PDA

View Full Version : Chris Samuels to possibly retire?

SuperKevin
10-16-2009, 06:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4565584

He's considering retirement after suffering a stinger last week against Carolina. I guess he has a pre-existing spinal condition

RaiderNation
10-16-2009, 06:53 PM
OT or QB for you guys in the draft, thats for sure

Canadian_draft_fan
10-17-2009, 03:12 PM
OT or QB for you guys in the draft, thats for sure
Should be but don't underestimate Danny/Vinny's ability to screw it up. An LB or DB could just as easily be drafted early.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Should be but don't underestimate Danny/Vinny's ability to screw it up. An LB or DB could just as easily be drafted early.

Well depending on where we are drafting I wouldn't just lock on to QB or OT. The only QB's I like are Locker and Jimmy Claussen who I both have questions about but it is highly likely that one of them if not both don't declare therefore I wouldn't want a first round QB. The only OT I would want to replace Samuels is Russell Okung. I want no part at all in Bulaga or Trent Williams especially not in the first 20 picks of the draft. From there I wouldn't mind drafting bpa. A replacement for Fletcher has to be a big need and I would love to bring in Rolando McClain, I also would consider Spikes if we were mid first round. I also wouldn't mind Taylor Mays as the team has obviously given up on Horton as a starter even though I still think he's the best DB on the team. Joe Haden would also be an excellent pick if we are in the 10-17 range, doesn't hurt he's a local kid. He's the exactly the non pssy type of corner we need. The fact is that one draft pick can't fix the endless needs we have on this poorly run team, so really any position is a possible pick in the first round and I don't want to settle on a lesser tackles even if Samuels retires and we are in need of one over a more talented player at a different position. I'd much rather have a shut down corner in Haden and have to fill Samuels somewhere else, that still having the crap we have at DB and having a slow as sht tackle like Trent Williams. BTW I still stand by Loadholt>Trent Williams.

2 Live Crew
10-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Theres so many holes on the team and Snyder/Vinny are so dumb they could pick anything. I wouldn't be surprised if a WR or TE was picked in the first round at this point.

Canadian_draft_fan
10-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Looks like Samuels is retiring:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/chris-samuels-will-retire.html

JRTPlaya21
10-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Gonna miss you Samuels

treyskins
10-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Chris Samuels has not retired just yet,he is still getting further medical opinion before announcing in december/january.

One point for seantaylorr.i.p./canadiandraftfan;
If the skins pick in the top ten and russell okung is gone but none of the quarterbacks left look ready for the nfl..................
then what about defensive tackles Suh and McCoy?
Griffin should be gone so pair one of those two with Haynesworth(and golston) and Orakpo and Jarmon can do their stuff.
Would you guys be upset if the defensive line is addressed first with a offensive tackle like ciron Black taken in round 2?

Canadian_draft_fan
10-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Chris Samuels has not retired just yet,he is still getting further medical opinion before announcing in december/january.

One point for seantaylorr.i.p./canadiandraftfan;
If the skins pick in the top ten and russell okung is gone but none of the quarterbacks left look ready for the nfl..................
then what about defensive tackles Suh and McCoy?
Griffin should be gone so pair one of those two with Haynesworth(and golston) and Orakpo and Jarmon can do their stuff.
Would you guys be upset if the defensive line is addressed first with a offensive tackle like ciron Black taken in round 2?
Tempting but I'd have to say that we have address OT or QB with our 1st pick. Depends on who is available but I would consider trading down to the middle of the round and get extra picks. Lord knows this team a talent & youth infusion.

skinzzfan25
10-30-2009, 07:07 AM
Suh or McCoy wouldn't be bad, as long as Blatche is GONE.

DiG
10-30-2009, 07:48 AM
id rather a playmaker like cj spiller than dt personally. if okung is gone i wouldnt have a problem with bulaga either. im sorry but with haynesworth at dt now theres no reason to draft a first rounder beside him considering how many other needs we have.

also, i prefer 3-4 other 2nd round ots over ciron black.

skinzzfan25
10-30-2009, 01:41 PM
id rather a playmaker like cj spiller than dt personally. if okung is gone i wouldnt have a problem with bulaga either. im sorry but with haynesworth at dt now theres no reason to draft a first rounder beside him considering how many other needs we have.

also, i prefer 3-4 other 2nd round ots over ciron black.

True, regardless we have bigger problems than the draft for years to come.

critesy
11-01-2009, 02:40 PM
got placed on IR