PDA

View Full Version : Florida Gators

The Unseen
10-24-2009, 10:38 PM
I know a lot of us here are Gators fans, so I thought as fellow Jags fans we can discuss the team.

I am a new Gator fan. I previously was unaffliated, but I attend UF now so I'm becoming a fan. Thus my knowledge of the team is fairly limited (and college football in general).

Anyways, on tonight's game.

The stupid turnovers have to stop. Not all of it was Tebow's fault - luck and the offensive line have something to do with it. But it's getting ridiculous. We need the defense to get healthy (and hope Demps is alright), but the team is currently not playing like the #1 team or even a top #10 team. Heck, injuries may be the main issue - Tebow may just not be completely healthy. Whatever the case, a loss to Georgia and FSU would suck, and looks more likely the way we've played.

murdamal86
10-25-2009, 04:43 PM
I know a lot of us here are Gators fans, so I thought as fellow Jags fans we can discuss the team.

I am a new Gator fan. I previously was unaffliated, but I attend UF now so I'm becoming a fan. Thus my knowledge of the team is fairly limited (and college football in general).

Anyways, on tonight's game.

The stupid turnovers have to stop. Not all of it was Tebow's fault - luck and the offensive line have something to do with it. But it's getting ridiculous. We need the defense to get healthy (and hope Demps is alright), but the team is currently not playing like the #1 team or even a top #10 team. Heck, injuries may be the main issue - Tebow may just not be completely healthy. Whatever the case, a loss to Georgia and FSU would suck, and looks more likely the way we've played.

I'm a huge Gator fan myself and while this may be weird to say or suggest, this team might just be...unbeatable. I don't mean that in a dominate way, I just mean that in a way that we may just always find ourselves finding another way to win close games. One thing that i'm not liking is for whatever reason we are only locked in on Hernandez and Coop in the passing game. Well not the only thing because the play calling can leave A LOT to be desired on crucial downs

The Unseen
10-25-2009, 07:51 PM
I hear ya...I had a confidence in both games that UF would win just because it's hard to conceive that they wouldn't.

yourfavestoner
10-26-2009, 08:29 PM
The redzone offense is poop.

murdamal86
10-26-2009, 08:48 PM
The redzone offense is poop.

Maybe it's just me but we should go more I-Formation in the Red zone with Moody as the featured back.

The Unseen
10-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Or use some under-center offense, period. I know Meyer will end up using it a lot more when Brantley starts - why not get it going now?

murdamal86
11-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Gosh i'm TIRED of hearing everybody with a pulse STILL rate this offense against last year's offense, we off that!!!!

I was happy with the win and the way we played saturday. Aside from a few breakdowns in the pass defense, our pass defense held them in check. UGA did have some success running the ball but as the game went on we settled in.

The Unseen
11-02-2009, 05:00 PM
So how much of a problem do South Carolina and FSU present? Any at all? We're talking about two teams who show a lot of firepower but are very, very inconsistent.

murdamal86
11-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Something about that FSU game makes me think FSU is going to come out gunz blazing. It's going to be senior day, Tebow and Spikes last game in the Swamp, undefeated (hopefully), looking ahead to the SEC championship game next week, etc, etc makes me wonder if all that is going to be a distraction. When FSU's offense is clicking, they can score on anybody in country it's just that they'll give up a lot of points to just about anybody in the country too.

The Unseen
11-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah, Christian Ponder will probably unleash dragonz, but Tebow will do that and three times more to FSU's sorry defense.

murdamal86
12-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Welp....there goes our dream season and defensive coordinator

The Unseen
12-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Brantley era bitches!

garrard9
12-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Brantley era bitches!

I hope he throws a lot. I can't handle anymore of those option pitches to Aaron Hernandez.

Dallas357
10-25-2011, 09:15 PM
we'll never have a team as good as the 08 team ever again.