PDA

View Full Version : help!

hobbes2053
10-03-2009, 03:32 PM
I have a small dilemma on my hands. My friend who lives in Indianapolis somehow managed to get me a ticket to this year's Georgia-Florida game in Jacksonville. There are two major problems with this scenario. 1. The game is on Halloween and there's going to be tons of awesome **** going on that weekend (i.e., football game, parties, excessive drinking, etc.). Not to mention that the OSU BBQ Halloween Tailgate is that Friday night. 2. How would we get down there? I go to Ohio State and my pal goes to the University of Indianapolis. I would estimate that the drive to Jacksonville would be closing in on 13 - 14 hours, which is quite long for just a weekend. Plus, there's the whole issue of money and gas and whatnot.

What do I do? Obviously, if it was any other weekend, there would be no question. But it's Halloween and I want to get drunk in a costume. Help.

Wootylicous
10-03-2009, 03:33 PM
I would not sleep. Go to the game and drives off back to OSU and then party what about that ?

MetSox17
10-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Georgia is prolly gonna get smoked, so just save yourself the trouble and the money and party at home.

Brent
10-03-2009, 03:35 PM
why would you go to that game?

hobbes2053
10-03-2009, 03:36 PM

I'm also a Georgia fan and I hate Florida (for obvious reasons). I like seeing them fail.

Job
10-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Buy a plane.

JFLO
10-03-2009, 03:55 PM
All I know is, is that I'm going to the BBQ and getting annihilated that night. I would suggest you do the same.

Tell your friend to sell the tickets and have him come down to get plastered with you.

Problem=Solved.

awfullyquiet
10-03-2009, 03:55 PM

agreed. why?

Shane P. Hallam
10-03-2009, 03:58 PM
All I know is, is that I'm going to the BBQ and getting annihilated that night. I would suggest you do the same.

Tell your friend to sell the tickets and have him come down to get plastered with you.

Problem=Solved.

As an alum, do neither. Go down to OU if you want to see the sickest Halloween weekend ever.

JFLO
10-03-2009, 04:00 PM
As an alum, do neither. Go down to OU if you want to see the sickest Halloween weekend ever.

I went to OU for Halloween my senior year of high school and I have to agree with you, they are very worthy.

RoyHall#1
10-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Yay I go to OU!

jayceheathman
10-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I have a small dilemma on my hands. My friend who lives in Indianapolis somehow managed to get me a ticket to this year's Georgia-Florida game in Jacksonville. There are two major problems with this scenario. 1. The game is on Halloween and there's going to be tons of awesome **** going on that weekend (i.e., football game, parties, excessive drinking, etc.). Not to mention that the OSU BBQ Halloween Tailgate is that Friday night. 2. How would we get down there? I go to Ohio State and my pal goes to the University of Indianapolis. I would estimate that the drive to Jacksonville would be closing in on 13 - 14 hours, which is quite long for just a weekend. Plus, there's the whole issue of money and gas and whatnot.

What do I do? Obviously, if it was any other weekend, there would be no question. But it's Halloween and I want to get drunk in a costume. Help.

Wait just one second. You mean you are skipping the Ohio State vs New Mexico State game? It's going to be the game of the year since the Buckeyes are going down!

Paranoidmoonduck
10-03-2009, 04:43 PM
The way I see it, you're looking at making a truly massive driving trip to go see a game in which your favorite team will probably lose and in doing so you're giving up Halloween weekend? Stay home and party.

Hawk
10-03-2009, 04:56 PM
you come to thje univ of tn and u parties with me and my firends.

DoughBoy
10-03-2009, 07:11 PM
I can parties with your friends also maybe?

hobbes2053
10-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Let's do it, Doughboy. We can parties.

Shane P. Hallam
10-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I went to OU for Halloween my senior year of high school and I have to agree with you, they are very worthy.

I went down two of my four years. It was pretty darn crazy. Though Halloween at tOSU is no slouch either.

senormysterioso
10-03-2009, 09:19 PM

In Madison there is an annual riot on State Street every halloween...nothing compares.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/77/Halloween_on_State_Street.JPG/800px-Halloween_on_State_Street.JPG

Shane P. Hallam
10-03-2009, 09:20 PM
In Madison there is an annual riot on State Street every halloween...nothing compares.

Yeah, riots aren't fun, just scary.

Job
10-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Wasn't "scary" the whole purpose of Halloween?

awfullyquiet
10-04-2009, 10:44 AM

Correct.

Yeah, riots aren't fun, just scary.

Correct.

Wasn't "scary" the whole purpose of Halloween?

Correct.

DoughBoy
10-04-2009, 10:58 AM
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/662/waldoy.jpg

I found Waldo.

drowe
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
go to the game. really, halloween at college is severely overrated. ya buy stuff for a costume that you think is clever, but in the end doesn't look as good as ya thought. then, ya have that fun moment where ya see your friends all dressed up...then, the novelty wears off and you're just getting hammered in an uncomfortable costume all night. unless you're at UW-madison. as a survivor of 2002 and 2003 state street fun, i can tell you, anything and everything you've heard about Madison halloween is completely true.

nrk
10-05-2009, 11:43 AM
The way I see it, you're looking at making a truly massive driving trip to go see a game in which your favorite team will probably lose and in doing so you're giving up Halloween weekend? Stay home and party.

Don't listen to these guys and be a real fan.

If Georgia upsets Florida, you'll be kicking yourself.

tjsunstein
10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Georgia won't upset Florida, though. Get hammered on Halloween at your college.

nrk
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Georgia won't upset Florida, though. Get hammered on Halloween at your college.

I'll take a road trip to a big college game over partying on Halloween any day of the week.