PDA

View Full Version : Week 7-Atlanta

HEISMANHERSCHEL
10-25-2009, 03:33 AM
I would like to hear some thoughts on this game.

My thoughts are we have got to find a way to Ryan. He is amazing for how long he has been playing, but he is still young. I think he can still be flustered, but it beats the crap out of me who will actually be able to get to him consistently.

If Felix can get some touches and stay in the game, I think it is our game. But I am not sure he will get many. I know he has been VERY injury prone so far, but looking back on his first year and this one, there have been several games that he was not/had no been injured and still did not get many touches. I dont understand. I would run him into the ground.

I am nervous about Tony Gonzalez. I am not sure how well we match up with him.

But being a homer, I have to call a Cowboys win. Romo comes out and plays big this week. And if he does that I really don't see us losing.

MetSox17
10-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Well this hasn't been a good start. Not good if Atlanta just marches down the field again.

herniateddisc
10-25-2009, 04:06 PM
we suck. rw sucks. wade sucks. tnew sucks. ol is fat slobs.

herniateddisc
10-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Here is an idea.

Bench Flo. Start anyone else.
Bench TNew. Start Scandrick.
Bench RW.

Sad to see over-paid, over valued STU-PID morons play with a star on their heads.

But politics is key in Dallas. If Jerrah over paid you in a fit of stupidity -- you play no matter what.

dpl85
10-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Jenkins is awesome! Clearly our best CB but that's not saying much.

LonghornsLegend
10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
This is the first time I've seen our defense play like this, this year. Let's see if we can keep up this level of play for 60 minutes on that side.

herniateddisc
10-25-2009, 04:19 PM
My boy. Again.

I know talent better than Wade and Jerry Jones plus Garrett.

Why we have waited is beyond anyone with brains.

His YPC are off the chart .. and have been since last year.

E-Man
10-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Hell yeah! Hopefully they can keep it going.

herniateddisc
10-25-2009, 04:29 PM
That Choice play has been missing in our play book for way too long.

crisco0710
10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I wonder if we can just bench our whole offensive line until we found someone who doesn't call penalties.

herniateddisc
10-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Sloppy all around. Why we don't play crisper is a function of bad coaching.

For example, on eway to elimiante lots of false starts is to SNAP THE BALL AS YOU GET UNDER CENTER and stop blathering. Poor use of Time Outs. This team is mentally retaheded.

Well, something went our way finally!

E-Man
10-25-2009, 04:40 PM
ROMO!!!! That guy is a freaking playmaker!

herniateddisc
10-25-2009, 04:43 PM
ROMO!!!! That guy is a freaking playmaker!

Freak play, normally a fumble or sack and with no TO -- no points either.

But at least something went our way and if we can get the ball back starting 2nd half and score ..... play with our ears pinned back which is when we look best.

herniateddisc
10-25-2009, 04:45 PM
If you want to see amazing coaching go the Miami game. They have no DB talent ..... 24-3 versus the "best team in football" and they should have beat the "other best team in football" (Indy) if not for freak plays.

E-Man
10-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Why criticize Rob? They've played very well ever since that first drive. That TD was Romo doing something great. Not many QBs could pull that off, and the defense is really making the Falcons look bad. They also get the ball back after the half. Why bring up the Miami game when you have the Cowboys playing like we've asked them to all season long?

herniateddisc
10-25-2009, 04:54 PM
FWIW, Romo has looked like the old Romo from an arm and mechanics perspective. He has zip on the ball and his weight is going from back to front nicely. With exception of the first pass play to Austin, good mechanics.

Hated the last play regardless of outcome.

dpl85
10-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Spencer and Carpenter make Snelling look all pro.

crisco0710
10-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Oh man, Newman cant even return punts right anymore.

Paul
10-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Ware is playing a monster right now. He just bullied Sam Baker.

crisco0710
10-25-2009, 05:51 PM
I just witnessed something I thought I'd never see in my life, and that is Crayton run a Punt Return for a TD.

M.O.T.H.
10-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Shocked. Just shocked. Crayton doing work. hahaha.

Falcon<3
10-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Congrats on the wins guys. Between our cornerback play and coach we didn't ever really have a chance.

Congrats on a very well played game by the Cowboys.

M.O.T.H.
10-25-2009, 06:11 PM
This should be the 4th game on the year, where Tony hasnt thrown an INT. That's already more than all of 2007 and 2008.

pocketaces
10-25-2009, 06:13 PM
If you want to see amazing coaching go the Miami game. They have no DB talent ..... 24-3 versus the "best team in football" and they should have beat the "other best team in football" (Indy) if not for freak plays.

LOL 38-34 N.O. Those coaches must have really sucked in the 2nd half.:rolleyes:

Paul
10-25-2009, 06:16 PM
LOL. Austin is all gums.

E-Man
10-25-2009, 06:19 PM
What Cowboy fan doesn't love this game? Romo looked excellent, the defense got sacks and turnovers, and special teams showed up as well. All of this against one of the best teams in the NFC. This is exactly the type of win the team needs. A domination against a good playoff contender.

Modano
10-25-2009, 06:32 PM
What a game! Sensabaugh and Jenkins came to play today

M.O.T.H.
10-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Sensabaugh def. looks like a keeper. Ken Hamlin may be on the outs but, it was atleast nice to see him break on that one pass to Gonzalez earlier in the game.

Good play all around by the defense. For whatever reason, the only guy we couldnt stop was Snelling.

As for Mike, he got away with a lot but, seriously Jenkins is legit and he's just getting better and better. Finally starting to see the things that made me fall in love with the guy in college. He's just beaming with confidence these days.

What is there to say about Austin? The guy looks amazing...it helps that we've played two horrible secondaries in the last few weeks but, he's going to be just fine when we face tougher competition. He's playing at an insane level right now.

Roy...ugh. He looks exactly the same as he did in the latter Detroit years.

LonghornsLegend
10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Jenkins is getting better as the season goes on, all of a sudden he's not shying away from contact anymore and he's drilling anything that walks close to him, gotta love it. He's got alot of room to grow and get better and pretty soon we may be calling him our best DB on the team.

D-Unit
10-25-2009, 07:08 PM
High 5's all around boys!!! Just got off the plane, and checked the score on my iPhone. Was bracing myself for a loss, but was hopeful for this! Hopefully, this game will be a spring board for us. Media has been doggin' Romo and boys but now they're starting to look like the fools.

Adjustment time... That's all it is. More lumps ahead, but this hopefully will quiet the hatred and know it alls.

EvilNixon
10-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Great game from Romo. gz guys

d34ng3l021
10-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Good ******* game. That sucked.

leroyisgod
10-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Pretty good game all around. The running game was the only downer, but we didn't even need it.

herniateddisc
10-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Jenkins is getting better as the season goes on, all of a sudden he's not shying away from contact anymore and he's drilling anything that walks close to him, gotta love it. He's got alot of room to grow and get better and pretty soon we may be calling him our best DB on the team.

You nailed it.

Macarthur
10-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I was at the game and one thing that I liked. I was really high so I could see the field real well. Our DBs really broke on the ball well. Really, that breakdown late in the game was the only time I actually saw a breakdown. We covered very well and made good breaks on the ball. If our defense can play consistently like that, we can definately get in the tournament and maybe make some noise.

Tony looked real good. Looked like the old Tony. Not thinking too much; just making plays and letting in fly. HOwever, I did notice that on the runs and the sack, he made very good decisions. There was nothing there on those plays so he didn't force the issue. Very good to see.

As someone else mentioned, RW didn't look right. I still think he's hurting. He did drop two balls, but Romo missed him on one well run route that would have been a good gain. I'm not going to be too hard on him because it's pretty hard to play WR with messed up ribs.

Bobby Carpenter is worthless. Good God you can't tell me we don't have someone that can play better than that guy. We need ILB help in a big way. I still don't understand why more teams don't force the Cowboys to go nickle and run the ball at him. He's like having 10 guys on the field, especially against the run.

Spencer looked good. May be turning the corner.

OL had a couple of penalties, but overall they manhandled the fast ATL front. They also did a good job of handling the blitz.

Special teams were great. Beuhler is amazing. Coverage was great and I felt good for Crayton after all the crap he's taken lately.

Macarthur
10-26-2009, 12:58 PM
One more thing. I watched Siavii several times and I think we've found a solid backup NT. Certainly not dynamic like Rat, but he's big and strong and holds the point of attack pretty well.

crisco0710
10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Did yall guys notice Bueller was in punt return?

Macarthur
10-26-2009, 02:10 PM
One more thing. ;)

I think Flo needs a pat on the back this week. He absolutely shut down the left side. Abraham was a total non factor.

Modano
10-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Joe DeCamillis for HC! :P