PDA

View Full Version : Computer question

josh07039
10-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I was given images in a word document. I was wondering if there is any way for me to trace the origin of the pictures? By origin I mean finding the website they came from so I can know exactly what it is in the pictures?

awfullyquiet
10-08-2009, 11:08 AM
no. once its in a word doc, it's part of the document. they may not be from a website at all.

josh07039
10-08-2009, 11:26 AM
no. once its in a word doc, it's part of the document. they may not be from a website at all.That's what I thought. I was just hoping someone had some super 1337 way of doing it. My professor knows what he's doing putting them in a word doc, assuming what would happen if people had the images in another form. It's so frustrating because I know all three are available online, I just don't know what to search.

killxswitch
10-08-2009, 11:51 AM
What is it a picture of?

josh07039
10-08-2009, 03:06 PM
What is it a picture of?The class is history of the pacific. Picture one is of a volcanic flow going down a street with some palm trees in the background. Another picture is of a european looking guy with an admiral hat on, offering some beads or something to some native guys with spears. Picture three is of a few guys on a boat: one in white robes, one in red, and one in blue. The picture is pretty poor quality so it is hard to say what they are doing. In the background is a fleet of ships with huge square sails.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Having the original file names might help, but I don't think there's any real way of discerning that if you only have the .doc they've been inserted into. Why do you need the images so badly?

josh07039
10-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Having the original file names might help, but I don't think there's any real way of discerning that if you only have the .doc they've been inserted into. Why do you need the images so badly?They are part of an exam. I have to interpret the pictures, so knowing what they are would be very helpful.

tjsunstein
10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
E-mail your professor?

niel89
10-08-2009, 10:11 PM
post the picture on here

Paranoidmoonduck
10-09-2009, 12:56 AM
They are part of an exam. I have to interpret the pictures, so knowing what they are would be very helpful.

Why? It sounds like your professor wants you to find the symbolism in the pictures, which may have nothing at all to do with the sources.

Bosanac01
10-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Why? It sounds like your professor wants you to find the symbolism in the pictures, which may have nothing at all to do with the sources.

you never know where the picture came from, could be a site where he can find some nice info about it.