PDA

View Full Version : I has the SARF flu :(

vikes_28
10-23-2009, 02:57 PM
I went to the Doctor today, found out that I have the SARF flu. :( I don't know how that's possible since I don't ever go anywhere. Any of you guys have any advice to make myself feel better faster?

Wootylicous
10-23-2009, 03:00 PM
You are gonna die.

terribletowel39
10-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Shave your head bald.

vikes_28
10-23-2009, 03:06 PM
You are gonna die.

You're are probably right.

DoughBoy
10-23-2009, 03:07 PM
You gots the pig flu?

http://www.ktis.fm/blogs/lisa/wp-content/swine-flu.bmp

Todd Bertuzzi
10-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Lol................

CashmoneyDrew
10-23-2009, 03:09 PM
I went to the Doctor today, found out that I have the SARF flu. :( I don't know how that's possible since I don't ever go anywhere. Any of you guys have any advice to make myself feel better faster?

Do society a favor and kill yourself so no more innocents have to suffer the spreading of this disease. You'll be a hero in the end.

terribletowel39
10-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Do society a favor and kill yourself so no more innocents have to suffer the spreading of this disease. You'll be a hero in the end.
Gingeritis or sarf flu??

Dr. Gonzo
10-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Armageddon is upon us!

vikes_28
10-23-2009, 03:15 PM

I'm being serious here guy.

CashmoneyDrew
10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Gingeritis or sarf flu??

Both.............

senormysterioso
10-23-2009, 03:20 PM
drink lots and lots of fluids and sweat it out. that's the only way. if your temp gets above 105-6 ice bath or hospital dude.

CashmoneyDrew
10-23-2009, 03:21 PM

Then get plenty of rest and fluids. It's just the flu man, don't be a pansy!

terribletowel39
10-23-2009, 03:21 PM
If you are honestly being serious, do what the doctor told you to do. I highly doubt anyone on this board knows some secret that your doctor doesn't in how to fight off swine flu faster than normal. Keep your ass in bed and drink lots of vitamin C would be my only suggestions. But I'm sure you doc suggested that as well.

CC.SD
10-23-2009, 03:22 PM
That sucks man. Drink a ton of water and you'll pull through. Stay out of public areas, I have snipers everywhere.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-23-2009, 03:24 PM
R.I.P. vikes. You'll be missed. Now rise up and join our fallen brother Libid in heaven with our creator.

vikes_28
10-23-2009, 03:25 PM
The doctor honestly didn't tell me to do anything. He prescribed me Tamiflu, and he said I should get better in about 4 days. Then he walked out of the room.

Giantsfan1080
10-23-2009, 03:27 PM
The doctor honestly didn't tell me to do anything. He prescribed me Tamiflu, and he said I should get better in about 4 days. Then he walked out of the room.

What kind of doctors do you have in S.D.? He didn't give you any antibiotics?

10-23-2009, 03:30 PM
You won't have the flu in 4 days because you'll be a corpse in three.

DoughBoy
10-23-2009, 03:31 PM

Seems like he was trying to make it sound like you will be fine when he knows your a lost cause.

vikes_28
10-23-2009, 03:34 PM

I don't think antibiotics can fix the flu.

Rosebud
10-23-2009, 03:34 PM
A) a lot of cases of the other white flu have been false positives so you might not even have the sarf flu, http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/21/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5406025.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea
B) It's just a bad flu, stay home, rest, drink a lot of fluids and tough it out.
C) Make sure not to infect anyone, if you suspect infection kill the infected person immediately so that this pandemic doesn't destroy humanity.

Giantsfan1080
10-23-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't think antibiotics can fix the flu.

Well there you go shows what I know about the flu.

brat316
10-23-2009, 03:39 PM
use lots of hand sanatizer and take off from work. Sleep, Eat healthy, Drink water and Vitamen C.

Don't spread it.

Tampa 2 4 life
10-23-2009, 04:03 PM
The way to fix the sarf flu is to listen to VNV Nation and a double dose of Cutlerzzzz.

CC.SD
10-23-2009, 04:03 PM

You're in real trouble if the doc is fleeing.

andyjo672
10-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I just got over the swine flu this past week. In all reality, if you're a healthy young person, you should be ok (granted, I know its killing more young adults than any other group, but we're also the most heavily exposed to it). I didn't even go to the doctor, I called him up, gave him my symptoms and asked if I should come in for a test. He said don't bother, it'll just cost you some money and I'll tell you to do what you've been doing, get rest and drink fluids.

Like some may know, the severity of the sickness is actually significantly less than the normal seasonal flu. Most of those that get it, including myself, do NOT have the vomitting, nausea or diarrhea that's associated with seasonal flu. It just feels like a very nasty cold, but you can at least function which is nice. The reason this flu kills more often is because it settles more in the upper respiratory system unlike the normal flu. This leads to pneumonia, which is actually the thing that is killing the most people. Lay up for a few days, spend sometime in front of the TV and don't smoke cigarettes. You'll be golden.

MetSox17
10-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Take your tamiflu and just rest. Nothing else you can do. Antibiotics do nothing, and all tamiflu does is reduce the amount of time you have your symptoms. If you start taking it after about 72 hours of contracting it the tamiflu won't do anything.

slightlyaraiderfan
10-23-2009, 05:00 PM
my bad, sorry.

TitleTown088
10-23-2009, 05:02 PM

In SD we don't have doctors.

On a side note, I'm in Sioux Falls for the weekend stay the hell away from me Vikes.

vikes_28
10-23-2009, 06:11 PM
I just got over the swine flu this past week. In all reality, if you're a healthy young person, you should be ok (granted, I know its killing more young adults than any other group, but we're also the most heavily exposed to it). I didn't even go to the doctor, I called him up, gave him my symptoms and asked if I should come in for a test. He said don't bother, it'll just cost you some money and I'll tell you to do what you've been doing, get rest and drink fluids.

Like some may know, the severity of the sickness is actually significantly less than the normal seasonal flu. Most of those that get it, including myself, do NOT have the vomitting, nausea or diarrhea that's associated with seasonal flu. It just feels like a very nasty cold, but you can at least function which is nice. The reason this flu kills more often is because it settles more in the upper respiratory system unlike the normal flu. This leads to pneumonia, which is actually the thing that is killing the most people. Lay up for a few days, spend sometime in front of the TV and don't smoke cigarettes. You'll be golden.

Well, I don't smoke, and all it feels like now is a nasty cold, like you said. If I didn't have such a high temperature I would probably still be at work. I just downed 4 pieces of pizza. It was glorious. I just have a nasty cough and a headache, and after I wake up I get pretty nauseated. I should be better by Monday.

In SD we don't have doctors.

On a side note, I'm in Sioux Falls for the weekend stay the hell away from me Vikes.

Flu or no flu, I wouldn't want to get together with a packers fan. :rolleyes:

10-23-2009, 07:14 PM
That's all the Swine flu is? I'm gonna start licking doorknobs in the sketchy areas of town.

Rosebud
10-23-2009, 07:18 PM
That's all the Swine flu is? I'm gonna start licking doorknobs in the sketchy areas of town.

Don't you watch CNN, it is the worst cough Doctor gupta's had in his life. And if that doesn't scare you then nothing will.

Wootylicous
10-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Canadians have no fears !

Rosebud
10-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Canadians have no fears !

And that's why you're country lost the war, people over here have the incredible ability to flip their **** over anything. Seriously, CNN could air anything with a scary score and people would start losing their minds. Not even the mushroom eating vikings could get themselves into a frenzy the way mericans can.

Brothgar
10-23-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm not your guy fwiend

Well SARF flu is a viral infection so antibiotics would not help at all. (because Antibiotics are for bacteria) and do what everyone here is telling you. Bundle up in a blanket drink hot tea rest and never breed with anyone.

CJSchneider
10-23-2009, 08:04 PM
You're in real trouble if the doc is fleeing.

It's South Dakota. He probably a veterinarian anyway.

Wootylicous
10-23-2009, 08:11 PM
you got me laughing CJ.

CC.SD
10-23-2009, 10:56 PM

You'll get so much play after you beat swine flu~

10-23-2009, 11:06 PM
You'll get so much play after you beat swine flu~

For real. Chicks dig swine flu scars.

CC.SD
10-23-2009, 11:07 PM
For real. Chicks dig swine flu scars.

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2002/1018/photo/i_keanu_i.jpg

Shahin
10-24-2009, 01:09 PM
it's all good. i got that **** too and dominated it.

RaiderNation
10-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Ive had a cold for a week and a few days. Sucks. Everyone a my school is getting sick and a girl in the town next to us just died of H1N1....

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Is H1N1 even serious anymore? tons of people in my school are getting the Flu and some have said they had the Swine(H1N1) flu, everyone seems to come back in a week and they seem fine.

nobodyinparticular
10-24-2009, 04:19 PM

My wife just got over H1N1 about a week ago. Drink lots of water, sleep a lot and cough out the crap in your lungs--don't let it sit there.

Also, take it easy as you start to get better. The two things that are truly different from this flu over others is that A) it seems to spread a lot more easily and B) it takes a lot longer to fully recover.

You're going to start feeling better after 5-7 days, but if you try to head straight back to school or work at full speed, you're going to feel like crap again. Take it slow over the next week, still sleeping 10-14 hours a day. Take lots of naps. If you feel tired, go to sleep.

This is something that you have to gradually get back into the swing of things. From the day that you first felt crappy, it will probably be about 3 weeks before you're able to live life 100%.

vikes_28
10-24-2009, 05:38 PM
I just woke up, its 538 my time. I feel a bit better.

Splat
10-24-2009, 05:48 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2wd0ku0.jpg

sbh15
10-24-2009, 05:53 PM
I had Swine from Sunday till Friday. It's not that bad.

It's like a cold on Bonds roids.

LizardState
10-24-2009, 06:40 PM
My wife just got over H1N1 about a week ago. Drink lots of water, sleep a lot and cough out the crap in your lungs--don't let it sit there.

Also, take it easy as you start to get better. The two things that are truly different from this flu over others is that A) it seems to spread a lot more easily and B) it takes a lot longer to fully recover.

You're going to start feeling better after 5-7 days, but if you try to head straight back to school or work at full speed, you're going to feel like crap again. Take it slow over the next week, still sleeping 10-14 hours a day. Take lots of naps. If you feel tired, go to sleep.

This is something that you have to gradually get back into the swing of things. From the day that you first felt crappy, it will probably be about 3 weeks before you're able to live life 100%.

nobody is right, I had it last Summer & that's where my summer went. You'll feel sick, after 3-4 days you think you have to die to get better, then you eat Advil by the handful, then you sweat like a pig with a fever & you feel a little better. You just have to ride it out. Be prepared to be sick for about 3-4 wks.

It's no joke, it killed 3-4 20-yr olds here in San Jose including 2 women 9 mos. pregnant. Pres. Obama declared it a national health emergency last night. My dr. said my age helped me, the longer you're alive the more antibodies you have built up over time. Not that it actually helped me -- I went to an art event one night & a movie the next day where people were coughing & I knew I was doomed. Taking that Airborne stuff does no good whatever.

And it's very contagious. If you live with someone else, go into quarantine but they'll probably get it anyway. Clean everything you touch with isopropyl alcohol including the keyboard you're typing on right now.

Rosebud
10-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Pres. Obama declared it a national health emergency last night.

I still get a kick out of that.

The Unseen
10-24-2009, 07:29 PM
It's so they can do stuff with less restrictions and more ease than if the emergency weren't declared.

vikes_28
10-25-2009, 01:08 AM
I was told that its only very contagious if you have a fever, which I do not. Haven't had one since the first day of having it.

Rosebud
10-25-2009, 02:05 AM
It's so they can do stuff with less restrictions and more ease than if the emergency weren't declared.

I understand that, but we're talking about something that has yet to even surpass the seasonal flu becoming a national emergency that we've spent the better part of a year panicking about. To me that is hilarious.

tEk
10-25-2009, 02:08 AM
so i was at work tonight and i was helping a customer and then she coughed in my face and i left her standing in an aisle, left mid sentence to wash my face in the bathroom. didnt say why, just dipped, for gods sake there was a lugie (sp?) from a potential swine flu infected canadian on my face.

Shahin
10-25-2009, 01:31 PM
nobody is right, I had it last Summer & that's where my summer went. You'll feel sick, after 3-4 days you think you have to die to get better, then you eat Advil by the handful, then you sweat like a pig with a fever & you feel a little better. You just have to ride it out. Be prepared to be sick for about 3-4 wks.

It's no joke, it killed 3-4 20-yr olds here in San Jose including 2 women 9 mos. pregnant. Pres. Obama declared it a national health emergency last night. My dr. said my age helped me, the longer you're alive the more antibodies you have built up over time. Not that it actually helped me -- I went to an art event one night & a movie the next day where people were coughing & I knew I was doomed. Taking that Airborne stuff does no good whatever.

And it's very contagious. If you live with someone else, go into quarantine but they'll probably get it anyway. Clean everything you touch with isopropyl alcohol including the keyboard you're typing on right now.

it's all good. i got that **** too and dominated it.

Heh........................

LizardState
10-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Shahin:

We heard you the 1st time.

Pls. get some help for whatever disease you have. IDK if attn. ***** threadkillers have a cure though.

Sincerely,

Everybody

Rosebud
10-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Just wanted to put the stats up, Swine flu has killed around 1000 people in the US, or 1 out of every 300,000, and around 5000 people world wide, or one out of every 1.36 million, most of them having already weakened immune systems. Now feel free to continue to panic.

vikes_28
10-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Just wanted to put the stats up, Swine flu has killed around 1000 people in the US, or 1 out of every 300,000, and around 5000 people world wide, or one out of every 1.36 million, most of them having already weakened immune systems. Now feel free to continue to panic.

I'm not worried.

sweetness34
10-25-2009, 11:32 PM
If you take precautionary steps in treating Swine Flu, especially if you have a strong immune system, you will be fine. It's not something to be taken lightly but it's also not the pandemic that it's being made out to be.

I certainly do not want to contract it but I'm also not in fear for my life.

CJSchneider
10-25-2009, 11:41 PM
My family has some stomach bug. It's probably H1N1 and we are all too bad-ass to let it take full affect.

Shahin
10-26-2009, 01:22 AM
Shahin:

We heard you the 1st time.

Pls. get some help for whatever disease you have. IDK if attn. ***** threadkillers have a cure though.

Sincerely,

Everybody

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/f/3/2f3e73b50dd53b39681a9ddf58966490.jpg
I +repped you because you make me laugh.

Like that thing.

vikes_28
10-26-2009, 04:12 PM
My family has some stomach bug. It's probably H1N1 and we are all too bad-ass to let it take full affect.

If its a stomach bug its probably not the H1N1.

Bosanac01
10-27-2009, 01:22 AM
So it's been 4 days now. R.I.P vikes.

MetSox17
10-27-2009, 03:28 AM
Enjoy heaven. Say hi to Libid while you're up there.

vikes_28
10-27-2009, 04:08 AM
Today is the first day in a week where I felt like I could actually do something productive.

TitleTown088
10-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Today is the first day in a week where I felt like I could actually do something productive.

What in the heck is wrong with SD? I was back there this weekend and everyone has it. SuFlu

PackerLegend
10-27-2009, 04:52 PM
God is punishing you for being a Vikings fan.
RIP

vikes_28
11-13-2009, 03:18 AM
If you guys wanted to know, or cared.... My status with this flu thing, is that I'm still cough a lot. The only thing that's different is that I don't have body aches anymore, and I can function on a normal level. I also don't get as tired as I did when I had the flu. I don't know who it was, but whoever said that I will be sick for a few weeks was right. I can finally feel the cough subsiding. And I'm still alive BTW.

Bosanac01
11-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Everyone feels better in heaven. R.I.P big guy.

Gay Ork Wang
11-13-2009, 03:24 AM
R.I.P. Vikes

vikes_28
11-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Ugh, do I really need to quote myself for clarity?

11-13-2009, 07:50 AM
A Ghost?!?!?!?

terribletowel39
11-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Now you are with jesus and not just telling the children about him. RIP

CJSchneider
11-13-2009, 09:33 AM
If you guys wanted to know, or cared.... My status with this flu thing, is that I'm still cough a lot. The only thing that's different is that I don't have body aches anymore, and I can function on a normal level. I also don't get as tired as I did when I had the flu. I don't know who it was, but whoever said that I will be sick for a few weeks was right. I can finally feel the cough subsiding. And I'm still alive BTW.

So the overall experience was actually an upgrade?

Chucky
11-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I just came back from getting the vaccine. I have never gotten a flu shot before but this seemed like it was worth getting it for .

note: I know how flu shots work and their shortfalls, no need to lecture me about it

brat316
11-13-2009, 11:15 AM
I never get flu shots but i might get this one.

CJSchneider
11-13-2009, 11:29 AM
I probably won't. Last flu shot I got, I was sick as a dog for 3 days. I'd rather fight it and be sick as opposed to getting sick twice. If it gets too bad, that's why I pay for insurance and what hospitals are for.

Crickett
11-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't know if I have SARF flu, but I have something. I'm headed to the doctor at 3:20 and

Symptoms

Symptoms of H1N1 flu infection in humans are similar to classic flu-like symptoms, which might include:

* Fever above 100.4 F
* Cough
* Sore throat
* Runny or stuffy nose
* Headache
* Chills
* Muscle aches and fatigue
* Diarrhea
* Vomiting

I have all but the last two of those. Wish me luck. :(

nobodyinparticular
11-13-2009, 12:18 PM
I don't know if I have SARF flu, but I have something. I'm headed to the doctor at 3:20 and

I have all but the last two of those. Wish me luck. :(

You don't need to go to the doctor. You have it. Vomiting and diarrhea are not necessary (or really even common) symptoms to have H1N1. And when you go, they will just tell you to go home, drink fluids and stay away from everyone else.

Do everyone else in your city a favor and just go into quarantine right now.

Crickett
11-13-2009, 12:28 PM
You don't need to go to the doctor. You have it. Vomiting and diarrhea are not necessary (or really even common) symptoms to have H1N1. And when you go, they will just tell you to go home, drink fluids and stay away from everyone else.

Do everyone else in your city a favor and just go into quarantine right now.

I do need to go as I have midterms this week and colleges tend to not just take your word for it.

Rosebud
11-13-2009, 12:34 PM
I do need to go as I have midterms this week and colleges tend to not just take your word for it.

Depends on the prof, especially when it comes to the flu because a lot of people don't go to the doctor for flu related symptoms.

11-13-2009, 12:42 PM
I was worried I had it a couple of weeks ago, I had a fever, dunno if it was that high or not, a cough, headaches, fatigue and soreness, and explosive diarrhea. So I went home from school to be safe. But I was feeling fine the next day.

So either I got something else, or I have the Brock Lesnar of immune systems.

Jvig43
11-13-2009, 12:49 PM

What? At my school if you have any questions about symptoms your fully excused from classes, automatically.

TitleTown088
11-13-2009, 01:22 PM
explosive diarrhea.

Reminded me of old school South Park for some reason.

ElectricEye
11-13-2009, 01:24 PM
I was worried I had it a couple of weeks ago, I had a fever, dunno if it was that high or not, a cough, headaches, fatigue and soreness, and explosive diarrhea. So I went home from school to be safe. But I was feeling fine the next day.

So either I got something else, or I have the Brock Lesnar of immune systems.

Everyone in my house confirmed had it and I was fine in three days. Count me in the Lesnar camp as well.

nobodyinparticular
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Everyone in my house confirmed had it and I was fine in three days. Count me in the Lesnar camp as well.

If you're Brock Lesnar, I'm Jesus since my wife had H1N1 for a week and i never came down with it at all.

Crickett
11-13-2009, 04:56 PM
The test came back negative, however, my doctor told me it has 10%-70% accuracy rate so he took a second sample for further testing.

He confirmed what you guys said, but and gave us surgical masks.

I'm probably in a little bit more trouble than anyone else b/c I have been taking other medicines that suppress my immune system

vikes_28
11-13-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't have to get the shot now that I have already had it. I will for sure get it next year around this time though.

M.O.T.H.
11-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Other than some headache days, I havent really been sick in a long time. When I was younger I was always sick, I chalk that up to school mostly, though. But yeah, these days I dont catch anything. The flu has swept through my house this year already and my parents are both currently sick at the moment and I still dont catch anything. Hooray, I'm like Bruce Willis from Unbreakable. Knock on wood.

Crickett
11-14-2009, 08:35 AM
My fever has been flirting with 105 every four to five hours since Thursday night. :(

I've been taking 2 extra strength tylenol every 6-7 hours, but the fever only breaks for 10 minutes before it comes back. :(

TitleTown088
11-14-2009, 03:14 PM
My fever has been flirting with 105 every four to five hours since Thursday night. :(

105 temp? Should you be in the hospital?

Jvig43
11-14-2009, 03:20 PM

I've been taking 2 extra strength tylenol every 6-7 hours, but the fever only breaks for 10 minutes before it comes back. :(

Yeah man, thats pretty high.

Staubach12
11-14-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm not really worried about oink-barf. Didn't get the vaccine, not going to.

Crickett
11-17-2009, 01:51 AM
What? At my school if you have any questions about symptoms your fully excused from classes, automatically.

Well, having called my professor earlier today...... am I sure its the swine flu and isn't something I'll be over by the end of the week. Call him back on Thursday.

This was literally minutes after my doctor called me and told me that the results weren't back yet from the CDC, but he was 99% sure it was swine flu. :mad:

vikes_28
11-17-2009, 03:55 AM

You should be in the emergency room if its that high. That shouldn't happen. I had a fever for the first day, and it never broke 103.

CJSchneider
11-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Yeah, your flirting with danger at 105.