PDA

View Full Version : Who's your team's MVP?

49ersfan_87
09-30-2009, 04:40 PM
The 49ers right now almost define "team wins"..There's no franchise QB and even when our star RB had 30 yards rushing we still beat the defending NFC champs, so it's hard to pin one guy as the MVP. But i'd list Justin Smith. He's great at defending the run but he's also a very underrated pass rusher. He only has 1 sack but he has 11 QB pressures over the first 2 weeks. What's even more astounding is the guy is incredibly durable. He hasn't missed a start since his rookie year back in 01. He's my vote for 49ers MVP.

Honourable Mention- OT Joe Staley. He's becoming a very good LT and our backup LT is Barry Sims. Meaning, it's trouble if he's out of the game. Fortunately, he's very durable as well, missing only a few offensive snaps since he entered the league in 07.

yo123
09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Obviously Adrian Peterson for the Vikings. If I did a top 5 it would look like this.

1. AD
2. Jared Allen
3. Kevin Williams
4. Steve Hutchinson
5. Antoine Winfield

HM- EJ Henderson, Pat Williams

Splat
09-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Dustin "To Legit To" Colquitt.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2009, 04:44 PM
The Redskins don't deserve an MVP. But London Fletcher, Andre Carter, Hunter Smith, Rocky McIntosh and Chris Horton are the only players on the entire team who deserve to receive their paycheck.

If I were forced to chose a team MVP it would probably have to be Hunter Smith.

Hurricanes25
09-30-2009, 04:46 PM
It's too early for this but for the Jets, I have to say that it is Darrelle Revis. He is the conerstone of our defense and he allows us to blitz extra guys. In week 1 he shut down Andre Johnson and limited him to 4 catches and only 35 yards. In week 2 he limited Randy Moss to 4 catches and 24 yards. He has been a stud for us and is a big reason why we currently have the #1 ranked deefense.

keylime_5
09-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Shaun Rogers. Not that it matters for us.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-30-2009, 04:50 PM
1. Coughlin/Gilbride for adjusting the passing scheme
2. Eli
3. Smith
4. Bradshaw
5. Manningham

WMD
09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Ernie Sims. When he doesn't play, we win!

Crickett
09-30-2009, 04:55 PM
1. Kris Jenkins
2. Darrelle Revis
3. David Harris
4. Bart Scott
5. Mark Sanchez

The Unseen
09-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Maurice Jones-Drew. The worst he has performed in our three games, the worse the result.

TitanHope
Chris Johnson for the Titans, but there are no MVP's for a winless team.

Although, I do think LenWhale needs more carries, particularly on 2nd down.

CC.SD
Legedu Naanee obviously.

P-L
09-30-2009, 04:57 PM
The guy that has stood out for the Lions is Larry Foote. I'd say he's Detroit's MVP.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Joe Flaccoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gay Ork Wang
09-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Jay Cutler

DiG
09-30-2009, 05:02 PM
If I were forced to chose a team MVP it would probably have to be Hunter Smith.

Hunter Smith for sure. LFB though is a close second.

Hurricanes25
09-30-2009, 05:03 PM
1. Kris Jenkins
2. Darrelle Revis
3. David Harris
4. Bart Scott
5. Mark Sanchez

You would choose Jenkins over Revis? Interesting.

senormysterioso
09-30-2009, 05:03 PM
For the Packers;
Charles Woodson, Cullen Jenkins, Aarron Rodgers, and Jay Cutler

wicket
09-30-2009, 05:04 PM
well in sainsland its always drew brees but other guys that at least deserve a mention are:
Mike Bell, Marques Colston, Jonathan Vilma, Darren Sharper and Jabari Greer

DJC
09-30-2009, 05:08 PM
It's between Ruud, Joseph, and Faine for the Bucs. I've really learned to appreciate Faine after the last two weeks.

Soon though, this man will pass them all

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/jim_trotter/03/25/qbs/josh-johnson.jpg

Babylon
09-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Seattle, John Carlson with a nod to Julius Jones, pretty sad. Olindo Mare for getting the coaches attention that's for sure.

gsorace
09-30-2009, 05:13 PM
You would choose Jenkins over Revis? Interesting.

Jenkins plays a more important position, I think our defense would be worse off if he missed time than if Revis did, so I would say Jenkins is more valuable, but if you're asking who the best player on the team is then it's Revis.

Sniper
09-30-2009, 05:14 PM
For the Packers;
Charles Woodson

What else is new?

Philly = DeBeast Jackson.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Drew Breesus

wonderbredd24
09-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Our team is horrid.

That said, it's Joe Thomas. He shut down Jared Allen and Terrell Suggs down to the point where you forget they were playing

Hurricanes25
09-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Jenkins plays a more important position, I think our defense would be worse off if he missed time than if Revis did, so I would say Jenkins is more valuable, but if you're asking who the best player on the team is then it's Revis.
Ok, I can buy that. I would have Jenkins right up there with Revis but when you shut down Andre Johnson and Randy Moss IMO, Revis gets the nod.

AlexDown
09-30-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm also taking Jenkins for the Jets over Revis. No doubt Revis has played well, but its the battle in the trenches that is causing havoc in the passing game. Jenkins is the beast behind it.

dolphinfan2k5
09-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Ronnie Brown, and I don't think anyone else is even close.

Hopefully after I few weeks I will be saying Chad Henne though. I can dream.

SFbear
09-30-2009, 06:03 PM
1. Jay Cutler
2. Jeff Reed
3. Olindo Mare
4. Lance Briggs
5. Charles Tillman

DeepThreat
09-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Our team is horrid.

That said, it's Joe Thomas. He shut down Jared Allen and Terrell Suggs down to the point where you forget they were playing

QFT Couldn't have said it any better.

bored of education
09-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Chiefs:

Brandon Flowers
Tank Tyler

Timbathia
09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Clady (still yet to give up a sack by himself in his 19 game career)
Dumervil (constant pressure from doom is the reason the def is playing well)

the decider13
09-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Clady (still yet to give up a sack by himself in his 19 game career)
Dumervil (constant pressure from doom is the reason the def is playing well)

Yeah, those were the same too I was going to name. Clady is such a beast.

SuperMcGee
09-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Would have to be Fred Jackson, followed by Marcus Stroud.

Bengalsrocket
09-30-2009, 06:46 PM
For the Bengals, it's actually pretty tough. Not many players have been outstanding, however we're still a competitive team. The first and obvious choice that comes to mind is Antwan Odom for his 5 sacks in week 2 (8 total thus far I believe). However, Palmer has a successful TD drives in the final 2 minutes of every game so far and that's just ridiculous as well.

Other people have been doing a top 5, so I guess I'll do that:

1) Carson Palmer
2) Antwan Odom
3) Cedric Benson
4) Rey Maualuga
5) Chad Ochocinco

I love the offensive line, I love Chris Crocker and I love our corners, but these 5 have been incredible for us.

Vox Populi
09-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Would have to be Fred Jackson, followed by Marcus Stroud.

I'd put Schobel ahead of Stroud, but its Jackson for sure.

CC.SD
09-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Chiefs:

Brandon Flowers
Tank Tyler

Is Tank playing well? That's awesome I like him. Flowers is obviouscakes.

SuperMcGee
09-30-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd put Schobel ahead of Stroud, but its Jackson for sure.

My computer froze up and I actually didn't even know that had posted already.
It's hard to not speak favorably of most players on our line right now, despite what is still a low sack total.
Schobel has been very good, looks very rejuvenated. One of the best defensive candidates for a comeback player. I still say Stroud before him, though.

But more Jackson love!

Our leading rusher and receiver. 4th in rushing, 3rd in receiving among backs, 2nd in yards from scrimmage. Just a fantastic every-down back performance in Lynch's absence.

Timbathia
09-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Chiefs:

Brandon Flowers
Tank Tyler

On an interesting side note, Flowers is the same height as Alphonso Smith, who is by consensus in this forum too short to be anything more than a nickel back in the NFL.

wonderbredd24
09-30-2009, 07:04 PM
On an interesting side note, Flowers is the same height as Alphonso Smith, who is by consensus in this forum too short to be anything more than a nickel back in the NFL.

How is he playing by the way? I really liked him, regardless of his height. The guy was just a great football player for the Demon Deacons

Shane P. Hallam
09-30-2009, 07:05 PM
For the Steelers, it may be Troy Polamalu in all honesty. Without him, we have lost both games. Though, I do have to say Ike Taylor has played well, and for the most part, Ben has been on fire.

bored of education
09-30-2009, 07:08 PM

Brandon Flowers was about 5'8 but was never declared a top 10 talent like some people on here said of Smith. IF Flowers ran a 4.40 and was 6'1 he ould have been the 1st overall pick? I thought he was a 20-35 type guy the whole time. His instincts though are tops in the league.

YAYareaRB
09-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Michael Crabtree

wonderbredd24
09-30-2009, 07:16 PM
For the Steelers, it may be Troy Polamalu in all honesty. Without him, we have lost both games. Though, I do have to say Ike Taylor has played well, and for the most part, Ben has been on fire.

It's gotta be Ben Roethlisberger. The defense is still effective without Polamalu, but what happens to that team if Ben goes down with injury?

No running game to speak of and hits and all, he's making plays. If Ben Roethlisberger gets hurt, and at the rate he's taking hits, he will, the Steelers are boned.

d34ng3l021
09-30-2009, 07:20 PM
1. Matt Ryan - Only player that performs at a high level consistently, after a couple of errant throws to start the season.
2. Mike Peterson
3. Curtis Lofton
4. Tony Gonzalez
5. no one worth mentioning

PalmerToCJ
09-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Carson Palmer has led us on scoring drives in all 3 games with under 2 minutes left... Twice those scores gave us the lead from behind... So yeah.... He's the man.

KCJ58
09-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Donnie Jones

CC.SD
09-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Carson Palmer has led us on scoring drives in all 3 games with under 2 minutes left... Twice those scores gave us the lead from behind... So yeah.... He's the man.

I'm really happy for that. Carson unleashed and on his game is one of the prettiest things in the NFL.

TitleTown088
09-30-2009, 07:41 PM
1. Rodgers
2. Cullen Jenkins
3. Greg jennings
4. Daryn Colledge
5. Nick Collins.

* I left Woodson out because its not fair to put him amongst mortals.

CC.SD
09-30-2009, 07:56 PM
1. Rodgers
2. Cullen Jenkins
3. Greg jennings
4. Daryn Colledge
5. Nick Collins.

That's not the only immortal missing from this lizt.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2009, 08:14 PM
1. Rodgers
2. Cullen Jenkins
3. Greg jennings
4. Daryn Colledge
5. Nick Collins.

What has Jennings done that makes him so much more important than Donald Driver. Jennings has made some big plays but Driver is the consistent threat who Rogers can rely on getting open in a clutch situation.

tjsunstein
09-30-2009, 08:15 PM
That's not the only immortal missing from this lizt.

Who's the other one?

tjsunstein
09-30-2009, 08:18 PM
What has Jennings done that makes him so much more important than Donald Driver. Jennings has made some big plays but Driver is the consistent threat who Rogers can rely on getting open in a clutch situation.

He's been an awesome decoy by taking the coverage off of Driver. He also caught the game winner vs the Bears to open the season. When he doesn't record a catch; we don't win. (See Week 2) The other two games, he's had over 100 yards recieving.

GB12
09-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Charles Woodson for the Packers.

Anyone listing more than one player is lame.

BuddyCHRIST
09-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Drew Brees, but Darren Sharper deserves a mention, he's making plays and has provided leadership to the defense.

yo123
09-30-2009, 08:33 PM

Because a Vikings fan just saying Adrian Peterson would be so insightful...:rolleyes:

JFLO
09-30-2009, 08:37 PM
For Minnesota, it is obviously Adrian Peterson, but I think some other players deserve credit, so:

1) Kevin Williams---Jared Allen is the better player, but Williams has played better so far this season.

2) Antoine Winfield---His run support and tackling ability has been the best I have ever seen from him in his tenure at Minnesota. What he does for his size and age is just unreal.

3) Jared Allen---Struggled against Joe Thomas but started to turn his game on against Detroit and San Fran, it should only get better.

HM: E.J. Henderson, Grandpa and Percy Harvin.

Shane P. Hallam
09-30-2009, 08:49 PM
It's gotta be Ben Roethlisberger. The defense is still effective without Polamalu, but what happens to that team if Ben goes down with injury?

No running game to speak of and hits and all, he's making plays. If Ben Roethlisberger gets hurt, and at the rate he's taking hits, he will, the Steelers are boned.

Ben will get hurt, he does every year, and we win games when our back-up plays. Our defense hasn't played fine giving up two game winning drives.

GB12
09-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Ben will get hurt, he does every year, and we win games when our back-up plays. Our defense hasn't played fine giving up two game winning drives.
I got excited when I saw the name and thought it was a clever troll. I'm disappointed to find out it's actually you.

Hurricanes25
09-30-2009, 08:50 PM

Agreed. It's no coincidence that the Steelers lost both games that Polamalu did not play.

Shane P. Hallam
09-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Agreed. It's no coincidence that the Steelers lost both games that Polamalu did not play.

Yup. And I'm not one to overrate Polamalu, I thought we'd be fine, but we obviously are not.

Paul
09-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Felix :(.

Maybe the entire O-line. The specialize in moving humans with great force.

senormysterioso
09-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Felix :(.

They also specialize in making really bad quasi metal junk

http://www.beloblog.com/wfaasports/image008.jpg

Da-Phins
09-30-2009, 09:05 PM
When your winless nobody deserves the team mvp. But if I had to choose, it would be Ronnie Brown.

niel89
09-30-2009, 09:11 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/writers/peter_king/02/24/combine/t1-flacco.jpg

Brent
09-30-2009, 09:19 PM
I'll go with...

http://prod.static.49ers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/SF/photos/person-cards/players/player-cards/lee_andy_ci.jpg

TitleTown088
09-30-2009, 09:27 PM

As for Woodson ( Hallowed be thy Name.) being the most valuable on the Packers, that's not right. The Packers can win without Woodson, they're effed without Rodgers.

As for the second part... Who cares?

Beans
09-30-2009, 09:31 PM
barrett ruud is one of the few competent players on this team right now

fischbowl
09-30-2009, 09:34 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/b_moorman_061126_IA.jpg

MetSox17
09-30-2009, 09:44 PM

Beat me to it.

Although if i couldn't say the entire o-line and just had to single someone out, i'd say The Hotel Adams. He has been beasting this season and is looking just about as good as he ever has in both pass protection and run support. But the whole offensive line is playing great.

Paul
09-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Beat me to it.

Although if i couldn't say the entire o-line and just had to single someone out, i'd say The Hotel Adams. He has been beasting this season and is looking just about as good as he ever has in both pass protection and run support. But the whole offensive line is playing great.

Yeah. I've been giving Flozell a lot of **** lately, but he's been stellar this year. Aside from his usual FS.

Thumper
09-30-2009, 09:50 PM
1. DeSean Jackson- 3 touchdown in three games, all 3 of which btw are over 60 yards. So far he has 12 receptions, 259 yards, 21.6 YPC, 2 Touchdowns, 418 all purpose yards, 307 yards from scrimmage and 1 85 yard TD punt return. He leads the NFL in in punt return average, he leads the NFL in YPC with receivers with 10 catches or more and was name the NFL's special teams player of the month. He is absolutely beasting.

2. Brent Celek- Who is the best TE in the business? According the stats, his name is Brent Celek. He has caught more than 80% of passes thrown to him and he is constantly open. He has 22 catches for 245 yards and 2 touchdowns. That doesn't account for the fact that he is being used in blocking quite often to help Winston Justice.

3. Trent Cole- He is doing fantastic right now, constant pressure off of the edge and he is stuffing the run. He is clearly the Eagles best defensive player.

4. Jason Peters- Wow. Who would of thought that when Andy Reid said he traded for the best LT in football, he might have been right? After a horrendous pre-season he has come out and completely owned the left side. He has given up one sack, and it was flukey. He is fantastic in run blocking, he gets out on screen passes better than any tackle I've ever seen and he is keeping the QB clean. The QB has to worry about pressure from all other spots on the line, but whether it is Kolb or McNabb, they can trust that no one is getting by the massive #71.

wonderbredd24
09-30-2009, 09:58 PM
4. Jason Peters- Wow. Who would of thought that when Andy Reid said he traded for the best LT in football, he might have been right? After a horrendous pre-season he has come out and completely owned the left side. He has given up one sack, and it was flukey. He is fantastic in run blocking, he gets out on screen passes better than any tackle I've ever seen and he is keeping the QB clean. The QB has to worry about pressure from all other spots on the line, but whether it is Kolb or McNabb, they can trust that no one is getting by the massive #71.

Joe Thomas is the best tackle in football

Regards,

Jared Allen and Terrell Suggs

GB12
09-30-2009, 10:02 PM
As for Woodson ( Hallowed be thy Name.) being the most valuable on the Packers, that's not right. The Packers can win without Woodson, they're effed without Rodgers.

As for the second part... Who cares?
There's a difference between MVP and who would hurt the most to lose.

Rosebud
09-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Eli, although one could argue Corey Webster's dominance deserves this title, I just can't imagine how much worse we'd be if you replaced Eli with a league average starter, our running game has stuttered and you can lay the Dallas win almost squarely on eli's shoulders as our run d was torched and our rushing game stuffed in their stadium opener.

aNYtitan
09-30-2009, 10:17 PM
So Far...This Guy

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/adam_duerson/12/19/gotw/chris-johnson.jpg

tjsunstein
09-30-2009, 10:17 PM

Agreed. The Vikings could win without Peterson, Cowboys without Felix Jones, and Browns without Joe Thomas. Kidding about the last one cause they can't win with him. Zing.

TitleTown088
09-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Agreed. The Vikings could win without Peterson, Cowboys without Felix Jones, and Browns without Joe Thomas. Kidding about the last one cause they can't win with him. Zing.

The Vikings win consistently without AD? Riiiiight.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Eagles

OMVP-McNabb
DMVP-Trent Cole

Toneloc498
09-30-2009, 10:53 PM
COREY WEBSTER...

yes for the Giants it is Corey Webster, number 23... He has had 12 Passes thrown his way in three games, allowed 3 completitions for 22 yards (one was a screen) and has gotten 1 interception. Corey Webster is defenitly a top 5 corner (maybe even top 3) in the NFL

Thumper
09-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Joe Thomas is the best tackle in football

Regards,

Jared Allen and Terrell Suggs

Thomas is great in pass protection, but extremely average in the run game, while on the other hand Jason Peters has man handled Julius Peppers and Will Smith in pass protection and the run game.

Remember when he was generally considered as a top 5 tackle? Yes, he is playing better than that right now. I don't think I can really emphasize enough how great he has been. When the Eagles run behind him the Eagles are averaging 5.3 yards per carry and when the Browns run behind Joe Thomas they're averaging exactly 2.56 yards per carry. That is nearly double.

Here I'll give you an example of what happens nearly every time in the run game, he is doing great.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/13LcQiFNsTQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/13LcQiFNsTQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

RagingColt
09-30-2009, 10:56 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac225/derbyfan83/ed0b69d779d948a0d114c9101bfeaa6c-ge.jpg
"Iíll kill a snitch. Iím not saying I have. Iím not saying I havenítÖĒ

the decider13
09-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Thomas is great in pass protection, but extremely average in the run game, while on the other hand Jason Peters has man handled Julius Peppers and Will Smith in pass protection and the run game.

Remember when he was generally considered as a top 5 tackle? Yes, he is playing better than that right now. I don't think I can really emphasize enough how great he has been. When the Eagles run behind him the Eagles are averaging 5.3 yards per carry and when the Browns run behind Joe Thomas they're averaging exactly 2.56 yards per carry. That is nearly double.

Are you sure that has nothing to do with the fact that the talent level on the teams is completely different? Both RBs on philly are better than the starter in cleveland. Peters has been better this year, probably somewhere in the top 5. But to be fair, he was just aweful last year. It will probably take the whole season to get rid of that bad taste.

Roos>Clady>Gross=Thomas>Peters

Toneloc498
09-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Are you sure that has nothing to do with the fact that the talent level on the teams is completely different? Both RBs on philly are better than the starter in cleveland. Peters has been better this year, probably somewhere in the top 5. But to be fair, he was just aweful last year. It will probably take the whole season to get rid of that bad taste.

Roos>Clady>Gross=Thomas>Peters

Peters has played well so far this year but last year I think he was one of the worst... if not the worst LTs in football (pass protection wise). He gave up 13.5 sacks I believe

Thumper
09-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Peters has played well so far this year but last year I think he was one of the worst... if not the worst LTs in football (pass protection wise). He gave up 13.5 sacks I believe

Yes, but he was the best run blocking tackle in football
http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2009/07/jason-peters-spawn-of-grendel.html

http://www.igglesblog.com/.a/6a00d8341c248053ef0115719de18e970b-pi

Toneloc498
09-30-2009, 11:10 PM
He is a very good run blocker but with the Offense that you guys run in Philly and how much you pass the ball vrs how much you run id much rather have the top pass blocking LT then the top run blocking LT.

the decider13
09-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Unfortunately we don't have access to those stats for everyone (at least I don't know where to find them) because it would be pretty interesting. Peters is ultra athletic but like I said, he is going to need to prove himself some more after last season.

derza222
09-30-2009, 11:27 PM
1. Kris Jenkins
2. Darrelle Revis
3. David Harris
4. Bart Scott
5. Mark Sanchez

Taking what Bart Scott does off the field out of account, I'd flip him out for Cotchery. Keeping it in account, I'll take Sanchize out for J-Co. Giving the rook a solid, go to WR has been huge, and he has produced in all three games. The running game hasn't been going and he's been the driving force in the passing game since Keller has been somewhat up and down (I presume defenses are keying on him), so I think he has to be on the list.

Otherwise I'd keep it the same though. The OL hasn't been playing great, the DE's and OLB's have been solid but unspectacular, same with the defensive backfield besides Revis. Harris has been a monster, and it's tough to ignore Baby Lockdown's play, but the big man in the middle is the key for this team. If he goes down I think it hurts the team's ability to win this season more than anybody else.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Joe Thomas>Jason Peters

Bengalsrocket
09-30-2009, 11:34 PM

You're going to have to explain this one to me. I assumed the person who is most valuable to your team would be the exact same person who hurts the most to lose.

Now, I can see if a player is going above and beyond expectation that you want recognize him for that, but it doesn't make him your most valuable player.

for example, lets say Dwight Freeney is having a career year, maybe he eclipses his personal best of 16 sacks. But Peyton Manning does exactly what is expected of him (30+ TD's and 4,000 yards); Peyton Manning is still your most valuable player. It may hurt to lose either player, but I could see the Colts fighting through the play offs without Freeney. I just don't see similar results with Jim Sorgi leading that team.

aNYtitan
09-30-2009, 11:38 PM
But Michael Roos > Joe Thomas

General Zod
09-30-2009, 11:58 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac225/derbyfan83/ed0b69d779d948a0d114c9101bfeaa6c-ge.jpg
"Iíll kill a snitch. Iím not saying I have. Iím not saying I havenítÖĒ

This post just reeks of win.

General Zod
10-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Obviously Adrian Peterson for the Vikings. If I did a top 5 it would look like this.

1. AD
2. Jared Allen
3. Kevin Williams
4. Steve Hutchinson
5. Antoine Winfield

HM- EJ Henderson, Pat Williams

Id probably take out Pat Williams and put in Cedric Griffin has played lights out thus far.

yo123
10-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Id probably take out Pat Williams and put in Cedric Griffin has played lights out thus far.

He's been pretty good yes, but I guess you could say I'm not super confident in him keeping it up haha. I've always hated him. Who knows though, maybe this is his breakout year.

Thumper
10-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Actually there is access to them, here they are. You'd be extremely surprised to find out that Michael Roos is performing like one of the worst run blocking tackles in the NFL.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Ryan Clady is doing the second worst job of run blocking, averaging less than 1 yard per carry when the Broncos run behind him. Michael Roos is averaging just a smidge over 3.6 yards per carry. Clady has yet to surrender a sack in his first 19 games and I can't find the stats for Roos, but the Titans line has already allowed 8 QB sacks, and I would assume since Mario Williams typically lines up at RE he got his sack against Roos. So by my count he has allowed 1 sack and is paving the way for just over 3.6 yards a carry.

The top run blocking LT thus far is Bengals LT Andrew Whitworth with Jason Peters, Marcus McNiel, Jordan Gross and Donald Penn rounding out the top 5.

the decider13
10-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Actually there is access to them, here they are. You'd be extremely surprised to find out that Michael Roos is performing like one of the worst run blocking tackles in the NFL.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Ryan Clady is doing the second worst job of run blocking, averaging less than 1 yard per carry when the Broncos run behind him. Michael Roos is averaging just a smidge over 3.6 yards per carry. Clady has yet to surrender a sack in his first 19 games and I can't find the stats for Roos, but the Titans line has already allowed 8 QB sacks, and I would assume since Mario Williams typically lines up at RE he got his sack against Roos. So by my count he has allowed 1 sack and is paving the way for just over 3.6 yards a carry.

The top run blocking LT thus far is Bengals LT Andrew Whitworth with Jason Peters, Marcus McNiel, Jordan Gross and Donald Penn rounding out the top 5.

Cinci's O-line looks pretty dominant on there. I do think that 3 weeks is way too small of a sample size to judge something like this though. Of course Dallas is number one, they had two huge rushing games. That doesn't make them the best run blockers in the NFL. Their next 5 games could be absolutely dismal. This will be more interesting at the end of the year though.

Especially after Clady goes two full seasons without allowing a sack. Beast mode.

EDIT: Using those same stats from last year, Clady was 5th in run blocking and the best pass blocker. Peters was 15th in run blocking.

Thumper
10-01-2009, 12:39 AM
1. DeSean Jackson- 3 touchdown in three games, all 3 of which btw are over 60 yards. So far he has 12 receptions, 259 yards, 21.6 YPC, 2 Touchdowns, 418 all purpose yards, 307 yards from scrimmage and 1 85 yard TD punt return. He leads the NFL in in punt return average, he leads the NFL in YPC with receivers with 10 catches or more and was name the NFL's special teams player of the month. He is absolutely beasting.

Hey, lets not lose the focus on who the MVP is. DeSean "Big Play in the making" Jackson is just busy being a boss as usual. :D

Leading the NFL in punt return average, receiving average in receivers that have more than 10 receptions and tied in receptions over 40 yards.

vikes_28
10-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Adrian Peterson, obviously.

Thecollegedropout
10-01-2009, 01:55 AM
1. Kris Jenkins
2. Darrelle Revis
3. David Harris
4. Bart Scott
5. Mark Sanchez
As much as I love Sanchez, I think we have to get an O-Lineman somewhere on here hence the Mangold love coming in. He had 1 bad mistake on Sunday but otherwise has been SOLID handling guys like Vince Wilfork and a strong guy like Amobi Okoye.

Cotchery and his 4th most receiving yds deserve a cool mention here too.

BlindSite
10-01-2009, 02:54 AM
Thomas ************* Davis

Rosebud
10-01-2009, 04:12 AM
COREY WEBSTER...

yes for the Giants it is Corey Webster, number 23... He has had 12 Passes thrown his way in three games, allowed 3 completitions for 22 yards (one was a screen) and has gotten 1 interception. Corey Webster is defenitly a top 5 corner (maybe even top 3) in the NFL

Corey's been our best player, but I think the role eli has played in our wins is greater.

Caddy
10-01-2009, 04:58 AM
The Buccaneers do not have an MVP. They all equally suck.

Sveen
10-01-2009, 05:50 AM
1. Drew Brees
2. Gregg Williams
3. The running game

HM: Darren Sharper

stephenson86
10-01-2009, 06:05 AM
nobody comes close to chris johnson

A Perfect Score
10-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Flacco is getting alot of love, and deservedly so, but Im gunna go with this man yet again:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-G81MPN1eTI/SZGDMjHjZoI/AAAAAAAAA30/hUiCDOhdz7s/s400/Ray+Lewis+2.jpg

He makes the whole defense click and is still a top tier linebacker after all this time. Hes playing like hes 25 again and is out there flying around making (sometimes game saving) tackles. Hes the face of the Ravens, at least for now. Flacco will be soon enough I imagine though.

terribletowel39
10-01-2009, 07:52 AM
The guy that has stood out for the Lions is Larry Foote. I'd say he's Detroit's MVP.
Really?? This makes me happy.

For the Steelers, I would agree with Troy or Ben. If the WR's would run the right routes and catch the ball we would be 3-0. If Troy was in, not for sure, but good possibility, we are 3-0. Oh well.

drowe
10-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Jay Cutler

also the Packer's MVP at this point.

Sniper
10-01-2009, 09:18 AM

I think he's given up two, but you're obscure stat whiz. I thought I saw something in a Philly website (Inquirer?) giving him two sacks.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Flacco is getting alot of love, and deservedly so, but Im gunna go with this man yet again:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-G81MPN1eTI/SZGDMjHjZoI/AAAAAAAAA30/hUiCDOhdz7s/s400/Ray+Lewis+2.jpg

He makes the whole defense click and is still a top tier linebacker after all this time. Hes playing like hes 25 again and is out there flying around making (sometimes game saving) tackles. Hes the face of the Ravens, at least for now. Flacco will be soon enough I imagine though.

I agree. The reason I put Flacco is because he has played so good these past 3 games and the less mistakes he makes the better our chances for winning. Ray Lewis is always the MVP for our team lets give Flacco some shine!!!!!!

P-L
10-01-2009, 10:10 AM
The problem with those football outsiders runs stats for the offensive line, is that they don't take into account who the running back is and if they are using a fullback to block as well. Also the "left tackle" stats are when a team runs between the left tackle and the left guard. You might want to look at the "left end" stats (which tells you how successful a team is running outside the tackle) to determine how well a left tackle is actually playing.

Dam8610
10-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Top 5 Colts MVPs:

1) Peyton Manning
2) Peyton Manning
3) Peyton Manning
4) Peyton Manning
5) Peyton Manning

Honorable Mentions: Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning

Did I mention Peyton Manning?

DeepThreat
10-01-2009, 10:49 AM
But Michael Roos > Joe Thomas

Yeah, umm, no.

Saints 4 Lyfe
10-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Top 5 Colts MVPs:

1) Peyton Manning
2) Peyton Manning
3) Peyton Manning
4) Peyton Manning
5) Peyton Manning

Honorable Mentions: Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning

Did I mention Peyton Manning?

Peyton Manning is nothing without Jim Sorgi pushing him to excellence.

Thumper
10-01-2009, 11:38 AM
The problem with those football outsiders runs stats for the offensive line, is that they don't take into account who the running back is and if they are using a fullback to block as well. Also the "left tackle" stats are when a team runs between the left tackle and the left guard. You might want to look at the "left end" stats (which tells you how successful a team is running outside the tackle) to determine how well a left tackle is actually playing.

Yes and no, you're right about he flaws. The lt run blocking stats are more representative of a left tackles drive blocking skills while the left end stats are more representative of a tackes ability to seal the edge. The left end stats make Roos look even worse btw.

Also Sniper, the eagles have only given up two sacks. Winston justice gave one up to Julius peppers and jason peters gave one up to Bobby mccray. The site that you got that from probably didn't watch the game and just looked at he box score and saw that Julius peppers had a sack and since he usually plays re they figure it was peters who allowed it. Peppers moved to the left side toward the end of the game and he beat justice on a sack and he forced the fumble.

ThePudge
10-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Carson Palmer is the obvious answer, pretty much the only answer for the Bengals. MVP, to me, means not only which player is doing well, but also which player is most indispensable, and which player is most integral in winning. That said, there's really no argument against Carson. I don't care what his passer rating is, his three heroic 4th Quarter drives in three games (only to have one spoiled) puts him right there with anyone in the league in the category of most integral to his team's success and most indispensable. We have a shot at a winning record with Carson, without him we're a 5-11 football team at best.

The man he edges out for Bengals MVP (through 3 games) may surprise some. Cedric Benson was an afterthought of the disappointing 2005 draft. Last year Benson showed signs of life in Cincinnati, this year he's shown that he may fulfill the expectations the Chicago Bears had for him when they selected him fourth overall. He is the first legitimate threat at Running Back the Bengals have had since Rudi was in his prime; based on watching Benson play and listening to practice reports, Benson may be the best back the Bengals have had since Corey Dillon. He's fast, he's tough, he has good vision, he fights for extra yards, finishes runs, and always seems to fall forward. This legitimate threat of a running game gives the Cincinnati Bengals and Carson Palmer a chance. It's a bit early, but I believe that Cedric Benson might very well be best back in the AFC North. Maybe people will begin to realize what Bengals fans had been saying all off-season, Benson is for real in Cincy.

The AFC Defensive Player of the Month, Antwan Odom, also deserves some recognition for his seven sacks in three games and consistent pressure. A pass rush isn't something Bengals fans have gotten used to yet, but it'd be great to buck that trend this year. Odom has done, by far, the most to this point preying on the Packers OT's and also recording two sacks at Denver. His pressure though has led to some rushed decisions as well. Newcomers Rey Maualuga and Roy Williams may get the press for turning this defense around, but Odom an athletic, powerful pass-rusher has been the one to set the tone for Zimmer's D. His turnaround this year, after cashing in big with Bengals in 2008, has been the greatest difference in individual achievement on the entire team.

Rookie Quan Cosby is by no means the MVP, but if you have followed the Bengals in great detail, you'll know in the past decade we haven't been able to return punts. Quan is a revelation though, averaging over 16 yards a return (11 returns) including a 60 yarder against Green Bay to set up a score. He moves north-south, but has enough vision and wiggle to get through small holes and turn 5 yards into 15. For the Bengals, along with Benson's role and Odom's, this is a revelation.

21ST
10-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Hunter Smith, all the other redskins either suck because of their play or suck buy association

A Perfect Score
10-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Oh, and about the best LT debate...come on fellas...We all know its Jared Gaither.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh, and about the best LT debate...come on fellas...We all know its Jared Gaither.

If not now he will eventually be. Gaither/Oher>all

senormysterioso
10-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Gaither was such a freakin steal. How did nobody bid higher than a 5th for him

bigbluedefense
10-01-2009, 12:39 PM

i was so pissed when the Giants didn't make a bid for him. we had (and still do) David Diehl at LT and we didn't make a bid for Gaither?

That one still hurts.

i thought he'd go round 3 in that supplemental draft. round 5 was unbelievable.

A Perfect Score
10-01-2009, 01:07 PM

They were overwhelmed by Ozzie's genius.

CC.SD
10-01-2009, 01:17 PM
i was so pissed when the Giants didn't make a bid for him. we had (and still do) David Diehl at LT and we didn't make a bid for Gaither?

That one still hurts.

i thought he'd go round 3 in that supplemental draft. round 5 was unbelievable.

Trust me it's worse if your team gave up a 4th in that same supplemental draft for the ghost of Paul Oliver.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Peyton Manning is nothing without Jim Sorgi pushing him to excellence.

With Jim on the bench, Peyton knows he needs to keep in tip-top form. One bad game, they're replacing him with Slim Jim Sorgi.

10-01-2009, 01:18 PM

IIRC there were a lot of big question marks about him at the time.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Trust me it's worse if your team gave up a 4th in that same supplemental draft for the ghost of Paul Oliver.

oh yeah haha.

ouch.

Imagine McNeil at RT and Gaither at LT?

that would be one epic win.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2009, 01:24 PM
IIRC there were a lot of big question marks about him at the time.

he was supposedly dumb as an ox, immature, and raw.

that was during the peak of Fuher Goodell's suspensions, so I think the immaturity thing really scared teams off.

thats how i remember it at least.

LizardState
10-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Dallas Cowboys: Tashard "Best Draft" Choice.

Sure isn't Romo, & it took DeMarcus Ware 3 games to get that 1st sack.

Shiver
10-01-2009, 01:37 PM
We got Matt Ryan and John Abraham. Other than those two we would be the Rams.

10-01-2009, 01:42 PM
We got Matt Ryan and John Abraham. Other than those two we would be the Rams.

Don't forget Jamaal Anderson.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26021

Babylon
10-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Eagles

OMVP-McNabb
DMVP-Trent Cole

55% in one game for 78 yards and he's your MVP? you are kidding right?

themaninblack
10-01-2009, 11:17 PM
I just wanted to add Andrew Whitworth as a honorable mention to the players the other Bengals fans have already mentioned. He has been fantastic thus far in his move out to LT from LG. I expected him to have some trouble dealing with DEs in pass pro but he's been very solid in that department and his run blocking has been spectacular which was expected.

Staubach12
10-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Jason Witten right now for Dallas. He is our passing game.

TACKLE
10-01-2009, 11:51 PM

As much as I love Gaither and think he's definitely in that group among the top LT's in football, his run blocking is still average. He still plays to high in the run game. Though Oher has been an animal in the run game. He's just destroying guys and has been solid in pass pro too. The combination of Gaither and Oher is deadly. So young and so talented.

CC.SD
10-02-2009, 12:03 AM
oh yeah haha.

ouch.

Imagine McNeil at RT and Gaither at LT?

that would be one epic win.

Shaddup you

fischbowl
10-02-2009, 12:15 AM
he was supposedly dumb as an ox, immature, and raw.

that was during the peak of Fuher Goodell's suspensions, so I think the immaturity thing really scared teams off.

thats how i remember it at least.

He was academically ineligible to play at UMD and if I remember correctly, had some behavioural issues. Gaither was close to home and therefore warranted the risk taken with the Ravens selecting him

Rosebud
10-02-2009, 12:47 AM
He was academically ineligible to play at UMD and if I remember correctly, had some behavioural issues. Gaither was close to home and therefore warranted the risk taken with the Ravens selecting him

He would've been a top ten pick had he not been academically ineligible with all of his other red flags. A guy like that should warrant atleast a 4th rounder.