PDA

View Full Version : Mock Drafts Forum

etk
03-10-2007, 11:01 AM
I guess you can discuss other people's mock drafts here or overall consensus' from them, etc. But this is mainly here because...

There is a semi-official voting mock and we are about to be on the clock so go make your picks for us. CJ is on the board :D

Tampa 2 4 life
03-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Since we can't trade down, CJ. Definitely.

Bucsfan
03-10-2007, 01:43 PM
if JT isnt there, take CJ, if CJ wasnt there, trade down and get Okoye

Caddy
03-10-2007, 03:28 PM
CJ.. Duh

(10 characters)

etk
03-11-2007, 05:07 PM
The voting mock is up go vote now

Caddy
03-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Meh, We don't even need to vote because we will probably get CJ anyway.

banderse
03-14-2007, 09:29 AM
lions fan here, lets say that oakland takes russell and the lions are up, what are you willing to trade for the number 2 spot?

Merlin
03-14-2007, 10:00 AM
lions fan here, lets say that oakland takes russell and the lions are up, what are you willing to trade for the number 2 spot?Hopefully,.....nothing!

Booger
03-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Unlike most people here, I am huge on Joe Thomas.

If I were TB, I would trade our #4 and #64 picks for the #2 overall pick.

etk
03-14-2007, 10:39 AM
lions fan here, lets say that oakland takes russell and the lions are up, what are you willing to trade for the number 2 spot?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

What would we be trading up for, Joe Thomas? LT is not a major need for us and it's definitely not worth sacrificing other picks, especially when word is that Cleveland is taking Brady Quinn if available.

banderse
03-14-2007, 12:31 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

What would we be trading up for, Joe Thomas? LT is not a major need for us and it's definitely not worth sacrificing other picks, especially when word is that Cleveland is taking Brady Quinn if available.

you would be trading up for calvin johnson

etk
03-14-2007, 12:35 PM
you would be trading up for calvin johnson

Why would we trade up for Calvin Johnson? Detroit and Cleveland aren't going to take him.....

Merlin
03-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Why would we trade up for Calvin Johnson? Detroit and Cleveland aren't going to take him.....

And even if one did, we would still have plenty of options to play around with.
We could pick, and then trade down for more picks, and still get an impact player IMO.

etk
03-14-2007, 02:10 PM
We don't have the luxury of trading up for a player like CJ anyway, because WR is not a serious need, and it would cost us in other areas to move up to draft him. Where do these Lions fans get these ideas? Just because they want to trade down and draft a DE doesn't mean we want to pay for it....

-black
03-14-2007, 03:11 PM

why wouldnt Detroit take him?

and Detroit could trade to a team that wants to take him

Caddy
03-14-2007, 03:14 PM
why wouldnt Detroit take him?

and Detroit could trade to a team that wants to take him

Detroit don't need him because they already have solid #1 and #2 receivers in Williams and Furrey and I don't think we have to worry about teams trading up for the same reason we won't trade up. It is too costly.

-black
03-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Detroit don't need him because they already have solid #1 and #2 receivers in Williams and Furrey and I don't think we have to worry about teams trading up for the same reason we won't trade up. It is too costly.

point 1. They just traded for a RT. He and Jon Scott will compete for the T spot in camp and they are paying top LT money already. It economically would not make sense to invest another 50 million in the same position only to move Bauckus(sp?).

point 2. They would like to have a DE, but they are not going to take Adams or Anderson at 2. Neither are even close to being graded as high as Mario Williams or Julius Peppers were.

Point 3. They are repeated over and over that they are not interested in taking a QB in the first round. Plus, the front office is more interested in Drew Stanton than Quinn or Jamarcus Russell.

Point 4. Anyone that watched Furrey knows he was a "stat" type receiver that had a good year on paper. But he mostly went on slants and crossing patterns because he can not stretch the field. The Lions threw the ball close to over 65%, so its expected for "someone" to catch the balls. ex, take a look at Michael Claytons 2004 season. Many of the Lions sacks were coverage sacks because teams doubled Roy Williams. CJ gives Martz 2 great receivers and is the BPA. Like the Saints, the Lions most likely would pick up the BPA instead of focusing and reaching on the biggest need

IMO, CJ will be a Lion if they stay put. I believe they end up trading down, but if they stay put, the pick IMO will be CJ

Booger
03-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Point 3. They are repeated over and over that they are not interested in taking a QB in the first round. Plus, the front office is more interested in Drew Stanton than Quinn or Jamarcus Russell.

IMO, CJ will be a Lion if they stay put. I believe they end up trading down, but if they stay put, the pick IMO will be CJ

If the Lions were interested in taking at QB in the #2 spot, why would they advertise it? And seriously, how would you know that the front office was more interested in Stanton? Smokescreens are out in full force, dont put a lot of stock in anything they say leading up to the draft.

The Lions signed Furrey to a long term deal this offseason, so regardless of his legitimacy as a #2 WR, he is there to stay. Throw in Roy Williams (a true #1 WR), recently signed Shaun McDonald, and pending bust Mike Williams, I really dont see a need for CJ.

Not to mention the optics of taking another WR this high in the draft. If CJ goes #2 overall, I would be shocked if it were to the Lions.

etk
03-14-2007, 05:16 PM

They just signed Shaun McDonald and they still haven't given up on Mike Williams. Shaun McDonald and Mike Furrey are the kind of WR that Martz likes. CJ does not fit his offense as well and he's definitely not worth spending a first-rounder on. I think there is a better chance that they draft Ted Ginn or Anthony Gonzalez over CJ, because Martz really doesn't like big WRs and they already have one in Roy Williams.

Caddy
03-14-2007, 11:23 PM
There is no logical way that the Lions take a wide receiver with their first round pick. From a pure business and public relations view, it would be pure suicide.

Roy Williams is a great #1 guy, Furrey is a consistent #2 and MacDonald should flourish again under Martz. Mike Williams could still come good to. Pencil in Detroit for Adams, Quinn or Thomas.