PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Lions, Week 6

drowe
10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
yeah, probably a little early...but, we've spent too much time thinking about the Vikings game. time to start looking ahead.

And, this game scares me. The Lions aren't a bad team. they've put up a fight in every game so far. and they've played some tough teams in minne, chicago, new orleans and pitt. really glad we're gettng them coming off a bye.

it'll be interesting to see how the injuries shake up as Stafford and Megatron are pretty banged up.

AND, it'll be very interesting to see how the Packer's O-line looks. hopefully we can at least have competent play from the tackles.

I'll predict a win. but, damn. can't underestimate the Lions.

PackerLegend
10-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Yea the Lions have atleast stayed fairly close to the teams that they've played so who knows.... We should win this game id hope because I would hate falling to 2-3.

TitleTown088
10-12-2009, 04:30 PM
The Lions at lambeau scares you? Child please, Rodgers is going to destroy them.

princefielder28
10-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Thank god that the Lions don't have much of a pass rush

drowe
10-13-2009, 09:07 AM
The Lions at lambeau scares you? Child please, Rodgers is going to destroy them.

this isn't the 2008 Lions. look at the 4 teams they've lost to. Saints, Vikings, Bears and Steelers. those 4 teams have 3 losses between 'em.

Jim Schwartz has the d-line playing abolve their ability right now.

Like, i said, I think the Packers will win. but, it isn't the bye week it was last year.

and, yeah 2-3 would mean the season is over.

TitleTown088
10-13-2009, 11:05 AM
this isn't the 2008 Lions.
No but this is 2009 Rodgers, he's going to go beast mode from here on out. Count it. :)

the dude
10-13-2009, 06:22 PM
this will be a historic game since its my first at lambeau. I cant tell you how much im looking forward to this

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Stafford is questionable but practiced today and moved around a good amount, Calvin was hobbling in practice today. Its in Lambeau, you had a bye, its must win down by a few games to the Vikings. One of 3 blowouts I see the Lions losing this year. at Saints, at Pack, at Vikings(also off of a Viking bye). Well now 4 with the loss at Chicago although it was close for awhile and field positiion was atrocious that game for Detroit then Stafford went down. No Calvin though is huge although Northcutt and Derrick Williams in the 4th played fairly well against Pittsburgh. Bryant Johnson is capable and Pettigrew has shown some signs over the middle with great leaping ability. Plus you never know with Kevin Smith, its feast or famine. Its not like last year where Calvin was our offense.

Lions pass rush has been inconsistent though we do get a few sacks a game. But Rodgers should have time and do his usual against us. And thats bad news since our secondary stinks. Banged up on the Dline too with Sammie Lee Hill who has played decent,DeWayne White and Jason Hunter(who has suprised) hurt.

Big thing that hurt us last year was Packers rushing on top of Rodgers torching us. I hope we can stop Grant and give us a chance at a shootout instead of a blowout.

drowe
10-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Bigby and Clifton were both full participants today.

Korey Hall and Brady Poppinga were out with the R2D2 virus.

TitleTown088
10-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Bigby and Clifton were both full participants today.

Korey Hall and Brady Poppinga were out with the R2D2 virus.

Hall is going to be out a couple weeks with a calf injury from what I read. More hammer time for Quinn.

umphrey
10-15-2009, 01:14 AM
What out for this man #45

http://heismanbrasil.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/quinn-johnson-267x300.jpg

PackerLegend
10-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Lions havent won in Green Bay since 1991. Better not let them start now.

drowe
10-16-2009, 01:42 PM
apparently, Spitz AND Wells are dinged and will be listed as questionable on the injury report. McCarthy said both will likely play. just needed some time off.

Hope it's not a nagging type injury. as if our o-line doesn't have enough problems.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Lions havent won in Green Bay since 1991. Better not let them start now.

Yeah Brett Favre will do that to you. As well as sporting an 0-16 ball club in 2008. However, this trend should continue until Stafford plays there in 2010.

PackerLegend
10-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah Brett Favre will do that to you. As well as sporting an 0-16 ball club in 2008. However, this trend should continue until Stafford plays there in 2010.

So the Lions are going to the superbowl next year too?

umphrey
10-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Stafford and CJ are doubtful for this game. I was genuinely worried about an upset but without those two the Lions don't have much to work with.

Primate
10-16-2009, 10:08 PM
I hope we don't a suffer loss right now. I get the feeling that one or two more losses in a row would make the seams come off.

Whistler6
10-17-2009, 12:28 PM
The Packers NEED a fundamentally sound win with, no penatlies, no sacks, and no injuries.

Take care of business and move on. Simple as that...Building a little confidence with something like a 30-7 win could go a longgggg way for this team.

roughrider30
10-17-2009, 02:10 PM
and no injuries.

That's huge.

TitleTown088
10-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Sounds like they're might be missing Staff, Megatron and a good portion of their Dline. This could get ugly if that's the case.

Whistler6
10-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Calvin Johnson is active and will play. That makes for some trouble for Green Bay's defense if they don't get pressure.

Also, why is Jason Spitz inactive? He has started all 4 games, but isn't going to be active for today... Did he get injured? I must have missed something. Tauscher and Giacomini are inactive as well.

Lastly, Wynn is inactive, and Green Bay's site says Brandon Jackson will see action. Who is this Jackson guy? Show your worth a 2nd round pick eh!

TitleTown088
10-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Calvin Johnson is active and will play.
Not according to ESPN and NFL.com

GB12
10-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Damn, that should have been a TD.

GB12
10-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Hell yeah James Jones.

GB12
10-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Kuhn is a TD machine this year!

Triple post!

Whistler6
10-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Not according to ESPN and NFL.com

Yeah I guess not...The NFL report I read said he was active. Whatever, good for Green Bay.

I never thought I'd say I'm glad the Packers have the punter they have rather than the Lions guy. a 22 yarders? Yikes. Where Frost when you need him.

It's pretty cool to see De'Andre Levy playing for the Lions, a former WI Badger

GB12
10-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Chad Clifton has killed two drives today by not lining up correctly. I know he's been injured, but that's no excuse for how long he has been in the league.

Whistler6
10-18-2009, 01:20 PM
After a bye week, against the NFL AA Lions = 8 penalties and 3 sacks. Against any other team, the score would be 17-0 the other way.

Gosh it's hard to watch.

GB12
10-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Are you ******* kidding me. We should have at least 3 more TDs than we do.

And Clifton is injured again. Jesus Christ this is the worst blow out I've ever seen.

PackerLegend
10-18-2009, 05:16 PM
The penalties have gotten beyond ridiculous and its been a common theme for the last couple of years. Its not like we just play a sloppy game once in awhile its every single game with like atleast 10. Yea we won 26-0 but that game shouldnt have been that close we are constantly killing ourselves. LOL at whoever was trying to convince people our o-line wasnt as bad as it was made out to be and we rush decently but yet we dont rush enough, in the main thread. We couldn't even barely run against a whole 2nd string d-line which is pretty pathetic.

Can't believe the Lions stick with Manuel the guy is awful.

awfullyquiet
10-18-2009, 06:13 PM
the bears scored almost 50 against the lions... and the packers only scored 30? LAME

princefielder28
10-18-2009, 06:17 PM
the bears scored almost 50 against the lions... and the packers only scored 30? LAME

That's what happens when you fail to finish drives, minus the first two drives.

Whistler6
10-18-2009, 08:47 PM
I bet the radio-waves has more complaints this week than it did last week when the Packers got beat. A win, is a win, is a win right?

I mean atleast Green Bay didn't lose to duh Raidahs

BloodBrother
10-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Man, this OL is horrendous. That Lions DL had a bunch of no names and has been decimated due to injuries. I believe they had an OFFENSIVE LINEMAN on the DL and yet they still racked up 5 sacks vs the Pack

13 penalties....par for the course over the last few years. Sick of all these stupid penalties.

I will say this, when Lang came in, did anybody notice the running game improve a bit and the Pack running more towards his side? Maybe Clifton is done

oh ya, barbie doll still blows. Hurry up and get into game shape, Tausch!

drowe
10-19-2009, 09:25 AM
the radio waves were full of complaints. watched the game in milwaukee, and listened to milwaukee radio for the first half of the drive and green bay radio for the second half..and it was 90% negative.

-yeah, the o-line is a serious problem. it's gonna be a problem all year. at best, we're gonna give up several sacks a game and struggle to run the ball. at worst, aaron rodgers is gonna get hurt. bad and soon, and the whole season will be lost because of an inept o-line.

-i feel like penalties are the biggest trademark of the Mike McCarthy era. year after year. game after game. it just gets worse, and MM clearly has no answers for it.

-at least TJ Lang provided a bright spot. It would make me very happy if the LT of the future was already on the roster.

-Donald Driver is the best WR in Packers history.

-As ugly as the game was...can't say anything bad about the defense. pressure was there. the Lions had no running game. the secondary was lights out. great effort by the D. Bigby just seems to make things run more smoothly.

-Clay Matthews. awesome to see him making plays. Things are clearly clicking for him and he's exactly what the Packers wanted when they traded up to get him.

TitleTown088
10-19-2009, 10:24 AM
-Donald Driver is the best WR in Packers history.

I'm not sure if Mr. Hornung would agree.

Raji and Clifton re-injured their ankles, that sucks. Good thing the Browns are this week.

drowe
10-19-2009, 11:37 AM

well, considering he was a RB..and place kicker, i don't see where he'd have a problem with it.

maybe Don Hutson would take issue. but, different era...

TitleTown088
10-19-2009, 11:42 AM
well, considering he was a RB..and place kicker, i don't see where he'd have a problem with it.

maybe Don Hutson would take issue. but, different era...

Wow, I completely got the two mixed up. I meant hutson.

BloodBrother
10-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Clay was a huge bright spot...so far he looks like everything AJ Hawk was supposed to be. Dude is fast and has a nose for the ball. Great game for him

Whistler6
10-19-2009, 09:17 PM

Raji and Clifton re-injured their ankles, that sucks. Good thing the Browns are this week.

I'm not sure if Donald Beebe would agree either.

How do the Packers make the playoffs? Vikings, Giants, Saints, most likely Cardinals wint their divisions. That means they have to battle it out with the Eagles, 49ers, Falcons, and Bears for 2 wildcard spots. Tough anyway you spin it.

A Superbowl contender needs to be able to limit penalties, control the clock (game management), able to run the ball once the weather gets worse, and put pressure on the quarterback. Do the Packers do any of those? Not yet atleast. It's going to be interesting to see if they can put it all together.

RockJock07
10-19-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure if Donald Beebe would agree either.

How do the Packers make the playoffs? Vikings, Giants, Saints, most likely Cardinals wint their divisions. That means they have to battle it out with the Eagles, 49ers, Falcons, and Bears for 2 wildcard spots. Tough anyway you spin it.

A Superbowl contender needs to be able to limit penalties, control the clock (game management), able to run the ball once the weather gets worse, and put pressure on the quarterback. Do the Packers do any of those? Not yet atleast. It's going to be interesting to see if they can put it all together.

Yeah, good point about the wildcard teams. Really, it comes down to 1 spot because I don't see the Falcons not getting one of those spots. That means the Packers must sweep the Bears and beat the 49ers when they come to GB. If the Packers are a true playoff team then they should be able to do that.

Eagles have a tough schedule so if the Packers can beat the teams they should beat then It could be very interesting indeed.

GB12
10-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Eventhough the Vikings are 6-0 it's still very possible that we could win the division. We are 3-2 right now. A win next week against Cleveland would put us at 4-2. Then we got the second game with the Vikings. If we win that we're 5-2 and only one game back in the division. Hell Pittsburgh could beat Minnesota next week and we'd be tied with a win then. We are very much in the division race.

It basically comes down to beating the Vikings at Lambeau. If we lose that'd all but put it away for Minnesota as they'd have 3 game lead and the tie braker. But if we win we're either tied for first or just a game behind.

BloodBrother
10-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Minny damn near lost last week to the Ravens. I see the Steelers beating them. Pack have to take care of business vs them in Lambeau...and if so, they will be 5-2 while the Vikes would be 6-2 going into their bye

drowe
10-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Eventhough the Vikings are 6-0 it's still very possible that we could win the division. We are 3-2 right now. A win next week against Cleveland would put us at 4-2. Then we got the second game with the Vikings. If we win that we're 5-2 and only one game back in the division. Hell Pittsburgh could beat Minnesota next week and we'd be tied with a win then. We are very much in the division race.

It basically comes down to beating the Vikings at Lambeau. If we lose that'd all but put it away for Minnesota as they'd have 3 game lead and the tie braker. But if we win we're either tied for first or just a game behind.

i don't think the division is in the cards this year. The Vikings are a better team than the Packers. for them to NOT win the division, some things have to go our way. And, so far, it hasn't happened. the missed FG by the Ravens, and the freaking miracle catch against San Fran. even if we can beat 'em on the 1st, and even if Pitt beats 'em this week, they're still a better team.....

...unless ol' #4 implodes late in the season again. oh, that would make me so happy.

as far as the Wild Card, yeah, the teams to watch for our Philly, Chicago and Atlanta. I'm not including San Fran in there because i don't think they're that good. If the Packers lose to San Fran, the season is over and we don't deserve the playoffs. Philly still has most of the brutal NFC East schedule to get through. The Bears and Eagles play eachother at some point, and the Bears will have to play the viqueens twice this year.

Biggest games for the Packers are the second Bears game, and the game against San Fran. taking the tie breaker from those 2 Wild Card competitors would be huge.

roidrunner
10-20-2009, 09:00 AM
This game should of been like Mike tyson beating up a handicapped kid, and lets just say that Mike did not do that hot. There is no reason why we should give up 5 sacks to the lions. lets be real here, the Oline stinks.

GB12
10-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Like I said, it comes down to the Vikings game at Lambeau. If we lose that they get the division. If we win we are in great position to take the North.

Mr.Regular
10-20-2009, 07:39 PM
A couple years back the North was considered one of the worst divisions in football. Now it's probably the best. Pretty crazy.

But anyways, this team has so much potential but the Oline is holding us back. Big time. With an even semi adept line we beat the Bengals and the Vikings and are being talked as one of the best teams in the league. But the line is seriously scary bad. Its the difference between being Super Bowl contenders and missing the playoffs entirely. To pin point the problem, its clearly both tackle spots. I really hope Lang shows he can be the LT of the future and Tauscher overtakes Barbie soon, because if not this team really won't be going anywhere.

Whistler6
10-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Minny damn near lost last week to the Ravens. I see the Steelers beating them. Pack have to take care of business vs them in Lambeau...and if so, they will be 5-2 while the Vikes would be 6-2 going into their bye

But the Packer still have to beat the Ravens and the Steelers in the cold. Those are both really tough, late season games. The Bears game 1 win was really big, but Green Bay really needs to make a run. Starting with the hapless Brownies*