PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Mark Sanchez!

neko4
10-28-2009, 06:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/After-hot-dog-gate-Sanchez-buys-dogs-and-burg?urn=nfl,198783

Mark Sanchez has purchased 500 hot dogs, 500 hamburgers, buns and rolls through A&P to donate to the Community Soup Kitchen of Morristown.

I didnt know A&P still existed

Shane P. Hallam
10-28-2009, 06:55 PM
I still don't understand why him eating a hot dog was a big deal...

Splat
10-28-2009, 07:13 PM

This this and more this.

Halsey
10-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Because it's about setting precedents. If it's ok for Sanchez then the next thing you know the whole team will be stuffing their face all game. Successful businesses set strict standards for how they present themselves.

SuperKevin
10-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Football is a tiring sport. Sometimes you need to eat to maintain a certain level of energy. I'm actually shocked that more people aren't seen eating on the sidelines

Babylon
10-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Football is a tiring sport. Sometimes you need to eat to maintain a certain level of energy. I'm actually shocked that more people aren't seen eating on the sidelines

How about a protein bar, what kind of nourishment is there in a hotdog?

BmoreBlackByrdz
10-28-2009, 07:22 PM
classy move by Sanchez with the donations. I've always liked him as a person and player. and I agree, why was him eating a big deal?

SuperKevin
10-28-2009, 07:22 PM

Quick burst from the carbs? I don't know but they taste good

Splat
10-28-2009, 07:23 PM

I'm not sure but if your looking for taste I would go hotdog.

brat316
10-28-2009, 07:27 PM

Jon Ritchie said that plenty of guys do it, just sanchez got caught.

I don't think its a big deal.

derza222
10-28-2009, 07:27 PM
I think the concern is it kind of looked like he was showing up the Raiders by eating a hot dog at the end of the game when it was basically won. Don't really think it was a huge deal either though.

SuperKevin
10-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I bet if Jay Cutler did it and blamed his diabetes nobody would care

M.O.T.H.
10-28-2009, 07:32 PM
It's just unprofessional. I mean it's not a huge deal but, it still doesnt look good. I've had teammates stuff their face on the sideline back in the day before, it just makes them and the rest of team look bad. I'm sure those that have played, would understand it better than those that havent played.

Shane P. Hallam
10-28-2009, 08:22 PM
It's just unprofessional. I mean it's not a huge deal but, it still doesnt look good. I've had teammates stuff their face on the sideline back in the day before, it just makes them and the rest of team look bad. I'm sure those that have played, would understand it better than those that havent played.

Unprofessional? Okay, but this isn't an office. Drinking Gatorade and hitting people isn't professional either. This is a different environment. Doesn't matter if you have played or not played, I understand the connotation, but it isn't this big of a deal.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
It's a ******* hot dog.

M.O.T.H.
10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Professional in the sense...that the NFL is a business, in itself. Gatorade drinking and hitting is a part of their business. Scoffing down hot dogs on the side lines is not. Eating on the sidelines is a big no no. That's something you learn and adhere to in flag football. I agree it's not really a big deal...but, it's bush league and it just doesnt look good.

Thecollegedropout
10-28-2009, 08:38 PM
The thing that is going under the radar is that the West Coast in just 1 week could be possibly draining and since NYJ had to get back on the plane for their game next week vs Miami at NY, maybe Sanchez thought he could sneak one up before the long trip home. For a rookie, a trip from 1 part of the country to the other could be a new experience and possibly one that can drain a player.
(I dont know if he experienced that jetlag back in USC)

Sanchez wasn't even gloating about eating a hot dog, he tried to finish it as fast as possible but sadly for him, when your the face of the team cameras will be on you nonstop 24/7.

But regardless, kudos to him for making the donation.

soybean
10-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Professional in the sense...that the NFL is a business, in itself. Gatorade drinking and hitting is a part of their business. Scoffing down hot dogs on the side lines is not. Eating on the sidelines is a big no no. That's something you learn and adhere to in flag football. I agree it's not really a big deal...but, it's bush league and it just doesnt look good.

see here's the problem though. Who made that ok? what if other people have been eating hot dogs on the sidelines before and it was nothing new. Then it wouldnt have been a big deal, even though by your standards it is still unprofessional.

I think its funny how touchdown celebrations and taunting are accepted by the media but hot dog eating is not?

ps. energy bars taste like sh**

M.O.T.H.
10-28-2009, 09:01 PM
see here's the problem though. Who made that ok? what if other people have been eating hot dogs on the sidelines before and it was nothing new. Then it wouldnt have been a big deal, even though by your standards it is still unprofessional.

I think its funny how touchdown celebrations and taunting are accepted by the media but hot dog eating is not?

ps. energy bars taste like sh**

Oh come on. Most players dont even drink water anymore, it's all gatorade. We're talking about junk food on the sidelines. I know it sounds silly but, it's just not the place.

Saints-Tigers
10-28-2009, 09:24 PM
It's only an issue because it's a QB in New York. We have to talk about it.

Edit: I mean him eating the hot dog on the sideline, I wasn't taking away from the great gesture of donating!

CC.SD
10-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Hot dogs are delicious, I wish I had one right now.

Xenos
10-28-2009, 10:11 PM

Hot dogs with bratwurst is the best. Or the fried ones.

Babylon
10-28-2009, 10:15 PM

I agree and it's a rookie. What's next, fire up the grill and have a piece of Salmon? Looks lame to me.

Crickett
10-28-2009, 10:18 PM

I do have one right now. More than one fact. Why I'm eating dinner at 11:18 at night is another story though.

LonghornsLegend
10-28-2009, 10:21 PM

Or why he had to apoligize for it, I mean, seriously? I get that it's not "football etiquite" or whatever you wanna call it, but if you can rip a guys head off on the field, I find it a bit ironic that it's "out of place" to eat a hotdog briefly on the sideline.

CC.SD
10-28-2009, 10:27 PM
I do have one right now. More than one fact. Why I'm eating dinner at 11:18 at night is another story though.

Don't be an idiot! It's not even 8:30. Man that hot dog sounds pretty good though. I could really go for one.

Prowler
10-28-2009, 10:37 PM
how is a qb putting a weiner in his mouth during a game not a big story? but it is a great move donating food to a soup kitchen. almost makes me forgive him for that 5 interception performance against the bills.

Beans
10-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I volunteered at that kitchen once

niel89
10-28-2009, 11:52 PM
I understand both sides of it. Sometimes a guy just needs to eat something during a game. Maybe a hotdog was the first thing that was handy and sounded good. But it could also be seen as little disrespectful to the other team, if you are beating them so easily you have time to grab some food.

DexterM
10-29-2009, 01:23 AM
I bet a fan threw it at him so he just decided to eat it instead of allowing such horrible littering to take place.

Sanchez for human of the year, 2010.

SickwithIt1010
10-29-2009, 01:33 AM
classy move mark...but everyone needs to get off this guy's jock about eating a frickin hot dog.

killxswitch
10-29-2009, 07:31 AM
What a stupid "controversy". Glad he donated the hot dogs though.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-29-2009, 09:00 AM
He said he was really sick the night before and didn't eat anything all morning.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-29-2009, 09:42 AM
I think players should be able to smoke on the field during games. It would make it more interesting.Celebrate a sack with a nice cigar.

Also the home team should have a nice catered buffet on the sideline and the away team gets nothing.

Prowler
10-29-2009, 11:07 AM
i like the cigar and catering idea. home field is home field after all.

week 17 Bengals at Jets. how funny would it be if ochocinco scored a touchdown then ate a hotdog in the endzone?

Airborne
10-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Are we all turning into a bunch of ten year old girls? Really, the things people get worked up about. He ate a hotdog. During the game. OMG!!

Brent
10-29-2009, 12:56 PM
I bet if Jay Cutler did it and blamed his diabetes nobody would care
hahaha, awesome.

I think players should be able to smoke on the field during games.
coaches used to, so what's the big deal?

MetSox17
10-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Baseball is also a business. You see guys stuffing their face with junk food in the sidelines every single game. Hell, even chewing tobacco. He had a freakin' hot dog. A HOT DOG.

LizardState
10-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Did he draw a fine from the team for it, is it against NFL rules to eat on the sideline?

The fine + what he overpaid for the dog to the vendor makes it damn expensive snack.

bantx
10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
was it mustard or ketchup?!

killxswitch
10-29-2009, 01:57 PM
If it was ketchup then this whole thing becomes a REAL scandal.

Brent
10-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Baseball is also a business. You see guys stuffing their face with junk food in the sidelines every single game. Hell, even chewing tobacco. He had a freakin' hot dog. A HOT DOG.
The old punter for the Vikings used to eat a Snickers bar every game on the sidelines. I remember because he would keep it in the unworn cleats that went on his kicking foot.

Babylon
10-29-2009, 06:44 PM
I must be old school. Eat a pregame meal or have an energy drink on the sidelines. Put the ####### hotdog away Mark. I'd give Favre or Manning a pass not a rookie.

Gay Ork Wang
10-29-2009, 06:50 PM
I must be old school. Eat a pregame meal or have an energy drink on the sidelines. Put the ####### hotdog away Mark. I'd give Favre or Manning a pass not a rookie.
its.a.hotdog.

its not steroids. its not a beer. its just a hotdog. how is this a big deal?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-29-2009, 07:00 PM

Which is why being a baseball player would be ******* awesome.

Also, who is more in the wrong here:

Sanchez?
tUHYAMAbxMA

or Bill Walker?
-lrNFVSkfrQ

Babylon
10-29-2009, 07:07 PM
its.a.hotdog.

its not steroids. its not a beer. its just a hotdog. how is this a big deal?

First off there is zero nourishment in a hotdog. So basically you're stuffing your face for no other reason but that you can. Have an energy drink if you need a boost. Seems sort of weak for a rookie, especially one that has had a few bad weeks. I wouldnt want the attention. If it's no big deal why did he go out and buy all the dogs for charity?

Gay Ork Wang
10-29-2009, 07:12 PM
First off there is zero nourishment in a hotdog. So basically you're stuffing your face for no other reason but that you can. Have an energy drink if you need a boost. Seems sort of weak for a rookie, especially one that has had a few bad weeks. I wouldnt want the attention. If it's no big deal why did he go out and buy all the dogs for charity?
so you have never eaten a hot dog? its delicious. thats why you eat it.

the thing is that it shouldnt be a big deal. but it is, for no reason. so he has to go out and justify himself.

Obviously its not the optimum for a player, but come on. its a hotdog.

WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE? ABOUT A TURKEY? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A HOTDOG MAN, WE'RE TALKING BOUT A HOTDOG

seriously its being treated as if he flipped off the fans and told them he had sex with their moms

LonghornsLegend
10-29-2009, 07:14 PM
First off there is zero nourishment in a hotdog

Oh no, zero nutrition? He's got to be the first football player to eat soemthing with zero nutrition, what a huge loser!!! He should be suspended.

. So basically you're stuffing your face for no other reason but that you can.

Or maybe it was the reason he stated, he wasn't feeling good before hand, hadn't ate, by the time he felt he could stomach something a hotdog may of been the best option. If your starving hungry and hadn't eaten that day you trying to tell me a little ass powerbar is going to be enough ?

Have an energy drink if you need a boost. Seems sort of weak for a rookie, especially one that has had a few bad weeks.

Again, he said he didn't eat prior to the game, so you wanted him to drink an energy drink, for a boost? Have you ever played football before? Also, What does him having a few bad weeks prior have anything at all to do with? I really fail to see how that's even a little bit relevant, or how that's "weak for a rookie"

Look we get the whole, "it's not football etiquite" or whatever, it's not like he had his feet kicked up leaning back munching on it, he apoligized after, end of story. You guys are acting like he spit in someones face, or mooned a fan on the way out. If there was something that wrong with what he did he would be fined for it.

Also for all we know Rex Ryan made him donate those hot dogs, we don't even know the whole story behind that. It's just funny to see some guys in this thread making it seem like he committed a crime.

Wootylicous
10-29-2009, 07:16 PM
This thread is full of win.

We are talking about a freakin hot-dog right ? one freakin hot dog ?

Gay Ork Wang
10-29-2009, 07:17 PM
BUT HE ATE A HOTDOG. HOW DARE HE! thats not what a NFL Player is supposed to do. no hotdogs for them

Wootylicous
10-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah I mean everyone of us is so clean and we all eat healthy. We now have that right to judge a guy who is an athlete who ate ONE freakin hot dog on the sideline I mean.

bantx
10-29-2009, 07:30 PM
I went and got a hot dog from 7/11 today, thanks Marky. And yes it was delicious.

TitanHope
10-29-2009, 08:39 PM
I wonder what Allen Iverson would have to say about Oscar Meyer Gate...

http://img.youtube.com/vi/eGDBR2L5kzI/0.jpg

"He might've eaten one hot dog this year, but if somebody saw him eating a hot dog, it can be one hot dog, out of all the snacks on the sideline, then he's been doing it wrong all year."

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos2/2002-05-07-iverson2.jpg

"We sittin' here, and he's supposed to be the franchise quarterback, and we're in here talkin' bout a hot dog."

http://blog.pennlive.com/lvsports/2007/08/large_iverson.jpg

"We're talking bout a hot dog! Not a game! Not a game! We're talking about a hot dog. Not a game! Not the game that Sanchez goes out there and wins. Not the game. We talkin' bout a hot dog..."

http://www.maniacworld.com/classic-allen-iverson-rant.jpg

"How silly is that? Man, we're talkin' bout a hot dog. I know he's got energy bars and he's supposed to lead by example...I know that. And I'm not shoving poor nutrition aside. I know it's important. I do. I honestly do...but we talkin' about a hot dog, man!"

Babylon
10-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Oh no, zero nutrition? He's got to be the first football player to eat soemthing with zero nutrition, what a huge loser!!! He should be suspended.

Or maybe it was the reason he stated, he wasn't feeling good before hand, hadn't ate, by the time he felt he could stomach something a hotdog may of been the best option. If your starving hungry and hadn't eaten that day you trying to tell me a little ass powerbar is going to be enough ?

Again, he said he didn't eat prior to the game, so you wanted him to drink an energy drink, for a boost? Have you ever played football before? Also, What does him having a few bad weeks prior have anything at all to do with? I really fail to see how that's even a little bit relevant, or how that's "weak for a rookie"

Look we get the whole, "it's not football etiquite" or whatever, it's not like he had his feet kicked up leaning back munching on it, he apoligized after, end of story. You guys are acting like he spit in someones face, or mooned a fan on the way out. If there was something that wrong with what he did he would be fined for it.

Also for all we know Rex Ryan made him donate those hot dogs, we don't even know the whole story behind that. It's just funny to see some guys in this thread making it seem like he committed a crime.

To me it's not a big deal i just think it probably isnt something teams condone, if it was you'd see it done more often. Yeah i think its inappropriate but i admit it isnt a big deal. I played for a lot of coaches over the years and none would tolerate that so maybe that's my frame of mind on it.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-29-2009, 09:59 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TitanHope again.

AlexDown
10-29-2009, 10:14 PM
The only one overreacting more than the media to this incident is Sanchez.

killxswitch
10-29-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm having trouble just making up a "scandal" more ridiculous than this one. Get a life people.

CC.SD
10-29-2009, 11:04 PM
What is the Over/Under on games until Ochocinco eats a hot dog on the sideline? I say 3

RufusMcDaniel
10-29-2009, 11:15 PM
If I was Sanchez, I would have asked for Nachos.

SuperKevin
10-29-2009, 11:16 PM
What is the Over/Under on games until Ochocinco eats a hot dog on the sideline? I say 3

He's going to pull one out of his pants and eat it on the field

Crickett
10-29-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm having trouble just making up a "scandal" more ridiculous than this one. Get a life people.

A.J. Burnett hitting players in the face with pies?
Gilbert Arenas cheating in Halo 3?
Manny Ramirez giving someone in the stands a high 5?

Iamcanadian
10-29-2009, 11:41 PM
What's funny is that some hot dog company will now hire him to plug their hot dogs and he'll make millions from it.