PDA

View Full Version : What you wanted and what you got.

PoopSandwich
10-24-2009, 02:30 PM
I was just sitting around bored watching these big 10 games and I was wondering how much different your teams would be if you were drafting.

For me there would have been no Joe Thomas, there would have been no Brady Quinn, it would have been a completely different franchise as far as first and second round picks went.

2006 - This is where the Browns would have changed a lot compared to what we actually did... I wanted Haloti Ngata in round one and Marcus McNeil in round two. Yeah McNeil went 50th overall and we were picking 34th but I still remembering thinking that he would be amazing in the pros. I also wanted Jones-Drew but I don't know how he would have turned out in Cleveland.

2007 - We would have had McNeil in place and we wouldn't have needed to go Joe Thomas third overall... I remember wanting to draft Adrian Peterson but we signed Jamal Lewis and I knew that was the end to that. I still would have done the trade for Brady Quinn, I believed it was right at the time. Quinn could still pan out he just really needs to fix some flaws in his game.

2008 - Couldn't really do anything with this draft... Browns didn't have a pick for the first three picks because we traded for a 4-3 end and put him in the 3-4.

2009 - With the 5th pick I would have wanted a lot more than what we got from the Jets... We got David Veikune in that trade and I'm not sure if he has even seen the field besides special teams, as well as Alex Mack (very good player) and Abe Elam as well as some stop gap players... Anyways, if we had the 5th pick I would have selected Crabtree and put him opposite Braylon Edwards, I think that would have provided a huge boost to our offense. Then with the 36th pick I would have wanted to take Ray Malaluga and with the 50th pick Lesean McCoy or Phil Loadholt to put at right tackle.

EDIT : Oh yeah, we wouldn't have had the 50th pick because I never would have traded Kellen Winslow... Imagine an offense with Edwards/Crabtree/Winslow... **** the Browns

Shiver
10-24-2009, 02:41 PM
In 2006 we traded for John Abraham. That was an excellent decision, it was either him or draft Tamba Hali. We picked future bust Jimmy Williams in the 2nd round ahead of Richard Marshall much to my chagrin. I loved Marshall that year and while he isn't an all-pro or anything, he would have helped a lot. Norwood has been a good contributor, just not a healthy one. C+

2007 was the most disappointing draft in recent memory for my Falcons. All the players I wanted: Peterson, Landry, Brown were gone. I did not want Jamaal Anderson, instead I wanted Patrick Willis. Anderson has been a disaster; although he does well in run defense he is just too slow to make an impact in terms of pass rushing, so much so that the team has moved him inside. I loved the Justin Blalock and Chris Houston picks in the 2nd round, only Blalock has been good for us. D

2008 draft: Matt Ryan, Sam Baker, Curtis Lofton, Harry Douglas, Thomas Decoud, Kroy Biermann, nuff said. A+

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Be glad you have Thomas over McNeil.

scottyboy
10-24-2009, 02:43 PM
i wanted Britt and we got Nicks

:(

MetSox17
10-24-2009, 02:48 PM
What i wanted: Steven Jackson

What i got: Shaft.

That was by far one of the ugliest drafts i've ever seen a team make. Jacob Rogers, Julia Jones, Stephen Peterman, Bruce Thornton, Sean Ryan and Nathan Jones. We did get Patrick Crayton in the 7th, but i don't think that was anywhere near enough to salvage that abortion of a draft.

Raiderz4Life
10-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Dont even get me started with the Raiders.....I would finish typing by midnight

gsorace
10-24-2009, 02:57 PM
In 2002 I wanted the Jets to draft Ed Reed, they took Bryan Thomas....I'm still not over it.

DoughBoy
10-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Last year I thought the Steelers stole our draft when they took Sweed and Mendy ahead of us. We ended up getting Chris Johnson and Jason Jones instead, I was wrong.

I hated the 2007 draft and I still do.

BuddyCHRIST
10-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Im happy the Saints took Malcom Jenkins this past year, he is who I was hoping for through the whole process. I would have been pissed if they drafted Beanie Wells like was much talked about, Pierre Thomas is so underrated by the media.

Moorestead has been fine but I wish we drafted Graham Gano, because we have 2 kickers now anyways.

Shahin
10-24-2009, 03:43 PM
last year's draft for the bengals was pretty awesome. I was ******** myself the closer we got to Maualuga. I wanted us to take Duke Robinson later in the draft, though.

RaiderNation
10-24-2009, 04:02 PM
I wanted Calvin Johnson..... we got a dlinemen playing QB

Raiderz4Life
10-24-2009, 04:16 PM
I wanted Calvin Johnson..... we got a dlinemen playing QB

I wanted Johnson as well....or Fitz or Cutler or any of the horde of ace players the raiders passed over for busts cuz they had impressive physiques

Rosebud
10-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Only pick I really disagreed with is Aaron Ross over Chris Houston, but Ross stepped in as a rookie on a superbowl bound team and I'm not sure Houston could've done the same.

DeepThreat
10-24-2009, 04:34 PM
06 - I wanted Ngata.

07 - I wanted Joe Thomas.

08 - I liked our trades. Don't hate on Williams, he's been a good end for us. And he was a tackle in Green Bay.

09 - I like our trades.

neko4
10-24-2009, 04:42 PM
2007 Draft: JUSTIN HARRELL OH GAWD NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_dBns0i2vw (language)
Im not doubting that Harrell could be a good player, but he cant stay healthy.
I dont really remember what we needed that draft, but I think Olsen or Miller wouldve made decent picks, even though Donald Lee ended up having a nice season.

The Unseen
10-24-2009, 04:48 PM
06- Marcedes was good enough for me. Although I really wanted MJD and was glad we got him.

07- I wanted Darrelle Revis, but of course he was gone. I kinda wanted Brady Quinn but I was glad with Reggie Nelson

08- grumble grumble. weird move. I liked the trade because it was fair, but that doesn't count for anything now

09- I liked Monroe, but I was tempted by Crabtree. It's a good pick so far because Monroe is progressing well and we have a good WR corps now.

Thumper
10-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Haha I'm new at following the draft so...

2006- I was enamored with Chad Greenway, Haloti Ngata and Michael Huff for the Eagles who were picking just outside the top 10 if I remembered correctly and they got Brodrick Bunkley who is the third best 4-3 NT in the NFC behind Pat Williams and Big Albert Haynesworth. Bunkley has turned out great so I am happy.

2007- Haha I wanted Michael Griffin or Brandon Meriweather and who do I get? Kevin Kolb after trading out of the first.

2008- I REALLY wanted a LT after the whole Winston Justice debacle. I really like Ryan Clady and wanted to trade up to get him and if they didn't trade up for him I liked Chris Williams. After they had both gone off the board I was 100% sure that Otah was going to be the pick. I was also a big proponent of Felix Jones and Chris Johnson who I wanted to have to replace Westbrook. Instead the Eagles traded down and got DeSean Jackson in the second round.

2009- I REALLY want Knowshon Moreno, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt or Louis Delmas but instead Maclin slid and the Eagles snatched him up, I was thrilled.

The past 3 drafts I have yelled at my TV in 2007 I yelled at the Titans when they took Griffin and when the Eagles traded with the Cowboys, in 2008 I yelled at Andy for trading out of the first again when Jeff Otah was there for the taking and in 2009 I got super ticked when the Broncos took Moreno I was calling Josh McDaniels an idiot for screwing up the Eagles draft and drafting a RB when they already had a bunch of them.

Shane P. Hallam
10-24-2009, 05:07 PM
I wasn't planning on it, but I'll try:

1999 - Steelers drafted: WR Troy Edwards. I wanted Troy Edwards. We needed a big time WR, and I thought he was it. I even went out and bought his jersey. I wear it once a wear after a big Steeler loss.

2000 - Steelers drafted: Plaxico Burress. I actually wanted Deltha O'Neal as our corners needed some work. I guess we made the right choice ultimately.

2001 - Steelers drafted: Casey Hampton. I was very cool with that, and it was who I wanted when push came to shove, though I was a bigger fan of Marcus Stroud who went before our pick.

2002 - Steelers drafted: Kendall Simmons. I actually wanted Tank Williams at that point, wasn't a big fan of the safety play of the Steelers. Ultimately, Ed Reed was the guy I wanted for us (no joke,) and the Ravens got him before us.

2003 - Steelers drafted Troy Polamalu. That was who I wanted as well. We traded up for him, he was our target, needed that SS bad at this point.

2004 - Steelers drafted Ben Roethlisberger. REALLY wanted Ben, he was my #1 rated prospect at that time. Would have been happy with Dunta. Bills actually tried to trade up with the Texans for Ben, but the Texans declined because we would have then taken Dunta. Bills ended up with JP Losman. We also traded up in the second, I thought we were going for Ben Troupe, I was so pumped. Instead we got stupid Ricardo Colclough.

2005 - Steelers drafted Heath Miller. Very expected, and I wanted him. Also really wanted David Bass, would have been happy with him.

2006 - Steelers drafted Santonio Holmes. Obviously, I wanted him. Would have been happy with Chad Jackson as well.

2007 - Steelers drafted Lawrence Timmons. REALLY didn't want him. Hoping for Darrelle Revis, he went a pick above us, so I ultimately would have taken Ugoh or Staley.

2008 - Steelers drafted Rashard Mendenhall. Was fine with BPA, but at that time wanted either Jenkins, Cason, Porter, or Flowers.

2009 - Steelers drafted Ziggy Hood. I wanted Eben Britton.
2006 -

DoughBoy
10-24-2009, 05:11 PM
I wanted Steve Smith over Chris Henry in the 07 draft.

TaylorMade
10-24-2009, 05:21 PM
2004 - I wanted Sean Taylor BAD. This was one of the only times I was really big on a first round prospect that the Skins could have gotten.
2005 - I wanted Mike Williams (WR). The team grabbed Carlos Rogers. Oops! I wanted Roddy White, and the team grabbed Jason Campbell.
2006 - I wanted to get Rocky McIntosh and the team traded up to get him.
2007 - I wanted Jamaal Anderson, and the team grabbed LaRon Landry. Big-time Oops.
2008 - I wanted the team to stay and pick up Lawrence Jackson. Instead they traded down to get Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly.
2009 - I wanted Michael Oher. They grabbed Brian Orakpo.

Grizzlegom
10-24-2009, 05:55 PM
2001: I wanted Drew Brees, we took Jamar Fletcher because "Brees is no better than Jay Fiedler"
2002: Traded first rounder for Ricky Williams, loved it. Only had a few picks but I loved the Seth McKinney and Randy McMichael picks.
2003: Saints got our first rounder again because of Ricky winning the rushing title, I hated that we traded two first rounders for him but i was still ok with it. First pick was Eddie Moore though, really wanted Anquan Boldin or Anthony Adams.
2004: Moved up to get Vernon Carey who is exactly who I wanted although didn't like giving up a fourth rounder to move up one spot. Was also one of the few that loved the A.J. Feeley trade but he never got a legit chance thanks to Wandstache's man-crush on Jay Fiedler.
2005: Drafted Ronnie Brown but wanted either Benson or Braylon, turns out I was wrong. Loved the Matt Roth and Channing Crowder picks in rounds 2 and 3 though.
2006: Drafted Jason Allen. I wanted pretty much anyone else but Bobby Carpenter was the one i wanted the most, turns out would have been bad either way.
2007: Wanted Brady Quinn more than anything, took the Ted Ginn Family instead. After Ginn I really wanted either Kevin Kolb or Drew Stanton in the second round, Kolb went before us and we took John Beck over Drew Stanton. Also really wanted Jeremy Kapinos in the seventh to be our new punter but we took Brandon Fields instead.
2008: Wanted either Jake or Chris Long, was happy with either. Hated the Henne pick and didn't really like any QBs in this draft save for Flacco and Brennan but its turned out alright so far.
2009: Wanted Vontae Davis, got Vontae Davis. Hated the Pat White pick and was actually hoping for Tyler Lorenzen in the seventh to try him as a wildcat QB if we insisted on taking one.

NIN1984
10-24-2009, 05:56 PM
02. all I remember was wanting Ed Reed.

03. I wanted Chris Simms and Willis McGahee :)

04. I wanted Eli Manning but I was happy with Gallery.

05. I wanted Derrick Johnson

06. I wanted Matt Leinart

07. I wanted Russell or Quinn, Again I was so sick of passing on QBs while we had guys like Tui, Collins, Walter and Brooks playing QB.

08. I wanted Jake Long but he went #1 overall, I was happy with McFadden.

09. I wanted Michael Oher. After reading the Blind side I was a huge fan.

Ravens1991
10-24-2009, 06:05 PM
2006-I wanted Haloti and thank goodness we got him. in the 2nd round I wanted Ko simpson but Chester is the starting guard on a elite OL so I cant complain.
2007-I wanted Ben Grubbs, I loved his athletic ability and size, we tok Grubbs
2008-I wanted Mike Jenkins, I was slightly upset we took Flacco. I also hated the Rice pick, I was wrong you can make a case they are our 2 best players
2009-I wanted Rey Malugala or Nicks/Britt, but I had no idea that Oher would slip I am really glad we took him.

Marino13
10-24-2009, 06:17 PM
2001-I wanted Drew Brees or Chad Johnson but we got Jamar Fletcher... ugh

2002-No first but I was cool with what we got. We did get a couple good years out of McMichael.

2003-Actually wanted Tyrone Calico or Victor Hobson. Got Eddie Moore... ugh

2004-Wanted Shawn Andrews, and that's obvious who we were going for but the Iggles traded up. After that I wanted Vince Wilfork or Chris Snee, but we took Vernon Carey. Carey is a solid player, but hated trading up one pick for him.

2005-Wanted either Ronnie Brown, Alex Smith, or Braylon Edwards. Was leaning towards Ronnie because we didn't know if Ricky would be back or not. Also loved Matt Roth and Channing Crowder picks. 3 solid players, but Roth and Crowder could be upgraded.

2006-Wanted Donte Whitner and the Bills took him. Then I wanted Manny Lawson. We took Jason Allen. Ugh...

2007-Originally wanted Brady Quinn, but by draft day I wanted Patrick Willis or Adam Carriker. We took Ted Ginn. I was pissed at the time, and Teddy still frustrates me, but he's not too bad. The rest of the draft I loved, but for all but 3 players are gone (Ginn, Solia, and Fields)

2008-Wanted one of the Longs. Loved getting Merling and Langford as well.

2009-Wanted Rey Mauluga, Darius Butler, or Sean Smith in round 1. We got Vontae Davis (who I completely forgot was on the board) which I was ok with. Wasn't a fan of Pat White. Actually wanted Paul Kruger, or Connor Barwin. Loved getting Smith so late in round 2. Wasn't thrilled with Turner or Hartline (couldn't tell you who I wanted, but just not them). Couldn't care less with the rest, but I had never heard of any of the other guys.

Timbathia
10-24-2009, 07:21 PM
2007 Draft: JUSTIN HARRELL OH GAWD NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_dBns0i2vw (language)
Im not doubting that Harrell could be a good player, but he cant stay healthy.
I dont really remember what we needed that draft, but I think Olsen or Miller wouldve made decent picks, even though Donald Lee ended up having a nice season.

Apparently Shanahan would have taken Harrell if he were still there a pick later instead of Jarvis Moss. That man should not be allowed to draft defensive players if he ever gets a coaching gig again.

Thecollegedropout
10-24-2009, 08:26 PM
2006- Woulden't have minded Bush but in no trade up. Would have been fine with D'Brick, Cutler, Leinart. Got D'Brick. No complaints. Was cool with Mangold, who looked like a surefire lock there. Loved the Abraham deal, send a guy who didn't want to be here and a guy who would never play in the playoffs out of town. Didn't love or hate Clemens but I was hoping LenDale White would have fell. Did want MJD though under those circumstances though, he was sick at UCLA.

2007- Since I didn't have any clue we would do a draft day trade, at 25 I wanted Woodley. Badly. If we got Greg Olsen I wanted to punch someone, wanted no part of him on that day. Deal up for Revis was awesome though, liked it then. Like it now. Was hoping Jarrett would have fell to us in round 2 but we got David Harris so lets chalk that one up under the glad I didn't get my wish department.

2008- Since McFadden was taken, I wanted and had gotten Gholston. So no complaints there. Wanted Kelly or Devin Thomas in the 2nd round but we traded up for Keller at the time. Wasn't sure of the move since I liked Chris Baker but Keller isn't such a bad guy

2009- Was hoping Maclin would fall to us(And he did had we stayed in our spot) but we dealt up for Sanchez and I was A-OK for the move after I saw what was given up. Was questionable to deal more picks for Shonn Greene though, I wanted a Wide Out there. Ramses Barden I think was the guy I was hoping we'd nab to open up Day 2.

Bengalsrocket
10-24-2009, 08:48 PM
The only big one I can think of was round 2 of the 2008 draft, we got Jerome Simpson but I wanted DeSean Jackson or Limas Sweed.

Speaking of which, I remember a few Saints fans trying to rub it in our face that they got Sedrick Ellis that year, but I was, and currently still am, glad that we didn't trade up for him because Keith Rivers is the man. That's not to say that I thought Ellis was a bad pick, it just wasn't as big of a need for us.

wordofi
10-24-2009, 09:15 PM
I was just sitting around bored watching these big 10 games and I was wondering how much different your teams would be if you were drafting.

For me there would have been no Joe Thomas, there would have been no Brady Quinn, it would have been a completely different franchise as far as first and second round picks went.

2006 - This is where the Browns would have changed a lot compared to what we actually did... I wanted Haloti Ngata in round one and Marcus McNeil in round two. Yeah McNeil went 50th overall and we were picking 34th but I still remembering thinking that he would be amazing in the pros. I also wanted Jones-Drew but I don't know how he would have turned out in Cleveland.

2007 - We would have had McNeil in place and we wouldn't have needed to go Joe Thomas third overall... I remember wanting to draft Adrian Peterson but we signed Jamal Lewis and I knew that was the end to that. I still would have done the trade for Brady Quinn, I believed it was right at the time. Quinn could still pan out he just really needs to fix some flaws in his game.

2008 - Couldn't really do anything with this draft... Browns didn't have a pick for the first three picks because we traded for a 4-3 end and put him in the 3-4.

2009 - With the 5th pick I would have wanted a lot more than what we got from the Jets... We got David Veikune in that trade and I'm not sure if he has even seen the field besides special teams, as well as Alex Mack (very good player) and Abe Elam as well as some stop gap players... Anyways, if we had the 5th pick I would have selected Crabtree and put him opposite Braylon Edwards, I think that would have provided a huge boost to our offense. Then with the 36th pick I would have wanted to take Ray Malaluga and with the 50th pick Lesean McCoy or Phil Loadholt to put at right tackle.

EDIT : Oh yeah, we wouldn't have had the 50th pick because I never would have traded Kellen Winslow... Imagine an offense with Edwards/Crabtree/Winslow... **** the Browns

How are you angry over the Thomas pick?

7-11
10-24-2009, 09:29 PM
How are you angry over the Thomas pick?

Don't think he's angry about it, it's just that he would have drafted McNeil the year before and would've had no need for a left tackle with the #3 overall pick.

This isn't a 20/20 exercise, just what you wanted on the day.

WMD
10-24-2009, 09:37 PM
2004 Round 1, #6 - WR Roy Williams
Wanted: Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow
Both were picked ahead of us, I was very happy with what we got in the trade down but naturally, none of the picks turned out.

2004 Round 1, #30 - RB Kevin Jones
Wanted: Ben Watson, Ben Troupe, Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell
When I saw that we traded for the pick, I was thinking we'd select one of those four. I didn't have anything against any of them. Liked the pick quite a bit.

2005 Round 1, #10 - WR Mike Williams
Wanted: Antrel Rolle, Derrick Johnson, Erasmus James
Anybody else in the draft would've been a better pick. I hated it.

2006 Round 1, #9 - LB Ernie Sims
Wanted: Michael Huff, Vernon Davis
I was worried that we'd select Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler.. I didn't want either. I was glad that we picked Ernie Sims.

2006 Round 2, #40 - S Daniel Bullocks
Wanted: Mathias Kiwanuka, Jimmy Williams, Winston Justice, Roman Harper
If I remember correctly, Kiwi, Jimmy Williams and Winston all had pretty big draft day falls. I was hoping they'd make it to our Round 2 pick. Not disappointed with the Daniel Bullocks pick.

2007 Round 1, #2 - WR Calvin Johnson
Wanted: Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis
I wanted Willis very bad. I would've loved a trade down for him. Nervous when Oakland came up to the podium and my day was made when they selected JaMarcus. I wasn't a big fan of Gaines Adams so I'm glad we didn't make a move for him.

2007 Round 2, #43 - QB Drew Stanton
Wanted: LaMarr Woodley, David Harris, Victor Abiamiri, Josh Wilson
What a disaster, I did not want Drew freakin Stanton.

2007 Round 2, #58 - DE Ikaika Alama-Francis
Wanted: Victor Abiamiri, Quentin Moses, Marcus McCauley
I hated that we traded up one spot AFTER Abiamiri went. I was indifferent to this pick.

2007 Round 2, #61 - S Gerald Alexander
Wanted: Quentin Moses, Marcus McCauley, Dante Hughes, Charles Johnson
I don't recall ever hearing of Gerald Alexander before we picked him. At this point I was lost, wondering what was going on with our draft. Bah.

2008 Round 1, #17 - OT Gosder Cherilus
Wanted: Derrick Harvey, Jerod Mayo, Jonathan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Williams, Branden Albert
I hated this pick. I came around to it, and he's solid enough now.. but.. still.. GOSDER?

2008 Round 2, #45 - LB Jordon Dizon
Wanted: Calais Campbell, Matt Forte, Brandon Flowers, Curtis Lofton, Quentin Groves
This pick disgusted me, I completely hated it. I look forward to the draft all year and we came away with Gosder and Jordon. Ugh.

2009 Round 1, #1 - QB Matt Stafford
Wanted: Matt Stafford
Loved the pick of course. Did not want Jason Smith or Aaron Curry. I was relieved when we signed him prior to the draft, I couldn't stand the thought of selecting Aaron Curry #1.

2009 Round 1, #20 - TE Brandon Pettigrew
Wanted: Michael Oher, Rey Maualuga, Vontae Davis, Ziggy Hood
Was not a fan of the pick at first.. I've came around to it though.

2009 Round 2, #33 - S Louis Delmas
Wanted: Rey Maualuga, Darius Butler, Everette Brown
Satisfying pick. Nothing against it.. I had my hopes up for Maualuga, but Delmas was a fine pick.

wonderbredd24
10-24-2009, 09:42 PM
No way to prove and no reason for anyone to believe me, but I wanted Michael Roos out of Eastern Washington

bearsfan_51
10-24-2009, 10:15 PM
2005, 1st round, 4th pick- Cedric Benson, RB
Wanted: Braylon Edwards, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson
-Unfortunately, the two guys I wanted went before Benson. I preferred Benson to Cadillac Williams, but wasn't crazy about having that pick in general.

2005, 2nd round pick, pick #39- Mark Bradley, WR
Wanted: Brodney Pool, Khalif Barnes, Roscoe Parrish
-None of these three would have been great picks, but they would have been better than Bradley.

2006, 1st round, pick #26- traded for Danieal Manning and Dusty Dvoracek
Wanted: Santonio Holmes, Marcedes Lewis, Sinorice Moss
-Holmes, once again, went 1 pick before ours. Danieal Manning has been better than my other two guys.

2006, 2nd round, pick #57- Devin Hester, WR
Wanted: Greg Jennings, Richard Marshall, Eric Winston
- I did not want Devin Hester. I am stupid.

2007, 1st round, pick #30- Greg Olsen, TE
Wanted: Greg Olsen, Joe Staley
-Slam dunk. I didn't think Olsen would fall to us, but I pooped myself when he did.

2007, 2nd round, pick #62- Dan Bazuin, DE
Wanted: Brandon Mebane
-Stupid Dan Bazuin. Brandon Mebane was taken 23 picks later, and is having a great career.

2008, 1st round, pick #14- Chris Williams, OT
Wanted: Jeff Otah, Chris Williams
-I would have been fine with either. I did not want Brandon Albert.

2008, 2nd round, pick #44- Matt Forte, RB
Wanted: Desean Jackson, Matt Forte
-Another win-win situation.

RufusMcDaniel
10-24-2009, 11:07 PM
I've been generally satisfied with first rounders...I wanted Pacman, VY, Griffin and Britt.

I was actually pretty disgusted when I heard we took Chris Johnson, and almost had a heart attack when ESPN showed Chris Wells on the phone during the Titans pick.

DoughBoy
10-25-2009, 01:11 AM
2006 1st round pick- Vince Young
Wanted: Jay Cutler,Vince Young

I was holding out hope that the saints would pass on Bush, but I was thrilled when we took Vince...not so much now.

2006 2nd round- LenDale White

Wanted LenDale the whole time and I **** myself when we got him. He has been okay for us.

2007 1st round- Michael Griffin
Wanted:Robert Meachem, Dwayne Bowe

I was suprised by this pick, but okay with it and I still am. I REALLY wanted Bowe though.

2007 2nd Round- Chris Henry (RB)
Wanted: Steve Smith or Eric Wright

I hated this pick! We drafted a running back a year before and this guy never did **** in college. Never ended doing much in the NFL. Steve or Eric would have been great Picks.

2007 Round 3- Paul Williams
Wanted-Tank Tyler or Jonnie Lee Higgins

This pick sucked then and it sucks now. I stopped watching the draft at this point. Tank and Jonnie have had good careers.

2008-1st Round-Chris Johnson
Wanted anyone but Chris. Mainly-Devin Thomas, Malcome Kelly.

I remember prior to this the Titans making the pick chanting: NOT CHRIS JOHNSON, NOT CHRIS JOHNSON. Boy was I pissed.

2008 Round 2- Jason Jones
Wanted-Sweed, Doucet, Earl Bennett

******* pissed we did not take a reciver. I wanted us to trade up for Sweed but the Steelers stole him. Earl was the pick I wanted us to make after Sweed was picked. We got Jason, who is great when healthy.

2009- 1st Round- Kenny Britt
Wanted-Rey Maualuga, Sean Smith, Clint Sintim

If I thought we would pick a WR, Kenny would be on the list. Loved this pick when it was made, I almost cried.

2009 2nd Round-SenDerrick Marks
Wanted- Shawn Nelson, Jared Cook, Roy Miller, D.J Moore.
This pick was a head scratcher at the time. But I was so happy we picked Kenny I didn't even care.

Monomach
10-25-2009, 01:18 AM
For first rounders since I started really seriously following the draft:
2005: Wanted Aaron Rodgers, got Cedric Benson.

2006: Wanted Santonio Holmes reeeeeally badly. He was taken one pick before us. I threw things. We traded out of the first. I was so angry at the Steelers, I didn't care.

2007: Greg Olsen was the no-brainer. I was psyched. Didn't imagine he'd fall to us there.

2008: wanted Ryan Clady or Brandon Albert, took Chris Williams. Wasn't disappointed. Coulda lived with any of these or Otah.

2009: Wanted Cutler, got Cutler. Had we kept Orton and the pick, I would have been pretty jazzed to see Oher on the board (duh).

aNYtitan
10-25-2009, 09:44 AM
2005 Round 1, #6 - Adam "Pacman" Jones
Wanted: Antrel Rolle, Mike Williams, Carlos Rogers
Looking back on it, either of the two top corners would have been better. Though Rolle wouldn't have been a good one considering he moved to safety. Sadly, wanted Mike Williams the most though. God I eventualkly like this pick until he just decided to do stupid **** and get himself ostracized out of the league.

2006 Round 1, #3 - Vince Young
Wanted: Vince Young
Enamored after that incredible Rose Bowl performance. Looking back, we probably should have drafted Cutler.

2007 Round 1, #19 - Michael Griffin
Wanted: Robert Meachem, Sidney Rice, Dwayne Jarrett
Didn't like the pick at first, love it now considering the others have yet to produce at a Pro Bowl level.

2008 Round 1, #24 - Chris Johnson
Wanted: Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, DeSean Jackson
Hated the pick at first, would have meant we drafted 3 RB's in 3 consecutive drafts in the first 2 rounds. Also means we would have drafted another workout warrior. God, I was so wrong.

2009 Round 1, # 30 - Kenny Britt
Wanted: Kenny Britt, Rey Maualuga
Too early to call, but I loved it when we drafted this guy. After years of passing on this damn position, we drafted probably the guy with the best skills out of any of the previous possible draftees.

SenorGato
10-25-2009, 10:00 AM
In '06 I wanted Cutler, but I'm down with D'Brick and Mangold. It's later when we don't pick MJD (Clemens), Gocong (I like him), and Gabe Watson because we had no 3-4 DL at the time.

In '07 we got Revis and Harris...only thing I'd change is getting Woodley instead. I still swear we gave the Steelers Woodley for taking Revis right from them.

In '08 there was Gholston...ah Vernon Gholston. Some of the guys I wanted in this draft include Chilo Rachal, Jason Jones, and Kendall Langford. I really liked all 3 of those guys...Tavares Gooden would have been nice as a developmental LBer. Also liked Kyle Moore alot as a developmental DL.

'09 I really liked Maclin. If he stays healthy he'll be dangerous for the Eagles. I wanted McCoy in the 2nd, but I realized how improbable that was.

Monomach
10-26-2009, 12:50 AM
This thread really punctuates how horrible the 2005 class was.

Jughead10
10-26-2009, 01:04 AM
2005- Wanted Tuck in the second round. Got him in the third and Webster in the second, so can't complain.

2006- Loved Demeco Ryans. Still not crazy about this draft. Would have loved to either have Santonio Holmes or Demeco Ryans on that Giants right now.

2007-Going back in the Giants thread, I had this draft for us. Would have had to trade up for Revis but I wanted him so bad.

1. Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
2. Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio St/Steve Smith WR USC
3. Stewart Bradley OLB Nebraska/Justin Durant OLB Hampton
4. Darius Walker RB Notre Dame
5. Jay Alford DT Penn St
6. Tyler Ecker TE Michigan

Can't complain with our 2007 draft. It was excellent and we ended up getting two of the guys on my list anyway. Walker and Ecker ended up being nothings so I'm glad Reese is our GM and not me.

fenikz
10-26-2009, 01:14 AM
I wanted Suggs > Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace and I wanted AD > Levi Brown, I was right on both occasions

Bengals78
10-26-2009, 01:21 AM
I wanted someone in the 2005 draft who wouldn't get arrested, a broken neck or get hooked on drugs instead of phonics

SenorGato
10-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Oh man did I want Tuck in '05.

Still, nothing beats recent Jets drafts like when the Texans and anyone in the top 3 refused to let us get Andre Johnson in '03.

RaiderNation
10-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Only went to 2004 since thats when I started getting into the NFL draft and all this good stuff

2009 Draft
Round 1 WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
Wanted: Crabtree, Maclin, Monroe or trade down

Pretty obvious to why I didnt like this pick, Maclin is playing good and Crabtree made a impact today. Would be great to have Monroe and Henderson as 2 young OT's

Round 1 RB Darren McFadden
Wanted: Darren McFadden
I was really happy when we drafted him, thought he would make a impact Reggie Bush should have made. Now he is injury prone and has only had 1 great game

Round 1 QB JaMarcus Russell
Wanted: Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson
I had a feeling Russell wasnt going to be good and well look at him now. I remember watching AP as a freshman and said he was a future NFL RB. I remember watching highlights on youtube for CJ and nearly ejaculated

Round 1 FS Michael Huff
Wanted: Matt Lienart, Jay Cutler
I remember sitting on my couch, seeing Lienart there and thought man I am going to buy his jersey soon. Huff is now starting to play good

Round 1 CB Fabian Washington
Wanted: Aaron Rodgers
Rodgers is a Chico,Ca native and my Dad went to college there and just hearing about Chico made me want him. Also the fact he went to Cal would have been cool since he would have alot of support.

Round1: OT/OG Robert Gallery
Wanted: Gallery, Fitzgerald
Thought we got our future LT that we could build around. Also wanted Fitz since Rice and Brown were gone.

wicket
10-26-2009, 05:22 AM
2009:
1st I wanted the saints to trade down. apparently they tried but they couldnt find a taker. I wanted Jenkins as a safety cuz i didnt see him starting over greer and porter. I stand by that but Jenkins was the right choice at that point.
4th I never really considered chip vaughn cuz i didnt expect him to fall but I was fine with the pick when it happened. I however REALLY wanted Gerald McRath over Stanley Arnoux, that still bumms me. I think McRath would have been playing a lot by now already.
5th I just didnt wanna trade up for a punter. But the kid is doing really good so I guess I should be okay with it.

2008. Outside of Mehlaff they drafted everyone I wanted. I know I was so psyched when they got nicks and pressley in the fifth. Loved the trade up for ellis and had a mancrush on porter. This draft was pure gold.

I wasnt thrilled about maechem cuz I wanted greg Olsen
I was fine with usama young
I wanted Marvin White or LeRoy Harris over Pittman
Was fine with Bushrod

Wanted Bush and got him
I was fine with Roman Harper
I didnt know what to think of the Jahri Evans pick

Gay Ork Wang
10-26-2009, 06:34 AM
I wanted to win yesterday. I got one of the most embarrassing losses ever

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-26-2009, 10:21 AM
2005: Anyone but Mike Williams and Millen tarred and feathered

2006: Sims at the time fit in the Tampa 2 but I wanted Deuce Luitui over Daniel Bullocks in the 2nd. Still looking for that guard. Oh and Millen tarred and feathered.

2007: Calvin thank you Jesus, but the 2nd Round was an abortion of epic proportion. Trade back instead of taking Posluzny(didn't really fit Tampa 2) but I know he's a gamer. Also wanted Justin Blalock too, still looking for that left guard. Then we trade back, could have had David Harris but we take Stanton. Trade back into 2nd and take Alama Francis and Gerald Alexander. Three 2nd round picks all a waste. Barf city. Oh and Millen tarred and feather.

2008: Can't complain about Gosder, some people wanted Brandon Albert but the trade back allowed us to get Kevin Smith. I'll allow it not that they run anything by me though. 2nd Round though, more abortion. Jordan Dizon reeeeeeeeeaaaaccchhhhhh. I wanted Dan Connor, can you tell I went to Penn State or Calais Campbell. Seriously I had to witness 3 years of Paris Lenon as the starting Mike Linebacker. I should get an award for that. Oh and Millen tarred and feathered.

2009: Have to admit I wanted Maualaga over Pettigrew but when we got Larry Foote the next day I was happy. Some people wanted Oher but we'll see what we get next year at Left Tackle. Stud LT from 2010,Gosder and Pettigrew equals awesome outside blocking for many years. I like Mayhew so far. No tars and feathers for him but Millen if you see him you know what to do. Home Alone style.

Brent
10-26-2009, 10:24 AM
What i wanted: Steven Jackson

What i got: Shaft.

That was by far one of the ugliest drafts i've ever seen a team make. Jacob Rogers, Julia Jones, Stephen Peterman, Bruce Thornton, Sean Ryan and Nathan Jones. We did get Patrick Crayton in the 7th, but i don't think that was anywhere near enough to salvage that abortion of a draft.
I remember watching that going, "Jackson is a perfect fit for them" then they traded back and took Jones. I said to myself, "what a jackass"

Oh, and to the original topic: Aaron Rodgers in '05, and Kenny Phillips in '08.

Bills2083
10-26-2009, 10:34 AM
2007 NFL Draft -
What I wanted: 1. Adrian Peterson 2.Patrick Willis 3.Marshawn Lynch
What I got: Marshawn Lynch
I, like almost every football fan felt that Peterson would be the better of the two backs. Now, it's pretty obvious that he is considering he's the best in all of football. I thought Patrick Willis had all the tools to be a great player. And he is.

2nd Round:
What I wanted: Paul Posluszny
What I got: Paul Posluszny

3rd Round:
What I wanted: Daymeion Hughes
What I got: Trent Edwards

2006 NFL Draft -
What I wanted - Haloti Ngata, Brodrick Bunkley
What I got - Donte Whitner
Many Bills fans were split on who they wanted - Bunkley, Ngata, and Winston Justice.
I was a huge Ngata fan. Our run defense sucked and I wanted to fix it. But instead we have Donte 'Pile Jumper' Whitner. :mad:

2nd Round -
When I saw we traded up, I though it was going to be for...
Winston Justice, or Nick Mangold

What I got - John McCargo :(

josh07039
10-26-2009, 11:07 AM
2002-Wanted Ed Reed-got bryan Thomas
2003-I was a ****** and kinda liked the D-Rob pick. I thought he would shore up the middle of the defense for years.
2004-I liked getting Vilma. You can't say no to a Miami defender.
2005-I liked the Justin Miller pick but I would have preferred to stay where we were and take Heath Miller.Also, I'm still a little disgusted about taking a kicker in the second.
2006-I think every Jets fan wanted Dbrick. In the second I was happy with Clemens. I kinda wanted MJD, but mostly because of keak.
2007-I was hoping for Quinn. Thank god I wasn't in charge. I love you Darelle Revis. In the second I wanted Brian Leonard for obvious reasons, but even at the time I recognized Harris was the right pick.
2008-Wanted to trade down, but Gholston was the guy I wanted at that spot.
2009- Liked the trade up for Sanchez. If we had stayed in our spot, I wanted Britt.

wogitalia
10-26-2009, 11:28 AM
I started following the draft with any real passion back in 2005 so here goes...

2005 - I really wanted Braylon Edwards but he was gone. Wanted Mike Williams secondly and Pacman third, we draft Troy Williamson, that top 10 is just so full of fail though...

2nd first I was happy with James, was hoping Brown would fall, when Rodgers was still available there I really wanted him the most. Alex Barron was the third guy I wanted. The Rodgers one certainly hurts the most in hindsight.

2006 - I really wanted Bush, Ferguson, Hawk or Huff but none of them fell. Also wanted Wimbley and NGata who didn't make it to our pick. At the pick I wanted Maroney or Holmes. Was perfectly satisfied with the Greenway pick though, thought it was a safe pick, has so far been just that. I also really wanted us to trade up for Mangold when he was lingering at the end of the first.

2007 - Wanted Calvin more than anyone. Also liked Timmons, Willis, Okoye and Landry. Liked Peterson but his injury history had me really scared of him. Glad I was wrong there and that we picked who we did. I really wanted Jarrett or Woodley in the 2nd but has also happy with Rice, I try and imagine how scary our DL would be with Woodley opposite the Wall and Allen, then again, with the way Rice is playing that pick looks great.

2008 - We traded the first for Allen, I liked the move. I remember really liking Calais Campbell in the 2nd. Also Malcolm Kelly, Ray Rice and Chad Henne. Was ok with Johnson but certainly not excited.

2009 - Was hoping like hell that one of Maclin and Oher would fall to us(of the guys that actually could have). Was a half pace away from furious when we didn't take Oher for Harvin whose red flag covered status had me very concerned. He has so far been brilliant but I will forever hold my breath on him. Would have liked to move up to get Maualuga or Laurinaitis when they free fell to the 2nd as insurance and because I'm not a big Leber fan. Was delighted when Loadholt fell to us. Asher Allen was a real wtf pick to me but I have an irrational fandom for McCauley. Wouldn't have minded taking a chance on Nate Davis also.

SuperMcGee
10-26-2009, 12:42 PM
2007 NFL Draft -
What I wanted: 1. Adrian Peterson 2.Patrick Willis 3.Marshawn Lynch
What I got: Marshawn Lynch
I, like almost every football fan felt that Peterson would be the better of the two backs. Now, it's pretty obvious that he is considering he's the best in all of football. I thought Patrick Willis had all the tools to be a great player. And he is.

2nd Round:
What I wanted: Paul Posluszny
What I got: Paul Posluszny

3rd Round:
What I wanted: Daymeion Hughes
What I got: Trent Edwards

2006 NFL Draft -
What I wanted - Haloti Ngata, Brodrick Bunkley
What I got - Donte Whitner
Many Bills fans were split on who they wanted - Bunkley, Ngata, and Winston Justice.
I was a huge Ngata fan. Our run defense sucked and I wanted to fix it. But instead we have Donte 'Pile Jumper' Whitner. :mad:

2nd Round -
When I saw we traded up, I though it was going to be for...
Winston Justice, or Nick Mangold

What I got - John McCargo :(

I feel the exact same way on all of these. Maybe a little less hate on Whitner, though.
Poz was the best pick ever. Considering Peterson and Willis were gone by 12, Lynch-Poz was as good as it got.

That pick HAD to be Winston Justice. It just had to be. Not that it matters now.

I'll try the other years I remember.

Wanted - Roethlisberger. Lee Evans or Michael Jenkins since I knew he wouldn't be there.
Got - Leevans. <3.

Wanted - Not this pick. I was hoping for Schaub or Losman later on; mostly Schaub :(
Got - JP. Oh, JP.

The fact that Schaub was still there at 74 still kills me.
Wanted - Joey Thomas or Chris Cooley. Really hitting on both ends of the scale, there.

Wanted - a first round pick
Got - Worst draft ever

Wanted - Michael Oher, Brian Orakpo
Got - Aaron Maybin

Wanted - James Laurinaitis, Eben Britton, Eric Wood
Got - Eric Wood

Wanted - William Beatty
Got - Jairus Byrd. Awesome.

Wanted - Didn't know we traded for this pick until hours later. Would've wanted Beatty.
Got - Andy Levitre

Wanted - Shawn Nelson
Got - Shawn Nelson

drowe
10-26-2009, 01:08 PM
1999-wanted Aaron Gibson, the OT from Wisconsin. i remember thinking it was a given that the Packers would take him if he fell to 'em...it was my first time watching the entire first round of the draft. We took Antuan Edwards.

2000-wasn't really interested in football this year. crazy year.

2001-Wanted Koren Robinson real bad. Packers took Jamaal Reynolds. I still think K-Rob would've had a much better carreer in GB. still wanted a WR in the second round...and had my heart set on Chris Chambers. Packers took Robert Ferguson. i win. twice.

2002-Still needed a WR. i wanted either Josh Reed or Antonio Bryant. took Javon Walker. He turned out to the most talented. but, injuries and attitude killed his career.

2003-really needed a LB. I wanted EJ Henderson. took Nick Barnett.

2004-hmmm...can't remember who i wanted....but, it wasn't Ahmad Carroll and my guy probably had a better carreer than grabby smurf.

2005-did not want Aaron Rodgers. didn't care who we took. as long as it wasn't him. oops. think i wanted Brodney Pool. oops.

2006-I wanted AJ Hawk badly. that's who we took. I also really wanted Darryn Colledge in the second round.

2007-I wanted Robert Meachem. we took Justin Harrell.
in the second round, i really wanted Sidney Rice. we took Brandon Jackson.

2008-I wanted Dustin Keller. we traded down for Jordy Nelson.

2009-I wanted BJ Raji. that's who we got.

Brothgar
10-26-2009, 02:47 PM
2006 Round 1 -
Who we got: Ernie Sims.
Who I wanted Winston Justice :eek:
Millen actually got one on me here but hey it was my first draft.

2006 Round 2:
Who we got: Dan Bullocks
Who I wanted: Dan Bullocks
I remember being happy with the pick considering we missed out on Whitner and Huff.

2006 Round 3:
Who we got: Brian Calhoun
Who I wanted: Elvis Dummerville
I didn't know much about the draft but I knew Elvis aka Sack Jebus could play football. Highly considered a first rounder at the beginning of the season fell because of height issues.

2006 Round 5:
Who we got: Jonathan Scott
Who I wanted: Jonathan Scott

To Be Continued.

BuckNaked
10-26-2009, 04:05 PM
2006: I was actually very satisfied with the Greenway pick in round one, considering that's where many expected him to fall. I would have liked for us to trade up for Cutler with all the extra picks we had but I'm content with Greenway. I'm just a tad worried with what we'll do at the position after Favre is through playing. In the second round I did like the Cedric Griffin pick actually but was absolutely enraged with the Ryan Cook selection. We ended up absolutely reaching for a center only to inevitably move him over to left tackle. I wanted us to take Marcus McNeill with that selection. I hate Ryan Cook so much. I also would've preferred to not trade up for Tarvaris Jackson when we could have sat back and taken Croyle, and Abdul Hodge whom I really wanted. Though I admit I was very intrigued with Jackson, and still remain to be to this day.

2007: I was actually very happy with our draft selections this year.

2008: I was hoping we'd take Desean Jackson instead of Tyrell Johnson in the second. The Jared Allen trade..superb. I hate John David Booty. So much. I still want Andre Woodson.

2009: I was praying that either Jeremy Maclin or Michael Oher would fall to us in round one. I was so upset when Maclin got taken but Oher was still there and I had figured it to be an obvious selection but nooooooo Childress. Though Harvin has been pretty impressive so far, with his only problem him having a bit of the dropsies. Loadhalt was good considering we took a receiver in the first. I did prefer DJ Moore to Asher Allen in the third though.

DeathbyStat
10-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Bored as hell waiting for class so lets give this a shot. I've been aware of the draft since 1998 so I'll try to start there but I might not be able to remember what my thoughts were back then

1998-This sounds like hindsight but I remember Moss's free fall and was hoping the Steelers would grab him. We got Faneca and Hines Ward in this draft so it worked out.

My Pick-Randy Moss WR

Steeler Pick-Alan Faneca OG

Advantage-Steelers

1999-I have little recollection of this draft. I don't feel that I would have drafted Troy Edwards. Just judging by the prospects that i typically go for I would have drafted Jevon Kearse

My Pick-Jevon Kearse DE

Steelers Pick-Troy Edwards WR

Advantage-ME

2000-I would have drafted Plaxico Burress just as the steelers did in 2000. I want to say that I would have drafted Urlacher who went one pick later but I wouldn't have.

My Pick-Plaxico Burress WR

Steelers Pick-Plaxico Burress WR

Advantage-Push

2001-Im not sure who I would have drafted in this spot hopefully i would have had the sense to draft Casey Hampton. I allways remember our secondary being a weakness so I might have went with Nate Clements

My Pick Nate Clements CB

Steelers Pick-Casey Hampton DT

Advantage-Steelers

2002-Once again not sure what i was thinking at the time but it seems like I wouldn't have drafted Kendall Simmons in all honesty I might have went with Patrick Ramsey because at the time I wasn't a fan of Kordell Stewart

My Pick-Patrick Ramsey QB

Steelers Pick-Kendall Simmons OG

Advantage-Steelers

2003-I know exactly what I felt during this draft. I hated us trading up to draft Troy Polamulu. I thought that we were trading up to draft Larry Johnson. I was wrong

My Pick-Larry Johnson RB

Steelers Pick-Troy Polamalu S

Advantage-Steelers

2004-I wanted BIG BEN and I this isn't revisonist history, I know that for a fact.

My Pick-Ben Roethlisberger QB

Steelers Pick-Ben Roethlisberger QB

Advantage-Push

2005-I wanted either Heath Miller or Matt Jones...alas I really feel that in the end I would have gone with Matt Jones but the Jags picked him before the steelers could so I would have went with Miller..thank god

My Pick-Heath Miller TE

Steelers Pick-Heath Miller TE

Advantage-Push

2006-I hated the Satonio Holmes pick. Really, Really hated it. I would have went with Lendale White

My Pick-Lendale White RB

Steelers Pick-Santonio Holmes WR

Advantage-Steelers

2007-I was warming up to all the talk of the Steelers taking Timmons or Revis but before that I was really into Jarvis Moss. Its a good thing we didn't go that route. The information that i heard from the team helped me ween off of Moss and i was fine with Timmons or Revis by draft day, but if it was just me in charge I might have went for Moss.

My Pick-Jarvis Moss DE

Steelers Pick-Lawrence Timmons

Advantage Steelers

2008-I really liked the Medenhall pick and if he had fallen to me I would have taken him as well.

My Pick-Rashard Mendenhall RB

Steeler Pick-Rashard Mendenhall RB

Advantage-Push

2009-I wasn't a fan of the Ziggy Hood pick and he hasn't done anything yet to make me think it was the right pick. But to be fair he hasn't had that much of an oppurtunity to shine. I would have went with Rey Maualuga. It wasn't a need I just felt he was the best player on the board.

My Pick-Rey Maualuga LB

Steeler-Ziggy Hood DE

Advantage-TBD

DeathbyStat
10-27-2009, 04:40 PM
So my first round picks from a ten year span for the steelers would have been.

1998-Randy Moss

1999-Jevon Kearse

2000-Plaxico Burress

2001-Nate Clements

2002-Patrick Ramsey

2003-Larry Johnson

2004-BIG BEN

2005-Heath Miller

2006-Lendale White

2007-Jarvis Moss

2008-Rashard Medenhall

2009-Rey Maulaga

Looking back I should change the Medenhall pick because of the Lendale White and the Larry Johnson picks that proceded it. I allways wanted another power back to replace Bettis but the steelers seemed to fail to give it me every year, Hence the three first round running backs

vidae
10-27-2009, 04:56 PM
2003: Larry Johnson - I really wanted Troy Polamalu but we traded back with Pittsburgh who took him. LJ was good for two seasons but since then he's been trash and not worth anything.

2005: Derrick Johnson - That's who I wanted. I'm glad we got him at 16th as I wasn't sure he'd be there. He has never lived up to expectations though and isn't starting now.

2006: Tamba Hali - I thought it was way too early for him to go. I wanted either Jonathan Joseph or Kelly Jennings. Hali was okay for a few seasons but he is responding really well to the transition to OLB and is one of the hardest workers we have. I'm glad we took him there.

2007: Dwayne Bowe - I remember really wanting Brady Quinn to fall one more spot so we could take him at 23 until the Browns traded back up to 22 and grabbed him. Bowe is by far our biggest weapon on offense but he has had a case of the drops. Seems to be working hard and will be a good target for Cassel for years.

2008: Glenn Dorsey / Branden Albert - When we picked Dorsey I was pretty pissed we didn't take Branden Albert. 5th might have been a little too high for him but OL was a huge huge weakness and I was confident in him being able to kick out to LT. Got them both in the end. Albert has been very solid and Dorsey was out of position but is playing well at 3-4DE. I think he'll stick there.

2009: Tyson Jackson - Was not ecstatic about this pick to say the least. Wanted Aaron Curry or Eugene Monroe here. Curry is a stud and Monroe would have instantly upgraded the weakest part of our team, especially after paying a lot of money to Cassel. Jackson has looked alright but probably still would have preferred Monroe there.

Brothgar
10-27-2009, 06:14 PM
2006 Round 1 -
Who we got: Ernie Sims.
Who I wanted Winston Justice :eek:
Millen actually got one on me here but hey it was my first draft.

2006 Round 2:
Who we got: Dan Bullocks
Who I wanted: Dan Bullocks
I remember being happy with the pick considering we missed out on Whitner and Huff.

2006 Round 3:
Who we got: Brian Calhoun
Who I wanted: Elvis Dummerville
I didn't know much about the draft but I knew Elvis aka Sack Jebus could play football. Highly considered a first rounder at the beginning of the season fell because of height issues.

2006 Round 5:
Who we got: Jonathan Scott
Who I wanted: Jonathan Scott

To Be Continued.

2007 Round 1:
We got: Calvin Johnson
I wanted: To take that trade with the Bucs for their entire draft and take Gaines Adams. otherwise I wanted Calvin Johnson.

2007 Round 2:
We got : Drew Stanton
I wanted: Drew Stanton
I didn't really like anyone here but I was a fan of Stanton's for him to learn for a few years behind Kitna.

2007 Round 2:
We got: Gerald Alexander
I wanted Gaines Adams.

2007 Round 2:
We got: IAF
I wanted Gaines Adams.

I fully remember the IRC chat that I was on at this pick.
broth223:WTF IS MILLEN DOING!
fellow_draftnick: Trying to make your team better calm down.

2007 Round 4:
We got: A.J. Davis
I wanted: Tanard Jackson

2007 Round 4:
We got: Manny Ramirez
I wanted: Manny Ramirez

2008 Round 1:
We got: Gosder Cherillus
I wanted: To not trade down and get Branden Albert but if the trade had to happen I would have wanted Goz.

2008 Round 2:
We got: Dizon
I wanted Calais Campbell

2008 Round 3:
We got Kevin Smith
I wanted Kevin Smith

2008 Round 3