PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most disappointing player on your team?

Da-Phins
10-27-2009, 12:54 PM
For the Dolphins its clearly Ted Ginn. Throughout the offseason ota's and camp heard nothing but praises about Ginn. How much he has improved his route running, his hands and he was showing that great speed he has while running routes. He was prime to have a breakout year for us but so far is he far from that. His confidence is shot and he is starting to lose some playing time. Has dropped alot of catchable balls. Already in Parcells doghouse so you know his future with the Dolphins is in doubt.

vidae
10-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Larry Johnson and it isn't close.

AJHawk50
10-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Larry Johnson and it isn't close.
True, but Glenn Dorsey hasn't been a huge impact. He is improving but I haven't seen him dominating anything like he was supposed to.

Maybe it's just that I'm so over L.J. I forget he's on the roster. ;P

ThePudge
10-27-2009, 01:06 PM
It WAS Brad St. Louis, but now I'll go with Daniel Coats who still hasn't been able to establish himself as a viable option in the passing game after boasting some nice receiving numbers in college. Laverneus Coles hasn't produced up to his paycheck, but is beginning to look the part (and has been a useful addition in the run game as a blocker.)

no bare feet
10-27-2009, 01:06 PM
I thought Glenn Drosey has done quite well transitioning to a 3-4 defensive end,. which is one of the least glamorous defensive positions.

For Pittsburgh, Willie Parker, yet I never expected much out of him this year.

M.O.T.H.
10-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Roy Williams (WR) but, a lot of us were expecting this.

I did think he would be helping a little more than he has, though.

Martellus Bennett and Terence Newman deserve some consideration. Bennett from a production stand point (blocking has been great) and Newman is terribly sporadic these days.

vidae
10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
I thought Glenn Drosey has done quite well transitioning to a 3-4 defensive end,. which is one of the least glamorous defensive positions.

For Pittsburgh, Willie Parker, yet I never expected much out of him this year.

This. He is becoming one of our better defenders and improving week to week. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how he's doing.

General Zod
10-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Madieu Williams has been pretty awful for us this season. I dont understand it really. After he came back from injury last year, he played very well for us. Bad angles, missed takles have been constant this season.

CC.SD
10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Probably Chris Chambers and that's saying something on a team chock full of disappointing performances. Chambers is getting zero separation and has more drops than catches.

Splat
10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
There are so many for the Chiefs but I'm going to go with ILB Corey Mays.

He had a great camp and pre season but I have forgot he was even on the field at times this season.

AJHawk50
10-27-2009, 01:13 PM
As for Green Bay, I know he is on I.R. but that's half the reason why I'm mentioning him...Justin Harrell is a B-U-S-T.

terribletowel39
10-27-2009, 01:14 PM
I would agree with no bare feet. Willie Parker has been atrocious.

If I had to pick someone else it would Limas Sweed. 2nd rounder two years ago got out played by a 3rd rounder this past year.

Sweed has such amazing potential. He is big, can jump a truck, consistently gets behind EVERYONE, but just can't bring in the catch. Shows extreme lapse in confidence and concentration. Mike Wallace has completely taken over 3 WR duties.

diesel
10-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Pretty close between Flozell Adams and T-New.

A Perfect Score
10-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Our entire secondary besides Ed Reed.

MetSox17
10-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Pretty close between Flozell Adams and T-New.

What? Outside of his false starts and the occasional hold, Flozell has been playing lights out this year. How has he been disappointing?

bigbluedefense
10-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Saying Antonio Pierce would be too easy, because that would be implying we actually thought he'd be good coming into the season. Surprisingly for AP, he's actually better than years past but thats not saying much.

Im gonna say Aaron Ross, because he hasn't seen the field yet and is in all likelihood, our nickel CB from now on bc Terrell Thomas is a beast.

Canty is a close 2nd, but only because he's also injured. He was beasting it the few snaps he took this year though so ill reserve judgement on him until I see more.

Offensively, I guess you can say Brandon Jacobs, although his lack of production isn't entirely his fault.

Raiderz4Life
10-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Lemme see....

Russell, Gallery until he turned into a decent LG, Cornell Green, Samson Satele, Tommy Kelly...i've always liked him but since he got a huge contract and hasn't done squat he's on this list....and Al Davis

BuddyCHRIST
10-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Hard to gripe too much when your 6-0, but I'll go with Reggie Bush. Still offering little as a runner and isn't a huge receiving target either. Basically the 3rd RB now.

bigbluedefense
10-27-2009, 01:26 PM
What? Outside of his false starts and the occasional hold, Flozell has been playing lights out this year. How has he been disappointing?

thats like saying "outside of all his interceptions, Jay Cutler has been amazing this year"

you take the good with the bad, you can't just negate whatever you want out of his game and say he's doing great at the rest of it.

HawkeyeFan
10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
OJ Atogwe, Marc Bulger, Randy McMichael

M.O.T.H.
10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
For real...I dont know where all this Adams hate is coming from this year. He's having a solid year. Yeah he's been caught tripping a few times but, he isnt giving up much of anything. The false starts for he and Colombo are infuriating but, they always do it and always have. Flozell has been real good this year.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Detroit corners. I knew they weren't going to be that good but they have been downright awful, worse than last years secondary which is pretty bad. Phillip Buchanon our supposed "best" corner gets benched twice, Anthony Henry is showing his age and was benched and is moving to FS so hopefully that works better and Eric King is on IR. William James is our best corner, just wow. We get some pressure from the front 7, just not consistent enough but the corners aren't helping anyone out getting torched plus they play way off the ball because they aren't fast enough. A coverage sack will never happen ever.

I like Delmas obviously though but Manuel is junk at FS but I knew Manuel would be junk at FS. Bring on Henry at FS.

Detroit better get a decent corner in FA and one in the draft. And depending on the board(stud DTs,Okung gone) may take Eric Berry.

CC.SD
10-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Detroit corners. I knew they weren't going to be that good but they have been downright awful, worse than last years secondary which is pretty bad. Phillip Buchanon our supposed "best" corner gets benched twice, Anthony Henry is showing his age and was benched and is moving to FS so hopefully that works better and Eric King is on IR. William James is our best corner, just wow. We get some pressure from the front 7, just not consistent enough but the corners aren't helping anyone out getting torched plus they play way off the ball because they aren't fast enough. A coverage sack will never happen ever.

I like Delmas obviously though but Manuel is junk at FS but I knew Manuel would be junk at FS. Bring on Henry at FS.

Detroit better get a decent corner in FA and one in the draft. And depending on the board(stud DTs,Okung gone) may take Eric Berry.

Delmas and Berry would be a very fun safety duo but I'm not so sure that would be the best step for Detroit as a franchise. O-line and D-line now that the QB and some basic offensive weapons are in place if you ask me.

JFLO
10-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Madieu Williams has been pretty awful for us this season. I dont understand it really. After he came back from injury last year, he played very well for us. Bad angles, missed takles have been constant this season.

This.

Although I think (and I hate saying this) Pat Williams deserves some credit as being a somewhat disappointment. I cut him some slack though because he is getting older. Madieu Williams on the other hand is still young and we paid him a lot of money to come to Minneapolis.

TACKLE
10-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Not a player but Greg Mattison has been disappointing. Obviously with Rex leaving it wasn't going be quite the same but he's struggled with creating pressure. The defense just isn't getting after the QB like it used to. Pressure is so key for the Ravens because it helps them cover up their weakness at CB.

CashmoneyDrew
10-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Take your pick on the Titans.

Giantsfan1080
10-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Saying Antonio Pierce would be too easy, because that would be implying we actually thought he'd be good coming into the season. Surprisingly for AP, he's actually better than years past but thats not saying much.

Im gonna say Aaron Ross, because he hasn't seen the field yet and is in all likelihood, our nickel CB from now on bc Terrell Thomas is a beast.

Canty is a close 2nd, but only because he's also injured. He was beasting it the few snaps he took this year though so ill reserve judgement on him until I see more.

Offensively, I guess you can say Brandon Jacobs, although his lack of production isn't entirely his fault.

Sinorice Moss. Has a lot of talent but for whatever reason can't put it together.

HawkeyeFan
10-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Is the Giants defense hurting with the loss of Spagnuolo?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't say the Ravens secondary because Asamougha(spelling) couldn't cover these receivers with the type of pass rush we get. I won't even say the complete pass rush just the 3rd down pass rush. I hate rushing 4 guys on 3rd down. I want 7 going after the QB. So I will say I am a little disappointed in the secondary but more the pass rush and that IMO all falls on the play calling. **** OUR DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Delmas and Berry would be a very fun safety duo but I'm not so sure that would be the best step for Detroit as a franchise. O-line and D-line now that the QB and some basic offensive weapons are in place if you ask me.

I agree Oline and Dline are way more important for Detroit. That is why I said depending on the board, DTs of Suh and McCoy or Okung should be the pick if they are on the board or any other rising star DT/LT that earns their way into the top 4-8 range for Detroit, if not Berry would be a super duper consolation prize. Maybe try him at corner, who knows, but yes that safety duo would be sick. Alot depends on free agency too with the Dline/LT and major secondary holes and the depth for those positions in Round 2 and 3.

bigbluedefense
10-27-2009, 01:42 PM

Its hard to say. We're still the #1 ranked defense in the league.

Sheridan's style is a little different, but its not necessarily worse. He's been incorporating more pressure into his packages so im pleased with that.

Plus, its hard to judge Sheridan bc he's adjusting to so many injuries. We've been missing essentially 4 starters on defense the entire season minus 2 games (where we missed 3 starters), and we still have the #1 ranked D in the league.

Our problem on defense is our interior run D. thats why we have the worst redzone defense in the league, teams can run right at us.

Its a combination of AP being terrible, and our DTs being mediocre. Canty will bring much needed run support inside, so im eager to see if we see any improvement with him on the field.

But that is the concerning issue. Not really Spags, moreso our interior run D.

MetSox17
10-27-2009, 01:43 PM
thats like saying "outside of all his interceptions, Jay Cutler has been amazing this year"
Except, it's absolutely nothing like that. Terrible analogy, but thanks for playing.

you take the good with the bad, you can't just negate whatever you want out of his game and say he's doing great at the rest of it.

I'm not trying to negate it. I'm saying that if he didn't have false starts, he'd be talked about as one of the best in the NFC right now, but a few false starts all of a sudden makes him a huge disappointment? Absolutely not.

bigbluedefense
10-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Sinorice Moss. Has a lot of talent but for whatever reason can't put it together.

He was a disappointment 2 years ago.

Now he just sucks.

Giantsfan1080
10-27-2009, 01:44 PM

I think so. Sheridan has been doing a fine job, besides the Saints game, but I'd want Spags back in a heartbeat. Spags would be better at utilizing our pass rushers.

Giantsfan1080
10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
He was a disappointment 2 years ago.

Now he just sucks.

I still think he's a dissapointment. Every training camp you would here how he is finally doing everything he needs to and so on but yet here we are in the same situation.

bigbluedefense
10-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Except, it's absolutely nothing like that. Terrible analogy, but thanks for playing.

I'm not trying to negate it. I'm saying that if he didn't have false starts, he'd be talked about as one of the best in the NFC right now, but a few false starts all of a sudden makes him a huge disappointment? Absolutely not.

how is it a terrible analogy?

if he didn't have false starts? well guess what? he does. and he gets a lot of them. and those are drive killers. he's no way one of the better LTs in the league. hes average considering how many good young LTs we have in the game right now.

all those trippings and holdings, they don't count? guess what? if he didn't trip or hold, he'd give up sacks. so how is he being elite again?

his inability to stay flag free is a disappointment. theres no way around it. he's a great run blocker. so what. theres a lot of good run blockers out there. David Diehl is a great run blocker, but he still is an average LT at best. And he's actually a better pass protector than Flozell is at this point and I still consider him average.

Theres no way Id consider Flozell to be anything more than average this season.

bigbluedefense
10-27-2009, 01:52 PM
I still think he's a dissapointment. Every training camp you would here how he is finally doing everything he needs to and so on but yet here we are in the same situation.

Meh. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...

If Mario Manningham keeps dropping the ball, I'll put his name in this discussion, although most Giants fans outside myself and a select few thought he'd amount to much to begin with.

The guy can be good, he just needs to work on his craft.

gsorace
10-27-2009, 01:53 PM
I want to say Vernon Gholston but I didn't really expect anything out of him. i'm going to have to say Dustin Keller, some of it is having a rookie throwing to him but he's had some drops and is having trouble getting open.

umphrey
10-27-2009, 02:01 PM
GB has a number of underachievers but unless you count injuries (Harrell & Raji, Barnett coming off surgery) no one really sticks out. Here are some players not living up to expectations:

Greg Jennings (somehow doesn't look like #1 target anymore)
Aaron Kampman (production low, but playing adequate)
Chad Clifton (age, always hurt and playing poor)
Allen Barbre (new RT is horribly inconsistent)

terribletowel39
10-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Greg Jennings (somehow doesn't look like #1 target anymore)

Tell me about. I pulled like a 4 way trade to get him on my fantasy team and I think the most he has produced was 11 points. And the rest have been no more than 6 or something.

umphrey
10-27-2009, 02:07 PM
I think he gets open a lot on deep routes like posts, fly routes and double moves and would be putting up mad points but we haven't given our QB enough time to throw those passes so they go to the TE or Driver who are usually in the 5-10 yard range.

abaddon41_80
10-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Dashon Goldson for the 49ers. I thought he would be an average free safety, or at least better than Mark Roman was last year, but I was wrong.

Thecollegedropout
10-27-2009, 02:10 PM
I want to say Vernon Gholston but I didn't really expect anything out of him. i'm going to have to say Dustin Keller, some of it is having a rookie throwing to him but he's had some drops and is having trouble getting open.
I agree with you on Keller, he just isn't on the right page at all with Sanchez

Others....
Damien "False Start" Woody
Kerry Rhodes(Still love the dude but he hasn't been noticeable on some plays)

Shiver
10-27-2009, 02:13 PM
For Atlanta there are two names that come to mind:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-fans/files/2009/08/chouston-2-reuters.jpg

He has all the skill set that you would want from a cover corner. He is fast and strong, but his mental game is his weakness. He just doesn't have the awareness and anticipation needed to be the kind of corner we needed him to be. Very inconsistent on a game to game basis. At least he's better than Brent Grimes.

http://buttaball.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Turner.jpg

Michael Turner was overrated last year. He feasted on terrible run defenses; including two 200 yard games against the hapless Rams and the even more hapless Lions. Even so, his performance has been terrible thus far. He does not run with explosion or power and it has been ugly watching the struggles of the running game trickle down to effect the whole offense negatively. It doesn't help that Ovie Mughelli has been hurt, he's by far the best FB in the league.

PoopSandwich
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Everyone who sucks on the Browns people thought would suck, I would say Quinn but it's hard to judge because we have the worst offensive talent outside of LT/LG/C in the entire league most likely.

Flyboy
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Um, Reggie Bush?

Yeah, I said it.

BufFan71
10-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Terrell Owens

Paul Poslunszy
hes been fragile his entire career. Doesnt make any big plays, and looks really slow out on the field

A Perfect Score
10-27-2009, 02:16 PM
For Atlanta there are two names that come to mind:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-fans/files/2009/08/chouston-2-reuters.jpg

He has all the skill set that you would want from a cover corner. He is fast and strong, but his mental game is his weakness. He just doesn't have the awareness and anticipation needed to be the kind of corner we needed him to be. Very inconsistent on a game to game basis. At least he's better than Brent Grimes.

http://buttaball.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Turner.jpg

Michael Turner was overrated last year. He feasted on terrible run defenses; including two 200 yard games against the hapless Rams and the even more hapless Lions. Even so, his performance has been terrible thus far. He does not run with explosion or power and it has been ugly watching the struggles of the running game trickle down to effect the whole offense negatively. It doesn't help that Ovie Mughelli has been hurt, he's by far the best FB in the league.

Le'Ron McClain would like a word with you about this fullback business.

That said, Turner is single handedly killing my fantasy season. I didnt expect another 1600 yards, but I expected alot more from him then hes producing.

umphrey
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Everyone who sucks on the Browns people thought would suck, I would say Quinn but it's hard to judge because we have the worst offensive talent outside of LT/LG/C in the entire league most likely.

Any decent quarterback could win games with a solid line in front of him and mediocrity at the skill positions. That defense is another story though.

j05son

LOL, you still can't bite the bullet on Anderson can you?

It's easier to say who isn't a disappointment on the Browns and that would be Joe Thomas.

bigbluedefense
Madison Hedgecock says hi as well.

I think Turner's major issue is he took too many carries last year. That definitely shocks your body. You can't go from barely being used for 4 years to instantly getting 300+ carries the following year.

That would take a toll on anybody.

Shiver
10-27-2009, 02:19 PM
McClain is more versatile, but Mughelli is the better player.

Mughelli is excellent at the point of attack. Probably the best fullback that I've seen in long time.

M.O.T.H.
10-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Speaking of disappointing and fantasy teams...Chris Long, wtf?

I thought Spags would be a godsend for Long. nah.

MidwayMonster31
10-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Frank Omiyale easily. The Tommie Harris has injuries as an excuse. Matt Forte to a degree. He also had a workload that was too big.

Shiver
10-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Chris Long isn't even starting for them. What an embarrassing pick that turned out to be.

Brent
10-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Dashon Goldson for the 49ers. I thought he would be an average free safety, or at least better than Mark Roman was last year, but I was wrong.
He's has an INT, so you could argue that he's doing better. He had maybe one mistake against Houston, but other than that, he's doing no better or worse than Roman.

M.O.T.H.
10-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Chris Long isn't even starting for them. What an embarrassing pick that turned out to be.

Yah. :(

I was so happy I got him with as an IDP in fantasy. Worked out great.

yourfavestoner
10-27-2009, 02:25 PM

Will James is your best corner? Jesus Christ, I feel bad for you guys.

For Jax, it's easily Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves. Our pass rush sucks donkey nuts.

Flyboy
10-27-2009, 02:29 PM

Oh, wow. Maybe he'll turn it on..

Marino13
10-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Ted Ginn is a good choice for Miami, but I'd say Gibril Wilson. Not because he struggled in coverage (I knew that would happen) but because his tackling is abysmal. Watching Jeremy Shockey carry him for 40 yards was embarassing. As was his attempt to tackle Dallas Clark, Pierre Garcon, and Antonio Gates.

umphrey
10-27-2009, 02:36 PM
That said, Turner is single handedly killing my fantasy season. I didnt expect another 1600 yards, but I expected alot more from him then hes producing.

Don't draft running backs the year after a breakout year where they lead the league in carries

CC.SD
10-27-2009, 02:40 PM

He was maxed out as a prospect, should have been a big ol' red flag.

umphrey
10-27-2009, 02:42 PM
He was maxed out as a prospect, should have been a big ol' red flag.

I agree I didn't see much room for improvement in him as a player and really never understood the top 5 hype.

M.O.T.H.
10-27-2009, 02:42 PM
The 376 carries last year, should have been enough to scare off a great deal of fantasy owners this year, when it came to Turner. These things rarely end well, when that many carries are involved.

AD and Portis are the only two I would trust to keep it up after amassing that many carries the previous year.

Shiver
10-27-2009, 02:45 PM
The big problem has been Norwood's inability to stay healthy. He was supposed to be in a committee with Turner to relieve the pressure on him, but it hasn't been able to happen because he can't stay on the field.

MetSox17
10-27-2009, 02:48 PM
I remember the last year Larry Johnson was good, some stat guy on espnews came on and showed the drop off in production and the high amount of injuries in running backs after the year they had a huge amount of carries. That was when Larry Johnson had like 400 and change carries. I think the same thing is gonna happen with Benson this year. Lewis is gonna run him to the ground.

DoughBoy
10-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Everyone but- The O-line, CJ, a healthy Cortland, Jason Jones, and Kenny Britt.

umphrey
10-27-2009, 02:54 PM
AD and Portis are the only two I would trust to keep it up after amassing that many carries the previous year.

Don't know about Portis, but AD pretty much breaks every rule I can think of when it comes to running backs. Just wait until he's 35 and still pounding linebackers into the dirt.

EvilNixon
10-27-2009, 02:56 PM
JaWalrus,DMC because he can't stay healthy,and Interior Defense.

M.O.T.H.
10-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Don't know about Portis, but AD pretty much breaks every rule I can think of when it comes to running backs. Just wait until he's 35 and still pounding linebackers into the dirt.

I said Portis because, he is constantly up there in carries. Always top 5 in carries, when healthy, and he just keeps producing. More so, than any other back with that amount of wear. Outside of 06, when he was out, he's always near the top of league in carries and still producing at a high level. He's one of the more reliable backs, regardless of how many times he touches the ball. You know what you're going to get.

AD. Yeah, just a freak.

vikes_28
10-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Madieu Williams is very disappointing. We paid a ton for him and thus far he has sucked. Also Tavaris Jackson, and Tyrell Johnson.

Timbathia
10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
For the Broncos Ben Hamilton. The change to more of a power running game has been bad for him.

DeathbyStat
10-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Sweeeeed I don't have enough curse words for you....Holmes has dropped some balls as well this year though.

sweetness34
10-27-2009, 03:23 PM
The entire offensive line.

GhostDeini
10-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Chris Long got drafted because who his father was. I knew that guy was going to be garbage. At the time of the draft I compared him to Justin Smith at best but he's not even that good. Dude hasn't recorded a sack in close to 20 games. Rams can't draft at all. I can't wait till they take Tim Tebeaux this year.

And for Dolphins it's Ginn hands down. He is not a football player. He owes Devin Hester his signing bonus because thats the reason he went 9th overall. Dolphins have the worst WR's in the entire league they need Dez Bryant more than anybody else.

DeathbyStat
10-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Chris Long got drafted because who his father was. I knew that guy was going to be garbage. At the time of the draft I compared him to Justin Smith at best but he's not even that good. Dude hasn't recorded a sack in close to 20 games. Rams can't draft at all. I can't wait till they take Tim Tebeaux this year.

And for Dolphins it's Ginn hands down. He is not a football player. He owes Devin Hester his signing bonus because thats the reason he went 9th overall. Dolphins have the worst WR's in the entire league they need Dez Bryant more than anybody else.

I totally agree with those statements

Sniper
10-27-2009, 03:42 PM
The entire OL, for both health and play reasons.
Macho Harris ******* pisses me off regularly.
Donovan McNabb's inconsistency still drives me nuts.

fenikz
10-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Levi Brown, we passed on AD for him, and he just isn't that good.

Thumper
10-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Shawn and Stacy Andrews

Sniper
10-27-2009, 03:54 PM

Right. Chris Long didn't get drafted because he had 79 tackles, 14 sacks, 19 TFL, 9 PBU and 2 FF as a senior in a 3-4. All because of his dad. :rolleyes: How come every son of a Hall of Famer isn't in the NFL?

wonderbredd24
10-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Gotta be Brady Quinn

Considering the talent on this team, I did not expect miracles, but I expected that he wouldn't be a chicken **** looking at the pass rush instead of his receivers.

I think he will get another crack after the bye week and when he's not going to get $11 million he doesn't deserve, so hopefully he will sack up and make some plays.

BlindSite
10-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Right. Chris Long didn't get drafted because he had 79 tackles, 14 sacks, 19 TFL, 9 PBU and 2 FF as a senior in a 3-4. All because of his dad. :rolleyes: How come every son of a Hall of Famer isn't in the NFL?

Chris Long sucks because he's out of system, has had bad coaches and is one of the only defensive threats on a very bad defensive line.

SwagU
10-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Well im disapointed with my whole team, but the guy that disapoints me the most is Jastinkus Russell. This was suppose to be the year where he finally put it all together, the year where he finally reached the expectations he had coming into the draft, like honestly come on 1st overall pick and cant complete over 45% of his passes. When the raiders drafted Russell I was so happy, now its just sad watching him go out there and almost guarantee a 3 and out or worse a turnover.

GhostDeini
10-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Even with those stats if his name was Chris Jones or something he does not go 2nd overall.

wonderbredd24
10-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Well im disapointed with my whole team, but the guy that disapoints me the most is Jastinkus Russell. This was suppose to be the year where he finally put it all together, the year where he finally reached the expectations he had coming into the draft, like honestly come on 1st overall pick and cant complete over 45% of his passes. When the raiders drafted Russell I was so happy, now its just sad watching him go out there and almost guarantee a 3 and out or worse a turnover.

If I was a Raiders fan, I would hate JaMarcus Russell for the simple fact that the fat sack of **** doesn't think he's at fault for any of the problems with that offense. He doesn't put in the work and doesn't take any blame?

Tom Cable should "coach him up"

wonderbredd24
10-27-2009, 04:05 PM
By all means, ship Chris Long to the Browns.

I was a huge fan of his at UVA and when he was in the draft. Loved watching him play for the Cavaliers

MaxV
10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
For the Colts, it has to be Tony Ugoh. He was expected to be a franchise LT.

He's very inconsistent with his technique and has lost his starting spot to Charlie Johnson.

SwagU
10-27-2009, 04:15 PM
If I was a Raiders fan, I would hate JaMarcus Russell for the simple fact that the fat sack of **** doesn't think he's at fault for any of the problems with that offense. He doesn't put in the work and doesn't take any blame?

Tom Cable should "coach him up"

Yes, Also very true and Tom Cable defends him way too much, Tom needs to diflate Russells ego. I always see Russell go over to the bench after a crucial turnover and he basically acts like he really doesen't give a **** just as long as he is still getting that monster contract its all good. I want a quarterback for my team that has a desire to win.

wicket
10-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Um, Reggie Bush?

Yeah, I said it.

its the only imaginable answer though for the saints.

well maybe i expected a bit more out of hargrove after the preseason but thats really searching.

PoopSandwich
10-27-2009, 04:59 PM
LOL, you still can't bite the bullet on Anderson can you?

It's easier to say who isn't a disappointment on the Browns and that would be Joe Thomas.

If anything I am defending Quinn? I said he would be the "disappointment" of the season because he got pulled, but it's not fair to judge him based on how bad our talent is.

D-Unit
10-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Bobby Carpenter is a joke of a 1st round pick.

aNYtitan
10-27-2009, 05:45 PM
The entire Titans defense. But probably Cecil Cooper more then anyone

Gay Ork Wang
10-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Crappy Guard. Thats his name. Why? cause he is crappy

TitanHope
10-27-2009, 05:52 PM
For me, it's Michael Griffin. Last year, he was a 2nd Team All-Pro, but this year he just looks lost. He hasn't made a play since the FF in Pittsburgh.

coordinator0
10-27-2009, 06:52 PM
If I had to go with one player on the Ravens (not the secondary or the pass rush), I would say that Ngata has been disappointing so far. He hasn't really been the dominant force he was last year.

Castle
10-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Ron Bartell has been pretty bad this year for the Rams. Teams have been picking on him all year long.

wicket
10-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Ron Bartell has been pretty bad this year for the Rams. Teams have been picking on him all year long.

im pretty happy that the deal between him and the saints fell through. Jabari has been extremely impressive for us and we wouldnt have gotten him otherwise.

Castle
10-27-2009, 07:02 PM
im pretty happy that the deal between him and the saints fell through. Jabari has been extremely impressive for us and we wouldnt have gotten him otherwise.

Yeah, I bet hes regretting not signing with the Saints himself. 0-7 or 6-0 team?? Gee, I wonder which one I would choose.

Unbiased
10-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Quentin Groves.

Raiderz4Life
10-27-2009, 10:49 PM
I hate Russell so much....everytime i see him on the sidelines i wanna slap that stupid beanie off his stupid head.

CC.SD
10-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Quentin Groves.

is probably a 3-4 OLB.

BeerBaron
10-27-2009, 11:31 PM
The entire Bears defense and offensive line. And Matt Forte though this goes back to the o-line too......

The passing game is actually about what I expected to have, but the entire rest of the team hasn't lived up to it.

LonghornsLegend
10-27-2009, 11:37 PM
For real...I dont know where all this Adams hate is coming from this year. He's having a solid year. Yeah he's been caught tripping a few times but, he isnt giving up much of anything. The false starts for he and Colombo are infuriating but, they always do it and always have. Flozell has been real good this year.

At the age Flozell is playing at, he's FAR from disappointing, you don't have to consider him being dominate or anything, but disappointing he most certainly hasn't been.

I think it's Terrance Newman, not only has he sucked in coverage, but the dumb ass plays he's made the few times he's returned punts really has me baffled. It's like he turned into a rookie all over, and it's taken Jenkins play on the field to get him motivated to not get outplayed by the youngster it seems.

the decider13
10-27-2009, 11:40 PM
It had been Eddie Royal but Orton started finding him. I guess I would have to go with Peyton Hillis. He must be in McD's dog house, because he got like 2 carries in the first game and nothing since. I think he could be a legit threat in the offense with his running and receiving abilities and I expected a lot more from him.

dpl85
10-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Bobby Carpenter since we wasted a first round pick on a nickel LB. I think he would be solid in a 4-3 but in a 3-4 he's way too soft.

killxswitch
10-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Absolutely Tony Ugoh for the Colts. Gave up a lot for him, and in some games this year he hasn't even been activated. He has all the talent and apparently none of the drive.

Timbathia
10-27-2009, 11:56 PM
It had been Eddie Royal but Orton started finding him. I guess I would have to go with Peyton Hillis. He must be in McD's dog house, because he got like 2 carries in the first game and nothing since. I think he could be a legit threat in the offense with his running and receiving abilities and I expected a lot more from him.

You think Hillis has been more disappointing than Hamilton? I guess my expectations of Hillis contributing anything were never that high, but Ben is killing us in short yardage situations.

Flyboy
10-27-2009, 11:59 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. I saw Bartell getting abused in the few Ram highlights I've seen. Glad we didn't sign him as a Saint. Jabari Greer is absolutely beasting right now.

the decider13
10-28-2009, 12:00 AM
You think Hillis has been more disappointing than Hamilton? I guess my expectations of Hillis contributing anything were never that high, but Ben is killing us in short yardage situations.

meh, Hamilton has been pretty bad(interior lineman has to be number one priority going in to the offseason) but I guess I just had high expectations of Hillis. Hamilton might be slightly more disappointing because even though he is playing, he is sucking.

Tough call for me though. I was a huge Hillis fan going in to the season.

Don Vito
10-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Adalius Thomas for me and it's not really close.

nikgary
10-30-2009, 05:37 AM
hello,

Mantrin balcoma it the player to whom i am acceptin to play very good in our team.But he was opposit of the expectation.He was totally out of form.Hope he get his form back...

The Unseen
10-30-2009, 08:15 AM
is probably a 3-4 OLB.

Jaguars play a 3-4 alot now and he's not seeing the field even that said. He's a backup now.

Also, file Derrick Harvey under disappointments. That draft has not been working. Shack Harris' tenure is looking more pitiful by the day.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Canty and Ross! Get healthy so you can play for god sake!!!

Smooth Criminal
10-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Gotta be Limas Sweed for me. He has shown so much potential and talent, but he simply can't hold onto the ball.

Parker is a close second.

DoughBoy
10-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Jaguars play a 3-4 alot now and he's not seeing the field even that said. He's a backup now.

Also, file Derrick Harvey under disappointments. That draft has not been working. Shack Harris' tenure is looking more pitiful by the day.

Harvey plays pretty good agianst the Titans.....

SenorGato
10-30-2009, 11:26 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/10/15/alg_ellis.jpg

I'm still rooting for him but jeebus that sack is elusive.

d34ng3l021
10-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Michael Turner and John Abraham.

Two of our stalwarts from last year seem to have disappeared for the majority of the season, and we direly need them. Turner was expected to be good enough on the ground to open up big things for the passing game, but that isn't happening - he seems to have lost explosiveness and the line isn't able to open as many holes for him as they did last year (much better competition this year? lots of 3-4 teams?). John Abraham has gone missing as well. After registering 2 sacks against Jake Long and the Fins, he has had 1 against SF and been basically invisible in the pass rush. Teams do pay a lot of attention to him, but I am wondering if age is starting to catch up to him.

andyjo672
10-30-2009, 02:02 PM

Except the analogy is just fine. Simply saying "thanks for playing" sarcastically is not a point whatsoever. He has false starts, you can't negate that, just like Cutler has interceptions, you can't negate that either. Thanks for playing.

PalmerToCJ
10-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Chinedum Ndukwe.

Not that he's bad really but after last season, I thought he could break into the upper echelon of safeties this year. Now he can't even start over Roy Williams. Both have just played average I'd say. That has disappointed me.

That and Chase Coffman. We could really use a TE right now and he can't even dress on Sunday's for lack of blocking.

The Unseen
10-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Harvey plays pretty good agianst the Titans.....

The Titans are a negative number

Splat
10-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Adalius Thomas for me and it's not really close.

When NE picked him up I thought it was such a great fit to...

MetSox17
10-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Except the analogy is just fine. Simply saying "thanks for playing" sarcastically is not a point whatsoever. He has false starts, you can't negate that, just like Cutler has interceptions, you can't negate that either. Thanks for playing.

A false start is a 5 yard penalty. An interception gives the opposing team possession. Again, terrible analogy. ****

Gay Ork Wang
10-30-2009, 08:47 PM
A false start is a 5 yard penalty. An interception gives the opposing team possession. Again, terrible analogy. ****
one reason that we lost to the falcons was because of a false start.

tjsunstein
10-31-2009, 01:47 AM
There's 5 dissapointing players on the Packers this year. Just so happens they all start on the offensive line.

brat316
10-31-2009, 02:03 AM
anyone know how Robert Ayers is doing?

Diehard
10-31-2009, 02:29 AM
anyone know how Robert Ayers is doing?

He's doing just fine... and getting better each game.