PDA

View Full Version : NFC East Division Discussion Thread

D-Unit
10-18-2009, 06:32 PM
How is it that we don't have one of these?

Oh well... Here's to a beautiful new beginning.

No better way to start this than by saying, the Eagles, Giants and Redskins all lost today and the Cowboys managed to stay out of trouble by having the Bye.

Wooo hooo!!! Cowboys rule and you drool! :p

FinChase
10-18-2009, 07:05 PM
How is it that we don't have one of these?

Oh well... Here's to a beautiful new beginning.

No better way to start this than by saying, the Eagles, Giants and Redskins all lost today and the Cowboys managed to stay out of trouble by having the Bye.

Wooo hooo!!! Cowboys rule and you drool! :p

Hooray for bye weeks!

Thumper
10-25-2009, 11:16 PM
If the Eagles win tomorrow the Giants will be in first place just because they haven't had a bye-week yet. They're 5-2 and the Cowboys are 4-2 and the Eagles should be after tomorrow night 4-2 as well. The Redskins would bring up the end at 2-5 presuming they lose.

Thumper
11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Well, Eagles v. Cowboys is going to be a battle for first place in the NFC East.

D-Unit
11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Well, Eagles v. Cowboys is going to be a battle for first place in the NFC East.
Which really does mean nothing at this point in the season.

They entertainment value is huge though. :)

D-Unit
11-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Oh and can we please not have any "yea but Brian Westbrook was hurt"?

Thumper
11-01-2009, 06:59 PM
LOL on the Eagles website they went into the locker room and showed a coach talking to Leonard Weaver, who was talking about winning and the coach comes up and says "Next week we got the Cowgirls game".

quincyyyyy
11-01-2009, 07:12 PM
LOL on the Eagles website they went into the locker room and showed a coach talking to Leonard Weaver, who was talking about winning and the coach comes up and says "Next week we got the Cowgirls game".

sexist pig. Weaver uses girl as a pejorative. He is a dirty bigot.

Thumper
11-01-2009, 07:16 PM
sexist pig. Weaver uses girl as a pejorative. He is a dirty bigot.

Hmmm.... Sensitive? And I think you read that wrong, the coach said that, Leonard Weaver was busy thanking god for the win and first place in the NFC East...

Go_Eagles77
11-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Hahahaha, I'm sure Dallas fans will love this. I just watched that and the coach that said that is none other than Assistant secondary coach Brian Stewart, former cowboys D-Coordinator.

Thumper
11-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Hahahaha, I'm sure Dallas fans will love this. I just watched that and the coach that said that is none other than Assistant secondary coach Brian Stewart, former cowboys D-Coordinator.

LOL! Wow, I was too lazy to look up who it was but that is golden! I completely forgot about this guy, he is going to give the Eagles some pointers on how to beat the defense. Apparently he hates the 'Cowgirls'. That is great.

Thumper
11-02-2009, 12:08 AM
I really like the way the Eagles matchup with the Cowboys. The defense is pretty bad, in fact it is ranked 22nd in the NFL and the Eagles are the 3rd ranked scoring team and they're known to put points up in a hurry.

The secondary in Dallas is mediocre and they're going to have to find a way to match-up with Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson and Brent Celek who are some of the brightest young stars at their positions.

Also the Dallas offensive line, I like that match-up as well. I'll take Trent Cole on Flozell Adams all day everyday. Adams has allowed 14 pressures and 3 sacks this season so far. And I really think that the Cowboys will struggle with the rotation of Bunkley, Patterson, Laws and Dixon who've been dominant this season, they're only allowing 2.94 YPC when run on up the middle.

eaglesalltheway
11-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Now I'm not trying to start something, but I remember two prominent posters on here in one thread saying that the Saints loss counts the Eagles out for the season. (not that severe, but I remeber lots of pointed fingers saying this is the beginning of the collapse of their season) Ahem, D-Unit (and to an extent BBD, even tho I have great respect for you), you guys were speaking a bit too soon. Now they are (thru division record) leading the division 6 weeks later. Just goes to show you how much season change throughout the course of every week. We had another 9 weeks left, so we shouldn't be making assertions at this point. I personally feel like the Giants are in a bit of a slump now (duh) but will get through it soon and begin to play like many of us expect. The Cowboys/Eagles game will go a long way to show what Dallas brings. If either team gets beat bad, and doesn't respond well in the following weeks, it doesn't look good for either, especially if the Giants regain their game like I expect.

M.O.T.H.
11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Dallas' defense isnt nearly as bad as that ranking and in their last three games they have been good. The numbers still look bad because, of that slow start. But they're coming into their own and playing real well as of late. Pass rush is more consistent and they're doing very nicely against the run.

As for the secondary, Jenkins is playing fantastic and Sensabaugh is playing great ball as well. I wouldnt call them mediocre. Newman is hit or miss but, he can certainly have a good game this week. Scandrick is playing better as well.

Celek is good but, he's not scaring me at all. Jackson is the only guy that makes me nervous and hopefully we'll keep Mike on him for the majority of the game.

As for DT rotations...I have plenty of confidence in Kosier, Gurode, and Davis. Should be a good battle. Good news for you guys is that we havent been running all that well but, that can change any time with our talent at RB.

And lastly, Mr. Flo. He's actually not playing all that bad this season. Cole could def. give him some problems but, I'm not so sure it will be a problem all day. It may be but, at the moment, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Flo is playing well.

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Maclin showed me a lot today. He's a burner but he is also very physical. He's going to be a big time player.

Thumper
11-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Maclin showed me a lot today. He's a burner but he is also very physical. He's going to be a big time player.

Yes, yes and more yes. If I could +rep you I totally would.

Maclin is open much more often than his stats would lead you to believe and he is lighting it up for a rookie, he is lost behind all the other receivers but he is putting his game together. He is running good routes, he knows the offense, he makes tough grabs, he gets open and he can stretch defenses deep.

I know that I'll be called a homer on this, but Maclin is going to VERY good and I can't wait to see him progress in this offense.

Thumper
11-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Dallas' defense isnt nearly as bad as that ranking and in their last three games they have been good. The numbers still look bad because, of that slow start. But they're coming into their own and playing real well as of late. Pass rush is more consistent and they're doing very nicely against the run.

As for the secondary, Jenkins is playing fantastic and Sensabaugh is playing great ball as well. I wouldnt call them mediocre. Newman is hit or miss but, he can certainly have a good game this week. Scandrick is playing better as well.

Celek is good but, he's not scaring me at all. Jackson is the only guy that makes me nervous and hopefully we'll keep Mike on him for the majority of the game.

As for DT rotations...I have plenty of confidence in Kosier, Gurode, and Davis. Should be a good battle. Good news for you guys is that we havent been running all that well but, that can change any time with our talent at RB.

And lastly, Mr. Flo. He's actually not playing all that bad this season. Cole could def. give him some problems but, I'm not so sure it will be a problem all day. It may be but, at the moment, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Flo is playing well.

I am actually pretty afraid of Miles Austin, I'm not sure what I can expect from him. And I really don't like the Jason Witten v. the defense match-up, tight ends have career days against the Eagles.

But yes, this should be a great game and I can't wait for Sunday night football.

eaglesalltheway
11-02-2009, 12:30 AM

I don't like tooting my horn, but... toot toot.

:)

M.O.T.H.
11-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Should be fun.

As for Miles, who knows? He's playing out of his mind. We dont even know what to expect on a weekly basis but, he's off to one hell of a start. If it continues, teams will have to start doubling. Especially if Roy continues to drop passes on the other end. The Seahawks today doubled him probably one, maybe two times. We didnt see much of it but, we may see it soon enough.

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2009, 12:32 AM
I don't like tooting my horn, but... toot toot.

:)

Toot all the way haha. The funny thing is Nicks is also a big physical WR but not as quick. I think we both have 2 big time WR's on our hands.

eaglesalltheway
11-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Toot all the way haha. The funny thing is Nicks is also a big physical WR but not as quick. I think we both have 2 big time WR's on our hands.

Yea, def agree, I loved both Nicks and Maclin. Somewhere, back in like February or March, I know I said somehwere I think Maclin could eventually develop into this draft class' best WR, but at the time, thought he'd be going somewhere else, lol. Of the tier with Nicks and Britt (and some other) I liked Nicks the best, after initially liking Britt before I saw more of Nicks, yea, I agree. And I also remember posting Maclin being a more balnced receiver than everyone gave him credit for, though we all know he isn't nearly as strong as Nicks, he is def stronger than most thought, as you said somewhere else...

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Yea, def agree, I loved both Nicks and Maclin. Somewhere, back in like February or March, I know I said somehwere I think Maclin could eventually develop into this draft class' best WR, but at the time, thought he'd be going somewhere else, lol. Of the tier with Nicks and Britt (and some other) I liked Nicks the best, after initially liking Britt before I saw more of Nicks, yea, I agree. And I also remember posting Maclin being a more balnced receiver than everyone gave him credit for, though we all know he isn't nearly as strong as Nicks, he is def stronger than most thought, as you said somewhere else...

Coming into the draft I think I had Maclin at #4 behind Crabtree, Nicks, and Britt. I wasn't high on Harvin or DHB but one of them has proven me wrong. I also thought Maclin would take a year or two to develop but this isn't the case at all. I'm so suprised at Maclin's physical ability that I think he might end up at a better WR than Jackson if that's possible. He has a similar speed as him but when you throw in the other aspects then you guys are lucky.

Thumper
11-02-2009, 12:43 AM

I'm with you on Nicks, I thought he was going to be the Eagles pick for a while and I REALLY wanted him to be. I thought he was perfect for the WCO, I thought he ran nice routes, was strong, was able to get YAC and had Fitzgerald like hands. I definitely think there are some young stud receivers in this division.

With Nicks, Smith, Jackson, Maclin and Austin the future of the division is bright at the WR spot.

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm with you on Nicks, I thought he was going to be the Eagles pick for a while and I REALLY wanted him to be. I thought he was perfect for the WCO, I thought he ran nice routes, was strong, was able to get YAC and had Fitzgerald like hands. I definitely think there are some young stud receivers in this division.

With Nicks, Smith, Jackson, Maclin and Austin the future of the division is bright at the WR spot.

I agree. We're going from one of the worst WR's in a conference to one of the best.

Thumper
Coming into the draft I think I had Maclin at #4 behind Crabtree, Nicks, and Britt. I wasn't high on Harvin or DHB but one of them has proven me wrong. I also thought Maclin would take a year or two to develop but this isn't the case at all. I'm so suprised at Maclin's physical ability that I think he might end up at a better WR than Jackson if that's possible. He has a similar speed as him but when you throw in the other aspects then you guys are lucky.

I actually had that written in my response to your other post but I thought that might be too edgy considering all the D-Jax love going around.

eaglesalltheway

For me it was Crabs, Maclin (very close: VERY), then the dropoff to Nicks, Britt, Harvin, and then another dropoff to DHB and the rest of the WRs, lol. I didn't like Harvin much either, and so far he is making me feel stupid. Right now with how things are playing out in the rookie class it looks like Maclin, Harvin, Nicks, and then after that it gets tough to tell, but there all young and lots of things will happen yet...

eaglesalltheway
11-02-2009, 12:47 AM
I actually had that written in my response to your other post but I thought that might be too edgy considering all the D-Jax love going around.

I may have said something earlier when I was going to TC about this, but I may just remember thinking it and not having the balls to actually say it, lol.

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2009, 12:49 AM
So Thumper and EATW am I crazy in thinking that Maclin might be better than DeSean? How do you guys feel after watching them?

Thumper
11-02-2009, 12:59 AM
So Thumper and EATW am I crazy in thinking that Maclin might be better than DeSean? How do you guys feel after watching them?

You're not crazy. DeSean is no doubt the more explosive weapon but I already think Maclin is developing into the more balanced receiver, he already plays all three spots in the offense which is amazing considering that he missed a large portion of training camp with a contract issue.

And Maclin is already targeted more than DeSean. DeSean is hit on big plays which is why his numbers are so high, but in the past two games Maclin has been targeted more and Maclin is turning more of the targets into receptions. Last week, against the Washington Redskins, Maclin was the receiver who McNabb targeted the most. McNabb threw Maclin's way seven times, for five passes for 53 yards. I don't know the numbers from the Giants game but he was targeted more than DeSean was, I know that for a fact.

They complement each other very nicely.

D-Unit
11-02-2009, 01:01 AM
Which really does mean nothing at this point in the season.

They entertainment value is huge though. :)
Again... this upcoming game means nothing. It really doesn't.

Win or lose, both teams can come away and still accomplish their goals for the season. ...first the playoffs, then the SB.

Should be fun to watch. Nothing more. This isn't do or die.... which makes me think that Dallas will win. It's the do or die games that we have crumbled in. These meaningless ones that we win always give us a false sense that we are better than we are. Fans and media start to get big heads about it... and then they come crashing and the fans and media start bashing the boys again. Once continuous cycle. Been there, done that with this story guys.

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2009, 01:03 AM
D-Unit you quoted your own post. :)

Thumper
11-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Again... this upcoming game means nothing. It really doesn't.

Win or lose, both teams can come away and still accomplish their goals for the season. ...first the playoffs, then the SB.

Should be fun to watch. Nothing more. This isn't do or die.... which makes me think that Dallas will win. It's the do or die games that we have crumbled in. These meaningless ones that we win always give us a false sense that we are better than we are. Fans and media start to get big heads about it... and then they come crashing and the fans and media start bashing the boys again. Once continuous cycle. Been there, done that with this story guys.

Of course this isn't do or die, but this is the middle of the season, teams are getting ready for the home stretch to the playoffs and this is a first place game in the NFC BEAST, where every single game counts and any game won creates that much more room for error. This is a game for first place in the NFC East heading into the second half of the season, this is going to be good stuff.

/Hype.

D-Unit
11-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Of course this isn't do or die, but this is the middle of the season, teams are getting ready for the home stretch to the playoffs and this is a first place game in the NFC BEAST, where every single game counts and any game won creates that much more room for error. This is a game for first place in the NFC East heading into the second half of the season, this is going to be good stuff.

/Hype.
Who cares about 1st place in the division at this point of the season??? LOLZ.

It's one of those things that is nice, but holds no substance.

Thumper
11-02-2009, 03:00 PM
DeSean for MVP? (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/11/01/snap.judgments/1.html)

I'm not saying DeSean Jackson has my vote locked up, but as midseason approaches, don't you at least have to include the second-year Eagles receiver on the short list of MVP candidates? Every one of Jackson's touchdowns have been the stuff of highlight-reel, and with Sunday's 54-yard scoring catch against the Giants factored in, the former Cal standout now has four touchdowns as a receiver, one as a rusher and one as a punter returner.

I'm not saying I agree because I don't see that happening at all but, DeSean is a big play waiting to happen and defense really respect his big play ability. Also he has IMO proven that he might be the most explosive player in football with his 6 touchdowns for 50 or more yards, along with 6 receptions of 40 or more yards, 4 punt returns for over 20 yards and 2 runs for over 20 yards one of which was a 65 yard touchdown.

Just something I thought was interesting.

And just so everyone knows, DeSean Jackson is the first player to have 6 touchdowns of 50 or more yards in his teams first 7 games since the 1950's when hall of famer Elroy Hirsch in the fifties. The NFL record for 50 yard touchdowns in a season? 8 by Devin Hester and Elroy Hirsch. DeSean Jackson has 6 with more than half of the season to go.

Go_Eagles77
11-02-2009, 03:05 PM
If he continues at this rate, while also increasing his number of receptions per game, I'd like to think he has a chance. It is very rare for a WR to win the MVP though, how many times did Jerry Rice do it?

D-Unit
11-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Desean Jackson is sick and we're all jealous of the Eagles for having him. Can't we just leave it at that?

M.O.T.H.
11-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Maybe team MVP or NFC East MVP.

But a Qb will win it. Peyton or Favre seem like the most realistic choices.

Brady, Brees, and AD will probably in there somewhere as well.

M.O.T.H.
11-02-2009, 03:12 PM
To put things in perspective, Austin is having a better receiving year than Jackson. As are a bunch of WRs. Granted he's not scoring on punt returns or rushing them in but, as for WR stats, they're pretty close. Even on those big 20+ and 40+ yard plays.

Thumper
12-15-2009, 12:22 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/89631/pg2_e_cowboysillo_300.jpg

Thumper
12-30-2009, 04:39 AM
Mike Jenkins better watch himself lol

"We're just playing the deep balls," Jenkins told the Cowboys' Web site. "The main thing is they try to catch you off-guard. It's yet to happen to us, and we're not planning on it to happen. I guess he runs past a lot of guys, and it's not going to happen this week. It's not going to happen to us, period."

Mike Jenkins, you're a loudmouth who is about to eat your words. And it should be noted you've never even covered DeSean Jackson and he is still saying he can stop him. I hope DeSean catches wind of this.

Edit: And Mike Jenkins shouldn't be talking about getting physical.

Exhibit A: http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b0/fullj.8613e04ef4273b6fa783638cd63f01fd/8613e04ef4273b6fa783638cd63f01fd-getty-88972277rm017_san_diego_cha.jpg
Exhibit B:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JW7lz8x2I-0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JW7lz8x2I-0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FreshBoy!
12-30-2009, 08:29 AM
That's Cute.

Gribble
12-30-2009, 09:07 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05mufUr7jR7mX/220x.jpg

FreshBoy!
12-30-2009, 09:30 AM
2 catches, 29 yards.

Sniper
12-30-2009, 09:37 AM
2 catches, 29 yards.

Good game for Terrence Newman.

FreshBoy!
12-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Indeed...That's why it's a team game.

Thumper
12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Anybody else think that the winner of Eagles V. Cowboys is going to take the NFC crown? I think this is going to be a battle not only for division supremacy but for conference supremacy. Whoever wins the game this week will win the NFC, count on it because both teams are better than the Cardinals and Packers and the Vikings and Saints are stumbling to the finish line. Hopefully they don't meet early on again because if they don't they'll likely meet in the NFC Championship game.

D-Unit
12-31-2009, 02:21 AM
Anybody else think that the winner of Eagles V. Cowboys is going to take the NFC crown? I think this is going to be a battle not only for division supremacy but for conference supremacy. Whoever wins the game this week will win the NFC, count on it because both teams are better than the Cardinals and Packers and the Vikings and Saints are stumbling to the finish line. Hopefully they don't meet early on again because if they don't they'll likely meet in the NFC Championship game.
I'm scared of Green Bay more than any other team... including the AFC teams.

Thumper
12-31-2009, 02:53 AM
I'm scared of Green Bay more than any other team... including the AFC teams.

Why? They aren't scaring me without Al Harris that defense is vulnerable as the Steelers proved and their offensive line isn't going to survive a meeting with Dallas, Philly or Arizona, just look what the Vikings did to them repeatedly. And Aaron Rodgers gets away with a lot of stuff playing against fluff teams like Seattle but he won't get away with holding onto the ball against the Eagles, Vikings, Cowboys or Cardinals, he'll take to many sacks just like he always does and then after a few good hits he'll get nervous and his QB timer will be running faster than usual and he'll make mistakes.

Oh, I just looked up the stats on Rodgers' game log and realized why you're scared of the Packers, lol I think that game was an isolated event.

But I think that Lambeau Field would've done a lot for them in the playoffs, thankfully they will be on the road all of the playoffs, they'll have to travel into the other teams home and that really puts a dent in things because Lambeau in January is unforgiving.

M.O.T.H.
12-31-2009, 03:01 AM
I've said it another thread but the Packers scare the crap out of me as well...for Dallas at least. Primary reason being...they absolutely destroyed our O-line. They threw our lineman around, completely over powered them. They were just stronger at the point of attack, it's not a good match up for us there. That game wasnt even that close. The stats dont paint an accurate picture. Luckily, even a decent pass rush can disrupt things with their below average O-Line. But that defense still embarrassed us. And considering that it was a strength/power issue...I would expect to see a lot of the same problems for our offensive line.

This was also the same game where we had a free man coming in on Romo just about every time he dropped back. Horrible, horrible, horrible job of picking up the blitz against the Packers. It didnt help that Garrett had no interest in some mass protection either.

Thumper
12-31-2009, 03:16 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPfY_ImmGyc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPfY_ImmGyc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

eaglesalltheway
12-31-2009, 02:29 PM
I agree, the Packers are a dangerous team, though I feel Dallas is the biggest threat as of now. I've said it before, but I will never count out the Saints as long as Brees is the QB.

D-Unit
12-31-2009, 04:32 PM
I've said it another thread but the Packers scare the crap out of me as well...for Dallas at least. Primary reason being...they absolutely destroyed our O-line. They threw our lineman around, completely over powered them. They were just stronger at the point of attack, it's not a good match up for us there. That game wasnt even that close. The stats dont paint an accurate picture. Luckily, even a decent pass rush can disrupt things with their below average O-Line. But that defense still embarrassed us. And considering that it was a strength/power issue...I would expect to see a lot of the same problems for our offensive line.

This was also the same game where we had a free man coming in on Romo just about every time he dropped back. Horrible, horrible, horrible job of picking up the blitz against the Packers. It didnt help that Garrett had no interest in some mass protection either.
Garrett doesn't know how to attack a Lebeau Zone Blitz scheme. It's been in the AFC, but now that it's in the NFC, he better get his act together. Another negative factor that comes with hiring an inexperienced OC.

GB is one of the teams I think have a legit shot at the SB.

Minny is reelin'. NOR is reelin'. ARZ is beatable... just get to Warner (who looks like a shell of what he was last year). Philly will be tough, especially if we have to try to beat them 3 times in a season. I really wouldn't mind losing to them this week, for that exact reason. When we swept the Giants in the regular season 2 years ago, they beat us in the playoffs. It's not impossible to win 3, but it's dang hard... and it's definitely against the odds.

scottyboy
12-31-2009, 04:41 PM
are philly fans really that scared of Dallas? dayum. Philly's the scariest NFC team in the playoffs...

Thumper
12-31-2009, 05:14 PM
are philly fans really that scared of Dallas? dayum. Philly's the scariest NFC team in the playoffs...

Hell yes and Dallas fans are scared of us, it is a mutual fright. I don't like how well Tony Romo is playing and I can only hope that Trent Cole, Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel can change that. Other than that I have confidence but Mile s Austin, Tony Romo and Jay Ratliff scare me.

Plus they beat us earlier this season, so why wouldn't we be scared.

I do have a bunch of optimism though the Eagles have this thing where they dominate the Cowboys in the rematch as a matter of fact the Eagles have won 8 of the past 9 match-ups the last Cowboys rematch win came in 2005 when Donovan McNabb was injured in the middle of the game and Mike McMahon still almost led a comeback but the Eagle receiver dropped the pass that would've put the Eagles in position to kick the game winning field goal. The Cowboys have never scored over 14 points in the rematch this decade. They have also only limited the Eagles to less than 20 points once in the rematches this decade. Also in December/January the Cowboys have never beaten the Eagles at home (in Dallas) this decade and in the match-ups the Cowboys have lost 2 division titles and a playoff spot.

Plus I'm not sure they don't seem focused, Mike Jenkins is focusing in on DeSean Jackson a guy who he doesn't even guard. Meanwhile the Eagles seem extremely focused from all of what I've heard, they're just brushing off whatever the Cowboys say and saying they're not going to relay messages through the media they're going to show what they can do on the field.

And Victor Abiamiri has as many touchdowns as Jason Witten this year, thats the Eagles third string DE. ;) JK But Celek should've made it over him.

D-Unit
12-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Hell yes and Dallas fans are scared of us, it is a mutual fright. I don't like how well Tony Romo is playing and I can only hope that Trent Cole, Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel can change that. Other than that I have confidence but Mile s Austin, Tony Romo and Jay Ratliff scare me.

Plus they beat us earlier this season, so why wouldn't we be scared.

I do have a bunch of optimism though the Eagles have this thing where they dominate the Cowboys in the rematch as a matter of fact the Eagles have won 8 of the past 9 match-ups the last Cowboys rematch win came in 2005 when Donovan McNabb was injured in the middle of the game and Mike McMahon still almost led a comeback but the Eagle receiver dropped the pass that would've put the Eagles in position to kick the game winning field goal. The Cowboys have never scored over 14 points in the rematch this decade. They have also only limited the Eagles to less than 20 points once in the rematches this decade. Also in December/January the Cowboys have never beaten the Eagles at home (in Dallas) this decade and in the match-ups the Cowboys have lost 2 division titles and a playoff spot.

Plus I'm not sure they don't seem focused, Mike Jenkins is focusing in on DeSean Jackson a guy who he doesn't even guard. Meanwhile the Eagles seem extremely focused from all of what I've heard, they're just brushing off whatever the Cowboys say and saying they're not going to relay messages through the media they're going to show what they can do on the field.

And Victor Abiamiri has as many touchdowns as Jason Witten this year, thats the Eagles third string DE. ;) JK But Celek should've made it over him.
I'm not scared of Philly. This bunch lacks as much on-field leadership as they used to have. Not to say they can't win. They very well may. The only match up I care about now is if we face Philly in the playoffs. This game is not as critical to win... not saying I don't want the Boys to win, just sayin'.... it ain't the end of the world.

I don't know that Jenkins won't be covering Jackson. Philly fans better hope Jenkins doesn't cover him.

FreshBoy!
12-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Lol! @ measuring focus by a single interview.
Thumper's the biggest homer on these boards at times.

Cowboys 2-2 vs playoff teams, Eagles 0-3. Just sayin.

Thumper
12-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Lol! @ measuring focus by a single interview.
Thumper's the biggest homer on these boards at times.

Cowboys 2-2 vs playoff teams, Eagles 0-3. Just sayin.

1-3 ;) about to be 2-3 just like the Cowboys! And it should be noted the Eagles were missing 6 starters against New Orleans, including McNabb. I've went over this numerous times in the 'Are the Saints Really the best team in the NFC?" thread.

Cowboys on a 2 game win streak, Eagles on a 6 game win streak where the Eagles have knocked 2 teams out of playoff contention, made 4th quarter comebacks and beat the Giants (whom the Eagles swept) who the Cowboys can't beat.

Thumper
12-31-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm not scared of Philly. This bunch lacks as much on-field leadership as they used to have. Not to say they can't win. They very well may. The only match up I care about now is if we face Philly in the playoffs. This game is not as critical to win... not saying I don't want the Boys to win, just sayin'.... it ain't the end of the world.

I don't know that Jenkins won't be covering Jackson. Philly fans better hope Jenkins doesn't cover him.

Lack leadership? LOL @ that! Haven't you ever heard of Donovan McNabb, Brian Westbrook, Jeremiah Trotter, Sheldon Brown, Asante Samuel and Quintin Mikell? Apparently not because otherwise you wouldn't be saying that and I'm taking that leadership over the Cowboys leadership everyday of the week.

And I know you're going to say that McNabb isn't a leader and is a choker, not lately just in the past year McNabb led the biggest comeback in NFC Championship game history only to have the defense choke it away and in this 6 game win streak McNabb has led comebacks against the Bears, Redskins, Giants and Broncos and if you really knew what you were talking about you would know that McNabb is the guy keeping the focus, telling them that making the playoffs means nothing that they should 'kick the doors down' and get the #2 seed even though the have clenched a spot already. Leadership is not a problem.

And now you're going to say that the loss of JJ is a big loss and it is but McDermott is a fiery guy and the defense responds to that just like they have in Atlanta and Denver when the Eagles leaned on the defense and they pulled it out.

D-Unit
12-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Lack leadership? LOL @ that! Haven't you ever heard of Donovan McNabb, Brian Westbrook, Jeremiah Trotter, Sheldon Brown, Asante Samuel and Quintin Mikell? Apparently not because otherwise you wouldn't be saying that and I'm taking that leadership over the Cowboys leadership everyday of the week.

And I know you're going to say that McNabb isn't a leader and is a choker, not lately just in the past year McNabb led the biggest comeback in NFC Championship game history only to have the defense choke it away and in this 6 game win streak McNabb has led comebacks against the Bears, Redskins, Giants and Broncos and if you really knew what you were talking about you would know that McNabb is the guy keeping the focus, telling them that making the playoffs means nothing that they should 'kick the doors down' and get the #2 seed even though the have clenched a spot already. Leadership is not a problem.

And now you're going to say that the loss of JJ is a big loss and it is but McDermott is a fiery guy and the defense responds to that just like they have in Atlanta and Denver when the Eagles leaned on the defense and they pulled it out.
You obviously missed the part where I said "as much as you used to have" ... and you obviously missed where I said "on-field" leadership. Westbrook and Trotter don't provide that anymore. Neither have ability like they used to have that carried the team at times. It's Leadership PLUS Ability. Sheldon Brown is quiet as a mouse. You don't even notice him on the field unless he's getting burnt by Miles Austin. Asante? Yeah, I like that guy. Especially the way he "doesn't" mix up himself against the run. Mikell makes a play that reminds you he's still in the game, but let's not confuse his leadership qualities with Brian Dawkins. It's a completely different level.

Thumper
12-31-2009, 08:46 PM
You obviously missed the part where I said "as much as you used to have" ... and you obviously missed where I said "on-field" leadership. Westbrook and Trotter don't provide that anymore. Neither have ability like they used to have that carried the team at times. It's Leadership PLUS Ability. Sheldon Brown is quiet as a mouse. You don't even notice him on the field unless he's getting burnt by Miles Austin. Asante? Yeah, I like that guy. Especially the way he "doesn't" mix up himself against the run. Mikell makes a play that reminds you he's still in the game, but let's not confuse his leadership qualities with Brian Dawkins. It's a completely different level.

Quintin Mikell is the on the field leader, sure he isn't crazy intense like Dawk was but he is intelligent and he knows where to put people. And McNabb has been in the same system for what? 11 years now? He knows the system like the back of his hand.

And why are you questioning the Eagles leadership? Romo isn't a good leader, Ware is mild mannered and quiet, Jay Ratliff is just a defensive lineman and Keith Brooking has only been on the defense for a year. Who leads the Cowboys? Who on that team, tells people what they did wrong, what to do different, offers words of encouragement when something goes wrong and keeps the team focused? I see no one like that on the Dallas team, not one person which might have something to do with the fact that they lose focus down the stretch and can't win in pressure situations. The Eagles leadership is better than the Cowboys leadership from top to bottom the Eagles have better leaders including Andy Reid and Wade Phillips. I'd be more worried about leadership on your own team if I were you.

And another thing, if this game is close at half time the Cowboys will lose it, both games they lost in December were close games at half time and the games they won were blowouts at half time, so they lose when the pressure is on and you could say the same thing about the Saints game because they almost choked away a huge lead. The Eagles have been winning close games, the Cowboys haven't.

Thumper
12-31-2009, 08:49 PM
And D-Unit why aren't you scared of the Eagles? You aren't a little bit worried that the hottest team in the NFC with the most explosive offense in the NFL might beat the Cowboys on Sunday? Yeah right.

D-Unit
12-31-2009, 08:57 PM
And D-Unit why aren't you scared of the Eagles? You aren't a little bit worried that the hottest team in the NFC with the most explosive offense in the NFL might beat the Cowboys on Sunday? Yeah right.
The fact that we beat you already... in YOUR HOUSE. There's no fear anymore. You're beatable, inexperienced and your best leader is notorious for choking.

EvilNixon
12-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Philly's really starting to be overrated in the media. Beaten 2 winning teams.

Thumper
12-31-2009, 09:30 PM
The fact that we beat you already... in YOUR HOUSE. There's no fear anymore. You're beatable, inexperienced and your best leader is notorious for choking.

You know, this is typical of a Dallas fan. I completely agree that the team has a reputation for choking, in the playoffs (this isn't the playoffs btw) and you said it yourself the Eagles are inexperienced which typically means they're young. The Eagles are young and they haven't been a part of the choking in Philly's past, what proved to be a monkey on the back of the old eagles doesn't exist anymore because the young Eagles lack knowledge of the older days.

This theory is outlined very nicely right here (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20091228_Phil_Sheridan__With_young_blood__old_Bird s_evolving_into_comeback_kids.html):

You expected something bad to happen: an interception from McNabb, a crazy play call or head-scratching decision from Reid. You expected some kind of replay of all the memorable losses of the last decade.

But the genetic makeup of this team is being scrambled by the infusion of young blood. This team doesn't know its own history, so that history isn't a burden.

This team has been in a bunch of these situations over the years. This team has seldom executed every aspect of the endgame as perfectly. The Eagles have now won three games with fourth-quarter drives during their six-game, run-to-the-playoffs win streak.

Granted, the makeover will not be officially complete until these Eagles do this to win a conference championship or a Super Bowl. But they are going to get another shot next month, and this time they're going into it with a different energy.

"This type of game is what the playoffs are all about," Jackson said. "It's not going to always be easy. There's going to be times we're down, and we have to fight to get back up. There's going to be times we're up, and teams fight back to get up on us. It's good. We were tested today and we were able to pull through."

A nice, easy win would have been easier on your digestion. But this really was better. It was one more chance for this team to overcome adversity, one more step toward completing the makeover.

And a Cowboys fan shouldn't be talking about choking, they have the biggest choker of the decade.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QVuQ5aw0HAQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QVuQ5aw0HAQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
And then there is the interception to the Giants in the playoffs and when he completely laid an egg against the Eagles and collapsed in the showers. Cowboys fans shouldn't be talking about choking.

And the Eagles are better now than they were when they played the Cowboys weeks ago. In the first meeting the Eagles gave the game away. Dallas won 20-16, but 10 of those points came off turnovers. The other TD came on a long pass when several defenders made a mistake at the same time. The OL was still being shuffled quite a bit at that time. That helped the Cowboys get pressure on McNabb. We also made a ton of mistakes, especially the rookies. And Jeremy Maclin has figured the game out more, in the 7 games leading up to the Dallas game he had 22 catches and in the past 5 games he has caught 27 passes with some of those coming on huge late game drives against Washington and Denver. Also role players have emerged, Tracy White has shown himself to be a good coverage linebacker, Darren Howard has been playing much better, Alex Smith has shown himself to be a good blocker and Vick now makes the wildcat package a legitimate threat with all the big plays he has made lately out of that package.

And like I said the Eagles have history on their side, Dallas has never beaten Philly in Dallas in December or January this decade and the Eagles won 8/9 games and the game they won was when McNabb was injured. Plus the Eagles actually know how to win games late in the season and Andy Reid has a fantastic record in December and January. And Tony Romo has always struggled against the Eagles in the rematches, every time.

And like previously mentioned, the Eagles are the hottest team in the NFC, 6 game winning streak where the Eagles have done it all, won in close games, shootouts, blowouts and defensive struggles. This team is good and if you aren't at least a little bit nervous about Sunday's game then you're in for a rude awakening. The Cowboys don't win when they're behind at half time or are in a close game at the half and the Eagles are the best first half team in the NFL.

Thumper
12-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Philly's really starting to be overrated in the media. Beaten 2 winning teams.

Lol and you're a Patriots fan right? How many winning teams have they beaten? Oh thats right, once when they beat the Ravens. You can't really talk if your own team can't beat winning teams either.

And are you really going to say Dallas has beat winning teams? I would back off of that right now, they've beat two winning teams the Saints and the Eagles.

The Eagles have beat the Giants twice and the Broncos, neither of whom the Cowboys beat.

D-Unit
12-31-2009, 09:44 PM
That Seattle game was Romo's first trip to the playoffs and a Round 1 game? Please don't tell me that's the biggest choke of the decade. McNabb is a joker. Reid is a choker. The Eagles are biggest choke team of the decade. YOU OWN IT! Be honest with your own evaluations.

People said Romo choked in December too. Well, he's gotten over that one. He just keeps getting better and better.

D-Unit
12-31-2009, 09:48 PM
And are you really going to say Dallas has beat winning teams? I would back off of that right now, they've beat two winning teams the Saints and the Eagles.

IT FELT SOOOOO GOOOOD.

D-Unit
12-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Happy New Year's guys... You know I luva luva you. xoxoxox. lol.

Thumper
12-31-2009, 09:57 PM
That Seattle game was Romo's first trip to the playoffs and a Round 1 game? Please don't tell me that's the biggest choke of the decade. McNabb is a joker. Reid is a choker. The Eagles are biggest choke team of the decade. YOU OWN IT! Be honest with your own evaluations.

People said Romo choked in December too. Well, he's gotten over that one. He just keeps getting better and better.

Romo is a bigger choker than McNabb, I defy you to find me a meaningful game where McNabb single handily cost the Eagles a game or a meaningful game where he came out completely flat and lost. You can't do it, Romo is the biggest choker in the game.

And what has Romo done to live down his choker status? Almost choke away a lead to New Orleans, beat down a pathetic Redskins team? And if Romo is able to shed his choker label then why isn't McNabb? McNabb has actually led the team on two comeback wins and he took control of the Giants game, more than Romo has done, Romo is still a choker and his true colors will shine on Sunday.

And how are the Eagles the biggest choke team of the decade? The Cowboys haven't even won a playoff game because they've choked away every chance they got, including a 44-6 beat down that felt amazing. Or when Romo single handily lost the game to the Seahawks, or when the 'most talented team in the NFL' choked away a playoff game to the upstart Giants. Cowboys are the biggest choker team of the decade, not the Eagles.

And you know what will feel good for me? A win in Dallas once again, because I repeat Dallas has NEVER beaten Philly in Dallas in December or January this decade and the Eagles have won 8 of 9 soon to be 9 of 10.

EvilNixon
12-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Lol and you're a Patriots fan right? How many winning teams have they beaten? Oh thats right, once when they beat the Ravens. You can't really talk if your own team can't beat winning teams either.

The Eagles have beat the Giants twice and the Broncos, neither of whom the Cowboys beat.

I'm a Raider fan and a Tom Brady apologist.

l never mentioned Dallas lol. I simply noted that the Eagles win streak is including all this pub,but they've only beaten two winning teams. :)

D-Unit
01-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Romo is a bigger choker than McNabb, I defy you to find me a meaningful game where McNabb single handily cost the Eagles a game or a meaningful game where he came out completely flat and lost. You can't do it, Romo is the biggest choker in the game.

And what has Romo done to live down his choker status? Almost choke away a lead to New Orleans, beat down a pathetic Redskins team? And if Romo is able to shed his choker label then why isn't McNabb? McNabb has actually led the team on two comeback wins and he took control of the Giants game, more than Romo has done, Romo is still a choker and his true colors will shine on Sunday.

And how are the Eagles the biggest choke team of the decade? The Cowboys haven't even won a playoff game because they've choked away every chance they got, including a 44-6 beat down that felt amazing. Or when Romo single handily lost the game to the Seahawks, or when the 'most talented team in the NFL' choked away a playoff game to the upstart Giants. Cowboys are the biggest choker team of the decade, not the Eagles.

And you know what will feel good for me? A win in Dallas once again, because I repeat Dallas has NEVER beaten Philly in Dallas in December or January this decade and the Eagles have won 8 of 9 soon to be 9 of 10.
Stop letting me get to your emotions. Romo biggest choker in the game? Laughable. The guy consistently regains the lead for us and has consistently been especially good in the 4th quarter in his career as a starter.

You guys OWN choke team of the decade. The fact that you WENT to the playoffs is the reason for it. By your logic, the Detroit Lions are the biggest choke team. LOL. Until the Eagles win the damn SB... like the Cowboys have done what... lost count... 5 times now??? Yeah... Until you get 1. JUST ONE... then you OWN CHOKE status... and that all falls on McNabb.

Didn't you say Dallas will choke in December? Bah... You rely too much on history and ignore the present.

Thumper
01-01-2010, 05:38 AM
What does winning championships in the 90s and 70s have to do with being a choke team this decade? The Cowboys can't win in pressure situations and they've proved it time after time in the decade and they are led by the biggest choker of all, Tony Romo.

And this whole 'December' thing is way overblown they won one game that was decent and they rolled a team that sucks, la di da, I realize thats a step up for the biggest chokers in the league but it doesn't really matter because until they win the big one in this decade, they're chokers in this decade.

And if we're talking about bad predictions lets look at yours, didn't you predict the Eagles would fail and go 9-7 and that the Cowboys would go 12-4 and the Giants would regroup and make the playoffs? Bah... you ignored the fact that the Eagles historically always get hot and you put to much emphasis on the present. I think of things like this:
"Whoever wishes to foresee the future must consult the past; for human events ever resemble those of preceding times." -Machiavelli
"The past does not repeat itself, but it rhymes." -Mark Twain

D-Unit
01-01-2010, 11:53 AM
What does winning championships in the 90s and 70s have to do with being a choke team this decade? The Cowboys can't win in pressure situations and they've proved it time after time in the decade and they are led by the biggest choker of all, Tony Romo.

And this whole 'December' thing is way overblown they won one game that was decent and they rolled a team that sucks, la di da, I realize thats a step up for the biggest chokers in the league but it doesn't really matter because until they win the big one in this decade, they're chokers in this decade.

And if we're talking about bad predictions lets look at yours, didn't you predict the Eagles would fail and go 9-7 and that the Cowboys would go 12-4 and the Giants would regroup and make the playoffs? Bah... you ignored the fact that the Eagles historically always get hot and you put to much emphasis on the present. I think of things like this:
"Whoever wishes to foresee the future must consult the past; for human events ever resemble those of preceding times." -Machiavelli
"The past does not repeat itself, but it rhymes." -Mark Twain
You know what? You've opened my eyes. The Eagles are not the choke team of the decade. Nah... they're not just limited to that. They are the biggest choke team in the entire history of the NFL!!!

Tony Romo has been a starting QB for 3 years. This is his 4th and history has yet to be written. You have no case. Donovan has failed you 10 seasons in a row. Guess what? That's a decade bro. This is his 11th season and if you believe in your own quotes about history then, he'll choke again this year, like he always does...

Or do you not believe in your own words???

superman8456
01-01-2010, 12:20 PM

I wouldn't write checks that your boy Jenkins can't cash.

And you're not scared of Philly because of a "lack of leadership"? Pretty poor reason, because the Ravens have one of the best leaders in the league and are stumbling to the finish line.

Sniper
01-01-2010, 01:32 PM
inexperienced

What the ****?

FreshBoy!
01-01-2010, 02:47 PM
You guys don't see how silly you're being. Arguing about the past to make a point for the future....doesn't work until it's the past. If you understand that....

How bout this guys...both teams have a history of choking or underachieving this past decade....both teams have a great chance at redeeming themselves this January, starting this Sunday.

I really can't get with the **** talking based on past stats....it's really ridiculous and proves nothing. Two different teams....both with SB winning potential. Cowboys won game one. Desean was a non-factor...I hope that continues, eagles fans hope it doesn't. blah blah....I can't wait til sunday.

Thumper
01-01-2010, 06:02 PM
You know what? You've opened my eyes. The Eagles are not the choke team of the decade. Nah... they're not just limited to that. They are the biggest choke team in the entire history of the NFL!!!

Tony Romo has been a starting QB for 3 years. This is his 4th and history has yet to be written. You have no case. Donovan has failed you 10 seasons in a row. Guess what? That's a decade bro. This is his 11th season and if you believe in your own quotes about history then, he'll choke again this year, like he always does...

Or do you not believe in your own words???

And yet again, I defy you to find me one meaningful game where McNabb single handily lost the Eagles a game or a game when he came out flat and lost, it can't be done. You keep citing the lack of a Lombardi Trophy as the reason, which is really stupid because not one Cowboy has a ring on their finger either and only 3 Cowboys have actually been part of a playoff win, all three of them were signed to the Cowboys as free agents.

And Donovan McNabb has failed 10 seasons in a row? Hardly, he has done his part. I know you're hesitant to reopen the history books but lets take a look. Bam, 2002, the Eagles first NFC Championship game playing on the road against the greatest show on turf, McNabb is about to choke this right? Wrong. McNabb did his part against the Rams as he did against the Buccaneers and Panthers, all with crap weapons. So someone choked didn't they? Indeed and every time the defense choked, every time the defense with Brian Dawkins and Jim Johnson choked, every single time. So who is the choker? McNabb or the defense? The defense.

Maybe this is more 'present' for you... 2009, University of Phoenix Stadium playing the Cardinals, McNabb orchestrated the biggest comeback in NFC Championship history, down 24-6 McNabb led the offense to a 25-24 lead on a bomb to DeSean Jackson, so who choked? Once again the defense choked allowing the Cardinals to drive down the field for a game winning touchdown where the vaunted Jim Johnson defense collapsed in the crunch yet again. So, who is the choker? McNabb? No. It was the defense.

Now we should pay attention here, so the Eagles lost because they lacked weapons and the defense cracked in crunch time. The only way to change history is to change today because nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. Enter change, enter Sean McDermott, enter DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek, LeSean McCoy, Michael Vick, Leonard Weaver, Jason Peters, Will Witherspoon, Asante Samuel, Sean Jones, Macho Harris, Moise Fokou, Antonio Dixon. This Eagles team isn't doomed to repeat history because they learned from their mistakes and changed.

But what's changed on the Cowboys? Losing TO only to replace him with a whiny baby Roy Williams and egotistical Miles Austin? Is Wade Phillips any less of a pansy ass? Is Jason Garrett any less dumb? Is Marion Barber anything more than a power runner? Is Felix Jones any less fragile? Is DeMarcus Ware better? How about Jay Ratliff? Nothing has changed on the Cowboys they're still the same choking team filled with weak leaders, weak coaches, egotistical management and fragile players. Nothing has changed and you're expecting different results? That is the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

And no matter what you say, the Cowboys are the biggest choke team of the decade, touted as one of the best teams in the NFL they've won 0 playoff games, won one division title and Romo has lost plenty of games on his own, and you said it yourself, he has been starting for 3 years but what you fail to mention is that he has choked all 3 years, what is that? A 100% average? Romo is a weak leader and will never win a superbowl because he collapses under pressure.

http://i39.tinypic.com/mijat3.jpg

Tony Romo will never achieve as much as Donovan McNabb.
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper763/stills/kv8884xh.jpg

But at least Tony Romo is great in September, October and November right?..

Thumper
01-01-2010, 06:05 PM
What the ****?

Yeah, what the ****? D-unit calling the Eagles inexperienced? The Eagles have 36 players on the team who have won a playoff game meanwhile the Cowboys have 3, Ken Hamlin, Keith Brooking and Igor Olshansky. So who is inexperienced? Not the Eagles, the Cowboys are.

Thumper
01-01-2010, 06:07 PM
You guys don't see how silly you're being. Arguing about the past to make a point for the future....doesn't work until it's the past. If you understand that....

How bout this guys...both teams have a history of choking or underachieving this past decade....both teams have a great chance at redeeming themselves this January, starting this Sunday.

I really can't get with the **** talking based on past stats....it's really ridiculous and proves nothing. Two different teams....both with SB winning potential. Cowboys won game one. Desean was a non-factor...I hope that continues, eagles fans hope it doesn't. blah blah....I can't wait til sunday.

I came in here with that attitude but then someone started talking **** and my ego won't let it go. I agree with this. +rep

FreshBoy!
01-01-2010, 07:04 PM
For the record Thumper...This is the absolute worst picture to post to try to validate your point. LOL! I know we're all fans and whatnot....but really, that just strengthens D-Unit's point. Hahaha @ a NFC championship trophy as your claim to fame in a decade as the starter.:confused: If that's the legacy that Tony Romo has to achieve to reach what McNabb has...that's pretty sad.

superman8456
01-01-2010, 07:16 PM
For the record Thumper...This is the absolute worst picture to post to try to validate your point. LOL! I know we're all fans and whatnot....but really, that just strengthens D-Unit's point. Hahaha @ a NFC championship trophy as your claim to fame in a decade as the starter.:confused: If that's the legacy that Tony Romo has to achieve to reach what McNabb has...that's pretty sad.

You call it pretty sad, but then your QB is not even going to be able to accomplish that feat.

FreshBoy!
01-01-2010, 07:27 PM
If I had a dollar for every wrong statement from an opposing fan. I'd be rich.

Only time will tell.....but look...I can do that as well. Romo will win a SB before he's done with football.

Hopefully we'll both be posting to have our opinions confirmed...either/or.

Go_Eagles77
01-01-2010, 07:31 PM
I hate to say it, but this isn't the 40's anymore. NFC championships don't mean squat.

FreshBoy!
01-01-2010, 07:34 PM
I hate to say it, but this isn't the 40's anymore. NFC championships don't mean squat.

Well stated...and was my point. Not to compare the two QB's.

D-Unit
01-01-2010, 08:13 PM
You call it pretty sad, but then your QB is not even going to be able to accomplish that feat.
How can you and Thumper claim such a thing? You must be laughing at your selves quietly behind your computer. I can't imagine that you are being serious. You're joking... must be. Good one, guys. Good one... just trying to get me riled up, but it's not working... :p Too funny.

Thumper
01-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Really because that seems pretty significant for a guy who's team hasn't won a playoff game in 13 years.

And are you trying to incite a McNabb v. Romo debate now? McNabb will win this every day of the week, it isn't even close. Come talk to me when Romo even sniffs the kind of success McNabb has had. McNabb is one mediocre season from being in the top 15 in passing yards in NFL history, he is in the top 20 in touchdown passes in NFL history, is in the top 20 for completions in league history and is already a top 7 rushing QB in the history of the NFL. And did you know that McNabb is one of just 4 NFL players EVER to throw for 30,000 yards, 200 touchdowns and rush for 3000 yards and 20 touchdowns he is in that club with John Elway, Frank Tarkenton and Steve Young. That is one of his many claims to fame. That should settle this right? Romo's legacy will not touch McNabb's because McNabb was the franchise QB for a team that was always competitive and he dragged it up from the cellar of the NFL. Donovan has more class than Tony Romo could handle, he is a leader for the entire city but unfortunately the city doesn't respect that, McNabb's legacy isn't just on the field (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/eagles_files/html/mcnabb_9.html) and Romo can't ever dream of touching McNabb's legacy on or off the field.

D-Unit
01-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Really because that seems pretty significant for a guy who's team hasn't won a playoff game in 13 years.

And are you trying to incite a McNabb v. Romo debate now? McNabb will win this every day of the week, it isn't even close. Come talk to me when Romo even sniffs the kind of success McNabb has had. McNabb is one mediocre season from being in the top 15 in passing yards in NFL history, he is in the top 20 in touchdown passes in NFL history, is in the top 20 for completions in league history and is already a top 7 rushing QB in the history of the NFL. And did you know that McNabb is one of just 4 NFL players EVER to throw for 30,000 yards, 200 touchdowns and rush for 3000 yards and 20 touchdowns he is in that club with John Elway, Frank Tarkenton and Steve Young. That is one of his many claims to fame. That should settle this right? Romo's legacy will not touch McNabb's because McNabb was the franchise QB for a team that was always competitive and he dragged it up from the cellar of the NFL. Donovan has more class than Tony Romo could handle, he is a leader for the entire city but unfortunately the city doesn't respect that, McNabb's legacy isn't just on the field (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/eagles_files/html/mcnabb_9.html) and Romo can't ever dream of touching McNabb's legacy on or off the field.
Those are all stats from stats you get when you are old. Plus, he's benefitted from a high passing offense.

You're putting Romo at fault for the last 13 years? Hello? Somebody needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Romo only has 3 seasons under his belt of being a starter.

I can't believe that you actually believe the words coming out of your mouth. McNabb has NEVER lost a game because of his own faults???!!! What the ****? Wasn't it just last year that he was so bad that he got benched in favor of Kevin Kolb? Selective memory must be nice.

Remind your memory that McNabb has played an entire career behind one of the best O-lines in the game and has had some of the best dynamic weapons in the game and STILL hasn't won a SB. Don't tell me the defense has been bad. Every second you have you're trying to convince me that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This is a QB league. It's ALL on McNabb. He's the biggest choker currently in the game.

FreshBoy!
01-01-2010, 09:03 PM

I stopped reading here. McNabb has been the franchise for a decade. Romo's been at the helm 3 years. After a decade we'll have this conversation. Because your homer glasses aren't letting you see clearly.

Fair?

Thumper
01-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Those are all stats from stats you get when you are old. Plus, he's benefitted from a high passing offense.

You're putting Romo at fault for the last 13 years? Hello? Somebody needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Romo only has 3 seasons under his belt of being a starter.

I can't believe that you actually believe the words coming out of your mouth. McNabb has NEVER lost a game because of his own faults???!!! What the ****? Wasn't it just last year that he was so bad that he got benched in favor of Kevin Kolb? Selective memory must be nice.

Remind your memory that McNabb has played an entire career behind one of the best O-lines in the game and has had some of the best dynamic weapons in the game and STILL hasn't won a SB. Don't tell me the defense has been bad. Every second you have you're trying to convince me that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This is a QB league. It's ALL on McNabb. He's the biggest choker currently in the game.

Nope he questioned McNabb's legacy and said it would be easy for Romo to match it, he is wrong.

Oh you read that wrong, I said that McNabb hasn't choked a meaningful game because he screwed up nor has he shown up to a meaningful game lost and flat. He has had bad games, but never in a game that was meaningful. All those NFC Championships where he 'choked' were in fact on the defense.

And yes he has has the luxury of playing behind a fantastic offensive line for the majority of his career but McNabb had the most dynamic weapons in the NFL? WHAT!? He had TO for one year and he has had DeSean Jackson for two, thats three years. Other than that McNabb has had the dynamic weapons of Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, James Thrash, Na Brown, Greg Lewis, LJ Smith, Matt Schobel, Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis, man how did he not win the big one with all of that? I mean that is totally comparable to playing with TO, Roy Williams, Jason Witten and Terry Glenn and choking. And the defense was very good but they choked in key moments.

Thumper
01-01-2010, 09:10 PM
I stopped reading here. McNabb has been the franchise for a decade. Romo's been at the helm 3 years. After a decade we'll have this conversation. Because your homer glasses aren't letting you see clearly.

Fair?

Oh comprehension, where art thou? You said winning the NFC means nothing, I simply said that it should mean something to a guy who's team hasn't won a playoff game in 13 years, nothing to do with Romo and McNabb.

So... you can continue reading.

Thumper
01-01-2010, 09:24 PM
How can you and Thumper claim such a thing? You must be laughing at your selves quietly behind your computer. I can't imagine that you are being serious. You're joking... must be. Good one, guys. Good one... just trying to get me riled up, but it's not working... :p Too funny.

http://icons.iconator.com/810/ICONATOR_fc63612715b7f939564d33e7db05617e.gif

scottyboy
01-01-2010, 09:32 PM
since we're posting old pictures of our QB's:

http://ihavenet.com/images/Eli-Manning-Super-Bowl-XLII-MVP.jpg

Thumper
01-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah but that is kind of irrelevant in a Eagles v. Cowboys discussion ;) Plus it is kind of hard to argue for Eli being a bad leader after that game.

Sniper
01-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Thumper takes D's bait so easily.

superman8456
01-01-2010, 10:27 PM

No, no. There is no joke. You go around saying things you wont have much accountability for later on and have no problem with it. I'm going to do the same.

I'll wait for Romo to prove me wrong, but I might be waiting awhile.

FreshBoy!
01-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Waiting shouldn't be too hard a thing for an Eagles fan. 10 years for a SB under the McNabb era....(still waiting...)

Same thing is applied to the entire franchise history....still waiting for that ever elusive SB win.

Waiting is a thing eagles fans do well.

herniateddisc
01-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I think there is still some Chunky Soup stuck to McNabb's face guard.

Mommy has yet to wipe it off.

herniateddisc
01-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Waiting shouldn't be too hard a thing for an Eagles fan. 10 years for a SB under the McNabb era....(still waiting...)

Same thing is applied to the entire franchise history....still waiting for that ever elusive SB win.

Waiting is a thing eagles fans do well.

Make the Jets and Bengals look accomplished by comparison.

diesel
01-03-2010, 12:52 PM
http://www.a-mplastics.com/images/TBBB/Eagles%20Trophy%20case.jpg

I don't see any playoff victory trophies in there, oh wait...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3608/3301451155_fb89601a99.jpg

Thumper
01-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Thats ummm... odd... Tony Romo's trophy case looks even emptier.... ;)

PS- Those trophies are extremely irrelevant, please find anyone on the Cowboys who has a ring and get back to me on that.

FreshBoy!
01-03-2010, 01:40 PM
PS- Those trophies are extremely irrelevant, please find anyone on the Eagles who has a ring and get back to me on that.
:eek:

Thumper
01-03-2010, 02:33 PM
:eek:

Asante Samuel ;)

Those aged lombardi trophies don't matter in today's game or in any future game sure they're nice to look at but other than that they're good for nothing other than flashbacks and those players who won them are all gone, not one remains which makes them increasingly irrelevant.

Brothgar
07-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Hey guys tomorrow on my show on BTR we will be talking NFC East preview/review also the guys from Bang! Cartoon will be in for an interview.

703SKINS202
08-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I wish this guy could put it together finally, look at his ******* build.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/landryhuge.jpg

D-Unit
08-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I wish this guy could put it together finally, look at his ******* build.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/landryhuge.jpg
You could go to any Gold's Gym and find a muscle man. That doesn't mean you'll find a football player.

703SKINS202
08-26-2010, 05:41 PM
You could go to any Gold's Gym and find a muscle man. That doesn't mean you'll find a football player.
This I know, I just like to gawk at his body.

Werowance
09-20-2010, 03:37 AM
The NFC East sucks all of a sudden. How did we go from being the premier division in football to being this bad so fast? Jeez.

Go_Eagles77
09-20-2010, 08:44 AM
I don't know but I'm enjoying it. :)

bigbluedefense
09-20-2010, 10:35 AM
What sucks for all of us is, because all 4 teams have oline issues (who wouldve thought that the Skins have the best oline in the division?), it's going to be even harder to get players in the draft and in FA to plug in those holes, because you're competing with all 4 teams in your division for the same players.

So this is a year I think where each team is going to have to out duel the other in draft day trades to get the players they want.

Rosebud
09-20-2010, 10:57 PM
What sucks for all of us is, because all 4 teams have oline issues (who wouldve thought that the Skins have the best oline in the division?), it's going to be even harder to get players in the draft and in FA to plug in those holes, because you're competing with all 4 teams in your division for the same players.

So this is a year I think where each team is going to have to out duel the other in draft day trades to get the players they want.

...which could very well end up being exacerbated by this being a comparatively weak OL class. Jared Gaither changing teams regardless of where he goes is something that NFC East fans should be rooting for since it will lessen one of the teams looking to spend a high pick on an OL's need to spend that pick on an OL.

critesy
10-03-2010, 09:51 PM
skins #1, gotta brag while i can :)

D-Unit
10-03-2010, 11:41 PM
skins #1, gotta brag while i can :)
Much deserved. But I have a feeling McNabb will let down eventually like he always does.

critesy
10-04-2010, 12:13 AM
and i sadfully agree. hoping change in scenery is all he needed though. but right now, i am a happy man.

Go_Eagles77
10-04-2010, 07:45 AM
I know this is gonna sound bitter, but it's not like McNabb played all that well yesterday. Under 50% completion and threw plenty of worm-burners. I'm glad the eagles got Nate Allen out of the deal because while Kolb sucks (he became captain check-down when the eagles anointed him the starter), I would honestly rather have Vick at QB than McNabb right now. I'm really hoping the injury isn't as serious as I first thought.

scottyboy
10-04-2010, 10:52 AM
but we've known from his entire career Vick is injury prone, especially the way he runs. Granted, I LOVE Vick on the field. so fun to watch, great weapon etc, but one of his biggest weaknesses is being injury prone. plus this is his first real action in QUITE some time, so we'll see how he is and how long he can hold up.

Go_Eagles77
10-04-2010, 10:54 AM
True, but McNabb was always injury prone as well, he almost never plays for all 16 games in a season, and very often misses a good portion of the season as well.

scottyboy
10-04-2010, 10:57 AM
True, but McNabb was always injury prone as well, he almost never plays for all 16 games in a season, and very often misses a good portion of the season as well.

this is true, I can safely say I have no idea where Iwas going with that post haha. ugh, i'm out of it, it's been a long morning. But as bad as the NFC east teams have looked, it's still going to be a battle and an all out grind.

bigbluedefense
10-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Nate Allen is looking studly.

I haven't seen Brandon Graham do a thing out there yet. To be fair, I haven't focused on him as much as I should, but from a glance, he seems pretty quiet.

Ernie Simms is a frustrating player. You see flashes of great play, but way too inconsistent. The guy should be a PBer with that athleticism, but he just can't put it together.

Sniper
10-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I haven't seen Brandon Graham do a thing out there yet. To be fair, I haven't focused on him as much as I should, but from a glance, he seems pretty quiet.

OOOOOO I KNOW! I KNOW! PICK ME! PICK ME PLEASE!

Putting him at DT is ********.

bigbluedefense
10-04-2010, 11:07 AM
OOOOOO I KNOW! I KNOW! PICK ME! PICK ME PLEASE!

Putting him at DT is ********.

Yeah that's ********.

Has he seen any snaps at LE in the base defense or is just coming in on 3rd downs to rush from the DT spot?

DiG
10-04-2010, 11:26 AM
graham did shed a block very nicely early in the game and make an open tackle on a cooley screen that otherwise would have easily been a big gain.

Sniper
10-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah that's ********.

Has he seen any snaps at LE in the base defense or is just coming in on 3rd downs to rush from the DT spot?

He starts at LE. He hasn't done as well as I expected, but it's tough to come in as a DE who's not just expected to be a pass-rusher. Still, leave him outside.

D-Unit
10-04-2010, 11:52 AM
I really wanted to see Graham play OLB in a 3-4 system. I thought that was his best role in the NFL. In the 4-3, he's a bit undersized. He's got the heart of a warrior, so maybe he'll eventually adapt... it's still way to early to tell either way. But I wouldn't be surprised if his career took off in a similar way to Elvis Dumervil (once he started playing in a 3-4 system).

Go_Eagles77
10-04-2010, 12:59 PM
He may be a tad shorter than your average DE, but the guy really isn't undersized. He's upwards of 270 right now, definitely bulkier than I thought. I'm afraid some of his weight might be bad weight as well.

bigbluedefense
10-04-2010, 01:19 PM
He added the weight to hold up as a LE in a 4-3, which I think hurt his explosion a little bit.

He does look too thick to me right now. He's better at 260 max.

I think moving forward, it wouldn't be a crazy idea for the Eagles to switch to a 3-4 defense. Bunk can play NT, they have Cole and Graham, both of whom may actually be better fits in a 34 front, and Bradley can fill in one ILB spot.

They might need some 34 DEs and another ILB though. Simms doesn't fit the scheme, and I'm not sure if Patterson does either.

It can be done if they wanted to though.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Next 3 games:

Dallas
vs Tennessee
@ Minessota
vs New York

New York
@ Houston
vs Detroit
@ Dallas

Philadelphia
@ San Francisco
vs Atlanta
@ Tennessee

Washington
vs Green Bay
vs Indianapolis
@ Chicago

Wow tough to see any team taking a strong hold over the divison. I think both Dallas and New York will split their first two games so whoever wins their matchup will be huge. I'm going back and fourth between that game but since it's in Dallas I'll go with the boys in that game. The Eagles have a easy next 3 against 3 bad teams, then again Kolb is likely starting at least this week and McCoy will be out. For Washington that's 3 easy losses. Going against 3 elite vertical passing teams for the team worst in the NFL against the deep ball. Luckily Detroit, Philly, and Tennessee are the 3 after those and possible wins.

D-Unit
10-04-2010, 07:28 PM
The teams that can go at least 2-1 out of the next 3 games will be in good shape.

Rosebud
10-04-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm feeling good about this houston game. Their pass rush isn't that scary and maybe we'll establish the run well early after the way we ended the bears game. On D I like our matchup, we'll get to Schaub and hit him. If they get the ball out quick and can neutralize our pass rush they can definitely beat us, but I think we've got a really good shot at winning our next 2 games to get us to 4-2 on a 3 game role heading into the dallas match up.

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Minny and New York arent playing that great right now either. At least, n not consistently. Anything could happen in Dallas' next three. Wouldnt be shocked to see them win all of them, or even lose all of them. ha.

Well...I dont forsee them losing all of them. More likely they win all, then lose all...but still, anything could happen. Some terribly inconsistent teams this year.

703SKINS202
10-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Can't predict anything in the NFL. Thought if we were 2-2 it would have been wins over the Texans and Rams. The division is wide open, every team has some big problems.

D-Unit
10-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Can't predict anything in the NFL. Thought if we were 2-2 it would have been wins over the Texans and Rams. The division is wide open, every team has some big problems.
Sad part about it is that Dallas problems are not with the players...but rather the coaches.

bigbluedefense
10-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm feeling good about this houston game. Their pass rush isn't that scary and maybe we'll establish the run well early after the way we ended the bears game. On D I like our matchup, we'll get to Schaub and hit him. If they get the ball out quick and can neutralize our pass rush they can definitely beat us, but I think we've got a really good shot at winning our next 2 games to get us to 4-2 on a 3 game role heading into the dallas match up.

Did you not just see Julius Peppers push Diehl and McKenzie's collective anus's in?

What do you think Mario is going to do to them? And btw, Cushing is coming back, and he's pretty damn good too.

This will actually be the best offense we'll go against all season too, so it will be interesting to see how we respond to them defensively.

I think we look terrible on offense right now, until we show something on offense, I don't feel good about any game. We barely moved the ball on the Bears, who got torched up and down the field the week earlier by GB.

Not confident in our offense at all right now.

D-Unit
10-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Did you not just see Julius Peppers push Diehl and McKenzie's collective anus's in?

What do you think Mario is going to do to them? And btw, Cushing is coming back, and he's pretty damn good too.

This will actually be the best offense we'll go against all season too, so it will be interesting to see how we respond to them defensively.

I think we look terrible on offense right now, until we show something on offense, I don't feel good about any game. We barely moved the ball on the Bears, who got torched up and down the field the week earlier by GB.

I don't know if you'll face Andre Johnson. He didn't play last Sunday.

As for the best offense you face all year? That might be the Dallas Cowboys. Felix hasn't gotten into his groove yet and Dez is on the brink of showing what he can really do.

Doug Free hasn't allowed a sack yet and he has already faced the likes of Julius Peppers and Mario Williams.

703SKINS202
10-05-2010, 06:46 PM
How has Felix been? Didn't he add like 15lbs to be more durable and that's why he hasn't been as good as last year?

M.O.T.H.
10-05-2010, 06:52 PM
How has Felix been? Didn't he add like 15lbs to be more durable and that's why he hasn't been as good as last year?

Popular myth, but hasnt been proven. He still isnt getting the ball and the run blocking has been pretty piss poor this year. They havent exactly put him in the best positions this year...but I think it will get resolved soon.

Honestly...I initially thought he looked a step slower...but he got in the open field a couple of times last week and looks just as flashy. Should be as great as ever, if he gets the ball and the run blocking holds up. Tosses and Stretches have not worked at all this year. Having a problem sealing of that edge. Garrett needs to trust Felix to run it in between the tackles a little more...he was just fine there last season. A lot of his big runs came between the tackles, actually. We could also use some more runs out of double TE formations, to get him in space.

Garrett just needs to get his head out of his ass and get the ball to Felix. Funny thing is, Jerry Jones publically calls him out on this several times and Felix is still relegated to 7 or so carries per. Garrett seems to have an extremely long leash or something. He gets away with whatever he damn well pleases.

Rosebud
10-05-2010, 10:20 PM

Julius Peppers is better than Mario Williams right now and we managed to slow Peppers down in the second half. As for Cushing I don't think he's going to be great in this game, he's going to be rusty and he's not going to be at his best. Plus we really started running the ball well towards the end of that game and if we continue that in this game we should be able to slow Mario down. Plus that secondary's very beatable, our receivers should get open quickly for eli.

Their offense is good, but if AJ's out they don't scare me much at all. Schaub's a good QB but we can beat up on that OL and stuff Foster. They'll put some points on us, but without AJ we can definitely contain that offense.

Again I don't mean to sound over confident because I'm not, but I do feel like this is a game we can definitely win if we play well where we can, that means another beastly performance from the D, a strong running game and a quick and efficient passing attack keeping the texans from bringing everybody.

Bixby (Thumper)
05-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Is there a better division in football than the NFC East? It slipped a bit last year but the Giants still brought back the title and all four teams have gotten better this offseason. At the very least I'd argue that no division beats each other up quite like the NFC East does (especially the Eagles and Giants who just wallop one another).

And check this group of pass rushers:
Jason Pierre-Paul, Osi, Justin Tuck, Marvin Austin, Trent Cole, Jason Babin, Cullen Jenkins, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry, DeMarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff, Anthony Spencer, Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Barry Cofield and Stephen Bowen.

Back-ups will play.

TheFinisher
05-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Yea I'm really impressed with the depth of our division this year, I really think Washington becomes a contender sooner rather than later. I can see RG3 being a stud as a rookie, and that combined with their D will keep them in a lot of games.

I just think Philly is due to explode this year with all that talent, and I guess Dallas to a lesser degree. I fully expect our division to dominate the matchups against the AFC North and NFC South. I predicted everyone finishing with at least 8 wins this year.

Bixby (Thumper)
05-31-2012, 05:47 AM
All NFC East team?

HC: Tom Coughlin
OC: Marty Mornhinweg
DC: Juan Castillo

QB: Manning / Romo / Vick
RB: McCoy / Bradshaw / Murray
FB: Hynoski
WR: Nicks / Bryant / Cruz / Jackson / Maclin
TE: Witten / Celek / Davis
LT: Peters / Williams
LG: Mathis / Boothe
C: Kelce / Rabach
RG: Snee / Watkins
RT: Smith / Free

LE: Babin / Tuck / Kerrigan
DT: Jenkins / Ratliff
DT: Canty / Cofield
RE: Pierre-Paul / Ware / Cole
SLB: Orakpo / Kiwanuka
MLB: Fletcher / Ryans
WLB: Lee / Boley
CB: Asomugha / Carr / Webster / Rodgers-Cromartie / Hanson
SS: Phillips / Sensabaugh
FS: Allen / Rolle

K: Henery
P: McBriar
LS: Dorenbos

I tried to be as fair as possible. This team would be really tough to beat. There's a pretty big hole at safety but other than that, this team would be primed for just about anything. The strengths are the passing game, the front seven and the corners. Eli chucking the ball around to Nicks, Bryant, Cruz, Jackson and Maclin would be crazy. The defensive end rotation is off the walls good. And with Juan Castillo using press man coverage with Nnamdi, Carr, Webster, DRC with Hanson in the slot, that would be lock down coverage.

Fun Fact: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie really struggled in the slot last year but when he played on the outside in relief of Asante Samuel, he was incredibly good. He took 209 snaps on the outside last year and in those snaps he was targeted only 19 times and he only allowed 8 receptions for 70 yards. I know that some of you might take this with a grain of salt but he looked every bit of a pro-bowler on the outside, his size, athleticism, recovery speed and ball skills were great. It'll be fun to watch him for an entire season when he doesn't have to worry about complex run fits and the route varieties of the slot position.

Whadda ya got?

scottyboy
05-31-2012, 07:47 AM
peters' career is done. he shouldn't be on there

Bixby (Thumper)
05-31-2012, 06:44 PM
peters' career is done. he shouldn't be on there

So long as he is still on an NFC East roster, he's the best tackle in the NFC East.

scottyboy
06-01-2012, 02:06 AM
... Dude can't walk and his career may be over. At this point, everyone here is a better option than he is