PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline Talk

D-Unit
10-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Since trade talk is normally crazy talk....

Here are my crazy suggestions to go after based off the rumors of who's available.

1. Shawne Merriman - Problems about SD being able to resign him have them thinking trade high. SD's GM Smith has soured on him big time. Let's use Wade one last time to bring in a former player. We have plenty of young OLBs to send their way, starting with Anthony Spencer. We could also send Carpenter as a throw in. I'm really down for almost any deal to bring Merriman opposite of Ware. Talk about dreamy.

2. Nnamdi Asomugha - According to Jay Glazer, the Raiders are looking to trade Nnandi.. Wanting a CB and a high draft pick. Terence Newman and a 2nd rounder??? I'm down.

3. Derrick Johnson - I always wanted him in Dallas. I doubt it would cost much.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

"Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson is apparently on the trading block, according to the National Football Post. The 2005 first-round pick hasn't been playing very much this season.

He's getting toward the end of a five-year deal that pays him $10.4 million."

brat316
10-14-2009, 01:41 PM
So its true all the players on the raiders team are game, I guess they are starting from scratch.

Maybe Al Davis realizes he is crazy and end of this season he hires a real GM and coach.

Macarthur
10-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Since trade talk is normally crazy talk....

Here are my crazy suggestions to go after based off the rumors of who's available.

1. Shawne Merriman - Problems about SD being able to resign him have them thinking trade high. SD's GM Smith has soured on him big time. Let's use Wade one last time to bring in a former player. We have plenty of young OLBs to send their way, starting with Anthony Spencer. We could also send Carpenter as a throw in. I'm really down for almost any deal to bring Merriman opposite of Ware. Talk about dreamy.

I would be all over this. I know he's not playing like he did a few years ago, but he's a major upgrade over Spencer and I think he may be one of these guys that might be energized by a change of scenery.

2. Nnamdi Asomugha - According to Jay Glazer, the Raiders are looking to trade Nnandi.. Wanting a CB and a high draft pick. Terence Newman and a 2nd rounder??? I'm down.

I would love getting Nnamdi. He is a stud, but isn't Newman's contract close to the same?

How about trading Jenkins and a 4th rounder? That would be more financially attractive for Oak.

3. Derrick Johnson - I always wanted him in Dallas. I doubt it would cost much.

I like him. He's still young. What are his pass rush skills? We need help in 2 areas: Pass rush and coverage. That's why I like the other two above scenarios better.

MetSox17
10-15-2009, 04:36 AM
I'd love to have DJ, just because he's a product of Texas. Bring em all back. We can trade for Michael Huff too ;)

As far as Asomugha and Merriman go, i'd love to have them, but obviously it would depend on what we'd be giving up. I'd do Newman and a 2nd or 3rd for Aso, i wouldn't package a deal with Jenkins though. He's looking like he's gonna be a stud in a few years, plus we need to stay young, not keep the old, oft injured guy.

As far as Merriman, i'd rather we just wait till he's a FA. Chargers probably won't match any offers made to him. But they'd have to negotiate compensation cause a first and a third seems like a steep price to pay for a guy who isn't the pro-bowl LB he used to be.

leroyisgod
10-15-2009, 10:00 AM
No to 1 and 3. Possibly to 2, but I think we'd have to give up too much.

Macarthur
10-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Yes. The all hinges, of course, on what you have to give up. I'd like to have a couple of these guys, but I don't want to give up any more 1st round picks.

D-Unit
10-15-2009, 12:01 PM
I think Merriman is the perfect buy low candidate, but the Chargers are probably not dumb enough to sell low. What would it take? Well for starters, I'd gladly send them Anthony Spencer to start off with. How bout we throw in Marcus Spears or Bobby Carpenter and a 5th or 6th rounder?

This is a chance for Jerry to go out and make something brilliant happen. I hope he doesn't miss out on this chance.

Macarthur
10-15-2009, 12:11 PM
I think Merriman is the perfect buy low candidate, but the Chargers are probably not dumb enough to sell low. What would it take? Well for starters, I'd gladly send them Anthony Spencer to start off with. How bout we throw in Marcus Spears or Bobby Carpenter and a 5th or 6th rounder?

This is a chance for Jerry to go out and make something brilliant happen. I hope he doesn't miss out on this chance.

I wonder if Spencer, Carp and a 3rd would get it done?

Geo
10-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Is Spencer playing that badly and/or that ineffective a pass rusher, that he's not better than a gimped Merriman?

Macarthur
10-15-2009, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't say he's been bad. Right now he's JAG. At least we know Merriman has the potential to get after the QB, espcially when he gets healthy.

E-Man
10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Is Spencer playing that badly and/or that ineffective a pass rusher, that he's not better than a gimped Merriman?

Personally I think he's been playing well, but as a pass rusher he hasn't done much. He's better in coverage than I thought, and he's really good at stopping the run. If sacks weren't an overrated stat he wouldn't be looked at as a bust, but he hasn't gotten any QB pressures to help his case. He lacks something there, and it's disappointing. I wouldn't want to trade him, but for Merriman I'd put his ass on a plane to San Diego faster than Usain Bolt running from a *** bar. Merriman may be gimped, but with Ware we're talking a top 3 defense here. Two great pass rushers like that would put Dallas in a Super Bowl run.

Modano
10-15-2009, 01:41 PM

I'm always optimistic so be careful with my words but I think he's getting better. Just like Ware he had some games where he was just half a step late, but I think he's getting closer to a big game. Brooking said a few days ago that Spencer is "right around the corner from being a game-changing player" so I hope he's right.
The one who's playing, as usually, so badly is Carpenter.

herniateddisc
10-15-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm always optimistic so be careful with my words but I think he's getting better. Just like Ware he had some games where he was just half a step late, but I think he's getting closer to a big game. Brooking said a few days ago that Spencer is "right around the corner from being a game-changing player" so I hope he's right.

You have guys like Hamlin, Flo and Romo costing us games but Carpenter gets the lash!!!!

Forrest, Trees.

Ward
10-15-2009, 04:17 PM
I would rather see us try and trade for a guy like Huff if Oakland is giving anyone away. Asomugha would be nice, but necessary? I think right now safety is a more pressing need.

E-Man
10-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Safety is a more pressing need, but are we sure that Huff is the guy to change things? I know he had a lot of hype from college, but he hasn't been all that stellar in the pros unless he's turned it on this year. I wouldn't mind having a guy with his talent, but I wouldn't put much stock in him changing things.

Ward
10-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Safety is a more pressing need, but are we sure that Huff is the guy to change things? I know he had a lot of hype from college, but he hasn't been all that stellar in the pros unless he's turned it on this year. I wouldn't mind having a guy with his talent, but I wouldn't put much stock in him changing things.

Not sure at all, just talking priorities really. Huff was used as an example in comparison to Asomugha b/c they're both Raiders. I think there is definitely an effect a franchise can have on a player in clouding their talent. Jeff Garcia looked terrible in Detroit and Cleveland. KW2 and Braylon Edwards both weren't looking great for large stretches of their time in Cleveland. Leonard Davis was misused and unmotivated in Arizona. I think any time you're evaluating talent of a guy who plays for a dysfunctional franchise, you have to wonder what they could do in a better situation. That said, I'll again repeat that I don't necessarily think Huff is our answer. I don't know what the answer is, but I'm warming up to USF's Nate Allen. Obviously I'd be thrilled with Berry or Mays (and I do think we'll have a shot at one of them without trading up majorly). But Nate Allen would be a consolation prize I'd be excited about.

In general, my preference would be to draft and develop our own talent. I think Hamlin at SS would be ideal for him, and finding a true center fielding safety with solid instincts. I think that is what made Woodson successful for us. He wasn't necessarily the fastest Ed Reed-type safety, but he was smart, and I think it was the Tuna who once said that smart players play fast.

D-Unit
10-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Right now we are missing Greg Ellis. ...and it hurts to say that considering how much bashing I gave him throughout his time here.

Never cared for Spencer, but allowed myself to get convinced by his senior numbers, scout reports and the guys here that he might be better than I thought.

So now, I'm back at square one unless he turns things around this season.

If I could get Merriman, there's no mistake he'd be an upgrade in my eyes. None at all. Merriman is better than what people are seeing of him so far this season. But I understand how you can think he's already washed up. More and more people are leaning that way. Just not me...yet.

D-Unit
10-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Good to hear those words from Brooking. Thanks for mentioning that. Now... we have to see it, but that's positive leadership by Brooking (once again).

D-Unit
10-15-2009, 07:42 PM
I would rather see us try and trade for a guy like Huff if Oakland is giving anyone away. Asomugha would be nice, but necessary? I think right now safety is a more pressing need.
I dunno. It's becoming more and more clear to me that Newman is on the decline and his value is diminshing as we speak. I'd be happy to unload him and his contract in exchange for a better player at a similar price. Whatever we have to give Al to be happy... a pick or lesser player... then I'm down for it. Newman's value will be zero sooner rather than later.

Modano
10-16-2009, 01:43 AM
You have guys like Hamlin, Flo and Romo costing us games but Carpenter gets the lash!!!!

Forrest, Trees.

Carpenter is USELESS. Romo is still a good QB and he can still win some games, while Flozell...well Flozell is Flozell, but we don't have better options... yes his penalties are huge (and they have always been huge) but he also shuts down some good DEs, like Peppers against the Panthers.
But Carpenter is just plain useless, he can't do anything on a football field.

LizardState
10-16-2009, 09:28 AM

Forrest, Trees.

Got to agree with HD here. No replacements for Romo or Flozell, Carpenter is useless fluff we throw in like a cherry on top to seal a deal.

I think we pass on Merriman b/c he may well not be back to 100% from the knee injury. Asomugha is too expensive, but Derrick Johnson is affordable, is Spencer & Carpenter for Johnson doable?

FinChase
10-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Got to agree with HD here. No replacements for Romo or Flozell, Carpenter is useless fluff we throw in like a cherry on top to seal a deal.

I think we pass on Merriman b/c he may well not be back to 100% from the knee injury. Asomugha is too expensive, but Derrick Johnson is affordable, is Spencer & Carpenter for Johnson doable?

Hasn't Johnson been benched in KC? If so, that's too much for a player who may be cut soon. Maybe Johnson could be had for a low draft choice.

Macarthur
10-16-2009, 01:14 PM
. But I understand how you can think he's already washed up. More and more people are leaning that way. Just not me...yet.

You know, he's only 25! I think when he gets fully healthy, he's going get back to rushing the passer.

Geo
10-16-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm not ready to say Merriman is washed up, but he sure doesn't look his normal self. Not at all, he's missing a lot of the explosion, speed, and power he used to have.

AJ Smith and the Chargers wanted him to get the knee surgery after the 2007 postseason, but he refused and failed miserably at the start of the 2008 season trying to play with it. He not only screwed himself but he screwed his team for 2008, and now 2009 as well. Don't forget how much of a dip**** this guy still is and always will be.

I'd ask if the Cowboys have a young undersized linebacker they can put in to pass rush, but if I vaguely recall they are probably on IR. Still, I'd save the draft pick and look elsewhere ... probably take a flier on former Colts DE Marcus Howard (6-0/235), the kid is a speed demon.

Btw how's fellow former Colts DE Curtis Johnson working out for you guys? He's got pass rushing potential too.

crisco0710
10-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Merriman sounds like the perfect player the cowboys would go after, you know the ones who are hurt or playing badly but have a good name so even though Jerry isn't sure if that player can play he still sends 4 draft picks to them and then resigns that player to a blockbuster deal!

herniateddisc
10-16-2009, 04:20 PM
I think Merriman in Dallas being "dissed" by SD and told "rehab and play next year" becomes a monster in 2010.

Problem is .... we don't have cash to sign 22 Pro-Bowlers which is how most Cowboy fans think Jerrah should manage.

Ward
10-16-2009, 06:06 PM
I think Merriman in Dallas being "dissed" by SD and told "rehab and play next year" becomes a monster in 2010.

Problem is .... we don't have cash to sign 22 Pro-Bowlers which is how most Cowboy fans think Jerrah should manage.

It works in Madden!!!

herniateddisc
10-16-2009, 11:45 PM
It works in Madden!!!

Yeah we are getting Merriman, Wolfork, Lee Evans plus the draft.

NY Yankees of football.

D-Unit
10-17-2009, 12:16 AM
We have so much dead weight in cap it's ridiculous... Flozell, Hamlin, Newman, Bradie... but that's besides the point. Jerry is masterful with the cap. Always has been. Never thought we were trading for Roy Williams last year... he made it happen. So as Madden as it sounds, it's more a fact of Jerry not wanting to make it happen than it not being possible.

Then we have the whole uncapped year thingamagig...

herniateddisc
10-17-2009, 08:58 AM
We have so much dead weight in cap it's ridiculous

OK

Jerry is masterful with the cap. Always has been.

But, I thought we had so much dead weight?

... Flozell, Hamlin, Newman, Bradie... but that's besides the point.

Yeah those were bad signings.

Never thought we were trading for Roy Williams last year... he made it happen.

But, that was a horrible trade and sign too. It was god awful the worst since Joey Galloway and Roy SS Williams.

He made it happen alright.

So as Madden as it sounds, it's more a fact of Jerry not wanting to make it happen than it not being possible. Then we have the whole uncapped year thingamagig...

There is no doubt the Jerrah is a delusional egoist and would create all sorts of horrible trade ans sign scenarios if FELT LIKE IT.

Roy was the classic Jerrah way over reaction spending 10X what was needed while not really addressing the basic problem. There is like a disgruntled WR every year that can be had for a second rounder and some change -- easily Boldin last and Edwards this year.

Now I know most fans would never have thought it a good idea but if he had simply cut TO and had an eye for talent ...... we could have had Austin starting last year with Crayton and we could have had a 1 and 3 this past draft.

1 and 3 plus all those OTHER picks could have been Unger and Maualuga in the second or even Loadhoalt.

Imagine -- Loadholt, Unger and Maualuga. Would have been possible with the picks we had that we pissed away drafting STers in the 4th round..

Jones is really only marginally brighter than Al Davis. Breathless really in the magnitude of his incompetence and even moreso the fans who stick up for him.

As I have said, if you worked for a boss like Jerrah Jones you would go home every night screaming at his arrogance and crying over his stupidity.

LizardState
10-17-2009, 10:25 AM
We have so much dead weight in cap it's ridiculous... Flozell, Hamlin, Newman, Bradie... but that's besides the point. Jerry is masterful with the cap. Always has been. Never thought we were trading for Roy Williams last year... he made it happen. So as Madden as it sounds, it's more a fact of Jerry not wanting to make it happen than it not being possible.

Everyone you mentioned there should take a pay cut to bring in the BPA in a trade. They should all take a pay cut just b/c....... rosterwide restructuring is no big deal, the Raiders used do it wkly.

Isn't the big p/o the cap this yr tied up in the new Ware contract where they're trying to lock him for the whole career?

D-Unit
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
OK

But, I thought we had so much dead weight?

Yeah those were bad signings.

But, that was a horrible trade and sign too. It was god awful the worst since Joey Galloway and Roy SS Williams.

He made it happen alright.

There is no doubt the Jerrah is a delusional egoist and would create all sorts of horrible trade ans sign scenarios if FELT LIKE IT.

Roy was the classic Jerrah way over reaction spending 10X what was needed while not really addressing the basic problem. There is like a disgruntled WR every year that can be had for a second rounder and some change -- easily Boldin last and Edwards this year.

Now I know most fans would never have thought it a good idea but if he had simply cut TO and had an eye for talent ...... we could have had Austin starting last year with Crayton and we could have had a 1 and 3 this past draft.

1 and 3 plus all those OTHER picks could have been Unger and Maualuga in the second or even Loadhoalt.

Imagine -- Loadholt, Unger and Maualuga. Would have been possible with the picks we had that we pissed away drafting STers in the 4th round..

Jones is really only marginally brighter than Al Davis. Breathless really in the magnitude of his incompetence and even moreso the fans who stick up for him.

As I have said, if you worked for a boss like Jerrah Jones you would go home every night screaming at his arrogance and crying over his stupidity.
Saying he is masterful with the cap, doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes bringing/keeping those guys. I'm talking about the management of the cap. Outside of Bradie (who played unbelievably well in his contract year), I wanted to resign those guys. I was happy with bringing back Hamlin, Newman, and yes, even Flozell. We all know Flo won't live out that contract. The fact that those guys aren't playing up to their contract is not something I blame Jerry on. I can see how you equate the two, but it's a stretch.

I'm ok with blasting Jerry for the Roy Williams trade. I'm not gonna say it's as bad as Galloway though. I thought there was upside/downside to the trade, but I decided to stick up for the trade when we made it. I thought it was pretty awesome at the time. Roy hasn't been all that yet, but he hasn't been targeted that much as well. I think he needs to be given a better chance. It's gonna take more than 5 games into the season before we can really judge the trade. But right now, bashers have the upper hand.

I think you're just overracting about Jerry again.

herniateddisc
10-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I think you're just overracting about Jerry again.

That is just me over-reacting (acting too!) for 4 years to bad player personnel decisions which multiply like Rabbitts on via-gra.

Just on dumb idea on top of the other.

quincyyyyy
10-19-2009, 09:03 PM

James is going to cost around 4 to 4.5 against the cap. How is he dead weight?

Furthermore we have about 11.6 mil in cap space right now. Keeping in mind we have a loads dead space from cutting owens, Roy L. Williams, Henry, and Greg ellis, which will be freed up after this season. You can also save money by cutting Hamlin after this season.

Although resigning Ware is probably going to result in adding 9 mill to the cap, and resigning Sensebaugh is going to probably add 4 mil to the cap. So I'd expect we will have around 10-15 million in cap space to work with. So basically there is enough room to target a big name free agent.

Although there is always a chance that there would be an uncapped offseason.

D-Unit
10-19-2009, 09:16 PM
James is going to cost around 4 to 4.5 against the cap. How is he dead weight?

Furthermore we have about 11.6 mil in cap space right now. Keeping in mind we have a loads dead space from cutting owens, Roy L. Williams, Henry, and Greg ellis, which will be freed up after this season. You can also save money by cutting Hamlin after this season.

Although resigning Ware is probably going to result in adding 9 mill to the cap, and resigning Sensebaugh is going to probably add 4 mil to the cap. So I'd expect we will have around 10-15 million in cap space to work with. So basically there is enough room to target a big name free agent.

Although there is always a chance that there would be an uncapped offseason.
Excuse the term. I'm pretty much talking about guys who are no longer playing up to their big contracts. Guys wasting our cap being spent on them.

I hope T-New turns things around, but I dunno, I think sooner rather than later that his age will catch up with him.

herniateddisc
10-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Any thoughts on Alex Barron??

herniateddisc
10-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Resigning either of our two safeties is silly beyond $1-2MM per.

They both are non-play makers

Macarthur
10-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm not quiet ready to give up on Sensy. I certainly wouldn't give another big contract, but he may be a guy to keep around at a reasonable price.

D-Unit
10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Any thoughts on Alex Barron??
Hasn't lived up to expectations. Is a finesse tackle who doesn't fit Hudson Houck's style of play.

Would probably do well in a ZBS.

MetSox17
10-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Barron's a scrub. There's a reason St. Louis wants to get rid of him. He gets abused weekly on the left side. I don't know why the hell he's there anyway, he started his career playing RT, with Jason Smith i would have imagined that they would have brought him back over.

E-Man
10-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm not quiet ready to give up on Sensy. I certainly wouldn't give another big contract, but he may be a guy to keep around at a reasonable price.

I can get with that. I don't think he's played too bad, but I do want to see more from him. He's supposed to have good speed and quickness, but so far we haven't seen it. If he was cheap, he would be a good vet to keep the safety core from being too young. I do want to see what Hamlin has. I really liked him in college, and I'm curious to see if he can handle the NFL game.

herniateddisc
10-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Both our safeties need to return the salary to Mr Jones.

S, ILB and NT ...

diesel
10-22-2009, 08:17 PM
We need to do whatever it takes to get Eric Berry. Trade Hamlin away get some picks and move up. Keep Sensy, I really think he will be something good here. I think we should've done the Bennett trade to be honest. He's already taking his shots at Romo and still seems to be that guy from Hard Knocks not knowing where to be at on the field. I like his talent but he seems to be heading in a negative direction. Maybe he hung out with TO a little too long?

D-Unit
10-22-2009, 08:29 PM
We need to do whatever it takes to get Eric Berry. Trade Hamlin away get some picks and move up. Keep Sensy, I really think he will be something good here. I think we should've done the Bennett trade to be honest. He's already taking his shots at Romo and still seems to be that guy from Hard Knocks not knowing where to be at on the field. I like his talent but he seems to be heading in a negative direction. Maybe he hung out with TO a little too long?
For your own health and safety.... Give up the dream.

D-Unit
10-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Both our safeties need to return the salary to Mr Jones.

S, ILB and NT ...
I liked the idea prior to drafting Jenkins and I like it now....

Move Mike Jenkins to Safety.

Let Scandrick start at Corner opposite of Newman.

Both will take their lumps, but it would benefit the team in the long run.

MetSox17
10-22-2009, 10:02 PM
I liked the idea prior to drafting Jenkins and I like it now....

Move Mike Jenkins to Safety.

Let Scandrick start at Corner opposite of Newman.

Both will take their lumps, but it would benefit the team in the long run.

This ain't Madden, brah.

Mike Jenkins isn't physical enough to play the safety spot. Scandrick got beat like a dirty rug when he started this year. Who would play the nickel (or the second CB position if Newman were to play inside)? We'd be short handed at the CB position and we'd have a guy playing a position he hasn't played in over two years.

Tell me again why it's a good idea?

MetSox17
10-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Consider your bridge burnt.

I have no problems at all with people disagreeing. It was the tone and sassy mouth.

So because i say "brah" in jest, you get this upset? I've seen you berate others, myself included, A LOT worse than a simple comment like that, but i guess. Besides, that second post fully explained my opinion on moving Jenkins, so i don't understand what the problem is.

D-Unit
10-23-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm just gonna leave it at that and get back to my Madden game.

herniateddisc
10-23-2009, 08:15 AM
This ain't Madden, brah.

Mike Jenkins isn't physical enough to play the safety spot. Scandrick got beat like a dirty rug when he started this year. Who would play the nickel (or the second CB position if Newman were to play inside)? We'd be short handed at the CB position and we'd have a guy playing a position he hasn't played in over two years.

Tell me again why it's a good idea?

2 words for you .... Earl Thomas!!!

Ed Reed brain in Sean Taylor's body with Deion Sanders speed. The next greatest-ever LONGHORN DB, sure fire College and Pro HOFer!!!!!!!!

OT: Seeing Scandrick this year has disabused me of his readiness to play CB as a starter. His tackling is by far worse than Jenkins or Newman and he get toasted on double moves.

LizardState
10-23-2009, 09:50 AM
The Bengals put forth a "significant offer" for Cowboys backup TE Martellus Bennett on the trade deadline Tuesday. Jerry thumbs-downed the move. This is the ESPN AFC North writer's report, good to see the acquiring team's take on it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/4651/bengals-tried-to-make-a-move

With their 2 starting TEs out it was the best move the Bengals could make. They're uncharacteristic winners this yr & apparently Cincy wants to stay that way in their division usually dominated by Pittsburgh & B-More. IDK what the Bengals offer was, anybody?

yno88
10-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Seriously?

MetSox17
10-23-2009, 12:27 PM
The Bengals put forth a "significant offer" for Cowboys backup TE Martellus Bennett on the trade deadline Tuesday. Jerry thumbs-downed the move. This is the ESPN AFC North writer's report, good to see the acquiring team's take on it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/4651/bengals-tried-to-make-a-move

With their 2 starting TEs out it was the best move the Bengals could make. They're uncharacteristic winners this yr & apparently Cincy wants to stay that way in their division usually dominated by Pittsburgh & B-More. IDK what the Bengals offer was, anybody?

This was being discussed in one of the other threads. Not sure if it was Jerry's exact words, but it was at least a second round pick.