PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Hines
10-15-2009, 04:02 PM
I am very, very intrigued to watch the Ravens and Vikings play. That game is going to be a defensive battle all day. The Monday night game is going to be good as well.

Jvig43
10-15-2009, 05:39 PM
I cannot wait for Denver vs San Diego.

d34ng3l021
10-15-2009, 06:00 PM
The Ravens' defense isn't their forte anymore, in my opinion. Yeah, they are still have a good defense, but Cam Cameron and Flacco, along with strong running by Rice and McGahee, have transformed the Ravens into more of an offensive team in my opinion. Their run defense has always been good, and always will be with Ngata's awesomeness, but their pass defense has had question marks all over it since last year. Favre has had success feeding off of the extra defenders committed to stopping Peterson and might have a big day again. However, I am hoping that the Ravens can finally expose MIN's defense to not be so god-like and dominant; they are enjoying a ton of their success playing terrible offenses or offensive lines. BAL O vs MIN D will be a good measuring stick for both units; has Flacco and the offense arrived or is this MIN D really an reincarnation of the Purple People Eaters?

How does everyone feel about the SNF match up? Jay Cutler and the Bears travel to Atlanta to take on Ryan and the Falcons. It is a great match up of 2 young franchise QBs (but ryan > cutler) and teams that are just below the class of the NFC (5-0 Giants, 5-0 Saints). The Falcons offense exploded and showed its potential against a tough 49ers defense, but I wonder if it will carry through; getting Turner going, or having the defense respect him is the key for this offense. What worries me is how the Falcons defense handles Forte and Cutler. We played both of them last year and were able to contain Forte on the Bears, but Cutler had a fairly good day while opening up huge lanes for his running game. How is the Bears OL?

wicket
10-15-2009, 06:09 PM
I hope so very very very much that my saints beat the giants. That and winning at home against the falcons and I cant see us missing out on the playoffs provided no teambreaking injuries happen

CC.SD
10-15-2009, 06:21 PM

Me too. Win or lose isn't as important to me as just looking like they care.

2-3 this Charger team has shown time and again it can recover from. Not giving a damn=I swear I will root for losses the rest of the way if it means getting rid of Norv.

scottyboy
10-15-2009, 06:24 PM
As much as I like the Saints, they haven't really beaten anyone that good except the McNabb-less Iggs. I'm feeling our O exposes their D, but that's probably just my inner homer. I'm terrified of Bush against our slow LBers with Boley out

CC.SD
10-15-2009, 06:26 PM
As much as I like the Saints, they haven't really beaten anyone that good except the McNabb-less Iggs. I'm feeling our O exposes their D, but that's probably just my inner homer. I'm terrified of Bush against our slow LBers with Boley out

Just do a decent job on Brees, I'm up against someone this week who somehow has Peterson and Brees. Crappy WRs at least.

wicket
10-15-2009, 06:30 PM

To be fair the giants havent beaten anybody either, although I really appreciated that the giants were so kind as to spoil jerry jones' big party in honour of himself and his compensation size screen

yodabear
10-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Like 10 posts in, and no mentions of the classic between the Rams and Jags. Holt playing his old team....

locseti
10-15-2009, 06:54 PM
why do the vikings have three games in a row at home? thats weak. And are the bucs really planning to start freeman over johnson in the coming weeks?

Bengalsrocket
10-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Like 10 posts in, and no mentions of the classic between the Rams and Jags. Holt playing his old team....

Not that exciting for an outsider :P

Finz99
10-15-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm happy to give my heart a break this weekend. The stress is building up.

FuzzyGopher
10-15-2009, 07:55 PM
why do the vikings have three games in a row at home? thats weak. And are the bucs really planning to start freeman over johnson in the coming weeks?

They opened the season with 2 road games

yo123
10-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Can't wait for the Vikes/Ravens game. My gut tells me we're going to get our first loss though. 5-1 still isn't a bad spot to be in.

We need to get consistent pass rush on Flacco, when we don't get a pass rush our CB's can be beat. Well, Cedric Griffin can be beat. Winfield is the man. Gaither has really started to step up though and is a great LT so if Jared Allen has a good week he's going to have to earn it.

RaiderNation
10-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Hopefully we see more Vick against the Raiders. Game should be over by the 3rd so Im excited to see if he still has it

bored of education
10-15-2009, 08:14 PM
If the Chiefs lose I will not post on here until they get the 4th overall pick :)

yo123
10-15-2009, 08:21 PM
If the Chiefs lose I will not post on here until they get the 4th overall pick :)

I have you guys winning this week. The Redskins are brutal, they've looked terrible in every game with 4 of those games being against Rams, Lions, Bucs, and Panthers.

scottyboy
10-15-2009, 08:27 PM
To be fair the giants havent beaten anybody either, although I really appreciated that the giants were so kind as to spoil jerry jones' big party in honour of himself and his compensation size screen

I agree 100%. But I guess I'm just banking on how good we've been in the past whereas the Saints D has really came out of nowhere. I guess I'm just not used to the major changes this year such as the titans being god awful, broncos being awesome despite the "turmoil" this offseason and the Panthers sucking terribly. It's a new year bringin' about some changes, eh?

I think it'll be a good game, I'm just hoping our pass rush picks it up big time and our sack exchanges effs Brees up haha

yourfavestoner
10-15-2009, 08:30 PM
If we lose to the Rams, I'm going to kill myself.

Smooth Criminal
10-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Theres a few pretty big games this week. Baltimore and Minnesota looks like a good one.

The Unseen
10-15-2009, 08:53 PM
If we lose to the Rams, I'm going to kill myself.

If we lose to the Rams, I'm going to kill.

HawkeyeFan
10-15-2009, 08:57 PM
If we beat the Jags, I'll pleasure my self!

Stash
10-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Hopefully we see more Vick against the Raiders. Game should be over before it starts so Im excited to see if he still has it
Fixed for accuracy.

Splat
10-15-2009, 09:08 PM
I can't handle another 4th quarter melt down by the Chiefs I might dress up like a clown and take people out or some thing...

CC.SD
10-15-2009, 09:10 PM
If we lose to the Rams, I'm going to kill.

Sounds like you have a volunteer in YFS.

Xenos
10-15-2009, 09:11 PM

Same here. As well as the SNF matchup of the Falcons and Bears.

FuzzyGopher
10-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I have you guys winning this week. The Redskins are brutal, they've looked terrible in every game with 4 of those games being against Rams, Lions, Bucs, and Panthers.

Gaither is out with a neck injury, Oher is going to slide over and play LT this week.

tjsunstein
10-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Get the Lions to test out our hopefully healthy and improved offensive line. It's like a test fire drill. It really can't go bad.

Bengalsrocket
10-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Get the Lions to test out our hopefully healthy and improved offensive line. It's like a test fire drill. It really can't go bad.

Let's hope not... lol.

ARE YOU WORRIED NOW!?!? :P

vikes_28
10-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Can't wait for the Vikes/Ravens game. My gut tells me we're going to get our first loss though. 5-1 still isn't a bad spot to be in.

We need to get consistent pass rush on Flacco, when we don't get a pass rush our CB's can be beat. Well, Cedric Griffin can be beat. Winfield is the man. Gaither has really started to step up though and is a great LT so if Jared Allen has a good week he's going to have to earn it.

To tell ya the truth, I think the Vikings could pull away with a well-earned win. I could see Favre throwing all over them tomorrow.

Raiderz4Life
10-16-2009, 01:44 AM
I Have 3 eagles starting this week on my FF team lol

themaninblack
10-16-2009, 02:05 AM
Looks like I'm the odd man out on going to the Bengals-Texans game on Sunday. It really sucks because the game has not yet sold out and if it doesn't by 1pm tomorrow, I won't even be able to watch it.

Rosebud
10-16-2009, 02:37 AM
Looks like I'm the odd man out on going to the Bengals-Texans game on Sunday. It really sucks because the game has not yet sold out and if it doesn't by 1pm tomorrow, I won't even be able to watch it.

I'd like to see the Bengals finally put it together and tee off on that Texans defense, also another good oppurtunity to show people that that D is legit.

Halsey
10-16-2009, 03:19 AM
I saw something recently that's pretty damn impressive and drives home just how good Peyton Manning is: He leads the NFL in yards per pass attempt at just over 9 yards per pass, and he's second in the NFL in completion% at 73.5%. That's pretty ridiculous that the guy who is passing the ball the furthest downfield is completing passes at the second highest rate, which is almost 3/4 of the passes he throws. I don't care what anyone says about his O-line and pass catchers helping him out, that takes some serious QB skills.

Roethlisberger is pretty damn impressive too. He's leading the league in completion% and is 4th in ypa at 8.5 yards per.

Rosebud
10-16-2009, 03:45 AM
I saw something recently that's pretty damn impressive and drives home just how good Peyton Manning is: He leads the NFL in yards per pass attempt at just over 9 yards per pass, and he's second in the NFL in completion% at 73.5%. That's pretty ridiculous that the guy who is passing the ball the furthest downfield is completing passes at the second highest rate, which is almost 3/4 of the passes he throws. I don't care what anyone says about his O-line and pass catchers helping him out, that takes some serious QB skills.

Roethlisberger is pretty damn impressive too. He's leading the league in completion% and is 4th in ypa at 8.5 yards per.

Well, the more completions he has the more total yards he'll have, so his passing yards per attempt doesn't necessarily mean he's throwing it furthest down field, yards per completion would be a better measure of that. But those are still incredible numbers.

JFLO
10-16-2009, 06:25 AM
John Riggins is a worthless piece of ****...

that is all.

The Unseen
10-16-2009, 09:58 AM

Welcome to Being a Jaguars Fan

CC.SD
10-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Welcome to Being a Jaguars Fan

Tebow will save you!

Splat
10-16-2009, 11:13 AM
To tell ya the truth, I think the Vikings could pull away with a well-earned win. I could see Favre throwing all over them tomorrow.

I could also seeing him throwing one right to Ed Reed and Reed taking it for 6.:)

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-16-2009, 11:31 AM
That is what I like about this matchup with the Vikings. If we can stop AP which I think we will they will have to rely on Favre and he can be really good or really bad and Ed Reed is a ball hawk and will take any wild throws.

scottyboy
10-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Here's why I picked the Ravens: Raymell Rice.

He's gonna stiff arm Jared Allen and the 2 fat Williams' at the same time, and they're gonna explode

Hines
10-16-2009, 11:36 AM
I chose the Vikings because I think their defense stops the Ravens and they move on the Ravens' defense. I hope Ray Rice has a good game, though.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-16-2009, 11:39 AM
I chose the Vikings because I think their defense stops the Ravens and they move on the Ravens' defense. I hope Ray Rice has a good game, though.

You must have him on your fantasy team :) I do as well

I don't think the Vikings are going to be able to get the ball moving because they are going to try to get AP a 100 yards on us and it isn't going to happen. Our running game won't be much help to us because of...well you guys know why. We are going to have to make some good passing plays to win this game.

drowe
10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Here's why I picked the Ravens: Raymell Rice.

He's gonna stiff arm Jared Allen and the 2 fat Williams' at the same time, and they're gonna explode

-If Rice causes 3/4 of the Vikings d-line to spontaneously combust, i will buy him a candy bar of his choosing.

-LOVE the Texans-Bengals game. hoping for a shootout as my fantasy football teams are full of Bengals and Texans. I think the Texans pull it out.

-Packers-Lions. meh. gonna be stressful. Everybody wants a blowout...but, forget that the Lions have made almost every game interesting at one point this year. I think the Packers will win. I also think I will yell bad words at my TV.

Hines
10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
You must have him on your fantasy team :) I do as well

I don't think the Vikings are going to be able to get the ball moving because they are going to try to get AP a 100 yards on us and it isn't going to happen. Our running game won't be much help to us because of...well you guys know why. We are going to have to make some good passing plays to win this game.

Yes Rice is on my team and I am going against the only competition in the league this week.

I think Shiancoe is going to have a really good game this week. I wouldn't be surprised if AP and Taylor have good games on the ground agaisnt the Ravens either like the Giants had last year with Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw.

Jvig43
10-16-2009, 12:32 PM
I dont see the Ravens dropping three in a row, Farve throws this one away.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-16-2009, 12:49 PM
I dont see the Ravens dropping three in a row, Farve throws this one away.

I want one of the best LB's ever to get a sack and a pick against one of the best QB's ever

Splat
10-16-2009, 12:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/16/pat-williams-is-sick-of-questions-about-matt-birk/

"Pat Williams is sick of questions about Matt Birk"

"Everyone's trying to make it a Birk thing, a Pat thing. But I don't care," Williams told Sean Jensen of the Pioneer Press. "We don't miss him around here. We don't care about no [expletive] Baltimore or nothing. We're on a mission. We're worried about the Minnesota Vikings. That's it."

"I'm tired of people saying it's going to be a physical game," Williams said. "Our team is physical. We're the physical team."

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-16-2009, 01:09 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/16/pat-williams-is-sick-of-questions-about-matt-birk/

"Pat Williams is sick of questions about Matt Birk"

"Everyone's trying to make it a Birk thing, a Pat thing. But I don't care," Williams told Sean Jensen of the Pioneer Press. "We don't miss him around here. We don't care about no [expletive] Baltimore or nothing. We're on a mission. We're worried about the Minnesota Vikings. That's it."

"I'm tired of people saying it's going to be a physical game," Williams said. "Our team is physical. We're the physical team."

Hell yea that is what I like to hear. Lets get physical..lets see some hard hitting and see who hits harder.....Haloti Ngata or Pat Williams?????????

Jvig43
10-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I want one of the best LB's ever to get a sack and a pick against one of the best QB's ever

Your gonna see Farve throw at least one pick. I see the Vikes being down a score or two and Farve trying to hard to make something happen.

themaninblack
10-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Haha Chad teamed up with Motorola to buy the remaining tickets in order for the Bengas-Texans game to be sold out. No blackout!

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/Ochocinco-Texans-Game-Has-Sold-Out/_nZj2gLhyU6dK3RBPjmWoA.cspx

HawkeyeFan
10-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Hell yea that is what I like to hear. Lets get physical..lets see some hard hitting and see who hits harder.....Haloti Ngata or Pat Williams?????????
Jason Brown knocked Pat Williams around last week, so Ngata :)

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-16-2009, 01:18 PM

Yes bye week really helped the Packers and Clifton and Bigby back is huge for them. This game should be a slam dunk for the Pack considering the Lions secondary woes. Lions played well without Stafford and CJ on O though against Pit's D until the last 3 plays of the game sack fest. Of course that was at home and they didn't get 2 weeks to prepare. Plus Pit hasn't been closing out games well without Polamalu. They moved the ball into Pit territory a bunch(2 long FG drives in 1st,missed FG,Daunte int at Pit 25 drive,good TD drive,final drive got to Pit 21). Daunte just made 2 dumb mistakes(intentional grounding that led to FG instead of 6,moonball int at Pit 25). Daunte plays well agains the Pack historically though.

Lions O will be alright against a lesser 3-4 team than Pit, but Rodgers is going to torch us like every QB has done. 3/4 of Lions Dline still out which is not good. Julian Peterson will be at LDE a bunch opposite Avril, with Cohen,Jackson,Fluellen and McBride at DT. Just hope the Lions can get the run game going to keep the defense off the field and stay competive.

Shiver
10-16-2009, 01:30 PM
I think the Ravens can beat Minnesota. I think they can get to Favre defensively and I don't see them laying another egg in run defense. Offensively they have an O-Line that I think is the best and certainly the most talented in the league, they should be able to handle Minnesota's front better than any other team in the league.

Gay Ork Wang
10-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Haha Chad teamed up with Motorola to buy the remaining tickets in order for the Bengas-Texans game to be sold out. No blackout!

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/Ochocinco-Texans-Game-Has-Sold-Out/_nZj2gLhyU6dK3RBPjmWoA.cspx
wow, chad is awesome

Shiver
10-16-2009, 01:46 PM
This is a rematch of an awesome game last year between the Bears-Falcons. We won with the most remarkable game winning drive of all time:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80b928f3/2-minute-drill-Bears-vs-Falcons

6 seconds is all you need baby.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-16-2009, 01:55 PM
wow, chad is awesome

Yea I have him on my twitter and he let everyone know as soon as it happened

d34ng3l021
10-16-2009, 02:24 PM
This is a rematch of an awesome game last year between the Bears-Falcons. We won with the most remarkable game winning drive of all time:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80b928f3/2-minute-drill-Bears-vs-Falcons

Have you seen the Anatomy of a Play for that throw? It was a very anticipated throw by Ryan and Jenks was right where he was supposed to be. Really well thought out and perfectly executed play.

CC.SD
10-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Sigh I just love love love this Baltimore O-line/Minny D-line battle so much.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Sigh I just love love love this Baltimore O-line/Minny D-line battle so much.

It would be so much better if we had a healthy Jared Gaither. I hope he plays but like I said before I have faith in Oher to do his job over there.

Splat
10-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Samuels' season may be done (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/16/samuels-season-may-be-done/)

HawkeyeFan
10-16-2009, 04:07 PM
On Sunday when the winless Rams visit, at least 20,000 of the 66,000 seats at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium are expected to be empty.

Wow... that's HORRIBLE. The Jaguars will be the team that moves to LA, not the Rams. And that backs up my statement.

vikes_28
10-16-2009, 05:45 PM
I think this weeks game with Minnesota and Baltimore is going to be extremely low scoring. I would pick Vikings 10 Ravens 7, in overtime

yodabear
10-16-2009, 07:14 PM
If we beat the Jags, I'll pleasure my self!

I will help.

Bengalsrocket
10-16-2009, 07:25 PM

I think of that game every single time a team scores a touchdown with less than 30 seconds left on the clock, and they're already celebrating.

I also think of the Stokley catch now :P

Gay Ork Wang
10-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Have you seen the Anatomy of a Play for that throw? It was a very anticipated throw by Ryan and Jenks was right where he was supposed to be. Really well thought out and perfectly executed play.
Marcus Hamilton is a double agent, im uber convinced

CC.SD
10-16-2009, 09:50 PM
I will help.

Dibs on the film rights.

Rosebud
10-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Dibs on the film rights.

yoda has a contract, so back off *****, do you know what I am saying?

CC.SD
10-16-2009, 09:56 PM
yoda has a contract, so back off *****, do you know what I am saying?

Damnit! I knew they picked up the talent young these days

WMD
10-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Wow... that's HORRIBLE. The Jaguars will be the team that moves to LA, not the Rams. And that backs up my statement.
Florida doesn't need three NFL Teams.. but Los Angeles doesn't need a damn NFL team. California already has the Niners, Chargers, and Raiders.. Put a team in the Upper Peninsula!

CC.SD
10-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Florida doesn't need three NFL Teams.. but Los Angeles doesn't need a damn NFL team. California already has the Niners, Chargers, and Raiders.. Put a team in the Upper Peninsula!

I always thought Cleveland should have a team.

The Unseen
10-17-2009, 01:04 PM

They're not moving. Ticket sales don't make teams move - stadium lease issues do. And the Jaguars don't have that issue. A combination of bad play and a bad economy has caused this. Also, LA doesn't have their **** together. Who says they'll get a team?

scottyboy
10-17-2009, 01:07 PM
doesn't help they're playing a ****** rams team...

Splat
10-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Chiefs will be without left tackle Albert (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/17/chiefs-will-be-without-left-tackle-albert/)

Just keeps getting better and better for the Chiefs.

The Unseen
10-17-2009, 11:26 PM
doesn't help they're playing a ****** rams team...

That is true, but they had bad sales for the Cardinals second week of the season, and they were NFC Champions.

General Zod
10-17-2009, 11:37 PM

This is going to be a close one. Im not sure why Pat Williams is yapping so much, he has struggled a lot this year so far. Todd Heap will have a big game for the Ravens, the Vikes cant cover TEs this year for some reason.

Sveen
10-18-2009, 07:05 AM
Can't wait for the Giants - Saints game to start :)

wicket
10-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Can't wait for the Giants - Saints game to start :)

me to, id love a win to get over the ND loss yesterday

BufFan71
10-18-2009, 07:14 AM
ohh god

Dbell/Levitre/Hangartner/Wood/Meredith

against the Jets defense

21ST
10-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Lets see if the redskins can score 20 for the first time this season

LizardState
10-18-2009, 09:38 AM
An interesting after-effect of the pummeling the Eagles will put on the Raiders could be Cable getting fired. After last wk's miserable outing vs. the Giants when the Raiders offense completely evaporated, repeat that or worse & Al Davis will make someone pay with his job, he purges his HCs like Stalin purged his underlings.

awfullyquiet
10-18-2009, 09:48 AM

LOL, like the entire world didn't see the refs TRY to give ND the game.

You should be happy that they at least looked moderately competitive with help!

at least the saints won't NEED that kind of help.

wicket
10-18-2009, 10:11 AM
LOL, like the entire world didn't see the refs TRY to give ND the game.

You should be happy that they at least looked moderately competitive with help!

at least the saints won't NEED that kind of help.

Well they also got screwed a bit in the end but the personal fouls calls were debatable at best a few times. When seeing it again today I did think that the pass to rudolph was a TD though.

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 10:13 AM

yea well rutgers lost. and the pain I feel from a rutgers loss is stronger than anyone elses pain from any other loss. so Giants need to win this game more for me!!!

it should be an excellent game though, I'm pumped

diabsoule
10-18-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm so excited about the Saints/Giants game. Very early indicator of how the playoff picture could end up.

Auron
10-18-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm worried about the Saints chances vs. the Giants.. I fear Payton comes out too pass happy, playing into the Giants rush.. and Brees might have an infrequent off-day. Hopefully I'm wrong but the Saints are 0-3 coming off Byes in the regular season under Payton. They've mixed up their Bye week approach this season so I hope it makes a difference.

Shiver
10-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Quick: Todd Heap or Greg Olsen in a PPR league?!

FuzzyGopher
10-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Vikings can't cover the TE for ****.

SFbear
10-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Quick: Todd Heap or Greg Olsen in a PPR league?!

Vikings are giving up the most points to TEs in the league while Atlanta is 15th. Just something to consider.

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 11:28 AM
who dat gonna beat dem saints?

the Giants, that's who!!

wicket
10-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Olsen, for me at least

Malaka
10-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Anyone in South Florida know if were getting the Saint/Giants game? And what station?

Shiver
10-18-2009, 11:41 AM
http://the506.com/nflmaps/

See for yourself.

Malaka
10-18-2009, 11:45 AM
http://the506.com/nflmaps/

See for yourself.

Damn, it's on Fox but Fox doesn't show its locations. But thanks Shiver!

Edit: I've given too much rep in last 24 hours =/ I'll rep u later.

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 11:49 AM
that Frank "trbl" bit was hilarious. oh god that was the most I've ever laughed at his crap

terribletowel39
10-18-2009, 11:56 AM
anyone know the link for the steelers game??

General Zod
10-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Vikings can't cover the TE for ****.

quoted for truth

DHVF
10-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Adrian mofugginPeterson

T-RICH49
10-18-2009, 12:07 PM
way to let Haynesworth go right by Waters

DHVF
10-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Favre to shankooooo for 6!!!!

T-RICH49
10-18-2009, 12:08 PM
fumble!!!!

Boston
10-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Greg Jennings is a pimp.

General Zod
10-18-2009, 12:09 PM
shank-o!!!

FuzzyGopher
10-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Perfect opening drive.

Tampa 2 4 life
10-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Yessss the panthers are worse than we are.

Auron
10-18-2009, 12:15 PM
TD Mike Bell leaping over the goal-line, huge opening drive statement. Payton did a good job of going to the running game down inside the Red-Zone.

We did get lucky on that tipped pass over the middle.

GB12
10-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Cullen Jenkins INT bitches.

BuckNaked
10-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Wow Vikings look good right now

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 12:19 PM
corey webster. awesome cover corner. still has terrible hands. uggh. let's go O, get it back

General Zod
10-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Wow Vikings look good right now

ssshhhhhh

way to early to say that lol

The Unseen
10-18-2009, 12:20 PM
**** you adam podlesh

themaninblack
10-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Micheal Johnson blocked a field goal!

DHVF
10-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Damn do I love Brett Favre

BuckNaked
10-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Damn do I love Brett Favre

If he keeps this up, maybe he'll be as good as Tarvaris.

FuzzyGopher
10-18-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm thinking percy on an out route here.

PoopSandwich
Derek Anderson 0-2 2 dropped passes.

it continues

General Zod
If he keeps this up, maybe he'll be as good as Tarvaris.

No, remember we dont want Favre, we want T-Jack.

ya'll remember that?

Flyboy
Oh, Jabari Greer.

BuckNaked
10-18-2009, 12:24 PM
No, remember we dont want Favre, we want T-Jack.

ya'll remember that?

I still love him

BuckNaked
omg omg favre somebody put out that fire!

Tampa 2 4 life
What a great play by JJ to Bryant.

FuzzyGopher
10-18-2009, 12:25 PM
omg omg favre somebody put out that fire!

The fire in my pants for him? Please don't.

DHVF
10-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Favre is just out there playing pitch and catch right now. Amazing.

SuperKevin
10-18-2009, 12:26 PM
******* Brett Farve and his passing abilities stealing goal line TDs from Adrian Peterson

T-RICH49
10-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Protect The ******** Qb!!!!!!!!!

Basileus777
10-18-2009, 12:27 PM
The Giants pass rush just isn't what it should be.

Auron
10-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Brees just shred the Giants defense sorry that was pathetic.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 12:29 PM
How the **** do you leave Antonio Pierce on Marques Colston?

DHVF
Damn that was a good looking deep ball by Flacco

Flyboy
Let me sex you Drew Brees.

FuzzyGopher
Phew, that was clooooooooose.

Xonraider
10-18-2009, 12:30 PM
How the **** do you leave Antonio Pierce on Marques Colston?

I was wondering the same thing. That was pretty stupid.

Tampa 2 4 life
10-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Bucs Kicking Team: Worst in the league.

General Zod
10-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Yeah Flaco thorws a nice deep ball.

Geo
10-18-2009, 12:32 PM
My fantasy team wanted that Colston TD. :(

Stupid Saints, why couldn't you rush the PAT team out there.

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 12:33 PM
god i wish our defense was healthy. CC Brown is teh sux and Boley's the only one who can cover the short routes

Malaka
Wow, Giants just have not shown up today.

Auron
TD Shockey, play action on the goal line must feel good against your former team.

Rosebud
I was wondering the same thing. That was pretty stupid.

And then Clark on Shockey for the TD, damn do we miss boley and phillips.

DHVF
10-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Shoulda been a PI call, but oh well. Beautiful punt by Kluwe

Geo
10-18-2009, 12:34 PM
They have, but they aren't playing the Chiefs or the Raiders.

Malaka
10-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey, at least my fantasy is killing this guy 30-5 right now =/, I'd rather lose and have the G-men win :'(

EDIT: Ironically he has Drew Brees Lmfao...

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 12:36 PM

1. it's early.

2. nobody seems to realize we're missing: our best pass rushing DT, #2 CB and best cover LB'er. Not to mention KP, but he's done for year

Sniper
10-18-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm getting figure skating instead of the NYG/NO game. Awesome.

Malaka
10-18-2009, 12:37 PM
1. it's early.

2. nobody seems to realize we're missing: our best pass rushing DT, #2 CB and best cover LB'er. Not to mention KP, but he's done for year

I know I know, I guess I lose faith rather quickly but still 14-0 already, and we went 3 and out on our first drive...

edit: not 3 and out but only one 1st down.

Auron
10-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Wow really bad effort on the kick return, seems like Morstead lost a little leg on his kickoffs. At least he made the saving tackle.

wow dodged a bullet there on Defense Eli just threw it a little too hot and out for Steve Smith or else that would've been a TD.

PoopSandwich
10-18-2009, 12:38 PM
browns should cut their entire receiving corps and ask for a re-do on the braylon and kellen trades.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 12:38 PM
1. it's early.

Thomas > Ross, so that's our 3rd CB, best LB, best DT and best Safety who's out for the year.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 12:39 PM
come on Brandon, unleash the ogre.

Edit: WTF guys, seriously, let's go eli, you can't miss those.

The Unseen
10-18-2009, 12:39 PM
C'mon Mojo :/

T-RICH49
10-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Brian Waters needs to be cut at halftime

FuzzyGopher
10-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Flacco limping and getting his foot looked at.

Geo
10-18-2009, 12:41 PM
That's why you pass the ball to Steven Jackson, you idiot Rams coaches.

But no, keep rushing him up the middle like he's some plodder instead of a dynamic back.

General Zod
10-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Ah, gotta love idiot Childress's playcalling. Favre is red hot, and he calls 3 running plays in a row.

FuzzyGopher
10-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Ah, gotta love idiot Childress's playcalling. Favre is red hot, and he calls 3 running plays in a row.

Yeah that stupid draw never works.

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Thomas > Ross, so that's our 3rd CB, best LB, best DT and best Safety who's out for the year.

considering Ross was our #2 CBall last year and came into the year #2 on the depth chart, I'm listing him as #2 CB, mk?

and that horse collar call was weak, but let's see our D pick it up. come on

DHVF
10-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Oh Jared Allen, you beast

Sniper
Vikings vs. Saints in the NFC title game. Go!

BuckNaked
oh my vikings

Boston
10-18-2009, 12:50 PM

Aaron Rodgers > Brett Favre

Malaka
Giants may have faced poor competition but they should not be this bad...

FuzzyGopher
that was a pass.

awfullyquiet
They have, but they aren't playing the Chiefs or the Raiders.

and thats a high class win right there.

Flyboy
10-18-2009, 12:51 PM
LOL @ Drew Brees.

T-RICH49
10-18-2009, 12:52 PM
LJ's averaging 5 yards a carry today

Auron
LOL @ Drew Brees.

He's too short IMO.

themaninblack
Andre Caldwell is just a hell of a player. And I love Leon Hall I hope he's alright after that great play he just made covering Andre Johnson.

General Zod
10-18-2009, 12:53 PM
booooo, the vikings are my defense on my fantasy team lol

Sniper
10-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Drew Brees is magical.

Brees vs. Manning for MVP. Go!

I wonder what D-Unit is thinking right now.

Sniper
10-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Andre Caldwell is just a hell of a player. And I love Leon Hall I hope he's alright after that great play he just made covering Andre Johnson.

Has Leon been beasting it this year?

JRTPlaya21
down 3-0 to the Chiefs...

T-RICH49
wooo points

PoopSandwich
10-18-2009, 12:56 PM
4 drops already.

critesy
10-18-2009, 12:57 PM
does reed doughty think when he plays.. ?

Sniper
10-18-2009, 12:57 PM
4 drops already.

Must be something in those $1,700 water bottles in Cleveland.

Scotty D
10-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Ahhh Pettigrew stop sucking so much

DHVF
Sidney Rice is breaking OUT

Tampa 2 4 life
Davin Joseph with a block!

FuzzyGopher
10-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Sidney Rice is breaking OUT

Those deep middle routes have been open allllll day.

General Zod
Im lovin me some Sidney this year!

Edit: and as I post that, False start on Sidney Rice. lol

themaninblack
Has Leon been beasting it this year?

He's been pretty good that's for sure. He gave up a lot of yards to MoMass but we've been putting him on #1 WRs all year. He's gonna give up some yardage but he makes some great plays on the ball. Its kinda surprising how he's the number one over Jonathan Joseph, because JJ can match up with anyone athletically.

Sniper
10-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh my God, is Morgan Trent actually playing for the Bengals? I'm so sorry.

Malaka
10-18-2009, 01:01 PM
If we can go into the half down 10 I'll be confident we can come back on the Saints.

Sniper
Oh mercy, Percy. Nice toughness.

KCJ58
Chris Carr your a fool

Malaka
10-18-2009, 01:02 PM
I spoke way too soon.

Malaka
10-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Oh sweet bejeesus thank you Vilma!!!

themaninblack
10-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh my God, is Morgan Trent actually playing for the Bengals? I'm so sorry.

He's actually been half decent so far which I was not expecting. He's our nickel CB for now because David Jones has been hurt.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 01:05 PM
there we go, let's do something on Defense now.

Sniper
10-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Good Lord, sex on a throw from Flacco.

Malaka
10-18-2009, 01:06 PM
He's actually been half decent so far which I was not expecting. He's our nickel CB for now because David Jones has been hurt.

I don't know what coverage scheme Michigan runs nor do I know what coverage the Bengals run, however I do know, from seeing it happen with Corey Webster and Jason David a change of scheme for a cornerback is HUGE. So that might be an explanation.

Auron
Man costly penalty from Vilma that negates an Interception return for a TD.. that could come back to haunt us.

DHVF
Good Lord, sex on a throw from Flacco.
That was a blatant push off by Mason

Sniper
10-18-2009, 01:07 PM
That was a blatant push off by Mason

It was, but still a fantastic throw.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Man costly penalty from Vilma that negates an Interception return for a TD.. that could come back to haunt us.

I've never been so happy to see Eli suffer a helmet to helmet hit.

KCJ58
10-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Ray Rice is so much better Willis McGahee

Malaka
Wow they're just looking for anything to call on us know, I guess I shouldn't say anything with that roughing the QB call but that one was blatant.

Rosebud
wtf guys, drew brees doesn't need a short field.

edit: yay, we stuffed the run once!

scottyboy
Ray Rice is so much better Willis McGahee

the earth is round.

derza222
10-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Anybody know what the logic is behind taking a knee after a defensive team gets called for being offsides? Carson Palmer does it all the time and I don't know why exactly.

Rosebud
wtf guys, drew brees doesn't need a short field.

edit: yay, we stuffed the run once!

but only once.

Malaka
Mike Bell good? or Giants run defense atrocious? I'll go with the latter.

Sniper
Anybody know what the logic is behind taking a knee after a defensive team gets called for being offsides? Carson Palmer does it all the time and I don't know why exactly.

To get the penalty without wasting a play. Basically to make sure the offsides gets called.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 01:11 PM
that's a bad call, colston tripped.

But WTF are we giving Drew Brees half an hour in that pocket?

Malaka
Oh wow just wow... FML. Not even a PI....

Scotty D
Mike Bell good? or Giants run defense atrocious? I'll go with the latter.

Not watching the game, but I imagine the Giants are worrying about Brees first.

General Zod
10-18-2009, 01:12 PM
lousy call, that wasnt PI

KCJ58
the earth is round.

i don't understand way they give the ball to Willis more on this game

also Joshua Cribbs nice TD return

Malaka

They were horrendous against Dallas too, although Dallas has some pretty good backs. Bell again lol...

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 01:13 PM

Our run D sucks this year because our interior DL gets pushed around, we need Canty back really bad.

Thank god for that hold.

Number 10
Saints have a few extra players on offense today wearing stripes.

Sniper
that's a bad call, colston tripped.

But WTF are we giving Drew Brees half an hour in that pocket?

Oh, you guys are doing that, too? McDermott was so worried about Brees during the Eagles/Saints game that he MIGHT have blitzed four times all game.

General Zod
10-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Vikes offense has gone flat.

KCJ58
10-18-2009, 01:14 PM
yay Rams now up 10-6 going into Halftime

Malaka
10-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Drew Brees 3 TD passes... Giants defense looks really really bad.

Rosebud

We're shooting ourselves in the foot as well. There have been some bad calls, but we're killing ourselves.

Flyboy
Breesus, I love you.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 01:16 PM
now eli, just run out the clock while putting a TD on the board leading into the half.

and Coughlin, get on Sheridan's ass about bringing some heat.

Sniper
10-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Cribbs is nastyyyyyyyyy.

FuzzyGopher
10-18-2009, 01:17 PM
That was really stupid by Ed Reed.

Flyboy

Seriously? Excuses already? You're getting outplayed.

Tampa 2 4 life
Panthers are a bunch of bitches. They just nailed a helpless returner before the ball came down. He's on the field not moving.

scottyboy
gonna go give Kenny Phillips my knee so he can come back and CC Brown never plays again, brb

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 01:18 PM
How come Hixon can get by everybody except the kicker?

Auron
Saints special teams play has been horrible today... wake up.

Malaka
I am extremely happy that Hixon is returning not Moss, as I said before if we go into half-time only down 10 I'll be extremely confident we can come back on this team.

Tampa 2 4 life
Refs just ejected him. Good.

Rosebud
Yeah, that PI call was terrible.

themaninblack
They really just need to let Carson do what Peyton Manning does and basically call his own plays. Bratkowski is a joke.

Sniper
10-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Seriously? Excuses already? You're getting outplayed.

Look at who you're dealing with.

Let's be serious for a minute. The Saints are putting up a performance for the ages today.

regoob2
10-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Tampa better revenge that.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Look at who you're dealing with.

Let's be serious for a minute. The Saints are putting up a performance for the ages today.

We know that's what it takes to hang with the gmen ;)

KCJ58
10-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Ray Rice doing work on this drive just getting the little dump pass from Flacco

Malaka
10-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I am actually shocked that were still in this game the way we've been playing. Great catch by Manningham.

Number 10
10-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Eli won't go away.

Sniper
10-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Great catch by Manningham.

I'm looking for four words. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Oh, here they are!

I
Told
You
So

KCJ58
how many times has Minnesota gone offside this drive

scottyboy
Mario, I'm sorry for ever doubting you and calling you dumb. I lovez you.

and Darren Sharper, **** you.

I want Jessie Armstead to suit up for us next half. Take someone's jersey and get the hell in there. Or take over the D playcalling. srsly, Brees is making MY asshole hurt from this raping.

ps. that PI call was absurdly bad.

Malaka
Now hopefully for the first time today the Giants can stop the Saints.

Chucky
10-18-2009, 01:24 PM
That was on of the dirtier plays of the season so far. ******* ********.

Malaka
I'm looking for four words. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Oh, here they are!

I
Told
You
So

Told me so? I'll admit at first I wasn't in love with Manningham in the 3rd, but this preseason I was impressed and pimping him...

Rosebud
Come on Breesus throw one to the boys in blue, otherwise they might get depressed.

GB12
10-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Wow that was stupid from the Ravens.

Malaka
10-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Wow what's wrong with Corey Webster?

General Zod
10-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Wow that was stupid from the Ravens.

what did i miss? Im watching the game on cbs score board lol

Flyboy
Hahahahaha.

Sniper
Told me so? I'll admit at first I wasn't in love with Manningham in the 3rd, but this preseason I was impressed and pimping him...

Not you particularly. I've been on MM's nuts since his GW catch vs. PSU in '05, and continued hyping him during his draft free fall and his rookie year.

themaninblack
Chris Crocker INT!!!!

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 01:27 PM
We need to just send the house and hit brees hard a few times, sure he'll go over the top for an easy TD, but we're not stopping him anyway so might as well put some fear into him.

PoopSandwich
10-18-2009, 01:27 PM
They just showed in the Browns game Steelers were short on 4th and 1, bring out the chains, the chains show the Steelers are short, and they give the Steelers the first down... the announcers are freaking out about it...