PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Trade Deadline discussion/rumor thread

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-16-2009, 06:12 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/10/harbaugh_on_making_a_trade_there_are_possibilities .html

Apparently Ravens are trying to ship a 2nd rounder for Kansas City's Dwayne Bowe. (nothing confirmed)*I think it would be a fantastic trade. I pray this is legit and Ozzie can get this done.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-16-2009, 06:40 PM
two more links

http://www.nfltouchdown.com/breaking-news-chiefs-put-dwayne-bowe-on-the-trading-block/

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/10/15/1086761/schefter-chiefs-should-trade-bowe

a 2nd and 5th could be a possibilty, but if Kansas City might ask for more, and there is no way Ozzie gives away a 1st, no chance. maybe a 4th, but NEVER a 1st.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-16-2009, 07:04 PM
I would be so happy if we did that. That would help our offense so much

Splat
10-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Your just spreading false hope you know that right? :)

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-16-2009, 07:19 PM

Dude, we all know it's just a rumor and I already posted that none of this was confirmed. Relax.

coordinator0
10-16-2009, 10:54 PM

:( Please, you're ruining our dreams lol.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-17-2009, 07:28 PM
It would be the best move Ozzie has ever made, but it's not gonna happen.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-18-2009, 07:44 AM
PFT is reporting that Mike Sims-Walker is available, but I highly doubt the Jags have any serious interest in trading him away. They haven't had a playmaker at WR since Jimmy Smith.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-18-2009, 07:46 AM
We aren't going to trade for anyone.....we just don't do that stuff....I don't know why.

jkpigskin
10-18-2009, 09:04 AM
i come back to the boards cause i hear about the Bowe trade rumors... man.. if that happened. A Young BIG talented reciever? you cant get those everyday. do it ozzie

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Add Joey Galloway to this mix. But I think that the Pats will release him soon anyways. Also, is here any chance that Nnamdi Asoumugha is on the trading block? Or am I just a hopeless raven fan?

coordinator0
10-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Joey Galloway is trash, he doesn't have his speed anymore and his hands are suspect. I think there's about a 0% chance Scrabble gets traded too.

Hound
10-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Even if it was possible to pry Nnamdi from Oakland (which I doubt) his cap number is ungodly (like 15 mill I think) and would not even come close to fitting under the Ravens cap (unless there is something I do not know about mid-season trading and the cap)

coordinator0
10-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Even if it was possible to pry Nnamdi from Oakland (which I doubt) his cap number is ungodly (like 15 mill I think) and would not even come close to fitting under the Ravens cap (unless there is something I do not know about mid-season trading and the cap)

Good point, I don't think we would be able to find a deal that let's us stay under the cap. Unless we trade Suggs, but that wouldn't accomplish anything because our pass rush would just become worse than it already is.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-18-2009, 06:21 PM
true, I'm just trying to find anyone that's on a losing team that would be in the Ravens interest, but Ozzie rarely trades anyways so who really cares, this problem has gotta get fixed.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-19-2009, 12:20 AM
A trade for Joey Galloway sounds more like something Ozzie would do.

The names mentioned with us possibly trading for them:

Dwayne Bowe (makes perfect sense, he's exactly what we need, therefor its not gonna happen)

Terrell Owens (Would make this team better immediately, therefor its not gonna happen)

Joey Galloway (Makes no sense, adds absolutely nothing, and is completely worthless, sounds like the guy for Ozzie to get)

America
10-19-2009, 11:42 AM
I honestly think we had more of a need at corner than wideout right now. Ed Reed is the only good player in our secondary.

Ravens1991
10-19-2009, 11:51 AM
I would love to trade for Bowe but I have heard he isnt on the block which sucks.

Also TO sucks ERU he wouldnt really help this team much anymore we shouldnt touch that clown.

Ravens1991
10-19-2009, 12:21 PM
what about trading McGahee and some other stuff for a guy like Bowe or another WR. Granted IDK the whole cap situation but its obvious Cam Cameron doesn't want to really give McGahee a lot of time and Lawrence and Paramle looked alright in pre-season. McGahee has looked good this year he just doesnt seem to fit

EdReedUnstoppable
10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
I would love to trade for Bowe but I have heard he isnt on the block which sucks.

Also TO sucks ERU he wouldnt really help this team much anymore we shouldnt touch that clown.

TO does not suck, in fact he is light years better than any WR on the this team. Not to mention how much coverage he draws which would open up things for Mason even more.

Ravens1991
10-19-2009, 01:22 PM
he would help the team out but so would many WR in the league, he is old, has iffy hands, has a me first attitude and is a media circus waiting to happen

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-19-2009, 02:00 PM
TO does not suck, in fact he is light years better than any WR on the this team. Not to mention how much coverage he draws which would open up things for Mason even more.

But is all that worth 6.5 million? like Ravens1991 said, his age, hands, and attitude, as well as price tag is a HUGE turnoff. If we are going to trade for any WR right now, its gatta be Dwayne Bowe. No one else is worth it.

also, could Cortland Finnegan be available?

EdReedUnstoppable
10-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Its not like we're picking himup for ten years, we're picking him up for the rest of this year. And yes for the rest of this year and what he would do to open up this offense he's worth at least $6.5 mil.