PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Draft Thread

HEISMANHERSCHEL
10-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Some might think it is too early for a draft thread, but I thought it might be late enough in the season to start one.

At this point, I would say safety would be a strong possiblitily. This is a good year for safeties, all things being equal. But what about running back?

I loved the Steve Slayton pick, and I think he is a nice player. But his fumbles are becoming a liability. What about drafting a runningback in the second or third?

cunningham06
11-03-2009, 08:37 PM
I'd say safety and cornerback in rounds one and two, we really need help with our secondary it's absolutely atrocious. Then I would say our offensive line is what really needs help. We've got some decent pass blockers, but we need people who can open up holes for the running game.

We could definitely use a running back who fumbles less, but that seems like a luxury pick to use in the first round. Fumbling is an easily correctable problem, Tiki Barber had bad problems with fumbles early in his career.

jayceheathman
11-06-2009, 02:57 AM
The 18th pick, at least for now, is a tough spot because the two top safeties will be gone and the two top DT's will also be gone. Joe Haden could also be gone by that point too but I wouldnt mind if he was since I have yet to be able to jump on his bandwagon. We will have to go with best player available most likely since our biggest needs seem to be the biggest needs of the top few teams as well.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
11-21-2009, 05:03 AM
I have to say right now that I will be upset if the texans dont make the playoffs. I am completely okay with the Colts game. They barely got beat by a really good team. That is a good sign.

HorusKing
11-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Look to me running back and offensive line has to be our top priority because the running absolutly sucks and I had my choice the players listed below would be my picks in the first 3 rounds.

#1 - Jahvid Best - Running Back - Perfect fit in the zone blocking scheme.
#2 - Perrish Cox (http://hou.scout.com/a.z?s=116&p=8&c=1&nid=4259580&yr=2010) - CB - Ok. St.
#3 - Jeremy Graham - TE - Miami - With our TE going out it hurt the offense bigtime and we had no replacement

HEISMANHERSCHEL
12-10-2009, 11:57 PM
After watching the Colt's game very closely I have changed my opion. I am not sold on defensive backfield. I am gonna go out of the box for a second.

First round-quarterback. I have no idea who will be considered a first round qb yet. I would lean to Colt McCoy, but only because he is in-state. Which is a horrible reason to draft someone (see Charles Rodgers over Andre Johnson for the Lions.) But right now I would take a shot at a quarterback, all things being equal.

Second round-defensive tackle. I have been intrigued with Boo from Wake Forrest. Not sure how he will stack up once the chips are down. But when I have watched him he has been good.

Third round-running back. There are always good backs in the third round.

This is way ahead. There is no way to tell what will be going on at draft time. But as it sits right now, this is where I would be looking.

jayceheathman
12-11-2009, 03:56 AM
After watching the Colt's game very closely I have changed my opion. I am not sold on defensive backfield. I am gonna go out of the box for a second.

First round-quarterback. I have no idea who will be considered a first round qb yet. I would lean to Colt McCoy, but only because he is in-state. Which is a horrible reason to draft someone (see Charles Rodgers over Andre Johnson for the Lions.) But right now I would take a shot at a quarterback, all things being equal.

Second round-defensive tackle. I have been intrigued with Boo from Wake Forrest. Not sure how he will stack up once the chips are down. But when I have watched him he has been good.

Third round-running back. There are always good backs in the third round.

This is way ahead. There is no way to tell what will be going on at draft time. But as it sits right now, this is where I would be looking.

If it were me I wouldnt go QB. I would try do whatever it takes to get either Taylor Mays, Russell Okung, or Dez Bryant. Our redzone offense is horrendous so it would be nice to have another option other than AJ. Not to mention Dez could always help out on special teams since Jacoby has decided he would sleep in and miss the bus to the airport. Our secondary is bad too and it would be pretty sweet to reunite Cushing with Taylor Mays. We would have some really hard hitters at each level. Our OL has been pathetic as well and especially at run blocking. Slaton, Moats, or Brown barely get any running room.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
01-22-2010, 12:43 AM
The season is over now. I am watching top tier teams play and I notice that every team has one thing-pass rushers.

I hate to say it because a lot of money has been spent over the last few years. But improving the pass rush is a must. I have watched a little game film and it seems to me that with the exception of mario, there is no dominate defensive lineman. I would take the best DL available. Until the DL is improved, this team will hover around .500

So what do you guys think??

Clayton89
01-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Its a shame this is a bad year for corners because that is by far our biggest need. Both lines can use an influx of talent so thats another path if we go safety i would really like Earl Thomas out of Texas just because he fills the need for a rangy playmaker in the secondary and could go around where we pick in the first. Matt Schaub can play, he has some bonehead plays but hes a pro bowler i dont even know why that would even be considered to be honest. And as an avid Miami Hurricanes fan I would be extremely pissed if we waste a draft pick on Jeremy Graham this guy can not catch a cold seriously he had so many huge drops this year its not even funny.

Edit: Perrish Cox would actually be a really great pick if we can get him in the 2nd

jjmt2500
01-22-2010, 06:33 AM
The season is over now. I am watching top tier teams play and I notice that every team has one thing-pass rushers.

I hate to say it because a lot of money has been spent over the last few years. But improving the pass rush is a must. I have watched a little game film and it seems to me that with the exception of mario, there is no dominate defensive lineman. I would take the best DL available. Until the DL is improved, this team will hover around .500

I think if we are in a spot to pick up a good DT we have to do it. Although Smith looked like crap and acted like a idiot for most of the season, the last 4 games or so he was very impressive and it helped our D a lot. Not sure if that will carry over to next year or not. I think Barwin will keep getting better. But Amobi is pretty close to being a bust, and Cody is a back up, unless we can get someone in FA i think the first pick has to be DT

datchapin
01-22-2010, 07:14 PM

I think the biggest upgrade we could get on the line would be a coach. Bill Kollar is known too rely a ton on speed. Hence our smaller DTs. Our techniques aren't really well developed on the line and we have little success with conventional collapsing of the pocket. The Giants just fired their D-line coach. I would be all over him like white on rice in the middle of a snowstorm. Don't see that happening though so I can't see us bringing in a DT that can collapse the pocket and free up our guys. It's my belief that Kollar was fired from Buffalo because of his inability to utilize Marcus Stroud.

Texas Homer
01-23-2010, 08:31 PM
I hope the Texans resign Dunta.

I'm not sure about the 1st round pick. I like the RB Spiller, but I doubt that he will be there when the Texans pick. I don't like any other RB's right now for the 1st round.

I've heard good things about that DT Brian Price from UCLA, but I have no idea if he is good enough to draft at the Texans 1st round spot.

I really like that OG from Idaho, but do you take a OG in the 1st?

I say just take the best player available at the spot. Maybe WR Dez Bryant or FS/CB Earl Thomas. I don't know.

How about this
1st WR Round Dez Bryant
2nd DB Chad Jones LSU
3rd RB Toby Gerhart Stanford
4th Best DT available
5th Best OG available

Clayton89
01-24-2010, 12:00 AM
I hope the Texans resign Dunta.

I'm not sure about the 1st round pick. I like the RB Spiller, but I doubt that he will be there when the Texans pick. I don't like any other RB's right now for the 1st round.

I've heard good things about that DT Brian Price from UCLA, but I have no idea if he is good enough to draft at the Texans 1st round spot.

I really like that OG from Idaho, but do you take a OG in the 1st?

I say just take the best player available at the spot. Maybe WR Dez Bryant or FS/CB Earl Thomas. I don't know.

How about this
1st WR Round Dez Bryant
2nd DB Chad Jones LSU
3rd RB Toby Gerhart Stanford
4th Best DT available
5th Best OG available

other than resigning Dunta I would be pretty happy with that. Were a passing team so RB in the first would be kind of pointless. Price is pretty good but I don't think hell be a first rounder. Mike Iupati is pretty nasty and a good offensive lineman is never a bad pick. I'm a pretty big ravens fan as well and a couple of years ago we drafted Ben Grubbs in the first and like you I kinda questioned the pick but let me tell you its pretty nice not having to worry about that position for the next decade. If Dez Bryant is there when we pick that is pretty great value for probably the biggest playmaker in the draft but like I said earlier I like Earl Thomas alot and would be pretty happy with him in our defensive backfield.

diabsoule
02-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Would you guys be interested in Dan Williams, Sean Weatherspoon, or Brandon Graham if the top safeties and corners are off the board?

cunningham06
02-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Would you guys be interested in Dan Williams, Sean Weatherspoon, or Brandon Graham if the top safeties and corners are off the board?

No to Dan Williams, I do not like his value in the first round. I really like Spoon, but our LB's were the best part of our defense last year, so that pick would surprise me. Brandon Graham I could like though, his lack of size is a concern, but he was a beast at the Senior Bowl.

America
02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
I still think Brandon Graham would be best in a 3-4. Obviously his Senior Bowl performance speaks a lot to his ability to play against top talent, but I don't think the Senior Bowl tackles were really up to par with the best talent in college this year, much less the NFL. He came into college as a big middle linebacker recruit and I think he is best used like Lamarr Woodley in a 34. But still I wouldn't mind if we picked him up, even if it is a reach at our pick. He's just a great football player.

Texas Homer
02-01-2010, 11:31 PM
I like Weatherspoon and Graham A LOT as prospects, but I think the Texans are already set at those positions.

cunningham06
02-02-2010, 12:51 AM
I like Weatherspoon and Graham A LOT as prospects, but I think the Texans are already set at those positions.

You're really happy with Antonio Smith at the DE spot opposite Mario? He's got the ability to be a solid DE, I just feel like he doesn't care and is horribly inconsistent.

Texas Homer
02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
You're really happy with Antonio Smith at the DE spot opposite Mario? He's got the ability to be a solid DE, I just feel like he doesn't care and is horribly inconsistent.We have Connor Barwin at DE as well to go along with Antonio Smith.

I think Brandon Graham is best suited for a 3-4 defense and the Texans run a 4-3(just my opinion).

Yes, I do think though that the Texans really need to find a way to get more pressure on the QB.

datchapin
02-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Scott has us taking Price, the DT in his mock. What do you guys think about Price?

Texas Homer
02-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Scott has us taking Price, the DT in his mock. What do you guys think about Price?

I don't know much about him or DT Dan Williams or the Penn st. DT for that matter.

I've heard that Price is a 1st round talent, but I'm not going to lie....I'm skeptical of taking another DT in the 1st round(Right or Wrong)....and I know DT is a position of need.

What do y'all think of Price?

HEISMANHERSCHEL
02-18-2010, 01:24 AM
I like price. If there is one thing we need I would say that need is a disruptive DL. Price at number 20 is too high, but that is what we need. Oh...the draft.

It so so hard. I think Price is just what the doctor ordered. But on the other hand, he will be there ten picks later. If not twenty. At this point I am saying trade down a few and take him a few spots later.

It is fun to see my comments during the season. Oh how they have changed. DL is a must, unless unbelievable value falls at another position of need.

Untill the DL is upgraded, nothing else matters IMO.

jjmt2500
03-16-2010, 03:01 AM
All along i have been for taking a DT with the first pick, but im just afraid of failing once again at DT. The more I think about it, i would kinda like to see us take Maurkice Pouncey. I like our OTs, but C and G need help. I really dont like Myers. Then 2nd round look at DT or S, i dont think that RB is that big of a need(we are a passing team). It was so annoying listening to Kubs talk all season long that we need the running game to work, it didnt and we had one of the best offenses in the league. I would hate to see us going away from passing as much as we did last year and Pouncey would help give Schaub a few more seconds to throw.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
03-17-2010, 04:58 AM
fix the DL!!! Please!!!!

Someone else get on here. We need more people. We don't have enough opinions on this team site!!!

Anyway-looking at what is available, I am not against taking a safety. Problem is I hate taking a safety this high. I also hate taking ANOTHER DL this high. I don't like taking a small running back this high. I don't want to take another TE, althought that may be the best value.

Best player available at our pick is probably a TE. But no thanks. According to Wright's draft, give me Thomas. Damn it. I hate taking a safety this high!!! I need more input.

The draft is not far away. I need more opinions!!!! Someone give an opinion already....

cunningham06
03-18-2010, 12:20 AM
I have nothing against taking a safety high, they have one of the lower bust frequencies of any position. If we took ET I'd be ecstatic, he is exactly what we need. An Earl Thomas Bernard Pollard duo would be pretty nasty.

jjmt2500
03-19-2010, 02:35 AM
McClain seems to think the Texans will take a RB on the first day of the draft. I just dont see it, maybe cause its never happened.

With Hadens 40 numbers he might fall right into our laps, I would be all for pulling the trigger for him if he falls.

Texas Homer
03-19-2010, 09:23 PM
McClain seems to think the Texans will take a RB on the first day of the draft. I just dont see it, maybe cause its never happened.

With Hadens 40 numbers he might fall right into our laps, I would be all for pulling the trigger for him if he falls.

Just my opinion, but I don't think the Texans pick a RB in the 1st round either.

jacko
03-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Even if Earl Thomas is off the board and Ryan Mathews is sitting there, I think they try to trade back w/ San Diego. If that happened they would probably grab a corner in the late first round, then snag a RB in the second or third.

jjmt2500
03-23-2010, 02:28 AM
You would think with as well as we did last season that it would be easier to pin point what position we would be looking to take in the 1st round, but thats not the case. Last season I think it was pretty clear that we were going to take a LB, i was thinking it was going to be Matthews, which wouldnt of been bad but not nearly as good as Cush was. Who ever we take is going to have big expectations thanks to Cush.

By the way.... why havent i heard that Kris Brown has been cut??? There is no way we go into training camp with this guy.

cunningham06
03-23-2010, 02:33 AM
Haden's gonna be long gone by us since he ran well at Florida's pro day. Either take ET, or trade back and take a corner would be my strategy on draft day.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
03-26-2010, 01:10 AM
I don't know. There have been a lot of high picks spent on safety that did't turn out. I am sure you can name a few. I know I can.

Bust factor is not why I would not want to take one this high. The reason is I think a starting safety can be found in any given year into the third round. Safety is not one of the corner stone positions (LT, QB, CB, #1 WR and Pass rusher). That is why I wouldn't want to take one this high.

I love Earl Thomas. I really do. But I also loved Michael Huff. And I loved Laron Landry. If we take a safety, that is fine. But if that is the plan of action I would rather trade down and pick up an extra pick.

But I still think the DL needs a HUGH upgrade. I, like many others, don't want to pick up another DL with a high draft pick. But all the good teams have a good pass rush. Don't get caught up in the sack numbers. I am talking about disrupting the offense. Thats why if we stay put I want a DL. I think Greg Ellis would have been a perfect match for this team. We don't need a 12 sack guy. Just an 8 sack guy would help a lot. Once we get that, we can look elsewhere.

jjmt2500
04-12-2010, 03:41 PM
We are like 10 days away from the draft and nothing going on in here....

Its funny how much your opinion changes as time goes on, mine has changed a lot over who to take in the first. The more and more i think about it I would like to see Kyle Wilson come to Houston. I just really hate the idea of Reeves starting again. And if we are going to take a RB early, then take Toby G in round 2. I'm gonna try to stick with this.

cunningham06
04-12-2010, 10:57 PM
It's funny, the Texans and the Eagles my two favorite teams always are targeting similar positions going into the draft. This year needs in common are CB, S, and C. Kyle Wilson looks really good to me as a prospect, I wouldn't mind seeing us take him at all. Earl Thomas would also be fantastic. Maurkice Pouncey wouldn't be a bad pick at all either.

Texas Homer
04-13-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm still hoping for Earl Thomas. I wouldn't care if the Texans played him at S or CB.

Kyle Wilson would be fine with me too.

jjmt2500
04-13-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm still hoping for Earl Thomas. I wouldn't care if the Texans played him at S or CB.

Kyle Wilson would be fine with me too.

I like Earl Thomas, but the reason i would rather take Wilson is because I would much rather have Eugene Wilson starting at safety than have Reeves starting at corner.

cunningham06
04-13-2010, 06:34 PM
I like Earl Thomas, but the reason i would rather take Wilson is because I would much rather have Eugene Wilson starting at safety than have Reeves starting at corner.

That's a good point, but one reason I think that there's so much pressure on our CB's is that our safeties can't give them very much help. I think a rangy safety like Earl Thomas would reduce the responsibility for our CB's and thereby help us some in both areas.

I totally agree on the point that Eugene Wilson is a better starter at S than Reeves is at CB. At this point I'm indifferent and would be very happy with either Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson.

jjmt2500
04-14-2010, 07:44 PM
I agree with you Cunningham i would be happy with either as well.

On Chron.com McClain thinks the Texans will be going RB in the 1st and CB in the 2nd. What I dont understand is that they are going to bring a RB in to split carries with Slaton and I'm sure Foster will get some carries as well. I dont see the point in drafting a RB in the 1st round when he is not going to be the full time premier back. Yes I would love to have Matthews, and if it happens i wont be upset but there are going to be very good backs in the 2nd round: Best, Toby G, Dwyer, and Tate.

He also thinks that the Texans will wait and take a DT and S later in the draft.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-14-2010, 11:26 PM
I am of the opinion that a pass rush is not something to wait on. There will be runningbacks later. Has anyone looked at the DL lately? Mario is the only real threat on it, IMO.

runningbacks can be found later. There are a lot of them this year that I would be happy with in the thrid/later rounds. But if a pass rusher is not picked early, I don't think one will be found.

I, however, do not think the Texans will draft one. But that is where I would go. If you don't take a DL, then CB or S is the only real logical choice.

cunningham06
04-14-2010, 11:49 PM
We definitely need help on the D-Line, specifically at DT IMO. I think if we went with a secondary pick in the first, either a S or CB, we should go DT in the second. I really like Lamarr Houston, he is a beast and is damn good at getting into the backfield. Some might consider that a reach, but I think he's worth it.

jjmt2500
04-15-2010, 01:07 AM
I think the Texans are really expecting big things out of Barwin this year. But the middle does blow and needs to be fixed. Maybe we will get lucky and actually get a few sacks out of Amobi this year. I dont know if its the injuries or the cast around him or just lack of effort, but Mario needs to be putting up 12 or more sacks a year. I kinda got the feeling of him being lazy when I read a story about Cush and Ryans doing the MMA training to get in better shape, and that Jay Glazer had been trying to get Mario into the trainig but Mario would not do it. With Marios size strenght and speed he should be the most dominate DE in the league.

datchapin
04-15-2010, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't trust anything McClain thinks. Last yr. he was so sure we were gonna take Clay Matthews its not even funny how it blew up in his face and he was all shocked they didn't do what he said. He's no good at his predictions and I don't think he'll be on point this yr. either.

In the first rd. I wouldn't mind Mays or Wilson at our spot. Mays is always around the ball an has shown a willingness to hit, reminds me of Pollard, I'd like Wilson more though. If we traded back I could also see us taking Robinson, he doesn't seem to fit how we usually draft considering his involvement in a cheating scandal, but I've heard talent wise he's ahead of Wilson on alot of teams draft boards. I like Wilson because of how he showecased his talent at the senior bowl... I think it was the senior bowl, I could be wrong. Anyways, I think Reeves is going into his final yr. and it would be nice to get some talent at the position. Moulden is a injury risk, Bennett.... should have already been cut, Price is good, but his size limits him. Quinn I really like him, but we need talent behind these guys. CB in the first. Unless all 3 are gone.

Theres a ton of talent in the DT position, the DC mock draft has Price falling to the late second rd. I would be shocked if he got past us. If not there are still alot of other players that could help us out. Houston is a beast and disruptive.

I don't think we'd consider RB until at least the third rd. The days of feature backs is diminishing. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they got an interior lineman in the third.

JMOs.

Texas Homer
04-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I'd go RB probably in the 3rd round if I'm the Texans GM.

jjmt2500
04-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Lendale White is supposed to be on the trading block. Would y'all give up a pick for him, maybe a 4th? I would do it, that way we dont have to spend an early pick on a RB and address bigger concerns.

cunningham06
04-15-2010, 09:04 PM
I like Lendale, I'd be down. He's better than just about any RB you're gonna get in the 4th anyway

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-16-2010, 12:36 AM
I would love price in the second. But I am not soldon Linwhale White. He seems so slow to me. And I think the fourth round running backs might be able to give you as much as you would get from Linwhale. And at a much lower price.

I have come to the realization that we wont take a DL in the first round. Even though I didnt want to realize it. But if we go DB in the first, which we should if we dont go DL, I dont want Mays. He scares me. I would rather have Earl Thomas. Give me Earl Thomas in the first and Price in the second and I am happy.

If we take a running back in the second, I really like Boo (DT) from Wake Forest later in the draft. I have seen only two games that he played in, and they were last year. But he was the best player on the field. Evidently, I watched his two best games :). But if we cant land Price in the second, I would wait till the fourth or fifth and take him.

jjmt2500
04-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Do you guys think that ET will be ready to start right away since he is coming out so early or will he have to mature some first?? Also I have been reading that Kyle Wilson is moving up a lot of draft boards and on some boards is rated higher than Haden. If both of these guys are gone by the time we pick, then we should pass on corner till the second round cause there is no one else worth the 20th pick at corner.

Texas Homer
04-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I think Earl Thomas can step in and play immediately.

I've heard about Wilson's stock rising too. I've also heard people talking about both CB's Devin McCourty and Kareem Jackson could both go in round 1.

Texas Homer
04-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Here is my mock draft for the Texans.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1st-CB Kareem Jackson-Alabama
2nd-DT Lamarr Houston-Texas
3rd-RB Toby Gerhart-Stanford -or- RB Ben Tate Auburn
4th-OG Mike Johnson-Alabama
5th-FS Myron Rolle-FSU -or- S Kurt Coleman-tOSU
6th A.-CB Walter McFadden-Auburn -or- OT Sam Young Notre Dame
6th B.-WR Jacoby Ford-Clemson
7th-C Kevin Matthews-Texas ATM -or- QB Jarett Brown WVU
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no idea if some of these guys will be there when the Texans pick. I tried to address all of the Texans needs.

cunningham06
04-21-2010, 07:53 PM
I have no idea if some of these guys will be there when the Texans pick. I tried to address all of the Texans needs.

Not bad, but I think Kareem Jackson's a bit of a reach where we pick. I think Kyle Wilson would be better value and I expect he will be available. I'm very high on Lamarr Houston, I think he's a good pick. Toby Gerhart will be gone in round 2 I expect. I'm a big fan of Myron Rolle although speed is an issue. With how fast Jacoby Ford ran at the combine I think someone will roll the dice on him earlier.

Overall a pretty decent mock, I just hope we address C sooner than the 7th. Chris Myers is absolutely awful.

Texas Homer
04-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Charlie Tanner from Texas is really strong OG that came on strong at Texas near the end of the season.

I have no idea how hard a potential switch from OG to Center might be, but if could be worth a shot with Tanner with a 6th round pick. I think Tanner would fit in perfectly in a ZBS.

Can Caldwell the OG we drafted last year play Center? I agree Center is a position the Texans need an upgrade at.

jjmt2500
04-22-2010, 01:38 AM

Unless we trade back to the end of the 1st round i dont see Jackson as our first pick. Rick Smith is really big on not reaching for a need and IMO Jackson is a big reach at 20. I like the pick of Houston in the 2nd and I also like the idea of waiting till the 3rd round for a RB.

1st round is today, who is everyones finally pick for tonight?

Mine is Kyle Wilson, hopefully he is still there.

Clayton89
04-22-2010, 03:31 AM
Earl Thomas if hes there, Kyle Wilson, or Pouncey

cunningham06
04-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Earl Thomas if hes there, Kyle Wilson, or Pouncey

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Texas Homer
04-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Earl Thomas if hes there, Kyle Wilson, or Pouncey Pouncey would be cool.

jjmt2500
04-22-2010, 10:32 PM

I think you are the only one that saw Kareem going to us, great call!!!!

I have to say im pretty dissappointed that we passed on Kyle Wilson, also Dan Williams fell to us, that would of been a nice pick to. But I know I shouldnt doubt what the Texans do on draft day, they seem to be right more times than not. I just cant get excited right now.

I really hope that over the night Steve Young loses his voice, i cant stand listening to him.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-23-2010, 02:55 AM
great call. no one saw that coming!!!!!

Nice.

cunningham06
04-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Yep, I still think Kyle Wilson would have been a better pick, but Kareem Jackson will be a good CB for us. Hopefully we can pick up a good offensive lineman tonight. Vlad Ducasse could be a mauler at guard, I dunno about the center value in the second round though.

jjmt2500
04-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Good day today. I really like the Tate pick. I dont know the DT from Arizona, but we filled a huge need.

I saw a deal on PFT that the Texans were in play for Haynesworth. I guess that didnt work out, but I was shocked to see that we were interested in him.

jjmt2500
04-24-2010, 02:10 PM
As happy as I was yesterday I really dont understand some of todays picks. A LB and a TE in the 4th?????? Why do we need another TE? We are done in the 6th and no safety yet????? Maybe we will get a safety in the 7th that will not make the team.

cunningham06
04-24-2010, 02:38 PM
I liked our first two days, dunno about today though. I like the Trindon Holliday pick, he will be a damn good return man.

jjmt2500
04-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Oh good another TE in the 7th. Lets see we now have 6 TEs on our roster if im right. That makes a lot of sense, since most teams only keep 3 on the roster. Im pretty upset we didnt take a chance on Rolle in the 6th. I guess we dont need help at safety since we didnt draft one, i thought we did, but i guess i was wrong.

RGVBadBoy
04-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Trindon Holliday huh? Well, lets see if he can catch in the NFL, he is a KR at best right now.... But he is dirty fast..

TitanHope
04-24-2010, 05:34 PM
I think ya'll got the steal of the Draft with Dorin Dickerson in the 7th RD.

Ya'll took another TE earlier (I'm assuming Dickerson will play more Slot than TE for ya'll though), and took a few TE's last year. That mean ya'll aren't planning on re-signing Owen Daniels and are preparing/grooming his replacement(s)? I think lettin' him go would be a major mistake.

jayceheathman
04-24-2010, 10:20 PM
I think ya'll got the steal of the Draft with Dorin Dickerson in the 7th RD.

Ya'll took another TE earlier (I'm assuming Dickerson will play more Slot than TE for ya'll though), and took a few TE's last year. That mean ya'll aren't planning on re-signing Owen Daniels and are preparing/grooming his replacement(s)? I think lettin' him go would be a major mistake.

I think like 3 of our TE's had surgery and 2 of them wont be ready by training camp.

Texas Homer
04-25-2010, 03:07 PM
I'd give the Texans a solid (B) grade on the draft. It is still too early to tell.

I like the Jackson and Tate pick. I think the Texans might have reached a little for Tate, but I think his running style for fit in well with the Texans.

I like the LB Darryl Sharpton from Miami. I didn't know the Texans were going to take a LB as early as the 4th Round. I hope he pushes for a starting job.

The TE pick surprised me.

I really really like CB Sherrick McManis from Northwestern. I think he is going to be a good player. I liked him as a prospect at NW. I think the Texans got good value for him in the 5th.

I also liked the WR/TE Dorin Dickerson pick.

Texas Homer
04-25-2010, 07:16 PM
I also like the Texans signing UDFA OT Adam Ulatoski. I hope he makes the team.

LizardState
04-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Big kudos to yall for your A+ draft, & to Texas Homer for that great predraft call on Kareem Jackson.

Lots of luv for your #1 & my homer pick of Jackson, whom I've watched for yrs at Bama. He was the 2nd fastest player on the team behind Javier Arenas, vs. Mississippi 2 yrs ago Dexter McCluster broke a tackle & ran free for >65 yds & Jackson chased him down from behind to save the TD. this guy is a gamer, & nobody prepares CBs for the NFL better than a Saban defense with his disguised coverages & man coverage jamming from the LOS.

Tate will be an instant starter & bigtime power back help right away, great fill for a running game that was awful (30th last yr?), some compared Tate to a young Marion Barber III at Dallas in his running style. I had him as a late (3rd or later) rd. value pick in this draft.

The team has established its own unique identity now under Kubiak, not Denver South anymore! The Texans are the fastest-rising team in the NFL now, Schaub has impressed me ever since colege at UVA & has been The Answer, like manna from heaven. I think they're an improved OL & maybe another good DL to complement Mario & Okobe away from the playoffs. Got to beat Indy though & post a better division rcd. -- Indy has the best home rcd. in the league & somebody has to knock them off their pedestal, might as well be the Texans.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-28-2010, 03:48 AM
I would have rather had Wilson in rd one, but they didn't make a bad pick.

Tate-I think he will do really well. But I have two problems with the pick. Number one is I STILL believe in Slayton. If he returns to rookie form, no other back is needed. And I believe he can. My second problem with the pick is I think he could have been taken later, or another runningback with a similar prospect grade could have been found. Not good value, but a good player. I just can't love the pick.

I am ok with third round, but drafting linebackers and tight ends? I would have thought this would have been the bottom of the list of needs. On the other hand, if these were truly best player available picks, I love that in the later rounds.

All in all, I am not in love with this draft. But it is not bad. I am having trouble getting excited, though. I think Tate will change my mind though, when he goes for 1,500 yards!