PDA

View Full Version : 49ers sign Crabtree

MasterShake
10-05-2009, 03:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4534306

I think since it is well established that the 49ers aren't budging from their position, Crabtree is caving.

JFLO
10-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Eh...he's only about 2-3 months late.

Seriously, if I was San Francisco, I wouldn't even bother with the guy. He obviously is going to be a problem later on down the road, so why even bother with it. He's overrated to begin with.

Shahin
10-05-2009, 03:56 PM
we'll see what happens

vikes_28
10-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Maybe he is finally going to accept it cause he know that the 9ers don't really need him anyways. He's just thinking about it cause he knows that the 9ers are looking like the real deal.

ElectricEye
10-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm willing to bet he signs. There's nothing left for him to do really.

bigbuc
10-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Its crazy I was watching NFL network last night... And on the Primetime top 10 that Deion Sanders does he said... That Crabtree will start talking to the 49ers again. He slip that in there when he was showing the Wills TD highlight.

CC.SD
10-05-2009, 05:50 PM
At this point he's probably not worth the headache...what the hell the player decides now that he's okay with being paid tens of millions of dollars? Screw him. He can get paid a whole lot less next year. It's not like there's any situation where he's a long term 9er when his rookie contract comes due in a couple years anyway.

If Singletary is really serious about this whole 'the team is a family' schtick he will show Crabtree what an idiot he is here.

YAYareaRB
10-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I posted this in the other Crabtree thread.

Yeah I heard about that today on ESPN. Just imagine how the conversation went.

http://lifeinsports.org/eugeneParker.jpg

"Listen.. We're gonna get you your money. Just go do some wind sprints and we'll claim you've been working out."

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/ninerinsider/2009/08/02/crabbyhead-SI.jpg

"Cool man. They lost last sunday they for sure are gonna start needing me sometime! What was the score against the rams?"

http://www.bay-area-sports-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/eugene-parker.jpg

"35-0..."

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Michael+Crabtree+Portraits+0HgiaNV5Z0ol.jpg

"Rams???"

http://www.bay-area-sports-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/eugene-parker.jpg

"......"

http://atthebox.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/michael-crabtree.jpg

"......"

http://images.intomobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/airplane-takeoff.jpg

Hurricanes25
10-05-2009, 06:02 PM
If he does sign, I wonder how the players will treat him when he walks through that locker room door for the first time? I know I'd be giving him the cold shoulder just for being a selfish and greedy prick.

hawkeye123
10-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Crabtree is caving.

I knew this would happen the first time he said he would re-enter next year's draft.

brat316
10-05-2009, 06:09 PM
If he does sign, I wonder how the players will treat him when he walks through that locker room door for the first time? I know I'd be giving him the cold shoulder just for being a selfish and greedy prick.

ehhh probably not, some of the other draft picks might. But I think most players understand that there are 2 sides to the NFL. One the business side and the game side. We hear quite a bit of players say it, "he has to take care of his bussiness, or he has to support his family." However he handles the money side its not their problem, but if he were to slack of preparing for games and sucks in games, well tahts another thing. I'm sure people will make little snide remarks when he gets tired and winded or doesn't know the playbook, like "should have shown up on time" "we started in august" or something like that.

P-L
10-05-2009, 06:23 PM
if the 49ers give him any approximating a true rookie contract, they're idiots.
Yep, now that he's ready to talk I'd cut my offer in half and tell him to take it or leave it.

senormysterioso
10-05-2009, 06:24 PM
the whole process has been an enormous pain in the ass..but does anybody remember how good Crabtree is? he's pretty good.

Raiderz4Life
10-05-2009, 06:25 PM
the whole process has been an enormous pain in the ass..but does anybody remember how good Crabtree is? he's pretty good.

In College...this isn't Texas Tech

tjsunstein
10-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Waste of money at this point. He's not going to do much good this season. Won't be with them after the contract.

Honest question. Would they really be that much better with him? I just don't know.

dabears10
10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I would say give him a 1 year deal with team option to pick up 3 more years, dont know if this is possible in the nfl, and make it snap incentive this year so you know he will be committed to get on the field.

brat316
10-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Gotta remember they did draft him, and by them then refusing to sign him is just as stupid as him not signing. Might as well have not even drafted if you don't want to ever sign him, or traded off his rights a while back. Its not like they are going to offer him more money, and when can't a team use more help?

They might try and make him feel happy by putting escalators in the contract to make it look bigger than it is. After winning these past few games, he has started to loose leverage and the 9ers are going to stay firm. Its like hey if you want to sign this offer we gave you great, if you don't that's fine as well we don't really need you.

FUNBUNCHER
10-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Is Crabtree talented enough to impact the 49ers late in December if they're in the middle of playoff run, even if he's missed all of TC and at least 4 games into the season??

Given that dude is a knucklehead, but your offense still can't have too many weapons for a QB to distribute the ball.

senormysterioso
10-05-2009, 06:40 PM
In College...this isn't Texas Tech

He was the 10th pick in the draft! Probably should have gone higher...by that logic no college player deserves to be in the NFL because they haven't proven them self in the NFL. Crabtree may be a luxury it's turning out, but shoot...maybe he'll put them over the top and make them a contender in the playoffs.

BlindSite
10-05-2009, 06:49 PM
This is going to sound like a girl's answer but, wouldn't both parties be better off if they both just all got along?

Crabtree can only lose if he continues to hold out and the 49ers realistically can only lose a player and a draft pick if they continue to be unwavering if their stance (right or wrong).

If crabtree signs the team is instantly upgraded at the wide receiver position, crabtree benefits by making the green and the team gets value for their pick and a player who missed camp won't lose an entire year, but will probably still be fairly average as a rookie.

If both sides calm down a little bit, come to the table and fix this situation, everyone wins, by the 49ers halving their offer, or crabtree demanding more, then everyone loses.

As for the team chemistry, all players are out for the $$$ they can get and most of them keep their mouths shut about each others contracts and monetary dealings, Michael Strahan went in depth about this in his book. In any event all he'd really have to do is come in and apologise for not being there to help the team and promise to be a good boy from now on and the team would likely take him on with open arms.

The 49ers are playing well and playing for each other right now, they wouldn't shun him just for fighting for a better contract.

Caddy
10-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Crabtree needs to sign already. I'm sick and tired of him and the contract dispute being in the news and want it to be over already.

The 49ers are playing really well this season and adding him would be a real bonus for them, even as say a 4th string receiver who could bump himself up towards the end of the year after learning the playbook.

Ness
10-06-2009, 01:13 AM
If Crabtree signs, fine. But we've proven we don't need people like him to win football games. So it doesn't really matter.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2009, 01:38 AM
I would say give him a 1 year deal with team option to pick up 3 more years, dont know if this is possible in the nfl, and make it snap incentive this year so you know he will be committed to get on the field.
i believe top10 picks have to be signed to a 5 year deal

BlindSite
10-06-2009, 02:13 AM
fine, i'll be pedantic. he's not an instant upgrade, and he may not have time to learn the plays to even get on the field this year (i don't believe the 49ers offense is that complex, but i honestly haven't watched enough to say for sure). at this point, the dude is still exactly what he was when he came out of college, but with several months away from the field and away from conditioning. unless you think he's good enough to go play schoolyard ball, i can't imagine he's on the field enough plays to make even a small impact this season.

You miss my meaning, I am not saying he could or should instantly get a starting position, but having a guy with his explosion and ability instantly upgrades the corp overall. He is a good deep threat and a strong receiver, having him in the slot on simple routes against nickel or dime backs is a mis match.

Monomach
10-06-2009, 06:02 AM

Players never get pissed about their teammates trying to get get paid. Take it from one of the 49ers team captains:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/22/takeo-spikes-nobody-is-against-michael-crabtree/

One thing that a lot of fans have forgotten is that Michael Crabtree is a really talented guy. All of the "screw him, offer him five bucks and a punch in the mouth to sign for one year" comments are stupid. It's a good thing none of these people run a football team. They'd have a bunch of slow white guys and no one else on their team. Rudy's a fun movie and all...but I have no desire to watch the guy play football on Sundays.

LizardState
10-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Crabtree is caving.

And jumping on the bandwagon. I hate egomaniac bandwagon-jumping holdouts. I hope the 9ers lowball him now.

Or sign him & trade him to ******* Cleveland so fast he leaves skidmarks.

Singletary to Crabtree: See ya! Wouldn't want to be ya!

ElectricEye
10-06-2009, 11:12 AM
I think people are being extremely hard on the guy. Sure, he's being an idiot. No one should even remotely try to take away from the fact he's acting like a little *****. But he's an extremely valuable football player when he's actually on the field. If they were able to come to terms that aren't his, and let him start learning the offense, he would be a huge pickup. Mostly for next year though. Getting acclimated as a wide receiver in the NFL is hard enough without trying to pick up the offense in week five. Still, talent wise, he's a major upgrade over Josh Morgan and the 2009 edition of Issac Bruce. Gives you another skill position player to set up your offense going forward.

Brent
10-06-2009, 12:00 PM
as per: http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/report-crabtree-meeting-is-set.html

When the sides finally get to the negotiating table, the 49ers are not expected to make any concessions to get Crabtree signed. The 49ers might want a sixth year added to the contract because Crabtree has already been missing for 70 days, so the money would rise accordingly with the addition of another year.

One club source said the 49ers would likely add some "fluff' to the contract with incentives and escalators that would only be reached if Crabtree became one of the league's top-producing wide receivers. That way, the deal would appear larger, thus allowing the Crabtree camp to save face.
They want him in SF. They aren't going to do like so many here, and tell the guy to **** off. They drafted him for a reason. The contract will look much larger than it is, but he's not going to get a ******* dime for any time he's missed.

ElectricEye
10-06-2009, 12:01 PM
It's completely fair adding that sixth year. That would probably be a solid deal for both sides at this point.

Brent
10-06-2009, 12:09 PM
It's completely fair adding that sixth year. That would probably be a solid deal for both sides at this point.
Also, while he might not know any of the plays, supposedly he's been training his ass off in Florida, so that when he does show up, he's on track with all the other WRs, as far as conditioning goes.

At this point, I am torn about Crabs, I'd love to have someone with his potential in SF since we havent had a true #1 since TO was run out of town, but it isn't like we're throwing the ball all over the field and when we do, it's mostly to VD and Gore.

ElectricEye
10-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Shaun Hill isn't going to be around forever. When you do finally break a new quarterback in, a player like Crabtree will go a long way towards helping that along.

dabears10
10-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Also, while he might not know any of the plays, supposedly he's been training his ass off in Florida, so that when he does show up, he's on track with all the other WRs, as far as conditioning goes.

At this point, I am torn about Crabs, I'd love to have someone with his potential in SF since we havent had a true #1 since TO was run out of town, but it isn't like we're throwing the ball all over the field and when we do, it's mostly to VD and Gore.

Well a big plus about Crabtree is that he doesn't need to get the ball by going down field. He can go over the middle on play action and the short passing game.

MetSox17
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
you're way more generous than i would be. i'd pitch him the rookie minimum and tell him to piss off.

and sure i'm being a hardass. but it pisses me off to no end that some unproven ***clown decided that just because he and his idiot "handlers" thought he was the best player ever, that the rookie scale that's been in place for decades shouldn't apply anymore. it's not like these are un-generous contracts. ****, sign the best contract you'll literally ever be offered and get into camp. really, the 49ers should just pour that money into their defense, and making sure willis and those guys stay happy.

and further, if there was evidence that the 49ers had given him a way low-ball offer given the current system, i'd be just as disgusted by their FO.

At this point, are you trying to sign him? Because he ain't playing much, if at all this year, regardless of when he signs. If you low ball the **** out of him and offer him the rookie minimum, he has no incentive whatsoever of signing, cause he'll make a **** ton more money if he just stays out completely and re-enters the draft next year.

I like P-L's idea. Half the offer and tell him he can take it or piss off.

MetSox17
10-06-2009, 12:54 PM
not really.

I understand where you're coming from, and why you would refuse to have him on your team, but you also have to consider what was given up to acquire the right to have him on your team. They passed on a whole lot of talent for Crabtree, so if they just turn to him and tell him to **** off, they come out of that draft with nothing to show for the first round.

At the end of the day, both parties are business oriented, and it wouldn't be in the best interest of either for Crabs to re-enter next year's draft.

drowe
10-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Hoping the 49ers sign him to a pro-rated contract. Just enough of a discount to be a slap in the face.

If they do a low-ball offer like njx and P-L mentioned (which I would applaud them for), he'd re-enter the draft, sign immediately and claim victory because he didn't have to settle for a pro-rated salary and he didn't cave to the 49ers. I don't want any perception that Crabs won this stand-off. I would rather see the 49ers take $1 off the original contract to account for the 4 missed games. that way, Crabtree caved and lost money due to his diva behavior.

Giving Parker a face saving contract annoys me too. why pander to him? The 49ers hold all of the cards. they are in first place, and one miracle play away from 4-0 and they have 2 first round picks next year. AND, having the Crabtree money laying around would certainly help get a new contract to Patrick Willis or another deserving player.

So, F him. give him a fair contract for a #10 pick that missed training camp, the pre-season AND 25% of the regular season. If Crabtree and Parker have half a brain between 'em, they'd take it.

Also, not really related, but I heard they have t-shirts in SF that say:
'We don't have Crabs but we still have VD.'

i find that awesome.

Staubach12
10-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Everybody liked Crabtree before this whole thing. Now no one does. He might have lost a lot of money in endorsements in the past three months.

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2009, 03:15 PM
i still kind of like him. he just seems like a fun guy. not a smart guy, but fun

hawkeye123
10-06-2009, 07:32 PM
has he signed yet? lol

SeanTaylorRIP
10-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Crabtree is a bum.He'll end up hurting Duke who is finally starting to show some consistency with his immense potential.

MasterShake
10-06-2009, 07:47 PM
has he signed yet? lol

The update is that the meeting is still taking place, but Crabtree and team president Jed York have left the meeting already. At this time its thought that Parker and the 49ers brass are still up there hammering out the details.

abaddon41_80
10-06-2009, 07:57 PM
According to multiple sources, the details are being taken care of right now. Matt Maiocco, a 49ers beat writer, has been chasing the parties, including Crabtree himself, around the hotel where the meeting is out and they are avoiding him. Matt Barrows, the other main beat writer, was on the radio saying that the signing is imminent and will probably be announced within hours.

Ness
10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
For all of this trouble, Crabtree better work hard and hope things work out for him (assuming he signs with us), because if he is a bust he'll never hear the end of it.

FUNBUNCHER
10-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I was wondering if the 49ers make the playoffs(!!), would Crabtree realistically be in a position to contribute in the post season after signing with a quarter of the season already over, that's all.

Brent
10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I was wondering if the 49ers make the playoffs(!!), would Crabtree realistically be in a position to contribute in the post season after signing with a quarter of the season already over, that's all.
I'd believe so, I mean we still have 13 weeks left until playoffs start, assuming that the Niners are competing for a playoff spot.

aNYtitan
10-06-2009, 11:02 PM
About damn time

Brent
10-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Everybody liked Crabtree before this whole thing. Now no one does. He might have lost a lot of money in endorsements in the past three months.
I still like what he could bring to the Niners, I just think the guy is a complete fuckhead.

YAYareaRB
10-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Cool get him on the field. hopefully he can help us

MasterShake
10-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Oh...and MC Hammer was with Crabtree at the negotiations...no...I'm not joking.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/who-has-leverage-crabtree-has-hammer.html

ElectricEye
10-07-2009, 01:00 AM

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/who-has-leverage-crabtree-has-hammer.html

Because it's not completely ******* silly to bring MC Hammer to negotiate your contract. Really. Completely makes sense.

Brent
10-07-2009, 01:29 AM
he wasnt there to negotiate, just a Eugene Parker friend

niel89
10-07-2009, 01:46 AM

They are really going to extreme measures to Hammer out a deal I see.

Monomach
10-07-2009, 05:55 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10179102/Sources:-49ers,-WR-Crabtree-finally-reach-deal

Jay Glazer says a deal is done...Six years.

Caddy
10-07-2009, 06:10 AM
Thank god this rollercoaster is over.

Saints-Tigers
10-07-2009, 06:11 AM
I'm glad to hear that, it would be pretty crappy to just flat out lose a top 10 pick.

Glad he came to his senses, he should fired his "advisors" or something.

FUNBUNCHER
10-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Gonna be watching a ton a Niners games this season!!

Cicero
10-07-2009, 06:37 AM
About damn time.

LonghornsLegend
10-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Seems like a classic case of a player feeling left out of the positivity that's going on and he wants to be a part of it. He probably thought they would suck this year, but he surely doesn't want to miss out on a division championship run, he much rather say he was apart of it all.

Still though he lost because it looks pointless that he missed all that time for pretty much nothing. Maybe they can get a few formations/routes for him to master and try to get him worked in and comfortable.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Seems like a classic case of a player feeling left out of the positivity that's going on and he wants to be a part of it. He probably thought they would suck this year, but he surely doesn't want to miss out on a division championship run, he much rather say he was apart of it all.

Still though he lost because it looks pointless that he missed all that time for pretty much nothing. Maybe they can get a few formations/routes for him to master and try to get him worked in and comfortable.

I was thinking the same thing.. He probably saw his leverage go down the drain due to the great start by the 9ers. Soon, if they keep up this good play, they could forgot all about him. I wonder how he gets received in the locker room upon arriving there.

Ness
10-07-2009, 09:10 AM

Right now he wants to join the party. He better be actually worth a damn.

Splat
10-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Gonna be watching a ton a Niners games this season!!

I don't see him having much of an impact this season.

FUNBUNCHER
10-07-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't see him having much of an impact this season.
No, but he might late in the year when SF could possibly in the middle of a push for the playoffs.

brat316
10-07-2009, 09:47 AM
I was thinking the same thing.. He probably saw his leverage go down the drain due to the great start by the 9ers. Soon, if they keep up this good play, they could forgot all about him. I wonder how he gets received in the locker room upon arriving there.

they probably won't hold a grudge against him or anything like that. Maybe the other rookie players might a little. Players usually stay out of each other financial business, they know this isn't just a game, its a job.

PACKmanN
10-07-2009, 10:00 AM
over/under on how long it takes before karama gets invloved?

YAYareaRB
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
over/under on how long it takes before karama gets invloved?

If mean Karma I think it will kick in instantly. He skipped the hazing so guarantee he gets some of that.

I think Sing should say, you're not playing unless you fire your agent ahhahaha I hate Eugene Parker

Crickett
10-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Thank god this rollercoaster is over.

Is it over? Or is it only just beginning? Muhuhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Brent
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/10/crabtree-deal-f.html

Early on Tuesday I had heard that a mystery matchmaker brought the two sides and bridged the considerable gulf that had formed since the contract began 72 days ago on July 28. Who was this mystery man? It turned out to be former rap star MC Hammer, who is an associate of both Deion Sanders' and Parkers'. Hammer, who was born Stanley Burrell, grew up in Oakland. He was a bat boy for the A's in the early 1980s when -- I'm not saying this is the connection, just an interesting coincidence -- 49ers chief operating officer Andy Dolich also worked for the A's. Hammer not only brought the two sides together in the Crabtree standoff, he was a key figure during yesterday's negotiations. You can't make this stuff up, folks...

He is expected to be on the practice field this morning.

Flyboy
10-07-2009, 10:39 AM
About goddamn time.

abaddon41_80
10-07-2009, 10:53 AM
I honestly do not think in will be long before he starts suiting up an making an impact. I give it three weeks before he is in uniform and another two weeks after that I think he will see passes thrown his way in games.

no bare feet
10-07-2009, 10:55 AM
MC Hammer is so awesome.

ElectricEye
10-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Official.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10179102/49ers,-rookie-WR-Crabtree-reach-6-year-deal

They got the sixth year they wanted.

YAYareaRB
10-07-2009, 11:11 AM
MC Hammer just wanted to let them know that he's Too Legit to Quit

Brent
10-07-2009, 12:14 PM
2c4L4CPfQY8

had to be done.

MasterShake
10-07-2009, 12:37 PM
I gotta say...the 49ers FO handled this about as well as it could be.

Kudos to them, they are really shaping up into a good FO.

Saints 4 Lyfe
10-07-2009, 01:08 PM
MC Hammer made it all possible.

diabsoule
10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
The deal is for 6 years, $32 million dollars which $17 million is guaranteed.

Brent
10-07-2009, 03:16 PM
The deal is for 6 years, $32 million dollars which $17 million is guaranteed.
so he got an extra million for an extra year added on.

however there are incentives that will make it a 4 year deal but he'll have to be a top WR in the league to reach those.

EDIT: http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Crabtree-Press-Conference/55d7ccd6-c3b5-4f93-9fa2-3a4b3b6c330d#?id=55d7ccd6-c3b5-4f93-9fa2-3a4b3b6c330d

is it me or was that a horribly awkward interview? also, he didnt answer that MC Hammer question, what was that about?

aNYtitan
10-07-2009, 04:01 PM
about damn time
Yeah, what I said already

ATLDirtyBirds
10-07-2009, 05:38 PM
I still like Crabtree.

CC.SD
10-07-2009, 05:58 PM
How the hell do you show up with freakin MC Hammer and then dodge the question about it. MC Hammer wtf?!!??

RaiderNation
10-07-2009, 06:06 PM
If only you guys were at my school today..."9ers to the superbowl!!!" is all I heard.... please STOP

Auron
10-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Did anyone else think of "Leon" from those old Bud Light commercials after watching Crabtree's press conference? Especially when they asked him the question about re-entering the Draft and he said "I'm Michael Crabtree, man, and whatever I say is what I say." Even with the vintage smile.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8133adec/Crabtree-introduced

3BkIh1R5utY

YAYareaRB
10-07-2009, 08:39 PM
If only you guys were at my school today..."9ers to the superbowl!!!" is all I heard.... please STOP

Superbowl? No but this really helps our offense. I can't wait to get him running the screens we run. BTW, what school do you go to?

BamaFalcon59
10-07-2009, 09:14 PM
He handled the interview better than I would have expected.

I was wondering, though, what kind of training he did when he was out.

YAYareaRB
10-07-2009, 09:17 PM

Probably not. We'll find out soon enough

MasterShake
10-07-2009, 09:21 PM

He was training in some facility in florida, not sure exactly where or what.

D4rk 0ne
10-07-2009, 10:37 PM
2c4L4CPfQY8

had to be done.

I see your YouTube video featuring MC Hammer, and I raise you this one featuring both Hammer and Neon Deion:

cM7vqqS8jSI

Even more appropriate, I think... Should be interesting to see how things unfold over the next few weeks. Singletary said Crabtree will not play against ATL, but the Niners have a bye next week so I wonder if Crabtree will have acclimated himself to some parts of the offense by then.

I think they will plan on putting him in certain packages so he knows when to be on the field and what he's supposed to be doing.

49ersfan_87
10-07-2009, 10:44 PM
I think they will plan on putting him in certain packages so he knows when to be on the field and what he's supposed to be doing.

I bet he'll get on the field for screens and bubble passes early on. Those were his specialty in college and I'm sure he can learn enough in the next 2 weeks to run those plays.

As for traditional routes and such, probably not until later in the season. But who knows, he could surprise and get a big role early on.

Flyboy
10-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Did anyone else think of "Leon" from those old Bud Light commercials after watching Crabtree's press conference? Especially when they asked him the question about re-entering the Draft and he said "I'm Michael Crabtree, man, and whatever I say is what I say." Even with the vintage smile.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8133adec/Crabtree-introduced

3BkIh1R5utY

LMFAO. I haven't seen that joint in AGES. Much props!