PDA

View Full Version : Arizona DE: Louis Holmes

HuskerNation
03-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Anybody else really high on this guy? Absolutely perfect size at 6-6 270, and is also an athleitc freak that I bet could easily rattle off a sub 4.7 40. Had a very nice Junior season despite being the only real threat on that defense. I see him as almost a lock for the first round next year, unless he is injured. I hate to see this cause it's really not fair, but I do see a lot of Mario Williams in him, and that includes a bit of rawness as well. I really can't wait to see him play his senior season. Opinions?

fenikz
03-11-2007, 12:22 PM
he is ok, but i wouldn't even put him int he top 5 for DE's Next Year

this class is good, but next year has some freaks of nature

Calias Campbell
Lawrence Jackson
Vernon Gholston
Chris Ellis
Quentin Groves

maybe not even top 10

Jeff82
03-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Holmes is a talented DE, who has yet to even come close to reaching his full potential. I loved his film coming out of JUCO, especially when lined up at MLB.

A few other DEs next year are...

Derrick Harvey
Chris Harrington
Wallace Gillberry
Bruce Davis
Tyson Jackson
Brian Cushing (LB, who also plays DE)
Chris Long

THIZZorDIE
03-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I've seen Louis Holmes play a couple of times, very impressive size/speed. His athleticism is even enough to make very good at the point of attack. I think all the time he got last season equates to less than 1/2 a season, so he definetly has a lot to prove. This next class of DE's is very established and decorated, but by years end, Louis Holmes will be in the same conversation as the rest of them.

If he can maintain his progression and speed/size ratio I believe he will project to both 4-3 and 34 defense as a prospect.

He's already got a Hummer on 26's, hes always riding around campus in it. I hope I dont here anything about illegal money...

Solomon
03-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Scott Wright is pretty high on him too. Has him as his second ranked senior DE for next year.