PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate College Football Draft

YAYareaRB
10-04-2009, 10:03 PM
This is the ULTIMATE CFB DRAFT. What I mean by ultimate?

This ******* thing is gonna have 3 parts to max out quality of the teams and closeness in voting.

Part I
You will choose your coach staff. This will be a thorough draft of the coaching staff. You will choose of course, a head coach, a defensive coordinator, an offensive coordinator, one defensive position specific coach and one offensive position specific coach. This is a very important part in the draft. This will heavily go into account for what kind of offense/defense you run and what kind of players you draft.

Part II
You will choose your offense. Pretty basic. The reason why I put the coaches draft first is because I think that it should be taken into account when you choose your players. ex. Someone like Sam Bradford won't work in a Rich Rodriguez type offense or maybe if some coach doesn't utilize a fullback, you double up on TE's or draft a slot WR. It will be 11 rounds. Pro potential will NOT be taken into account in this draft so for example, drafting Max Hall is just as good as drafting Tim Tebow, if your system persists.

Part III
You will choose your defense. Same as above but on the other side of the ball.

We're not drafting special teams coaches/players. But, in closing, I would like to say.. I'm taking 6-8 people and if more come, they are more than welcome. Please, I know I'm complicating things but I wanna see if this works. Again, Pro potential will not be taken into account.

I want to take, at most, 2 days per part. I want people that will be here for their time slot. Big boards are a must do! So sign up ya'll!

1. YayareaRB - Stanford Cardinals
2. djp - Miami Hurricanes
3. diabsoule - LSU Tigers
4. sbh15 - Cincinatti Bearcats
5. Tackle - Washington Huskies
6. DJC - UCF Knights
7. iBoldin - TCU Horned Frogs
8. OSUGiants17 - Ohio State Buckeyes
9. Michigan - Michigan Wolverines
10. D-Unit - USC Trojans

djp
10-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I'd be interested, I have an iphone so people can just text me and I can post right from my phone.

Does recruiting matter?

Miami

djp
10-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Any updates...?

YAYareaRB
10-05-2009, 01:37 AM
I'd be interested, I have an iphone so people can just text me and I can post right from my phone.

Does recruiting matter?

Miami

Recruiting doesn't matter.

diabsoule
10-05-2009, 02:41 AM
Sounds interesting. I'm down.

LSU Tigers

sbh15
10-05-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm in.

Gonna stray from the usual and go with...

http://bearcatsgameday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bearcats-resize.jpg

YAYareaRB
10-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Welcome aboard. C'mon people.. Sign Up!

TACKLE
10-06-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm in.

Washington Huskies
http://www.cudaapparel.com/images/category/uw.gif

TACKLE
10-07-2009, 09:29 AM
2 Questions...

1) What do we do about injured players like Jermaine Gresham, Robert Griffin and Michael Floyd.

2) Can our offensive and defensive specific coaches be current head coaches?

YAYareaRB
10-07-2009, 09:54 AM
2 Questions...

1) What do we do about injured players like Jermaine Gresham, Robert Griffin and Michael Floyd.

2) Can our offensive and defensive specific coaches be current head coaches?

1) No pre-existing injuries... erm... exist lol

2) If you are lucky enough to get a HC as a OC then good one ya.

Sorry fellas I plan on getting this thing up and running sometime after the weekend. My daughter's blessing is on Sunday and its gonna be a hectic weekend for me.

DJC
10-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I'll take the last spot

UCF Knights

TACKLE
10-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Sorry fellas I plan on getting this thing up and running sometime after the weekend. My daughter's blessing is on Sunday and its gonna be a hectic weekend for me.

Now that we have all six people, is there anyway we could do the coaching staffs. I know you're busy but if we get the coaches, it gives us a lot better idea of the type of players we need and will probably help speed up the draft once it gets going.

POST #3000

YAYareaRB
10-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Now that we have all six people, is there anyway we could do the coaching staffs. I know you're busy but if we get the coaches, it gives us a lot better idea of the type of players we need and will probably help speed up the draft once it gets going.

POST #3000

I was thinking about doing one offensive position specific coach and one defensive but I thought it would be too much. If ya'll are in favor of drafting a whole staff than that's cool. It will either start Sunday night or Monday morning.

iBoldin
10-07-2009, 11:53 PM
If you're looking for any more, I'm down.

I'll take

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/features/ncaa2007/22.jpg

YAYareaRB
10-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Welcome aboard..

The signups close sunday night.

OSUGiants17
10-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Can I has Ohio State plz?

Michigan
10-08-2009, 06:07 PM
I'll sign up as Michigan, if you guys are looking for more teams.

YAYareaRB
10-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Nice boys.. Welcome.

One more spot left no exceptions.

D-Unit
10-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Right here cuz. USC Trojans.

YAYareaRB
10-08-2009, 07:14 PM

I like the collection of members I got.

@D-Unit. Faka I knew you was lurking like the blue bubble. just float around and then STING da faka ah? think you bad?

D-Unit
10-08-2009, 07:43 PM

@D-Unit. Faka I knew you was lurking like the blue bubble. just float around and then STING da faka ah? think you bad?
Watch out fo da potagee manawar baby. baggah stings!

diabsoule
10-08-2009, 08:30 PM

How is this going to work? Are we going to pick our coaching staff first then offensive players and then defensive players? Or is it just going to be a grab bag?

iBoldin
10-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Bump, just so people still know it's still going on. At least I hope it is.

TACKLE
10-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm ready. Let's get this thing going.

wicket
10-16-2009, 07:58 AM
well this one is going smooth