PDA

View Full Version : The Dirty Sanchez

TitleTown088
10-05-2009, 12:02 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/04/sharper-to-the-house-sanchez-with-a-cheap-shot/

While chasing Sharper in vain, Sanchez decided to take out the knees of Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, for no apparent reason. Sanchez was flagged, and he should be fined.

Raiderz4Life
10-05-2009, 12:04 AM
My wrestling coach gave me that nickname and it stuck throughout HS lol ppl just started calling me Dirty not even DIrty Sanchez anymore lmao

Anywho....I didnt see the point in what Sanchez did...he wasn't blocking or tackling

RaiderNation
10-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Sanchez******************

Pat Sims 90
10-05-2009, 12:08 AM
He took that move from the Steelers taking out players knees and Brett Farve Contibuted to that also

aNYtitan
10-05-2009, 12:12 AM
He will be fined. I have no idea what he was really thinking on that block there. He probably did look up Brett Favre's block for the vikes. Hopefully the coaches pull him aside and tell him you don't do that, otherwise players are going for retribution when they get a clear shot on him.

YAYareaRB
10-05-2009, 12:18 AM
I could definitely see him taking some shots after that. I thought to myself when I saw it: "What the hell is that fool doing?" He needs to be fined and I hope Vilma's friends around the league take notice.

Forenci
10-05-2009, 12:25 AM
I could definitely see him taking some shots after that. I thought to myself when I saw it: "What the hell is that fool doing?" He needs to be fined and I hope Vilma's friends around the league take notice.

Heh yeah. Someone will take offense to that and probably annihilate Sanchez. Can't say I blame them for it if they do either.

diabsoule
10-05-2009, 12:34 AM
My buddy and I were screaming at the tv when he did that. I expect a fine and you could tell that the Saints players were not happy afterwards.

aNYtitan
10-05-2009, 12:40 AM
He is going to take a shot sometime by someone who just wants to show him up, either helmet to helmet or a late hit.

Flyboy
10-05-2009, 12:46 AM
My buddy and I were screaming at the tv when he did that. I expect a fine and you could tell that the Saints players were not happy afterwards.

If Vilma would have been hurt because of that...

derza222
10-05-2009, 12:47 AM
I have no idea what he was really thinking on that block there.

Exactly what I said to my roommate when it happened. I believe he did it on another INT return also, though perhaps it was preseason. Just a bad penalty and not a good move at all, glad Vilma was not hurt on the play.

Flyboy
10-05-2009, 12:50 AM
He did do it on another INT return in the early part of the season I think. Just can't think of which game.

Raiderz4Life
10-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Haha...if he keeps it up:

HO7JIcE-RAk

YAYareaRB
10-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Haha...if he keeps it up:

HO7JIcE-RAk

That guy has no.. and I mean no business commenting on the NFL. He sucks balls.

MetSox17
10-05-2009, 02:25 AM
You see that all the time when quarterbacks throw interceptions. They run and they go low on whoever is either blocking or running with the ball in hopes that they cause a domino effect. What makes it bad is that Vilma wasn't very close to the runner, but he was the first one in the vicinity so i don't think it's that big a deal.

HawkEye30
10-05-2009, 09:52 AM
That guy has no.. and I mean no business commenting on the NFL. He sucks balls.

Agreed, I can't stand him.

tjsunstein
10-05-2009, 10:56 AM
You see that all the time when quarterbacks throw interceptions. They run and they go low on whoever is either blocking or running with the ball in hopes that they cause a domino effect. What makes it bad is that Vilma wasn't very close to the runner, but he was the first one in the vicinity so i don't think it's that big a deal.

That's what I was thinking when it happened. Sanchez was trying to trip him up. If he didn't go for the hit, you know damn well Vilma would have destroyed him if he was standing upright trying to get to the ball carrier. He was trying to make a play. I don't think he had any intent otherwise.

Hurricanes25
10-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I hope he does get fined. That's how you tear up someone's knees.

Vox Populi
10-05-2009, 02:38 PM
If he doesn't hit Vilma and chases Sharper Vilma or another Saints defender is going to light him up even if theres no chance he catches Sharper. You see it all the time on Punt/Kick returns or INT returns. Its still not like it was a clean thing to do, but if Vilma decks Sanchez as a block theres no penalty and everyone just laughs saying "haha, Sanchez got lit up, he wasn't even going to catch Sharper, haha." So basically his options were to just stand in the pocket and walk to the sideline or at least somewhat chase the play, and then try not to get destroyed by someone "blocking" for Sharper.

I don't blame the kid for throwing that shot.

BlindSite
10-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Quarterbacks taking cheap shots is like a boxer's trainer talking smack. Just because you've got big guys protecting you at one point in time, doesn't mean you're always going to be immune from punishment.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few guys out there who hate the protection rules of QBs and who know just how much it hurts to get hit cheaply at the knees who won't care about a fine or a 15 yard penalty to send a message.

S T R I N G
10-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Quarterbacks taking cheap shots is like a boxer's trainer talking smack. Just because you've got big guys protecting you at one point in time, doesn't mean you're always going to be immune from punishment.

Worst. Analogy. Ever.

BlindSite
10-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Worst. Analogy. Ever.

Troll is trolling

S T R I N G
10-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Troll is trolling

What was that you were saying about how great of a playoff QB Delhomme was? lulzzzz

WMD
10-05-2009, 10:57 PM
http://www.mkrob.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/stafford.jpg

The Real Sanchize!!

Thecollegedropout
10-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Being fair to Sanchez, if you see a much bigger and stronger MLB coming towards you when your trying to get in the play of tackling Sharper, what else can you do? Get blasted or lit up which can be allowed?

I don't agree with what he did and thought its dangerous but if Sanchez doesn't do anything, who knows what would have happened. Didn't Vilma nearly get in trouble for a late hit in the Lions game when he was near the QB or kicker on a play anyhow?

Saints-Tigers
10-06-2009, 03:10 AM
Lol, it wasn't all that bad, I wouldn't be bothered, but the way they protect QBs, if Vilma would have gently stroked Sanchez' head, he might have got tossed from the game.

Lol at this guy spinning it onto Vilma though ^ haha

BlindSite
10-06-2009, 03:20 AM
What was that you were saying about how great of a playoff QB Delhomme was? lulzzzz

Do you have anything to contribute to the thread? Basing a dude with a winning playoff record, or otherwise doesn't have much to do with the rest of the thread.

S T R I N G
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Do you have anything to contribute to the thread? Basing a dude with a winning playoff record, or otherwise doesn't have much to do with the rest of the thread.

Yup I contributed the fact that your analogy made no sense as well as the fact that you consistently make outlandish claims about the Panthers which are also consistently proven wrong.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Yup I contributed the fact that your analogy made no sense as well as the fact that you consistently make outlandish claims about the Panthers which are also consistently proven wrong.
actually his analogy was pretty good. why dont you try to explain why it is wrong than taking cheap shots?

vikes_28
10-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Stupid desperation move for a rookie quarterback.

HawkEye30
10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
im surprised there still hasnt been a fine issued

MetSox17
10-06-2009, 08:11 PM

That's because there wasn't anything wrong with what he did.

S T R I N G
10-06-2009, 09:18 PM
actually his analogy was pretty good. why dont you try to explain why it is wrong than taking cheap shots?

A trainer is not an athlete. They're a coach. If Rex Ryan ran on the field and cut Vilma's knees, it might make sense. He didn't though. Another player did.

BlindSite
10-08-2009, 04:49 AM
A trainer is not an athlete. They're a coach. If Rex Ryan ran on the field and cut Vilma's knees, it might make sense. He didn't though. Another player did.

I'll explain this clearly since your response is lacking some intelligent thought.

Sanchez is in a constantly vulnerable position, a linebacker is always attacking and spends most of their time on the attack or dishing out punishment.

If you're constantly vulnerable and open to being hit cheaply, you shouldn't be taking cheap shots at people who're always in position to harm you.

Perhaps you'd prefer people in glass houses never throwing rocks?

Oh and proven wrong? Jake Delhomme has had 2 bad playoff games in his career. His QB rating in the post season is 83.3 Peyton Manning's is 84.2. So he's not exactly in the bottom tier once the season ends...

Proven wrong again and again? I've made one bad call in over 3 years of being on these boards, you've been here since August? Again and again? What the hell is that crap? Grow up and learn to debate and discuss.

HawkeyeFan
10-08-2009, 08:42 AM
What a tool....

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-08-2009, 09:45 AM

Good thing for Sanchez, Vilma doesn't come from a school where all the NFL alums stick together like a brotherhood.... oh. He's done.

S T R I N G
10-10-2009, 06:28 PM
I'll explain this clearly since your response is lacking some intelligent thought.

Sanchez is in a constantly vulnerable position, a linebacker is always attacking and spends most of their time on the attack or dishing out punishment.

If you're constantly vulnerable and open to being hit cheaply, you shouldn't be taking cheap shots at people who're always in position to harm you.

Perhaps you'd prefer people in glass houses never throwing rocks?

Oh and proven wrong? Jake Delhomme has had 2 bad playoff games in his career. His QB rating in the post season is 83.3 Peyton Manning's is 84.2. So he's not exactly in the bottom tier once the season ends...

Proven wrong again and again? I've made one bad call in over 3 years of being on these boards, you've been here since August? Again and again? What the hell is that crap? Grow up and learn to debate and discuss.

LOL he doesn't done ANYTHING in the playoffs since 2005. He's old. He's done. That's been obvious for years.

derza222
10-10-2009, 07:11 PM

I believe he was fined 5k for it. Vilma also noted that Sanchez called him to apologize, which he should have done so glad he did it. I think Vilma still sounded frustrated about it as he should be, but it seems like he appreciated Sanchez acknowledging he made a mistake. Hopefully Sanchez learns about it, I think we all really don't want anybody to get hurt and it would be unfortunate for him to injure somebody after a pick doing something dangerous like that.

wicket
10-11-2009, 02:53 AM
to put it simple, it was a bad hit, if he didnt want to get himself hurt he should have made a similar hit but waist-high but that is more theoretical. That being said sanchez did an apology and was fined accordingly and since no injury resulted imo that is the end of the story