PDA

View Full Version : David Tyree Signed, Tony Curtis Cut

coordinator0
10-13-2009, 03:08 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/10/Ravens_Sign_David_Tyree.aspx

The Ravens signed receiver David Tyree on Tuesday, releasing tight end Tony Curtis to create a roster spot for the Super Bowl XLII hero.

Tyree spent the past six years with the New York Giants, but was waived by the team after suffering multiple injuries during training camp.

Perhaps most known for his spectacular helmet-clutching catch in the Super Bowl that helped continue an improbable Giants game-winning drive, Tyree is a solid special teamer that can also add depth to the receiving corps.

Kind of a bleh move to me, but I like it more than I dislike it. Curtis didn't see any action here so his loss doesn't mean anything. The article makes a good point though saying that Kelley's special team production/snaps has gone down since he has a bigger role in the offense, so signing Tyree could add something in that regard.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Just heard on Scott Garceau and Anita Marks that he was in for a workout yesterday and signed a contract today, its also on PFT. I don't think he'll offer anything as a WR but he'll be a good special teamer for us.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-13-2009, 03:11 PM
opps, i think i made my thread at the same time you made yours, haha.

coordinator0
10-13-2009, 03:12 PM
I gotcha by 2 minutes :D.

Geo
10-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Don't worry about it, threads merged.

Glad to see Tyree finally get another chance.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-13-2009, 03:31 PM
thanks dude :) and yeah, I have high hopes for Tyree in our special teams, I think thats where he'll get the majority of his playing time. And what exactly does he even do well on special teams? just curious?

oh and by the way, i finally got on Scott Garceau & Anita Marks! it took me 3 days but I finally got through. too bad Anita wasn't there :( Mike Flynn was filling in though :)

scottyboy
10-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Tyree is an excellent gunner. He probably caught more balls from Feagles than he did Eli during his career as a Giant. Pretty solid tackler too. Hard worker and nice locker room guy.

coordinator0
10-13-2009, 03:38 PM
I think Tyree is a good gunner, but I might be mistaken. He doesn't seem like he would be a good blocker for returns though, but it's hard to tell without seeing how he plays.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-13-2009, 04:12 PM
awesome, him and Lardarius Webb will be great opposite each other. Hopefully they'll down alotta balls inside the 10 this year. Field position is HUGE in football, many people overlook it.