PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Dorsey

WMD
10-19-2009, 02:44 AM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/10/lions_martin_mayhew_on_the_clo.html

Supposedly Glenn Dorsey is on the block. Gunther Cunningham was the Defensive Coordinator in KC when they drafted Dorsey. He is the DC here now. Trade Deadline is on Tuesday.

I wouldn't give up our Round 1 for him.. but our Round 2 and a combination of other things I'd definitely do. How about our Round 2, Cliff Avril, and 2011 Round 3?

Whaddya say? What would you give up for the #5 Pick from last year?

noondog
10-19-2009, 05:20 AM
I'd give up a 2nd and 5th...nothing more at this point. Definately not Avril. Maybe Sims to try to offset salary a bit, and giving a third instead of a second in that case.

Splat
10-19-2009, 08:42 AM
I find it hard to believe Dorsey has really starting to come on the last few weeks he just got done playing the best game of his young career yesterday.

Prowler
10-19-2009, 09:08 AM
unless they want our 3rd round pick then just let temptation pass. i don't want his salary and we can get players better or equal to him all throughout next year's draft. if gunther cunningham said that dorsey will be an all-pro in his system and schwartz agreed, then maybe give up our 2nd round pick.

tblain1
10-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Well... Chicago gave up a 2nd for Gaines Adams who was a former 4th overall with only one more year of service than Dorsey. I think that's the market value. I'd trade him for a 2nd.

Hermstheman83
10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
No way we trade Dorsey, the guy is supposedly playing out of position and is argubly our best player. Also, I don't think Gaines Adam's was very productive at all was he?

tblain1
10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
No way we trade Dorsey, the guy is supposedly playing out of position and is argubly our best player. Also, I don't think Gaines Adam's was very productive at all was he?

Not bad but not great. 38 tackles, 6 sacks and two forced fumbles his rookie year. 2nd year 38 tackles, 6.5 sacks, and no forced fumbles. This year Morris called him out to produce more and was riding him a bit. Plus there were changes in the defense after Kiffin left for Tennessee.

detroit4life
10-19-2009, 02:36 PM
i think you have to seriously consider it. Does anyone actually believe that we could get a better player than him at DT next year in the second round? If gunther wants him you have to pull the trigger. We need talent on this Dline. This move would help avril out a lot in his progression and it will help us win games and work towards being a respectable team.

As of right now McCoy is a big chance for us in the first round next year. Why not fill a hole with our second pick and allow us to look at Dunlap or a OT instead.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-19-2009, 02:49 PM
I'd trade a 2nd for Dorsey no problem. I agree there is no better 2nd round DT than Dorsey right now. I think KC would want more than that though. We need an interior pass rush and Dorsey and Sammie Lee Hill could grow together for years. Then we could focus on LT most likely in Round 1 and corner in free agency and Round 3.

SINCE1978
10-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I'd trade a 2nd for Dorsey no problem. I agree there is no better 2nd round DT than Dorsey right now. I think KC would want more than that though. We need an interior pass rush and Dorsey and Sammie Lee Hill could grow together for years. Then we could focus on LT most likely in Round 1 and corner in free agency and Round 3.

Gaines Adams traded for a 2nd is the measuring stick if a Dorsey trade occured imo ... I would prefer our 3rd rd pick & a player (Dewayne White or Ernie Sims) but doubt we have much KC would want since neither of those 2 even start right now?
That being said, straight up for our #2 pick and we get Glenn Dorsey ... if that was on the table and I were Martin Mayhew, it's a done deal.

My draft would look something like this ...
#1 pick shifts to a LT (Okung preferably, maybe Berry/Mays since there is not a DE worthy of a top 5 pick & we have our DT's)
#3 pick is a DB or DE (Arenas, Ghee, Stuckey, Allen, Wilson etc)

Scotty D
10-19-2009, 09:38 PM
I definitely call and ask them what they want.

Its basically allowing your second rounder for next year enroll early, similar to college.

I'd offer them our second rounder, tell them look at our record and team (its going to be a high second, more valuable). I would then say the second pick you get is conditional on his play.

Prowler
10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
the guy signed like a 50mil contract with 22mil guarenteed. i highly doubt the lions would look to sign him when we are getting our asses handed to us and stafford and cj hurt. dorsey reminds me of geno atkins who we can get for a half million next year.

suh, mccoy, jones, cody, atkins, odrick, alualu, owens, oghobaase, granger, etc. some of these guys are going to be 5th and 6th rounders.(not the first few) remember what happened to gabe watson, orien harris, etc a few years ago? we'll be fine for way cheaper. we're not winning this year.

Scotty D
10-20-2009, 10:46 AM
the guy signed like a 50mil contract with 22mil guarenteed. i highly doubt the lions would look to sign him when we are getting our asses handed to us and stafford and cj hurt. dorsey reminds me of geno atkins who we can get for a half million next year.

suh, mccoy, jones, cody, atkins, odrick, alualu, owens, oghobaase, granger, etc. some of these guys are going to be 5th and 6th rounders.(not the first few) remember what happened to gabe watson, orien harris, etc a few years ago? we'll be fine for way cheaper. we're not winning this year.

If KC trades him they eat all of the 22 mill guaranteed. We'd have his contract but could cut him at any time with no penalty.

vidae
10-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Like Splat said, I don't see us letting him go. He has really come on the last few weeks and is buying into the new scheme even though it's a position change. The last two weeks he has looked almost unblockable.

It might also be bad for you as Gunther used him incorrectly here in KC and I'd be worried about him doing the same in Detroit.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Like Splat said, I don't see us letting him go. He has really come on the last few weeks and is buying into the new scheme even though it's a position change. The last two weeks he has looked almost unblockable.

It might also be bad for you as Gunther used him incorrectly here in KC and I'd be worried about him doing the same in Detroit.

Yeah I think KC should hold on to him.

How did Gunny C use him incorrectly? Not disgreeing just curious. Did he use him as a punter or water boy? Did he have him line up facing the wrong way and run ass first into the Oline?

Brothgar
10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
I'd do a 2nd for Dorsey or Ernie Sims for Dorsey I'd do it that would mean we wouldn't have to waste a first round top 10 pick on a DT and spend that on a LT and we are looking pretty good.

Prowler
10-20-2009, 02:23 PM
If KC trades him they eat all of the 22 mill guaranteed. We'd have his contract but could cut him at any time with no penalty.

thanks, i know now to choose baseball if given a choice to gm a professional sport.