PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Splat
10-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Trade deadline coming in 10 days (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/10/trade-deadline-coming-in-10-days/)

Discuss...

MetSox17
10-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Sadly, in football there's not much, if anything, to discuss during the trade deadline. Most deals are completely insignificant.

JFLO
10-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Tom Brady for Byron Leftwich...it's happening, put your money down.

Splat
10-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Sadly, in football there's not much, if anything, to discuss during the trade deadline. Most deals are completely insignificant.

Way to kill a thread....

J/K

Your right you don't see to many in season trades in the NFL atleast not big time trades but we can still dream right?

badgerbacker
10-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Packers send entire 2010 draft to the Browns for Joe Thomas. Lock it up.

fischbowl
10-10-2009, 05:29 PM
**** it's that time already?

vikes_28
10-11-2009, 12:41 AM
I believe that the Vikings will trade Brett Favre to the Packers for Aaron Rodgers and a first round draft pick.

BlindSite
10-11-2009, 12:53 AM
49ers have an extra first but I doubt they deal it with Carolina doing so ****, though they could deal their own.

GB12
10-11-2009, 01:05 AM
I seem to remember a pretty big one last year

Bills2083
10-11-2009, 01:16 AM
I like Roscoe, but does anyone want him? He just doesn't fit in with our offense.
What about Jauron? We'll trade you him for _______ (enter insignificant object here)

redbills
10-11-2009, 01:20 AM
I like Roscoe, but does anyone want him? He just doesn't fit in with our offense.
What about Jauron? We'll trade you him for _______ (enter insignificant object here)

I'd take a 5th, 6th or 7th for him. He adds nothing to the O.

HawkeyeFan
10-11-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm watching for Dwayne Bowe to St. Louis.. Or another significant WR.

Thecollegedropout
10-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Brady Quinn to WSH for a 2nd or 3rd round pick please.

Heck CAR could use him too. Just get him out of CLE because it seems like he just won't get much of a chance to succeed there.

BufFan71
10-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Brady Quinn to WSH for a 2nd or 3rd round pick please.

Heck CAR could use him too. Just get him out of CLE because it seems like he just won't get much of a chance to succeed there.

hahahahahaha

No

Thecollegedropout
10-11-2009, 10:34 AM
That will be what it takes to get CLE to deal Quinn though. Probably a 3rd.

WSH usually likes dealing picks away. Make it happen :D

BufFan71
10-11-2009, 10:39 AM
That will be what it takes to get CLE to deal Quinn though. Probably a 3rd.

WSH usually likes dealing picks away. Make it happen :D

nobody wants quinn

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-11-2009, 10:41 AM
I would take him over WSH QB now.

Thecollegedropout
10-11-2009, 10:42 AM
nobody wants quinn
There were talks of DEN/CLE in a Quinn and Rogers for Cutler deal......

MIN also had interest in Quinn and or Anderson too.

There's interest, just teams don't want to pay a HIGH price for him.

Babylon
10-11-2009, 12:34 PM
I'd trade A.J. Hawk (or utilize him better) somewhere for an OL.

NIN1984
10-11-2009, 12:45 PM
According to Jay Glazer of FOX, the Raiders have been calling around the league and generally offering anyone in which other franchises might be interested.

So the Raiders are willing to trade anyone but Nnamdi Asomugha I'm guessing.

Babylon
10-11-2009, 12:52 PM
According to Jay Glazer of FOX, the Raiders have been calling around the league and generally offering anyone in which other franchises might be interested.

So the Raiders are willing to trade anyone but Nnamdi Asomugha I'm guessing.

Normally a GM wouldnt say that because it means he's done a crappy job of accumulating talent. then you have Al Davis.

Flyboy
10-11-2009, 01:34 PM
I'd take Thomas Howard on the Saints.

I could see the Browns shipping Quinn out... Carolina perhaps?

vidae
10-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm watching for Dwayne Bowe to St. Louis.. Or another significant WR.

Why would we trade our best receiving threat on a team that has no offensive weapons?

Shiver
10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Jay Glazer said that the Raiders are calling teams to tell them that a fire sale is on. Time to get your Raiders!

vidae
10-11-2009, 04:25 PM
The Chiefs will take Robert Gallery to play RG!

Crickett
10-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I'd take Richard Seymour or Michael Huff for the Jets. Even though Jim Leonhard has done a pretty good job. Rex Ryan wouldn't though and its just as well as the Jets have nil for trade ammo at this point.

Shiver
10-11-2009, 05:21 PM
The Seymour trade looks ridiculous now.

Monomach
10-11-2009, 06:21 PM
The Seymour trade looks ridiculous now.

The Seymour trade has looked ridiculous since it happened.

Monomach
10-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Jay Glazer said that the Raiders are calling teams to tell them that a fire sale is on. Time to get your Raiders!

Bears offer a 4th for Bush. Make it happen, Jerry Angelo!

HawkeyeFan
10-12-2009, 05:16 PM
*Prays for Bowe*

I'm still hoping! Dwayne Bowe to St. Louis, it makes too much sense! Make it happen Deaveny!

Splat
10-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm still hoping! Dwayne Bowe to St. Louis, it makes too much sense! Make it happen Deaveny!

You can hope all you want but it won't happen there has been no talk what so ever of Bowe going any where the plan is to bulid around Cassel and Bowe is the first piece.

HawkeyeFan
10-12-2009, 05:32 PM
You can hope all you want but it won't happen there has been no talk what so ever of Bowe going any where the plan is to bulid around Cassel and Bowe is the first piece.
According to Adam Schefter, the only "untouchables" are Matt Cassell and Tyson Jackson.

Splat
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
According to Adam Schefter, the only "untouchables" are Matt Cassell and Tyson Jackson.

And you take that as Bowe is on the block?

Good luck with that.

HawkeyeFan
10-12-2009, 05:37 PM
And you take that as Bowe is on the block?

Good luck with that.
No, I'm taking what Shefter said, he also said in that that KC said if a good enough offer comes along that they'd trade him.

Bengalsrocket
10-12-2009, 06:11 PM
No, I'm taking what Shefter said, he also said in that that KC said if a good enough offer comes along that they'd trade him.

link? because I find it hard to believe you trade away your youngest, most talented, best producing target for your QB.

vidae
10-12-2009, 06:13 PM
*Prays for Bowe*

Why does that make sense at all?

Saying it makes "too much sense" for it to happen would mean it's obvious, but I honestly have no idea where you're getting this from.

CC.SD
10-12-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm torn between wanting the Bolts to make a move to replace the ridiculous loss of Jamal Williams, and recognizing that the D is so horrible that it would be better to keep all the picks and make a run at rebuilding the whole damn thing next year. Oy.

T-RICH49
I give the chance of a Bowe trad of happening at -100%

Bengalsrocket
Why does that make sense at all?

Saying it makes "too much sense" for it to happen would mean it's obvious, but I honestly have no idea where you're getting this from.

Seems like he's trying to justify his fantasy into a reality. It makes absolutely no sense to me either.

CC.SD
10-12-2009, 06:16 PM
I give the chance of a Bowe trad of happening at -100%

Well sir, that is no chance at all.

HawkeyeFan
10-12-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't have a direct link because it was from his twitter over a week ago.

Here's the actual quote:
“… If a team out there made a good offer for Bowe, he would be gone tomorrow” Adam Schefter told ESPN on Thursday. Schefter would also go on to add that “Like I said, outside of [Matt] Cassel and [Tyson] Jackson, there’s no Chief who can’t be had for the right price. New regimes like their own players; this is not something new to Haley and Scott Pioli. This is a universal truth.”

Saints-Tigers
10-12-2009, 06:20 PM
I'd take Thomas Howard on the Saints.

I could see the Browns shipping Quinn out... Carolina perhaps?

Thomas Howard, Michael Bush if they are coming off him for cheap... they have a few players the Saints could look at, but I don't see us making a move.

vidae
10-12-2009, 06:23 PM
No, I get the fact that he could be traded. I think it's highly unlikely, but I see how he COULD be.. what confuses me is why you think Bowe to St. Louis makes "too much sense" not to do.

Ravens1991
10-12-2009, 06:25 PM
what CBs and WRs would you think teams would give up? I would love for us to do something like that, trade for a veteran CB/WR that is still in there 20s

HawkeyeFan
10-12-2009, 06:26 PM
No, I get the fact that he could be traded. I think it's highly unlikely, but I see how he COULD be.. what confuses me is why you think Bowe to St. Louis makes "too much sense" not to do.
I'm not talking on the Chiefs part. I'm talking the Rams.

The Rams are getting younger on offense, and next year will be looking at a franchise QB and maybe another WR. But if the Rams were to trade our 2nd round pick and future picks for a young receiver, not even in his prime that has great size, speed, hands and route running along with potential. That'd be huge for a team that's rebuilding and missing a dominate receiver.

I'd rather 2nd some picks your way on a proven, yet young receiver with loads of potential than take a shot in the dark at a receiver in the draft that hasn't played a down.

The Rams are backed up cap wise, and I believe Bowe's 2009 salary is only something like $950k, which we could afford.

Splat
10-12-2009, 06:26 PM
You lost me at twitter.

HawkeyeFan
10-12-2009, 06:27 PM
You lost me at twitter.
It was Adam Schefters personal twitter that reported it.

umphrey
10-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Some Packer fans want to trade Kampman but I don't think the front office does. He's not helping the team much at all this year.

RaiderNation
10-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Can we trade Al Davis for some1? That would be great.

I really hope we dont get rid of the solid pieces we have unless others over pay for them.

T-RICH49
10-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Well sir, that is no chance at all.

very true good sir

Splat
10-12-2009, 06:31 PM
The only "name" player I could see the Chiefs trading mid season is Derrick Johnson who is in the last year of his deal doesn't really fit the system and has been in the dog house.

HawkeyeFan
10-12-2009, 06:32 PM
The only "name" player I could see the Chiefs trading mid season is Derrick Johnson who is in the last year of his deal doesn't really fit the system and has been in the dog house.
SLB in a 4 - 3?

dabears10
10-12-2009, 06:33 PM
what CBs and WRs would you think teams would give up? I would love for us to do something like that, trade for a veteran CB/WR that is still in there 20s

NATHAN VASHER???? Oh, no one wants Vasher.

Splat
10-12-2009, 06:34 PM
SLB in a 4 - 3?

He has played both weak and strong as well as some MLB very little but he has done it I think his best fit is the weak side.

HawkeyeFan
10-12-2009, 06:35 PM
He has played both weak and strong as well as a little MLB very little but he has done it I think his best fit is the weak side.
That's the best ****** news I've heard all day! :(

Splat
10-12-2009, 06:38 PM
I would not be shocked one bit to see DJ traded I'm guessing the asking price would be a 2nd but I bet he could be had for a 3rd and a later pick or player.

Dam8610
10-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Any decent LTs on the market? Peyton Manning could use some blindside protection. I wonder what Tarik Glenn is doing these days...

vidae
10-12-2009, 06:41 PM

Fits the system better than Demorrio Williams ever will.

Splat
10-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Fits the system better than Demorrio Williams ever will.

That may be true but you have to admit it looks like DJ is not in the Chiefs long term plans and if not I would rather get a pick or two then just let him walk.

vidae
10-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Yeah I guess you're right. Rather get something than nothing. He really should be starting over Williams though.

Smooth Criminal
10-12-2009, 06:51 PM
According to Glazer, the Raiders are looking to trade Nnandi. If a contender picks up a talent like that, it'll turn into a massive pickup.

CC.SD
10-12-2009, 06:55 PM
According to Glazer, the Raiders are looking to trade Nnandi. If a contender picks up a talent like that, it'll turn into a massive pickup.

Didn't he sign the massive deal THIS offseason? That would be one helluva cap hit, but obviously great for whoever picks him up. Any other team this scenario is beyond the realm of possibility.

Smooth Criminal
10-12-2009, 06:57 PM
The contract he signed is absolutley enormous. I doubt theres many teams that could fit it under the cap.

The Pats should offer a 4th rounder.

Splat
10-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Fins, Browns almost swapped Brown, Edwards (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/12/fins-browns-almost-swapped-brown-edwards/)

A Perfect Score
10-12-2009, 07:10 PM

GO! OZZIE! GO!

Depending on the contract, Id love for the Ravens to offer something for him. Not sure what it would be though, Im not even sure what the Raiders asking price would be.

What was his contract like anyways? Wouldnt the Raiders have to absorb some of that contract if they move him so soon after the signing? Hmmm.

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2009, 07:30 PM
According to schefters twitter:

Last April, Dolphins and Browns discussed trade that would have sent Braylon Edwards to Miami and Ronnie Brown to Cleveland.

so it was around draft time

BufFan71
10-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I would not be shocked one bit to see DJ traded I'm guessing the asking price would be a 2nd but I bet he could be had for a 3rd and a later pick or player.

how about a 3rd and Roscoe Parrish?

Splat
10-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Fins, Browns almost swapped Brown, Edwards (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/12/fins-browns-almost-swapped-brown-edwards/)

Last April, Dolphins and Browns discussed trade that would have sent Braylon Edwards to Miami and Ronnie Brown to Cleveland.

From the "What Grinds Your Gears" thread.

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang
when people dont read threads and just post

Your so busted... :)

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2009, 08:09 PM
From the "What Grinds Your Gears" thread.

Your so busted... :)
busted of what? he wasnt mentioned at all in the thread, and for all those that didnt read the link i just posted that it was back in april, the offseason is long. It was around draft time

Splat
10-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I all ready posted about the Braylon Edwards to Miami for Ronnie Brown swap that never went down and then you posted it two posts later.

Its not a big deal at all just giving you a hard time.

aNYtitan
10-12-2009, 10:11 PM

Damn, I know Titans fans are looking for a shut down corner to play opposite of Finnegan, but a first rounder ain't happening unless we wind up not picking in the top 10. We also got the cap space to do this move. Interested I must say.

Flyboy
10-13-2009, 01:04 AM

The Saints would give you a 4th rounder for him and some cheesecake.

Raiderz4Life
10-13-2009, 01:26 AM
If we trade any of the following players....I'll become an Eagle fan 100% not just part time

1.Nnamdi 2. Howard 3. Kirk

i think thats it

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2009, 01:52 AM
I all ready posted about the Braylon Edwards to Miami for Ronnie Brown swap that never went down and then you posted it two posts later.

Its not a big deal at all just giving you a hard time.
i knew you posted it, i just wanted to clarify that it was back in April :P

Splat
10-13-2009, 09:59 AM

I would have to think that over if I was the Chiefs.

The Saints would give you a 4th rounder for him and some cheesecake.

No...

LizardState
10-13-2009, 10:08 AM
I think Dallas should give Flozell Adams his Trade Notice paperwork. Or pink slip.
Or walking papers.

It would cut their obscene no. of penalties per game by at least 1/3rd. He is the most overrated overpaid OT in FB.

Splat
10-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Its official.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

"Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan/) linebacker Derrick Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players?type=lastname&first=1&query=Derrick+Johnson&q=Derrick+Johnson) is apparently on the trading block (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tavern-talk-A-win-for-Vikki-Zimmer.html), according to the National Football Post. The 2005 first-round pick hasn't been playing very much this season.

He's getting toward the end of a five-year deal that pays him $10.4 million."

Brent
10-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Niners have a ton of cap room, and an extra 1st... and Dre Bly is a ****-up... Doubt they even consider it though.

vidae
10-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Its official.

"Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan/) linebacker Derrick Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players?type=lastname&first=1&query=Derrick+Johnson&q=Derrick+Johnson) is apparently on the trading block (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tavern-talk-A-win-for-Vikki-Zimmer.html), according to the National Football Post. The 2005 first-round pick hasn't been playing very much this season.

Argghhhh. Stupid Haley. Bleh.

A Perfect Score
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
I always thought DJ would be a stud. One of my fave players from that class. I know he had some issues getting off blocks early in his career, but I thought he was well past that and had been playing well. Just a scheme change and disagreements with Haley?

redbills
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM

Bills should be selling not buying.
I'd trade Parrish for any pick, even a 7th. T.O for nothing less than a 5th. We are done get some picks.

Go_Eagles77
10-13-2009, 11:31 AM
According to Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post, the Eagles and Steelers will make Kevin Curtis and Limas Sweed available for trade this week.
The trade deadline is October 20. Lombardi also mentions Chiefs ILB Derrick Johnson as a player that potentially is available. A Curtis trade would move first-round pick Jeremy Maclin into the Eagles' starting lineup indefinitely, but the veteran's knee injury and contract will make him hard to move.

Curtis and a pick for Derrick Johnson?

Splat
10-13-2009, 11:36 AM
I always thought DJ would be a stud. One of my fave players from that class. I know he had some issues getting off blocks early in his career, but I thought he was well past that and had been playing well. Just a scheme change and disagreements with Haley?

That and he is in the last year of his deal and they don't have him in their long term plans.

The guy has All Pro talent but four and half seasons in he has yet to put it to use on a consistent basis.

HawkeyeFan
10-13-2009, 12:09 PM
What's his contract amount this year (Derrick Johnson)?

gpngc
10-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Some names I heard...

T.O. (possibly to the Bears)
Marshawn Lynch- Seattle is a good fit.
Michael Bush- Seattle or Cleveland makes sense.
Shawne Merriman (drafted English, A.J. Smith has apparently soured on him big time).

I think we'll see at least one semi-big deal this deadline.

Most expect the 2010 draft to be extremely rich because of the prospect of a rookie wage scale afterward and there are so many teams clearly out of it so early in the season that it should be a busier trading season than in most other years.

The bad teams are so bad that there really may be some sellers like we see at the deadline in baseball season.

HawkeyeFan
10-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Few Rams that I could see moved:

DE Leonard Little
- Perfect rusher for a team that looks to make a big playoff push.

DE/DT Victor Adeyanju
- Better suited in a 3 - 4.

TE Randy McMichael
- With the emergence of TE Daniel Fells, McMichaels role with be diminishing and would be a nice fit for a team who needs TE help and is in the running for playoffs.

Splat
10-13-2009, 12:54 PM
What's his contract amount this year (Derrick Johnson)?

I'm not sure but I know its nothing crazy.

HawkeyeFan
10-13-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure but I know its nothing crazy.
You think Spagnuolo could do some good work for him? And what are the Chiefs looking for?

He'd play SLB for us, but I like this idea
WLB Will Witherspoon
MLB James Laurinaits
SLB Derrick Johnson

G-Men88
10-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Its official.

we'll do it for a 3rd

bigbluedefense
10-13-2009, 01:22 PM
we'll do it for a 3rd

i doubt it. we just drafted Clint Sintim to play SAM for us and Danny Clark has done an admirable job at SAM the past 2 years in his old age.

If anything, we'd be looking for a future MIKE, not SAM. but even then, I doubt it bc I think management likes Goff and would rather draft a MIKE then shop for one.

I can see us shipping out Sinorice Moss. Maybe going after a DT.

Maybe a safety. Chances are we do nothing.

Splat
10-13-2009, 01:29 PM
You think Spagnuolo could do some good work for him? And what are the Chiefs looking for?

He'd play SLB for us, but I like this idea
WLB Will Witherspoon
MLB James Laurinaits
SLB Derrick Johnson

I think he can still be a great playing with the right system and coaching.

As for what they want I don't know my guess would be that they want a 2nd but I think a 3rd plus a later pick is more realistic.

HawkeyeFan
10-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I think he can still be a great playing with the right system and coaching.

As for what they want I don't know my guess would be that they want a 2nd but I think a 3rd plus a later pick is more realistic.
Thanks for the information, I can now only pray and hope the Rams look into a move like this.

*crosses fingers*

bigbluedefense
10-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Spags won't trade for a SAM.

Its such an irrelevant position in his system, he won't trade picks for it. If he did, it would be for a guy who can play Joker, like a hybrid standup DE of the likes of Gocong, Sintim etc.

He doesn't use a traditional SAM, or doesn't prefer it at least.

He doesn't value OLBs very high in that system anyway. Its all about your dline and secondary.

Don't expect any LB moves.

HawkeyeFan
10-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Spags won't trade for a SAM.

Its such an irrelevant position in his system, he won't trade picks for it. If he did, it would be for a guy who can play Joker, like a hybrid standup DE of the likes of Gocong, Sintim etc.

He doesn't use a traditional SAM, or doesn't prefer it at least.

He doesn't value OLBs very high in that system anyway. Its all about your dline and secondary.

Don't expect any LB moves.
What about Shawn Merriman? :)

bigbluedefense
10-13-2009, 01:44 PM
What about Shawn Merriman? :)

I could see him as a 4-3 DE sure.

Not a 4-3 SAM though :p

And theyd need a lot of money to poney up for him.

Merriman and Long on the edges though? WIN.

Thats gonna cost you a 1st easily though.

vidae
10-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I seriously doubt we trade him for Kevin Curtis.

And I don't think he's a bad fit scheme wise, personally. I think he could be a good ILB in the 3-4, he'd just be a lot better in the 4-3. All the talent in the world but never quite lived up to his billing, but a lot of that, imo, has to do with the fact that we've had little to no talent around him before this year and now he's not starting.

HawkeyeFan
10-13-2009, 01:50 PM
I could see him as a 4-3 DE sure.

Not a 4-3 SAM though :p

And theyd need a lot of money to poney up for him.

Merriman and Long on the edges though? WIN.

Thats gonna cost you a 1st easily though.
Yeah, it's not going to happen. I sure wish though!

EDIT: The Redskins are shopping 25 year old, 6'6" 330lb DT Anthony Montgomery for a late round draft pick. What's the deal with him?

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Some names I heard...

T.O. (possibly to the Bears)
Marshawn Lynch- Seattle is a good fit.
Michael Bush- Seattle or Cleveland makes sense.
Shawne Merriman (drafted English, A.J. Smith has apparently soured on him big time).

I think we'll see at least one semi-big deal this deadline.

Most expect the 2010 draft to be extremely rich because of the prospect of a rookie wage scale afterward and there are so many teams clearly out of it so early in the season that it should be a busier trading season than in most other years.

The bad teams are so bad that there really may be some sellers like we see at the deadline in baseball season.
TO to the bears? what?

found this on adam schefters twitter (btw i love his twitter)

NO. Don't expect Buff to deal him at all. RT @Franchise23: @Adam_Schefter Adam you think CHI has the best chance at landing T.O.??

Splat
10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
I really don't think there would be much of a market for T.O.

SFbear
10-13-2009, 03:29 PM
The T.O. to Chicago thing just started out as Adam Schefter thinking out loud on his twitter in a "Hmm wouldn't that be interesting" kind of way. Jerry Angelo has been very anti TO in the past and I don't expect that to change when our young receivers are actually getting things done and showing promise for the future.

diabsoule
10-13-2009, 04:08 PM
I would not be upset at all if the Saints traded for either Roscoe Parrish or Derrick Johnson or both. Derrick Johnson playing SAM next to Jonathan Vilma would be awesome.

LizardState
10-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal

According to Glazer, the Raiders are looking to trade Nnamdi. If a contender picks up a talent like that, it'll turn into a massive pickup.
Niners have a ton of cap room, and an extra 1st... and Dre Bly is a ****-up... Doubt they even consider it though.

Asomugha is way to pricey, he's a legit Pro Bowler & Al Davis will want a 1st & a CB. I'd love it if the 9ers swindled him & Asomugha moved across the Bay for Dre Bly, who has too much mileage on him, & their own 1st next yr b/c Carolina's 1st looks to be a lot earlier pick next April & a keeper.

Speaking of trade bait ****-ups, Merriman in SD still has that ? over his head about full recovery from his knee injury & the whole slapping Tila Tequila around PR nightmare, AJ Smith would love to move him, but his pricetag would be as high or higher than Asomugha's. Smith & Merriman are a marriage made in hell, I think Merriman stays put & Smith will find a reason to release him this offseason. Isnt Merriman in a contract yr. though?

CC.SD
10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Unless there's no CBA. If that's true Merriman will be a RFA, otherwise yah he's in his last year.

Chargers have traded Clinton Hart for FA Ian Scott.

Rosebud
10-14-2009, 01:17 PM
I just thought about what our D would look like if we traded Ross and a first for Aso, yeah, I've got wood. Best set of corners in the league by far with the best DL, we could win the superbowl even if teams start stopping our passing game by doubling Smith and bringing heat.

Splat
10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
The more I think about it the more I think the Chiefs will be making a move it might not be a "big time" trade they seem to be wanting as many draft picks as they can get.

Mr. Goosemahn
10-14-2009, 02:46 PM
This appeared on Sports Illustrated. Don't know if it's already been posted before:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/john_lopez/10/14/trades/#ixzz0Tw7SwiPB

It's going on six weeks into the NFL season and a whopping nine teams still have no more than one victory.

Some two-win teams are not exactly storming toward a playoff push, either. I'm talking to you, Seahawks, Redskins and Texans. The separation of haves and have-nots has come early in 2009 ... could Christmas come early, too?

The NFL trade deadline, which comes Tuesday, is tempting teams with many luscious possibilities. Sure, there are built-in difficulties making in-season NFL trades. Namely, the NFL salary cap, the early date of the trade deadline, terminology issues and teams' unwillingness to move draft picks all make in-season trades risky and rare.

Teams would much rather deal in the offseason, when they know much more about free agents, the draft class and overall team needs. Nothing illustrated the potential explosive dangers of dealing in-season than what happened 20-years ago this month, when the Minnesota Vikings in essence dealt three Super Bowl titles to the Cowboys for Herschel Walker.

Still, this year is different. Bad teams are desperate to build for the future. Good teams are desperate to add that one ingredient that could turn into magic. Already, the Jets have acquired a game-breaker in Braylon Edwards from Cleveland in exchange for a couple of players and a pair of prime draft picks. Rumors are swirling in Buffalo and Chicago about a potential landscape-changing deal involving Terrell Owens. Underachieving mid-tier teams like the Cowboys, Packers and Cardinals are in need of a jolt.

So let's look at some deals that make sense. Some are based on reports of players potentially on the move. Others likely won't happen, but sure do make sense.

• Bengals T Anthony Collins for Packers DE Aaron Kampman

Talk about a trade that makes sense. This would solve some severe issues on both sides of the deal.

The popular Packers end, Kampman, is miscast in Dom Capers' 3-4 defense. When he played end in a 4-3 -- which the Bengals play -- Kampman was a Pro Bowl player who racked up huge sack numbers. Since switching to linebacker in the 3-4, he has just one sack.

Meanwhile, the Bengals obviously find themselves in a unique position of being able to make a big run. They need help on the defensive line, pressuring the quarterback, and Kampman would bring great professionalism and class to the club. It could be a big-time, fate-changing type move for the Bengals.

As for the Packers, they are having big issues protecting quarterback Aaron Rodgers. He simply does not have the time to get the ball to game-breaking receiver Greg Jennings, who has just 11 catches.

Jennings normally is not one to bark and howl like a T.O. or Chad Ochocinco, but said this week, "When I'm in the meeting and I'm looking at myself running wide open and I'm not getting the opportunity, yes, I am [mad]."

Collins would be a loss to the Bengals' line, but just how big of one? The Bengals already were showing a preference to versatile second-year lineman Dennis Roland, rotating him with Collins. Also, underachieving first-round draft pick Andre Smith is improving rapidly from the broken foot that sidelined him and apparently Bengals coaches are getting favorable reports on his conditioning.

• Bills WR Terrell Owens to the Bears for a second-round draft pick

So, you want to be a contender, Chicago? It's going to cost you. Bears fans could argue for hours over whether T.O. would be worth a prime draft pick, but opportunities like this come along very rarely. Just as important, the NFC North -- specifically the Vikings -- are not going to come back to the pack.

Even if Owens has not been the same T.O. he was in the past, the simple fact is that on good teams he commands extra attention and opens things up for other facets of the game. T.O. has just 12 receptions through five games. He hasn't said it, but rest assured he'd be ecstatic to head to Chicago.

This T.O. trade talk has been a hot Internet rumor, but really it makes sense for both sides. The Bills are a train wreck and soon will have a new head coach.

New head coaches LOVE draft picks and hate egocentric, entitled problem children. This deal helps Buffalo on both fronts.

• Browns QB Brady Quinn for Titans QB Vince Young

Whaaaaa? Yeah, you heard me right. This would be much more than trading one guy who likes to go shirtless when he parties for another guy who likes to go shirtless when he parties. The beauty of this deal is much more than -- here it comes -- skin deep.

Tennessee has a core group of talent -- specifically a superb running game and very good defense -- that one season ago went 13-3. Kerry Collins is on his last legs and VY is a quarterback who can only use his legs. It's clear Jeff Fisher and the Titans staff have exactly ZERO confidence in VY.

The same is true for Quinn in Cleveland. Head coach Eric Mangini gave Quinn a legit chance to win the job and Quinn never did a whole lot to make the decision for Mangini. But there are coaches and scouts who believe Quinn truly does have the skill set and potential to be a good NFL quarterback. Put him in a solid environment, surrounded by quality coaches and good complementary talent and he could make plays. That's Tennessee.

As for VY, a move to Cleveland would offer Mangini a nice Wildcat-type threat for the future and other options with Young on the field. Mangini already has proved he's willing to make the bold trade and he could be just the disciplinarian-type that VY needs. And make no mistake, the Browns still would draft a quarterback in 2010. VY would be an expensive role-player next year, but his cap number is roughly the same as Quinn's and his contract would be much less moving forward.

• Ravens DT Brandon McKinney and a late-round draft pick for Texans DB Dunta Robinson

The Ravens defense isn't nearly what it used to be. There remains star power with Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata and Ray Lewis, but the production has faltered. Two of the Ravens' wins have come against lowly Kansas City and Cleveland. The reason for the slip is a secondary that is in shambles.

Meanwhile, Dunta Robinson is wearing out his welcome in Houston, despite Pro Bowl talent. He whined about being franchised to the tune of $9.95 million this year. Robinson still has not yet recaptured the ferocious tackling ability he had before a 2007 knee injury. A change of scenery would do him well and pick up the Ravens' secondary.

The Texans, on the other hand, have been looking for some kind of run-stopping, two-gap big body tackle since their inception in 2002. McKinney would fit the mold, is still young and would free play-making linebackers DeMeco Ryans and Brian Cushing and end Mario Williams.

• Chiefs OLB Derrick Johnson for Steelers WR Limas Sweed

One player in the doghouse for another in the doghouse? Yup.

Both Johnson and Sweed clearly are on the block. The Steelers have seen enough of Sweed and are in the market more for a defensive end than a linebacker, considering Wednesday's news that defensive end Aaron Smith is out for the year with a shoulder injury.

Sweed is still young, however, and the rebuilding Chiefs' braintrust of GM Scott Pioli and head coach Todd Haley know a thing or two about rehabilitating the games of wide receivers. Ultimately, Sweed could be a good fit for quarterback Matt Cassel and a team in dire need of help at receiver.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has made it clear that he's not exactly sure how his club will fill the void left by Smith's injury. He called it defensive end by committee. Clearly, there will be situations when an athletic pass-rusher like Johnson could help, even if it's not at defensive end.

scottyboy
10-14-2009, 02:50 PM
i'd love for the Giants to trade for Keith Bulluck. He's on the last year of his contract, give the Titans a pick and you know what? I freakin' LOVE Bulluck and want him here <3

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-14-2009, 03:01 PM
I would take Dunta in Baltimore...............I would much rather get Asomugah(spelling) but he is WAY to expensive. I really don't see us doing much of anything but you never know

T-RICH49
10-14-2009, 03:19 PM
tDJ for Sweed straight up is horrible.better be a draft pick coming back as well

MetSox17
10-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Sports Illustrated is ********.

vikes_28
10-14-2009, 03:26 PM
I don't see VY for Quinn strait up happening... Come on SI, this isn't Madden.

RaiderNation
10-14-2009, 03:27 PM
I hope if we give up Asomugha we get a few picks and a player.

CC.SD
10-14-2009, 03:32 PM
I hope if we give up Asomugha we get a few picks and a player.

Should be more concerned about trading Seymour before he walks after this year and you lose the 2011 first rounder for nothing.

RaiderNation
10-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Should be more concerned about trading Seymour before he walks after this year and you lose the 2011 first rounder for nothing.

Franchise Tag is a great thing

CC.SD
10-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Franchise Tag is a great thing

That's true but I think there's serious drama on the horizon if that's what pans out. Long term deal needs to get hammered out.

Gay Ork Wang
10-14-2009, 03:44 PM
that just made me dumber

CC.SD
10-14-2009, 03:47 PM
that just made me dumber

It makes sense if you stare at my avi for a while.

Gay Ork Wang
10-14-2009, 03:51 PM
It makes sense if you stare at my avi for a while.
i meant the SI Article

CC.SD
10-14-2009, 03:56 PM
i meant the SI Article

I contend that my post remains relevant. You may have to stare for quite a while though.

D-Unit
10-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I want Shawne Merriman opposite of Demarcus Ware in Big D.

CC.SD
10-14-2009, 04:03 PM
I want Shawne Merriman opposite of Demarcus Ware in Big D.

I don't think he gets moved...his value could not be lower right now. He's just not moving well.

D-Unit
10-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't think he gets moved...his value could not be lower right now. He's just not moving well.
You're right. He could always be traded at the end of the season.

He wouldn't come to Dallas anyways. Jerry will outsmart himself in thinking that it would be a bad move. lol

MetSox17
10-14-2009, 04:55 PM
You're right. He could always be traded at the end of the season.

He wouldn't come to Dallas anyways. Jerry will outsmart himself in thinking that it would be a bad move. lol

Jerry outsmarted Bill when he took Ware, didn't he? ;)

vidae
10-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Not a huge fan of Limas Sweed but we do need help at WR. I don't see DJ for Sweed being exactly even or fair but eh.

Splat
10-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Not a huge fan of Limas Sweed but we do need help at WR. I don't see DJ for Sweed being exactly even or fair but eh.

That trade is not going down SI is a joke if any thing it would be Sweed and a draft pick no way just a swap.

bearsfan_51
10-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I'm sure we're going to trade a 2nd round pick for a guy we din't even attempt to sign when almost nobody else wanted him. That makes a lot of sense.

sweetness34
10-14-2009, 05:30 PM
If we give up a 2nd Rounder for T.O. I am going to ******* murder someone. Maybe a middle-round pick but since we don't have a 1st Rounder next year, trading away a 2nd for a guy who is on the downside of his career is ********.

TitanHope
10-14-2009, 06:25 PM
i'd love for the Giants to trade for Keith Bulluck. He's on the last year of his contract, give the Titans a pick and you know what? I freakin' LOVE Bulluck and want him here <3

Y'know, if it meant giving Keith a chance at a ring, I'd be fine with moving him to New York. He deserves that opportunity.

scottyboy
10-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Y'know, if it meant giving Keith a chance at a ring, I'd be fine with moving him to New York. He deserves that opportunity.

I agree, I mean prior to this season, he had an excellent chance. Idk, i just love him. I mean, I shouldn't because he's a 'cuse guy but my lord I love the guy. But I'd hate to take him from you guys...but not really haha

Scotty D
10-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Think anyone would trade for Daunte?

Ravens1991
10-14-2009, 07:00 PM
There have been rumors the Ravens are looking 4 a number 3/4 WR. If thats true I will go insane, just stop beating around the bush, fix the freaking problem get Flacco a true #1.

D-Unit
10-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Jerry outsmarted Bill when he took Ware, didn't he? ;)
No, Jeff Ireland did. Duh.

TitanHope
10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
I agree, I mean prior to this season, he had an excellent chance. Idk, i just love him. I mean, I shouldn't because he's a 'cuse guy but my lord I love the guy. But I'd hate to take him from you guys...but not really haha

Howzabout we trade ya'll Bulluck for a 2010 5th RD pick. He plays for the Giants this season, and, obviously, ya'll now go on to win the Super Bowl. Keith gets his ring, Giants get their 2nd championship in 3 years, and ScottyBoyRU gets to enjoy a magical season with Bulluck and a title.

Then, Bulluck becomes a FA, and the Titans sign him back!!! :D

Who loses? Honestly? That's a win-win-epic win for everyone!

This whole GM thing really isn't that hard. :cool:

scottyboy
10-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Howzabout we trade ya'll Bulluck for a 2010 5th RD pick. He plays for the Giants this season, and, obviously, ya'll now go on to win the Super Bowl. Keith gets his ring, Giants get their 2nd championship in 3 years, and ScottyBoyRU gets to enjoy a magical season with Bulluck and a title.

Then, Bulluck becomes a FA, and the Titans sign him back!!! :D

Who loses? Honestly? That's a win-win-epic win for everyone!

This whole GM thing really isn't that hard. :cool:

that's the best idea I have ever heard, like really. I love ya Danny Clark, but
Boley-Pierce-Bulluck behind our Dline? oh my pants explosion!

Brodeur
10-14-2009, 09:44 PM

No but the Cowboys will give up a 1st, 4th, 6th for Bryant Johnson.

BlindSite
10-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Interesting Concept, he imploded along with everyone under Cameron in Miami, but he's not exactly been terrible in Detroit. Putting him behind a strong line with good RBs could help, but I doubt anyone is willing to give more than a late second day pick or older vet for a 30+ QB with knee issues and I doubt Detroit would give up their primary backup with a young QB at the helm in his first NFL season for much less than a first day pick or at least solid player.

Scotty D
10-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Interesting Concept, he imploded along with everyone under Cameron in Miami, but he's not exactly been terrible in Detroit. Putting him behind a strong line with good RBs could help, but I doubt anyone is willing to give more than a late second day pick or older vet for a 30+ QB with knee issues and I doubt Detroit would give up their primary backup with a young QB at the helm in his first NFL season for much less than a first day pick or at least solid player.

Especially with Stafford's recent knee injury they probably won't deal him away, he's more valuable to us right now. He probably does have a little value though. What about a place like Tampa? Or has Josh Johnson not been the problem? oh well.

BlindSite
10-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Johnson is coming along quite well all things considered and I think he'll bring some serious trade bait if they eventually do decide to go with Freeman, he's looking more and more like a legit dual threat QB.

Not many landing spots now per se, since there hasn't been a huge QB injury this year that hasn't been readily filled, what with Henne coming through nicely.

Monomach
10-15-2009, 05:29 AM
That SI article makes me feel dumber just for having read it.

Yeah, like Buffalo is going to get a 2nd rounder for TO.

HawkeyeFan
10-15-2009, 11:27 AM
It's quite funny to read that Steven Jackson is a potential player to be traded... Uh uh! Not going to happen. You don't build your team around a 26 year old Pro Bowl RB and then trade him midseason.

Scotty D
10-15-2009, 01:22 PM
It's quite funny to read that Steven Jackson is a potential player to be traded... Uh uh! Not going to happen. You don't build your team around a 26 year old Pro Bowl RB and then trade him midseason.

I think the Rams should look into it. I wouldn't want my team built around a RB.

CC.SD
10-15-2009, 01:40 PM
I think the Rams should look into it. I wouldn't want my team built around a RB.

I don't agree with your second point because I think it can work out, but by the time the Rams are done rebuilding/somewhat ready for primetime, Jackson won't be in his prime and will have been pretty much wasted. They should move him and kick this program in the ass, maybe it will help make up for the Chris Long pick snaaaap.

scottyboy
10-15-2009, 02:41 PM
the Rams have so many needs, if they got good value for SJax, then why not? What's a good RB with a horrid OL?

granted he's their franchise guy right now and an NFL calibur OL with Avery could be something in a few years...but still

HawkeyeFan
10-15-2009, 02:46 PM
The Dolphins are reportedly showing interest in Browns KR/PR Josh Cribbs.

So, we take a HUGE step back and trade a franchsie RB? When we don't even have a Franchise QB or great WR? It makes no sense to make yourself incredibly thin at all your skill positions on offense.

CC.SD
10-15-2009, 02:47 PM
the Rams have so many needs, if they got good value for SJax, then why not? What's a good RB with a horrid OL?

granted he's their franchise guy right now and an NFL calibur OL with Avery could be something in a few years...but still

Yeah but to make that click you need an NFL quarterback too, and those usually take a little while to come around. Definitely better off dealing Jackson.

Xenos
10-15-2009, 02:51 PM
God, I hope Merriman doesn't get traded, especially to the Patriots. That would be idiotic beyond belief.

scottyboy
10-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Yeah but to make that click you need an NFL quarterback too, and those usually take a little while to come around. Definitely better off dealing Jackson.

well this too. I'm projecting they can nab a nice young OL or a fairly high first rounder. I kinda assumed they nab one of the top QBs in the draft: a Bradford, Locker, hell, McCoy or Clausen, who knows?

It has potential to be a nice QB and OL draft in the 1st.

And how many RB's were found in the later rounds? Go through the starting NFL RB's and count how many are not first rounders. I mean, the Giants are starting a 4th rounder and led in rushing by a 7th rounder. Now, they're helped out by our tremendous OL and we're a great scouting team.

The Rams are in full rebuild and like you said CC, by the time they're relevant again, Jackson will be out of his prime. I know he won't be moved, but if they could, this offseason, get a nice OL together with a young, franchise QB to work with Avery, they could be something. They're not gonna win with or without Jackson for another 2years at least.

bearsfan_51
So, we take a HUGE step back and trade a franchsie RB? When we don't even have a Franchise QB or great WR? It makes no sense to make yourself incredibly thin at all your skill positions on offense.
Huge step back from what? The Rams look worse than the Lions did last year.

PoopSandwich
If the Browns trade Josh Cribbs Cleveland will officially riot.

scottyboy
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM

winner winner chicken parm dinner. deal the RB now, build with QB and OL for the future. You get a first, draft a franchise OT and QB, nab a RB in later rounds.

Again, how stupid are they looking now for misusing and then dealing Leonard, who's making a nice impact over in Cincy, who's 4-1.

HawkeyeFan
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
If you watched the games, you'd see that we make strides each game. But we keep shooting ourselves in the foot with stupid turnovers and crappy penalties. We keep getting beat, yes. But our turnovers have just killed us.

CC.SD
10-15-2009, 02:57 PM
well this too. I'm projecting they can nab a nice young OL or a fairly high first rounder. I kinda assumed they nab one of the top QBs in the draft: a Bradford, Locker, hell, McCoy or Clausen, who knows?

It has potential to be a nice QB and OL draft in the 1st.

And how many RB's were found in the later rounds? Go through the starting NFL RB's and count how many are not first rounders. I mean, the Giants are starting a 4th rounder and led in rushing by a 7th rounder. Now, they're helped out by our tremendous OL and we're a great scouting team.

The Rams are in full rebuild and like you said CC, by the time they're relevant again, Jackson will be out of his prime. I know he won't be moved, but if they could, this offseason, get a nice OL together with a young, franchise QB to work with Avery, they could be something. They're not gonna win with or without Jackson for another 2years at least.

I agree, any outrage over Jackson getting traded has to be nullified by the fact that even with him they are truly abysmal and require a lot of work on both sides of the ball.

This draft is going to be something. Shaping up to have a nice set of QBs, real talent at the O-line, and something we don't see very often: a whole host of blue chippers at DT. Excellent, excellent setup for a team in full rebuilding mode, which is what the Rams (and a couple others actually) are. It's time to stockpile picks, there should definitely be some motion before the deadline.

bearsfan_51
10-15-2009, 02:58 PM
If you watched the games, you'd see that we make strides each game. But we keep shooting ourselves in the foot with stupid turnovers and crappy penalties. We keep getting beat, yes. But our turnovers have just killed us.
Dude, you've lost by 35 and 28 points the last two games. They're over by halftime. The Rams are awful, they'll be lucky to win 3 games this year.

scottyboy
10-15-2009, 02:59 PM
I agree, any outrage over Jackson getting traded has to be nullified by the fact that even with him they are truly abysmal and require a lot of work on both sides of the ball.

This draft is going to be something. Shaping up to have a nice set of QBs, real talent at the O-line, and something we don't see very often: a whole host of blue chippers at DT. Excellent, excellent setup for a team in full rebuilding mode, which is what the Rams (and a couple others actually) are. It's time to stockpile picks, there should definitely be some motion before the deadline.

exactly. I love this potential draft. You never see top heavy drafts with QB and OT's out there. It's a weak RB up top, but you know there will be some gems which falls on your scouting department. I know Spags will keep the Rams D above average at the very worst, just because he's freakin Spags.
it's the offense that the rams so direly need, which starts at good OL and QB play

dabears10
10-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Steven Jackson needs to be dealt for as many picks and young backups a team is willing to offer.

I'd use the St. Louis pick to get an OT and then try to get a 1st for Jackson to select a pass rusher. Those can be found in the later end of the 1st which is likely what you will get from a contender wanting Jackson. Little sucks but you should try to get him out of town for a 5th or anything really. Move Long to his correct end spot. I am not too familiar with any of the Rams, but anyone over the age of 26 should be on the trade wire for picks or younger players with pieces spags wants with his D.

Splat
10-15-2009, 03:27 PM

I agree.

I wish the Chiefs would have traded LJ when he had trade value instead of giving him that crazy deal.:(

HawkeyeFan
10-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Dude, you've lost by 35 and 28 points the last two games. They're over by halftime. The Rams are awful, they'll be lucky to win 3 games this year.
I didn't say that we were a good team, I said a lot of this has to do with the fact that we keep turning the ball over. In San Fransisco, 21 of the 35 points were points NOT given up by the defense.

Against Minnesota we fumbled the ball twice in the 5 yard line and through one interception.

I don't really like the talent in this draft at all. There aren't any spectacular QBs. All of them seem good, but not great, and don't have it. Not any great Tackles or Offensive Lineman, and no one that can really improve us A LOT.

scottyboy
10-15-2009, 08:23 PM
I didn't say that we were a good team, I said a lot of this has to do with the fact that we keep turning the ball over. In San Fransisco, 21 of the 35 points were points NOT given up by the defense.

Against Minnesota we fumbled the ball twice in the 5 yard line and through one interception.

I don't really like the talent in this draft at all. There aren't any spectacular QBs. All of them seem good, but not great, and don't have it. Not any great Tackles or Offensive Lineman, and no one that can really improve us A LOT.

wait...really? you're saying that and you're a member of an NFL draft site...wow...

and yea, it's not the D's fault, it's all the O because of the lack of an OL and QB. Your argument against us pretty much was an argument for us in why the Rams should take what they can for SJax now and build through the draft...

HawkeyeFan
10-15-2009, 08:39 PM
wait...really? you're saying that and you're a member of an NFL draft site...wow...

and yea, it's not the D's fault, it's all the O because of the lack of an OL and QB. Your argument against us pretty much was an argument for us in why the Rams should take what they can for SJax now and build through the draft...
Our largest need is a QB. And the only one(s) that intrigue me are Jake Locker and Sam Bradford. Of course it's pure opinion but the others just don't fondle me. The Offensive Lineman are decent, and yet it's too far to make an honest assessment. But none of them sound dominating to me. I'd really like to take Suh from Nebraska, but is a Top 10 pick to high for him? And what Wide Receivers are really coming out that can be top talents?

Yeah, the offensive line is struggling, the major problem on the line is Jacob Bell. Unfortunately he has a large contract or else John Greco would be playing, whose been dominating in times he's gotten in the game. And if Alex Barron could play every game like he did last week, he'd be an All Pro.

I just think it's foolish for us to trade him, when we'd be left with a HUGE hole at Running back. We'd have Samkon Gado, and Kenneth Darby. Really?

Splat
10-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Browns have no plans to trade Cribbs (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/15/browns-have-no-plans-to-trade-cribbs/)

CC.SD
10-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Our largest need is a QB. And the only one(s) that intrigue me are Jake Locker and Sam Bradford. Of course it's pure opinion but the others just don't fondle me. The Offensive Lineman are decent, and yet it's too far to make an honest assessment. But none of them sound dominating to me. I'd really like to take Suh from Nebraska, but is a Top 10 pick to high for him? And what Wide Receivers are really coming out that can be top talents?

Yeah, the offensive line is struggling, the major problem on the line is Jacob Bell. Unfortunately he has a large contract or else John Greco would be playing, whose been dominating in times he's gotten in the game. And if Alex Barron could play every game like he did last week, he'd be an All Pro.

I just think it's foolish for us to trade him, when we'd be left with a HUGE hole at Running back. We'd have Samkon Gado, and Kenneth Darby. Really?

Suh in the top 10 is definitely not a reach right now. Heck at this point in the process it's a steal.

HawkeyeFan
10-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Would he be a good 4 - 3 DT in a Spagnuolo scheme?

CC.SD
10-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Would he be a good 4 - 3 DT in a Spagnuolo scheme?

**** yes. He's a penetrator. Who can also fly.

diabsoule
10-15-2009, 10:42 PM
I wonder what the Bills would want for Roscoe Parrish.

Brodeur
10-15-2009, 10:50 PM
I wonder what the Bills would want for Roscoe Parrish.

Probably Future considerations. Maybe a 7th rounder at best.

SuperMcGee
10-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah, the $3+ million punt returner is all yours if you want him. He doesn't want to be here and he's definitely not on great terms with the fans or coaches.

WMD
10-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Drew Stanton for Roscoe Parrish!

bigbuc
10-16-2009, 01:31 AM
If your the Rams you keep Sjax... You draft your Qb with your top 3 pick. Then you start getting help for the Dline in round two because this draft is deep on the dline. You can't trade Sjax and leave your young QB with anyone to help them out. Look at the ATL last year, what if they said... No way to signing Turner to a 35 mill deal? Ryan wouldn't have been as good. Young QB's best friend... A running game! Keep Sjax, stay the way and next year this team will much better.

diabsoule
10-16-2009, 01:36 AM

I would do that deal in a heartbeat if I were the Saints.

Splat
10-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Javon Walker open to a trade (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/16/javon-walker-open-to-a-trade/)

I'm pretty sure their phone won't be ringing off the hook.

Gay Ork Wang
10-16-2009, 09:24 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&id=4563132

this is a lot better than the ******* SI thing. A conditional 4th would be okay in my eyes, but i wouldnt be a fan.

A Perfect Score
10-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Oh my. I would love Dwayne Bowe in a Ravens uni. I wouldnt be opposed to sending a 2nd and 5th for him either.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Oh my. I would love Dwayne Bowe in a Ravens uni. I wouldnt be opposed to sending a 2nd and 5th for him either.

Is there any rumors about this or are you just teasing me???

Splat
10-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Keep dreaming "The Show" is staying in KC.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Keep dreaming "The Show" is staying in KC.

Yea I haven't heard any rumors about that so I was just wondering. I would love it though.

A Perfect Score
10-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Its in the article Renji posted by Schefter. I was just commenting on what he said.

scottyboy
10-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Ravens trade Ray Rice for Mario Manningham. Boom.

Bradshaw, Jacobs and Raymell Wildcat allll day baby

A Perfect Score
10-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Ravens trade Ray Rice for Mario Manningham. Boom.

Bradshaw, Jacobs and Raymell Wildcat allll day baby

Face it, you will never have Raymell. He is ours. You get NOTHING!

Splat
10-16-2009, 11:29 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface101609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Steven Jackson says he would like to stay with the Rams but this quote right here is why I think they should trade him.

When we turn it around, man, itll be so great, he said. I just hope Im not washed up when it happens.

scottyboy
10-16-2009, 11:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface101609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Steven Jackson says he would like to stay with the Rams but this quote right here is why I think they should trade him.

When we turn it around, man, itll be so great, he said. I just hope Im not washed up when it happens.

that's exactly it. deal him now, get a first, go QB and OL find a RB through later in the draft or FA. It's the way to go. But nah, the Rams are totally fine the way they are. Kyle Boller is teh future.
and even if they draft a rookie QB, who the hell's gonna protect him?

Scotty D
10-16-2009, 11:38 AM

Richie Incognito!

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-16-2009, 11:40 AM
that's exactly it. deal him now, get a first, go QB and OL find a RB through later in the draft or FA. It's the way to go. But nah, the Rams are totally fine the way they are. Kyle Boller is teh future.

Are you Brian Billick disguised as a Giants fan?????

Ravens1991
10-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Are you Brian Billick disguised as a Giants fan?????

hahaha

Boller is the future yikes.

Rosebud
10-16-2009, 01:54 PM

Jason Smith?

Vox Populi
10-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Richie Incognito!

Only after the play obviously :rolleyes:

CC.SD
10-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Face it, you will never have Raymell. He is ours. You get NOTHING!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z240/6Black6Jack6/WillyWonka.jpg

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-16-2009, 06:34 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/10/harbaugh_on_making_a_trade_there_are_possibilities .html

Link says that Ravens are trying to send a 2nd rounder to Kansas City for there WR Dwayne Bowe. Nothing has been confirmed but I just wanna put it out there. This could be a real possibility since Pioli loves draft picks, and Haley has Bowe in his dog house. It would be HUGE for the Ravens offense as well. Bowe is the perfect type of receiver they need in that offense.

Splat
10-16-2009, 06:37 PM
"Was" in the dog house not any more just wish full thinking on B-Mores part.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-16-2009, 06:37 PM
another link pertaining to the Bowe situation -

http://www.nfltouchdown.com/breaking-news-chiefs-put-dwayne-bowe-on-the-trading-block/

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/10/15/1086761/schefter-chiefs-should-trade-bowe

and yeah, it is probably unlikely, but there is still a chance, especially if what they said about Jackson and Cassel being the only two players with guaranteed spots is true.

bigbluedefense
10-16-2009, 06:40 PM
another link pertaining to the Bowe situation -

http://www.nfltouchdown.com/breaking-news-chiefs-put-dwayne-bowe-on-the-trading-block/

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/10/15/1086761/schefter-chiefs-should-trade-bowe

and yeah, it is probably unlikely, but there is still a chance, especially if what they said about Jackson and Cassel being the only two players with guaranteed spots is true.

Honestly, I think it would be idiotic of Pioli to make this move.

I rather have Bowe than an extra 2nd round pick.

Splat
10-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Bowe WILL NOT BE TRADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Bowe WILL NOT BE TRADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe true, but I MUST HOPE!

God, he'd be such a stud in the Ravens offense!

djp
10-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Gaines Adams to Chicago for a 2nd rounder

Bengalsrocket
10-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Everyone wanting Bowe is like the most wishful thinking ever. Young talented receiver with good production thus far and tons more potential; who wouldn't want Bowe?

I mean honestly, I can think of maybe 8-9 teams that wouldn't take Bowe as their #1 or #2. Obviously plenty of teams wouldn't be willing to trade for Bowe due to sacrificing so much to get him when they don't need him, however, he still fits in a good 60% of the teams in the league.

He could at least be the #2 on the following teams (maybe you don't agree with all of them, that's not the point, a rough estimation would be enough for this theory):

AFC North
Bengals - Yes
Steelers - No (Holmes / Ward)
Ravens - Yes
Browns - Yes

AFC South
Colts - No (Wayne / Gonzalez)
Titans - Yes
Texans - Yes
Jaguars - Yes

AFC East
Patriots - No (Welker / Moss)
Jets - No (Edwards / Cotchery)
Bills - No (Evans / Owens)
Dolphins - Yes

AFC West
Broncos - No (Marshall / Royal)
Chargers - No (Chambers / Jackson)
Chiefs - obviously
Raiders - Yes

NFC North
Packers - No (Driver / Jennings)
Bears - Yes
Vikings - Yes
Lions - Yes

NFC South
Saints - Yes
Falcons - Yes
Panthers - Yes
Buccaneers - Yes

NFC East
Giants - Yes
Eagles - No (Jackson / Maclin)
Cowboys - No (Williams / Austin)
Redskins - Yes

NFC West
49ers - Yes
Cardinals - No (Boldin / Fitzgerald)
Seahawks - Yes
Rams - Yes

21 / 32 teams is pretty good. And as always, some are questionable, for example, the vikings are probably pretty content with Bernard Berrian and Sidney Rice.

awfullyquiet
10-16-2009, 08:08 PM
"Was" in the dog house not any more just wish full thinking on B-Mores part.

WAS.
WISHFUL.
THINKING.

Really. Bowe is legit... if Gaines Adams garners a second round......

Edit: and the Packers would definitely take bowe... driver is getting old, and jordy 'the answer' nelson is not the hand of god.

Bengalsrocket
10-16-2009, 08:17 PM
WAS.
WISHFUL.
THINKING.

Edit: and the Packers would definitely take bowe... driver is getting old, and jordy 'the answer' nelson is not the hand of god.

I was trying to pick only teams that would make him the #1 or #2 today. I think the Packers would continue with Driver and Jennings for the rest of this year and possibly next year even if Bowe was on the team. But like I said, we're all going to slightly disagree, I was just putting out a rough estimation.

PackerLegend
10-16-2009, 09:00 PM
WAS.
WISHFUL.
THINKING.

The Packers don't need Bowe and wouldn't trade any high picks for him. Driver is getting older but he doesn't play like it and hes not planning on retiring soon. Little early to say Jordy isnt the answer, hes definitely hasnt shown anything to not like. Just wishful thinking by a Bears fan.

bored of education
10-16-2009, 09:02 PM
If Bowe gets traded I will officially become a fan of that team. Bowe hasn't sniffed the peak of what he can do.

Splat
10-16-2009, 09:06 PM
If Bowe gets traded I will officially become a fan of that team. Bowe hasn't sniffed the peak of what he can do.

This...................................

vidae
10-16-2009, 09:26 PM
I don't see how they justify trading him anyway. One proven weapon on a weaponless team and the draft is hard to predict so that second round (or whatever) pick might get you nothing in the long run. Bowe is not great but he is good and when our offensive troubles get fixed he could explode.

Just makes no sense atm to trade him.

CC.SD
10-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Bowe is a boss! He will not be traded.

Splat
10-17-2009, 01:33 PM
"Nothing concrete" to Bowe rumors (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/17/nothing-concrete-to-bowe-rumors/)

"The trade of Gaines Adams won't do anything to quiet down the trade rumors floating around the NFL, usually on talk radio stations.

One of the more far-fetched ones included the Ravens talking to Kansas City about Dwayne Bowe. We're not sure exactly where the rumors came from -- we saw it here first (http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/10/harbaugh_on_making_a_trade_there_are_possibilities .html) -- but the rumor included Baltimore sending a second- and fifth-round pick for Bowe.

Old PFT buddy Aaron Wilson confirms there is "nothing concrete" to the rumors (http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/10/17/sports/7_ravens_notebook.txt)."

A Perfect Score
10-17-2009, 01:48 PM
"Nothing concrete" to Bowe rumors (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/17/nothing-concrete-to-bowe-rumors/)

"The trade of Gaines Adams won't do anything to quiet down the trade rumors floating around the NFL, usually on talk radio stations.

One of the more far-fetched ones included the Ravens talking to Kansas City about Dwayne Bowe. We're not sure exactly where the rumors came from -- we saw it here first (http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/10/harbaugh_on_making_a_trade_there_are_possibilities .html) -- but the rumor included Baltimore sending a second- and fifth-round pick for Bowe.

Old PFT buddy Aaron Wilson confirms there is "nothing concrete" to the rumors (http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/10/17/sports/7_ravens_notebook.txt)."

It will happen. Just you wait.

Geo
10-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Foxsports: Top 10 moves to save the season - #1. Colts trade for Terrell Owens (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=10226142#sport=NFL&photo=10224932)

LOL! This guy took dumbass to another level. In terms of not getting it, he hit perfect 10.

What a stupid, idiotic moron. Thanks for the laugh.

bearsfan_51
10-17-2009, 01:55 PM
I would love to see T.O. on the Colts.

Geo
10-17-2009, 01:57 PM
And maybe some people like sugar on their hamburger. Good for you.

Splat
10-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Keeps his mouth shut for the most part on winning teams, and even T.O. isn't stupid enough to bash the greatest quarterback in NFL history.

How long has this guy been a NFL fan?

bearsfan_51
10-17-2009, 01:58 PM
And maybe some people like sugar on their hamburger. Good for you.
Just you fruity Canadians. :)

Geo
10-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Haha, I have no idea if that'a actually true. I tried to think of a complete mismatch. :D

Brodeur
10-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Trade Brady Quinn

When a QB puts his house on the market, you know he may already have one foot out the door. Derek Anderson isn't too much better, but he did get the Browns to their only playoff appearance since Boyz II Men were relevant. Anderson is still relatively young and doesn't make too many mistakes (unlike Quinn, who has three times as many interceptions than touchdowns and has fumbled twice). And with the lack of decent quarterbacks in the league, a place like St. Louis, Carolina or Tampa might not be the worst idea. By the way, Brady's house is selling for $775,000 if you're in the market.

First of all, Derek Anderson got the Browns to the playoffs? And second of all, Tampa just drafted Josh Freeman and Josh Johnson is 23. Someone has got to do some goddamn research.

Improve Chicago's secondary
What's Ronde Barber doing besides losing games on a weekly basis? Tiki's likable brother is one of the best Cover-2 corners around and the Bears often play (Ding!) Cover-2. Worth making a call before the trade deadline. If not, Super Bowl MVP Dexter Jackson may be available (currently a Florida Tusker in the UFL).

Yes getting one or two awful CB's who are way past their prime or had one great game and have been living off it ever since is a great idea to improve a secondary.

I quit with this man.

BlindSite
10-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Dorsey is apparently available as if that's news and imo, it'd be a more likely inquiry from the Ravens. I think Dorsey to the falcons is a little more logical.

He's a penetrating 43 tackle, not a 34 fit at all.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 12:07 AM
Dorsey is apparently available as if that's news and imo, it'd be a more likely inquiry from the Ravens. I think Dorsey to the falcons is a little more logical.

Curious to see what he goes for.

vidae
10-18-2009, 12:19 AM
He has played pretty well lately as a 3-4 DE. I think he could stick there. Would not be surprised to see him dealt though.

General Zod
10-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Foxsports: Top 10 moves to save the season - #1. Colts trade for Terrell Owens (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=10226142#sport=NFL&photo=10224932)

LOL! This guy took dumbass to another level. In terms of not getting it, he hit perfect 10.

The first thing I did was read the address just to make sure it wasnt one of those joke news sites.

Nope, usual Foxsports crap. With another Foxsports moron.

adamprez2003
10-18-2009, 03:12 AM
apparently derrick johnson is also available. I honestly think the situation in kansas city has been horrendous for johnson's career. what's he had three coaches in five years with different schemes and no talent around him? i think someone may get a player if they can put him in the right situation

Monomach
10-18-2009, 04:40 AM

I like how he wants the Bears to get either Dexter Jackson from the UFL or the rotting corpse of Ronde Barber from Tampa.

After we get them, we can just unretire Warren Sapp, Simeon Rice, and Derrick Brooks. We'll crush the competition on the way to the 2003 Super Bowl.

Gay Ork Wang
10-18-2009, 05:03 AM
i lold hard. I want to win the 2003 Superbowl xD

id rep you, but i cant, i have to spread it around first.

And how about we just take the whole Tampa Defense? cause they all could fit into the cover2!

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 05:37 AM
He has played pretty well lately as a 3-4 DE. I think he could stick there. Would not be surprised to see him dealt though.

I definitely think he's been misused, I think he could really tap into that talent in a 4-3, my good would he be a great addition to our DT rotation, especially with alford out for the season and canty injured. He might help hold us over on the inside through these next few weeks until canty and boley are back and working with waufle he might be a solution long term beside Canty. I wonder whether a conditional second rounder would get this done and if so whether Reece would actually give up a draft pick.

Shiver
10-18-2009, 11:18 AM

I would kill for Glenn Dorsey on the Falcons. How ironic would it be to have BOTH Matt Ryan and Glenn Dorsey.

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 06:22 PM
I would kill for Glenn Dorsey on the Falcons. How ironic would it be to have BOTH Matt Ryan and Glenn Dorsey.

dorsey and peria in the middle would be alot of fun to watch :cool:

bearsfan_51
10-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Not very ironic at all.

vidae
10-18-2009, 06:44 PM
After the last few games I don't think Dorsey will be traded. Call it a hunch. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened but I don't think it will.

CashmoneyDrew
10-18-2009, 06:47 PM
-Keith Bulluck
-Bo Scaife
-Lendale White
-David Thornton
-Tony Brown
-Kyle Vanden Bosch
-Justin Gage
-Vince Young

Offer away....

CC.SD
10-18-2009, 06:51 PM
-Keith Bulluck
-Bo Scaife
-Lendale White
-David Thornton
-Tony Brown
-Kyle Vanden Bosch
-Justin Gage
-Vince Young

Offer away....

I would give a 2nd for a Bullock and Vanden Bosch combo and I think that would be a good deal for both teams at this point in the season.

Bolts have scary needs all over the D not just DT.

CashmoneyDrew
10-18-2009, 06:54 PM
I would give a 2nd for a Bullock and Vanden Bosch combo and I think that would be a good deal for both teams at this point in the season.

Bolts have scary needs all over the D not just DT.

Throw in a conditional 5th and you've got a deal.

Babylon
10-18-2009, 06:56 PM
AJ Hawk doesnt seem a good fit in Green Bay anymore.

CC.SD
10-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Throw in a conditional 5th and you've got a deal.

Notify the commish. As for Hawk, you have to give the LBs a little time in the 3-4 transition, especially the big money/high draft pick ones.

PoopSandwich
10-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Watch the Jets trade a first round pick to the Browns for Shaun Rogers.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 07:16 PM

That's another player who would go a long way to ensure a giants superbowl run. After this last game our pass D deserves some criticism but that's more of a schematic/health problem while our run D is simply weak.

CC.SD
10-18-2009, 07:16 PM

A 2nd is what a lot of people on the charger boards talk about, but it has no basis in reality.

PoopSandwich
10-18-2009, 07:20 PM
A 2nd is what a lot of people on the charger boards talk about, but it has no basis in reality.

I think it would have to be more than a second, he was lights out last year and has played alright this year, our entire team around him is so dreadful and it's not like were going anywhere this year and like we will be soon...

I would take a 2nd and 4th but I would prefer a first if we could get it.

CC.SD
10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I think it would have to be more than a second, he was lights out last year and has played alright this year, our entire team around him is so dreadful and it's not like were going anywhere this year and like we will be soon...

I would take a 2nd and 4th but I would prefer a first if we could get it.

I don't think anyone would give up a 1st. Bolts have a lot of talent at WR I wish something could get worked out around one of the guys that doesn't see as much time as they deserve (Naanee or Floyd) in exchange for defensive help.

Splat
10-18-2009, 07:30 PM
After the last few games I don't think Dorsey will be traded. Call it a hunch. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened but I don't think it will.

Dorsey was a beast today the stats don't show it but he is really starting to come on I think he is going to prove alot of people wrong my self being one of them.

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 07:30 PM
-Keith Bulluck
-Bo Scaife
-Lendale White
-David Thornton
-Tony Brown
-Kyle Vanden Bosch
-Justin Gage
-Vince Young

Offer away....

ill give you a shiny nickel for vince young

CC.SD
10-18-2009, 07:41 PM
ill give you a shiny nickel for vince young

ham sandwich minimum!

senormysterioso
10-18-2009, 07:54 PM
AJ Hawk doesnt seem a good fit in Green Bay anymore.

AJ Hawk hasn't seemed like a good football player since he got to the league.

Shiver
10-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Those Ohio State Linebackers have done nothing in the NFL; the Texas-OSU game should have been a hint.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Those Ohio State Linebackers have done nothing in the NFL; the Texas-OSU game should have been a hint.

isn't James Laurinaitis one of the few bright spots on the St. Louis defense?

Shiver
10-18-2009, 08:16 PM
I was talking about the acclaimed group back in 2005.

NotRickJames
10-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Anybody willing to trade for Jason Campbell and for what value?

I'd get rid of Portis in a heartbeat as well. He's simply not a great back anymore. He's slow, has no burst, mediocre vision. He's a decent power back who can take a lot of carries, nothing more. If I could get value for him, I would.

A Perfect Score
10-18-2009, 09:13 PM

I'd get rid of Portis in a heartbeat as well. He's simply not a great back anymore. He's slow, has no burst, mediocre vision. He's a decent power back who can take a lot of carries, nothing more. If I could get value for him, I would.

Hes still the best pass blocking back in the league as far as Im concerned. If I was a contending team and needed a starting RB, I would definitely make a move for him. He could probably had for something very reasonable, and hes only 28. Yes he has alot of carries in his career, but hes running behind an awful line and I think he could definitely be a solid back for a team who needs a veteran runner. In fact, if the Patriots with their unlimited amount of picks dont think Fred Taylor will get back, I think Portis could be a nice pickup for them.

Also, I wouldnt be surprised to see McGahee get moved if there are biters out there. He still has alot of time left I feel, and with Ray Rice having a season long coming out party, he has kind of outlived his usefulness, especially with McClain there.

BlindSite
10-18-2009, 09:31 PM

Conditional 5th rounder for Campell, he's playing better than Delhomme right now.

NotRickJames
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Hes still the best pass blocking back in the league as far as Im concerned. If I was a contending team and needed a starting RB, I would definitely make a move for him. He could probably had for something very reasonable, and hes only 28. Yes he has alot of carries in his career, but hes running behind an awful line and I think he could definitely be a solid back for a team who needs a veteran runner. In fact, if the Patriots with their unlimited amount of picks dont think Fred Taylor will get back, I think Portis could be a nice pickup for them.

Also, I wouldnt be surprised to see McGahee get moved if there are biters out there. He still has alot of time left I feel, and with Ray Rice having a season long coming out party, he has kind of outlived his usefulness, especially with McClain there.

You're right about that, the offensive line is atrocious right now. Still, this was his problem last year as well...and our O-line was OK last year.

I definitely think age is very overrated when discussing NFL players in general. It is all about the amount of wear and tear an NFL player has taken. Usually they've taken a lot of tear by the age of 30, so their deficiencies are sadly associated with age. Take Fred Jackson for example. He's 28, almost 29...and yet running with the legs of a rookie it seems. He hasn't seen a lot of wear and tear.

Portis has been run into the ground, and it's caught up with him. He has legs reminiscent of Stephen Davis in his final years.

Blindsite - I'll take a seventh for this guy, a fifth sounds fantastic. We need more draft picks.

GB12
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Jason Campbell sucks and will be a free agent at the end of the year. I think even a 5th might be too much.

A Perfect Score
10-18-2009, 09:35 PM
You're right about that, the offensive line is atrocious right now. Still, this was his problem last year as well...and our O-line was OK last year.

I definitely think age is very overrated when discussing NFL players in general. It is all about the amount of wear and tear an NFL player has taken. Usually they've taken a lot of tear by the age of 30, so their deficiencies are sadly associated with age. Take Fred Jackson for example. He's 28, almost 29...and yet running with the legs of a rookie it seems. He hasn't seen a lot of wear and tear.

Portis has been run into the ground, and it's caught up with him. He has legs reminiscent of Stephen Davis in his final years.

Blindsite - I'll take a seventh for this guy, a fifth sounds fantastic. We need more draft picks.

I agree to an extent. I still think he has some gas in the tank. His legs certainly looked fine on that 78 yarder today.

NotRickJames
10-18-2009, 09:37 PM
I agree to an extent. I still think he has some gas in the tank. His legs certainly looked fine on that 78 yarder today.

That's true, but the fact that it wasn't a TD shows his slowness. Though that was a great play of course, so I'm not complaining.

Nobody should mistake me, I still think the guy is serviceable...maybe even slightly better. But the tank is running low, and it will likely be depleted fully in a year or two.

The Redskins must build up and concentrate on the future. That is why getting value for Portis while other teams still consider him...valuable is a wise move. Sadly, looking to the future doesn't seem to be an option in Snyder's mind.

A Perfect Score
10-18-2009, 09:43 PM
That's true, but the fact that it wasn't a TD shows his slowness. Though that was a great play of course, so I'm not complaining.

Nobody should mistake me, I still think the guy is serviceable...maybe even slightly better. But the tank is running low, and it will likely be depleted fully in a year or two.

The Redskins must build up and concentrate on the future. That is why getting value for Portis while other teams still consider him...valuable is a wise move. Sadly, looking to the future doesn't seem to be an option in Snyder's mind.

I cant see them getting more then a 3rd or 4th for Portis at best. At this point, I think he means more to the Redskins then he would to anyone else. And I think the fact that it wasnt a TD speaks more to Mike Brown's tenacity then Portis's speed. Portis did outrun their entire defense most of the way up the field, but Brown kept a great angle and fought off Sellers to save the TD.

NotRickJames
10-18-2009, 09:46 PM
I cant see them getting more then a 3rd or 4th for Portis at best. At this point, I think he means more to the Redskins then he would to anyone else. And I think the fact that it wasnt a TD speaks more to Mike Brown's tenacity then Portis's speed. Portis did outrun their entire defense most of the way up the field, but Brown kept a great angle and fought off Sellers to save the TD.

If we already had a fair amount of draft picks then I'd agree with you...but in this case, I'd gladly cop a 3rd or 4th.

But you know, I'd honestly be willing to trade Portis straight up for a younger runner with potential. I'd cop Tashard Choice or Jerious Norwood.

We don't have any good RB's behind Portis. Betts and Cartwright suck, Mason is a 3rd back if that on most teams. I loved Anthony Alridge out of college and I hope he gets a chance, but I'm not going to rely on him....and the fact that he can't beat out Betts or Mason for carries, especially when the season is down the tubes is frightening.

Geo
10-18-2009, 10:29 PM
There's absolutely no way Clinton Portis can be traded now, not a chance whatsoever.

If you trade a player this season, all of the remaining bonus money accelerates to this year's cap, and there's definitely no way the Redskins can afford that.

DoughBoy
10-18-2009, 10:29 PM
-Keith Bulluck
-Bo Scaife
-Lendale White
-David Thornton
-Tony Brown
-Kyle Vanden Bosch
-Justin Gage
-Vince Young
I think you could throw Tulluch and Hope in there. Griffin has not been playing great but He is awesome when he is on