PDA

View Full Version : Week 8: Denver @ Baltimore

coordinator0
10-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Both the Ravens and Broncos are coming off of bye weeks, so that advantage goes out the window for both teams. This should be a very good game with two studly offensive lines protecting Orton and Flacco. I'm looking forward to what should be a highly entertaining game. So, who ya got?

Edit: Whoops forgot to make the poll public. If any mod can do that I would be much obliged :D.

dcarey20
10-27-2009, 11:01 AM
I think we have a good chance to come away with a W in this one, however I've watched this team find ways to lose for 3 straight weeks, and until I see otherwise, I don't think I'll be able to predict a win.

Broncos 31
Ravens 28

Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal go nuts.

mikedoobie
10-27-2009, 02:33 PM
bad feelings all around for this game. We have to shut out their offense and someone better light a fire on our d. We have to hit Orton alot while they may not be sacks with josh mcdaniels quick hit offense we can make him un accurate on his throw and take away the yac yards.
But i think our offense will find holes in the Denver D which should keep us tight. Hopefully we can get ahead to take away the running game of Moreno who is a stud

prediction
ravens 27
broncos 21

EdReedUnstoppable
10-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Broncos 28
Ravens 24

Ravens1991
10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
there team is a match up nightmare, nice passing game w/ a great defense I am nervous as well

America
10-27-2009, 11:18 PM
I don't want to predict a win cause all homerisms aside I just can't see it happening. They match up too well with us. If we play like we have been

Broncos 30
Ravens 24

But it all hinges on the improvements of the defense over these past 2 weeks. I think if they get their **** together and can run a complex defense we have a much better chance of helping out our corners.

So my homer will say

Ravens 27
Broncos 24

Hines
10-28-2009, 12:47 AM
I think I will go with the Ravens this week. They are going to be fired up after losing three straight games. I think the Broncos will be just like the Titans last year.

Ravens 21
Broncos 17

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-28-2009, 03:01 PM
I read on PFT that Harbaugh has yet to say Jared Gaither will be playing at LT, I'm pretty sure he'll play, but why in the world would they consider moving Gaither to the right, and keeping Oher at LT? makes no sense to me, unless they are looking at the situation financially because they don't wanna pay Gaither as a LT, and would rather pay him as an RT.

thoughts on this?

coordinator0
10-28-2009, 03:43 PM
I read on PFT that Harbaugh has yet to say Jared Gaither will be playing at LT, I'm pretty sure he'll play, but why in the world would they consider moving Gaither to the right, and keeping Oher at LT? makes no sense to me, unless they are looking at the situation financially because they don't wanna pay Gaither as a LT, and would rather pay him as an RT.

thoughts on this?

I'm thinking it's just to keep the Broncos in the dark as much as anything else, but the financial issue is interesting. I don't think Rosenhaus (Gaither's agent) would fall for that crap though.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-28-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm thinking it's just to keep the Broncos in the dark as much as anything else, but the financial issue is interesting. I don't think Rosenhaus (Gaither's agent) would fall for that crap though.

true, plus, they need to stop being cheap and pay these studs the money that they deserve, when I say that, I use the letting go of Jason Brown as an example.

coordinator0
10-28-2009, 05:24 PM
true, plus, they need to stop being cheap and pay these studs the money that they deserve, when I say that, I use the letting go of Jason Brown as an example.

I think letting Jason Brown go was more of a numbers game than us not wanting to pay him. It was either him or Suggs/Lewis, and I would say that they made the right decision. Some say a deal should have been made sooner, but I would be willing to put money on Brown not wanting to get a deal done early so he could go to the FA market and make a ton of money. Hope he's happy with all the $ with the Rams :D.

Ravens1991
10-28-2009, 05:27 PM
it is fine let Brown go, we got Birk our o-line hasnt missed a beat, when he retires we can put Hale/chester/yanda there and I dont think we will miss a beast as well.

Also if we signed Brown we probably wouldnt have signed Foxworth. I know you can make a case Foxworth is a bust but if he isnt signed. Chris Carr or Frank Walker would be a starting CB for this team. YIKES

A Perfect Score
10-28-2009, 05:35 PM
I really believe we stand a better chance then you are giving us credit for. We will shut down their running game no problem IMO, and if we roll Ed Reed towards Brandon Marshall and get someone to get after Orton, we should be fine.

We actually match up really well against that D. Its all about pressure, and I feel as though if they blitz us heavily, Ray Rice will tear them apart with those little screen passes he is so good at. Im saying the game is within 7 points, and Ill give the Ravens the edge.

Ravens1991
10-28-2009, 05:38 PM
someone getting after Orton will be a problem. There O-line may be better then ours and Orton is very smart w/ the football.

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-28-2009, 07:18 PM
agreed, Denver's o-line is one of the best in the game, if not THE best. Getting pressure is not going to be easy for the Ravens, especially with how they have been struggling thus far. I pray Greg Mattison changed things up, cause that boring base 43 was killing our own defense, not the opposing offense.

coordinator0
10-28-2009, 07:28 PM
agreed, Denver's o-line is one of the best in the game, if not THE best. Getting pressure is not going to be easy for the Ravens, especially with how they have been struggling thus far. I pray Greg Mattison changed things up, cause that boring base 43 was killing our own defense, not the opposing offense.

Actually when we went to the 4-3 front with Ngata and McKinney at DT against the Vikings we were pretty damn good. Both run-stuffing and getting pressure up the middle. He does need to change things though, or at least adjust to what's actually working and go with that.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-29-2009, 12:52 AM
I think letting Jason Brown go was more of a numbers game than us not wanting to pay him. It was either him or Suggs/Lewis, and I would say that they made the right decision. Some say a deal should have been made sooner, but I would be willing to put money on Brown not wanting to get a deal done early so he could go to the FA market and make a ton of money. Hope he's happy with all the $ with the Rams :D.

What do the Ravens and Rams have in common?.........No playoffs this year! Jason Brown is probably not happy with the Rams but odds are he isn't wishing he was still a Raven, he prolly just wishes he had signed with Cincy or Pittsburgh or New England.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Actually when we went to the 4-3 front with Ngata and McKinney at DT against the Vikings we were pretty damn good. Both run-stuffing and getting pressure up the middle. He does need to change things though, or at least adjust to what's actually working and go with that.

McKinney needs to get more time out there, hate to say this cause I like the guy but Kelly Gregg is done. I watch him during games and he is not the same Kelly Gregg anymore, Olineman just push him around. McKinney is young and could be a good long-term solution at NT.

dcarey20
10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
it is fine let Brown go, we got Birk our o-line hasnt missed a beat, when he retires we can put Hale/chester/yanda there and I dont think we will miss a beast as well.

Also if we signed Brown we probably wouldnt have signed Foxworth. I know you can make a case Foxworth is a bust but if he isnt signed. Chris Carr or Frank Walker would be a starting CB for this team. YIKES

I wish we would have signed Jabari Greer, or even Andre Goodman.

ChefMike
10-29-2009, 05:29 PM
All depends on the secondary. If Frank Walker plays a significant amount of the plays we are screwed...

coordinator0
10-29-2009, 06:24 PM
I wish we would have signed Jabari Greer, or even Andre Goodman.

It's all hindsight now though. I would bet that Greer wouldn't be doing any better with us than Foxworth is now. It's hard when you don't have any help :(. The rest of NO secondary are making big plays consistently, where as ours isn't.

America
11-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Jairus Byrd has 2 picks today, 7 in 6 starts. I wanted him so badly.

coordinator0
11-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I like Byrd too, but we didn't need a FS that high (at all really).

America
11-01-2009, 12:46 PM
At least Frank Walker is inactive today. How does Webb look?

coordinator0
11-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Frank Walker inactive, and our defense showing up. Coincidence? I think NOT!

coordinator0
11-01-2009, 01:36 PM
At least Frank Walker is inactive today. How does Webb look?

Webb = pure awesome. At least on returns :D.

America
11-01-2009, 01:36 PM
And there goes WEBB!!!

trkaline
11-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Broncos will finally have an L...

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-01-2009, 02:29 PM
wow, I swear I predicted Webb to take it to the house on that 2nd half opener but w/e. But I think we finally have a solid KR since Jermaine Lewis. Now, lets hope our defense can hold out Denver, there up 23-7 and have been playing great thus far, LETS FINSH BALTIMORE!!! LETS GO!

Bengalsrocket
11-01-2009, 02:40 PM
What do the Ravens and Rams have in common?.........No playoffs this year! Jason Brown is probably not happy with the Rams but odds are he isn't wishing he was still a Raven, he prolly just wishes he had signed with Cincy or Pittsburgh or New England.

Center was considered our biggest or second biggest need in the off season, we would have loved Jason Brown in Cincy.

America
11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
It seems like every other carry for Ray Rice has been for -4 yards. What's going on? Is it our line or their's and their linebackers.

coordinator0
11-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Great win today by the Ravens, we really needed this one. Our defense was much better, although I'm not quite sure it was because of a change in game-plan. Our guys just played well and beat their blocks.

On a side note, Ngata just sprained his ankle and the x-rays were negative. I would expect to see him back next week for sure.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-01-2009, 03:13 PM
whew, thank god, Ngata is huge for us. thanks for that update cordinator0.

But yeah, great win, Ravens desperatley needed this one and they played like it. Every aspect of the team played well, Chris Carr did great fielding punts and on defense, Foxworth had a great game and wow, what a job from Joe Flacco and the offense. Denver's defense is pretty damn good, I thought the o-line played well in pass protection and those negative plays in the run game were just a result of Denver's defense playing great. I thought Kelley Washington had a HUGE game and I think he should be utlized even more. Clayton and Mason both impressed me. On special teams, I was beyond impressed, we did a fantastic job on Eddie Royal on every kickoff as well as punt. and what a great job blocking, was Webb even touched on his Kick return? Let's hope and pray the Ravens can mantain this level of play throughout the rest of the season, it was fantastic.

Ravens1991
11-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Awesome game.

-We dominated this game in all aspects of the game, and we got some horrible officiating calls against us. It seemed like when ever a denver WR asked for a flag they got 1.

-We finally generate pressure on D, we got nice pressure on a elite OL

-Our CB were actually out there batting down passes showing

-Chris Carr actually look like he tried

-My 2 prophecies out of the draft Ellerbe and Webb looked awesome, I need Riley to become good and my casual Ravens fans friends will think I am a genius

-Did Mcgahee do something to get into the dog house again?

-How many plays on 3rd down is Kelly Washington going to have to make to actually get a pass thrown to him that isnt on 3rd down? Mason/Clayton can also play slot as well, I would love to see us line up in 3 WR sets and have Washington outside one play w/ Clayton in the slot.

dcarey20
11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
OWNAGE.....

coordinator0
11-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Awesome game.

-We dominated this game in all aspects of the game, and we got some horrible officiating calls against us. It seemed like when ever a denver WR asked for a flag they got 1.

-We finally generate pressure on D, we got nice pressure on a elite OL

-Our CB were actually out there batting down passes showing

-Chris Carr actually look like he tried

-My 2 prophecies out of the draft Ellerbe and Webb looked awesome, I need Riley to become good and my casual Ravens fans friends will think I am a genius

-Did Mcgahee do something to get into the dog house again?

-How many plays on 3rd down is Kelly Washington going to have to make to actually get a pass thrown to him that isnt on 3rd down? Mason/Clayton can also play slot as well, I would love to see us line up in 3 WR sets and have Washington outside one play w/ Clayton in the slot.

He hasn't played very well lately. I know he hasn't played much, but in the limited time he's in he doesn't show any reason to keep him out there. I kind of like Rice getting a lot of carries (fantasy team), but I think Willis will get back into shape soon. Maybe...

SeanTaylorRIP
11-01-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm no Mcgahee fan but you can't really make the determination that he's not playing well when he got 2 touches today, and 1 touch against the Bengals.

Hines
11-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Ok, back to rooting against the Ravens. I wanted to Ravens to win to full expose the Broncos and to make my point even more clear that they will fold like the Titans did last season. Deep down I still feel like San Diego will win that division.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-01-2009, 09:49 PM
I have no problem with McGahee not getting a lot of touches. Rice is and should be our main back. We don't run the ball enough to let them both get carries.

Ravens1991
11-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I am still pissed I missed Webbs TD. My dad made me go w/ him so we can get food, I am like his biggest fan and I miss the damn TD.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Amazing game, in the parking lot Im hangin with my best friends one is a Ravens fan, one a Broncos fan and I told the Broncos fan if you see #59 on the field more than #56 then your team is in trouble!! Ellerbe needs to be the other starting ILB, he is what Bart Scott would be if Bart Scott had any talent. He completes this defense, he needs to start over Gooden and Webb needas to continue to take defensive snaps away from Chris Carr.

And can we go 4 wide and actually put #87 in the game? I know the great and powerful Harbaugh doesnt like him but the dude can play the game, give him a chance!

Love seeing Josh McDaniels not smiling, I really cannot stand him! Down 30-7 and you call a timeout with 19 seconds left, then spike the ball with 3 seconds left. He deserved to have Marshall or Orton get hurt on one of those plays for being such a dickhead!

EdReedUnstoppable
11-02-2009, 01:51 AM
What really sucks is because of the 3 game losing streak you really dont get to enjoy this win for very long, because if you go out to Cincy and lay an egg you're done. As soon as the clock ticked down to zero all I could think was "better be 6-3 when you come back from this road trip".

niel89
11-02-2009, 02:46 AM
More Ray Rice all the time. He is really developing into a great back. I didnt see him being that great of a back when we took him in the 2nd round, but I was very wrong. He is great running or catching.

Now we need to get him a good back up to give him some rest, and not McGahee. He just looks like he isnt trying every time he gets the ball. He just wont hit the hole with some steam. I just wish we had Lorenzo Neal so we could use Mcclain as a Rb more to grind teams down.

Kelly Washington deserves the ball some more. I know there are only a limited amount of catches with Mason, Rice, Heap and Clayton, but Washington is playing better and better. Also I liked the little first down dart thing he did.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Ok, back to rooting against the Ravens. I wanted to Ravens to win to full expose the Broncos and to make my point even more clear that they will fold like the Titans did last season. Deep down I still feel like San Diego will win that division.

yeah I agree, coming into this game I STILL wasn't a believer in the Broncos, I mean, they needed a miracle to beat the Bengals, they then had to cake teams in Cleveland and Oakland, then they barely beat Dallas and barely beat New England when they were outta sync.(I bet the Pats would beat em a second time around) They beat San Diego, mainly cause San Diego isn't very good defensively. I think they'll lose next week to Pittsburgh as well, they are just a team with a good solid defense but just a game managing offense.

As for Ellerbe, I am definitely w/ ERU on having him as the starter, he is the type of linebacker we need playing next to Lewis, the strong, physical guy who blows up blocks and is a sure tackler. I'm glad he's getting more and more playing time.

dcarey20
11-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Ellerbe's playing extremely well, really happy with him. As far as making him a starter, I'm actually pretty content with how he's being used. I like he and Tavares getting reps, because I think they complement each other well. Ellerbe's that thumper that will come up and pop you pretty good in the run game, while Gooden is finesse and can make plays with his athleticism.

coordinator0
11-02-2009, 11:16 AM
I agree with dcarey. Gooden never seemed like a good fint alongside Ray, yet he still brings things to that table that Ellerbe doesn't and vice-versa. I like our future at LB with Ellerbe and Gooden, whether we play 3-4 or 4-3. These guys seem versatile enough to capably handle either. Hopefully we stay in the 3-4, it's looking like Ellerbe can become that thumper (I think it's called the "Jack" position on our defense) needed to take on blocks and stop the run.

Hines
11-02-2009, 11:19 AM
The Ravens exposed the Broncos lack of an explosive offense. Yeah they have Marshall and Royal, but Orton isn't the type to win games. He is a winner because he has had a strong defense and manages games, but he won't win games himself.

That said, I am still not scared of the Ravens. They seemed to be more angry and played very physically, but the defensive backfield and passing game still makes me question how well they will do when a team spreads them out and stops their running game. Flacco is a beast, but doesn't have the weapons to further his development. Rice, Mason, and Heap are nice, but he needs more. Heap is always injured, Mason is getting older, and Rice can't do it all by himself, especially at his small stature.

coordinator0
11-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Well, Heap isn't injured this year (or last year much for that matter) so I think that doesn't play into anything right now. With the way FLacco spreads the ball around, we don't really need that beastly receiver. He just goes for the open guy, which I love.

But hey, we've still got a few weeks until the Ravens-Steelers flame wars. Let's save it until then ;).

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-02-2009, 12:13 PM
ERU you have no clue what you are talking about if you think Bart Scott don't have any talent and HWJR Mason being old has nothing to do with this season. I can't wait for next week to avenge our loss to Cincy

EdReedUnstoppable
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
ERU you have no clue what you are talking about if you think Bart Scott don't have any talent and HWJR Mason being old has nothing to do with this season. I can't wait for next week to avenge our loss to Cincy

He's overrated because he runs his mouth (while not backing it up however). He's really not that good of a player on the field.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-02-2009, 01:28 PM
He's overrated because he runs his mouth (while not backing it up however). He's really not that good of a player on the field.

I don't think he is overrated. I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is but he is solid stopping the run in coverage and getting to the QB. You might not like the guy but he is a good LB.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-03-2009, 07:00 AM
He was kinda overrated, but he was a huge part of the Baltimore Raven defense. What he brought (physicality, ability to stop the run, block up/take on blocks, drop into coverage, blitz) was huge for Ray Lewis. Scott did the dirty work, which let Ray rely on his instincts and go out and make plays all over. With Scott gone, there is an obvious hole which I think can be filled in effectively by Ellerbe, he does many things like Scott did for us, I pray he gets more PT.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-03-2009, 07:31 AM
I don't think he is overrated. I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is but he is solid stopping the run in coverage and getting to the QB. You might not like the guy but he is a good LB.

He is extremely overrated, there are people out there who think he is one of the best LBs in the league for Christ's sake. He is not a good LB he is an average at best LB, his tackling technique is awful because he is always trying to make the big hit to back up the trash talking he did to get his face out there for everyone to see. He is complete and total garbage! He is also one of the worst coverage LBs I've ever seen, he really doesn't bring anything more than toughness.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-03-2009, 08:21 AM
He is extremely overrated, there are people out there who think he is one of the best LBs in the league for Christ's sake. He is not a good LB he is an average at best LB, his tackling technique is awful because he is always trying to make the big hit to back up the trash talking he did to get his face out there for everyone to see. He is complete and total garbage! He is also one of the worst coverage LBs I've ever seen, he really doesn't bring anything more than toughness.

agreed, but the role he played here in Baltimore fit him perfectly. Everyone of his strengths were utilized to the fullest, thanks to Rex Ryan. You could argue that Scott was just a product of the system when he was in Baltimore, but I don't know how well he's doing in New York, so I won't say that. All I am saying is that he was big in his role he played here, how he plays in other defenses without guys like Suggs, Lewis, Reed, Ngata will determine how good of a linebacker his is. Stat wise, he is garbage - 51 tackles and just 1 sack, but then again, those are just stats.

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 08:30 AM
I will always like Scott for that 2006 season and that hit on Big Ben then the "hot sauce" comment after he broke Reggie Bushes ankle or w/e. But after that he has always been just well rounded and solid at everything. We just have a bunch of young guys thats why we were hurting because they never had 4-5 years to ride the bench and develop like Scott did. I like scott he brought a Ray Lewis like work ethic, toughness, and swag but I wouldnt have payed 48 million for it. Now that Ellerbe is getting more experienced we should be fine.

coordinator0
11-03-2009, 08:30 AM
agreed, but the role he played here in Baltimore fit him perfectly. Everyone of his strengths were utilized to the fullest, thanks to Rex Ryan. You could argue that Scott was just a product of the system when he was in Baltimore, but I don't know how well he's doing in New York, so I won't say that. All I am saying is that he was big in his role he played here, how he plays in other defenses without guys like Suggs, Lewis, Reed, Ngata will determine how good of a linebacker his is. Stat wise, he is garbage - 51 tackles and just 1 sack, but then again, those are just stats.

Well, since the Jets use the same system that the Ravens did last year he probably fits in well there. I agree that Bart is overrated by the majority of fans (especially ESPN), but for what he did in Baltimore he was good at it. He would probably do well in that role for any team that runs the 3-4.

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 08:37 AM
we still got to respect the hit Scott laid on Big Ben. Possibly the hardest hit in Ravens history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcwXBMDk9p0&feature=fvst

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-03-2009, 08:46 AM
we still got to respect the hit Scott laid on Big Ben. Possibly the hardest hit in Ravens history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcwXBMDk9p0&feature=fvst

yeah, that hit was insane, but there's no way that's the hardest hit in Raven history. Ray Lewis owns that, he just has way too many.

Also, I'm sure many of you are aware of the Browns and the firing of George Kokinis, is there any chance he returns to Baltimore's front office? I don't blame him 1 bit for the disaster in Cleveland, all that is on Mangini.

Hines
11-03-2009, 08:48 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4QGKlluCU0o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4QGKlluCU0o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZsxaNLKybyM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZsxaNLKybyM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGRFqOipcTg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGRFqOipcTg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:D

terribletowel39
11-03-2009, 08:53 AM
yeah, that hit was insane, but there's no way that's the hardest hit in Raven history. Ray Lewis owns that, he just has way too many.
I agree, if that is the biggest hit in Ravens history, the Ravens are a bunch of pansies. Ben wakes up to hits that hard. Ryan Clark hits someone harder than that every week.

:) Just getting the competitive juices flowing. haha

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-03-2009, 08:57 AM
I agree, if that is the biggest hit in Ravens history, the Ravens are a bunch of pansies. Ben wakes up to hits that hard. Ryan Clark hits someone harder than that every week.

:) Just getting the competitive juices flowing. haha

I am pretty sure Big Ben said that was the hardest he has ever been hit. That hit was a huge hit. Don't try to down play it. I have seen both Ed Reed and Ray Lewis hit someone harder but that was a monster hit. Bart Scotts hit on Pennington in the Playoffs last year was a good one also

Hines
11-03-2009, 08:58 AM
I am pretty sure Big Ben said that was the hardest he has ever been hit. That hit was a huge hit. Don't try to down play it. I have seen both Ed Reed and Ray Lewis hit someone harder but that was a monster hit. Bart Scotts hit on Pennington in the Playoffs last year was a good one also

The hits I posted were a lot harder than Scott's ***** hit. :D

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-03-2009, 09:01 AM

Only the Clark hit on Mcgahee. Do you remember Mendenhall getting his body broke by getting hit by Ray Lewis?

Hines
11-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Only the Clark hit on Mcgahee. Do you remember Mendenhall getting his body broke by getting hit by Ray Lewis?

With how Mendenhall ran last year, I was surprised someone didn't do it earlier. He still kinda runs scared, but he's getting better. I remember like 4 years back when the Bus ran over and dragged little Ray Ray down the field. I also remember Joey Porter challanging Ray Lewis to a fight and Ray Ray stayed on the bus.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-03-2009, 09:06 AM
With how Mendenhall ran last year, I was surprised someone didn't do it earlier. He still kinda runs scared, but he's getting better. I remember like 4 years back when the Bus ran over and dragged little Ray Ray down the field. I also remember Joey Porter challanging Ray Lewis to a fight and Ray Ray stayed on the bus.

Right because getting off the bus would of been smart? That could be the dumbest argument I have ever heard. We are talking about football hits.

A Perfect Score
11-03-2009, 09:07 AM

Ray Lewis hits harder then any player on the Steelers. Just stop. You look like an ass.

Hines
11-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Right because getting off the bus would of been smart? That could be the dumbest argument I have ever heard. We are talking about football hits.

Ray Lewis hits harder then any player on the Steelers. Just stop. You look like an ass.

You guys need to chill.

terribletowel39
11-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Thats not true. Per pound, I would say Ed Reed hits harder than Ray Lewis. And per pound, Ryan Clark hits harder than Ed Reed.

Also, is Ray starting to play a little dirtier than normal?? I don't get to watch him every week like yall do but the Bengal & Bronco game, it seemed he was kinda going the dirty play route.

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 10:03 AM
This is just a friendly joke session so please dont get to fired up.

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 10:04 AM

Big Ben said that was the hardest hit he ever had in his life.

The guy also got hit by a car.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-03-2009, 10:15 AM
You guys need to chill.

in our defense, we were just talking about the Ravens hardest hits and Bart Scott, and then you guys just randomly show up posting videos of Steelers hits on Ravens. Yet we need to chill?

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 10:16 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry0tniImmb4

Porter got owned by Jamal Lewis, if you are getting owned by Jamal why would Ray waste his time on Porter?

terribletowel39
11-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Ravens is right, just friendly poking at. Yes, you do need to chill. It's not that serious and when it gets that serious someone gets their eyes gouged out. Not cool. :D

I still want someone to argue with me against my Ryan Clark > Ed Reed > Ray Lewis, when it comes to hitting hard.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-03-2009, 10:22 AM
well if were talking hits, then there is no way Ray Lewis is #1. I know Clark has had some HUGE ones on Welker and McGahee but Ray Lewis's career is FULL of em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-I4h0s2jnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0oUPACk8K8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXdKh9QOjDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykuGLK5CFjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeexDrlNx5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4e1pPgf3dk

terribletowel39
11-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Yea, but it isn't about quantity. Obviously someone with a 13 yr career is going to have hit more people than someone with an 8 yr career.

And, I am taking into account poundage. Clark is 205 lbs, Lewis is 250ish?? Plus to me, it is against Clark and Reed. I still maintain that Reed is the biggest hitter on the Ravens squad, per poundage.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Yea, but it isn't about quantity. Obviously someone with a 13 yr career is going to have hit more people than someone with an 8 yr career.

And, I am taking into account poundage. Clark is 205 lbs, Lewis is 250ish?? Plus to me, it is against Clark and Reed. I still maintain that Reed is the biggest hitter on the Ravens squad, per poundage.

If it's Clark vs. Reed, then I'd give it to Clark. Reed can still deliver a blow, but it's not his top priority as a defender, largely because of his neck problems. Like I said, he can still deliver a hit (ask Knowshon Moreno) but his days of that are numbered, he's more of a ball hawking safety.

coordinator0
11-03-2009, 10:41 AM

You also have to take into account who they are hitting too. Sure Clark is only 205 compared to Lewis' 250, but he's also hitting guys (for the most part) that are smaller than the guys Ray hits.

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 10:43 AM
It's not that serious and when it gets that serious someone gets their eyes gouged out. Not cool. :D

Like you guys did to McGahee in the 2007 season

Hines
11-03-2009, 10:43 AM
That hit Reed laid on Moreno Sunday was a thing of beauty.

terribletowel39
11-03-2009, 10:46 AM
You also have to take into account who they are hitting too. Sure Clark is only 205 compared to Lewis' 250, but he's also hitting guys (for the most part) that are smaller than the guys Ray hits.
For the most part as in not really?? Most of Lewis' big hits come against RB's and WR's. Most of Clark's hits come against RB's and WR's.

Like Reed's hit on Moreno. Reed is probably no more than 205 lbs as well, Moreno probably weighs a bit over 210. I've seen Reed/Clark lay out someone that is in the 220-230 range. How many times have you seen Ray Lewis lay someone out that weighed 15-25 lbs heavier than him??

Hines
11-03-2009, 10:47 AM
in our defense, we were just talking about the Ravens hardest hits and Bart Scott, and then you guys just randomly show up posting videos of Steelers hits on Ravens. Yet we need to chill?

I posted the videos in defense of Bart Scott hitting Big Ben. I just posted Steeler-Raven hits. Just wanted to get hyped for our showdown in a few weeks.

terribletowel39
11-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Like you guys did to McGahee in the 2007 season
I was moreso referring to Brandon Spikes this past weekend. I don't recall what you are talking about though.

Hines
11-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Big Ben said that was the hardest hit he ever had in his life.

The guy also got hit by a car.

I bet the car hit harder than Scott.

Hines
11-03-2009, 10:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry0tniImmb4

Porter got owned by Jamal Lewis, if you are getting owned by Jamal why would Ray waste his time on Porter?

Porter also got owned by Winslow, but he's a ******* soldier! But Peezy did take one two Brown players in a fight.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-03-2009, 10:52 AM
I was moreso referring to Brandon Spikes this past weekend. I don't recall what you are talking about though.

I think he got mixed up with the Browns and the Steelers, it was against Cleveland, I think last year? Willis McGahee came off the field with his eye's gouged and the Baltimore Ravens sent in a tape the next day to the NFL arguing it but it was denied. What got me wondering was, if the Browns didn't do it, how did he get his eye's gouged?

I bet the car hit harder than Scott.

Well, Big Ben did say that Scott's hit was the hardest he's been hit in his life, and that was after the car accident I believe. :D

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 10:53 AM
That hit Reed laid on Moreno Sunday was a thing of beauty.

By the best safety in the NFL, the AFC, the AFC north etc. etc etc.

Reed is better then Troy

:):):):)

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-03-2009, 10:54 AM
By the best safety in the NFL, the AFC, the AFC north etc. etc etc.

Reed is better then Troy

now that is a debate that will go on forever but will never be settled. :) both guys excel at different positions.

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Porter also got owned by Winslow, but he's a ******* soldier! But Peezy did take one two Brown players in a fight.

fightnig 2 browns players equals fighting 4 5th graders.

terribletowel39
11-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Reed is better than Troy at looking cooler in his uniform.

Fixed that for you.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-03-2009, 11:01 AM
hey, since I'm talking to you Steeler fans, could yall help with with this question. I have Rashard Mendenhall on my fantasy team and he is going up against Denver. Should I start him or will Arians rely on Big Ben to win the game?

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Troy is better then Reed....

at shampoo commercials, I love that one commerical "you said it in your eyes"

Hines
11-03-2009, 01:35 PM
hey, since I'm talking to you Steeler fans, could yall help with with this question. I have Rashard Mendenhall on my fantasy team and he is going up against Denver. Should I start him or will Arians rely on Big Ben to win the game?

Arians will probably go on the air since he doesn't like to give Mendenahll carries. But it's tough to sit the hot hand.

A Perfect Score
11-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Ray Lewis hits harder then a police battering ram.

u1CwwsWkQLU&feature=related

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Ray Lewis hits harder then a police battering ram.

u1CwwsWkQLU&feature=related

Ray Lewis>ALL

EdReedUnstoppable
11-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Man either you guys are too young or you've just plain forgotten the biggest hit in Ravens history. It was a Thursday night home game against the Kansas City Chiefs. A large RB by the name of Bam Morris was absolutely stopped in his tracks and knocked back by Ray Lewis!! Thats Ray's biggest hit and the franchise's biggest hit!

Hines
11-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Bam Morris was a beast.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Man either you guys are too young or you've just plain forgotten the biggest hit in Ravens history. It was a Thursday night home game against the Kansas City Chiefs. A large RB by the name of Bam Morris was absolutely stopped in his tracks and knocked back by Ray Lewis!! Thats Ray's biggest hit and the franchise's biggest hit!

I remember that. Morris tried to hurdle someone and then BOOM! Ray Freakin' Lewis.

niel89
11-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Ben wakes up to hits that hard.

With that O-line and how he holds on to that ball, I believe that completely