PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 - Raiders vs Eagles

10-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Here's some insight into Russell leading up to this game:

The Philadelphia Daily News spent inordinate amount of time on a story about Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell this week. What follows is the bulk of that story, with critiques of Russell by scouts, former players and former general managers:

Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Sean McDermott is expected to hold another blitzfest at the Oakland Coliseum on Sunday when the Eagles play the 1-4 Raiders and their struggling young quarterback, Russell.

Russell, the first overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft, is playing about as badly as a quarterback can play right now. He is at, or near, the bottom of every pertinent NFL passing category. His .421 completion percentage is can’t-jump-out-of-a-boat-and-hit-the-ocean stuff. His 47.1 passer rating is 10 points below Josh Johnson’s. He has just one touchdown pass in five games and has yet to complete more than 12 passes in a game this season.

“This has the potential to be really, really ugly,” former Kansas City Chiefs vice president of player personnel Bill Kuharich said. “The Eagles should eat him up this week with their blitzes.

“This kid has zero confidence right now. And I haven’t seen any indication, except for maybe one drive against the Chiefs [a 13-10 Raiders win in Week 2] that he is going to get this thing squared away.”

Last week, the 6-6, 265-pound Russell was sacked six times in the Raiders’ embarrassing 44-7 loss to the New York Giants. He completed just 8 of 13 passes for 100 yards. The week before, he was 12-for-33 for just 128 yards in a 29-6 loss to Houston. The week before that, 12-for-21 for 61 yards in a 23-3 loss to Denver.

Ask a dozen NFL personnel people why Russell’s career is heading down Ryan Leaf Road and they’ll give you a number of factors, including an inability to read coverages, bad throwing mechanics, a poor work ethic and a young receiving corps that he’s not on the same page with.

“When he came out, I thought he had the most dominating physical skill-set of any college quarterback I’d seen in the last 10 years,” said respected NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock. “Having said that, I also said I couldn’t draft him in the first round because I didn’t think it mattered that much to him.

“One of the things I’ve learned from some of the better coaches and talent evaluators in the NFL is that after God and family, football had better be next. If it’s not, I don’t want him, No. 1. And No. 2, I sure don’t want him in the first round.

“The bottom line for me with this kid is I never thought he wanted to be the best in the league at his position. At that position, you want the gym rat. And I never, ever got the sense that he was close to being a gym rat.”

Russell pretty much wasted his rookie season when he held out until September and played in just four games for the Raiders. He finally seemed to be headed in the right direction late last season after playing well in the Raiders’ season-ending wins over Houston (18-for-25, 236 yards, two TDs) and Tampa Bay (14-for-21, 148 yards, two TDs). But there have been few positives in his play so far this season.

“He’s regressed,” Kuharich said. “His problem, to me, is his ability to read defenses, No. 1. Secondly, his accuracy. And thirdly, his inability to process things fast enough and get rid of the ball. He holds on to the ball too long.”

“I don’t see any development at all in him,” said NFL Network analyst Brian Baldinger. “I watched Josh Johnson’s first two starts and could see development from the first week to the second. He made some throws to Kellen Winslow last week that were great throws. He uses his speed. He uses his athletic ability.

“I don’t see that in JaMarcus Russell at all. I don’t see any foundation where you put the tape in from 2 years ago and put the tape in from now and see any command of the position and what he’s looking at.”

Like Mayock, Baldinger questions just how important the game really is to Russell and how much work he’s willing to put in to get better.

“JaMarcus just wants everything that goes with being the No. 1 pick and a star NFL quarterback without doing any of the work,” he said.

“I did a game for Fox out there last year. I was at their Friday practice. JaMarcus had twisted his knee the day before, but was supposedly fine. He’s out there with a sweat shirt and sweat pants on. He’s not standing by the quarterbacks coach. He wasn’t following the game plan whatsoever. He wasn’t even paying attention.

“If you get hurt in practice, all right, that happens. But at least have the [play] script in front of you and be tuned in to what all the calls are and what you’re looking at.”

http://raiderbeat.com/?p=5262

RaiderNation
10-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Go Raiders?!?!?!?!?!?!

Todd Bertuzzi
10-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Trent Cole and co are going to have a field day.

EvilNixon
10-17-2009, 10:00 PM
If we win this one,we're going to need major major yards on the ground and some inspired defensive play.

RaiderNation
10-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Advice, if you have the Eagles D on FF, start em. I did.

All I want this season now is for Russell to improve. If he doesnt, I dont see how we can believe he is our future.

SwagU
10-17-2009, 10:12 PM
I say we start doing something new in Oakland. We have obviously seen that what we are currently doing is not working our offense is dismal. Russell's mind just isnt there to be a QB in the NFL. He plays with no emotion he should be the one fireing up this team all I see him do is go straight to the bench and put on his beanie. I think we should bech Russell to get him fired up show him he isnt guaranteed anything on this team. The key in this game will be our running the ball effectively and our play on D and if we cant get it goin on offense like ususal I say we run some Wildcat what do we really have to lose at this point.

EvilNixon
10-17-2009, 10:16 PM
We have nothing to lose,and if JaWalrus can just hit some simple throws,and our running game gets going,we might have a shot.

RaiderNation
10-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Our running game wont get going since we cant pass. Teams are putting 8 or 9 guys in the box because Russell cant complete anything. DMC is becoming a bust this season and Bush isnt the type of load horse you can hand the ball to the whole game.

Things wont change until Al changes. He has to give the coaches control and hire a GM. I remember last year people saying theres a chance Bill Parcels could come over here is Al would allow it. They are friends and well Parcels has a great track record. Ive heard some rumors of Jon Gruden still wanting to coach and is willing to coach in Oakland again if he can have some control.

We have solid pieces to the team like Asomugha, Seymour, Henderson, Miller and some others, we just lack leadership in the locker room and effort. Im all for getting rid of Russell and drafting Jake Locker. Locker has a good arm, accuracy has improved every season, great athlete and gives us a new demention to the offence.

10-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Let's forget this Raiders myth of the Raiders being a one-dimensional vertical passing team. During all our Super Bowl years our offense was predicated on the success of our run game. That's how I feel we're going to be successful offensively with or without Russell for the next few years.

Right now despite what everyone says we don't have the combination of backs to get the job done consistently. At their size and height both DMC and Bush are easy targets to tackle, especially DMC who's very limited in his change-of-direction skills. We don't necessarily need a Darren Sproles type back, however, someone who can handle a greater workload and have a bigger effect in the run game like an Ahmad Bradshaw would be most ideal.

Watching Mark Ingram tonight made me realize how much we could use a back like him to help get us out of this mess.

locseti
10-18-2009, 04:36 AM
goooooooooo raaaaaaaaiiideeeersssssssss!

EvilNixon
10-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Our running game wont get going since we cant pass. Teams are putting 8 or 9 guys in the box because Russell cant complete anything. DMC is becoming a bust this season and Bush isnt the type of load horse you can hand the ball to the whole game.

Things wont change until Al changes. He has to give the coaches control and hire a GM. I remember last year people saying theres a chance Bill Parcels could come over here is Al would allow it. They are friends and well Parcels has a great track record. Ive heard some rumors of Jon Gruden still wanting to coach and is willing to coach in Oakland again if he can have some control.

We have solid pieces to the team like Asomugha, Seymour, Henderson, Miller and some others, we just lack leadership in the locker room and effort. Im all for getting rid of Russell and drafting Jake Locker. Locker has a good arm, accuracy has improved every season, great athlete and gives us a new demention to the offence.

Offensive Line should be our first priority. Henderson hasn't been too bad,but we need an upgrade.Draft Okung or Suh to help that porous run D. 2nd round maybe look at a QB or more line help on either side.

SwagU
10-18-2009, 10:09 AM

I dont think DMC is a bust yet. I just think we just arent useing him the right way. When I watch the raiders on TV all I see are these up the middle runs with Mcfadden. I think we should use him more like they did with him in Arkansas he is a playmaker so get the ball in his hands wether its passing the ball or whatever. He has been plagued by injuries his first to years and LT can tell you how hard it is to come back from those toe injuries. Bush I dont believe can be are every down guy but he shows great running ability in spurts with some more developement this duo could be like Wheatley and Garner back in 2002 if we use them and develop them right.

bernbabybern820
10-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Thank the lord that 2010 will be an uncapped year. We can get rid of sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many horrible contracts (hopefully).

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Offensive Line should be our first priority. Henderson hasn't been too bad,but we need an upgrade.Draft Okung or Suh to help that porous run D. 2nd round maybe look at a QB or more line help on either side.

I agree with you the oline needs a big upgrade(some1 like Bulaga or Okung to play LT and Henderson RT would be great), but I feel Locker is the real deal prospect that is going to be what Vince Young was going to be. He has atleast 4.5 speed and a good arm. I watched him last night and he looked great IMO. His team is only alright, but he makes them good.

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Thank the lord that 2010 will be an uncapped year. We can get rid of sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many horrible contracts (hopefully).

Thats another great thing. Hopefully its good bye Walker, Kelly, Carlisle, and we work out new deals with Gallery, Morrison, Seymour and Henderson

SwagU
10-18-2009, 12:40 PM
I agree with you the oline needs a big upgrade(some1 like Bulaga or Okung to play LT and Henderson RT would be great), but I feel Locker is the real deal prospect that is going to be what Vince Young was going to be. He has atleast 4.5 speed and a good arm. I watched him last night and he looked great IMO. His team is only alright, but he makes them good.

O-line does need some big revamping but this years class is so weak. If we get a top 5 pick like I think we will we have to go Suh I believe he is goona be dominant and will shut down those running holes in the middle we leave open and be a valuable pass rusher. He is way more athletic and doesent give up on tackles like Kelly. If not trade down from the early first and acquire more picks I dont see to many O-linemen going top 10 if we decide to go that route.

locseti
10-18-2009, 03:10 PM
stream for the blacked-out?

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 03:11 PM
My friend is at the game in the hole and said we went 3 and out on the 1st drive. Russell is getting booed already

locseti
10-18-2009, 03:13 PM
we sacked mcnabb though

SwagU
Great first defensive stand for the Raiders sack by Trevor Scott on 3rd & 8. This is why we should be calling more blitz plays.

locseti
anyone got a link?

locseti
10-18-2009, 03:14 PM
http://eplsite.com/channel7.html

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Does any1 know where I can watch this for free on the internet? IDK why but I have a feeling that we are going to play alright this game. We always seem to get our ass's handed to us for a few weeks then play a decent game against some1 we should be killed by.

locseti
10-18-2009, 03:16 PM
check the post above you

SwagU
10-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Im watching on the sunday NFL ticket. But I believe you can watch the game on Justin.TV.

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Trevor Scott with 2 sacks

RaiderNation
Its amazing, we blitz, and our defense looks.... good!

SwagU
Wow our pass rush is unbelieveable today. 2 sacks on 2 defensive stands by Trevor Scott.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Stop blitzing! You're not supposed to.

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Russell throws a int :(

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Defense is looking good right now, stopped them 3 times now and they just missed the FG. Told you guys we are going to play good randomly

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Defense is looking good right now, stopped them 3 times now and they just missed the FG. Told you guys we are going to play good randomly

With Russell behind center how your defense plays is irrelevant.

SwagU
10-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Wow is this the Raiders?.

10-18-2009, 03:41 PM
It's Miller time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Murphy with two huge blocks there.

SwagU
10-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Lol anyone else see that shot of Al.

10-18-2009, 03:44 PM
What a ******* BS call. Seriously, the refs always screw the Raiders.

locseti
10-18-2009, 03:45 PM
******** call, we have enough trouble scoring touchdowns, dont take it from us.

EvilNixon
10-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Jawalrus!!!

10-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Lol anyone else see that shot of Al.

More importantly, what'd he tell John Marshall this week???

10-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Jawalrus!!!

Haha Jawalrus with the spin move!!! CLASSIC

SwagU
10-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Wow on that run who did Russell remind you of? maybe D-Nabb.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Wow on that run who did Russell remind you of? maybe D-Nabb.

Um... no

Maybe the Fridge?

EvilNixon
10-18-2009, 03:57 PM
What the f**k got into JaWalrus? His pocket presence is great!

SwagU
10-18-2009, 03:58 PM
This the most fired up I have ever seen the Raiders.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 03:59 PM
This the most fired up I have ever seen the Raiders.

I blame it all on Antonio Pierce.

10-18-2009, 04:05 PM
I blame it all on Antonio Pierce.

I accredit it to the inspired play of the defense as well as the overall confidence of Jamarcus after a few big pass plays to Miller. Like it or not the team feeds off of its QBs confidence.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 04:07 PM
I accredit it to the inspired play of the defense as well as the overall confidence of Jamarcus after a few big pass plays to Miller. Like it or not the team feeds off of its QBs confidence.

I'm pretty sure someone saying playing your team was like a scrimmage would get you fired up.

Stash
10-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Wow, a 10-3 lead. How long will this inspired play last?

10-18-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty sure someone saying playing your team was like a scrimmage would get you fired up.

Oh there's no doubt about that. But at the end of the day you have to make plays happen offensively, which is much easier said than done for us.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I just tuned in. Holy crap, what's going on with Oakland's defensive line? They're giving the Eagles so much trouble.

SwagU
10-18-2009, 04:12 PM
The defensive play calling has been huge. Combine that with the determination by J-Roc to silence those boo's sums up the great play so far.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Generous spot there.

Edit: QB sneak!

bernbabybern820
10-18-2009, 04:15 PM
I just got here now too!

Somebody give me an update on what has happened!!!

Russell 8-10? wtf?

Miller 86 yard long? wtf?

10-3 wtf?

10-18-2009, 04:21 PM
I just got here now too!

Somebody give me an update on what has happened!!!

Russell 8-10? wtf?

Miller 86 yard long? wtf?

10-3 wtf?

Two things: Better playcalling/coaching and a more confident Jamarcus.

OMG RICHARD SEYMOUR

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Wow what a waste of a great punt.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Jamarcus doing what he does best.

10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Now the bad Jamarcus forcing a pass to Miller into double coverage ..

SwagU
10-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Just when you think J-Roc has arrived he ***** it up.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Is that Chris Webber out there? fml

EvilNixon
10-18-2009, 04:36 PM
JaWalrus looked great at times,and at times looked like the same old same old. At least we're seeing flashes of brilliance instead of glaring flares of garbageness.

bernbabybern820
10-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Seriously what a cop out move to close out the half. They don't want to make Russell's season stats even worse by having him throw a hail mary.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-18-2009, 04:44 PM
JaWalrus looked great at times,and at times looked like the same old same old. At least we're seeing flashes of brilliance instead of glaring flares of garbageness.

I think we're seeing both. Either way, he's coming along very slowly. Oakland really really needs to get their running game figured out.

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 04:49 PM
The website isnt working for me now, I cant watch anything on it

Excited to see us playing well

10-18-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm surprised the Eagles haven't elected to call more run plays. The Raiders have had a lot of trouble this season with RBs similar to Westbrook.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Oh good, the Eagles remembered how to play offense.

10-18-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm going to send Akers a thank-you gift after this game.

locseti
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM
where are you watching it pmd?

EvilNixon
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM
http://p2p4u.net/watch-live-sports.php?id=6891&link=1

SwagU
10-18-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm going to send Akers a thank-you gift after this game.

Dont forget King Dunlap too.

10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
I think we're seeing both. Either way, he's coming along very slowly. Oakland really really needs to get their running game figured out.

The Raiders have answered your call (so far).

Paranoidmoonduck
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
^
Indeed they have.

where are you watching it pmd?

http://eplsite.com/channel8.html

The video went out for me for a few minutes, but I just reloaded the page every few minutes and it started working after a while.

SwagU
10-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Our inside O-line is crap we really need Gallery back and a new FB.

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Wow Russell He Was Wide ******* Open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
J-Roc had the FB open in the flats. I don't blame him there only because the bigger play was available downfield. Still, those accuracy issues are haunting him again, and it's more than just an issue of bad mechanics.

SwagU
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
J-Roc had the FB open in the flats. I don't blame him there only because the bigger play was available downfield. Still, those accuracy issues are haunting him again, and it's more than just an issue of mechanics.

I think he is having trouble finding that perfect amount of arm strength. He has so much arm strength that he is scared that he will over throw it leading to inaccurate throws.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
We really need a healthy o-line.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM
A pigeon? seriously?

SwagU
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM
The pressure we are putting on Mcnabb has been amazing. Overthrowing his man all day he is looking more like J-Roc then J-Roc is.

10-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Fargas is sooo underrated by Raiders fans, myself included. He understands the concept of ball security, which is something our other backs have issues with.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Stream is now located at...http://atdhe.net/

EvilNixon
10-18-2009, 05:29 PM
The pass rush is really masking our coverage defencies. I hope we can keep it up.

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Stopped working again

Stash
10-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Stopped working again
Same here.

10-18-2009, 05:36 PM
The Iggles are dropping like flies. Old school Raiders smash-mouth football!

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Wow way to go refs.

DJM187
10-18-2009, 05:40 PM
We need this win so badly..... I could careless what happens the rest of the season, as long as we beat the Eagles im a happy fan!!

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 05:40 PM
There we go its working for me again barely. Keeps cutting out though

SwagU
10-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Let this game be known as the Pigeon Bowl.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Of course....

Paranoidmoonduck
10-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Sigh...Higgins.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Can we get one break please?

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Omg Akers didn't miss!

10-18-2009, 05:52 PM
WOW .. CJ with the big hit!

Alright boys, time to learn how to close out a game.

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 05:53 PM
BOOM CJ with the big hit

EvilNixon
10-18-2009, 05:55 PM
C'mon JaWalrus,one solid drive..please just get some points!!

SwagU
10-18-2009, 05:57 PM
This is where he can show he is ready to be the starting QB. Can he be a game manager.

10-18-2009, 05:58 PM
This is where he can show he is ready to be the starting QB. Can he be a game manager.

Not if he constantly keeps throwing behind receivers.

Stash
10-18-2009, 06:02 PM
All JR has done today is hit the TE's and checkdown. It's not as bad as we've seen him, but that's not gonna cut it when wee need points.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-18-2009, 06:02 PM
God, I had completely forgotten what it was like to have a great defensive lineman on the team.

10-18-2009, 06:03 PM
A key defensive stop at the end of a game?!?!?

DJM187
Just 1 stop and we win!!

SwagU
The Raiders are actually getting some breaks.

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Did I call this one or what

Does any1 know where I can watch this for free on the internet? IDK why but I have a feeling that we are going to play alright this game. We always seem to get our ass's handed to us for a few weeks then play a decent game against some1 we should be killed by.

Stash
10-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Just 1 stop and we win!!
We still need a first down. They have 2 timeouts and the 2 minute warning.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 06:07 PM
How the **** do you not see that coming? Game over.

DJM187
10-18-2009, 06:07 PM
We still need a first down. They have 2 timeouts and the 2 minute warning.

Dont jinx it man.... it's in the bag

Stash
10-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Lol, I swear we run that same play 100 times a game. PA rollout and dump off to the FB. Can't believe the Eagles couldn't stop it. That should pretty much do it.

SwagU
10-18-2009, 06:09 PM
There it is. Great win!!!!!!

10-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Football is a weird game indeed.

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 06:12 PM
We are back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda

Stash
10-18-2009, 06:15 PM
The D played very well and the run game was solid. The overall effort was similar to week 1, we were swarming to the ball and hitting guys hard. JR still stinks but a win is a win.

bernbabybern820
10-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Philly coaching FAAAIIILLL.

Ok this is what happens when you call a timeout at friggen 2:02.

Lets say they let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning with one timeout. You force the Raiders to run the ball to force Philly to burn their timeout.

Instead..... They use their last timeout with 2:02. This allows the Raiders to pass the ball one more time since it's going to hit the 2 minute warning anyways.

O well a win is a win!

SwagU
10-18-2009, 06:18 PM
The D played very well and the run game was solid. JR still stinks but a win is a win.

J-Roc wasnt that bad he still cant complete a pass to his WR if his life depended on it but he showed great decision and confidence at times hopefully he continues to develop and he doesent let this game go to his head and realizes he still needs some work. Factors of the game a strong running game and amazing defensive play calling. The pass rush is what kept us in this game this would of been a different story if we werent in Mcnabb's face all game.

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Reason we won today was the D. We were finally allowed to blitz which made McNabb feel pressured everytime he dropped back. Routt showed up today when Asomugha got hurt and played well, Seymour is a beast, Scott showed us his potential, Zach Miller is our #1 offensive weapon and Fargas right now is still our best RB.

If we can play like this, get a healthy Gallery,Schilens and DMC back we should be a decent team.

EvilNixon
10-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm proud to be a Raider fan today.

DJM187
10-18-2009, 06:28 PM
I havent been this excited over a win in a long, long, loooong time... Still hard to believe we beat a real good Eagles team...!! Very proud to be a Raiders fan right now and I will never ever pick against them again.

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 06:29 PM
congrats raiders! YAY!

I read earlier in this thread about Pierce, great point.

I called him a fat **** who runs his mouth too much (and I used fat **** A LOT during today's game, but I digress). Maybe he strategically did it to fire you guys up? Idk, didnt see the game but dayyyyyum am I happy about it! congrats guys! and thanks!

bernbabybern820
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
congrats raiders! YAY!

I read earlier in this thread about Pierce, great point.

I called him a fat **** who runs his mouth too much (and I used fat **** A LOT during today's game, but I digress). Maybe he strategically did it to fire you guys up? Idk, didnt see the game but dayyyyyum am I happy about it! congrats guys! and thanks!

The words he said were posted up in the locker room and highlighted.

D-Unit
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
This is NICE. Dallas has a BYE and the Eagles, Giants and Redskins all lose. :D

10-18-2009, 06:34 PM
The words he said were posted up in the locker room and highlighted.

Then I must send him a thank-you gift too. :D

bernbabybern820
10-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Also props to Fargas for his blitz protection.

SwagU
10-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Also props to Fargas for his blitz protection.

Yes him and Gary Russell really bailed out J-Roc at times. IMO without the RB's picking up those blitzes we would have been sacked another 3 or 4 times.

Raiderz4Life
10-18-2009, 10:34 PM
GTdamn it haha

I started McNabb over brady and Maclin over Manningham just because of this game

RaiderNation
10-19-2009, 01:52 AM
Kinda random but one thing noticed is JaMarcus has Russell on the back of te jersey, not J. Russell. Gary Russell is on the team and arnt they supose to change that?

RaiderNation
10-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Looking at our schedule, we have 7 games we should be able to compete in if our D can play like they did and JaMarcus plays well...

Vs Jets
Lost Jenkins for the season, Sanchez is playing like a rookie, should be a good game

@ Chargers
Not saying we are going to win, but Id expect us to be in the game

vs Chiefs
Chiefs arnt all that great, beat them already this year

vs Bengals
Probably will lose this 1, but not by alot

at Cowboys
Thanksgiving game, would be great to beat them when every1 is watching

vs Redskins
Skins suck, I hope we win this 1 atleast

vs Browns
Same as the Skins

Id say we win 3 or 4 of the 7, going 5-11 or 6-10.

SwagU
10-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Most important thing will be seeing if this team has promise. These last seven games will determine what direction we go come april. Crossing my fingers that this defense continues to play with heart, our run game stays strong and J-Roc can finally put it all together.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-19-2009, 06:42 PM
It will be interesting to see if the coaching staff can turn this win into momentum for the team. Oakland can definitely take on the Jets if their defense manages to materialize a similar game plan to what they had against the Eagles. That defensive line needs to have a big day to disrupt Mark Sanchez, allowing the linebackers to focus on corralling Jones and Washington. We needs Asomugha back though. Routt played a hell of a game taking over that RCB spot, but Chris Johnson got smoked a couple times deep. Jenkins being out for the Jets is what gives the offense a shot.

RaiderNation
10-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Now it looks like Schilens is full go at pratice this week, and will play this week. Schilens and Murphy should start with DHB in the slot. 3 young WR's with potential.

EDIT: Also Gallery is out this week and likely out til after the bye week :(.

SwagU
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Now it looks like Schilens is full go at pratice this week, and will play this week. Schilens and Murphy should start with DHB in the slot. 3 young WR's with potential.

EDIT: Also Gallery is out this week and likely out til after the bye week :(.

Great news for the Raiders since Schilens is the only player Russell can consistently complete a pass too who isnt a RB or Zach Miller. As for DHB the move to the slot should help him get out of this slump, this will take pressure off him and give him a way to showcase that speed Al raves about.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Eh, I want Gallery back as badly as the next guy, but it's far less of a big deal with Jenkins out next week. He would have eaten Morris/Satele alive without Gallery's help.

Schilens being back is a big deal (honestly, anything that gets DHB off the field). We should have taken Maclin.

Stash
10-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm not gonna get too excited yet. We saw a good performance like this week 1 and got progressively worse each week to the point where we looked like one of the worst teams in the league. I'm hoping we can put out an effort like this again but I'm gonna need to see us play this kind of competitive football for 2-3 games before I get my hopes up. Sure we could beat some of the teams that RN posted, but those teams are seeing us on the schedule and saying the same thing.

SuperMcGee
10-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Having not seen the game, I credit this victory entirely to Trevor Scott and Langston Walker. Zach Miller gets kudos, too, because he rules and he showed it.

Nice one, guys!

bernbabybern820
10-19-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm not gonna get too excited yet. We saw a good performance like this week 1 and got progressively worse each week to the point where we looked like one of the worst teams in the league. I'm hoping we can put out an effort like this again but I'm gonna need to see us play this kind of competitive football for 2-3 games before I get my hopes up. Sure we could beat some of the teams that RN posted, but those teams are seeing us on the schedule and saying the same thing.

I'm worried because it's not really our pass defense thats too bad. It's our run defense and Philly didn't really test it too much. The Jets have a great running game.

Having not seen the game, I credit this victory entirely to Trevor Scott and Langston Walker. Zach Miller gets kudos, too, because he rules and he showed it.

Nice one, guys!

Langston Walker didn't play.

Sniper
10-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Reason we won today was the D. We were finally allowed to blitz which made McNabb feel pressured everytime he dropped back.

Facing four backup OL probably didn't hurt either.

RaiderNation
10-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Looks like Nnamdi is alright. The scratch on his eye is better and he will use a face sheild to protect it. Looks like we got 3 quality CBs now