PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best team in the NFL?

saintsfan912
10-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Damn right the Saints are.

Gay Ork Wang
10-18-2009, 04:27 PM
http://clanuk.com/forums/images/smilies/troll-web.jpg

saintsfan912
10-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Dude I've been here for 3 years. Not sure that constitutes me being a troll.

A Perfect Score
10-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Hes a year older then you Renji. Maybe it is you who is the troll here.

CJSchneider
10-18-2009, 04:31 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o258/kev_alert/youshouldspaceeee.jpg

Splat
10-18-2009, 04:33 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/28m0cr8.jpg

PoopSandwich
10-18-2009, 04:44 PM
cleveland browns.

yo123
10-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Hard to go against the Saints this point.

I see the Saints, Giants, Vikings, and Colts as a pretty clear top 4 in some order.

Gay Ork Wang
10-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Dude I've been here for 3 years. Not sure that constitutes me being a troll.
you are a troll for making a dumb thread not because you are new to the forum.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Hard to go against the Saints this point.

I see the Saints, Giants, Vikings, and Colts as a pretty clear top 4 in some order.

With the way that Brady is playing I think the pats make that a top 5.

yo123
10-18-2009, 04:59 PM
With the way that Brady is playing I think the pats make that a top 5.

I thought about it and they definitely might be. But the Titans are TERRIBLE. I'll wait one more week.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 05:00 PM
I thought about it and they definitely might be. But the Titans are TERRIBLE. I'll wait one more week.

While true, Brady is looking more like the brady of yor with his accuracy. I still think you can rattle him, but if you give him time he's clearly back.

yo123
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
While true, Brady is looking more like the brady of yor with his accuracy. I still think you can rattle him, but if you give him time he's clearly back.

Well, a lot of these receivers are wide open. But if he's really back, the Pats might be the best team in the league.

PackerLegend
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Means absolutely nothing, win the superbowl and then your the best. Surprised a Saints fan made this thread.

Shiver
10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Saints are the best in the NFC right now, but when it gets to the playoffs I favor the Minnesota Vikings.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Well, a lot of these receivers are wide open. But if he's really back, the Pats might be the best team in the league.

True, but the thing is that he was just missing people in previous games, not that he wasn't making great throws but that he was just making some terrible throws, those aren't happening this game.

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 05:15 PM
The Vikings barely survived today and took a miracle pass and catch to bea tthe 49ers so I think its fair to say that the Saints are #1 in the NFC.

Anyone know a team that could beat them in the AFC?

Jvig43
10-18-2009, 05:15 PM
The Pats have along way to go to be considered top 5. We just lost to denver, and we have a rough middle schedule. This is why people hate on the pats, they have one blow out game after losing to a decent team and people annoint them top tier. Its good to see Brady play well, but he needs to do this consistently.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM
The Pats have along way to go to be considered top 5. We just lost to denver, and we have a rough middle schedule. This is why people hate on the pats, they have one blow out game after losing to a decent team and people annoint them top tier. Its good to see Brady play well, but he needs to do this consistently.

I think it's that a lot of us have just been looking for Brady to start looking more like his old self, he's got his accuracy back and if he's the brady of 07 again then that is a top 5 team in the league even if they're coming off a lose to a good denver team.

yo123
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM
The Vikings barely survived today and took a miracle pass and catch to bea tthe 49ers so I think its fair to say that the Saints are #1 in the NFC.

The Colts.

And lost in the fact that we almost blew the game is that we outplayed the Ravens (a very good team) by a good margin for three quarters.

I agree though that the Saints are #1 right now.

BlindSite
10-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Colts and New Orleans, closely followed by the Vikings.

Jvig43
10-18-2009, 05:25 PM
I think it's that a lot of us have just been looking for Brady to start looking more like his old self, he's got his accuracy back and if he's the brady of 07 again then that is a top 5 team in the league even if they're coming off a lose to a good denver team.

Maybe but Tenn is just a poor example just because of how injury depleted they are. I mean I guess when I read those statements I just kind of understood where alot of other fans come from when they bash the pats and their fans for going on about them after one good game. If Brady can play like he is now for the rest of the season, than sure were a top 5, but thats a big if against a very weak Tennessee defense.

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 05:26 PM
If the Broncos beat the chargers, I'd rank them higher than the Vikings for some reason :shrug:

Shiver
10-18-2009, 05:33 PM
I cannot wait for the New England-Indianapolis game, as usual it will probably determine the AFC. (if Indy has to go to Foxboro in the playoffs it is over.)

CC.SD
10-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Colts obviously. Although it's not the first time they've been the best team during the regular season. I can't believe what NE is doing to the Titans right now but the two best teams come down to NO and Indy.

yodabear
10-18-2009, 05:40 PM
I can't believe the Rams haven't been brought up in this conversation.

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 05:41 PM
does anyone realize that it's only week 6 and pretty much none of this matters?

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 05:44 PM

^^ this guy is so butthurt over that loss. I think everybody on the forums knows that its only week 6. OP is merely pointing out that they are the team to beat in the NFL as of today. :roll:

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 05:46 PM
^^ this guy is so butthurt over that loss. I think everybody on the forums knows that its only week 6. OP is merely pointing out that they are the team to beat in the NFL as of today. :roll:

yep, my butt hurts. but i can at least take solace knowing that my user name isn't "DeCrunkMAn" and I can sleep just fine at night.

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 05:50 PM
yep, my butt hurts. but i can at least take solace knowing that my user name isn't "DeCrunkMAn" and I can sleep just fine at night.

I was actually searching on how to change my name just now LOL But Im glad that was your best comeback. :)

S T R I N G
10-18-2009, 05:54 PM

Funny that you would say that after a Giants loss. Very surprising.

CC.SD
10-18-2009, 05:55 PM

Don't lie scotty you know you wish you thought of DeCrunkMAn first.

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 05:56 PM
I was actually searching on how to change my name just now LOL But Im glad that was your best comeback. :)

comeback? you've been here since 07, have you not realized I don't give a ****? that I'm hardly ever serious? I'm not gonna go looking for an argument against you searching for comebacks and ****. When I get in arguments, they're legit stuff, not this trivial stuff

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 05:56 PM

His nickname is Captain Obvious.

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Don't lie scotty you know you wish you thought of DeCrunkMAn first.

:eek: leave me alone Scottyboy!

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 05:57 PM

do people think I'm actually upset? Like really? Of course I'm disappointed, but in case nobody noticed, the Giants are still 5-1 and in the top tier team.

ZOMGZ GIANTS R TOP 5 IN TEH NFL.

better?

see, CC understood where I'm coming from. <3
CC is the reason I think San Diego should draft a Rutgers player. He deserves some of the glory.

S T R I N G
10-18-2009, 05:59 PM
do people think I'm actually upset? Like really? Of course I'm disappointed, but in case nobody noticed, the Giants are still 5-1 and in the top tier team.

ZOMGZ GIANTS R TOP 5 IN TEH NFL.

better?

see, CC understood where I'm coming from. <3
CC is the reason I think San Diego should draft a Rutgers player. He deserves some of the glory.

Well you something tells me if the Giants won you wouldn't come into this thread and talk about how "none of it matters". If the Giants were 6-0 and considered the best team in the league you would happily come into this thread and put forth an argument for why they are the best.

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 06:00 PM
comeback? you've been here since 07, have you not realized I don't give a ****? that I'm hardly ever serious? I'm not gonna go looking for an argument against you searching for comebacks and ****. When I get in arguments, they're legit stuff, not this trivial stuff

Yo the giants lost. Its fine. I dont blame you.

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Well you something tells me if the Giants won you wouldn't come into this thread and talk about how "none of it matters". If the Giants were 6-0 and considered the best team in the league you would happily come into this thread and put forth an argument for why they are the best.

if the Giants won, this thread isn't made to begin with...

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 06:03 PM

If scottyboi came into this thread saying "oh man, maybe next time we'll get our shyt together and beat them come playoffs" I wouldnt pick on him. LOL

vidae
10-18-2009, 06:07 PM
if the Giants won, this thread isn't made to begin with...

Scotty has a point. What is up with you guys acting like 12 year olds? I don't think I've ever seen scotty post anything about the Giants being amazing unless it was in jest. From his posts he's probably one of the most chill posters on here unless it's about Rutgers and then get the hell out of the way.

Pick a different target. You're wasting your time here.

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Scotty has a point. What is up with you guys acting like 12 year olds? I don't think I've ever seen scotty post anything about the Giants being amazing unless it was in jest. From his posts he's probably one of the most chill posters on here unless it's about Rutgers and then get the hell out of the way.

Pick a different target. You're wasting your time here.

I hope youre not referring to me as a 12 year old when all I did was respond to him for acting like a 12 year to me.

vidae
10-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Yo the giants lost. Its fine. I dont blame you.

Yes, this is a very mature comment that someone over 12 would make.

DeCrunkMAn
10-18-2009, 06:14 PM

Yes, This is a very mature comment that someone over 12 would make.

tjsunstein
10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Awesome thread.

I'd go with the Vikings, though.

1a. Vikings
1b. Saints
2a. Colts
2b. Giants

Jvig43
10-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Im gonna say Saints, Colts, Vikes, Giants.

tjsunstein
10-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Im gonna say Saints, Colts, Vikes, Giants.

Interchangeable because of how early it is. No wrong answer with those 4.

P-L
10-18-2009, 06:41 PM
I cannot wait for the New England-Indianapolis game, as usual it will probably determine the AFC. (if Indy has to go to Foxboro in the playoffs it is over.)
Is it just me, or is New England always on the road against Indinapolis? Isn't this the third or fourth year in a row Indy has gotten this game at home? I think it'd be better for the rivalry if the two teams rotated who plays at home,

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
1. Colts
2. Saints(the top 2 are interchangeable)
3.Vikings
4. Giants
5. Broncos
6. Patriots
7. Chiefs
8. Bears
9. Bengals
10. Ravens

IMO.

yo123
10-18-2009, 09:00 PM
7. Chiefs

Am I missing something here?

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Man if Sheridan doesn't get his head out of his ass by the playoffs we'll be one and done for certain. Which sucks major nuts considering the talent on our team.

Giantsfan1080
Is it just me, or is New England always on the road against Indinapolis? Isn't this the third or fourth year in a row Indy has gotten this game at home? I think it'd be better for the rivalry if the two teams rotated who plays at home,

I was just thinking the same thing. I remember one game where the Colts were home against the Pats. It's quite possible I was drunk for others so I don't remember though.

Giantsfan1080
Man if Sheridan doesn't get his head out of his ass by the playoffs we'll be one and done for certain. Which sucks major nuts considering the talent on our team.

I commented on that in the Giants thread. I didn't like what I saw from him at all.

Bengalsrocket
10-18-2009, 09:07 PM

Seems legit to me, they won today! :P

Anyways, on a somewhat related topic; every team should draft or trade for a Rutgers player, they're amazing.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-18-2009, 09:11 PM

Whoops, my bad. I meant the Raiders.

yo123
10-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Whoops, my bad. I meant the Raiders.

Oh alright, that's better.

NIN1984
10-18-2009, 09:31 PM
I love the Saints but I gotta go with the Vikings. Favre is amazing, everyone knew all the Vikings needed was a QB and this team would be a serious contender.

Saints-Tigers
10-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Totally not necessary.

Maybe I'm just not used to having a team this good, but I feel no need to try and throw it in people's faces when it really means nothing.

Remember that time we started 7-1 and finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs? I do, shut your trap plz, and stop worrying about who is the best team in the middle of October, because it means squat right now.

Rosebud
10-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I love the Saints but I gotta go with the Vikings. Favre is amazing, everyone knew all the Vikings needed was a QB and this team would be a serious contender.

I don't trust Childress which is why I don't think the Vikings are going to go far in the playoffs, despite the very good team they have assembled. They certainly deserve to be one of the top 3 teams in the league right now, I just don't think they'll be there when the season draws to a close.

vikes_28
10-18-2009, 10:26 PM
NOT, the Minnesota Vikings.

S T R I N G
10-18-2009, 10:38 PM
wow, what a thread.

wow, what a post.

Jvig43
10-18-2009, 10:54 PM
And here we go.........

wordofi
10-18-2009, 10:55 PM
The New Orleans Saints.

fenikz
10-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Colts without a doubt in my mind, Manning is playing quite possibly the best anyone has ever played at QB

RaiderNation
10-18-2009, 11:15 PM
When you have Peyton Manning playing as good as he is, and the D playing well, you gotta go with the Colts

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 11:38 PM
njx: pwning n00bs since March '05

sweetness34
10-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Congrats on being the best team in Week 6. In order for that to mean anything, you need to be the best team in Week 17 and the playoffs.

I remember the Jets looking pretty damn good last year before their collapse. I think the Saints are ******* scary if their defense keeps playing up to what they've shown so far but keep in mind they haven't been tested on the road yet either, and dome teams always have problems when they step outdoors.

I really don't know who the best team in the league is right now, and that's what makes it fun. I refuse to bet against Pittsburgh right now though, especially with Mendenhall's beastlyness.

falloutboy14
10-18-2009, 11:56 PM

It's a little crazy how it works, but each team gets home field 3-years in a row. The Pats hosted from '04 to '06, Colts have '07 to '09. If the Pats/Colts play next year it'll be in Foxboro.

As far as the best teams, I'm off the giants band-wagon. The win over the Cowboys was shaky at best. Barber & Felix ran the ball up and down the field on the Giants.

I think I'd go Colts, Saints, Vikes, Broncos, Pats. Saints & Colts both are very consistent and I'd expect each of them to go 14-2 at worst.

PS: Anyone know what the time-line is for the William's court case? Is the Minnesota judge's ruling final, or is it still up in the air. I'd laugh really hard if the suspensions became effective in the playoffs and the Vikes/Saints play each-other with half their D-line.

I can't believe the Rams haven't been brought up in this conversation. Next week the Rams get to help the Colts get to 6-0.

Geo
10-19-2009, 12:09 AM
It's only Week 6.

But anyone but the Colts. Leave the Colts alone.

Geo
10-19-2009, 12:14 AM
It's a little crazy how it works, but each team gets home field 3-years in a row. The Pats hosted from '04 to '06, Colts have '07 to '09. If the Pats/Colts play next year it'll be in Foxboro.
Exactly, it's just the way the schedule works.

To be a little more specific, if the Colts and Pats finish in the same spot in their division this season, they will play at Foxboro in 2010.

If they finish in the same spot in their division in 2010, they will play at Foxboro in 2011.

And they will play at Foxboro in 2012 because the AFC South and AFC East play each other again in the rotation.

After that it swings back to Indy for the next three years, assuming things operate the same.

Rosebud
10-19-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm glad people are starting to hop off of our bandwagon. We're a team that really flourishes when people doubt us. Hopefully the team responds and Sheridan realizes that that won't work against good teams.

vikes_28
10-19-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm still not sold on the Vikings. Even if I am a vikings fan. We are 6 seconds away from being 4-2. Two last second victories?? I don't buy it.

MetSox17
10-19-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm still not sold on the Vikings. Even if I am a vikings fan. We are 6 seconds away from being 4-2. Two last second victories?? I don't buy it.

I don't think that's anything to be embarrassed of, if anything it goes to show that the team can win in tight, late game situations, which is often the case in the NFL. There are plenty of teams that are screwed if they're caught in a two minute drill for the 'W'. Minnesota is lucky that now with Favre, they aren't one of those teams.

Flyboy
10-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Totally not necessary.

Maybe I'm just not used to having a team this good, but I feel no need to try and throw it in people's faces when it really means nothing.

Remember that time we started 7-1 and finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs? I do, shut your trap plz, and stop worrying about who is the best team in the middle of October, because it means squat right now.

Thank you very much, S-T. Took exactly what I was going to say off my keyboard.

vikes_28
10-19-2009, 01:53 AM
I don't think that's anything to be embarrassed of, if anything it goes to show that the team can win in tight, late game situations, which is often the case in the NFL. There are plenty of teams that are screwed if they're caught in a two minute drill for the 'W'. Minnesota is lucky that now with Favre, they aren't one of those teams.

You are right, I guess I never really saw it that way. Its just frustrating when the Vikings don't play as well as I know they can. I was pissed off after the Rams game cause I know they could have done better than 38 points.

saintsfan912
10-19-2009, 07:09 AM
This thread was never meant to gauge the best teams in the league. I was simply asking if the Saints were finally a real contender or not. Seems no matter who they demoralized this year, the media still had some excuse as to why the other team lost. Guess whoever edited the title had a little misinterpretation of the meaning of the thread.

Paul
10-19-2009, 08:13 AM
This thread was never meant to gauge the best teams in the league. I was simply asking if the Saints were finally a real contender or not. Seems no matter who they demoralized this year, the media still had some excuse as to why the other team lost. Guess whoever edited the title had a little misinterpretation of the meaning of the thread.

Umm. How were we supposed to get that out of "Damn right the Saints are"? Don't try to back track now, just because people are giving you ****. You pretty much deserve it for making such a pointless thread. And go cry to your team forums about not getting enough respect, or stop watching ESPN period if the media is bothering you that much.

Gay Ork Wang
10-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Umm. How were we supposed to get that out of "Damn right the Saints are"? Don't try to back track now, just because people are giving you ****. You pretty much deserve it for making such a pointless thread. And go cry to you team forums about not getting enough respect, or stop watching ESPN period if the media is bothering you that much.
Well, he did name the thread "are the saitns legit?" and it was renamed. but even then it was a horrible attempt in just telling others your team is winning right now

Paul
10-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Well, he did name the thread "are the saitns legit?" and it was renamed. but even then it was a horrible attempt in just telling others your team is winning right now

I thought the original title was "Who is the best team", when it first was posted. That's what I remember seeing yesterday.

Edit: I see the original posting and the edit 15 minutes later now. oops. I retract the first part of my statement, but media stuff stays.

saintsfan912
10-19-2009, 09:01 AM
I could give a **** less about the media, definitely wasnt the point of the post. Kinda just wanted to know what the people of NFLDC thought about them so far. I apologize about being excited after an utter slaughter of the supposed best team in the NFC.

awfullyquiet
10-19-2009, 09:10 AM
right now?

the saints... of course... you hold your breath with them like you would the arizona cardinals or cleveland browns if they were in the same situation...

but, the defense. actually. plays.

no one had any questions about the offense being able to dissect the best defenses... but... the defense shows up, week in, week out, and puts up a great effort every week. the colts are #2... their defense is playing arguably just below the level of the saints... and their offensive potential isn't as high flight... so. just on pure PF/PA. the saints will top the colts in the differential.

edit: oh yeah. teh viqueens are #3. like, i'd interchange them with the colts on a moment to moment basis.

Matthew Jones
10-19-2009, 09:25 AM
The Saints are my pick as well. We all knew they could pass the ball, but they also run the ball very well, have a terrific offensive line, and play great defense. Their game against the Giants was pretty ridiculous. In the AFC, I'd say the Colts are the best team so far, and will be until they lose or someone else starts annihilating opponents. I have some questions about their defense and their running game, but they have a shot to win with that passing game every week.

killxswitch
10-19-2009, 09:54 AM
The Saints are my pick as well. We all knew they could pass the ball, but they also run the ball very well, have a terrific offensive line, and play great defense. Their game against the Giants was pretty ridiculous. In the AFC, I'd say the Colts are the best team so far, and will be until they lose or someone else starts annihilating opponents. I have some questions about their defense and their running game, but they have a shot to win with that passing game every week.

What questions do you have about the Colts' defense? The running game questions are obvious, but the defense has been pretty solid so far, much better vs. the run than last year. I'm not saying there are no questions to ask, I'm just curious what yours are. I agree the passing game is what makes the offense go, so far we've only run when necessary which I don't like. I expect that will change as we get closer to the post season. It'll have to if the Colts are going to do anything in the playoffs.

The Saints have proven they can win however they need to, and beat the Giants pretty soundly. I still think the Giants are a top 5 or 6 team, so that is just a further reflection on how good the Saints are. Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell, and Reggie Bush make a pretty good set of RBs, the OL is better than I think most people expected, and of course Brees is phenomenal. I am a P Manning homer but Brees could make a case for MVP this year, easily. Being on such a balanced team might hurt his chances some but then again the Colts might be pretty balanced as well. We'll see.

vikes_28
10-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I should make a thread that is called, "vikings >>>> saints"

wicket
10-19-2009, 02:23 PM
I should make a thread that is called, "vikings >>>> saints"

I would post in that thread

Shiver
10-19-2009, 02:25 PM
I think Indianapolis needs to forget about Joseph Addai and get Donald Brown more involved. He runs harder and has more explosive ability.

killxswitch
10-19-2009, 02:33 PM
I think Indianapolis needs to forget about Joseph Addai and get Donald Brown more involved. He runs harder and has more explosive ability.

If they do that Brown will lose that explosiveness by week 11 or 12. They're getting about the same YPC. Brown is better at the 2nd level, definitely, and has more big play ability because Addai doesn't seem to know what to do with himself once he gets 20 yards from the LOS, but I would rather Brown save some energy for late in the season and the playoffs. Brown wouldn't do that much better with as bad as the OLine is at run blocking anyway.

D-Unit
10-19-2009, 02:36 PM
I still think the Pittsburgh Steelers would beat any team when "it counts".

Shane P. Hallam
10-19-2009, 03:19 PM

The Steelers next week :D

And yes, I renamed the thread to make this productive.

scottyboy
10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/ray_rice.jpg

He alone is the best team in the NFL, no question

D-Unit
10-19-2009, 04:23 PM
http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/ray_rice.jpg

He alone is the best team in the NFL, no question
I heard he disowned Rutgers because they suck so bad.

Splat
10-19-2009, 04:28 PM
I still think the Pittsburgh Steelers would beat any team when "it counts".

Thanks for joining us Merrill Hodge glad to have you.

Dam8610
10-19-2009, 04:45 PM

They do, the problem is it rotates like every 3 years or so. Remember when every game was in New England? There were like 5 games from 04-06 where that was the case, in fact, the only reason the Colts FINALLY got the Pats in Indy in the 06 AFC Championship was because they'd beaten them earlier in the season in Foxborough. I agree that it really should rotate more, the question is how would the NFL schedule makers fairly do that?

It's only Week 6.

But anyone but the Colts. Leave the Colts alone.

What he said. I remember being excited about being the best team in Week 6. Those were fun times. Now? Not so much. I'd rather go the 2006 route any day of the week.

703SKINS202
10-19-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't know who the best team is right now but I would just like to say that the Giants probably would have done the same thing to the Saints had it been in the Meadowlands. I thought they were the best heading into the weekend and I guess I can't definitively say they are still since they lost to the Saints but they are still my NFC champion prediction. As for the AFC seeing Tom Brady back to his old self would scare me and you can never count out Peyton and the Colts. Denver can really put themselves in the discussion with a convincing win tonight.

Shiver
10-19-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't know who the best team is right now but I would just like to say that the Giants probably would have done the same thing to the Saints had it been in the Meadowlands. I thought they were the best heading into the weekend and I guess I can't definitively say they are still since they lost to the Saints but they are still my NFC champion prediction. As for the AFC seeing Tom Brady back to his old self would scare me and you can never count out Peyton and the Colts. Denver can really put themselves in the discussion with a convincing win tonight.

I agree, let us not overrate the Saints-Giants game. The Giants were not only playing on the road, but they are also missing Aaron Ross and Kenny Phillips, playing against a team that had two weeks to prepare a game-plan for them.

Smooth Criminal
10-19-2009, 08:22 PM
I'll take the Colts and Saints as the top teams in their conferences. Both have looked amazing. I can't decide between them.