PDA

View Full Version : If you love football...

CC.SD
10-16-2009, 10:17 PM
It's good for you to watch some Sean Taylor highlights every once in a while because holy crap this man wrecked people like nothing I've ever seen.

kRdlcaqJQ6M

EY7Q_FieXac

WMD
10-16-2009, 10:40 PM
I wanted him on the Lions so bad..

etk
10-16-2009, 10:41 PM
If you love Sean Taylor,

you'll love the new 26 on Miami.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Rest in Peace Sean.

I used to cheat and trade for you every year on Madden before starting my franchise.

jayceheathman
10-16-2009, 10:48 PM
I was hoping the Texans would get him SO bad as well. They still dont have a safety either.

tjsunstein
10-16-2009, 11:22 PM
What a player.

aNYtitan
10-16-2009, 11:26 PM
He was an absolute freak of nature, just hit like a mack truck, ability to scout the plays like a hawk and when he had the ball, it was like a RB. We should be talking about him up there with Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu if he were still alive.

S.T.R.I.P

10-16-2009, 11:48 PM
He was an absolute freak of nature, just hit like a mack truck, ability to scout the plays like a hawk and when he had the ball, it was like a RB. We should be talking about him up there with Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu if he were still alive.

S.T.R.I.P

The way he was turning his life and his career around before he was killed, I wouldn't be surprised if today Ed Reed and Polamalu wouldn't even be worth mentioning next to him. He had THAT much potential, and it looked like he was about to realize it.

CC.SD
10-17-2009, 12:26 AM
The way he was turning his life and his career around before he was killed, I wouldn't be surprised if today Ed Reed and Polamalu wouldn't even be worth mentioning next to him. He had THAT much potential, and it looked like he was about to realize it.

Everyone knew ST could have taken it to the next level, amazing athlete. The gold standard as far as safety prospects obviously.

TACKLE
10-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Sean was my favorite Cane ever and one of my favorite players ever in the NFL.

One of my favorite plays ever. D-Hest runs back the opening kickoff and Florida tries to squib kick it to Taylor. BIG Mistake.

(1:16 - 2:03)
b7lPTu8Gwvc

10-17-2009, 12:35 AM
That might have been the first college football game I ever watched. All I remember for sure was it was against UF or FSU, and someone returned a kickoff for a TD and took his helmet off and was flagged for it. Been a Canes fan ever since.

vikes_28
10-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Sean Taylor was a beast. I loved watching him play.

Paul
10-17-2009, 12:44 AM
I don't think the Canes had enough talent in the early to mid decade...

Seriously though, Sean didn't move like any other NFL Player, he was on a different plane. Even as fan of a rival team, I would've loved to see what he could've done.

General Zod
10-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Sean was my favorite Cane ever and one of my favorite players ever in the NFL.

One of my favorite plays ever. D-Hest runs back the opening kickoff and Florida tries to squib kick it to Taylor. BIG Mistake.

(1:16 - 2:03)
b7lPTu8Gwvc

love the Run DMC. kickin old school :-)

Brent
10-17-2009, 01:14 AM
b7lPTu8Gwvc
I remember, I was in high school, and I got off work and came home, watched this game in its entirety. Probably one of the most ridiculous games I've ever seen. Made me a Brock Berlin fan for sure.

Also, that defense is so stacked haha.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Check the sig!

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Rest in Peace Sean.

I used to cheat and trade for you every year on Madden before starting my franchise.

I did not do that. *shifty eyes*

notacarolinafan
10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
GIIAw_PGTRM

Hines
10-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Everytime I watch Sean Taylor highlights, I always end up getting sad. RIP.

killxswitch
10-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I never did get to see him play in the NFL, Washington games rarely get on TV in Indy. I'll have to watch those highlights later when I get home.

10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
I did not do that. *shifty eyes*

LOL. Seriously though he was a beast on Madden. On 07, I would alternate between controlling Mario Williams and Sean Taylor. There was never another safety I'd control, Sean though was fast enough to cover, and could come lay the wood in the ground game. Total beast.

Bills2083
10-19-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm disappointed I never really got to watch any of his games.
I don't remember seeing all that many on tv up here in Buffalo.

CC.SD
10-19-2009, 03:35 PM
LOL. Seriously though he was a beast on Madden. On 07, I would alternate between controlling Mario Williams and Sean Taylor. There was never another safety I'd control, Sean though was fast enough to cover, and could come lay the wood in the ground game. Total beast.

I was definitely guilty of the preseason Sean Taylor steal as well. He was such a cornerstone in my Saints dynasty it was embarrassing. He and Drew "Cash Money" Smith, WR #85. Um...he didn't really exist though.

703SKINS202
10-19-2009, 04:58 PM
It was an honor to watch every one of his games. I'll never forget me and my friend hugging when they picked Sean Taylor over Kellen Winslow cause we weren't sure which they would take at the time. Ah, so much I could say about him but I get sad and real football fans know how much of a beast he was. RIP Sean.

BamaFalcon59
10-19-2009, 05:18 PM

Let's get real. ST was very, very good. But he wasn't on the level of TP or ER at the time of his death. He had a ton of potential, but to say that he would be head and shoulders above two potential Hall of Fame safties is stretching it.

10-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Let's get real. ST was very, very good. But he wasn't on the level of TP or ER at the time of his death. He had a ton of potential, but to say that he would be head and shoulders above two potential Hall of Fame safties is stretching it.

For most of his career, he wasn't, but before he died IIRC he was getting serious DPOY buzz(albeit early in the season). It's far from a given, but based on his potential, his age(24), and the big turn in the right direction his life was taking, I don't think it's too much of a stretch.

703SKINS202
10-19-2009, 05:36 PM
For most of his career, he wasn't, but before he died IIRC he was getting serious DPOY buzz(albeit early in the season). It's far from a given, but based on his potential, his age(24), and the big turn in the right direction his life was taking, I don't think it's too much of a stretch.
Yes, you remember correctly, he had 5 picks through 9 games, the most of his shortened career and was playing lights out. You could really tell that he was becoming a more disciplined/smarter safety who wasn't concerned as much with making the big hit.