PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated player in the Beast

quincyyyyy
10-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Who do you think it is? If it is not listed then post it.

Sniper
10-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Awesome thread. :rolleyes:

Tony Romo is my choice.

quincyyyyy
10-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Awesome thread. :rolleyes:

Tony Romo is my choice.

Most analysts had Romo ranked as the number 10 QB in the league with Eli ahead of him. How is that overrated for Romo? Do you know what overrated means?

Borat
10-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Most analysts had Romo ranked as the number 10 QB in the league with Eli ahead of him. How is that overrated for Romo? Do you know what overrated means?

HAHA. I don't think YOU understand what overrated means.

KCJ58
10-27-2009, 11:50 AM
wow what a terrible thread

Sniper
10-27-2009, 05:44 PM

I'm fully aware. He's not a top 10 QB.

quincyyyyy
10-27-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm fully aware. He's not a top 10 QB.

I know that is what you think but how can you say he is overrated when the analysts don't rate him that high? Your post is devoid of any logic.

Hurricanes25
10-27-2009, 06:20 PM
I wish they would just ban you already.

Borat
10-27-2009, 06:29 PM
I know that is what you think but how can you say he is overrated when the analysts don't rate him that high? Your post is devoid of any logic.

Overrated? You keep using that word but I don't think you know what it means.

Sniper
10-27-2009, 06:33 PM

Because I don't give a **** about what the analysts think? Top 10 is too high for him, meaning he's rated higher than he should be, which in turns means he's...wait for it...overrated. Want me to go slower?

Thumper
10-27-2009, 06:36 PM
This poll seems to be missing a Marion Barber, Tony Romo and Roy Williams option...

Gay Ork Wang
10-27-2009, 06:36 PM
This poll seems to be missing a Marion Barber, Tony Romo and Roy Williams option...
seems to miss a Cowboys option besides Witten and Ware

quincyyyyy
10-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Because I don't give a **** about what the analysts think? Top 10 is too high for him, meaning he's rated higher than he should be, which in turns means he's...wait for it...overrated. Want me to go slower?

Well his QB rating of 94.7 puts him in the top ten. 5 out of his 6 games he had 250+ yards and half of his games this year has been over 300 yards. Moreover, his team is 4-2. I'm just wondering by what metric you are basing this observation on, other than idiocy.

Whereas by every individual metric Eli, this year or any other year, has been middle of the pack to sub par, and yet praise is constantly heaped on him. Eli is the classic example of being overrated.

quincyyyyy
10-27-2009, 06:49 PM

Marion barber is good when he is not injured as he has been for most of this year. He averaged 6 yards a carry his first two games then he got the hamstring injury and a fractured hand. His ypc has since dropped.

And Roy has sucked since he has been in Dallas, most fans would agree with that. Most fans would also agree that we got fleeced by Detroit (as painful as that is to admit). Roy is not overrated. You can't be overrated when everyone thinks you suck.

Sniper
10-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Well his QB rating of 94.7 puts him in the top ten. 5 out of his 6 games he had 250+ yards and half of his games this year has been over 300 yards. Moreover, his team is 4-2. I'm just wondering by what metric you are basing this observation on, other than idiocy.

Whereas by every individual metric Eli, this year or any other year, has been middle of the pack to sub par, and yet praise is constantly heaped on him. Eli is the classic example of being overrated.

Qb Rating and 250/300 yard games look pretty and all...until you take into consideration who they came against.

quincyyyyy
10-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Qb Rating and 250/300 yard games look pretty and all...until you take into consideration who they came against.

Sure denver allows 183 yards per game and when you exclude the cowboys game the average is much lower. Romo threw 255 against them, keeping in mind Miles Austin was still a backup and Roy and Crayton were the starters.

bigbluedefense
10-27-2009, 07:49 PM
6tSGsYowuT8&autoplay=1

quincyyyyy
10-27-2009, 08:31 PM
[youtube]6tSGsYowuT8&autoplay=1[/youtube

Because a good or even excellent QB has never thrown an int against his rival...
:rolleyes:
is this suppose to help your argument, or have you guys just given up?

Thumper
10-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Because a good or even excellent QB has never thrown an int against his rival...
:rolleyes:
is this suppose to help your argument, or have you guys just given up?

no one really cares...

TACKLE
10-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I don't get why everybody says Romo is overrated. Does any QB get ripped apart by the media and the fans like Romo. Although he's not one of the best QB's in the league, I don't think anyone is really saying he is.

Rosebud
10-31-2009, 12:10 PM

Peyton, Brady, Brees, Cutler, Big Ben, Rivers, Eli, Kurt Warner, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb.

There's 12 QBs better than Romo, so the fact that Romo gets ranked as the tenth QB in the league does make him over-rated.

quincyyyyy
10-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Peyton, Brady, Brees, Cutler, Big Ben, Rivers, Eli, Kurt Warner, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb.

There's 12 QBs better than Romo, so the fact that Romo gets ranked as the tenth QB in the league does make him over-rated.

Eli better than Romo?:eek: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anyhow, Football Outsiders has Romo's DYAR rank as 12 and his DVOA rank as 8. Moreover his QB rating is 10th best in the league. So based on the facts it is patently absurd to say that Romo is overrated.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2009/seasontype/2

Paul
10-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Please, just stop.

quincyyyyy
10-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Please, just stop.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you open up this thread.

quincyyyyy
11-01-2009, 03:13 PM
OMG Eli is soooooooooooooooo good [/sarcasm]
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

herniateddisc
11-10-2009, 10:32 PM
6tSGsYowuT8&autoplay=1

What I love about this is how Austin blew past Corey Webster on the slant ... if only Romo had the right read.

Rosebud
11-10-2009, 10:39 PM
What I love about this is how Austin blew past Corey Webster on the slant ... if only Romo had the right read.

Blew by...meaning got jammed and once romo was already throwing the ball to Johnson was able to get off Webster and get open.

herniateddisc
11-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Blew by...meaning got jammed and once romo was already throwing the ball to Johnson was able to get off Webster and get open.

Webster barely even touch Austin.

If you call that a good jam by a CB I can see where you think Webster is so great.

That jam sucked and Romo went the wrong way on that play .... just like he did in the Denver game when faield to see Austin on the slant on the left side and threw right....

A weakness Tony has if you care to analyse his repeated mistake. He prefers throwing right over left......

Rosebud
11-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Webster barely even touch Austin.

If you call that a good jam by a CB I can see where you think Webster is so great.

That jam sucked and Romo went the wrong way on that play .... just like he did in the Denver game when faield to see Austin on the slant on the left side and threw right....

A weakness Tony has if you care to analyse his repeated mistake. He prefers throwing right over left......

Um Webster was on Austin until Romo was already throwing the ball to the right, so while Romo could've hit Austin instead, Web was right there to either get an arm in or stop Austin for a short gain. That sure as hell wasn't Austin blowing by Webster.

Thumper
11-11-2009, 12:29 AM
New most overrated player:
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0925/nfl_u_jenkins11_576.jpg

bigbluedefense
11-11-2009, 09:54 AM

He "blew" past him bc the play call was Cover 2. Pierce audibled to Cover 2 which Romo didn't notice, thats why he got picked to begin with.

Webster isn't supposed to chase him, he's supposed to press and release. Which he did.

Austin wasn't open. Boley was right there.

LonghornsLegend
11-11-2009, 01:55 PM

Yea right, not one person is singing his praises to the extent of what Bob is, and you guys should learn to just ignore him like alot of other people have.

Contrary to popular belief one Cowboy fan isn't the spokesman for the entire Cowboy fan population. Even if you ignored Bob, Jenkins is far from overrated, he's just a good young CB right now, it be different if we ALL were saying the same thing.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Yea right, not one person is singing his praises to the extent of what Bob is, and you guys should learn to just ignore him like alot of other people have.

Contrary to popular belief one Cowboy fan isn't the spokesman for the entire Cowboy fan population. Even if you ignored Bob, Jenkins is far from overrated, he's just a good young CB right now, it be different if we ALL were saying the same thing.

Relax LL, we know most Cowboy fans aren't overrating him.

Thumper
11-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Relax LL, we know most Cowboy fans aren't overrating him.

Yep, he is a good young corner but Bob overrates him to no end, so I just decided to post that.

quincyyyyy
11-11-2009, 09:13 PM
fffffffffff

quincyyyyy
11-11-2009, 09:14 PM

http://campussqueeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/elimanning.jpg

D-Unit
11-11-2009, 09:25 PM
I have just banned quincy.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I have just banned quincy.

Why did it take so long?

D-Unit
11-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Why did it take so long?
You didn't ask me to do it...

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2009, 09:39 PM

I didn't realize it needed asking. :) Grat new avatar by the way haha.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-12-2009, 10:06 AM

Hehe D..D.. D-unit!

dpl85
11-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Eli Manning and Mike Jenkins are both underrated.

herniateddisc
11-29-2009, 08:13 AM
He "blew" past him bc the play call was Cover 2. Pierce audibled to Cover 2 which Romo didn't notice, thats why he got picked to begin with.

Webster isn't supposed to chase him, he's supposed to press and release. Which he did.

Austin wasn't open. Boley was right there.

Boley was on Witten. Watch again. Austin was wide open.

He went right past him. Webster did nothing. Webster best NFC East DB. LOL.

herniateddisc
11-29-2009, 08:14 AM
http://assets.giants.com/uploads/assets/news/05_0819_23.jpg

herniateddisc
11-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Yep, he is a good young corner but Bob overrates him to no end, so I just decided to post that.

GREAT young corner and not over-rated. Watch the darn games.

We have had back-up safeties last three weeks and he still has not gotten burned.

Over-rated = Giants D Talent. That is over rated.

TitanHope
11-29-2009, 08:21 AM
6tSGsYowuT8&autoplay=1

You Giants fan hate of Pierce, but he totally audibles out of that defense and adjusts to whatever Romo was doing, which led to an INT.

bigbluedefense
11-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Boley was on Witten. Watch again. Austin was wide open.

He went right past him. Webster did nothing. Webster best NFC East DB. LOL.

It was Cover 2. Nobody was in man on that play. I think youre the one who needs to watch it again.

Rosebud
11-29-2009, 02:04 PM
You Giants fan hate of Pierce, but he totally audibles out of that defense and adjusts to whatever Romo was doing, which led to an INT.

AP is good between snaps, but once the ball leaves the center's hand we're playing 10 on 11.

Rosebud
11-29-2009, 02:05 PM
It was Cover 2. Nobody was in man on that play. I think youre the one who needs to watch it again.

No, you're wrong, the cowboys are the most under-rated team of all time and the giants are the most over-rated, that's actually the play call right there, AP audibled into most over-rated.

herniateddisc
12-21-2009, 10:48 PM

That foot of yours tastes pretty good huh?

herniateddisc
12-21-2009, 10:50 PM

So the G-Men were playing zone with three DBs jamming at the Line?

Regardless Cover 2 really means Man coverage with 2 safeties over the top so in that sense ..... maybe the GMen were.

Thumper
12-21-2009, 11:19 PM
That foot of yours tastes pretty good huh?

No, you insanely overrate him. /endofstory

My foot remains on the ground.

herniateddisc
12-22-2009, 07:41 AM
No, you insanely overrate him. /endofstory

My foot remains on the ground.

You are not watching the games or you are homerlishly ignoring what he is doing.

MilesAustin4MVP
12-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Eli Manning by far. He is way overrated because of who his family is.

If Romo's last name was Manning and he was drafted first overall the media would think Romo was the best thing since slice bread.

Sniper
12-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Eli Manning by far. He is way overrated because of who his family is.

If Romo's last name was Manning and he was drafted first overall the media would think Romo was the best thing since slice bread.

Manning's having his best season, statistically-speaking, of his career and it's not even close.

Highest completion %, most passing touchdowns, best TD:INT ratio, best passer rating by almost ten points, highest ypa by over a full yard. He's been legit this year.

2 Live Crew
12-22-2009, 12:06 PM
If this thread is actually about the most overrated player in the East (instead of an Eli debate), than it is Laron Landry.

D-Unit
12-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Most overrated Cowboy is now Terence Newman.

FreshBoy!
12-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Lol...sadly, Newman went from "underrated" to "overrated" in record time.

2 years ago I would've argued that he was a top 5 CB in the league...Now he's not even the best on the team. How quickly the mighty have fallen.

Damix
12-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Lol...sadly, Newman went from "underrated" to "overrated" in record time.

2 years ago I would've argued that he was a top 5 CB in the league...Now he's not even the best on the team. How quickly the mighty have fallen.

Which is why Top 5 and 10 lists are largely pointless. Players change from season to season and week to week.

LonghornsLegend
12-22-2009, 01:24 PM
If this thread is actually about the most overrated player in the East (instead of an Eli debate), than it is Laron Landry.

That's not a bad mention, he really hasn't been the same since ST left the secondary, whether it be to changing positions or no talent around him.

bigbluedefense
12-22-2009, 02:22 PM
So the G-Men were playing zone with three DBs jamming at the Line?

Regardless Cover 2 really means Man coverage with 2 safeties over the top so in that sense ..... maybe the GMen were.

Yes. They were. You can run Cover 2 out of multiple formations. You can even run a Cover 2 blitz. The play has tons of variations to it.

And no, man coverage with 2 safeties is 2 Man Under, or 2 Under for short.

The Giants weren't running 2 Under, they were running Cover 2. They were in zone.

Rosebud
12-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Manning's having his best season, statistically-speaking, of his career and it's not even close.

Highest completion %, most passing touchdowns, best TD:INT ratio, best passer rating by almost ten points, highest ypa by over a full yard. He's been legit this year.

All with badly injured feet that have forced him to arm throw a lot instead of planting and stepping into his throws...