PDA

View Full Version : Flozell fined again

Splat
09-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Flozell fined again (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/30/flozell-fined-again/)

3 weeks in a row now that might be a record?

MetSox17
09-30-2009, 01:11 PM
It's all good. He has been shutting down DEs week in and week out, so it's cool.

Splat
09-30-2009, 01:16 PM
It's all good. He has been tripping DEs week in and week out, so it's cool.

Fixed for you.

MetSox17
09-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Gaines Adams, Osi Umenyiora and Julius Peppers all got shut down. Like i said, it's all good.

Giantsfan1080
09-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Gaines Adams sucks. I can't wait for someone to leg whip Ware which causes an injury. We'll see how you feel about it then.

DMWSackMachine
09-30-2009, 01:29 PM
I have never heard such whining and moaning over something so trivial in my life. Since when is tripping a dirty play? It happens every game, I saw David Deihl try it on Ware TWICE last year when Ware was tearing him up. It happens every game. Its not a like a crack back, a low hit, or a blow to the head, its just a little trip. Don't fall down if you don't want hurt. Pretty simple.

DMWSackMachine
09-30-2009, 01:30 PM
And yes, at this point I haven't seen a better LT this season than Flozell. He's taken the best the NFL has to offer and shut them out.

MetSox17
09-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I have never heard such whining and moaning over something so trivial in my life. Since when is tripping a dirty play? It happens every game, I saw David Deihl try it on Ware TWICE last year when Ware was tearing him up. It happens every game. Its not a like a crack back, a low hit, or a blow to the head, its just a little trip. Don't fall down if you don't want hurt. Pretty simple.

LOL i'm with you, i have no idea since when it became such a disgusting thing to do. I'm 100% positive that it wouldn't be such a big deal had Tuck not been a little girl and hurt his little shoulder as he was falling.

Giantsfan1080
Since when is tripping a dirty play? It's an automatic flag and obviously a fine.

Splat
Don't fall down if you don't want hurt. Pretty simple.

If your going full speed and someone trips you your pretty much going to fall that is kinda how it works its called gravity.

Giantsfan1080
09-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Hahaha Tuck's a little girl. Riiiiiight.

MetSox17
09-30-2009, 01:34 PM
If your going full speed and someone trips you your pretty much for sure going to fall that is kinda how it works its called gravity.

Except, he wasn't going full speed.

awfullyquiet
09-30-2009, 01:39 PM
lets see about dumervil next week!

MetSox17
09-30-2009, 01:42 PM
We'll see. He's smaller and very quick, but i still think Flozell can just out muscle him.

awfullyquiet
09-30-2009, 01:47 PM
We'll see. He's smaller and very quick, but i still think Flozell can just out trip him.

I think so too. He's a quick little bugger who can get around people.

MetSox17
09-30-2009, 01:50 PM
I think so too. He's a quick little bugger who can get around people.

LOL good one. Trip or not, he's prolly getting shut down :p

FlyingElvis
09-30-2009, 02:06 PM

Flozell repeatedly breaks the same rule and it's not dirty?

Homerism. Defined.

And that Diehl argument seems familiar . . . everybody's doing it . . .

Brothgar
09-30-2009, 02:10 PM
LOL good one. Trip or not, he's prolly getting shut down :p

No one stops Elvis he is king!

Babylon
09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Gaines Adams, Osi Umenyiora and Julius Peppers all got shut down. Like i said, it's all good.

Peppers shut himself down. He was getting blocked by TEs. I wouldnt worry about Flo getting nuts out there but let's not talk like he's any big prize.

M.O.T.H.
09-30-2009, 02:30 PM
I obviously dont agree with the tripping, it has no place in the game...but, when he's not tripping guys, Flo has been fantastic this year. It's early but, he looks as good as he did in 2007. Great sign.

MetSox17
09-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Peppers shut himself down. He was getting blocked by TEs. I wouldnt worry about Flo getting nuts out there but let's not talk like he's any big prize.

So how exactly did he shut himself down?

P-L
09-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Is this a joke or are you being serious? Adams didn't just trip Justin Tuck, he flat out kicked him just above the knee. Yeah, it's so simple to stay on your feet when someone kicks you in the leg while moving.

Video for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.vimeo.com/6704982

Replay at and 1:00 and 1:55.

Babylon
09-30-2009, 02:48 PM

Poor effort, he was there at the point of attack several times and let guys run right by him. Maybe Flo scared him.

Giantsfan1080
09-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Flo has been very good this year but that's not the problem.

DMWSackMachine
09-30-2009, 04:21 PM
He broke a rule and he got caught and punished for it. Whoopdifreakindoo. This happens all the time. We're talking about a league where the vast majority of players like to quote the old saying "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" for cryin' out loud.

And ROFL at the guy who said this:

If your going full speed and someone trips you your pretty much going to fall that is kinda how it works its called gravity.

That slaughters me. Tuck was standing almost entirely still when he was tripped. He had been engaged in a block, disengaged from Flozell and had a clear path to the QB. He was in no way, shape, or form running at any speed, let alone full speed. He was just barely taking a step to accelerate to the QB from a standstill. What a laugh.

Sniper
09-30-2009, 04:26 PM

Because he sucks. Flozell's been good, but Peppers sucks.

BlindSite
09-30-2009, 04:26 PM
I can't believe anyone is justifying leg whips and tripping.

He deserves fines, and if he keeps doing it, he deserves more. The Panthers defense is bad right now, but it would be exponentially worse if Peppers got hurt because Adams is a ****** tackle.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Actually the design of their plays is helping a lot as well. I never really pay attention to Dallas games, but I am trying to this year. That damn draw play works very, very well. You lead the defense to believe it's a pass play so they follow their keys for a pass play, and then hand it off to one of their RBS. Great play! You do that and suck the DEs in and make them attack the QB only to see a RB hit the gap you're responsible for. It's a thing of beauty. Notice they did that a lot in the first drive to establish a rythmn, and then that makes the DEs less aggressive because you don't know if it's a pass or run anymore, which in turn makes ALL the OL men look that much better. It's a great series of play design which helps.

Babylon
09-30-2009, 04:38 PM

He deserves fines, and if he keeps doing it, he deserves more. The Panthers defense is bad right now, but it would be exponentially worse if Peppers got hurt because Adams is a ****** tackle.

Most fans use the no autopsy no foul rule with their own players. It should be like in basketball, so many flagrants you get suspended.

CC.SD
09-30-2009, 08:00 PM
lol at whoever is laughing at Tuck for falling down after getting tripped. Yeah what a *****!

tjsunstein
09-30-2009, 08:11 PM
What kind of athlete is he if he can't even stay on his feet after being kicked while running? Cut him.

CC.SD
09-30-2009, 08:13 PM
What kind of athlete is he if he can't even stay on his feet after being kicked while running? Cut him.

Time for Goodell to get out the ban hammer.

Rosebud
10-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Flozell needs to join Hershel Walker on that MMA show he's trying to get going. Best leg kicks in the HW division already.

CC.SD
10-01-2009, 01:05 AM

Sweep the leg

DnvXpLOzKeQ

Get him a body bag!!! yeaaaaa

SchizophrenicBatman
10-01-2009, 01:49 AM

actually it would get exponentially better

playing with julius peppers at DE is like playing with 10 players at this point

brat316
10-01-2009, 01:51 AM
Peppers just wants his 17 mill, and then he wants out. Just goes out there to get a check, he knows this season is gonna suck so he doesn't put forth to much effort.

BlindSite
10-01-2009, 02:51 AM
I tend to think Charles Johnson is going to be our best defensive end by the end of the year, he was dominant against Dallas, it didn't show on the stat sheet, but the big defensive end throwing linemen around, being held and getting hands on romo was Johnson.

Rosebud
10-01-2009, 03:49 AM
And this is why I'll never find myself on the peppers side of the Peppers/Osi debate. I just can't dub a DE who doesn't come to play with the talent Peppers has a great DE, to often he's just completely disappeared, and not because he was dominated but because he just didn't show up. Now Peppers may go on to dominate the league for the next 5 years and Osi may never regain his pre-injury form, but up to this point I'd take osi every time because with him you know you'd be getting an incredible pass rusher who was very strong against the run as well every week. A guy who may not score multiple sacks every game but a guy who makes his impact felt every sunday.

BlindSite
10-01-2009, 04:42 AM
And this is why I'll never find myself on the peppers side of the Peppers/Osi debate. I just can't dub a DE who doesn't come to play with the talent Peppers has a great DE, to often he's just completely disappeared, and not because he was dominated but because he just didn't show up. Now Peppers may go on to dominate the league for the next 5 years and Osi may never regain his pre-injury form, but up to this point I'd take osi every time because with him you know you'd be getting an incredible pass rusher who was very strong against the run as well every week. A guy who may not score multiple sacks every game but a guy who makes his impact felt every sunday.

To be honest, before 07 he was easily the better defensive end. Quite easily. It seems since then the 07 year he dragged ass, last year when he played well and now he's been lazy and I agree, right now Osi is a better player and his future, at least in my opinion is brighter.

It upsets me to see this, I know it's nothing personal on his level, but when there's guys like Delhomme, Steve Smith, Jon Beason, before him Mike Minter and on other teams, like Ray Lewis, Hines Ward, and other guys who live and die on every play, who love what they do, that he is just happy being mediocre or lazy.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Steve Smith's attitude and drive was transported into Peppers body, he'd be chasing down the sack record. For his physical ability and **** he can do outside of the triangle numbers, he's a ridiculous specimen of a human being and in some ways a tragic marker for wasted potential.

He's like LaVarr Arrington, ability of a god and heart of a mouse.

17 million. That could've brought in another defensive end, another wide receiver and some depth on the offensive line. It would've likely removed the need to trade a first round pick (because we ould find someone in FA to replace Pep) and the team would be in a better spot.

It makes me annoyed that one guy can't see past himself for the better of the organisation and that goes for Peppers and for Marty Hurney / Fox and co.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2009, 09:57 AM
This is ridiculous. Its not dirty?

Since when? Last time i checked, you get flagged and fined for it. So yeah, im pretty sure its a pretty bad thing to do..

And if everyone is constantly doing it, why is only Flozell being singled out? Is there some anti-Cowboys agenda in the league?

And Flozell is no way playing like the best LT in the league. He's been dominant run blocking, but if you have to trip 3 weeks in a row to prevent a sack, thats not "shutting" down your guy. Thats ridiculous.

Let's not forget his false start penalties either.

Flozell is playing better than last year, but best in the league? Thats ridiculous.

awfullyquiet
10-01-2009, 10:16 AM
And if everyone is constantly doing it, why is only Flozell being singled out? Is there some anti-Cowboys agenda in the league?

Serious. It's a conspiracy!

I mean, it's not like Jerry Jones pretty much does what he wants anyway.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Sweep the leg

DnvXpLOzKeQ

Get him a body bag!!! yeaaaaa

hahaha best movie! Elizabeth Shue's first movie I believe..

SchizophrenicBatman
10-01-2009, 11:18 AM
This is ridiculous. Its not dirty?

Since when? Last time i checked, you get flagged and fined for it. So yeah, im pretty sure its a pretty bad thing to do..

And Flozell is no way playing like the best LT in the league. He's been dominant run blocking, but if you have to trip 3 weeks in a row to prevent a sack, thats not "shutting" down your guy. Thats ridiculous.

Let's not forget his false start penalties either.

Flozell is playing better than last year, but best in the league? Thats ridiculous.

actually said trip on Peppers was during a running play

bigbluedefense
10-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Serious. It's a conspiracy!

I mean, it's not like Jerry Jones pretty much does what he wants anyway.

;)

don't forget the HOF's anti-cowboy bias. thats an even bigger lawl.

awfullyquiet
10-01-2009, 12:06 PM
;)

don't forget the HOF's anti-cowboy bias. thats an even bigger lawl.

It's really sickening, that America's Team.

Splat
10-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Flozell could face more than fines (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/02/flozell-could-face-more-than-fines/)