PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn Puts House for Sale

jriles0522
10-13-2009, 08:43 PM
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=19110

Thoughts about whether he'll be moved by deadline?

Reminds me of when Cutler put his up for sale in Denver just before being moved to Chicago.

I think Mangini has shown that if you don't want to be in Cleveland, he will move your ass out. Just hope there are enough people that actually want to play in Cleveland.

Pat Sims 90
10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Yea knowing Mangini he will be moved and it will be like Edwards Cleveland fans will be sick after they see Quinn with a another team doing what Cleveland thought he could do. Quinn needs a better supporting cast around him

bigbluedefense
10-13-2009, 09:04 PM
I still believe in Brady Quinn.

He shown me he can read defenses. He's just trigger shy and has been beat up mentally. He needs to be broken down by a good supporting system, and they need to start over with him the way the Giants are doing with Carr.

His road to recovery should be much quicker than Carr's under the right team.

I think Tennessee should give a serious look.

wonderbredd24
10-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Yea knowing Mangini he will be moved and it will be like Edwards Cleveland fans will be sick after they see Quinn with a another team doing what Cleveland thought he could do. Quinn needs a better supporting cast around him

Assuming they do trade him, which is still in doubt, how I feel will depend largely on what they get.

I do not see the point of rushing this, because the supporting cast does need an infusion of talent, specifically finishing the building of the OLine and establishing a consistent running game.

Quinn's impact on the cap is minimal as well.

If they do move him, they must be saying he's done. His problem has been the fact he's been looking at the pass rush instead of his receivers. If that can be fixed, he can be a QB in this league. If not, the guy is done anyway.

HawkeyeFan
10-13-2009, 09:19 PM
What about St. Louis? ( I know I always include us in young players with a lot of potential. )

But I'm serious, we're looking for a franchise QB, Quinn has that potential and hasn't been really given a chance..

Who knows.

JFLO
10-13-2009, 09:21 PM
The more Cleveland sucks and trades their players away, the more I hate them. I don't know if it is just Mangina or the awful play (probably a combination of both) but it kinda irks me how bad that team is playing. Same way with Oakland, but Al Davis is just senile.

Pat Sims 90
10-13-2009, 09:26 PM
The more Cleveland sucks and trades their players away, the more I hate them. I don't know if it is just Mangina or the awful play (probably a combination of both) but it kinda irks me how bad that team is playing. Same way with Oakland, but Al Davis is just senile.

Yea but the bengals have Mike Brown i would put him up there with Al Davis as one of the worst owners in the league and somehow we are winning with Brown as the owner

PoopSandwich
10-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Wow he lives like 2 streets from me, I should go egg it right guys ;)

NotRickJames
10-13-2009, 09:36 PM
I agree with the guy who said trade him to St. Louis. Get rid of Null or Boller and throw in a late round draft pick. Deal.

I like Quinn a lot, and really think he'll do well if given a solid chance elsewhere. That Cleveland team is ATROCIOUS.

HawkeyeFan
10-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Isn't he built for a WCO? We have Steven Jackson as the cornerstone, we have some young playmakers at WR when the Playbook is opened and have a good TE in Daniel Fells.

brat316
10-13-2009, 09:44 PM
trade Brady!!!

potential teams

Bills
Rams
?

Trade him for a second.

PoopSandwich
10-13-2009, 09:48 PM
I like Quinn a lot, and really think he'll do well if given a solid chance elsewhere. That Cleveland team is ATROCIOUS.

Yeah, and the Rams are ******* spectacular.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I agree with the guy who said trade him to St. Louis. Get rid of Null or Boller and throw in a late round draft pick. Deal.

You're complaining that he's on an atrocious team, and your solution is send him to the Rams?

JT Jag
10-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Quinn may be suffering from Tim Couch syndrome: A good quarterback who suffers from being on a Cleveland Browns team that just doesn't have the talent, and is mentally/physically broken as a result.

10-13-2009, 09:50 PM

God damn it, why must I always be a second slow?

Giantsfan1080
10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
what recovery? dude is a career back-up at best.

I think we might see Carr in a starting role next year.

Raiderz4Life
10-13-2009, 09:53 PM

im sure he is aware of his teams short comings and just because the rams suck doesnt mean he cant something that true...the Browns ATROCIOUS

HawkeyeFan
10-13-2009, 09:56 PM
No the Rams aren't spectacular, obviously.. But Quinn is known for being very accurate and to an extent mobile. Something you idealy want in a "West Coast Offense". The Rams run that, they also have a workhouse running back who could take some attention off of Quinn, as I said up above.

Also, I think Spagnuolo could get something out of the kid. Quinn hasn't really had a coach to help him much or stand beside him. Spagnuolo is a great coach and highly respected among his players.

I wouldn't mind if the Rams took a shot at him. See if he can do anything and try and mold him this season, if he becomes successful then we can skip on a franchise QB this offseason.

falloutboy14
10-13-2009, 10:01 PM
The first team I thought of was Minnesota. Farve's 40 & I wouldn't want to go into a season with Jackson/Rosenfels. With Peterson, an O-line, and respectable receivers, who knows.

Giantsfan1080
10-13-2009, 10:06 PM
based on him going 9-14 for 90 against the raiders?

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he's garbage, but i don't buy the notion that he really really was a first round talent. he is what he is. and it's funny that people really want to make the exact same excuses for quinn now.

*shrug*

No it's not just because of his Raiders performance. He still has a very good arm and if you put a real line in front of him he can do a very good job. The Giants coaching staff pretty much built him back up from scratch where he could start for a team.

aNYtitan
10-13-2009, 10:08 PM
I still believe in Brady Quinn.

He shown me he can read defenses. He's just trigger shy and has been beat up mentally. He needs to be broken down by a good supporting system, and they need to start over with him the way the Giants are doing with Carr.

His road to recovery should be much quicker than Carr's under the right team.

I think Tennessee should give a serious look.

I was thinking of the same thing. I loved him coming out of Notre Dame. The thing is though Bud Adams loves VY, and they still think he is the future of the team. The only way we trade for a QB is if VY comes in this season and looks horrible from the start point to the end point. I could see giving up a 3rd or so for him, or players (which is how Mangini seems to love going through trades, getting quantity for quality).

I'd be a go for it if Young can't prove himself.

Giantsfan1080
10-13-2009, 11:00 PM
*shrug* fair enough. it could happen (although i disagree with "good job", let alone the silly, unsubstantiated superlative). but if it does, the team that gives him the reins either does so because they need a kerry collins and know that's what they're getting, or will be "surprised" when david carr is still david carr.

I was going to use Kerry Collins as an example but Collins had a lot more success before his meltdown. Don't forget Carr had a pretty good half last year in Week 17 also when the Vikings needed a win. I know it's a small sample size but he's just as good now as some other QB's that are playing.

holt_bruce81
10-13-2009, 11:04 PM
What can Cleveland get for him? Mid Round pick?

Shiver
10-13-2009, 11:29 PM
I think Seattle would be perfect for him. He could sit behind Hasselbeck and take over next year in an offense tailor made for him.

PoopSandwich
10-13-2009, 11:39 PM
I think Seattle would be perfect for him. He could sit behind Hasselbeck and take over next year in an offense tailor made for him.

I like Carolina for an option for him or maybe San Fran if Hill doesn't pan out.

j05son
10-14-2009, 12:01 AM
I was listening to this on 'The Dan Patrick Show' at work. They had some guy from PFT on and they went over multiple subjects including Quinn and Cleveland.

Apparently Mangini has determined and stated that he doesn't believe Quinn can be a quarterback in this league. Patrick responded by saying "That's funny, because we don't know if Mangini can actually coach in this league..."

I couldn't catch all of it because of work, but they also stated how low Quinn's trade value is right now...

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2009, 12:08 AM

No need for Quinn, they already have Mike Teel.

RaiderNation
10-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Friends texted me at dinner saying the Raiders are talking to the Browns about Quinn. Really if we can somehow get rid of Russell and his contract for Quinn Id take it. Russell has been the worst QB Ive ever seen, sure Quinn hasnt been all that good either, but Im sure alot of people would take Quinn over Russell

vikes_28
10-14-2009, 12:24 AM
I think Quinn could learn a lot behind Favre the remainder of the season. Quinn for TJack strait up. :D

A Perfect Score
10-14-2009, 12:33 AM
I think Carolina would be really smart to ship a draft pick over if his value is low. They have absolutely nothing behind Delhomme and no young prospect to develop with any nature of talent. Quinn is still very young and with the right staff in place could definitely succeed.

How ironic would it be if the Raiders traded for Quinn to start over Russell after passing on Quinn to draft Russell? That would be awesome.

RaiderNation
10-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Teams that make the most sense for getting Quinn are
St Louis
Panthers
Seahawks

Once again dont count out Oakland, probably give up Nnamdi for him. 2 QBs in at the same time! Who has the ball? Raiders FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General Zod
10-14-2009, 12:46 AM
I think Quinn could learn a lot behind Favre the remainder of the season. Quinn for TJack strait up. :D

Brilliant! lol

No really, I hope for Bradys sake he gets out of Clevland asap.

How Mangini is still coaching an NFL team is beyond me.

CC.SD
10-14-2009, 12:55 AM
How does Brady have more trade buzz than Leinart, the world's most forgotten man?

WMD
10-14-2009, 01:14 AM
He'll be traded for a 6th Round Pick and a former Jets player.

PoopSandwich
10-14-2009, 01:16 AM

brett favre and a 6th round pick...

vikes_28
10-14-2009, 01:46 AM
How does Brady have more trade buzz than Leinart, the world's most forgotten man?

I think that the coaching staff in Arizona still has faith in Leinart. Obviously or they would have released him a long time ago since they have Warner.

BlindSite
10-14-2009, 04:28 AM
No it's not just because of his Raiders performance. He still has a very good arm and if you put a real line in front of him he can do a very good job. The Giants coaching staff pretty much built him back up from scratch where he could start for a team.

Did you forget his play in Carolina in 2007, it's not like he was lacking in a supporting cast even then with Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams, even then the Panthers didn't have a terrible offensive line.

He held on to the ball too long, failed to look past the checkdown line and in general melted under anything other than a non-existent pass rush.

The guy should never get another starting gig.

To continue the homer theme, Carolina I would have thought may have been a possibility.

Back in time when Quinn was coming out, Fox reportedly contacted Charlie Weiss (whom he is very close with) and had a discussion (or so the rumor goes) about his potential and had he been there at 25 the Panthers wouldn't have necessarily gone with Jon Beason (keep in mind this is before Dan Morgan retired from football).

That is to say, the Panthers may have drafted quinn in 2007 had Cleveland not traded to in front of Carolina to select him. Add to the fact that Rip Scherer now is in Carolina who was Quinn's coach the last two years and is a QB developer, and Davidson being a former brown's coach and you can see a lot of influences there, but then again there's almost no ammunition I could see the Panthers parting with since the 49ers already have the Panthers first round pick and god only knows how much leway Hurney has at the moment considering the 1-3 start

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2009, 07:31 AM
what recovery? dude is a career back-up at best.

Well let's see what he can do when he isn't getting tossed around the place with a horrible OL. I think he still has game left in him. He just needs to go to a place where he isn't going to get owned like he was in Houston.

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2009, 09:18 AM
well sure, but i hardly think jamarcus russell is a good comparison. :eek:

I refuse to think of Russel as an NFL QB right now so I wasn't even thinking of him.

Iamcanadian
10-14-2009, 10:08 AM

Sounds about right. IMO, Quinn just doesn't have it and never will. He's been in the league for awhile now and 2 HC's and 2 OC's have turned thumbs down on him. just because he was a former 1st rounder doesn't mean he will suddenly be good. He's a flop who will be out of the league in a year or 2.

10-14-2009, 10:09 AM
David Carr made his OL look a lot worse than it was, the same way good QBs make their OL look a lot better. If the Raiders make a move for Quinn, they'll simply be going from one 2007 draft bust to another. Quinn sucks. He doesn't have it and he never will have it.

10-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Sounds about right. IMO, Quinn just doesn't have it and never will. He's been in the league for awhile now and 2 HC's and 2 OC's have turned thumbs down on him. just because he was a former 1st rounder doesn't mean he will suddenly be good. He's a flop who will be out of the league in a year or 2.

K seriously this is the 3rd time this week someone has beaten me to the punch of saying the exact same thing. lol.

nobodyinparticular
10-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I was going to use Kerry Collins as an example but Collins had a lot more success before his meltdown. Don't forget Carr had a pretty good half last year in Week 17 also when the Vikings needed a win. I know it's a small sample size but he's just as good now as some other QB's that are playing.

And Jamarcus Russell had two very good games when Tampa Bay and Denver needs wins last year. What's your point? If that actually meant something, that Raiders would be 4-1 now and jockeying with the Broncos for 1st place.

drowe
10-14-2009, 10:18 AM
I never thought Quinn got a fair shot in Cleveland...and I don't think he ever will get a fair shot. Starting over is Quinn's best chance at success. And, it'll be good for Cleveland to clear up the muddled QB picture.

Also, I really thought the Browns and the Browns fans gave up on Tim Couch too quickly. something to be careful of. If they're gonna keep investing money and draft picks into young QBs, they need to develop them correctly. I believe a young QBs success is based about 30% on his talent and 70% on the situation he's in. The Browns haven't had a successful QB since they re-joined the league. Maybe it's time to stop blaming the QBs....

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2009, 10:26 AM
And Jamarcus Russell had two very good games when Tampa Bay and Denver needs wins last year. What's your point? If that actually meant something, that Raiders would be 4-1 now and jockeying with the Broncos for 1st place.

No I was just pointing out the fact that when Carr has been in games the last 2 years he's looked good. Like I said it's a limited sample size but it's better than him looking bad in these games.

PACKmanN
10-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Packers fans were saying the same thing with Rodgers, he had 2 OCs in 2 years and wasnt developing as the team liked. Then came his third year and showed a lot of potential.

Jughead10
10-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Packers fans were saying the same thing with Rodgers, he had 2 OCs in 2 years and wasnt developing as the team liked. Then came his third year and showed a lot of potential.

Also Quinn was given a shot and played decent last year. And after I think only 2 games got hurt.

The problem I think is Magini doesn't like Quinn and never really wanted to play him in the first place. It painfully obvious. Quinn got benched in Baltimore and Anderson came in and did worse. Now Anderson went 2 for 17 this past Sunday? Quinn's best bet is getting out of Cleveland. I think ownership may have told Mangini to play Quinn to start the season and he didn't really care for that. Thus the quick hook.

yourfavestoner
10-14-2009, 11:38 AM
I never thought Quinn got a fair shot in Cleveland...and I don't think he ever will get a fair shot. Starting over is Quinn's best chance at success. And, it'll be good for Cleveland to clear up the muddled QB picture.

Also, I really thought the Browns and the Browns fans gave up on Tim Couch too quickly. something to be careful of. If they're gonna keep investing money and draft picks into young QBs, they need to develop them correctly. I believe a young QBs success is based about 30% on his talent and 70% on the situation he's in. The Browns haven't had a successful QB since they re-joined the league. Maybe it's time to stop blaming the QBs....

Meh...I disagree. I think Quinn is in the same boat as Couch in the fact that they just don't have "it". I still laugh at the fact that Couch was a top overall pick in the draft.

no bare feet
10-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Quinn should give up football and stick to real estate.

LizardState
10-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Mangini denies he's trying to move Quinn:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4558301

He may be lying though.

If Edwards' career can be reborn with the Jets as we saw Monday night, Quinn's can in St. Louis or Carolina. He's low mileage with lots of upside in a new NFL city.

Both Al Davis & Mangini seem to like trading for the adrenalin rush of it, no one s/b surprised if those 2 play lets make a deal

Brown Leader
10-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Quinn may be suffering from Tim Couch syndrome: A good quarterback who suffers from being on a Cleveland Browns team that just doesn't have the talent, and is mentally/physically broken as a result.

Fail. Couch a good QB?

Sounds good.

PoopSandwich
10-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Well let's see what he can do when he isn't getting tossed around the place with a horrible OL. I think he still has game left in him. He just needs to go to a place where he isn't going to get owned like he was in Houston.

If there is anything about the Browns that isn't bad its our offensive line...

wonderbredd24
10-14-2009, 05:15 PM

Right side of the line is ****

PoopSandwich
10-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Right side of the line is ****

Yeah but we have one of the best LT/LG if not the best LT/LG duo in the league and Alex Mack is flat out awesome so far for us. The right side kind of sucks but I mean it's not like DA has been getting sacked much.

Gay Ork Wang
10-14-2009, 05:38 PM
he is talking about Carr and the Houston Line back in the days

wonderbredd24
10-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah but we have one of the best LT/LG if not the best LT/LG duo in the league and Alex Mack is flat out awesome so far for us. The right side kind of sucks but I mean it's not like DA has been getting sacked much.

I will be a little surprised if Steinbach is still here for opening day next year. He's a great guard, but he's not Mangini's style, and he can probably get a nice package for him for a team that likes smaller, more agile, technicians. Mangini likes big, mauling type guys and Steinbach will never be that.

Alex Mack has been fantastic. He was enormous in the win over Buffalo. Love his game, love his attitude.

John St. Clair is **** and Hank Fraley is mediocre. Right Tackle is a big need for us and they need to draft some guards

aNYtitan
10-15-2009, 11:29 AM

Alright so Brady can see the rushers coming at him as opposed to blindsiding him? I can go with Joe Thomas being up there with the elite, I believe he held Jarde Allen to 0 sacks that game versus Minny.

PoopSandwich
10-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Alright so Brady can see the rushers coming at him as opposed to blindsiding him? I can go with Joe Thomas being up there with the elite, I believe he held Jarde Allen to 0 sacks that game versus Minny.

TBH that was my biggest problem with Quinn over anything the first three games and it was maddening watching it unfold. There would be a pass rush that would come a bit late and it would be coming right at him and he would see it unfolding and he would just stand there and take the sack.

NotRickJames
10-15-2009, 06:41 PM
You're complaining that he's on an atrocious team, and your solution is send him to the Rams?

I was not complaining, but merely pointing out an obvious fact.

Like I said, the man needs a legitimate chance. Starting six games is not a legitimate chance for a first round pick, and anybody who says otherwise needs to put down the crackpipe.

kalbears13
10-16-2009, 04:25 AM
I'm not defending Quinn or Anderson but I'm thinking the receivers aren't getting open. It would make a lot of sense in defense of both of the quarterbacks and the Browns do have a very, very weak receiving core. If anything, I believe that the Browns need a receiving core before they decide on whether these QB's are worth anything.

Shane P. Hallam
10-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Look at the chances Russell is getting. Quinn deserves tha ttoo, despite the Browns having a better back-up QB than Oakland does.

JT Jag
10-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Fail. Couch a good QB?Not now, he isn't. But he could have been in a different situation.

Bucs_Rule
10-17-2009, 10:05 AM
The recent success of Sanchez, Ryan, Flacco, Big Ben can skew peoples expectations. In their first year starting they had a strong running game with atleast a decent defense. Its so much easier to look good when you hand it off most of the time and teams have to respect and play the run.

When your on a team with terrible receivers, one side of the line can't block and a running game that doesn't work its really hard to do well. Payton Manning really struggled his first year. You have to give the guy time to develop. If Mangini wants to go with Anderson instead he needs to trad Quinn, in the offseason he'd get more and stick with Anderson. Don't shuffle back and forth between young QBs.

CC.SD
10-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Whoever buys Brady's house is going to be finding anal beads and crushed energy drink cans for months.

MetSox17
10-22-2009, 02:56 PM
I smell conspiracy!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4585883

Shahin
10-22-2009, 03:04 PM
I smell conspiracy!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4585883

could they possibly be that cheap?

MetSox17
10-22-2009, 03:15 PM
could they possibly be that cheap?

It's the Browns. Nothing would surprise me.

wonderbredd24
10-22-2009, 05:06 PM
As long as he plays like ****, why should he get the $11 million? There's a reason it's an incentive laden contract. He bet on himself and lost.

Anytime he decides to stop being a ***** and look at his receivers instead of the pass rush, I'm all for it, but he certainly doesn't deserve that money right now.

OneToughGame
10-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I'd trade a 4th for Quinn if I was Tim Ruskell. That's if Locker declares and he doesn't get him (I'd be a sad panda :( )