PDA

View Full Version : Don't think it will happen but..

ChefMike
10-03-2009, 08:55 AM
So I watch the Michael Crabtree rumors mill each day and the drama that is filled along with it... but at this point we know how this is going to turn out. He is going to wait until next year and he is going to run his 40 and have been working out all year and he will drop into the late 1st early second round maybe.

What if we traded out 1st next year (we know its going to be a late 1st round pick) to SF for Crabtree straight up.. sign him and give him 4-5 weeks to get in game shape and learn the system well enough to be fresh and ready for the playoffs? A young surehanded freshlegged WR in the playoffs against DB's that have been working hard all season will be an advantage of great significance!!!!!

THoughts???

coordinator0
10-03-2009, 08:58 AM
He won't be worth a first in next years draft, not after sitting out a year. I think we could probably get him next draft if the Ravens really want him, but I doubt they do. All of his actions thus far don't seem to be very Raven-like. Your second oint makes a lot of sense though, but it's just hard for me to see it happen. If he didn't get any playing time in the regular season, I highly doubt that we would throw him out there in the playoffs. Maybe that's what we're saving Demetrius for...

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Can you even trade a unsigned rookie??

ChefMike
10-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Can you even trade a unsigned rookie??

Yes your trading his draft rights.

Well its only week 4 if he were to sit out a month he would have all of november and december to get him seriously ready for the playoffs. The other thing is do you really think its all him and not mostly his agent that has put this in his head??

Ravens1991
10-03-2009, 11:29 AM
I hope we dont get crabtree I hate his attitude, it would be a stupid drama he will still demand top money I dont want to be involved with this clown at all

Borat
10-03-2009, 12:53 PM
FYI - league rules don't allow SF to trade him or his rights until the next league season begins which is in early March. The deadline to trade rookies (signed or unsigned rookies) was in early August.

coordinator0
10-03-2009, 01:40 PM
FYI - league rules don't allow SF to trade him or his rights until the next league season begins which is in early March. The deadline to trade rookies (signed or unsigned rookies) was in early August.

That's what I thought, I've seen that somewhere a lot recently... maybe it was from Schefter's tweets. Good thing too, I don't want the Ravens to be tempted by him.