PDA

View Full Version : The Video (Romo Looking for 5th Down)

Ward
10-06-2009, 04:25 PM
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2009/10/6/1072764/tony-romo-and-the-cowboys-fourth

I want Kitna, or I want someone to put a boot up Romo's ass and snap him out of this.

D-Unit
10-06-2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2009/10/6/1072764/tony-romo-and-the-cowboys-fourth

I want Kitna, or I want someone to put a boot up Romo's ass and snap him out of this.
Will somebody PLEASE hook Romo up with Taylor Swift already??!!! It's no wonder why his play is so off. He needs a hot young country singer by his side.

superman8456
10-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Will somebody PLEASE hook Romo up with Taylor Swift already??!!! It's no wonder why his play is so off. He needs a hot young country singer by his side.

I'm pretty sure TSwift is an Eagles fan...

D-Unit
10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm pretty sure TSwift is an Eagles fan...
That just means he'd screw her extra hard.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-06-2009, 09:16 PM

I came all the way to the Cowboys forum to tell you to BACK OFF!!! Taylor Swift is MINE, you hear me!?

Modano
10-07-2009, 01:02 AM

HAHAHA! He should've stayed with Carrie Underwood.

D-Unit
10-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Glad I didn't let PFT, Clarence Hill and all the other media outlets talking about it affect my feelings about Romo.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/100709dnspocowbriefs.39778de.html

Sideline guy was changing down numbers from 4 to 1 and Romo saw it on 3.

pocketaces
10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Glad I didn't let PFT, Clarence Hill and all the other media outlets talking about it affect my feelings about Romo.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/100709dnspocowbriefs.39778de.html

Sideline guy was changing down numbers from 4 to 1 and Romo saw it on 3.

Yeah, stupid him, putting up three fingers to try to get another down. Let's dump him for Kitna. Please...:rolleyes:

pocketaces
10-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Tony responds per DMN

"It was fourth down, everybody knew it was fourth down," Romo said. "We called it in the huddle. The play call we had is our fourth-down play. And I told the guys, 'Last play' and everything. But as you're walking off the field the guy moving the far chain, the down marker or whatever back so because Denver has the ball and he goes to three and I look over and thought maybe the refs might have messed up for a second. You ever remember the Nebraska game? Five downs?

"I just thought the refs might have screwed up, like maybe they had the three on there the whole time or something like they didn't know or somethign like that. But believe me if I had thought we had an extra down I would've been going crazy over there."

Ward
10-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah, stupid him, putting up three fingers to try to get another down. Let's dump him for Kitna. Please...:rolleyes:

Sarcasm is the protest of the weak.

gpngc
10-07-2009, 05:26 PM
He's a pretty poor pocket passer with questionable decision making. Mix that with receivers who don't get much separation and you've got a QB who can be contained with ease if you keep him from running around outside the pocket.

pocketaces
10-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Sarcasm is the protest of the weak.

LOL and putting in a 37 year old Q.B. with a overall rating of 76, that has been sacked over 300 times and has thrown 1 more T.D. than interceptions in his career is silly (being kind) Listen, I'm frustrated too but benching him is not the answer. If he doesnt get this fixed then we have problems, lets not compound the problems by bringing in Kitna.

D-Unit
10-07-2009, 06:33 PM
He's a pretty poor pocket passer with questionable decision making. Mix that with receivers who don't get much separation and you've got a QB who can be contained with ease if you keep him from running around outside the pocket.
I'll disagree that Romo is a poor pocket passer, but agree that he has questionable decision making and a WR corps that can't separate.

Babylon
10-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I'll disagree that Romo is a poor pocket passer, but agree that he has questionable decision making and a WR corps that can't separate.

I think the WR corps is a problem. Surprised they havent had any interest in Matt Jones (Arkansas boy).

D-Unit
10-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I think the WR corps is a problem. Surprised they havent had any interest in Matt Jones (Arkansas boy).
Matt Jones is a problem child. I don't want him anywhere near here. Felix Jones is the only Arkansas player on the roster in years. I don't get why people think Jerry is some Hog Homer.

The WR group is fine. They just need to be used properly by the guy designing/calling the plays. Miles has speed but doesn't hardly even enter the game and when he does, he doesn't go deep. ...when in fact, he might be the only guy on the same page with Romo (timing wise) on those deep routes.

Basically, the only time we run the ball is out of draw plays, so naturally, defenses are going to be more prepared to defend the pass if we're mostly showing "pass" by our pre snap formations.