PDA

View Full Version : Week 4: Cowboys @ Broncos

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Game just started, Flozell just let Romo get hit. ****.

edit- Eh, messed up on the thread title, should be week 4.

Paul
10-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Flozell not doing so hot right now.

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2009, 03:27 PM
It was going to be a challenge. Dumervil is like 5'4. lol. Flo cant reach down that far.

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 03:41 PM
I think he got a good hand on him on his initial rush, but after Romo was flushed out, Flo couldn't hold him off that long. Textbook coverage sack.

Paul
10-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Just out of curiosity was Darren Sharper to expensive for us this past offseason. I don't remember hearing his name at all when we were looking for a safety.

pocketaces
10-04-2009, 04:13 PM
freakin Spencer should have had a pick

herniateddisc
10-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Tony turnover. Again.

Crayton needs to sit. Austin needs to start.

Paul
10-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Coverage isn't Spencer's strong suit is it.

LonghornsLegend
10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Were getting ate alive on these screen plays.

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Sensabaugh is out for one reason or another must be hurt. Lots of Pat Watkins.

As for the fumble. Most Qbs would fumble that, it was a backside blitz and our receivers werent even turned around yet. It was just a good playcall by Denver and an unfortunate result for us.

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah, that fumble isn't on Romo.

I hate that our pass-rush is god awful.

Paul
10-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Come on Spencer. Jesus.

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Geez did Sensabaugh break his freaking hand?

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 04:33 PM
The defense is playing pretty decent, but man, we couldn't get a pass rush on a line full of high schoolers the way these guys look out there.

Paul
10-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Worst 2 minute drill ever.

pocketaces
10-04-2009, 04:42 PM
They started at the 5. Not much chance of scoring anyway. Run out the clock so Denver doesnt get it back with good field position.

Paul
10-04-2009, 04:45 PM
They started at the 5. Not much chance of scoring anyway. Run out the clock so Denver doesnt get it back with good field position.

2 minutes to go with 2 timeouts. You get get a first down but takes 20 seconds to get everyone up, and Austin makes a nice 9 yard grab but decides to stay in bounds. We had our chances, but didn't execute.

Paul
10-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Wooo, Ware.

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2009, 04:58 PM
2 more drops for Roy today. :/

Paul
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Bailey has some kind of hands. wow.

LonghornsLegend
10-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Another screen pass that killed us, Carpenter is such a freakin *****.

herniateddisc
10-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Carpenter? You guys are obsessed.

Crayton is garbage. Really. Austin is a bigger threat and run more than little zone sit downs.

Cam Garrett run a play that is not a screen or a side line route?

Paul
10-04-2009, 05:21 PM
This isn't USF Jenkins.

Paul
10-04-2009, 05:26 PM
very nice play by Spears.

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Followed up by a nice one for Brooking and Jenkins. :)

Our offense blows but, atleast the defense is playing solid. Even without a good pass rush.

Brooking has been everywhere today.

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Bobby fails at life and at tackling.

Paul
10-04-2009, 05:46 PM
First to 20 penalties loses.

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Or first to get their WRs killed by overthrowing them. Romo seems intent on winning that one.

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Roy was getting popped regardless on that one. But Tony made it worse for him.

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Am i the only one that saw that pass to Royal was imcomplete??

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2009, 05:54 PM
I dont know how we can win this game if they score. Our offense has been that bad.

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
and...we're ******.

Paul
10-04-2009, 06:06 PM
we need a turnover or something right now.

Paul
10-04-2009, 06:10 PM
D took some great angles on that play......

pocketaces
10-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Sam Hurd vs. Champ Bailey. What a great mismatch!

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2009, 06:23 PM
We need to change things up. Hurd or Austin should probably start next week. It wont happen but, this offense needs a change. Romo has shown to always be on the same page with Hurd, I say you start him. Because, this **** isnt working. Our pass offense is pretty freaking pathetic.

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Man this hurts bad. The defense plays awesome all game, then one **** up and the offense can't come through for them. Embarrassing.

herniateddisc
10-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Nice loss.

TT cost us the game again with his play again.

D comes up small in the final two minutes again.

Hurd? Shows you how pathologically messed up TT is going twice at Bailey with our 4th WR. Hurd is not an option there sadly. Witten is or MB or QB legs,

herniateddisc
10-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Man this hurts bad. The defense plays awesome all game, then one **** up and the offense can't come through for them. Embarrassing.

Made no big plays.

Spencer misses an INT which could have been a 14 point swing.

Newman misses an easy INT to get the ball back.

This team is a mess and it starts up top.

Can't wait for the apologists to show up ......

Modano
10-04-2009, 06:27 PM
This loss is on Romo. He missed one hundred of throws and allowed Denver to focus on stopping the run. I don't know what it's wrong with him, but he has always been willing to throw down field and now seems scared. He looked like Trent Edwards today...

herniateddisc
10-04-2009, 06:30 PM
This loss is on Romo. He missed one hundred of throws and allowed Denver to focus on stopping the run. I don't know what it's wrong with him, but he has always been willing to throw down field and now seems scared. He looked like Trent Edwards today...

B/c he is a flake. He is shot. He doesn't even step into his throws if a guy is within 3 yards of his front foot.

And btw, his turnovers killed whatever momentum we had ... twice.

He was created by Parcells and sadly has reverted to the loser who was always good but always short. Never good enough to be anything.

UDFA forever.

Locker anyone?

Burns336
10-04-2009, 06:30 PM
No throw to witten on 3rd or 4th? Marty B not even in the game to atleast act as a decoy on the fade?

Romo took way too long to lock in on this game, it's clear that he's an average QB that can make some special plays if he has play makers. No T.O., No Felix Jones, No offense...

Pretty pathetic that the "explosiveness" of our offense is completely dependent upon felix, who has proven to be injury prone so far in his career.

Our defense played perfectly fine this game. You have to expect your offense to give you at least 24 pts. Especially an offense that has soooo much money invested into it.

I love what they did this game. pressure came from random players.

Offense couldn't pick up the slack.

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 06:34 PM
No throw to witten on 3rd or 4th? Marty B not even in the game to atleast act as a decoy on the fade?

Romo took way too long to lock in on this game, it's clear that he's an average QB that can make some special plays if he has play makers. No T.O., No Felix Jones, No offense...

Pretty pathetic that the "explosiveness" of our offense is completely dependent upon felix, who has proven to be injury prone so far in his career.

Our defense played perfectly fine this game. You have to expect your offense to give you at least 24 pts. Especially an offense that has soooo much money invested into it.

I love what they did this game. pressure came from random players.

Offense couldn't pick up the slack.

This pretty much sums up my opinion as well.

herniateddisc
10-04-2009, 06:36 PM
....Our defense played perfectly fine this game. ,,

They had two chances to win the game and failed. Spencer and Newman no making plays.

Good but not good enuff.

Modano
10-04-2009, 06:36 PM
And I hate Brian Dawkins. I can't stand him. Really. When Romo overthrew Crayton who tried a one handed catch, Dawkins was acting like he made the best play in the game. But it was just a bad throw which would have been a completion right in front of him.

dpl85
10-04-2009, 06:38 PM
TC probably would've scored on a draw there on the goal line. T-New just got abused by Marshall and then nobody can bring him down.

Im_a_Romosexual
10-04-2009, 06:43 PM
TC probably would've scored on a draw there on the goal line. T-New just got abused by Marshall and then nobody can bring him down.

they should've let him score.

they likely would have ran out the clock and got a FG, but instead we had 1:45 to score, which we almost did.

E-Man
10-04-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm really pissed right now. What a sucky loss that was.

LizardState
10-04-2009, 06:54 PM

B/c he is a flake. He is shot. He doesn't even step into his throws if a guy is within 3 yards of his front foot.

And btw, his turnovers killed whatever momentum we had ... twice.

He was created by Parcells and sadly has reverted to the loser who was always good but always short. Never good enough to be anything.

UDFA forever.

Locker anyone?

We got the 9ers blowing the Sheep out & didn't see this catastrophe until the melodrama at the end.

When that freaky 53-yarder to Hurd happened, he's closing in on the end zone, then pushed out at the 20 I remember thinking He should have scored -- failure to score here is the ball game.

I have too many awful memories of similar red zone Romo failures of yrs. past. If they have to rely on Garrett's ****** up playcalling inside the 5 they're done. And they were.

Garrett had them throw at Champ Bailey >20 times, one INT, several broken up including the crucial one with the game on the line. If anybody is getting Phillips fired, it's Garrett. All those missed open receivers are on Tony though

And it was in Denver, that goddamn worthless Mile High crap team with those ugly-ass orange jerseys. We have to listen to everyone tell us how the Broncos are "for real" now..... I really ******* hate orange! this sucks balls.

Turnover Tony, (facepalm) yeah Locker sounds pretty good right now. Talk about a false hopes kind of game.....

herniateddisc
10-04-2009, 07:01 PM
The worst is we have some talent whose prime of their carer is being wasted on this awful coaching staff and flakie QB.

E-Man
10-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Barber must've been banged up more than we thought. He was barely used in the second half, and he looked like he had a good first half to me.

ricowboy
10-04-2009, 07:27 PM
The Team is simply a poorly coached.....13-3 talent but an 8-8 coach! don't kid yourself, We are in trouble!

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Barber must've been banged up more than we thought. He was barely used in the second half, and he looked like he had a good first half to me.

He really must have re-aggravated the injury because you're right, he was looking like a stud in the first half (first quarter, mainly).

Garrett is a piece of ****, and Wade is gonna take the fall for him. I hope Jerry isn't as stupid as some think he is and hires Garrett as the HC after this season, because it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Wade will get canned.

Paul
10-04-2009, 07:29 PM
He really must have re-aggravated the injury because you're right, he was looking like a stud in the first half (first quarter, mainly).

Garrett is a piece of ****, and Wade is gonna take the fall for him. I hope Jerry isn't as stupid as some think he is and hires Garrett as the HC after this season, because it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Wade will get canned.

Could you imagine the **** storm that will come down on Jerry if that happened.

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Could you imagine the **** storm that will come down on Jerry if that happened.

Well, from the people that know an ounce of football there'd be a **** storm. Sadly, the 80k that pack the stadium every week will think that's an awesome move and would be glad we locked him in before some other team came in and snatched him up :rolleyes:

herniateddisc
10-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Well, from the people that know an ounce of football there'd be a **** storm. Sadly, the 80k.....:

Just the 80K in the stadium are at fault of being stupid homers?

ROTFLMAO!!!

Edit: Mighty quiet around here. Why am I not shocked.

herniateddisc
10-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Once he fires Wade, he is going to hire another loser until we are 4-12. All our aging Vets will be hanging on for the checks.

Jerry then is going to hire another big name coach in 2013 and give him power .... then once they are on the edge of big things he will push him out to try and hog all the credit.

Like Haley's comet.

Ward
10-04-2009, 11:23 PM
This blows. I am surrounded by Denver fans at work, and I've been talking **** about this game for the last 2 months. Called it a lock. I owe one guy a 12 pack, but my dignity will be up for grabs for anyone to take.

Burns336
10-04-2009, 11:34 PM
They had two chances to win the game and failed. Spencer and Newman no making plays.

Good but not good enuff.

Ill agree with that...

But I would emphasize that our team is built to be an offensive team -- no one would mistake this defense to be one of the few that can actually win you games like the steelers or ravens.

Pathetic showing by Romo, Roy, Austin, and Crayton.

Austin and RW should be most ashamed along with Romo. Those 3 are all reasons for the loss.

Burns336
10-04-2009, 11:38 PM
and does anyone else notice that while Garrett has improved in his run :: pass ratio and keeping the ball on the ground more often, he has still failed to implement a good set of plays that involve a 3 step drop?

I don't think I've seen RW run a slant. Same beef I had when T.O. was here. Get them the ball short, and let them make a play. Neither guy has great hands or route running, both excel after the catch... Seems too easy....

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm going to begin the start Hurd initiative. :D

We need to change something on offense. Tony is staring guys down, and he has a good feel with Hurd. Why the hell not, right? The pass offense isnt working at all and we can finally figure out what we have here.

Oh Sensy broke his thumb and is targeting an October 25th return. It just gets better.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
10-05-2009, 12:50 AM
I am pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here are my thoughts...

First off, why throw at Champ at the end of the game so much? Not only is he one of the, if not the very, best corners in the league, he has already made you pay once.

Second, and I may be taking crazy pills, but go back and watch the last Romo throw. Seems to me that Austin had more seperation than Hurd. Not to mention he was covered by an inferior corner (at least to Champ). Maybe I am using hindsight, but I would have thrown to Austin.

Third, I could beat Bobby Carpenter out of a job. I would play for a lot less money. I can also go out, week after week, and miss tackles and look totally incompetent. That guy sucks. Lets cut bait with him already.

Fourth, and I will take a lot of heat for this. But where is Ware? I love that guy, but come on! He doesn't seem to be on the field. I thought he was the best pass rusher in the league? I know it isn't all his fault, but isn't it a contract year for him?? I just expected more from him...thats all.

Fifth, the offense looks below average without Felix Jones. I was the biggest supporter of drafting Felix (Save maybe Moth.) Is he just a wuss, or are we cursed? The guy is ALWAYS injured.

Sixth, Tonya Romo. When he is on, he is a bad MF'er. But if he is not on, we seem to have no chance. The, "One game on, one game off" is starting to get old.

Seventh, we are a better team than the Broncos. Go down the roster and tell me which positions they are better than us at. Maybe a few, I will concede that. I don't care what their schedule is, we are better than they are. We should not have lost this game.

And eighth, I also hate Brian Dawkins (AKA Darth Vader). When he went to Denver, I was happy cause we would not have to play him anymore. Now, the shithead ends up on our schedule?!?!? Somebody kill him already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the Eagles, and he will always be an Eagle to me.

In conclusion-we must have been outcoached. There is no other excuse.

P.S.-
I apologize to Roy Williams (the safety). I thought addition by subtraction would happen when he left. Well...we just got beat by a lesser team.

Modano
10-05-2009, 02:39 AM
Ill agree with that...

But I would emphasize that our team is built to be an offensive team -- no one would mistake this defense to be one of the few that can actually win you games like the steelers or ravens.

Pathetic showing by Romo, Roy, Austin, and Crayton.

Austin and RW should be most ashamed along with Romo. Those 3 are all reasons for the loss.

I wouln't blame Roy... He had some occasions but Romo couldn't get him the ball (like when he got hit but DJ Williams)...

HEISMANHERSCHEL
10-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Good point. When RW got hit by Williams, even my wife flinched. And she doesn't know much about football. He got smashed, no doubt about it.

What is the problem? Is it unanimous? We are better than Denver, player for player. Right???

We were in position to win this game, within seconds of the final whistle being blown. I wish I knew the answer.

If our team is better but gets beat by a lesser team, the obvious anser is coaching.

Or I have no idea what I am talking bout.

M.O.T.H.
10-05-2009, 03:01 AM
I'm not mad at Roy for being out, he got crushed. If there is any gripe, it's that he dropped two more passes. One of which was questionable but, still. He has a good 5 drops already.

herniateddisc
10-05-2009, 07:43 AM
1. Romo is the problem. He is not accurate. His footwork is poor. His decisions at least are more conservative last two games.

2. The Bobby Carpenter obsession is really silly. And may I mentioned he made the 4th and 1 play not Brooking. He took on two guys and left the Gap for Brooking to fill. Credit Brooking for actually making a play. Not to say he is playing well but I have been of the opinion his play improves as he plays .... as what happened his rookie season.

3. Jenkins is getting better every week. Good thing.

4. Austin is open on most plays and Hurd's only play was a broken play. Romo simply either throws the ball behind him or he ignores him. On the Miami Dolphins -- the kid has 60 catches this season.

5. Hurd is Crayton and you only need ONE on a team -- Crayton should be cut or traded. We already have a Possession TE who is an All Pro and Three WR who are simply slow possession guys (Hurd, Crayton, Williams)

6. When your QB can't throw the ball accurately with velocity -- forget three step drops. Recipe for INT hell.

7. Hurd ran a poor route on the 4th down play and allowed Bailey to get inside. That cut needed to be like an L, not a Y. So, not to bag on him but facts are facts.

8. Spears is playing pretty good. People should give him credit. I think his contract year finally got to him. Sadly Jerrah is going to give him a big deal and we are back to fat and lazy next year. Just watch.

9 Ware is not the same player. Hate to keep saying it. He is slow.

10. Brooking is playing well and he is a leader. I guess being smart helps.

Think we miss Parcells and Sparano and Haley????????????????? The corpse is rotting slowly and everyone swears it is still alive.

I think this group of players is done. I thought without TO the team would develop better chemistry but fact is they are not. They are soft. They don't make plays when it matters.

They have been mediocre-to-bad when it counts since 2005 and only play well downhill. Lots of talent but none when it counts.

LizardState
10-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Fire Phillips? Those rumors are no longer speculation but perceived by the Dallas fans an inevitable foregone conclusion. Face facts, some changes need to be made to stop the bleeding. Call it Panic Button time or whatever, but the worst thing would be sticking with the status quo & doing nada.

Do you think Jones will let his team be outcoached wk. after wk. without him grabbing the spotlight as always & doing something radical? It's just a matter of when....

What are the alternatives?

Jeff Fisher & his Titans are 0-4, 1 more loss than they had all last season, but he's locked up b/c Bud Adams will lose face to Jerry Jones if his HC is snatched from under him. Not that it will keep him from trying, but the standard Jerrah technique of throwing mega-zillions of $ at it to get what he wants just simply won't work in the age of tampering charges. Call this one Pending.

Cowher? He doesn't want it for thousands of reasons, it would be a round peg in the square hole, the team doesn't want him, how many ways can this be wrong? Don't write it off though, by Thanksgiving this team could be grasping at straws all over the place.

Promote Garrett? Uhhh, I call your attn. to the worst red zone playcalling in the NFL. Or just very bad gameplans that are so inflexible they can't adjust for injuries, playing catchup with Romo's arm & other limitations, etc. Can he handle working in the shadow of Jones & argue his influence over him in drafting (isn't that what ultimately drove Parcells out? remember his speech about shopping for the groceries if he had to cook), handle the press conferences, etc? There is an upside to him though -- he's the ultimate team insider b/c he grew up within the team as son of their Head Scout & was their backup QB, & he knows the strengths & weaknesses as well as the politics & smart enough to know how to manipulate an egomaniac emperor like Jerrah, & (puts on devil's advocate hat here) it isn't his fault that his 2 best go-to guys, Felix & Roy Williams, were out & plays designed for them didn't work with Hurd & Austin. Also not his fault that Romo folds under pressure like a lawnchair. Besides, after this awful early season I don't think many other NFL teams will be offering Garrett a contract

It may well come down to Garrett b/c he has the inside track & all the good assts. with NFL experience will be taken. Timing is key here, all those big names & experienced assts. are scarfed up after the initial round of HC firings in January, & we're looking at openings early in Cleveland & maybe St. Louis & J-ville -- Mangini has run out of chances, the Sheep suckage is common knowledge, & Del Rio is going to need a miraculous turnaround for job security.

It's embarrassing, almost as embarrassing as the worse & worser days of the late 80s when senile Tom Landry kept hanging on for One More Yr. a decade or so too long, or when Jerry Jones & Jimmy Johnson had too much to drink & the 2 old friends had a public screaming match resulting in the best HC in modern NFL history departing after 2 SBs, or when he was replaced by (shudder) Barry Switzer & half the team got popped for drugs, etc.....

Hell sportsfans, it's well worth discussing.

Paul
10-05-2009, 08:54 AM
For me Brookings was an after thought when it came to acquisitions this past offseason. I thought he was just another body to plug in there next to Bradie ala Zach, Akin, etc. But he has become, in my opinion, the defenses MVP. He had a great game against the Panthers, and even better game this week. Smart, passionate, energetic, a leader, he's been everything you could ask for. We could definitely use more guys like him on both sides of the ball.

side not: Sucks that Buehler has been our best rookie so far.

herniateddisc
10-05-2009, 09:03 AM
For me Brookings was an after thought when it came to acquisitions this past offseason. I thought he was just another body to plug in there next to Bradie ala Zach, Akin, etc. But he has become, in my opinion, the defenses MVP. He had a great game against the Panthers, and even better game this week. Smart, passionate, energetic, a leader, he's been everything you could ask for. We could definitely use more guys like him on both sides of the ball.

side not: Sucks that Buehler has been our best rookie so far.

2007 and 2009 best players are both kickers. Now that is sad.

Not even two different positions and the fact you redrafted in 2009 means you screwed up in 2007.

LizardState
10-05-2009, 09:24 AM

Agreed, Brookings has been a pleasant surprise. I thought he was just a Phillips legacy who had played for him before, but his experience shines through, especially when compared to the Bobby Carpenter turdblossom at ILB.

About the defense: Miss (fill in name of Ellis, Canty, or Ware, oh wait, he still plays there doesnt he :confused: here) Much?

Macarthur
10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Such a disappointing game. Denver tried to give us that game and we didn't have the stones to take it.

Here's my thoughts:

1. As a big Romo defender, I am very disappointed. His lack of accuracy is what has been most surprising for me. I think he's just messed up in the head. He's got the gunslinger, bus driver, no INTs, etc. crap all bouncing around in his head. Couple that with the pressure of being the Dallas Cowboys QB, and I think he's just messed up right now.

2. Garrett - I've been a defender here, too, and I can't any more. I just don't understand the use of resources. Austin needs to be on the field more especially with Felix out. He's the only WR that can consistently get seperation. As someone else said, go back and look at the tape; he got seperation on both throws to Hurd at the end. No sign of Bennett or Witten in the clutch time. The two TEs should be a staple in the red zone.

3. Flo - has had a pretty good year so far, but didn't have a good game yesterday. He gets off balance too often. This position has to be addressed.

4. WR - No explosion. Austin is the only WR that give some and he's not getting enough snaps. As steady as Crayton has been, Austin needs to get more snaps at #2.

5. Defense - This defense can't close. They played pretty well overall. Great 4th down stand. Newman has got to knock that ball away. Wow. How does Spencer not at least knock that pass down? That's the difference in our defense and a top 5. We are in position most of the time, but our guys just don't 'make plays'. Those are two examples of Wade putting guys in position to make plays and they just don't do it.

6. Sensi has been good, but overall, our safety play is still poor. Hamlin needs to be released this offseason. I would resign Sensi, release Hamlin and hope that the other Hamlin is ready to go next season.

That's all I can think of right now.

M.O.T.H.
10-05-2009, 10:27 AM
1. Romo is the problem. He is not accurate. His footwork is poor. His decisions at least are more conservative last two games.

2. The Bobby Carpenter obsession is really silly. And may I mentioned he made the 4th and 1 play not Brooking. He took on two guys and left the Gap for Brooking to fill. Credit Brooking for actually making a play. Not to say he is playing well but I have been of the opinion his play improves as he plays .... as what happened his rookie season.

3. Jenkins is getting better every week. Good thing.

4. Austin is open on most plays and Hurd's only play was a broken play. Romo simply either throws the ball behind him or he ignores him. On the Miami Dolphins -- the kid has 60 catches this season.

5. Hurd is Crayton and you only need ONE on a team -- Crayton should be cut or traded. We already have a Possession TE who is an All Pro and Three WR who are simply slow possession guys (Hurd, Crayton, Williams)

6. When your QB can't throw the ball accurately with velocity -- forget three step drops. Recipe for INT hell.

7. Hurd ran a poor route on the 4th down play and allowed Bailey to get inside. That cut needed to be like an L, not a Y. So, not to bag on him but facts are facts.

8. Spears is playing pretty good. People should give him credit. I think his contract year finally got to him. Sadly Jerrah is going to give him a big deal and we are back to fat and lazy next year. Just watch.

9 Ware is not the same player. Hate to keep saying it. He is slow.

10. Brooking is playing well and he is a leader. I guess being smart helps.

Think we miss Parcells and Sparano and Haley????????????????? The corpse is rotting slowly and everyone swears it is still alive.

I think this group of players is done. I thought without TO the team would develop better chemistry but fact is they are not. They are soft. They don't make plays when it matters.

They have been mediocre-to-bad when it counts since 2005 and only play well downhill. Lots of talent but none when it counts.

Bobby Carpenter is horrible. I dont know why you cant seem to grasp that. He's terribly slow, he can't tackle, he's incredibly soft, he cant cover all that well anymore. He is an awful football player. I dont care what defensive scheme he is playing in.

Austin and Romo are never on the same page and the INT was more than likely Austin's fault in the first place. Crayton has been lolly gagging on a lot of his routes and hasnt helped a whole lot when Romo tries to improvise. Choose your preference Austin or Hurd. One should be given a shot and imo, that should be Hurd. Austin still runs pretty terrible routes at times, he can be jammed easily, has suspect hands, and again he and Romo barely ever connect. It's not like Austin has been standing out with the PT he is already getting. No, Austin isnt always open. Of course Romo has missed him here and there, as he has other guys but, Austin isnt always open. And Romo still seems to have more confidence in Hurd. You want Romo as comfortable as possible? You start Hurd. Honestly though, I'm ready for either one to be given a shot. Nothing against Crayton but, we need a change. And I dont want my Hurd love to shine through all the time, I'm just stating a fact in saying that he has a better feel for Hurd than he does Austin.

And Ugh. "Possession receiver" gets thrown out a lot. Donald Driver is a "possession receiver", T.J. Houshmandzadeh is a "possession receiver", Hines Ward is a "possession receiver". Look around the league, there are plenty of receivers, who arent burners who are fantastic receivers. And I think Hurd is a better player than Crayton is right now. There is a saying, that you can never have enough possession receivers. And you may give Hurd the possession receiver tag but, he's a more complete receiver than Austin is.

As for Jenkins...I couldnt agree more, he's getting better and better. His confidence is growing, he's playing real well now. And Brooking has been a fantastic pick up for us.

M.O.T.H.
10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I pray that Garrett never becomes our Head Coach. Nice to see the public becoming aware of his deficiencies. He's been getting chewed out by the ESPN "experts" all day today and for the Giants game. I dont care how close the Jones and Garrett families are, if this doesnt get figured out this year, Jerry needs to man up and fire Garrett.

herniateddisc
10-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Bobby Carpenter is horrible. I dont know why you cant seem to grasp that. He's terribly slow, he can't tackle, he's incredibly soft, he cant cover all that well anymore. He is an awful football player. I dont care what defensive scheme he is playing in.

Austin and Romo are never on the same page and the INT was more than likely Austin's fault in the first place. Crayton has been lolly gagging on a lot of his routes and hasnt helped a whole lot when Romo tries to improvise. Choose your preference Austin or Hurd. One should be given a shot and imo, that should be Hurd. Austin still runs pretty terrible routes at times, he can be jammed easily, has suspect hands, and again he and Romo barely ever connect. It's not like Austin has been standing out with the PT he is already getting. No, Austin isnt always open. Of course Romo has missed him here and there, as he has other guys but, Austin isnt always open. And Romo still seems to have more confidence in Hurd. You want Romo as comfortable as possible? You start Hurd. Honestly though, I'm ready for either one to be given a shot. Nothing against Crayton but, we need a change. And I dont want my Hurd love to shine through all the time, I'm just stating a fact in saying that he has a better feel for Hurd than he does Austin.

And Ugh. "Possession receiver" gets thrown out a lot. Donald Driver is a "possession receiver", T.J. Houshmandzadeh is a "possession receiver", Hines Ward is a "possession receiver". Look around the league, there are plenty of receivers, who arent burners who are fantastic receivers. And I think Hurd is a better player than Crayton is right now. There is a saying, that you can never have enough possession receivers. And you may give Hurd the possession receiver tag but, he's a more complete receiver than Austin is.

As for Jenkins...I couldnt agree more, he's getting better and better. His confidence is growing, he's playing real well now. And Brooking has been a fantastic pick up for us.

So in summary,

Romo is fine it is all the WR fault. Austin runs bad routes, Witten, Williams, Crayton, etc.... because he is off there too.

Hurd is great. Fact he has trouble getting open is OK because he has good hands. BTW, TO or Austin score on that broken play.

Bobby Carpenter is the reason our D can't close. Even when he makes a good play he gets bashed.

MEMO COWBOYS FANS:

The design of the Offense sucks right now because Willams, Hurd, Witten, Crayton are all SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Austin should start. At least the safeties need to be aware of were he is lining up. Be nice if he can hit Austin in stride just once. Roy, Hurd Crayton, Witten scare no one. I had a similar comment about this Offense end of 2007 when TO went down. We keep putting in "dependable" guys who compress the field b/c they are 4.6-4.7 guys.

Defensively, TNew is vastly over-rated but a good corner. Jenkins has more upside than Newman ever did b/c he plays the ball well. Scandrick is also a good player but not a #1 corner. Sensabaugh is ok and Hamlin sucks like he did in Seattle. Got his money and same will happen with Sensabaugh if they pay him. Watkins is a SS and OK I guess.

Bradie as always is A-OK but is really only effective as a blitzer. Makes no plays elsewhere. Ware is slow. Spencer is a bust and simply is JAG. Brooking is playing well but wait till he gets demotivated by the "not-my-fault" mentality that is a cancer on the team.

Spears is playing well but please don't pay him b/c he will Hamlin us. Olshansky and Hatcher and Bowen are fine. Ratliff is a player. Siavii is adequate also for his role.

Coaching on this team is bad but at least ST has been fixed. GM is a moron.

dpl85
10-05-2009, 10:40 AM
I thought Roy ran a 4.3 at the combine. Why does everyone say he's a slow possession WR? I guess it's the difference between timed speed and playing speed.

M.O.T.H.
10-05-2009, 10:50 AM
So in summary,

Romo is fine it is all the WR fault. Austin runs bad routes, Witten, Williams, Crayton, etc.... because he is off there too.

Hurd is great. Fact he has trouble getting open is OK because he has good hands. BTW, TO or Austin score on that broken play.

Bobby Carpenter is the reason our D can't close. Even when he makes a good play he gets bashed.

The design of the Offense sucks right now because Willams, Hurd, Witten, Crayton are all SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Austin should start. At least the safeties need to be aware of were he is lining up. Be nice if he can hit Austin in stride just once.

Roy, Hurd Crayton, Witten scare no one. I had a similar comment about this Offense end of 2007 when TO went down. We keep putting in "dependable" guys who compress the field b/c they are 4.6-4.7 guys.

ugh.

I know Romo is playing terrible. It's not like any of our receivers are helping him out, though. Hence, why I said we could use a change.

And Hurd doesnt have a problem getting open. Wow, he got shut down by one of the better corners in the league. You cant even make a definitive judgment on Hurd for this season because, he plays under 5 plays per game in the offense on average. Austin is out there and it's not like he has shined. You overrate Austin, who hasnt done anything yet. Neither Hurd or Austin have great production but, you stack them up side by side and Hurd looks superior in just about everything except for foot speed. Austin is not a #1 guy and he will never be a #1 guy. He has a good skill set because of his size and speed but, he hasnt been able to do anything with it, just like many before him. I want him to do well but, he isnt this great player yet. So how you know Austin, who's proven to have pretty average hands, makes that play, I dont know. Right now, Austin is Randal Williams until he proves otherwise. He's been getting reps. Granted not a whole lot but, he's been in there. We need one of these guys to step up and it was Hurd making the plays down the stretch, not Austin. I just think that if Romo really does have a good feel for Hurd, which seems pretty apparent for a while now, you should play him. And I'm not an Austin hater if I'm coming off as such, I know Romo has missed him on a couple potentially big plays this year but, it's not like Austin has been getting open on a consistent basis and if the ball does reach him, who knows if he'll actually catch it?

And Carpenter isnt the sole reason why our defense cant close. blah, blah, blah. But he is awful, anyone could see it. For every one good play, there are ten bad plays. He is a bad football player.

Witten doesnt scare anyone? Okay. And Roy doesnt scare anyone? He may not be all that great but, he still has commanded some double teams this year for whatever reason. Roy and Witten can certainly stretch the field but, it seems like the coaching staff/fans have scared Romo into captain checkdown. It doesnt help that the game plan has shifted that way but, Romo doesnt even want to take those chances anymore. It's all a big mess at the moment.

M.O.T.H.
10-05-2009, 10:55 AM
I thought Roy ran a 4.3 at the combine. Why does everyone say he's a slow possession WR? I guess it's the difference between timed speed and playing speed.

The thing with Roy is that he runs a lot of his routes like he runs a 4.7. But when he has the ball in space you can see some of that speed come out. There is no way he is that fast anymore but, he's a 4.5 guy probably.

herniateddisc
10-05-2009, 02:29 PM
ugh.

I know Romo is playing terrible. It's not like any of our receivers are helping him out, though. Hence, why I said we could use a change.

And Hurd doesnt have a problem getting open. Wow, he got shut down by one of the better corners in the league. You cant even make a definitive judgment on Hurd for this season because, he plays under 5 plays per game in the offense on average. Austin is out there and it's not like he has shined. You overrate Austin, who hasnt done anything yet. Neither Hurd or Austin have great production but, you stack them up side by side and Hurd looks superior in just about everything except for foot speed. Austin is not a #1 guy and he will never be a #1 guy. He has a good skill set because of his size and speed but, he hasnt been able to do anything with it, just like many before him. I want him to do well but, he isnt this great player yet. So how you know Austin, who's proven to have pretty average hands, makes that play, I dont know. Right now, Austin is Randal Williams until he proves otherwise. He's been getting reps. Granted not a whole lot but, he's been in there. We need one of these guys to step up and it was Hurd making the plays down the stretch, not Austin. I just think that if Romo really does have a good feel for Hurd, which seems pretty apparent for a while now, you should play him. And I'm not an Austin hater if I'm coming off as such, I know Romo has missed him on a couple potentially big plays this year but, it's not like Austin has been getting open on a consistent basis and if the ball does reach him, who knows if he'll actually catch it?

And Carpenter isnt the sole reason why our defense cant close. blah, blah, blah. But he is awful, anyone could see it. For every one good play, there are ten bad plays. He is a bad football player.

Witten doesnt scare anyone? Okay. And Roy doesnt scare anyone? He may not be all that great but, he still has commanded some double teams this year for whatever reason. Roy and Witten can certainly stretch the field but, it seems like the coaching staff/fans have scared Romo into captain checkdown. It doesnt help that the game plan has shifted that way but, Romo doesnt even want to take those chances anymore. It's all a big mess at the moment.

Comparing Hurd to Austin is like comparing a Porsche to a Land Rover. Completely different players. Hurd will never stretch the field or ever draw safety help. He will get open in the soft parts of zones and occasionally get behind a LB for a big gainer. Austin can attack the safeties with speed in much less time than Hurd ever will. He can get a post route and take it 80 yards. I hate comparing them for this reason. To me Hurd and Crayton are comparable.

Witten, also, love him but not a vertical threat. He is an outlet valve for Romo with sure hands. But to think he can do what a Shockey or Winslow or Gates does in the open field and deep .... just not clear analysis. Again, go the tape. He just does not run that well.

I hated Carpenter from day 1 just like Spencer but I notice the more he plays the better he gets. I have no idea why and it still sucks nuts. But frankly if you hate Bobby, you should just loathe Spencer. He makes no plays. Rewind tape from yesterday. What has Spencer done to make you feel their is hope as opposed to Carpenter? Frankly Spencer was handed the job b/c he is loved by Jerrah and Wade -- he was their guy. The guy they traded for. He sucks so far. But Bobby, OHHHHHH, he is the dog that gets kicked. Frankly, at least with Carpenter I am pretty sure he is not a blithering moron and can probably help call signals.

And with respect to Tony Turnover. He is shot. He is a flake. He came second as Mr Basketball in Wisconsin. He never won in College. He could not get drafted. He can't make the PGA cut, Gets the girl but ....... get the story????????? He is the guy in High School who by now should have a beer gut packing crap at Kohl's or wherever. Awww shcuks he is so nice!!! LOSER!

Tony's luck? He met Bill Parcells and Parcells knows how to make boys behave like men with ballz. He is not like Wade with his fahhh-gott tea-bagging arse licking Tony's private parts now that Jessica has lost a few pounds. Romo is a loser and always will be. He should go be Letterman's intern. I hope Tony Turnover saves his money b/c within 2 years, he may need it back in Osh-Kosh Wisconsin Loser-ville with no job and lots of magazine cover pictures hanging on his wall papered mansion.

And then we have the biggest idiot -- our soft headed GM. Wade is what he is and we all knew it ahead of time but what is Jones' excuse? For a rich guy, he really has no clue how to run an NFL team. Makes me wonder if he simply hit two lottery tickets. It does happen you know.

So F this team. They suck donkey sack and love ayyy-nuhl. Like a Porn Guy who gets soft before the money shot. All show, no dough.

E-Man
10-05-2009, 03:09 PM

I don't think he's as slow as people make him out to be. He's just tall and lanky, so it looks like he runs slow because he takes long strides.

And after thinking about it for awhile, I gotta give props to the Broncos. They played one helluva game on defense. They did after all get 6 sacks, and that was against a very good pass blocking team. We can talk all day long about Garrett, Romo, Roy, Austin, etc. until the cows come home, but their defense has to get their due. Hell the two turnovers that happened really speak more about what the Broncos did. The fumble was a brilliant play that would've happened to any team, and that pick by Champ was pretty damn good.

LizardState
10-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Dallas is at 2-2. They're just an average fb team now. And Romo is just an average QB.

TREY WINGO
ESPN NFL TODAY,
10-5-09

I'm paraphrasing but for once Wingo was right. To be better than average they have to play better, & that's all uphill with the Roy Williams rib cartilage & Felix Jones injuries.

M.O.T.H.
10-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I was half paying attention but, did you hear him say Dallas' 4th WR Miles Hurd? lol.

Burns336
10-05-2009, 05:54 PM

Desean Jackson is what true "4.3 speed" looks like on the field.

Roy Williams is a perfect example of why 40 times are ****. He's clumsy as hell too.

Ward
10-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Romo didn't know that last play was 4th down, according to PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/05/romo-didnt-know-it-was-fourth-down/) and Clarence Hill. Mind blowing. Clearly the dude's head isn't in the game. Bench him, I'd rather see Kitna at this point. Does anyone out there think we'd be worse than 2-2 if Kitna had been starting for 4 games? We'd likely have the same record, because all Romo has done is beat up on 2 crap teams, blow it vs one great team, and **** the bed versus the Broncos. Kitna could have done that, and actually may have done better since he's got chemistry with Roy Williams. Kitna in 09 please.

D-Unit
10-05-2009, 07:27 PM
This team has a completely new identity every week. Weirdest thing I have ever seen. If I had to point a finger to that, I'd point to coaching.

...and clearly, undeniably, the offense is missing a big play threat like TO was while he was here. Not saying that we should've kept TO because he's no longer looking so hot (to be fair, neither did Randy Moss in OAK). But we lack a big play threat at WR. Roy is not clutch.

D-Unit
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Romo didn't know that last play was 4th down, according to PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/05/romo-didnt-know-it-was-fourth-down/) and Clarence Hill. Mind blowing. Clearly the dude's head isn't in the game. Bench him, I'd rather see Kitna at this point. Does anyone out there think we'd be worse than 2-2 if Kitna had been starting for 4 games? We'd likely have the same record, because all Romo has done is beat up on 2 crap teams, blow it vs one great team, and **** the bed versus the Broncos. Kitna could have done that, and actually may have done better since he's got chemistry with Roy Williams. Kitna in 09 please.
Why would you rather have Kitna if you think we'd still be 2-2?

Paul
10-05-2009, 07:30 PM

That maybe the saddest cowboys news I've ever heard.

D-Unit
10-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Dallas is at 2-2. They're just an average fb team now. And Romo is just an average QB.

TREY WINGO
ESPN NFL TODAY,
10-5-09

I'm paraphrasing but for once Wingo was right. To be better than average they have to play better, & that's all uphill with the Roy Williams rib cartilage & Felix Jones injuries.
It's nice to know that Trey Wingo has perfect hindsight 20/20 vision. IMPRESSIVE!!! lol. I wish I got paid to say that.

Dallas has plenty of time to figure things out. That was a classic trap game. KC is the perfect opponent to bounce back on. Just watch next week as the same media clowns will start to say "Don't give up on Dallas just yet".

Im_a_Romosexual
10-05-2009, 07:34 PM

oh. my. god.

facepalm (first time using this phrase)

D-Unit
That maybe the saddest cowboys news I've ever heard.
Don't believe PFT and Clarence Hill.

locseti
wow, I can't believe he didn't know it was 4th down....

D-Unit
10-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Clarence Hill's job is to make money by making news. I won't believe this unless it comes from a better source. Folks, we're talking PFT here...

locseti
10-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Ya but if he does do that on the field -flashes three with his fingers to the ref and tries to hurry the linemen - I'd be inclined to believe that he really thought it was third down, with the spike play failing to register.

D-Unit
10-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Ya but if he does do that on the field -flashes three with his fingers to the ref and tries to hurry the linemen - I'd be inclined to believe that he really thought it was third down, with the spike play failing to register.
Oh well. Stupid Tony. I guess I might've missed that with the chow mein noodles splattered across my TV screen.

Why do I make excuses for the guy? Haha... Whatevers. He's still a good QB in my mind.

Modano
10-06-2009, 04:52 AM
I agree with MOTH, Romo has been forced to play the captain checkdown role. Do you remember the last few seasons? We were good on offense because we were able to get big plays. This year it's completely different, it seems that we can't pass the ball to save our life. Romo must forget the Giants' game and start doing what he does best which is taking chances. During a game, a couple of years ago, Aikman said that Romo was always looking for the big play. He doesn't do that anymore, he doesn't look downfield and he prefers to check down... When we went 13-3 it was also because we were reckless on offense. Romo is not Tom Brady (before Randy Moss), he's more like Brett Favre. He will make some bonehead throws but he will also tear some defenses apart, so you gotta take the good with the bad.
Romo is a gunslinger and he has to play as a gunslinger to be successful. Infact which one was his best play against the Broncos? The fourth down conversion to Hurd, which was a classic Romo's play. This is Romo, he's no Trent Edwards. So if we want to be explosive on offense, we need to unleash him. Yes, he will cost us some games just like in week 2, but we will win a lot more games.

herniateddisc
10-06-2009, 08:19 AM
I agree with MOTH, Romo has been forced to play the captain checkdown role. Do you remember the last few seasons? We were good on offense because we were able to get big plays. This year it's completely different, it seems that we can't pass the ball to save our life. Romo must forget the Giants' game and start doing what he does best which is taking chances. During a game, a couple of years ago, Aikman said that Romo was always looking for the big play. He doesn't do that anymore, he doesn't look downfield and he prefers to check down... When we went 13-3 it was also because we were reckless on offense. Romo is not Tom Brady (before Randy Moss), he's more like Brett Favre. He will make some bonehead throws but he will also tear some defenses apart, so you gotta take the good with the bad.
Romo is a gunslinger and he has to play as a gunslinger to be successful. Infact which one was his best play against the Broncos? The fourth down conversion to Hurd, which was a classic Romo's play. This is Romo, he's no Trent Edwards. So if we want to be explosive on offense, we need to unleash him. Yes, he will cost us some games just like in week 2, but we will win a lot more games.

This is what is called a false choice. You present two extremes in order to make your point stronger but fact is ....

Look, saying being more reckless is going to help Romo or the team is asinine. But I will lay out to you and few things I have noticed that needs resolutions ..

1. OL needs to focus on opening up passing lanes. Tony has an OK arm and is short. This OL does a poor job of creating space between rushers where the WR might be on timing routes (Zampese bread and butter). It explains our inability to hit those types of routes which is shocking.

2. He has a bad grip on the ball and I am not sure if his hands are weak, small or he might need gloves to give him some girth and length. He throws some bad flutters which are usually indicative of a bd grip.

3. Step INTO throws. I amm so sick of seeing him throw off his back foot. He does it like 80% of the time and with pressure ---- his arm moves forward and body is moving backwards.

4. Any chance we can encourage him to RUN when the mental clock hits 3 seconds. All to often now he scrambles and throws these turd passes. Frankly I would be happier to see him get the first down with his feet. It actually helps him get bigger plays down field b/c if he threatens the LB they move forward and so do the safeties.

If you are football fan you also would understand that points 1/3/4 are solved with a WCO concept and play to his strengths.

I also strongly think bringing Garrett in was a huge mistake. His DNA is Dan Marino/ Troy -- classic pocket passers who could see over the OL and zip the ball into tight spots. I can not remember Garrett calling a play that moves the pocket, or a roll out, or boot leg. Everything is Tony stationary.

Sparano and Parcells made sure TR had passing lanes, moved him some and he ran when the pocket broke down. Just go back to 2006 and 2007. He got a lot of big first downs with his feet. Now -- nothing.

To me this proves the superiority of the Cowboys Staff under Parcells. The superiority of what they taught and implemented. They understood strengths as well as weaknesses and game planned around it.

This staff from Wade to Garrett are stuck with "my system" much more so. Garrett wants Tony to be Brady and Wade loves playing soft zones with lots of blitzing.

With that said, Romo is still a flake and he is 90% to blame. If he is "as smart as people say" he needs to assure his own success by molding the play book and the calls by JG.

But he is Mr Second Place and Mr Second Place is just happy with mediocrity.

LizardState
10-06-2009, 10:19 AM

Worse than not knowing the down no. that big-ass numeral on the marker in plain view & on the scoreboard on that 4th & goal was hurrying the throws to a wide open receiver, to both Crayton vs. the Giants & Hurd I think in Denver, in the freaking end zone. He threw it so hard it went thru their open hands.

That tells me he is overcompensating by throwing it way too hard b/c he's feeling the heat, desperate need for scoring when the clock is down to single digits, so he zips it too hard. All of which is not thinking with a clear head & cool demeanor. It's called folding under pressure, worst QB performance flaw in a Dallas QB since Danny White after 2 concussions.

That's 12 points cost the team, & that's on nobody but Romo. Are we seeing once again just exactly why he was an UDFA?

D-Unit
10-06-2009, 12:47 PM
This is what is called a false choice. You present two extremes in order to make your point stronger but fact is ....

Look, saying being more reckless is going to help Romo or the team is asinine. But I will lay out to you and few things I have noticed that needs resolutions ..

1. OL needs to focus on opening up passing lanes. Tony has an OK arm and is short. This OL does a poor job of creating space between rushers where the WR might be on timing routes (Zampese bread and butter). It explains our inability to hit those types of routes which is shocking.

2. He has a bad grip on the ball and I am not sure if his hands are weak, small or he might need gloves to give him some girth and length. He throws some bad flutters which are usually indicative of a bd grip.

3. Step INTO throws. I amm so sick of seeing him throw off his back foot. He does it like 80% of the time and with pressure ---- his arm moves forward and body is moving backwards.

4. Any chance we can encourage him to RUN when the mental clock hits 3 seconds. All to often now he scrambles and throws these turd passes. Frankly I would be happier to see him get the first down with his feet. It actually helps him get bigger plays down field b/c if he threatens the LB they move forward and so do the safeties.

If you are football fan you also would understand that points 1/3/4 are solved with a WCO concept and play to his strengths.

I also strongly think bringing Garrett in was a huge mistake. His DNA is Dan Marino/ Troy -- classic pocket passers who could see over the OL and zip the ball into tight spots. I can not remember Garrett calling a play that moves the pocket, or a roll out, or boot leg. Everything is Tony stationary.

Sparano and Parcells made sure TR had passing lanes, moved him some and he ran when the pocket broke down. Just go back to 2006 and 2007. He got a lot of big first downs with his feet. Now -- nothing.

To me this proves the superiority of the Cowboys Staff under Parcells. The superiority of what they taught and implemented. They understood strengths as well as weaknesses and game planned around it.

This staff from Wade to Garrett are stuck with "my system" much more so. Garrett wants Tony to be Brady and Wade loves playing soft zones with lots of blitzing.

With that said, Romo is still a flake and he is 90% to blame. If he is "as smart as people say" he needs to assure his own success by molding the play book and the calls by JG.

But he is Mr Second Place and Mr Second Place is just happy with mediocrity.
Good read Bob. But I haven't heard in a long time anyone calling Romo a smart QB. Asking a QB to go rogue on the playbook is pretty unrealistic. I love Parcells and his crew. Always have. Always will. But he is not without mistake either. No one is. There is no perfect coach who never gets criticized. But we got out of Parcells everything that we were going to. He's not a guy who wins. He's just a guy who turns things around. That's what he does. ...and that's what he did here. He wasn't going to take us to the next level. Up until this year, Wade actually did take the ball and ran with it pretty good. But I think we're seeing that he's not the guy either. With so many good HCs out there, there's no way Wade is our HC next year. I'm just hoping the next guy (Cowher, Shanny, Holmgren, Gruden, Billick, etc) is the right guy.

Out of curiosity if you could pick one, who would you go with?

Macarthur
10-06-2009, 01:02 PM
My choices would be Holmgren, Shanny, Cowher, Gruden & billick in that order.

I think the most important thing is to get a guy in that will maximize Tony. That's our only hope to get back to a SB.

Also, my absolute first pick would be Fisher, but I doubt Tenn lets him go.

pocketaces
10-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I would like Gruden first and Shanny 2nd.

herniateddisc
10-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Good read Bob. But I haven't heard in a long time anyone calling Romo a smart QB.

I don't think I called him that but others have.

Asking a QB to go rogue on the playbook is pretty unrealistic.

What I am saying is a Leader goes to the Coach and says "Not working" and these plays don't suit my strengths let us do this this and this.

I love Parcells and his crew. Always have. Always will. But he is not without mistake either. No one is. There is no perfect coach who never gets criticized. But we got out of Parcells everything that we were going to. He's not a guy who wins. He's just a guy who turns things around. That's what he does.

As much as I disagreed with some of Parcells moves he is a winner and produces winners. So we strongly disagree.

But my point was his staff was much smarter (credit Duane) and if anything they we limited by Parcells himself (debit Duane)

...and that's what he did here. He wasn't going to take us to the next level. Up until this year, Wade actually did take the ball and ran with it pretty good.

We are 12-12 since starting 2007 12-1. So, Wade is sucking mule donkey scrotum.

But I think we're seeing that he's not the guy either. With so many good HCs out there, there's no way Wade is our HC next year. I'm just hoping the next guy (Cowher, Shanny, Holmgren, Gruden, Billick, etc) is the right guy. Out of curiosity if you could pick one, who would you go with?

Pesonally, I would only get Shanahan or Gruden IFFFFFFFFF we plan on building a 5 year plan around a 29 year old Tony Turnover. Not a Holmgren fan. Not a Billick fan. Not a Cowher fan. Seen them out coached all too often.

I would however be strongly in favor of a Fresh Face who will rip some nut sacks off even going the college route. Brian Kelley at Cin for example.

D-Unit
10-06-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't think I called him that but others have.

What I am saying is a Leader goes to the Coach and says "Not working" and these plays don't suit my strengths let us do this this and this.

As much as I disagreed with some of Parcells moves he is a winner and produces winners. So we strongly disagree.

But my point was his staff was much smarter (credit Duane) and if anything they we limited by Parcells himself (debit Duane)

We are 12-12 since starting 2007 12-1. So, Wade is sucking mule donkey scrotum.

Pesonally, I would only get Shanahan or Gruden IFFFFFFFFF we plan on building a 5 year plan around a 29 year old Tony Turnover. Not a Holmgren fan. Not a Billick fan. Not a Cowher fan. Seen them out coached all too often.

I would however be strongly in favor of a Fresh Face who will rip some nut sacks off even going the college route. Brian Kelley at Cin for example.
I think I'm finally liking the tone and content of our discussions. Brian Kelley is the MAN, but I have a hard time trusting in college coaches. Especially after Saban flunked.

I like the stud coordinators to be honest, but I think they're tough to sift through because they don't have a track record. I still wish we landed Mike Singletary instead of Wade.

Ward
10-06-2009, 08:41 PM
My only problem with bringing a fresh face in is the Jerry factor. If it's some guy with no NFL HC credentials, there's no way Jerry's gonna just let him do his thing. Campo and Gailey were puppets. Do we want that again?

D-Unit
10-06-2009, 08:46 PM
My only problem with bringing a fresh face in is the Jerry factor. If it's some guy with no NFL HC credentials, there's no way Jerry's gonna just let him do his thing. Campo and Gailey were puppets. Do we want that again?
No we don't. You're dead on with that Jerry factor. It's also why I think we could be doomed and go down the same path with Garrett as HC. It'd be Campo/Gailey all over again.

I'm just happy that there are good HC candidates on the shelf. I've always been a fan of Jack Del Rio and John Fox too. I think they could get fired.