PDA

View Full Version : rey rey at slb

roscoesdad27
10-25-2009, 03:03 AM
everybody keeps saying he's gonna move to mlb and he just might but i think slb is the ideal position for his play style and the bengals would be wise to leave him there for his career.

Rosebud
10-25-2009, 03:27 AM
everybody keeps saying he's gonna move to mlb and he just might but i think slb is the ideal position for his play style and the bengals would be wise to leave him there for his career.

That really depends, for a lot of teams the SLB will line up over the TE and often have to cover him in man, if Rey Rey get's stuck doing that a team will notice that, isolate him and pick him apart.

roscoesdad27
10-25-2009, 03:31 AM
rey's coverage is underated...his most ideal position is at 3-4 ted ilb but in the 4-3 i love him at slb.

BRAVEHEART
10-25-2009, 03:35 AM
rey's coverage is underated...his most ideal position is at 3-4 ted ilb but in the 4-3 i love him at slb.

It is, people forget he's not a college Jr anymore. He's improved in that area.

Raiderz4Life
10-25-2009, 03:39 AM
He's best suited as a MIKE IMO....it suits him best as a thumper. His coverage skills are ok but its not his strength. Get the guy going forward and he'll destroy people. I think TE's will eat him alive at SLB because he doesn't have the speed or even athleticism needed to cover the Heath Miller and Todd Heap...note i only used AFC north TEs and Cinci and Cle TEs are non-existent.

AkiliSmith
10-25-2009, 08:17 AM
He's playing the run well this year but has looked pretty awful in coverage. Dhani Jones is a free agent next year so I think there's a pretty good chance Rey will be starting there soon.

stephenson86
10-25-2009, 11:03 AM
how is andre smith looking for the bengals?

derza222
10-25-2009, 11:19 AM

He broke his foot (I believe in an non-contact drill pretty soon after he signed his contract) and has been out ever since. Apparently he's down to 330 though and has lost 20 pounds since ending the holdout, and is targeting week 9 for a return. So we'll see, but he hasn't really been able to do any contact drills or play in games obviously.

ThePudge
10-25-2009, 11:28 AM

He's almost there in terms of strength and conditioning and he'll be cleared for contact next week. He's apparently quite a bit lighter and more in shape than when he showed up near the end of the summer, and Marvin Lewis has complimented his efforts there. The team is hoping he'll be able to go in two weeks (after our bye week next week) against the Ravens. He'll be a nice addition to an offensive line that has already shown massive improvement. When he returns and is ready to go, he'll replace Dennis Roland on the right side. Roland, who the Bengals have used as a blocking TE on the right side, will till be used in that role and Anthony Collins could be used in select passing downs and to back up the left side.

bored of education
10-25-2009, 11:29 AM
So, what has Rey Rey done to deserve his own thread. Rosco stop making threads.

coordinator0
10-25-2009, 11:31 AM
So, what has Rey Rey done to deserve his own thread. Rosco stop making threads.

At least stop making them w/o capital letters. :D

bored of education
10-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Would he be a good BUCK? i dont think he is a BUCK.

A Perfect Score
10-25-2009, 11:56 AM
He still reminds me more of Jeremiah Trotter then Ray Lewis. We will have to see.

themaninblack
10-25-2009, 01:42 PM
He's gonna be moved to the middle at some point and I think that's where he's gonna fit best. He's been pretty good at SLB thus far though.

Stash
10-25-2009, 02:55 PM
At first I thought this thread was about Rey Lewis and I was scratching my head at the first few posts.

killxswitch
10-26-2009, 09:03 AM
At first I thought this thread was about Rey Lewis and I was scratching my head at the first few posts.

Who is this Rey Lewis?

Stash
10-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Who is this Rey Lewis?
Lol, yeah, you know what I mean.