PDA

View Full Version : "The Raiders will be in the playoffs in 2009"

Splat
10-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Seymour sees playoffs for Raiders in 2009 (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/21/seymour-sees-playoffs-for-raiders-in-2009/)

"You can mark it down," Seymour said. "The Raiders will be in the playoffs in 2009 (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/CINCINNATI-OH/WCKY-AM/091020_twodeepzone.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=CINCINNATI-OH&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=1120&STATION_ID=WCKY-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=1530_Homer&PCAST_CAT=Sports_Talk&PCAST_TITLE=Two_Deep_Zone)."

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-21-2009, 03:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAAHAHAHHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA........AHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHHA........HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

That is all

TACKLE
10-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Obviously playoffs are kind of unrealistic but I could see the Raiders winning 7 maybe even 8 games. They have a lot of young talent and they started slow. It looks like things might be headed in the right direction after their upset of the Eagles. The WR is developing which should help Jamarcus's development. The D was dominant against the Eagles and the run D is playing better than they have for years. So playoffs? No. But still think they can win 7-8 games.

senormysterioso
10-21-2009, 03:44 PM
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq350/SSExpress22/JimMora.jpg
PLAYOFFS?!?

the decider13
10-21-2009, 04:01 PM
HA

That is all

Shiver
10-21-2009, 04:07 PM
They do get The Chaz back.

awfullyquiet
10-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Obviously playoffs are kind of unrealistic but I could see the Raiders winning 7 maybe even 8 games. They have a lot of young talent and they started slow. It looks like things might be headed in the right direction after their upset of the Eagles. The WR is developing which should help Jamarcus's development. The D was dominant against the Eagles and the run D is playing better than they have for years. So playoffs? No. But still think they can win 7-8 games.

could that win in the AFCW?

POSSIBLY.

wicket
10-21-2009, 04:20 PM
denver has already won more games then i see the raiders winning in total. That eagles win must have played tricks with his mind

EvilNixon
10-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I wish I could be as optimistic as Seymour. Hey,maybe he'll want to resign.

Cicero
10-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Well hey at least he's optimistic and is going to be playing hard every week. Jim Mora has already given up on the year, and he's a head coach.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-21-2009, 04:29 PM
I certainly don't expect this to happen.

That said, 6 of Oakland's remaining 10 opponents are at .500 or worse (including three that have worse records than Oakland right now). I'm glad we beat Philly and everything, but this team is still in real trouble offensively. If Oakland's defense can show up like that rest of the season, great, but not every offense will get as rattled as Philly's did.

Brothgar
10-21-2009, 04:37 PM
could that win in the AFCW?

POSSIBLY.

Yeah but then the Broncos would have to lose all but two games. Are the Broncos 2007's Lions Raiders fans can only hope. But I'm not going to bet against the War Pigeon.

Staubach12
10-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Richard Seymour is having flashbacks to playing on a good team.

Babylon
10-21-2009, 05:14 PM
It's amazing what a win will do for your confidence, just a couple of weeks ago the Giants said playing the Raiders was like a scrimmage.

RaiderNation
10-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Its possibly, we have alot of winnable games left. We are getting Chaz back and he is JaMarcus' favorite WR, DMC is coming back, Gallery too. If we continue to blitz on D, and our passing game improves we might have a chance

Splat
10-21-2009, 05:16 PM
"The Chiefs will not make the playoffs! You can mark it down," Splat said."

Scotty D
10-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Raiders were smart not to give him his money yet.

Brent
10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
It's that goddamn pigeon! He's their secret weapon.

yo123
10-21-2009, 05:26 PM
It's amazing what a win will do for your confidence, just a couple of weeks ago the Giants said playing the Raiders was like a scrimmage.

Lol, this. People were talking about them as possibly the worst team in the league. Jamarcus Russell is NOT leading a team to the playoffs. I'm completely shocked that some people are acknowledging this as a possibility.

It doesn't matter if you are going to play bad teams, if you're a bad team yourself you're not going to win a majority of those games.

Scotty D
10-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Lol, this. People were talking about them as possibly the worst team in the league. Jamarcus Russell is NOT leading a team to the playoffs. I'm completely shocked that some people are acknowledging this as a possibility.

It doesn't matter if you are going to play bad teams, if you're a bad team yourself you're not going to win a majority of those games.

Not because of a lack of talent though, more of the switch just being turned off. Coaching? who knows.

BlindSite
10-21-2009, 05:32 PM
The raiders are terrible. They won't get past denver or San Diego in their own division wtf is seymour drinking? and where is it available?

Paranoidmoonduck
10-21-2009, 06:33 PM

Er, what? This doesn't make any sense.

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Er, what? This doesn't make any sense.
he is saying, if you are a bad team, you cant capitalize on playing other bad teams cause then you are basically evenly matched and have no leverage

Young Legend
10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
they are 2-4 and only 1 game behind the Texans.the nfl is so sorry this year anything can happen

Boston
10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Lions - Raiders Super Bowl!!!!

Komp
10-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Aren't they only 1.5 games out of a wildcard spot?

Mathematically it could happen, but until Russel quits looking confused on 90% of the snaps I don't see it happening. 6-10 or 7-9 is a more realistic prediction, and would be a step in the right direction.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-21-2009, 06:51 PM
he is saying, if you are a bad team, you cant capitalize on playing other bad teams cause then you are basically evenly matched and have no leverage

That might have been what he meant, but what he said is that if bad teams play bad teams, every team involved will lose a majority of those. Which is a statistic impossibility.

TACKLE
10-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Also if you listen to the interview, they asked him straight up, are the Raiders going to make the playoffs. Yes or no. He better say yes no matter how he really feels.

yo123
10-21-2009, 07:35 PM
That might have been what he meant, but what he said is that if bad teams play bad teams, every team involved will lose a majority of those. Which is a statistic impossibility.

You know what I meant.

MarioPalmer
10-21-2009, 08:24 PM
I certainly don't expect this to happen.

That said, 6 of Oakland's remaining 10 opponents are at .500 or worse (including three that have worse records than Oakland right now)'

Yeah, but are they actually worse then Oakland? That is the question.

10-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Yeah, but are they actually worse then Oakland? That is the question.

I certainly think so. Then again it's going to come down to how effectively we run the ball; last week we finally found a hot hand in Fargas whose running style probably fits Cable's offensive scheme a little nicer. He's a true one-cut and go kinda runner that we need unlike Bush who tends to dance around the hole a bit too much. I prefer Fargas as the consistent option we could lean on until DMC returns.

Chaz coming back this week is without a doubt a major boost to our O, though I'm expecting him to make an early impact mainly as a possession-type receiver, which is fine because right now Jamarcus needs to continue to build his confidence, and he's the safest target outside of Miller on our roster.

And the defense we know is close to legit all the way through, barring CJ's couple of blips a game, and the SLB spot.

MarioPalmer
10-21-2009, 08:59 PM
I certainly think so. Then again it's going to come down to how effectively we run the ball; last week we finally found a hot hand in Fargas whose running style probably fits Cable's offensive scheme a little nicer. He's a true one-cut and go kinda runner that we need unlike Bush who tends to dance around the hole a bit too much. I prefer Fargas as the consistent option we could lean on until DMC returns.

Chaz coming back this week is without a doubt a major boost to our O, though I'm expecting him to make an early impact mainly as a possession-type receiver, which is fine because right now Jamarcus needs to continue to build his confidence, and he's the safest target outside of Miller on our roster.

And the defense we know is close to legit all the way through, barring CJ's couple of blips a game, and the SLB spot.

I'm really bummed about Russell though, I was all high on him this year and even thought he'd be the second best QB in that division, or at least hope he would. Cassel is trash, he is Derek Anderson, a no body who has one good year and gets paid for it, whatever, the Chiefs are feeling it now and he looks lost when he has no talent playing around him, ha!, so much for him being a franchise QB. And I didn't think that Orton would be any where near as effective for the Broncos as he has been, so I thought by default that Russell would be the man, plus I actually had the Raiders winning around 6-8 games, which meant that it would be a successful season, then draft a D-Lineman in 2010, and next year make a serious push for the Wild Card.

But it doesn't look like that now.

Brothgar
10-21-2009, 09:06 PM
i love this week.

brady beats up a terrible defense and still only makes a couple of great throws = brady is the best qb in the nfl again.

oakland beats a bad nfc east team = raiders to the playoffs.

this is absolutely the week of ludicrous extrapolation.

Wasn't this bad NFC east team the front runner for the NFC spot in the SB during pre-season?

MarioPalmer
10-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Wasn't this bad NFC east team the front runner for the NFC spot in the SB during pre-season?

I won't bet against the Pats, not yet atleast. And which team in the NFC East actually looks better than them? Seriously? As for Super Bowl contenders, they are still the Pats and because they have Brady, Bill and that high powered O, you can't completely dump them from serious contention.

Timbathia
10-21-2009, 09:10 PM
I won't bet against the Pats, not yet atleast. And which team in the NFC East actually looks better than them? Seriously? As for Super Bowl contenders, they are still the Pats and because they have Brady, Bill and that high powered O, you can't completely dump them from serious contention.

think you have your As and Ns mixed up.

MarioPalmer
10-21-2009, 09:11 PM
think you have your As and Ns mixed up.

sorry...LOL

Brothgar
10-21-2009, 09:17 PM

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/1/Posters/fp0209~Monty-Python-Gumby-Man-Posters.jpg

Brothgar
10-21-2009, 09:25 PM
i fail to see your point.

Nothing I just like hearing it. Also waiting for some crow eaters.

DaN1eL
10-21-2009, 10:07 PM
They need score points, the raiders have a good d-line and good defensive backs despite the loss vs. the giants. They had a poor draft, DHB looks like a new Troy Williamson

Cicero
10-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Also if you listen to the interview, they asked him straight up, are the Raiders going to make the playoffs. Yes or no. He better say yes no matter how he really feels.

Well hey at least he's optimistic and is going to be playing hard every week. Jim Mora has already given up on the year, and he's a head coach.

Exactly. He shouldn't be saying the season is lost already (whether he really feels like it is or not) unlike some people.

aNYtitan
10-21-2009, 10:20 PM
The greatest football quote of all time.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-21-2009, 10:21 PM
i love this week.

brady beats up a terrible defense and still only makes a couple of great throws = brady is the best qb in the nfl again.

oakland beats a bad nfc east team = raiders to the playoffs.

this is absolutely the week of ludicrous extrapolation.

Broncos beat Chargers= BRONCOS WIN THE ******* SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!

wait, that's no exaggeration...

NIN1984
10-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Seymour was even laughing while he said this.

the decider13
10-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Broncos beat Chargers= BRONCOS WIN THE ******* SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!

wait, that's no exaggeration...

Everytime they've gone 6-0, they've gone to the Super Bowl. The last two times, they won it.

FACT

senormysterioso
10-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Everytime they've gone 6-0, they've gone to the Super Bowl. The last two times, they won it.

FACT

Everytime JFK rode in a limo he wasn't assassinated, except once...just saying

wordofi
10-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Seymour sees playoffs for Raiders in 2009 (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/21/seymour-sees-playoffs-for-raiders-in-2009/)

"You can mark it down," Seymour said. "The Raiders will be in the playoffs in 2009 (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/CINCINNATI-OH/WCKY-AM/091020_twodeepzone.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=CINCINNATI-OH&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=1120&STATION_ID=WCKY-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=1530_Homer&PCAST_CAT=Sports_Talk&PCAST_TITLE=Two_Deep_Zone)."

Yeah right. And the Lions will win the Super Bowl.

Flyboy
10-21-2009, 11:40 PM

Then someone adjusted their sliders from "Varsity" to "Heisman".

Brent
10-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Hahahhaahaha, YES.

10-22-2009, 12:08 AM
We have 2 things of history on our side. Every time Kyle Orton was on a team that started 6-0, they made it to the super bowl. FACT.

FlyingElvis
10-22-2009, 12:41 AM
This thread delivers. JFK . . . lol

they are 2-4 and only 1 game behind the Texans.the nfl is so sorry this year anything can happen
I was thinking the same thing. There is plenty of football to play and the Raiders schedule isn't too bad. The better AFC teams are facing tougher competition.

I hope Seymour can inspire the team enough to end up being right. I love the guy and would love to see him be a major factor in turning the Raiders around. Maybe they should give him some reps under center.

the decider13
10-22-2009, 12:42 AM
We have 2 things of history on our side. Every time Kyle Orton was on a team that started 6-0, they made it to the super bowl. FACT.

People just cant appreciate facts anymore.

A Perfect Score
10-22-2009, 12:47 AM

Thats only one thing.

the decider13
10-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Thats only one thing.

FACT

I see two facts.

FACT

Raiderz4Life
10-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Cassel is trash, he is Derek Anderson, a no body who has one good year and gets paid for it, whatever, the Chiefs are feeling it now and he looks lost when he has no talent playing around him, ha!, so much for him being a franchise QB.

You're seriously gonna trash Cassel? Have you seen him play? Maybe once...twice...at all?

A Perfect Score
10-22-2009, 01:02 AM
I see two facts.

FACT

Well damn, thats what I get for not reading back far enough. Stupid impatience.

That said, Chris is still dumb.

locseti
10-22-2009, 01:13 AM
obviously he was being facetious... c'mon y'all.

Rosebud
10-22-2009, 01:43 AM
You're seriously gonna trash Cassel? Have you seen him play? Maybe once...twice...at all?

Of course he has. He saw him in pre game warm ups for at least 3 games and Cassel didn't look like a prototype nor did he have a cannon, and you can't be a good QB unless you're 6'4" with a rocket. Drew Brees doesn't exist.

LizardState
10-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Seymour is shamefully kissing up to his new boss. This is from a team with 5 HCs in like 3 yrs, some credibility problems in thier press releases might be taken into acct.

And other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

killxswitch
10-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Unlikely, but his head is in the right place. Or heart, or whatever.

Jvig43
10-22-2009, 12:18 PM
This thread delivers. JFK . . . lol

I was thinking the same thing. There is plenty of football to play and the Raiders schedule isn't too bad. The better AFC teams are facing tougher competition.

I hope Seymour can inspire the team enough to end up being right. I love the guy and would love to see him be a major factor in turning the Raiders around. Maybe they should give him some reps under center.

Nooo, I want that 1st rounder to be a high one :D

FlyingElvis
10-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Nooo, I want that 1st rounder to be a high one :D

It's 2011. We can hope for a great year for Big Rich and then he jumps ship and they suck again in 2010. Win/Win!!

Splat
10-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Cassel is trash, he is Derek Anderson, a no body who has one good year and gets paid for it, whatever, the Chiefs are feeling it now and he looks lost when he has no talent playing around him, ha!, so much for him being a franchise QB.

Explain to me how throwing 7 TD's and only 2 int's with no OL no running game no TE's and only 1 WR while playing arguably the hardest schedule makes him trash?

The guy is not going to the pro bowl or any thing but people thinking Cassel is the reason for the Chiefs record have no idea what they are talking about.

terribletowel39
10-22-2009, 12:34 PM
False. He wasn't in a limo when he was assassinated. He was in one of these: http://www.motorbase.com/pictures/contributions/990720//std_1963_lincoln_continental_convertible.jpg

So everytime JFK was in a limo he wasn't assassinated.....does that mean Broncos will win the Superbowl?? I hope not.

10-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Well damn, thats what I get for not reading back far enough. Stupid impatience.

That said, Chris is still dumb.

NO U.

Also, another fact: Every time a team with Kyle Orton has been 6-0 without also having Rex Grossman, they didn't lose the Super Bowl. FACT.

Modano
10-22-2009, 03:48 PM
The number one seed has never lost the divisional game. Well, except for the last two years (Cowboys and Titans). You can't predict the future based on something that happened in the past.

10-22-2009, 03:53 PM
The number one seed has never lost the divisional game. Well, except for the last two years (Cowboys and Titans). You can't predict the future based on something that happened in the past.

The Broncos are not the Cowboys or Titans. FACT.

CC.SD
10-22-2009, 08:36 PM

In 2006 too.

Rosebud
10-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Love the facts, honestly this thread has no purpose, he was asked whether his team could make the playoffs and being only one game back of the wild card of course he has to believe they can, because strangely despite a simply god awful passing attack theyve somehow stumbled to 2 wins and have an easy schedule.

That said if the raiders do make the playoffs I'll be shocked and would expect them to get trounced by Indianapolis, who I think will end up with homefield advantage over the broncos.

CC.SD
10-22-2009, 08:47 PM
If anybody is going to stumble into the playoffs to inexplicably face the Colts I demand it be the Chargers!

Raiderz4Life
10-22-2009, 08:49 PM
If anybody is going to stumble into the playoffs to inexplicably face the Colts I demand it be the Chargers!

For what? So they pull another upset just so they can go embarrass themselves in the next round again?

Rosebud
10-22-2009, 08:55 PM
I want it to be the raiders because I want to see one of your crazy ass fans tear off his own arm to club a colts fan to death with in the second quarter on live tv.

killxswitch
10-23-2009, 08:34 AM

I just threw up in my mouth. If this happens I will kick a dog or something.

LizardState
10-23-2009, 09:10 AM
For what? So they pull another upset just so they can go embarrass themselves in the next round again?

Won't happen, Schottenheimer is gone from the Bolts. The Chargers loss to NE although they outmanned them at almost every position was the single most obvious case of outcoaching in modern NFL playoff history. Nobody can blow a playoff game in the AFC West quite like Marty.

Shiver
10-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Won't happen, Schottenheimer is gone from the Bolts. The Chargers loss to NE although they outmanned them at almost every position was the single most obvious case of outcoaching in modern NFL playoff history. Nobody can blow a playoff game in the AFC West quite like Marty.

That was an embarrassing game. I felt so bad for LaDainian Tomlinson after that game, he was the only person to show up it seems. I feel even worse now that I know that he would never be able to make an impact in a playoff game. 2006 was his only real chance and the rest of the team didn't show up.

Raiderz4Life
10-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Well I was mostly referring to last year's playoffs when they upset the Colts and then got smashed by the Steelers

vikes_28
10-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Raiders...Playoffs...Seymor...Butts?

Komp
10-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Raiders...Playoffs...Seymor...Butts?

That would certainly make training camp a little more interesting....

CC.SD
10-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Hm I remain unsure of this one although benching Jamarcus is definitely a good first step.

EvilNixon
10-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Too early? lol

PackerLegend
10-25-2009, 05:32 PM
So what does this say about the Eagles?

Rosebud
10-25-2009, 05:36 PM
So what does this say about the Eagles?

That they should considering adding a run play to their playbook?

EvilNixon
10-25-2009, 05:38 PM
One positive step and one huge negative step smh. Raiders are a joke.

10-25-2009, 06:33 PM
So Jets struggle the same week as a Raiders win, so the Raiders will beat the Jets. Chargers struggle the same week the Chiefs get a win, Chiefs will beat the Chargers.

Vox Populi
10-25-2009, 06:50 PM
So Jets struggle the same week as a Raiders win, so the Raiders will beat the Jets. Chargers struggle the same week the Chiefs get a win, Chiefs will beat the Chargers.

I heard that if a rock weighs the same amount as a duck that it will float too :p

senormysterioso
10-25-2009, 07:06 PM
I heard that if a rock weighs the same amount as a duck that it will float too :p

So if the Oakland Raiders make the playoffs and you can build a bridge out of them they're witches?

Stash
10-26-2009, 11:41 PM
So if the Oakland Raiders make the playoffs and you can build a bridge out of them they're witches?
Burn them!

Splat
10-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Richard Seymour: Raiders couldn't beat a high school team (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/27/richard-seymour-raiders-couldnt-beat-a-high-school-team/)

Gay Ork Wang
10-27-2009, 06:26 PM
ahahaha nice Seymour