PDA

View Full Version : June

SimonRath
03-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Why has no one signed Cato June.. he's a ver good LB.

remix 6
03-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Why has no one signed Cato June.. he's a ver good LB.

overrated. hes good in coverage but he was part of the reason why they couldnst stop run during regular season

-hes 225 pounds
-he misses way too many tackles

to go along with that hes probably asking for a lot

SchizophrenicBatman
03-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Maybe someone would sign him if he learned how to tackle

Number 10
03-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Giants are having him in for a visit next week.

TNewFan41
03-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Good, that is about 20 more broken tackles for marion barber.

The Unseen
03-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Reminds me of a good one from Football Outsiders:

"The June kids always know what they're getting for Christmas, because daddy can't wrap anything up."

Maddenhero
03-10-2007, 11:42 AM
He's meeting up with the Giants. No one really wants him because he's undersized and only can play one position.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?categoryId=140637

bearsfan_51
03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
He's meeting up with the Giants. No one really wants him because he's undersized and only can play one position.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?categoryId=140637
I'm sure there are plenty of teams that want him, just likely not at the price he's asking for.

He's one of, if not the best, guy still available.

bigbluedefense
03-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm sure there are plenty of teams that want him, just likely not at the price he's asking for.

He's one of, if not the best, guy still available.

I don't want him....you know why.

TNewFan41
03-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Because Marion Barber will eat him? Good reason.

princefielder28
03-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Giants are having him in for a visit next week.

Certainly a good choice by the Giants b/c LB is a glaring weakness in my opinion

bigbluedefense
03-10-2007, 11:55 AM

Lol, he won't even get to Marion Barber because Barber won't get past Strahan.

Or if he wants to run to the left, he could get acquainted with Osi Umenyiora. If he wants to try the middle out, say hello to Antonio Pierce.

But thats besides the point. June is undersized, plays small, and can't wrap up. I rather go after Donnie Edwards, who at least plays bigger than he is and is surefire against the run, and provides just as good coverage.

bigbluedefense
03-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Certainly a good choice by the Giants b/c LB is a glaring weakness in my opinion

I don't think so. Maybe at SAM if Kiwi doesn't develop quick enough. But we have in house talent that can be more than adequate at WILL. In this new scheme, OLBs aren't that important anyway. Ask any eagles fan, theyre primarily blitzers in this scheme. Its more important to have quality safety play with the absolute blitz technique.

hugepunch
03-10-2007, 11:57 AM

yea marion barber is the greatest in the universe....:rolleyes:

1Spalds1
03-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Hes undersized and cant play the run. He can cover good but teams but a higher importance on run stuffers.

bearsfan_51
03-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Cowboys fans are getting really ******* annoying and it's barely even March.

jetsfan3
03-10-2007, 12:29 PM

What you are saying makes little sense because Marion isn't that great and the Giants would only sign Cato June to upgrade there LB position. Thus, signing Cato June would upgrade over the current player they have playing at LB, making it harder for Marion Barber.

a-dub83
03-10-2007, 02:05 PM
The fact that Cato June is 225 is of no consequence. I can name a lot of smallish LB's who can bring the wood, Vilma, Brooks, Ernie Sims. The problem with June is his tackling is very pourous. He tries to tackle the ball carrier high for whatever reason. As everyone knows his biggest strength is his pass coverage. I don't see him commanding deals like Mike Peterson and Marcus Washington did.

BigDawg819
03-10-2007, 02:52 PM
yea marion barber is the greatest in the universe....:rolleyes:

He is, He is!!!!! Wait isn't he still the back-up to Julius Jones?

Philliez01
03-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Cato June is what he is, but I would've thought he would be signed by now; I would assume he is waiting until FA progresses so the market is wiped out of all LB talent and he can cash in.

Cato June is a funny guy, if you seen his interviews and is a great guy to have on a team. It pains me to say that he just did not have a good season. He does tackle to high and if you saw the Jackonsville game you would've seen Maurice Jones-Drew just shake him off, though that obviously isn't a rarity with MJD. June's coverage actually slipped a little bit this year and his only real standout game was against New England in Week 9 I believe? He's quick and isn't the worst LB on the Colts, that honor goes to Gilbert Gardner. I think he can be a solid LB if he works on his technique.

Man_Of_Steel
03-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Cato June is what he is, but I would've thought he would be signed by now; I would assume he is waiting until FA progresses so the market is wiped out of all LB talent and he can cash in.

Cato June is a funny guy, if you seen his interviews and is a great guy to have on a team. It pains me to say that he just did not have a good season. He does tackle to high and if you saw the Jackonsville game you would've seen Maurice Jones-Drew just shake him off, though that obviously isn't a rarity with MJD. June's coverage actually slipped a little bit this year and his only real standout game was against New England in Week 9 I believe? He's quick and isn't the worst LB on the Colts, that honor goes to Gilbert Gardner. I think he can be a solid LB if he works on his technique.

pretty much right on.

Man_Of_Steel
03-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Teams want a guy that can play the run first and play the pass second.

toonsterwu
03-10-2007, 03:15 PM
June may have to end up doing what Ian Gold did, which is take a 1 year deal and hope for a better situation the next year. He's a decent backer, but he is somewhat limited relative to role and fits that he could go in to.

Btw, for some reason, I thought this was going to be a thread on potential June cap cuts.

MaxV
03-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Look, it's obvious that he has flaws in his game, but how many LBs out there that are flawless???

Cato June is a GOOD LB. He's among the best LBs in coverage. Obviously, he's not as good against the run but he's capable of being ok there as well, if his DLs keep blockers off him.

Dam8610
03-10-2007, 03:19 PM
He's quick and isn't the worst LB on the Colts, that honor goes to Gilbert Gardner.

Rocky Boiman and Keith O'Neil have something to say about that.

toonsterwu
03-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Sort of a side comment that I could've edited, but decided not to -

If June can show some versatility, that would help him. Relating back to his Michigan buddy Ian Gold, Gold went to Tampa Bay and played out of position at the strongside. That helped him out somewhat, and he found his way back to Denver the next year. I think, if utilized correctly (thus, within the cover 2), June could perhaps play the strongside decently. Personally, I really think he should call Tampa up and see if a one year deal can be worked out, as I think he would upgrade, um, I'm guessing Nece?, out there. Personally, I also think he could be passable at middle linebacker in the cover 2, if the protection is fine up front. He's about the same size as Quarles (although Quarles plays much bigger than his size). There are options, but June has to be open to them, as I find it unlikely that, at this stage, that June will get a real big money deal, and may have to settle for something to get another shot. But who knows, a lot of money flowing around, so something surprising may happen, but I tend to think his best recourse is going with a one year deal and then trying again next year. Albeit, he is 28, so it's a bit riskier.

Philliez01
03-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Rocky Boiman and Keith O'Neil have something to say about that.

O'Neil is just a ST, so he can get a pass on that. He never started or anything, Boiman can contend.