PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Vikings, Week 8

PackerLegend
10-26-2009, 07:56 PM
So does anyone know who the **** this Brent Farve guy is? ESPN already has a GB-MIN dedicated scroll line. I don't know about you guys but I hope Brent gets booed worse then Jay did in Denver. 3:15, going to seem like a long wait, hopefully its worth it.

the_legend_killer
10-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Isn't that the guy who QB'd the Falcons?

jackalope
10-26-2009, 09:40 PM
I'd like to see us actually blitz this time. We were way too content to have a three man rush and give him all day in week four.

Whistler6
10-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Did anyone else notice during the Viking game...

The guy who was called for a game-changing tripping penalty was the SAME guy who rammed a ref into the ground just 2 plays later. Coincidence?

It was Jeff Dugans. Hmmm, I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Whistler6
10-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Black Sunday. I will be in all black starting the game with a moment silence for the death of a family member. After that, it's Packers vs Vikings. Go Pack.

jackalope
10-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Did anyone else notice during the Viking game...

The guy who was called for a game-changing tripping penalty was the SAME guy who rammed a ref into the ground just 2 plays later. Coincidence?

It was Jeff Dugans. Hmmm, I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

I saw the guy run the ref over. Seemed like it wouldn't have been too hard to see him standing there.

Not sure if this has been talked about either, but Favre threw an obvious chop-block on the interception return that didn't get called.

Whistler6
10-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I saw the guy run the ref over. Seemed like it wouldn't have been too hard to see him standing there.

Not sure if this has been talked about either, but Favre threw an obvious chop-block on the interception return that didn't get called.

The penalty was widely disputed and definitely changed the game because I think Favre threw a TD on that play that got called back. I was thinking hmm maybe running the ref over wasn't necessarily an accident.

Favre's a king at diving below the waist whenever he can. When he's on your team it's awesome, when he's the opponent, it's dirty. Haha.

drowe
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm going to the game. gonna be awesome.

and, yes. must blitz more. AD hasn't been much of a factor for, really the last month. he can be stopped without giving up on pass defense.

on offense....i want to see a lot of runs early. all it takes is one instance of Grant getting a 10 yarder, and they'll have to look at the running game completely differently. these guys can be run on. all reports to the contrary are a myth.

TitleTown088
10-28-2009, 05:55 PM
The Minnesota Vikings have three starters fighting injuries: Wide receiver Bernard Berrian, middle linebacker E.J. Henderson and cornerback Antoine Winfield.

Berrian hurt his left hamstring last week at Pittsburgh. Winfield missed that game because of an injury to his right foot. Henderson's knee is on the mend. They were all held out of Wednesday's practice.

Packers got some injuries too.

I hope Clay and Kampman can sack the bastard this game. I can't handle another week of Favre on ESPN as the victor.

Despite the Oline, I think Rodgers tears it up in this game, especially if winfeild and co are out.

TitleTown088
10-28-2009, 07:06 PM
I posted this in the nfl thread...

Fox will stream a "Favre-cam" online that will be isolated on him at all times, starting in warm-ups Sunday.

Are you kidding me? As if I wouldn't see enough Favre.

jackalope
10-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I posted this in the nfl thread...

Are you kidding me? As if I wouldn't see enough Favre.

If this means the regular Fox broadcast never shows Favre outside of actual plays he's in, I'm fine with it. Unfortunately, we'll still see his face on the sideline after every play.

The good news is that we won't have to hear the MNF crew gush over every throw this time.

TitleTown088
10-29-2009, 05:49 PM
This game could likely be the division because the Packers and Vikings have relatively similar schedules from here on out, strength wise. The Bears? Well the Bears blow.

BloodBrother
10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Gonna be a nice cold day in Lambeau as well...finally the old fart has to play in real football conditions. We all have seen him break down big time during the 2nd half of seasons...its been a trend for a good 5 years now. After the NFCCG in 07 where he looked uncomfortable while Eli didn't seem to have a problem, it showed me that Favre is no longer a cold weather QB like he was billed in the past

I always saw this year as a split, with or without Favre, and I expect that to be the case this sunday. Vikes win in their dome, Pack win at lambeau. The rest will sort itself out

TitleTown088
10-30-2009, 04:43 PM
http://youbeenblinded.com/gilbert-brown-wants-to-fart-on-brett-favre/4373

The grave digger says he sack favre and fart on him.

Also, Minnesota ave in Green bay has been changed to Aaron Rodgers lane for the game. ha

the dude
10-31-2009, 09:29 PM
http://youbeenblinded.com/gilbert-brown-wants-to-fart-on-brett-favre/4373

The grave digger says he sack favre and fart on him.

Also, Minnesota ave in Green bay has been changed to Aaron Rodgers lane for the game. ha

lol! I was in green bay for the game against the lion and i met him and shook his hand. The grave digger was one of the reasons that i became a packers fan

TitleTown088
11-01-2009, 01:49 PM
35 FB Korey Hall
47 S Matt Giordano
68 T Breno Giacomini
72 C/G Jason Spitz
88 TE Jermichael Finley
87 WR Jordy Nelson
94 DE Jarius Wynn
99 LB Jeremy Thompson

That sucks, it sounded like FInley may get to go a few min ago.

princefielder28
11-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Aaron has to get rid of the football quicker

RockJock07
11-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Jolly should be benched for that awful play, let Raji take his place. Chiller had a similar type play in the 1st game and it hurt the packers. GB is really hurting themselves so far, stupid flag, short kickoffs and holding onto the ball to long.

as I type this, holding on the kickoff, fantastic....

cvv84
11-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Packers fans should be booing the Packers. So far in this game:

1) McCarthy calls a counter on a 2nd and 2 inside the Vikings 20 and gets stuffed. Rodgers takes a sack on the next play. Packers settle for a FG.

2) Quit using the shotgun every down! Damn are you stupid McCarthy? That takes all the suprise out of the play and lets the defense adjust easier as the play develops.

3) Rodgers.... Quit holding the ball so long! Throw it away, don't keep taking sacks. This is one thing that Favre did except he chucked it when he was about to take a sack which lead to INTs.

4) Run the ball more. 3rd and 1 and we line up in the shotgun?

5) Defense is wearing down. Johnny Jolly killed the vibe on defense. After that happened we went down hill.

This game is getting ugly and we're going to lose in a blowout. McCarthy needs to start calling plays better if this team is ever going to do anything. I'm sick of this zone blocking scheme **** and the shotgun offense.

princefielder28
11-01-2009, 04:35 PM
What an awful half of football

RockJock07
11-01-2009, 04:59 PM
This has been the worst I've seen the packers since last season in New Orleans on MNF. I don't even know where to start, where is the rush and where is Greg Jennings?

princefielder28
11-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Rodgers is getting rid of the ball quicker and look what happens

tjsunstein
11-01-2009, 05:31 PM
God damn special teams.

cvv84
11-01-2009, 06:34 PM
This game is on McCarthy. I don't care about the special teams. I don't care about Rodgers holding the ball too long. I don't care about the sacks.

At some point he needs to get back to doing what he did last year. Where are the slant passes? That WAS our offense and what made our WRs so dangerous. Rodgers dropped back and the ball was out so quickly that sacks were a non-issue. Thats what our offense is missing and all this shotgun ******** is ******* it up.

Also Grant only had 10 carries. He's a north-south runner and he's calling him for counters and sweeps? We don't have the beef on the offensive line to move the defenders.

I truely believe that we have the talent to become a good team but we're just not utilizing that talent like we should. If we can get back to those quick 3 step drops and run those slants again I think that the YAC of our WRs will start to show again. The 3-4 has been effective to a degree. We're stopping the run much better this year but our DBs just haven't adjusted to the zone coverage as well. Add in our lack of a pash rush and QBs have all day to pass against us. We again are in the bottom half of sacking the QB. I like Kampman but I think we need to replace him in the starting lineup. Get a guy like Jermey Thompson in there and let Kampman come in when we're in the nickel.

People need to start being held accountable. When Holmgren was here and someone committed a penalty he'd yank them for a play/series or whatever. **** like Jolly pulled is inexcusable and that went from being a 3 point series to a 7 point series.

I hate to say it but McCarthy has to be on the hot seat THIS SEASON. He only has 1 winning season so far and his failure to make the simplest of adjustments and blatent display of penalties being a non-issue is becoming arrogant like Mike Sherman used to be. This team has too much talent to be wasted by poor coaching and poor disipline.

Dr. Gonzo
11-01-2009, 06:38 PM
At least you guys made a game out of this near the end.

Favre4ever
11-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Although Favre made me a Packer fan since '92, i'm pissed that he came on our own turf and had his way with our D. I thought that we would be in his face all game long but it was inconsistent througout the whole game. Now, my take on this game;

-Kampman is just not cutting it as a 3-4 OLB, he does a great job against the run but just doesnt get to the QB and sometimes, gets handled by the tackle. Matthews is doing a fine job but we need somebody else on the other side which is the key to succes for the 3-4 Defense.

-We have to admit it, Minny is one heck of a football team. Their Dline and Oline are just a load to handle, they have the best running back in the NFL, a great weapon in Harvin and an upcoming star in Rice.

-Rodgers. What a stud. The guy gets pressure from everywhere, cant have a running game because of a weak Oline, minus his stud TE and he pulls off a gutsy performance like that.

-Offensive line; Horrible. If we get Clifton, Tauscher and Spitz next week, will it make a difference? This is our only hope for our season.

umphrey
11-01-2009, 08:01 PM
77 48 51
Those are yardage numbers from 3 kick returns from Harvin. We probably lost this game on special teams. If you factor in Green's crappy returns and the missed field goal then yeah we lost because of special teams. Trammon Williams strayed way out of his lane and was lazy trying to get back to the sidelines giving up a huge gain. Why does our special teams suck so much when our coaches make such a big deal about it in press conferences and when cutting players?

RockJock07
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
This game is on McCarthy. I don't care about the special teams. I don't care about Rodgers holding the ball too long. I don't care about the sacks.

At some point he needs to get back to doing what he did last year. Where are the slant passes? That WAS our offense and what made our WRs so dangerous. Rodgers dropped back and the ball was out so quickly that sacks were a non-issue. Thats what our offense is missing and all this shotgun ******** is ******* it up.

Also Grant only had 10 carries. He's a north-south runner and he's calling him for counters and sweeps? We don't have the beef on the offensive line to move the defenders.

I truely believe that we have the talent to become a good team but we're just not utilizing that talent like we should. If we can get back to those quick 3 step drops and run those slants again I think that the YAC of our WRs will start to show again. The 3-4 has been effective to a degree. We're stopping the run much better this year but our DBs just haven't adjusted to the zone coverage as well. Add in our lack of a pash rush and QBs have all day to pass against us. We again are in the bottom half of sacking the QB. I like Kampman but I think we need to replace him in the starting lineup. Get a guy like Jermey Thompson in there and let Kampman come in when we're in the nickel.

People need to start being held accountable. When Holmgren was here and someone committed a penalty he'd yank them for a play/series or whatever. **** like Jolly pulled is inexcusable and that went from being a 3 point series to a 7 point series.

I hate to say it but McCarthy has to be on the hot seat THIS SEASON. He only has 1 winning season so far and his failure to make the simplest of adjustments and blatent display of penalties being a non-issue is becoming arrogant like Mike Sherman used to be. This team has too much talent to be wasted by poor coaching and poor disipline.

Yeah, i agree, something has to be done with the coaching staff. MM's play calling is terrible. He is falling in love with the deep threat WR's he has and AR's big arm. MM wants to be a vertical passing team and that's great except GB doesn't have the horses up front to do that.

It's so frustrating to see this team waste the talent it has. Greg Jennings didn't have a catch until the 3rd quarter, he should be targeted at least 6-7 times per half.

Then on defense, where the hell was the blitz. You can't leave the QB 5 or 6 seconds before he either gets hit or is flushed out of the pocket. Campers blitzed the hell out of Culter in the 1st game this season but really hasn't done much since.

special teams was just awful today. Why the hell can't mason crosby get a kickoff into the endzone or at least to the 5? Harven had a running head start today and consistently fielded the ball between the 10 and 15, he wasn't touched until the 25 or 30.

Bright spots? Clay Matthews looks like he's the only one in the front 7 who showed up today. James Jones is a big play guy. Aaron looked ok, not great.

So what happens now? here is the rest of the season...

@ TB
Dallas
San Fran
@ Det (thanksgiving)
Balt (MNF)
@ Bears
@ Steelers
Seattle
@ Arizona

The pack need to beat Dallas at home, Dallas is starting to play better and if the packers want any shot at the playoffs they need to beat them. To be honest, the Packers need to go 7-2 the rest of the way. Losing to the Steelers is acceptable however all the other teams are beatable. I could maybe see them losing to Baltimore too but still they could really go 8-1. HAVE to beat the Bears. Going 8-1 puts them at 12-4 or 11-5 if they go 7-2.

Overall, the Vikings are clearly a better team than the Packers but the schedule sets up very well to at least put the packers in control to string some wins together and making a serious playoff run.

cvv84
11-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Although Favre made me a Packer fan since '92, i'm pissed that he came on our own turf and had his way with our D. I thought that we would be in his face all game long but it was inconsistent througout the whole game. Now, my take on this game;

-Kampman is just not cutting it as a 3-4 OLB, he does a great job against the run but just doesnt get to the QB and sometimes, gets handled by the tackle. Matthews is doing a fine job but we need somebody else on the other side which is the key to succes for the 3-4 Defense.

-We have to admit it, Minny is one heck of a football team. Their Dline and Oline are just a load to handle, they have the best running back in the NFL, a great weapon in Harvin and an upcoming star in Rice.

-Rodgers. What a stud. The guy gets pressure from everywhere, cant have a running game because of a weak Oline, minus his stud TE and he pulls off a gutsy performance like that.

-Offensive line; Horrible. If we get Clifton, Tauscher and Spitz next week, will it make a difference? This is our only hope for our season.

Matthews is looking pretty good so far. Better than I expected. I agree with you that we need someone on the other side other than Kampman. I'd love to see Jermery Thompson get a chance and let Kampman play with his hand on the ground in the nickel.

Honestly though, I'm not very impressed with the Vikings. They're a better team than we are but without a few things going their way it could've been completely different. They're also playing the same soft schedule we are. They have some good pieces but what happens when they stop playing perfect ball? Thats only a matter of time.

Rodgers was fine but he's still holding onto the ball way too long. He's waiting for a WR to be wide open and seems timid in throwing into tight coverage. I don't know if he's affraid to make a mistake or what. As I said eailer too I think we need to get back to that slant pass which would put the ball in our playmakers hands.

Oline wasn't really too bad today. 3 sacks were Rodgers holding the ball too long. Other than that I think that lining up in the shotgun is hurting us because 90% of the time its going to be a pass. McCarthy needs to get Rodgers under center more. I'd actually feel more comfortable keeping Lang and Barbre in than brining back Clifton and starting Tauscher, who hasn't started in over a year. Spitz would be the only improvement if you ask me and really, Wells hasn't played that bad.

cvv84
11-01-2009, 08:40 PM
So what happens now? here is the rest of the season...

@ TB
Dallas
San Fran
@ Det (thanksgiving)
Balt (MNF)
@ Bears
@ Steelers
Seattle
@ Arizona

The pack need to beat Dallas at home, Dallas is starting to play better and if the packers want any shot at the playoffs they need to beat them. To be honest, the Packers need to go 7-2 the rest of the way. Losing to the Steelers is acceptable however all the other teams are beatable. I could maybe see them losing to Baltimore too but still they could really go 8-1. HAVE to beat the Bears. Going 8-1 puts them at 12-4 or 11-5 if they go 7-2.

Overall, the Vikings are clearly a better team than the Packers but the schedule sets up very well to at least put the packers in control to string some wins together and making a serious playoff run.

I don't know but this is not a playoff team. We're beating up crap teams that we should beat and splitting with descent/good teams. I see maybe 4 or 5 wins tops but I think we'll be lucky to finish 8-8 at that.

Favre4ever
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Matthews is looking pretty good so far. Better than I expected. I agree with you that we need someone on the other side other than Kampman. I'd love to see Jermery Thompson get a chance and let Kampman play with his hand on the ground in the nickel.

Honestly though, I'm not very impressed with the Vikings. They're a better team than we are but without a few things going their way it could've been completely different. They're also playing the same soft schedule we are. They have some good pieces but what happens when they stop playing perfect ball? Thats only a matter of time.

Rodgers was fine but he's still holding onto the ball way too long. He's waiting for a WR to be wide open and seems timid in throwing into tight coverage. I don't know if he's affraid to make a mistake or what. As I said eailer too I think we need to get back to that slant pass which would put the ball in our playmakers hands.

Oline wasn't really too bad today. 3 sacks were Rodgers holding the ball too long. Other than that I think that lining up in the shotgun is hurting us because 90% of the time its going to be a pass. McCarthy needs to get Rodgers under center more. I'd actually feel more comfortable keeping Lang and Barbre in than brining back Clifton and starting Tauscher, who hasn't started in over a year. Spitz would be the only improvement if you ask me and really, Wells hasn't played that bad.

Rodgers is holding on too long, true, especially on that sack in the red zone in the 3rd quarter where he should have step in the pocket, he could have walk in the end zone. Not having Finley didnt help, although Havner was awsome.

My beef with the O-Line is that they're getting overpowered by everybody and i mean everybody. Even last week against Cleveland, the pocket was collapsing way too easily. They can barely get a push to open holes for the running backs. Like many have said this ZBS doesnt makes sense for our team at all, being a cold weather team.

cvv84
11-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Rodgers is holding on too long, true, especially on that sack in the red zone in the 3rd quarter where he should have step in the pocket, he could have walk in the end zone. Not having Finley didnt help, although Havner was awsome.

My beef with the O-Line is that they're getting overpowered by everybody and i mean everybody. Even last week against Cleveland, the pocket was collapsing way too easily. They can barely get a push to open holes for the running backs. Like many have said this ZBS doesnt makes sense for our team at all, being a cold weather team.

Even if he just throws the ball away I'd be fine with that. He's taking un-neccessary hits and now he seems to have re-injured himself again. I like how he's careful with the ball but at some point he needs to figure out if the play is going to develop or not and get the ball out to either a WR or out of bounds. He's the 1 guy we can't afford to lose.

Yeah we need to scrap this ZBS and as someone eluded to in another thread, we need to get guys to focus on 1 position instead of 3.

GB12
11-01-2009, 10:04 PM
At some point he needs to get back to doing what he did last year. Where are the slant passes? That WAS our offense and what made our WRs so dangerous. Rodgers dropped back and the ball was out so quickly that sacks were a non-issue. Thats what our offense is missing and all this shotgun ******** is ******* it up.That was when we had a line that could protect without help so we could spread out the defense with 4 or 5 WRs. If we have to keep two guys into block it clogs up the middle of the field and takes away those slants. McCarthy's play calling hasn't been great this year, but under the conditions I think he's doing a fine job. I'm sure he'd love to go back to what we had last year, but until the line can hold its own we can't. McCarthy has had to make so many adjustments to help protect it's ridiculous. Not only does the bad line play hurt in terms of giving time and giving up sacks, but it severely cuts down the play book.

As for the shotgun, that is again due to our line. By putting Rodgers in the gun it gives him a chance to scan the field earlier and make his reads. It also puts him 5 yards back already so he doesn't have to waste time dropping back. If we tried passing from under center all the time he wouldn't even be able to make his drop before he'd be sacked.

Also Grant only had 10 carries. He's a north-south runner and he's calling him for counters and sweeps? We don't have the beef on the offensive line to move the defenders. The Vikings have the best run defense in the NFL. Why would we pound the run? That would have been stupid. As for the north-south runner comment, in case you didn't know the Vikings have Pat and Kevin Williams in the middle of their line. Again that would have stupid to pound the run up the middle. When we've played the Vikings in the past we've had success running Grant to the outside. That was absolutely the right thing to do.

I like Kampman but I think we need to replace him in the starting lineup. Get a guy like Jermey Thompson in there and let Kampman come in when we're in the nickel. That would be a terrible move. I can't believe someone would actually suggest that. Kampman is 10 times better than Thompson will ever be. Put Thompson in and you'll get the same thing against the pass (probably even worse) and much worse against the run. People are way too down on Kampman anyway. He's actually played damn well this season, especially for his first year as a LB. The problem comes when you expect him to put up DeMarcus Ware sack numbers. He's hasn't been his usual self when it comes to pass rushing, but he hasn't been bad at it either. It also doesn't help that he isn't being used right as a pass rusher. I like Dom Capers and think he's done a great job on the most part, but this is one of the places he's missed. Kampman should never drop into coverage on 3rd down. He did more than once today and the Vikings converted not that it was directly on him though. On third and 4+ Kampman needs to be in his normal DE stance and getting after the QB. I know that confusion and bringing the blitz from different angles is a part of the 3-4, but on third down Kampman always should be pass rushing. Even if the offense knows he's coming it's going to be a lot more effective than blitzing Al Harris and dropping Kampman. Overall I'm satisfied with Kampman as a 3-4 OLB. If Capers starts to utilize him better against the pass he could be ridiculously good.

Vikes99ej
11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Good game guys.

cvv84
11-01-2009, 10:18 PM
That was when we had a line that could protect without help so we could spread out the defense with 4 or 5 WRs. If we have to keep two guys into block it clogs up the middle of the field and takes away those slants. McCarthy's play calling hasn't been great this year, but under the conditions I think he's doing a fine job. I'm sure he'd love to go back to what we had last year, but until the line can hold its own we can't. McCarthy has had to make so many adjustments to help protect it's ridiculous. Not only does the bad line play hurt in terms of giving time and giving up sacks, but it severely cuts down the play book.

As for the shotgun, that is again due to our line. By putting Rodgers in the gun it gives him a chance to scan the field earlier and make his reads. It also puts him 5 yards back already so he doesn't have to waste time dropping back. If we tried passing from under center all the time he wouldn't even be able to make his drop before he'd be sacked.

I know why we're doing it but this is pretty much the same line or at least around the same talent level as the line last season. Drop back and throw. It eliminated the need of the shotgun, doesn't put the defense in an all out pass rush, and we don't need the big 5 formation to do it. Driver, Jennings, Jones/Nelson/Finley - get the ball in their hands and let then get their YAC.

We're keeping in 1/2/3 extra blockers and going to the shotgun because McCarthy is trying to key to the deep ball instead of those short slants and intermediate routes. We can do a 3 step drop and pass, McCarthy chooses not too.

The Vikings have the best run defense in the NFL. Why would we pound the run? That would have been stupid. As for the north-south runner comment, in case you didn't know the Vikings have Pat and Kevin Williams in the middle of their line. Again that would have stupid to pound the run up the middle. When we've played the Vikings in the past we've had success running Grant to the outside. That was absolutely the right thing to do.

Why pound the run? To keep them on their toes. Whats the point of passing every down? And actually the Vikings have the 10th best run defense in the NFL and average nearly 100 yards allowed a game. Grants best runs today were up the middle. Their LBs flew to the ball and stuffed him on the outside runs. Not sure which game you were watching today.

That would be a terrible move. I can't believe someone would actually suggest that. Kampman is 10 times better than Thompson will ever be. Put Thompson in and you'll get the same thing against the pass (probably even worse) and much worse against the run. People are way too down on Kampman anyway. He's actually played damn well this season, especially for his first year as a LB. The problem comes when you expect him to put up DeMarcus Ware sack numbers. He's hasn't been his usual self when it comes to pass rushing, but he hasn't been bad at it either. It also doesn't help that he isn't being used right as a pass rusher. I like Dom Capers and think he's done a great job on the most part, but this is one of the places he's missed. Kampman should never drop into coverage on 3rd down. He did more than once today and the Vikings converted not that it was directly on him though. On third and 4+ Kampman needs to be in his normal DE stance and getting after the QB. I know that confusion and bringing the blitz from different angles is a part of the 3-4, but on third down Kampman always should be pass rushing. Even if the offense knows he's coming it's going to be a lot more effective than blitzing Al Harris and dropping Kampman. Overall I'm satisfied with Kampman as a 3-4 OLB. If Capers starts to utilize him better against the pass he could be ridiculously good.

Kampman may be a better pass rusher but he's not doing it standing up. All the talk of camp was how good and natural Jermey Thompson looked at OLB. You can't use your best rush LB, Clay Matthews, effectively when you're getting no pressure from the other side. Keep drinking the kool-aid, I love Kampman but he's not getting it done. We need more pressure from his side in order to get Matthews to make his full impact.

Favre4ever
11-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Kampman just doesnt have the explosion to cause some havoc in the backfield when hes standing up which is key for a 3-4 OLB. Hes stout as run stopper though but we need more production from him. If he ould get going, the defense would be a notch better.

As for Rodgers again, he needs a playmaker out of the backfield, Westbrook type. That would really take a lot of pressure off him.

PACKmanN
11-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Kampman just doesnt have the explosion to cause some havoc in the backfield when hes standing up which is key for a 3-4 OLB. Hes stout as run stopper though but we need more production from him. If he ould get going, the defense would be a notch better.

As for Rodgers again, he needs a playmaker out of the backfield, Westbrook type. That would really take a lot of pressure off him.

If we move Spitz to C, depending on Clifton resigining, we would need a LT, LG, and RT.

PackerLegend
11-02-2009, 04:39 PM
If Jolly wouldn't have been a dumb*** the game would have been tied at one point. Its a shame our offense only showed up in the 2nd half otherwise no matter how poorly our D did this game would have been alot different.

cvv84
11-02-2009, 05:13 PM
If Jolly wouldn't have been a dumb*** the game would have been tied at one point. Its a shame our offense only showed up in the 2nd half otherwise no matter how poorly our D did this game would have been alot different.

It was a stupid momentum killing penalty but in fairness to the defense I thought they played decent in the 1st half with our offense not giving them any time to rest. It still amazes me that we held the ball for 5 more minutes than the Vikings.