PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Question?

notacarolinafan
10-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Does anyone know how to delete certain music off of it if you don't have the files backed up and have the settings in iTunes set on manual sync? It's an Ipod Classic.

slightlyaraiderfan
10-06-2009, 08:23 PM
if it's manual setting, you should be able to click on the ipod music library and delete stuff by right clicking or pressing delete

notacarolinafan
10-06-2009, 08:35 PM
if it's manual setting, you should be able to click on the ipod music library and delete stuff by right clicking or pressing delete

When I connect my ipod and click on the mini ipod on the left hand side of the screen and go to music nothing is there.:confused:

Paul
10-06-2009, 08:37 PM
So all your music is gone, is that what your saying?

notacarolinafan
10-06-2009, 08:42 PM
So all your music is gone, is that what your saying?

I don't have enough room on my computer for all of the files so I put songs on the ipod and then delete them off of the computer once their on my ipod. I have 390ish songs on the ipod but 0 on the computer. That's why I had to set it on manual sync.

TACKLE
10-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I have this same problem. My iPod starting to get full and I need to delete some stuff off of it. I'm not sure how because I have music from 2-3 computers so I have it on manual sync so it doesn't just sync to the library on one computer.

notacarolinafan
10-06-2009, 10:37 PM
I have this same problem. My iPod starting to get full and I need to delete some stuff off of it. I'm not sure how because I have music from 2-3 computers so I have it on manual sync so it doesn't just sync to the library on one computer.

TACKLE I kept searching and found this and it works!

If all this didn't sort it out, here is another....

In itunes, you have an icon for the "Library" and - when the ipod is connected - one that matches the ipod.

If you are "manually" syncing songs to the ipod and want to delete one off the ipod, open up the view for the ipod, not the Library, find the song and delete it....

http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-49201.html