PDA

View Full Version : my realistic ravens big board based on need

roscoesdad27
09-30-2009, 06:15 PM
1) D. Bryant...stud w.r. with exceptional jumpball skills would suit flaccos cannon to perfection and would also become his career #1 reciever.

2) A. Benn...another #1 reciever type

3) J. Gresham...if we cant land one of the top 2 recievers than i like gresham...extremely balanced tightend could slip to us and be a steal at the end of the first round...great reciever/outstanding blocker...fits scheme to perfection.

4) P. Robinson...physical c.b. with good size...we need a true #1 corner esp. one that can matchup on bigger recievers that will give us fitys all year.

5) J. Haden...very similiar to robinson

6) D. Thomas...big reciever with great hands and size could be a sleeper...tremendous run blocker as well.

7) B. Lafell...has the potential to be a #1 reciver.

dez is the only one that "probably" wont be there....i would also love to land o.g. sergio render in round 2...mauling run blocker would solidify our already great o.l.

Ravens1991
10-01-2009, 10:11 AM
I would love Bryant but unless we trade up there is a snow balls shot in hell we get him. I know Crabtree may be at our pick but I dont want him at all

roscoesdad27
10-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I would love Bryant but unless we trade up there is a snow balls shot in hell we get him. I know Crabtree may be at our pick but I dont want him at all

i'd take crabs in a heartbeat, maybe even over dez....ray wouldnt let him get away with any shanagins here.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-01-2009, 03:16 PM
i'd take crabs in a heartbeat, maybe even over dez....ray wouldnt let him get away with any shanagins here.

I'd personally have Crabs as my #3 WR. He's stronger than Bryant but Bryant is a superior big play threat. Bryant is faster, has better hands, and biggest difference has insane ball tracking skills and body control. Crabtree will be more of a possession receiver while Bryant is a dynamic big play threat receiver. My personal favorite WR is Benn and he's more comparable to Crabtree. Benn however is stronger and better with the run after the catch than Crabtree although Crabtree has better hands and ball skills. If he declares Damaryius Thomas would definitely be a great fit for Baltimore. He's the best blocking WR in college football and has serious ball skills and hands. His lack of top end speed though projects him more as a #2 type but I see a lot of TO in him and I'm talking about performance on the field. Personally though I feel the most realistic guys who will land in Baltimore are Lafell and Gilyard. Lafell is probably the best fit. He's a big and strong receiver. Gilyard personally though is my favorite of the two. He won't be an impact blocker but he is probably the smoothest receiver in the draft. He reminds me of Reggie Wayne although I'm sure many will disagree to that.

roscoesdad27
10-01-2009, 03:51 PM
I'd personally have Crabs as my #3 WR. He's stronger than Bryant but Bryant is a superior big play threat. Bryant is faster, has better hands, and biggest difference has insane ball tracking skills and body control. Crabtree will be more of a possession receiver while Bryant is a dynamic big play threat receiver. My personal favorite WR is Benn and he's more comparable to Crabtree. Benn however is stronger and better with the run after the catch than Crabtree although Crabtree has better hands and ball skills. If he declares Damaryius Thomas would definitely be a great fit for Baltimore. He's the best blocking WR in college football and has serious ball skills and hands. His lack of top end speed though projects him more as a #2 type but I see a lot of TO in him and I'm talking about performance on the field. Personally though I feel the most realistic guys who will land in Baltimore are Lafell and Gilyard. Lafell is probably the best fit. He's a big and strong receiver. Gilyard personally though is my favorite of the two. He won't be an impact blocker but he is probably the smoothest receiver in the draft. He reminds me of Reggie Wayne although I'm sure many will disagree to that.

1) IF bryants hands are better than crabs its not by much.

2) benn isnt better after the catch than crabs, benn is very, very good...crabs is great even tho he isnt quite as fast...reminds me of jerry rice here.

3) i love d. thomas as well but gilyard is wayyy overrated...too small and not very fast...great college w.r. tho....but i would take a potential #1 c.b.'s patrick robinson or joe haden over thomas, lafell or gilyard.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Robinson likely won't be in draft range. Perrish Cox is the only other CB I would think about taking round 1. He can handle the bigger receivers, has catchup speed, and could also step in and become the punt returner although I guess Webb is the PR of the future.

roscoesdad27
10-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Robinson likely won't be in draft range. Perrish Cox is the only other CB I would think about taking round 1. He can handle the bigger receivers, has catchup speed, and could also step in and become the punt returner although I guess Webb is the PR of the future.

cox is great...could possibly move ahead of robinson as the #1 corner...i overlooked him....good call...i would say eric brry as he is the top c.b. prospect as well as safety prospect to me...he could be a modern day mel blount as a c.b. or a hybrid ed reed/troy polumolu type safety.

1) dez
2) benn
3) gresham
4) robinson
5) cox
6) haden
7) thomas
8) lafell

i wouldnt be too upset with any of these 8 guys in the first.

Cicero
10-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Hey, doing a forum mock draft and looking for some input. I got Bryant in round 1, so do you guys feel that CB is the biggest need after that?

SeanTaylorRIP
10-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Yeah CB is definitely #2. #3 would probably be TE. Following that would be C or G, and then maybe a MLB or 34 DE to replace Pryce.

Cicero
10-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Alright cool thanks. There are still plenty of good corners left. We're through round 1 and Haden has been the only CB selected so I should be able to get a good one.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I hate to rain slash take a turd on everybody's party, but I wouldn't just assume we're picking in the 25-32 range just yet. We're 3-1 and the next 2 games are very loseable and we still have to play the Colts once and Steelers twice, Bengals again after Sunday, and Denver who is 4-0 right now. If you look at our schedule we could just as easily be 7-9 as we could be 10-6 or higher. So after the half way point we cant start talking about draft range and all that, but for now I would just assume everyone is gonna be there when we draft.

Cicero
10-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Alright I just made my last pick. I didn't get all of the needs filled because the values were too good in round 3 and 4 to pass on so I think you guys will still like who I got.

28. Dez Bryant, WR, OK State
60. Ras-I Dowling, CB, UVA
92. Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson
124. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Alright I just made my last pick. I didn't get all of the needs filled because the values were too good in round 3 and 4 to pass on so I think you guys will still like who I got.

28. Dez Bryant, WR, OK State
60. Ras-I Dowling, CB, UVA
92. Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson
124. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

Lol what a dream draft that would be. Demaryius in the fourth, I like him better than Dez, lol. Oh and Dowling is the perfect CB for the Ravens. Big, physical, but holds his own in coverage. Oh and Ricky Sapp is working his way into the late first-mid 2nd range. Love the ACC flavor although this draft would never happen as 3 of them are first round picks, and IMO Ras-I would be a first round lock as well if he didn't play on such a piss poor team.

Cicero
10-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Ya I was quite surprised at how awesome my Ravens draft turned out and my first thought was this draft will never happen as well haha.

coordinator0
10-13-2009, 10:00 PM
I would cry if that was our draft. Tears of joy that is. Two deep-threats and one who is a good blocker, along with a big corner and a great value pass-rusher. I'd be happy if we only got one of those guys really.

dcarey20
10-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Guys who I like that I see as realistic options right now (regardless of round):

Brandon Lafell, WR, LSU
Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
Brandon Lang, DE/LB, Troy
Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
Corey Wooton, DE, Northwestern
Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
Myron Lewis, CB, Vanderbilt
Danario Alexander, WR, Missouri

Hound
10-18-2009, 03:16 PM
It is true that this team needs a wide receiver but watching this year, I would say our biggest hole is in the secondary. By far. The only receiver Im interested in out of the first round is Dez Bryant. Outside of Carr (obviously) Dawan Landry has been the weakest player in our secondary. In my opinion, this teams needs go as follow:

Secondary
Pass Rush
Wide Receiver
Rays eventual Replacement

Positions of Strength?

Offensive Line
Quarterback
Running back
DT

Seeing as I dont know how well this team is going to finish with our tough schedule, Im not leaving any prospect out.

1. Eric Berry
2. Dez Bryant
3. Taylor Mays
4. Carlos Dunlap
5. Joe Haden

Another top 3 round pick should be used on a corner. They need to replace Walker, Carr and Landry in the secondary. Both preferrably for physical corners to make up for Foxworth and Washington (I would be suprised if either gets moved off the team). I would hope they draft one and find another through free agency. Im hoping that second pick (along with another pick) can be used to make a trade for a good proven WR.

Hound
10-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Add Kicker to that needs list. Just watched Haushka blow the vikings game from 45 yards INDOORS.

A Perfect Score
10-18-2009, 03:26 PM
CORNERBACK!

That is all.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Add Kicker to that needs list. Just watched Haushka blow the vikings game from 45 yards INDOORS.

Well kicker isn't usually a drafting need. Stover would have made that sh*t. It might have just cleared by 1 foot but he would have made it. That Purdue kicker though I saw yesterday has a legit NFL leg but I don't know what year he's in.

Hound
10-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Fair enough, that post was just my disgusted reaction to what I just witnessed in the game.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-18-2009, 04:31 PM
yeah, cornerback is a definite weak spot, its sucks that this years draft is pretty weak in the defensive backfield.

Hound
10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
The way were playing, Taylor Mays isnt that unrealistic.

Has Carlos Rogers extended with the Redskins yet?

He took a shot at Dan Snyder this week for being a bad owner. Could be a good potential free agent signing.

coordinator0
10-18-2009, 05:15 PM
The way were playing, Taylor Mays isnt that unrealistic.

Has Carlos Rogers extended with the Redskins yet?

He took a shot at Dan Snyder this week for being a bad owner. Could be a good potential free agent signing.

We're not getting a top 10 pick, no way. Top 20 maybe, but not that high. There's too many horrible teams. It's not like we're getting blown out by our opponents either, and one play in any of our losses could have us at higher than .500.

Hound
10-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Im not saying we are guaranteed a high pick, I still think we are going to make the playoffs. This bye week, Im hoping the team works out there problems and goes on a great run in the second half.

All I am saying is that its not guaranteed that we don't pick in the top 15 (where Mays is at in many experts opinions, although I think he will go higher.)

Ravens1991
10-19-2009, 12:04 PM
I say 7 picks on defensive this year IDC all 7.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-19-2009, 12:35 PM
I am pretty sure we were 3-3 last year as well and we went 11-5....Just saying that we need to chill out. The panic button should not be hit yet. Yes we have a lot we need to work on this bye week and hopefully we can get some kind of trade in before the deadline(I doubt it). We can get it done on offense. I mean Flacco/Rice/Mason all showed that. I would love to make a deal for a physical CB or maybe we can say we are sorry a million times to C-mac and talk him into coming back.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-19-2009, 01:54 PM
The Titans are 0-6, maybe there shopping Cortland Finnegan, he'd be an awesome pickup, but I doubt they're gonna trade there best corner.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I think no matter what WR has to be our #1 need.

Mason, Clayton, Williams, Washington, Tyree are all URFA's after this season. And personally I would give Washington a new one year deal. Of course you know I would give D Will a new deal but since Cam and Harbaugh apparently hate him he's gone. Mason will probably retire, and I wouln't give Clayton a deal unless he is willing to take #3 WR money. And Tyree wont be back, so basically if you dont re-sign the guys who dont retire you go into next year with Justin Harper and Eron Riley as your top 2 WRs. And even if you bring back Washington thats still an ugly looking group of WRs.

A Perfect Score
10-19-2009, 06:30 PM
I think no matter what WR has to be our #1 need.

Mason, Clayton, Williams, Washington, Tyree are all URFA's after this season. And personally I would give Washington a new one year deal. Of course you know I would give D Will a new deal but since Cam and Harbaugh apparently hate him he's gone. Mason will probably retire, and I wouln't give Clayton a deal unless he is willing to take #3 WR money. And Tyree wont be back, so basically if you dont re-sign the guys who dont retire you go into next year with Justin Harper and Eron Riley as your top 2 WRs. And even if you bring back Washington thats still an ugly looking group of WRs.

I think even if we resign 2 of those, and one of the jucier FA's from opposing teams, Flacco has shown enough this season to illustrate he doesnt need a top flight WR to score points. What we do need is a ******* secondary which can cover someone. The pass D has been atrocious, and I still think CB should be our top priority.

America
10-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I think even if we resign 2 of those, and one of the jucier FA's from opposing teams, Flacco has shown enough this season to illustrate he doesnt need a top flight WR to score points. What we do need is a ******* secondary which can cover someone. The pass D has been atrocious, and I still think CB should be our top priority.

Flacco has done really well with this extremely average core of receivers. Kelly Washington should be back. And hopefully they can convince Dmase to stay one more year. But if not, I still think the defense needs some attention. I'm a big Perrish Cox fan, and I think he'd be awesome for us in the middle of the first. And then hopefully Nakamura or Zbikowski can take over for Landry, who apparently can't run anymore.

Ravens1991
10-19-2009, 07:30 PM
yes I would love to give Zbikowski a shot back there, all this play like a Ravens crap about intensity and all jinxed us. Zbikowski is a physical prescence we need back there. Landry was a great in the box physical player but it looks like after that injury he isnt the same, we need Zbikowski to get a shot.

A Perfect Score
10-19-2009, 07:35 PM
yes I would love to give Zbikowski a shot back there, all this play like a Ravens crap about intensity and all jinxed us. Zbikowski is a physical prescence we need back there. Landry was a great in the box physical player but it looks like after that injury he isnt the same, we need Zbikowski to get a shot.

Id actually rather see Nakamura get a starting shot back there next to Reed then Zbikowski. I was a huge Zbi supporter in the draft and was thrilled when we got him, but Nakamura has shown some nice coverage ability and right now, tahts what we need more then anything.

coordinator0
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Id actually rather see Nakamura get a starting shot back there next to Reed then Zbikowski. I was a huge Zbi supporter in the draft and was thrilled when we got him, but Nakamura has shown some nice coverage ability and right now, tahts what we need more then anything.

He would probably get the first shot at it too. He seems to get more PT on defense right now than Zbikowski.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Flacco has done really well with this extremely average core of receivers. Kelly Washington should be back. And hopefully they can convince Dmase to stay one more year. But if not, I still think the defense needs some attention. I'm a big Perrish Cox fan, and I think he'd be awesome for us in the middle of the first. And then hopefully Nakamura or Zbikowski can take over for Landry, who apparently can't run anymore.

Tom Brady always showed he could play well with **** awful WRs also, but when they got him a true #1 he set records. Regardless of Joe's performance with his crop of WRs he needs a #1.

A Perfect Score
10-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Tom Brady always showed he could play well with **** awful WRs also, but when they got him a true #1 he set records. Regardless of Joe's performance with his crop of WRs he needs a #1.

Not at the cost of our defense giving up 30 points a game he doesnt. Pick your poison, either we score 30 points a game with mediocre receivers and a strong running game but give up 35 with no pass D, or get some damn pass defense and hope Flacco can make those bad receivers better.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Not at the cost of our defense giving up 30 points a game he doesnt. Pick your poison, either we score 30 points a game with mediocre receivers and a strong running game but give up 35 with no pass D, or get some damn pass defense and hope Flacco can make those bad receivers better.

You don't have to pick on or the other, Im not saying what we should do Im saying what our biggest need is and its WR. The secondary would be alright if we didnt give QBs all the time in the world to stand in the pocket. Do we need a bigger CB to match up against the Vincent Jackson's and Brandon Marshall's of the world?....yes, but we need a true #1 target for Flacco more than anything else. And I realize this is a big board thing but Im not saying this has to happen in the draft, in fact Id like all the problems to be fixed by free agency and then draft a BPA like Gresham.

mikedoobie
10-19-2009, 09:59 PM
I would much rather Nakamura in there, he can be something really good imo

But obviously CB and WR are huge needs but when going into the draft WRs recently have been dropping, so thats a plus.

just wanna look at some of the senior prospects
at WR there is:
Brandon Lafell - Great talent would give the size, red zone threat, and toughness we need at WR. IMO slightly overrated at this point and will be a mid 2nd round pick
Mardy Gilyard - I am in love with this kid, he is deadly quick out of his cuts, can jump, has great production and is really underrated. Reminds me alot of Ochocinco. Great mid to late 2nd rounder
Eric Decker - Great Hands, toughness and is the definition of team player. Not much to dislike just not as athletically gifted. Late 2nd

At CB
Perrish Cox - He has size, is physical with recievers, loves to tackle and is an athlete. Will be an amazing NFL corner and imo the best senior. Come draft time late 1st early 2nd.
Patrick Robinson - Great ball skills and is a playmaker, aggressive and lays the lumber. Has a great program pedigree. late 1st early 2nd.

depending on where we draft we can get a wide variety. My dream is we get into playoffs win SB have 32nd pick get perrish cox and get Gilyard in 2nd, however slim chances.

but who are the top juniors?? or possible players who may declare
Patrick Robinson -

America
10-19-2009, 10:37 PM

I never thought Brady was that great of a quarterback in those times. He had a comparable core and didn't put up huge numbers and threw a lot of picks. I think Flacco is doing better than Brady did at this point in his career. I guess that's not relevant, but I don't know if we can get a Randy Moss and a Wes Welker in the same offseason.

America
10-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I would much rather Nakamura in there, he can be something really good imo

But obviously CB and WR are huge needs but when going into the draft WRs recently have been dropping, so thats a plus.

just wanna look at some of the senior prospects
at WR there is:
Brandon Lafell - Great talent would give the size, red zone threat, and toughness we need at WR. IMO slightly overrated at this point and will be a mid 2nd round pick
Mardy Gilyard - I am in love with this kid, he is deadly quick out of his cuts, can jump, has great production and is really underrated. Reminds me alot of Ochocinco. Great mid to late 2nd rounder
Eric Decker - Great Hands, toughness and is the definition of team player. Not much to dislike just not as athletically gifted. Late 2nd

At CB
Perrish Cox - He has size, is physical with recievers, loves to tackle and is an athlete. Will be an amazing NFL corner and imo the best senior. Come draft time late 1st early 2nd.
Patrick Robinson - Great ball skills and is a playmaker, aggressive and lays the lumber. Has a great program pedigree. late 1st early 2nd.

depending on where we draft we can get a wide variety. My dream is we get into playoffs win SB have 32nd pick get perrish cox and get Gilyard in 2nd, however slim chances.

but who are the top juniors?? or possible players who may declare
Patrick Robinson -

Donovan Warren?

EdReedUnstoppable
10-19-2009, 10:47 PM
I never thought Brady was that great of a quarterback in those times. He had a comparable core and didn't put up huge numbers and threw a lot of picks. I think Flacco is doing better than Brady did at this point in his career. I guess that's not relevant, but I don't know if we can get a Randy Moss and a Wes Welker in the same offseason.

We just need the Randy Moss!

America
10-19-2009, 11:24 PM
We just need the Randy Moss!

Good idea. Let's just trade a 4th for him like the Patriots did. I wish we had been that lucky.

America
10-19-2009, 11:25 PM
And good news...Edward Lee, of The Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens CB Lardarius Webb might see more defensive snaps. Head coach John Harbaugh said, "I think Lardarius Webb continues to earn more playing time based on the way he's playing. We gave him more defensive snaps, and he played well on those snaps. When you play well -- no matter who you are -- your role expands."

Ravens1991
10-19-2009, 11:35 PM
thank god I have been a fan of him, I am glad Ellerbe and Webb are showing promise, making me look smart I told all my Ravens fans friends to watch out for these 2 now I am looking smarter. I need Eron RIley to do work and my friends will think I am a genius

EdReedUnstoppable
10-20-2009, 06:08 AM
Good idea. Let's just trade a 4th for him like the Patriots did. I wish we had been that lucky.

It could have been us.

roscoesdad27
10-20-2009, 06:30 AM
r.i. dowling is too slow for our defense...he's a cover 2 corner only

updated draft board...berry and mays will be long gone.

1) d. bryant
2) a. benn
3) j. gresham
4) j. haden
5) p. cox
6) d. thomas
7) d. williams
8) p. robinson
9) b. ghee...c.b. wake forest
10) b. lafell

i think we should target ghee in the second round unless we go corner in the first then i think we target d. thomas, d. williams, b. lafell or d. briscoe in the second...in my new mock i have us picking 16th...we get dez round 1, p. cox round 2 and o.g. sergio render round 3...i think the return of gaither and another grinder at o.g. next to oher would solidify our line as the best in football.

Ravens1991
10-20-2009, 07:08 PM
If Mattison is the DC I could see him push for either of the FL CBs or Spikes, he did recruit them. I see us either going TE or BPA on D.

coordinator0
10-20-2009, 07:23 PM
I don't know, this could very well be the year we actually go WR in round one. All five of the receivers on the active roster are on 1 year deals/in the last year of their deal. BPA is always the way to go, but when you literally have no wide-outs I don't think you can ignore it. I expect at least Washington to be back, but IDK about the others.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-20-2009, 07:28 PM
You never know. There will be free agents and we will probably go 2nd or 3rd round WR

SeanTaylorRIP
10-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Still for Flacco's development if Mason retires at least 2 or 3 real veteran receivers must be brought in. You can't rely on even a first round rookie WR to start or even necessarily produce consistently in his first year. The Ravens need to grab someone like Antonio Bryant or Kevin Walter.

coordinator0
10-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Still for Flacco's development if Mason retires at least 2 or 3 real veteran receivers must be brought in. You can't rely on even a first round rookie WR to start or even necessarily produce consistently in his first year. The Ravens need to grab someone like Antonio Bryant or Kevin Walter.

I realize that, I'm just saying it's looking like WR will be our thinnest spot going into the offseason. If we were to rely on mostly rookie receivers our passing game would be terrible. Personally I would prefer a guy like Perrish Cox in the first, maybe a TE depending on who's there/where we pick. I don't see us going OLB/DE too early this year, but it's really early.

roscoesdad27
10-21-2009, 06:16 AM
I don't know, this could very well be the year we actually go WR in round one. All five of the receivers on the active roster are on 1 year deals/in the last year of their deal. BPA is always the way to go, but when you literally have no wide-outs I don't think you can ignore it. I expect at least Washington to be back, but IDK about the others.

i think w.r. and c.b. are dead even as far as needs go...if bryant or benn are available then yea w.r. should be a first round pick but if they're not then i would take haden or cox before reaching on a w.r. that could very well be there round 2 in this ultra deep (at all positions) draft.

lordquas
10-24-2009, 01:39 PM
The real Ravens big board at the moment would go as followed.

Need #1: Cornerback:
Webb should be a starter next year because Carr, Foxworth, and Washington haven't been solid this season. They're inconsistent and get burned quite often. The most impressive cornerback prospects this far go as followed.
- Robert Johnson, 6'2 200, Utah
- Myron Lewis, 6'2 205, Vanderbilt
- Brian Jackson, 6'1 200, Oklahoma
- Jerome Murphy, 6'1 185, USF
We need a big solid corner who won't get pussies around by bigger receivers. This should be our #1 draft need if we don't target a corner in the off season. There's some big name free agents out there.
- Corey Webster, Giants.
- Cedric Griffin, Vikings.
- Terrence Newman, Cowboys

Need #2: Wide Receiver:
Yeah, Clayton's playing well. He did drop that pass though. Mason is still the best wide out on our team, but he's getting ready to retire. Kelly Washington is playing really well, but Demetrius just can't seem to get it together. We need a sure handed, route running, wide out, that can help our short game.
-Eric Decker, Minnesota
- Jordan Shipley, Texas

the only free agents that come to mind are.
- Vincent Jackson, Chargers.
- Antonio Bryant, Bucs.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-25-2009, 05:52 PM
The real Ravens big board at the moment would go as followed.

Need #1: Cornerback:
Webb should be a starter next year because Carr, Foxworth, and Washington haven't been solid this season. They're inconsistent and get burned quite often. The most impressive cornerback prospects this far go as followed.
- Robert Johnson, 6'2 200, Utah
- Myron Lewis, 6'2 205, Vanderbilt
- Brian Jackson, 6'1 200, Oklahoma
- Jerome Murphy, 6'1 185, USF
We need a big solid corner who won't get pussies around by bigger receivers. This should be our #1 draft need if we don't target a corner in the off season. There's some big name free agents out there.
- Corey Webster, Giants.
- Cedric Griffin, Vikings.
- Terrence Newman, Cowboys

Need #2: Wide Receiver:
Yeah, Clayton's playing well. He did drop that pass though. Mason is still the best wide out on our team, but he's getting ready to retire. Kelly Washington is playing really well, but Demetrius just can't seem to get it together. We need a sure handed, route running, wide out, that can help our short game.
-Eric Decker, Minnesota
- Jordan Shipley, Texas

the only free agents that come to mind are.
- Vincent Jackson, Chargers.
- Antonio Bryant, Bucs.

If they don't re-sign him, then the discussion begins and ends with him! We throw whatever we have to throw at him to get him here!

coordinator0
10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
If they don't re-sign him, then the discussion begins and ends with him! We throw whatever we have to throw at him to get him here!

Yes, yes indeed. I really don't think they will let him go, but Jackson would be the perfect fit at WR for what we need. Perfect. I'd imagine the Ravens would be an attractive option for a FA WR too.

A Perfect Score
10-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Id kill to have Corey Webster on the Ravens. He is a top 5 CB in the NFL IMO.

Ravens1991
10-26-2009, 10:01 AM
well it also depends on if we get a CBA, the rule is if you are in the NFL for less then 6 years you are a RFA. But if VIncent Jackson does hit the FA market if we dont give him a blank check I may very well be on the hate ozzie bandwagon.

coordinator0
10-26-2009, 11:37 AM
well it also depends on if we get a CBA, the rule is if you are in the NFL for less then 6 years you are a RFA. But if VIncent Jackson does hit the FA market if we dont give him a blank check I may very well be on the hate ozzie bandwagon.

If he does hit the FA market, there will most likely be a new CBA and salary cap so we might not have enough $$$ to give him a blank check. If McGahee is cut we might be able to find enough room, but I don't know. He would probably get something like what Roddy White got this offseason/early preseason.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-26-2009, 12:22 PM
If we cut Wilis don't we still have to pay him? If so we should try to trade him. I don't care for what either.

Ravens1991
10-26-2009, 02:14 PM
i think there is a clause in his contract where we can let him loose w/o paying a ton of $. I am not 100% sure.

coordinator0
10-26-2009, 02:41 PM
If we cut Wilis don't we still have to pay him? If so we should try to trade him. I don't care for what either.

Not his full contract. If we cut him after this season and there is still a salary cap, it would be a pretty small amount. I think it would only count about $1 million for next, but I'm not positive.

roscoesdad27
10-28-2009, 04:30 AM

he would be a great pick up but i wouldnt throw him a blank check....honestly id rather have dez or benn.

lordquas
10-28-2009, 06:55 AM
its always tough with rookie receivers. A lot of time, the talented players aren't polished enough to contribute right away.
Bryant and Benn are both great talent, but I think we need a guy who has proven himself in the NFL already.
Vincent Jackson would be amazing.
Corey Webster would also be amazing for our secondary.
We need a young, explosive, route-running, powerful receiver.
Vincent Jackson, or Brandon Marshall would be ridiculous.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-28-2009, 07:34 AM
he would be a great pick up but i wouldnt throw him a blank check....honestly id rather have dez or benn.

I'd rather have a proven NFL WR then take a chance on a rookie WR, especially with Ozzie drafting for us. His WR picks haven't worked out at all for the Ravens. That said since there is no way the Chargers let Jackson go, Ill take Dez Bryant or Eric Decker!!!

dcarey20
10-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Eric Decker's out for the year now so we'll have to wait and see what kind of shape he's in for the draft.

trkaline
10-28-2009, 08:28 AM
We need to draft a defensive coordinator....

SeanTaylorRIP
10-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Eric Decker's out for the year now so we'll have to wait and see what kind of shape he's in for the draft.

I like Decker but I don't think he's right for this team at least not in the first round. He projects as a #2, a Mushin Muhammad type possession receiver. What Joe Flacco needs though is an explosive play maker and vertical threat, that is Dez Bryant. Matt Ryan wouldn't be anything like he is now if he didn't have that deep threat in Roddy White. Now if the Ravens could get Dez in the first and Decker in the 2nd than lol the Ravens would be set for the next 10 years.

Ravens1991
10-28-2009, 02:05 PM
great point, Ryan is so lucky to have a elite vertical threat, imagine when Flacco gets one of those players. If Dez isnt at our pick I could see us going TE like that guy from OK. Or D we could use some youth there.

A Perfect Score
10-28-2009, 02:10 PM
I like Decker but I don't think he's right for this team at least not in the first round. He projects as a #2, a Mushin Muhammad type possession receiver. What Joe Flacco needs though is an explosive play maker and vertical threat, that is Dez Bryant. Matt Ryan wouldn't be anything like he is now if he didn't have that deep threat in Roddy White. Now if the Ravens could get Dez in the first and Decker in the 2nd than lol the Ravens would be set for the next 10 years.

I agree to an extent, but I really think it depends on where we end up picking. If we are mid 20's, a la 25 or 26, I think Decker would be a great pick, as Im a huge fan of his and I think he can be an extremely solid WR in the NFL, maybe even a #1. That said, Id much prefer one of the bigger more explosive receivers, but I feel as if we pick late they will be all gone. I wouldnt be opposed to going CB in round 1 if we pick late and grabbing someone like Decker in round 2, as odds are he will fall especially with this injury.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-28-2009, 02:48 PM

Just want to clarify Im not saying we should take Decker in the first I think we could get Decker in the 3rd personally.

Ravens1991
10-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Assuming we are going to keep mattison and transition to a 43 I could see us taking Brandon Spikes. He can be the leader of the D and play MLB very well. Our LB corp of the future could be WLB-Gooden(he would be amazing there) MLB-Spikes(Ray Lewis like) and then SLB-Ellerbe(he has experience here, is a good thumper and would hav been a 2nd round pick if he didnt get hurt or have that run in w/ the law)

coordinator0
10-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Assuming we are going to keep mattison and transition to a 43 I could see us taking Brandon Spikes. He can be the leader of the D and play MLB very well. Our LB corp of the future could be WLB-Gooden(he would be amazing there) MLB-Spikes(Ray Lewis like) and then SLB-Ellerbe(he has experience here, is a good thumper and would hav been a 2nd round pick if he didnt get hurt or have that run in w/ the law)

Has Ellerbe played SLB? If so switching to a 4-3 for most of the time in the future seems a lot more likely IMO. IDK about drafting Spikes though, we have far more important needs and we will have Phillips coming back next season. I think we should try to get younger at positions that don't have bright spots for the future, not ones that we already have young talent at.

Ravens1991
10-28-2009, 05:30 PM
IDK if Philllips would have the ability to play 43 MLB, I think he is suited as a pure thumper in a 34. But I remember in Scotts scouting report of ellerbe he said he can play all 3 LB spots.

A Perfect Score
10-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Taking Brandon Spikes in Round 1 would be a huge mistake. Not only cause I think hes a fringe first rounder, but because I think Ray has 3-4 good years left in him, and we have much bigger needs.

Ravens1991
10-28-2009, 05:35 PM
yea that depends on what the coaches feel about Ray but i wouldnt be shocked. Mattison recruited him I belive I could see Mattison begging for him or that CB from FL

coordinator0
10-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Eh, I think too much stock is put into Mattison and Florida players. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out, but I doubt it makes a big difference in who we go after in the draft.

coordinator0
10-28-2009, 05:51 PM
IDK if Philllips would have the ability to play 43 MLB, I think he is suited as a pure thumper in a 34. But I remember in Scotts scouting report of ellerbe he said he can play all 3 LB spots.

I also remember from Scott's scouting report that Phillips would be able to play either 3-4 or 4-3 ILB/MLB. Wish we could still pull them up :(.

Ravens1991
10-28-2009, 05:57 PM
yea I forgot about reading that in Phillips report. If he can then that would b good so we can adress the Dline,secondary or WR

mikedoobie
10-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Just a thought with Ginn rumoured to be out of Miami after this season I could see him being a viable option for us to help our need at WR. Cam Cameron clearly liked him enough to take him with the no.9 overall pick. Honestly we could get him cheap he has the speed we need and i dont think he is being utilized correcty in Miami right now. Thoughts on Ginn and getting him?

America
10-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Ginn could be good but he's not the #1 we need. I wouldn't mind switching him out for Clayton though, cause I don't think Clayton will be coming back and obviously Ginn's got that Cam Cameron connection.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-31-2009, 04:42 PM
If we could get Ginn cheap, I'd bring him in and let him be our return man/#3 or 4 WR.

Ravens1991
11-11-2009, 09:07 AM
we still desperately need a pass rush, I would like for us to take a pass rusher this draft, but the problem is we spent a 2nd round pick on Krueger and he isnt dressing so I guess they feel we are fine at pass rush. I wonder if we would consider getting a UT in the mold of Glenn Doresy or someone to play opposite of Ngata in a 43.

coordinator0
11-11-2009, 09:33 AM
we still desperately need a pass rush, I would like for us to take a pass rusher this draft, but the problem is we spent a 2nd round pick on Krueger and he isnt dressing so I guess they feel we are fine at pass rush. I wonder if we would consider getting a UT in the mold of Glenn Doresy or someone to play opposite of Ngata in a 43.

I wonder if they feel that Kruger's best position would be on the line and they're not playing him because he's not big enough yet, IDK. As for an UT in the mold of Dorsey, we won't be picking that high. UT is a need if we go full-time 4-3 though..

Ravens1991
11-12-2009, 12:31 PM
yea I agree we wont get a Doresy talent, but a player w/ the style of Doresy.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-12-2009, 01:58 PM
If we could get Ginn cheap, I'd bring him in and let him be our return man/#3 or 4 WR.

Oh man, I'd be all for it, anyone but Carr back to return punts would be a nice change. I think he'd be a great addition. Harbaugh loves good special teamers and Cameron was the guy who drafted him in Miami. It would make sense, but if we get him, then Clayton is definitely gone, which I wouldn't mind.