PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Newsome on NFL Total Access

ccB
03-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Ozzie is going to be on NFL total Access in a couple minutes. This has probably been played already but I havent seen it yet.

ccB
03-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Basically all he said was Jamal was one of his favorites, but after signing the deal last year they both knew that would probably be his last year in Baltimore. He said that once the season ended they have a meeting to decide what positions neeed to be addressed and thats when Willis McGahee's name was first brought up. He said h doesnt know if JO is retiring and he has talked to him 4 times this offseason and Jonathon is undecided. He didnt say nothing about the upcoming draft. He said McNair helped us to the 13-3 record last year and hopefully McGahee can help close the deal on a 2nd SB in baltimore.

jkpigskin
03-10-2007, 11:19 AM
the deal we gave jamal one was a real good one....
if he had played well, we would've had him for a good price, but the contract also allowed us to cut him without penalty if he didnt

BigDawg819
03-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Jamal was a great player for us, but alas its time to move on without him. We will never forget that magical Super Bowl run he powered us on his rookie year, nor will we forget that spectacular 2003 season where he would have set the league rushing record for a single season if that run in the home game against Cleveland would not have been negated by a holding penalty. Jamal Lewis was a Raven, through the good, the bad, and the ugly he was a Raven. He represented the Purple and Black proudly and his contributions will be remembered and sorely missed. But now its time to move on to the Willis McGahee era. Alright kid the ball is yours, hopefully you will be running with it straight to Arizona in February!

Ravens1991
03-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I am pumped about next season, McNair has a extra year with the playbook.

BigDawg819
03-10-2007, 11:30 AM
I am pumped about next season, McNair has a extra year with the playbook.

Good he can possess a better understanding of how to signal the plays to Kyle after Kyle beats him for the starting job in Training Camp! :D :D :D :D

Ravens1991
03-10-2007, 11:48 AM
I actually wouldnt mind a open QB battle in traning camp, it could make both QB work their butts off.

go_ravens94
03-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I actually wouldnt mind a open QB battle in traning camp, it could make both QB work their butts off.

I agree, however, we don't want to push them too hard, because they might be tired out and lose the first couple of games...