PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young Starting vs Jags

DoughBoy
10-29-2009, 12:38 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091029/SPORTS01/91029025/Vince+Young+to+start+as+Titans++quarterback+agains t+Jaguars

This is his last chance to be the Titans QB.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
I bet Fisher didn't make that decision and I bet he isn't happy with it

MetSox17
10-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Yeaaaahhhh!

Brent
10-29-2009, 12:53 PM
hahahahhaha I need to watch this game.

DoughBoy
10-29-2009, 12:56 PM
He can't be any worse than Jamarcus or David Anderson, 30th best starting QB in the NFL at least!!!! WOOT!

LizardState
10-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Vince Young will confirm their drafting in the top 4 next April. ESPN said that he has yet to learn how to throw from the pocket, the NFL is a very unforgiving place to begin your Intro. to QBing 101

bantx
10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Watch VY lights it up!

Hurricanes25
10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
It's about time. They have to see what they have before next April.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Titans 10-6, sneak into that 2nd wildcard spot.

tjsunstein
10-29-2009, 02:22 PM
/facepalm.

Gotta see what you have.

M.O.T.H.
10-29-2009, 02:26 PM
He can't be any worse than Jamarcus or David Anderson, 30th best starting QB in the NFL at least!!!! WOOT!

David Anderson is probably a better QB than Derek Anderson.

Sniper
10-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Triple option with LenDale and Chris Johnson = CHAMPIONSHIP!

Brothgar
10-29-2009, 02:36 PM
How quick we forget that he was in the Pro Bowl and ORoY. (How quickly I forget what he's looked like ever since)

DoughBoy
10-29-2009, 02:38 PM
David Anderson is probably a better QB than Derek Anderson.

David Anderson/Derek Anderson/Brady Anderson, same guy.

M.O.T.H.
10-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Well David Anderson is a WR for the Texans...and no, I wouldnt be shocked if he could play the QB position better than Derek at this point.

colts_fan8818
10-29-2009, 03:02 PM
At least the Titans can't possibly get all that much worse at this point.

MaxV
10-29-2009, 03:09 PM
This was the right decision imo.

But I'm wondering what is going on between Titans' owner and Jeff Fisher right now.

Fisher can't possibly be fired, can he?

Shiver
10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
How quick we forget that he was in the Pro Bowl and ORoY. (How quickly I forget what he's looked like ever since)

Because like the other 13 other Quarterbacks in the AFC dropped out?

Nalej
10-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Because like the other 13 other Quarterbacks in the AFC dropped out?

haha... exactly

I think its a good decision. He's up for a nice bonus next year and they might as well figure out if they need to upgrade the position or not since we all know Collins is not the answer

Brent
10-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Fisher can't possibly be fired, can he?
"Whatever coaching staff takes Vince Young will be out of a job in three years"
-Merrill Hoge, in the lead up to the 2006 draft.

PROPHET!

Dirk360
10-29-2009, 04:08 PM
this is just another opportunity for espn to pick on another brotha qb. campbell, mcnabb, russell, culpepper, vick, and now young.

CashmoneyDrew
10-29-2009, 04:08 PM

Pretty sure Fisher didn't want Vince Young in the first place.

Saints-Tigers
10-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Titans get their first win this week, and people give the credit to everyone but Vince. Book it.

BlindSite
10-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Tennessee needed something, I dont think this is it, but hey at least he should be more successful flailing about trying to outrun would be pass rushers than Collins was.

M.O.T.H.
10-29-2009, 05:07 PM
"Whatever coaching staff takes Vince Young will be out of a job in three years"
-Merrill Hoge, in the lead up to the 2006 draft.

PROPHET!

"Dallas wont draft Felix Jones because, he is too much like Marion Barber."
- Merril Hoge, a few days prior to the 2008 draft

Dumb Ass!

:D

the decider13
10-29-2009, 05:10 PM
this is just another opportunity for espn to pick on another brotha qb. campbell, mcnabb, russell, culpepper, vick, and now young.

You do realize that all of those QBs except for Mcnabb suck right? Maybe that is why they pick on them? Because they suck?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-29-2009, 05:29 PM
You do realize that all of those QBs except for Mcnabb suck right? Maybe that is why they pick on them? Because they suck?

Even if they are picking on them because they are black it isn't a bad thing. I mean they aren't being racist. Just look at the success rate for African American QB's. The majority don't do well. Yes there are the few but it is what it is.

The Unseen
10-29-2009, 05:40 PM
He'll get some good numbers early on, get confident, and then we'll destroy his ass.

TitanHope
10-29-2009, 06:13 PM
This calls for a sig change...

Gay Ork Wang
10-29-2009, 06:34 PM
i like how you messed up on the bet and you still have to wear a steelers avy

Babylon
10-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Pretty sure Fisher didn't want Vince Young in the first place.

Neither did Norm Chow, of course their choice was Matt Leinart not Jay Cutler.

As for Vince starting it is probably a better game to introduce him to, Jags as opposed to Patriots. Funny how that happens.

TitanHope
10-29-2009, 07:20 PM
i like how you messed up on the bet and you still have to wear a steelers avy

Good for you.

What can I say though? That Terrible Towel curse even comes back to bite Titans posters in the ass. ;)

VY has never performed well against the Jags. Collins was able to light them up last year on offense, but with VY at the helm, it's been the defense who won it.

Although, I hold the theory that the DEF plays better with VY starting because, well, they have to if they wanna win. :D

Flyboy
10-29-2009, 07:30 PM
I'll definitely be pulling for him.

P-L
10-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Vince will go 10/24, 131 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT and the Titans will win 9-7. Here come the "Vince Young just wins games" comments.

RufusMcDaniel
10-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Titans 10-6, sneak into that 2nd wildcard spot.

I like this guy's way of thinking....and Orton's way of drinking.

Iamcanadian
10-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Vince will go 10/24, 131 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT and the Titans will win 9-7. Here come the "Vince Young just wins games" comments.

Hey, they are 18 and 11 under his QBing. I'm sure most teams would take that.

aNYtitan
10-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Titans get their first win this week, and people give the credit to everyone but Vince. Book it.
Of course, but its not a big upset if you beat the Jags. I wanted this move 2 weeks ago, but better late then never. Want to see what he has left, cause this was a draft pick made on potential more then production. Time for that potential to come through

HawkeyeFan
10-29-2009, 11:49 PM
And I thought the Rams QB situation was bad..

ElectricEye
10-29-2009, 11:52 PM

He's a real leader. Just makes the plays that win games.

BlindSite
10-30-2009, 12:58 AM
I posted about this earlier in one of my write ups, it doesn't matter who's throwing passes or running for first downs as long as they're effective at doing so and it leads to winning games. Right now, Collins isn't doing that, if Young can then brilliant! If not, cut ties now and find someone in the out coming crop.

P-L
10-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey, they are 18 and 11 under his QBing. I'm sure most teams would take that.
They are also 14-9 (.609) with Collins at quarterback in the same time period.

Gay Ork Wang
10-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Vince Young has 0.62! 0.62 >0.609

OzTitan
10-30-2009, 11:48 AM
They are also 14-9 (.609) with Collins at quarterback in the same time period.

In the same time period after VY had already started, yeah, but KC started 2006, remember.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 01:19 PM

they dont suck, they are jus in bad situations with no coaching or offensive linemen capable of playing well. you also hear espn use the intelligence card on these guys. just because they are black doesnt mean they arent smart. everyone says russel and campbell are lazy. lmao, how convenient that they dont say that about white qbs. blatant racism from a dispicable company!! im sick and tired of it!

Even if they are picking on them because they are black it isn't a bad thing. I mean they aren't being racist. Just look at the success rate for African American QB's. The majority don't do well. Yes there are the few but it is what it is.

bulger and cassel supposedly suck and they arent picked on! they arent lazy! they arent dumb according to these mediots! ever hear of warren moon and randall cunningham? face it, there is serious bigotry going on behind the scenes! ever wonder how come only the white, all american, "aww shucks" qbs get all the attenition? because they dont intimidate the little kids and families that watch sportcenter. espn paints us as though we are the enemy! matt jones gets busted with crack and it gets swept under the rug!! what is that?

ever wonder how come all the rules favor the offense? simple, the league wants the all american good ol boys network to remain strong. they want the bradys, favres, and peytons to rule white america. the real athletes like freeney, ed reed, patrick willis, haloti ngata, demarcus ware, and terrel suggs get no attention!! why? because in espns eyes they are big and they are black and they are trying to hit our precious QUARTERBACKS!!! without the qbs espn is out of the job because white america doesnt watch nfl football for the mean, big, black men trying to hit the qb. they want to see the white qbs prevail in a league of black men to send a message.

espn wants the kids to think that the big mean black men are dumb gorillas with **** for brains. the media absolutely loves it when brady and welker are outsmarting the mean black men. ive had with this racism in the media and if i have to listen to another word of favre vs rodgers( agghhhhhhhhhhhhh) i am going to fly off the handle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 02:37 PM
He won't do much. Everyone wants to point out that Kerry Collins did crap against NE, well Vince came in the game, threw 2 passes.

1 was picked off...

If Young had any hope of salvaging his career, Fisher wouldve given him a 2nd chance. Fisher sees him every day, he knows more than any of us what he has in Young. If he was so adamant about not starting him, thats clearly a sign that Young doesn't have it.

The only reason why Young is starting is bc the owner forced it to happen.

CC.SD
10-30-2009, 02:55 PM
He won't do much. Everyone wants to point out that Kerry Collins did crap against NE, well Vince came in the game, threw 2 passes.

1 was picked off...

If Young had any hope of salvaging his career, Fisher wouldve given him a 2nd chance. Fisher sees him every day, he knows more than any of us what he has in Young. If he was so adamant about not starting him, thats clearly a sign that Young doesn't have it.

The only reason why Young is starting is bc the owner forced it to happen.

I don't know I think Fisher was caught in a bit of a maelstrom. At 0-3 you can't panic, or you're done. at 0-4 they were staring at Colts and Patriots, and were subsequently screwed. To make a QB change then would not have helped matters.

Obviously Fisher doesn't like Young but I don't think it was the obvious move to turn to him until right abouuuuut...now.

CC.SD
10-30-2009, 02:57 PM
without the qbs espn is out of the job because white america doesnt watch nfl football for the mean, big, black men trying to hit the qb. they want to see the white qbs prevail in a league of black men to send a message.

espn wants the kids to think that the big mean black men are dumb gorillas with **** for brains. the media absolutely loves it when brady and welker are outsmarting the mean black men. ive had with this racism in the media and if i have to listen to another word of favre vs rodgers( agghhhhhhhhhhhhh) i am going to fly off the handle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.jossip.com/wp/docs/2007/06/simon-cowell-thumbs-down.JPG

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 03:05 PM

http://www.jossip.com/wp/docs/2007/06/simon-cowell-thumbs-down.JPG

no wonder we never make any progress on this topic. everyone is too scared to talk about it.

CC.SD
10-30-2009, 03:11 PM
no wonder we never make any progress on this topic. everyone is too scared to talk about it.

You're right, I don't want the scary black men to come get us.

Brothgar
10-30-2009, 03:12 PM

Wow its the black Rush Limbaugh.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 03:27 PM
You're right, I don't want the scary black men to come get us.

super funny.

Wow its the black Rush Limbaugh.

just a black guy who likes the game of football.

Brothgar
10-30-2009, 03:29 PM
super funny.

just a black guy who likes the game of football.

I'm almost willing to bet this guy isn't even black.

10-30-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't think race makes a difference. Ask all the fans of teams with great and mostly black defenses if they mind a good old defensive hit fest. If there was a black QB on the level of Brees, Manning and Brady he wouldn't take any undue crap. McNabb gets a lot of hate, but that's because Philly fans are batshit insane. On most other teams save maybe NY, they'd love him. And he's really been the only really good black QB in a long time.

And with bad QBs, teams turn on them regardless of race.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm almost willing to bet this guy isn't even black.

cmon bro. now, why would you insult me like that?

Bengalsrocket
10-30-2009, 03:40 PM
I think there is a little bit of racism in the league involving the QB position, but it's not "everywhere". Some teams are still willing to give black QB's a chance.

And offenses weren't changed to help white quarterbacks, the rules equally help black quarterbacks. The rules were changed to score points, because touchdowns and touchdown celebrations are exciting for the average fan. While a tough game of defense can be exciting to most everyone on this forum, it's simply not exciting for everyone in the nation.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't think race makes a difference. Ask all the fans of teams with great and mostly black defenses if they mind a good old defensive hit fest. If there was a black QB on the level of Brees, Manning and Brady he wouldn't take any undue crap. McNabb gets a lot of hate, but that's because Philly fans are batshit insane. On most other teams save maybe NY, they'd love him. And he's really been the only really good black QB in a long time.

And with bad QBs, teams turn on them regardless of race.

Because its okay to call another human being a ******, porch monkey, jungle bunny, jigaboo, and coon right? Its all cool isnt it? To use those words over a bad performance is just wrong and no white qbs have to deal with these attacks on their character.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 03:44 PM
I think there is a little bit of racism in the league involving the QB position, but it's not "everywhere". Some teams are still willing to give black QB's a chance.

And offenses weren't changed to help white quarterbacks, the rules equally help black quarterbacks. The rules were changed to score points, because touchdowns and touchdown celebrations are exciting for the average fan. While a tough game of defense can be exciting to most everyone on this forum, it's simply not exciting for everyone in the nation.

please, look at the top selling jerseys in america. almost all of them are white qbs. if its the offense thats exciting how come america isnt buying black offensive players jerseys? could it be because mothers of children dont want their children caught dead advertising a black man on their backs?

Vox Populi
10-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Because its okay to call another human being a ******, porch monkey, jungle bunny, jigaboo, and coon right? Its all cool isnt it? To use those words over a bad performance is just wrong and no white qbs have to deal with these attacks on their character.

This is not the place for this ****. This is a football forum, if you want to debate someone about this there are plenty of other places online to do it. You've turned this into a useless thread of blatant racial ignorance because "white man be oppressing them black QB's and making rules easier to benefit the people who play the ONLY position in football (other than kickers) that has mostly white starters still." Seriously, this is about Vince Young, not racism. Plus, how is that even related? They're starting a black QB over a white one now. They must just be doing it to pull the heart strings of their viewers that for some reason feel better about watching a black quarterback! Thats it! :rolleyes:

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 03:53 PM
This is not the place for this ****. This is a football forum, if you want to debate someone about this there are plenty of other places online to do it. You've turned this into a useless thread of blatant racial ignorance because "white man be oppressing them black QB's and making rules easier to benefit the people who play the ONLY position in football (other than kickers) that has mostly white starters still." Seriously, this is about Vince Young, not racism. Plus, how is that even related? They're starting a black QB over a white one now. They must just be doing it to pull the heart strings of their viewers that for some reason feel better about watching a black quarterback! Thats it! :rolleyes:

your right, im just having a really bad day. my bad.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Vince Young doesn't suck bc he's black.

Vince Young sucks bc he sucks.

CC.SD
10-30-2009, 03:59 PM
please, look at the top selling jerseys in america. almost all of them are white qbs. if its the offense thats exciting how come america isnt buying black offensive players jerseys? could it be because mothers of children dont want their children caught dead advertising a black man on their backs?

I think the better question is, why you are vomiting this stuff up on a draft site, when there are plenty of vacant street corners out there?

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Vince Young doesn't suck bc he's black.

Vince Young sucks bc he sucks.

im cooling down a bit bro so i can talk about this more calmly. vince has bo scaife as his best receiver. chris johnson is a part time back. his offensive line is very solid in my opiinion bro. vince needs to use his legs alot more than he is. you feel me bro?

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 04:01 PM
I think the better question is, why you are vomiting this stuff up on a draft site, when there are plenty of vacant street corners out there?

ahh, brah, im having a bad day. you dont even know all the **** ive been through today.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:02 PM
im cooling down a bit bro so i can talk about this more calmly. vince has bo scaife as his best receiver. chris johnson is a part time back. his offensive line is very solid in my opiinion bro. vince needs to use his legs alot more than he is. you feel me bro?

i agree, Vince should use his legs more. but i can't knock the guy for trying to be more of a pocket passer. you can always make a bigger play in the pocket than you can with your legs.

Vince has weapons. He has one of the best olines in the league, a great RBC, and some decent weapons outside. Washington and Britt are 2 solid WRs, Crumpler and Scaife make a solid TE duo.

The Titan offense is not as bad as its perceived to be. The qbs just aren't very good.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 04:05 PM
i agree, Vince should use his legs more. but i can't knock the guy for trying to be more of a pocket passer. you can always make a bigger play in the pocket than you can with your legs.

Vince has weapons. He has one of the best olines in the league, a great RBC, and some decent weapons outside. Washington and Britt are 2 solid WRs, Crumpler and Scaife make a solid TE duo.

The Titan offense is not as bad as its perceived to be. The qbs just aren't very good.

well, i mean not everybody can have a top notch qb man. you have to play to each guys strengths. you telling me that orton is this much better than vince? no way, mcdaniels just emphasisez his stregths and camouflages his weaknesses.

CC.SD
10-30-2009, 04:05 PM

It's interesting to think what Jay Cutler, or even to a lesser extent Leinart would be doing with that O-line, a serious set of RBs, and receivers that are at least okay. Kenny Britt and Chris Johnson will make up a serious 2/3 of a triplets combo someday.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 04:09 PM
It's interesting to think what Jay Cutler, or even to a lesser extent Leinart would be doing with that O-line, a serious set of RBs, and receivers that are at least okay. Kenny Britt and Chris Johnson will make up a serious 2/3 of a triplets combo someday.

britt and washington are number 2 guys homie. leinart is on a team with the best receivers in the game. problem is, the old man is starting ahead of him.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:09 PM

Well...Leinart does have the Cardinals offense. So I don't feel too bad for him. Its his own fault that he hasn't been a starter yet. Maybe he gets another chance, maybe its with another team. Who knows. I still have faith in the guy.

well, i mean not everybody can have a top notch qb man. you have to play to each guys strengths. you telling me that orton is this much better than vince? no way, mcdaniels just emphasisez his stregths and camouflages his weaknesses.

Actually, yes. Kyle Orton is a much better quarterback. Its not even close really.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Well...Leinart does have the Cardinals offense. So I don't feel too bad for him. Its his own fault that he hasn't been a starter yet. Maybe he gets another chance, maybe its with another team. Who knows. I still have faith in the guy.

Actually, yes. Kyle Orton is a much better quarterback. Its not even close really.

really? thats just shocking to me. he is that much better? average arm in my opinion.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:12 PM
really? thats just shocking to me. he is that much better? average arm in my opinion.

vince young's arm isn't great either.

and he has a below average brain. so advantage Orton.

Brothgar
10-30-2009, 04:17 PM

VY also has an awful throwing motion.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 04:18 PM

so, a first round draft pick has a below average brain and an average arm? so, why was he picked that high?

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:19 PM
so, a first round draft pick has a below average brain and an average arm? so, why was he picked that high?

"high ceiling"

and an overreaction to a bowl game (just like Jamarcus Russell)

thats why.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 04:24 PM
"high ceiling"

thats why.

so, then why arent heads rolling? if i screwed up like that at my job my but would be gone. you telling me that pro scouts and personnel men who get paid to make these decisisions picked him on the basis of one game? wow, if you are right then these guys have some explaining to do.

Giantsfan1080
10-30-2009, 04:26 PM
so, then why arent heads rolling? if i screwed up like that at my job my but would be gone. you telling me that pro scouts and personnel men who get paid to make these decisisions picked him on the basis of one game? wow, if you are right then these guys have some explaining to do.

The owner can't fire himself. Fischer and at the time Norm Chow wanted Leinart but the owner nixed that. He wanted Young and he got him.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:29 PM

They are.

The GM who drafted Vince Young got fired.

Norm Chow, the offensive coordinator for Young during his first 2 years got fired.

And now Jeff Fisher is under the hot seat.

Everyone is taking the fall for a decision that the owner made. None of those guys (minus maybe the GM) wanted Young. They all wanted Leinart.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 04:29 PM
The owner can't fire himself. Fischer and at the time Norm Chow wanted Leinart but the owner nixed that. He wanted Young and he got him.

and is the owner taking serious heat for this messup that set his franchise back?

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 04:30 PM
They are.

Norm Chow, the offensive coordinator for Young during his first 2 years got fired.

Everyone is taking the fall for a decision that the owner made. None of those guys (minus maybe the GM) wanted Young. They all wanted Leinart.

that would explain it well bro. thats what happens if you make a decision on one game.

Vox Populi
10-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Chow got fired? I thought he left on his own terms for a college coaching job...

10-30-2009, 04:51 PM

I've never heard of that. I was referring to the "bench McNabb" movement that pops up all the time. If people are actually saying that, then yeah, that is ****** up and should not happen.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:52 PM
I've never heard of that. I was referring to the "bench McNabb" movement that pops up all the time. If people are actually saying that, then yeah, that is ****** up and should not happen.

I know tons of Eagles fans (unfortunately), and yeah, the calling for McNabb to get benched happens quite often.

The most popular man in Philly has always been McNabb's backup qb. Detmer, Garcia, Kolb, they all get a ton of love.

The second McNabb hopskips a pass at a WR's feet, the majority of the Philly faithful start booing and cussing.

Its 1 of the million reasons why I hate Philly with a passion.

DoughBoy
10-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Dirk and Danzing need to duke it out.

DoughBoy
10-30-2009, 05:00 PM
They are.

Correction, Reese got fired because he couldn't draft. VY is the reason Chow got fired though.

10-30-2009, 05:00 PM
"high ceiling"

thats why.

I don't think it was an overreaction to one bowl game. If you take away the actual meaning of the game(Rose Bowl vs. Nat. Champ game), his bowl game before that was probably even more impressive, although not from a pro prospect standpoint.

Plus, he deserved the Heisman that year. Reggie was great and it's a close call, but Vince Young was definitely the best player in college football that year.

As for high ceiling, yeah you're on the dot there. To his credit though, he had matured as a passer over his career at Texas to the point where he was the most efficient passer his junior year. Obviously, I doubt many people in the league thought that would make him Peyton Manning in the pros or anything, but an above average passer with the scrambling ability of Vince Young is certainly enough to salivate at. He was high-risk, high-reward, and unfortunately, the high-risk side won out.

the decider13
10-30-2009, 05:07 PM

That would be an amazing fight. I would pay to see that.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 05:11 PM
That would be an amazing fight. I would pay to see that.

I dont want to fight anybody bro.

who is that bro?

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't think it was an overreaction to one bowl game. If you take away the actual meaning of the game(Rose Bowl vs. Nat. Champ game), his bowl game before that was probably even more impressive, although not from a pro prospect standpoint.

Plus, he deserved the Heisman that year. Reggie was great and it's a close call, but Vince Young was definitely the best player in college football that year.

As for high ceiling, yeah you're on the dot there. To his credit though, he had matured as a passer over his career at Texas to the point where he was the most efficient passer his junior year. Obviously, I doubt many people in the league thought that would make him Peyton Manning in the pros or anything, but an above average passer with the scrambling ability of Vince Young is certainly enough to salivate at. He was high-risk, high-reward, and unfortunately, the high-risk side won out.

I was just never a fan of Vince Young. At first I thought he'd prove me wrong after his rookie year. It looked like he had that intangible "it" to him, but then he wound up being what I thought he was.

To be fair though, I thought Leinart would be good. And so far, he's just as disappointing as Young is, if not more.

I had that qb class rated as

1. Cutler
2. Leinart

3. Vince Young

I just didn't think the guy had the tools to pan out in the NFL.

DoughBoy
10-30-2009, 05:16 PM
who is that bro?

He doesn't think white guys get enough respect in the NFL.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 05:18 PM
He doesn't think white guys get enough respect in the NFL.

hahahaha!!! oh man. the media is sucking them off everytime i flip on the tv. give me a break. their respected just fine.

Dirk360
10-30-2009, 05:19 PM
I was just never a fan of Vince Young. At first I thought he'd prove me wrong after his rookie year. It looked like he had that intangible "it" to him, but then he wound up being what I thought he was.

To be fair though, I thought Leinart would be good. And so far, he's just as disappointing as Young is, if not more.

I had that qb class rated as

1. Cutler
2. Leinart

3. Vince Young

I just didn't think the guy had the tools to pan out in the NFL.

leinart used to throw to the most open receivers i have ever seen. here is a theory, what cassel won that job in camp instead of leinart? would he have been the first round pick?

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 05:25 PM
leinart used to throw to the most open receivers i have ever seen. here is a theory, what cassel won that job in camp instead of leinart? would he have been the first round pick?

probably.

I liked Leinart bc he could read defenses and was accurate.

Leinart fell off in the NFL bc he took his partyboy USC work ethic with him to the big leagues.

He, like Reggie Bush, felt like a superstar before he even accomplished anything on the field. Thats why Leinart didn't live up to the hype.

But he was accurate, could read defenses, adjust protections, and had winning pedigree. He also made some clutch plays. There were obvious issues as well, like arm strength and footwork in the pocket, as well as not really feeling much pressure or having to throw into tight windows, but he was still a solid prospect.

I had Cutler higher than him still.

TitanHope
10-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Correction, Reese got fired because he couldn't draft. VY is the reason Chow got fired though.

Chow got fired because he was a lame duck NFL OC with predictable playcalling and scoring inefficiency.

Nothing against Chow. He's an awesome college coordinator, but I'm so glad we got Heimerdinger back.

CC.SD
10-30-2009, 06:45 PM
probably.

I liked Leinart bc he could read defenses and was accurate.

Leinart fell off in the NFL bc he took his partyboy USC work ethic with him to the big leagues.

He, like Reggie Bush, felt like a superstar before he even accomplished anything on the field. Thats why Leinart didn't live up to the hype.

But he was accurate, could read defenses, adjust protections, and had winning pedigree. He also made some clutch plays. There were obvious issues as well, like arm strength and footwork in the pocket, as well as not really feeling much pressure or having to throw into tight windows, but he was still a solid prospect.

I had Cutler higher than him still.

He's not dead...he'll get another shot.

OzTitan
10-30-2009, 06:55 PM
People should stop pretending they know who Fisher and Reese wanted. The recent events with Bud having to come out and force a change at QB by using the media tells me he actually was keeping out of it until just now. Otherwise it would have just been another closed door meeting. Besides, if Fisher didn't want Young, then why did he sign his extension after drafting him while he was still the starter?

I'm sure Bud let it be known he really liked Young, but I don't think he made the call to the extent some believe.

As for Chow, his offense was clearly terrible. He had a low level of talent to work with for sure, but so did Vince, and lets face it, it's much easier and more sensible to replace a OC than a 2nd year, 3rd overall QB. In 2007, QB and OC were both a problem on offense, but a guy who the team has invested a LOT more money in is naturally going to get a few more chances to prove his worth. It would have been ******** to get rid of VY after 2 years and keep Chow on.

roscoesdad27
10-30-2009, 10:49 PM
i would implement a heavy dose of wildcat for vince.

CashmoneyDrew
10-30-2009, 11:36 PM
Just a few of things.....
1) Waaaaaay too much usage of the word "bro" in this thread.
2) Chris Johnson is not a part-time back. He takes almost all of the carries and Lendale has pretty much been phased out this season.
3) Kenny Britt is only currently a number 2 WR. He'll be a fine number 1 soon.
4) Titans won't use the wildcat offense.

I was too lazy to multi-quote.

the decider13
10-30-2009, 11:39 PM
i would implement a heavy dose of wildcat for vince.

Wildcat really doesn't make sense for Vince. Option play yes, but wildcat no. They drafted him to be a regular QB, they are gonna play him as a regular QB. He always has a lot of runs without having a gimmick offense. He'll run when he feels that is his best chance for yardage.

Shiver
10-30-2009, 11:41 PM
2) Chris Johnson is not a part-time back. He takes almost all of the carries and Lendale has pretty much been phased out this season.

It is not that they will but rather that they really should, it's Vince Young's only real hope of success.

TitanHope
10-31-2009, 01:53 AM

Cool story bro!

Iamcanadian
10-31-2009, 08:00 AM

I agree, I don't think Fisher likes playing with an unorthodox QB even though VY produced an 18 -11 record as his starter. However, the fact that he perfers to stick with Collins and lose every game isn't a strong point in favour of Fisher IMO. Maybe Fisher should be replaced by a HC who can get the most out of VY's talent and not worry about making him into something he's not.

BlindSite
10-31-2009, 07:47 PM
I know tons of Eagles fans (unfortunately), and yeah, the calling for McNabb to get benched happens quite often.

The most popular man in Philly has always been McNabb's backup qb. Detmer, Garcia, Kolb, they all get a ton of love.

The second McNabb hopskips a pass at a WR's feet, the majority of the Philly faithful start booing and cussing.

Its 1 of the million reasons why I hate Philly with a passion.
It's insane McNabb might not be perfect, but he is one of the best QBs in the league.

I agree, I don't think Fisher likes playing with an unorthodox QB even though VY produced an 18 -11 record as his starter. However, the fact that he perfers to stick with Collins and lose every game isn't a strong point in favour of Fisher IMO. Maybe Fisher should be replaced by a HC who can get the most out of VY's talent and not worry about making him into something he's not.

I dunno, part of me thinks fisher would try the change to light a fire under his team's ass and to try and kick start something. At the end of the day Collins isn't a more effective passer any more (most likely) so you might as well go with the guy who can at least make something happen with his legs and has the higher upside.

I'm still a young supporter and I like his chances of putting points on the board more than I like Collins'.

LonghornsLegend
10-31-2009, 09:06 PM

This was a great post. Puts it in perspective instead of looking at it in hindsight. He had arguably a more impressive performance vs Michigan the year before then he did vs USC, and he had some pretty incredible games in between like vs OK State so I really don't think the Nat Champ overreaction was really a factor.

He was showing he could improve as a passer enough to be efficient, won the big games, proved he was a leader, performed in the clutch(all things that if Pryor develops he will be a top 10 pick as well regardless of if he pans out).

If he ends up being a bust everyone looks at his negatives and says that's why, which maybe it was, but it's not like he wasn't justified being a top pick and a good prospect. That's why they use the term high risk high reward for players like him, but Cutler was the [right[/i] pick for them in all honestly and I doubt he was up for consideration with that pick.

I still think VY can be a starting QB in the league if he can regain his confidence back, he came out and had a pretty good rookie season with no weapons around like him like CJ, Britt, and Nate Washington...He'd probably be better suited on another team that put him in an offense that suited his strengths, but I think he can still be a good starter and could still end up the better QB then Leinart.

49ers1984
10-31-2009, 09:36 PM
Wildcat really doesn't make sense for Vince. Option play yes, but wildcat no. They drafted him to be a regular QB, they are gonna play him as a regular QB. He always has a lot of runs without having a gimmick offense. He'll run when he feels that is his best chance for yardage.

The problem with this is he can not thorw the ball accuraly enough to run this system

10-31-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't understand how using your starting QB could ever be considered a wildcat offense.

BlindSite
11-01-2009, 01:40 AM
I don't understand how using your starting QB could ever be considered a wildcat offense.

I don't understand the point in running it with him under centre if he's starting the whole game. They need to use some creativity, screens, dump offs, designed boot legs. He's not a standard drop back passer in every sense of the word, so don't design 30 plays for him to take 3/5/7 step drops, design 10 and mix the others up with screens and play action etc to limit the heat in his face.

He should be catered to like a rookie, or a backup QB starting in place of a real QB. He could be effective but I always thought he was a 3-5 year project before he could be a dominant force. He's in his 3rd year, so now he needs to show at least something other than what he's given so far.

JT Jag
11-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Young will have a terrible game with two interceptions and the Titans will lose by double-digits, but he will throw one long 50+ yard TD when one of our crappy safeties whiffs on a play-action leaving Justin Gage wide open (and Vince Young will have 10 seconds to throw, giving him more than enough time to notice this).

Despite the loss and the interceptions, the TD pass will have the ESPN idiots right back on his jockstrap.

11-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Three words:

Just. Wins. Games.

Bengalsrocket
11-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Three words:

Just. Wins. Games.

Besides the win, his stat line looked good. I didn't catch the game, did he really play that well?

MetSox17
11-01-2009, 05:58 PM

If i'm not mistaken, the "Wildcat" offense is when you have guys motioning from the slot and then having the option read play with the QB. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have someone other than the QB playing the position, it just so happens that most of the time, it's more efficient with a RB.

Corch Irvin Myers ran it a lot with Tebow and Percy Harvin and it was beautiful.

11-01-2009, 06:04 PM
If i'm not mistaken, the "Wildcat" offense is when you have guys motioning from the slot and then having the option read play with the QB. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have someone other than the QB playing the position, it just so happens that most of the time, it's more efficient with a RB.

Corch Irvin Myers ran it a lot with Tebow and Percy Harvin and it was beautiful.

I always thought that was just a spread option play and wildcat was a specific formation where a RB/WR or whatever takes the snap. I dunno, I think we need an authority on the subject.

MetSox17
11-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I always thought that was just a spread option play and wildcat was a specific formation where a RB/WR or whatever takes the snap. I dunno, I think we need an authority on the subject.

A lot of what teams are doing now is just a pure option read out of the shotgun. Texas rode that offense all the way to a NC. WV did that, along with many many other college programs. What the Dolphins run is NOT the same as what most other teams in the NFL are running.

Most of the time Ricky Williams is coming in motion and Ronnie Brown has the option.

TitanHope
11-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Lots of designed QB runs today. Even had CJ and LenDale in the backfield with him at one point with some misdirection. Gotta wonder if the threat of VY running helped open things up for CJ's 200+ yards rushing.

Babylon
11-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Three words:

Just. Wins. Games.

Two words:

It's Jacksonville.

LonghornsLegend
11-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Young will have a terrible game with two interceptions and the Titans will lose by double-digits, but he will throw one long 50+ yard TD when one of our crappy safeties whiffs on a play-action leaving Justin Gage wide open (and Vince Young will have 10 seconds to throw, giving him more than enough time to notice this).

Despite the loss and the interceptions, the TD pass will have the ESPN idiots right back on his jockstrap.

Not quite.

Also, I hardly noticed anyone from ESPN all over his jock, all I hear from most ESPN analyst are that he cannot play the QB position, and if it's not all of them there is a large number of them. Hardly get how you think someone would be "back on" his jockstrap if that were to even happen, he hardly gets love like you make it seem.

BlindSite
11-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Looks like I was half right at least, his presence would help motivate more than anything else.

MarioPalmer
11-01-2009, 06:56 PM
What, you guys don't think VY is the best thing eva to play this game. Hell, I do, even the great StarHeather thought VY was going to be the greatest QB ever to play the position. I mean he has everything. ESPN hype, big game experience, great accuracy, outstanding athleticism.........hahaha sorry, but I can't keep the joke going.

Young is horrible, and Fisher knows the bottom will fall out again, he didn't do anything today that would make anyone believe that he was the reason why they won. Johnson was ballin today, and the defense beat up on a horrific Jag offense that almost lost to the horrid Rams.....Young is NFL garbage and is a lock to be cut at the end of the year because no franchise would dare take a $14 million cap hit on a scrub like that. If they do, then they deserve what they get and thats being terribad.

Anyway, in todays game the Jags apparently forget to stack the box and make Young beat them with his arm.

But the ESPN pundits will of course say that Young should have gone to the Texans and that Mario is a bust and that Reggie Bush is God's gift to the football world....wait.....is it 2006 again?

Vox Populi
11-01-2009, 07:03 PM

Do you intentionally call coach Urban Meyer "corch Irvin Myers"? Or is that just a crazy fail post?

TitanHope
11-01-2009, 07:18 PM
What, you guys don't think VY is the best thing eva to play this game. Hell, I do, even the great StarHeather thought VY was going to be the greatest QB ever to play the position. I mean he has everything. ESPN hype, big game experience, great accuracy, outstanding athleticism.........hahaha sorry, but I can't keep the joke going.

Young is horrible, and Fisher knows the bottom will fall out again, he didn't do anything today that would make anyone believe that he was the reason why they won. Johnson was ballin today, and the defense beat up on a horrific Jag offense that almost lost to the horrid Rams.....Young is NFL garbage and is a lock to be cut at the end of the year because no franchise would dare take a $14 million cap hit on a scrub like that. If they do, then they deserve what they get and thats being terribad.

Anyway, in todays game the Jags apparently forget to stack the box and make Young beat them with his arm.

But the ESPN pundits will of course say that Young should have gone to the Texans and that Mario is a bust and that Reggie Bush is God's gift to the football world....wait.....is it 2006 again?

I was wondering when you'd get your Williams plug in.

No one calling VY a Pro Bowler. But, Kerry Collins led the Titans to a 17-37 beat down in Jacksonville. Vince Young led the Titans to a 30-13 win in Tennessee, and helped win them their first game of the season.

You have a bias against Young for the bashing the Texans took for taking Williams ahead of him, but if you don't think Young helped win them the game today, then you're either blind or ignorant.

Do you intentionally call coach Urban Meyer "corch Irvin Myers"? Or is that just a crazy fail post?

KgbBP9Em00A

Brent
11-01-2009, 07:26 PM
he hardly gets love like you make it seem.
I believe he might be talking about how ESPN acted prior to his 2nd & 3rd seasons.

The Unseen
11-01-2009, 07:30 PM
KgbBP9Em00A

She's my representative.

****** up, I know.

BlindSite
11-01-2009, 07:38 PM

You know what would be cool though, if he was dropped and then got picked up by someone like the Colts, or the Patriots or really any team with a quarterback with three or four years left in them and a coaching staff unlikely to go anywhere quickly.

Break him down, rework his mechanics and throwing and see if he can be taught to read an offense.

Yes he failed in tennessee imo, and yes he's not likely to be the starting QB in tennessee next year, but if he's released and if he can be had at a low salary. Put him at third QB, stash him somewhere and try to grow him on a slow, easy time table and then see what he becomes.

It's probably just a pipe dream, but it would be interesting to see what he could become if he was given an Aaron Rogers type development.

The Unseen
11-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm done hating Vince Young. I'll hate him like any other division player - with mild contempt. I have mild contempt for Chris Johnson but I respect the hell out of him. Why have I hated Vince Young so much? It's because of his hype. But that's not his fault. The objective-NFL-fan side of me would like to see him develop into that guy who wowed everyone in the Rose Bowl. That's basically the reason why everyone overreacted towards his rookie year. He also has been through a lot, so a little success is good for the liking-human-beings side of me.

That being said, I still must be objective. Vince Young had a good game, but his future is still very much an open question. He was supported by his amazing running back and his defense playing a non-contending team. I'd like to see what he can do against other opponents.

11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
On FOX today, they said Vince Young gets the playcall wrong 5-7 i think it was, times per game. So he'll call a play for the receivers that doesn't fit with the call for the linemen. Not a good thing. But he did play well today.

FUNBUNCHER
11-01-2009, 08:21 PM
All I know is VY led the Titans to a 'W' in a blowout. For some reason even the D played better with Young starting.

The kid has intangibles, and obviously the Titans play better with him behind center.
Is he really any worse than Steve McNair was in his 3rd year?? I think if VY had played since the beginning of the season, the Titans would not be 1-7.

It's all about the 'W's - not passer rating, TD/INT ratio, or overall passing yards.

the decider13
11-01-2009, 08:24 PM
All I know is VY led the Titans to a 'W' in a blowout. For some reason even the D played better with Young starting.

The kid has intangibles, and obviously the Titans play better with him behind center.
Is he really any worse than Steve McNair was in his 3rd year?? I think if VY had played since the beginning of the season, the Titans would not be 1-7.

It's all about the 'W's - not passer rating, TD/INT ratio, or overall passing yards.

OH NO

The dreaded "VY just wins games" arguement.

Shiver
11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Let's not get into the "he just wins" nonsense please? I like what he did, but I want to see him do that against a real defense. (sorry Jags)

FUNBUNCHER
11-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Well considering the Titans were 0-7 before today and looked like one of the worst teams in the league, add to the fact they were beaten soundly earlier in the year by the Jags, IMO this was a big win and a huge validation for VY to be the starter.

People get caught up in believing if a QB doesn't win games a 'certain' way, then his victories are somehow less impressive.
VY has his own style like any QB. Sure he needs to spend several more hours a day in film study and more practice time throwing routes to his WRs, but he's far from a bust and Tennessee could do MUCH worse at QB than VY.

IMO Young's biggest problem is work ethic, not talent.

Guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady spend hours of film session time honing and perfecting their game as if they had to be ultra prepared to compensate for a lack of natural talent, which is not true.

Those guys would still be top 10 QBs even if they spent a third less time prepping for games. But their goal is not to be pretty good; Manning and Brady want to be great, SB winning QBs.

This is the biggest hurdle VY has to overcome - when he decides his work ethic will always exceed his talent, he'll be well on his way to realizing his nearly unlimited potential.

Saints-Tigers
11-01-2009, 08:56 PM

I'll give you guys a little credit, you are kind of crediting Vince.

The Unseen
11-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Let's not get into the "he just wins" nonsense please? I like what he did, but I want to see him do that against a real defense. (sorry Jags)

no need for the qualification. We're well aware, lol.

11-01-2009, 09:09 PM
OH NO

The dreaded "VY just wins games" arguement.

HE JUS WIN GAYMEZaa

But seriously, the reason they won is their punter, Kern or whatever. Leaves the 6-0 Broncos, they lose. Joins the 0-6 Titans, they win.

the decider13
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
So Kern is the secret to winning...I knew it. How could McDaniels miss it!

Iamcanadian
11-01-2009, 09:32 PM

Your right, how could anybody think that about VY's 19-11 overall record. Can you imagine if he had any real talent???

CashmoneyDrew
11-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Your right, how could anybody think that about VY's 19-11 overall record. Can you imagine if he had any real talent???

The Titans have plenty of talent dude. What is it with you? Did you have an old lover that slept with a Titan or something? I don't get why you have this agenda against them.

the decider13
11-01-2009, 09:46 PM
The Titans have plenty of talent dude. What is it with you? Did you have an old lover that slept with a Titan or something? I don't get why you have this agenda against them.

He's just a hater...don't worry about it. Before the season he said that the Broncos would be the worst team in the league by far and couldn't see them getting more than a couple of wins. He changes focus when he is proven wrong.

DoughBoy
11-01-2009, 09:50 PM

Chris Johnson,LenDale, One of the best o-lines in football, 4 above average TEs, a great fullback and a few up and coming recivers? Vince has plenty to work with.

P-L
11-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah, that win had absolutely nothing do with Chris Johnson running for 230 yards and 2 TD or the Titans defense holding Jacksonville to 13 points and 113 yards passing while forcing two turnovers. It was all Vince Young, who just wins games!!!

The Titans defense gave up an average of 33 points in their first six games. They gave up only 13 today. Chris Johnson outscored the Jaguars today by himself (if you count the PAT's). Vince Young just didn't make any mistakes. Granted, that is better than what Kerry Collins was doing, but I'm not about to say he's the answer to the Titans quarterback issues just yet.

OzTitan
11-01-2009, 10:26 PM

I'm not up on the exact stats, but I'll take a stab at why this is so - firstly, Kerry is a passer only and, not only that, but he is a lower % passer than VY - not really due to any drop in accuracy, but because if the play breaks down, KC is throwing it out of bounds or to the ground. If a play breaks down with Vince there, he'll likely either scramble or move around and find someone. This equals fewer incompletions, fewer clock stops, more TOP, and more game time the D has to rest. It isn't a whole lot, but it adds up by the 4th Q.

Secondly, Vince is simply better on 3rd down, at least it seems he is (again, not quoting stats here). Today's game is a prime example - a couple of 3rd down conversions that Kerry simply wouldn't be able to achieve. That 3rd down play to Britt was what fuels hope for Vince in this league. And then CJ gets a big TD on the next play.

And to answer your McNair Q - no, he's not really any worse than Steve was at a similar age and development point. People easily forget how much development he took and how many wanted him benched too.

critesy
11-01-2009, 10:40 PM
i showed my faith in vy today by picking him up and starting him in fantasy. got me a solid 14 points. my original, carson, was on a bye.

Iamcanadian
11-01-2009, 10:43 PM

I guess you missed my sarcasm, I was making fun of the poster and supporting VY not attacking him.

Saints-Tigers
11-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Iamcanadian, they thought you meant "doesn't have any talent" as in, no talent around him, where you were sarcastically saying Vince himself, isn't talented, yea?

Iamcanadian
11-01-2009, 10:47 PM
He's just a hater...don't worry about it. Before the season he said that the Broncos would be the worst team in the league by far and couldn't see them getting more than a couple of wins. He changes focus when he is proven wrong.

Well, I don't think I was the only one who thought Denver would stink and I have eaten humble pie on that prediction for sure. Sure I change focus when I'm totally wrong, I never beat a dead horse, if I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it and try again to get it right the next time.

I guess you missed my sac

oops, bad post somehow.

the decider13
11-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Iamcanadian, they thought you meant "doesn't have any talent" as in, no talent around him, where you were sarcastically saying Vince himself, isn't talented, yea?

I agree, this is what it sounded like you were trying to say IaC. I read it as you saying that the Titan's weren't talented and they were holding VY back. That's what happens when I read things too quickly and don't look for sarcasm.

Iamcanadian
11-01-2009, 10:55 PM

Well, I don't think I was the only one who thought Denver would stink and I have eaten humble pie on that prediction for sure. Sure I change focus when I'm totally wrong, I never beat a dead horse, if I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it and try again to get it right the next time.

I guess you missed my sarcasm as well. I was supporting VY not attacking him. In fact when everybody had a hate on for VY, I predicted he would be Tennessee's starter by mid season. I wonder how many Tennessee fans thought I would be correct in that prediction.
All I ever said about Tennessee is that they won 13 games last year because they drew a weak schedule and wouldn't repeat this year because they drew a much tougher schedule. Also that the reason they wouldn't return to the playoffs this year is because they lacked a franchise QB. I'd hardly call that hate, that is just how the NFL schedules work if your team lacks a franchise QB. It is the same for every NFL team.

LonghornsLegend
11-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah, that win had absolutely nothing do with Chris Johnson running for 230 yards and 2 TD or the Titans defense holding Jacksonville to 13 points and 113 yards passing while forcing two turnovers. It was all Vince Young, who just wins games!!!

The Titans defense gave up an average of 33 points in their first six games. They gave up only 13 today. Chris Johnson outscored the Jaguars today by himself (if you count the PAT's). Vince Young just didn't make any mistakes. Granted, that is better than what Kerry Collins was doing, but I'm not about to say he's the answer to the Titans quarterback issues just yet.

What about when CJ put up nearly 300 total yards and 3 TD's vs the Texans yet they still somehow found a way to lose?

A QB needs alot of things to happen in order to win. You can give credit to the defense and the RB, but how many QB's do you know who will be able to win week in and out without no help from the defense or running game? It's like Vince has to win the game without any help, all on his entire shoulders to get any respect.

Of course he didn't single handedly win this game, but I think it's safe to say any starting QB needs their defense and running game to play well to have a shot at winning the game.

Iamcanadian
11-01-2009, 10:59 PM

No I was saying he was talented enough to bring home a 19-11 record as a starter. I meant it as a complete complement to his abilities.

brat316
11-01-2009, 11:53 PM
CJ tearing it up.

JT Jag
11-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah, this game isn't validation of Vince Young.

Derek Anderson, Trent Edwards and JaMarcus Russell could tear up our pass defense. We give the QB 10+ seconds to throw every single play.

FUNBUNCHER
11-02-2009, 12:18 AM
The Titans were winless before today, so to lead that team to its first win of the season in his first start IMO validates VY in spades.

Monomach
11-02-2009, 01:08 AM

shhhh

HE JUS WINS GAYMES

Saints-Tigers
11-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Lol and here it comes. When the Titans lose with Vince Young, it's all on him, but when they win, we have to pretend he didn't do anything.

OzTitan
11-02-2009, 02:51 AM
Kerry Collins was just terrible on 3rd down. He would often just chuck it away when a gimme completion wasn't there. Yeah, that's a cool veteran move instead of an INT maybe once or twice a game, but he rarely countered those "veteran" decisions with big conversions.

When your offense can't convert 3rd downs, the result starts to snow ball on the D, which is clearly not elite this season for the Titans. Games got quickly out of control. Anyone who saw how Vince Young spun away from the pressure and connected with Britt on a perfect, almost "no look" pass for the 1st down after the Jags captured the momentum with their first big run can easily see how a simple 3rd down conversion here and there can really dictate the pace of game and hence really keep your own defense from crumbling under the pressure. Oh, and CJ got a TD the next play - neither the conversion or the TD would have happend with Collins in that situation, and likely most other QBs in the NFL too.

wordofi
11-02-2009, 08:39 AM
I've always thought Vince Young was the answer in Tennessee. The bottom line is that the guy wins games.

dabears10
11-02-2009, 09:24 AM
The answer to Tennessee's problems are not at QB, but just running. Just run the ball.

JT Jag
11-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Lol and here it comes. When the Titans lose with Vince Young, it's all on him, but when they win, we have to pretend he didn't do anything.For the record...

The Jaguars have allowed a total of 165/235 (70% completion) for 1697 yards and 13 touchdowns to 5 interceptions this season. That's a QB rating of 100.26. The average quarterback the Jaguars have played this year goes for 23.57/33.57 for 242 yards, 1.86 touchdowns and .71 interceptions.

It's no accomplishment to tear up our defense through the air.

MarioPalmer
11-02-2009, 02:35 PM
he's garbo, end of story, next question

Saints-Tigers
11-02-2009, 02:46 PM
What if Vince ends the season with more wins than Mario gets sacks? Your head might implode.

MarioPalmer
11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
What if Vince ends the season with more wins than Mario gets sacks? Your head might implode.

Well considering Mario is hurt with a shoulder injury, and has already missed two games, so considering that Mario hasn't played a full game since the first game he won't get to double digit this year.

Oh, and by the way, players like Young don't pose a threat to my theory, he such garbage and such a lock to be garbage that he will without a doubt fall flat on his face and completely embarress himself. Thats a fact, just wait till they play a legit team and not a group of trash like the Jags who have absolutely no passion for the NFL.

Bengalsrocket
11-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Well considering Mario is hurt with a shoulder injury, and has already missed two games, so considering that Mario hasn't played a full game since the first game he won't get to double digit this year.

Oh, and by the way, players like Young don't pose a threat to my theory, he such garbage and such a lock to be garbage that he will without a doubt fall flat on his face and completely embarress himself. Thats a fact, just wait till they play a legit team and not a group of trash like the Jags who have absolutely no passion for the NFL.

Did someone take a dump in your cheerios this morning?

CC.SD
11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
It doesn't make any sense for a Houston Texans fan to be hating on Vince so ferociously...no regard for, y'know, hook em?

MarioPalmer
11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
It doesn't make any sense for a Houston Texans fan to be hating on Vince so ferociously...no regard for, y'know, hook em?

nope, I dont root for scrubs, players who make no significant impact are completely irrelevent to me, I could care less about scrub players, except in this situation when he was crowned greatest QB prospect ever to play the game of football, while mario was some worthless workout warrior that was dommed from day 1.

Maybe you shoudl check out the website VinceYoungorElse. It's a true site by which Texan fans threatened the franchise into drafting Young. Young is a failure, a major failure. Look at his pathetic attempt at an agent, and his 6 on his wonderlic, it happened folks, whether or not you like to admit it, the 6 happened, the NFL felt so bad for this dumbass that they let him do a redo, and he still failed. Then dummy takes off his second offseason to go back to school when instead he should hit the film room hard, then his lame ass comment of thinking about retiring after his rookie year. This guy is a disgrace, he throws like ****, can't hit the broad side of a barn, is epic dumb, can't disect an offense, has horrid mechanics, has no agility, and is one of the biggest frauds ever to be put on the NFL fans. But apparently he still has fans for whatever reason, here is a guy who was picked 3rd overall and givenm $50+ million dollar contract off of 1 game, before the Rose Bowl he was a 8-15 range QB, after the Champ game he was top 3 and even regarded as the best player in the draft..hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

VY dick riders.....get educated, the guy is a bum

11-02-2009, 04:09 PM
It's not like there are any VY dick riders even left... it's like you grab onto something and never let go. I think 90%+ of this forum would name Mario as the best player in the top 3 of that draft(Myself included btw so don't strawman me now). It's time to let go of your hatred.

soybean
11-02-2009, 04:13 PM
It's not like there are any VY dick riders even left... it's like you grab onto something and never let go. I think 90%+ of this forum would name Mario as the best player in the top 3 of that draft(Myself included btw so don't strawman me now). It's time to let go of your hatred.

Still a really weak top 3, considering Elvis Dumervil came 3 rounds and 125 picks later.

A Perfect Score
11-02-2009, 04:35 PM

Id still take VY:)

TitanHope
11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
nope, I dont root for scrubs, players who make no significant impact are completely irrelevent to me, I could care less about scrub players, except in this situation when he was crowned greatest QB prospect ever to play the game of football, while mario was some worthless workout warrior that was dommed from day 1.

Maybe you shoudl check out the website VinceYoungorElse. It's a true site by which Texan fans threatened the franchise into drafting Young. Young is a failure, a major failure. Look at his pathetic attempt at an agent, and his 6 on his wonderlic, it happened folks, whether or not you like to admit it, the 6 happened, the NFL felt so bad for this dumbass that they let him do a redo, and he still failed. Then dummy takes off his second offseason to go back to school when instead he should hit the film room hard, then his lame ass comment of thinking about retiring after his rookie year. This guy is a disgrace, he throws like ****, can't hit the broad side of a barn, is epic dumb, can't disect an offense, has horrid mechanics, has no agility, and is one of the biggest frauds ever to be put on the NFL fans. But apparently he still has fans for whatever reason, here is a guy who was picked 3rd overall and givenm $50+ million dollar contract off of 1 game, before the Rose Bowl he was a 8-15 range QB, after the Champ game he was top 3 and even regarded as the best player in the draft..hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

VY dick riders.....get educated, the guy is a bum

That abortion of a QB is 3-0 against your Texans with a 2.5/1-TD/TO ratio.

Tell me. How does it feel for your team to be schooled by a guy who "is a disgrace, he throws like ****, can't hit the broad side of a barn, is epic dumb, can't disect an offense, has horrid mechanics, has no agility, and is one of the biggest frauds ever"?

Oh, and by the way...

http://www.urbangrounds.com/images/Vince_Mario.jpg

:)

D-Unit
11-02-2009, 04:40 PM
People have to understand... Drafting Mario Williams is an accomplishment that equals a SB win for the Texans. That's all they got for their fans to be excited about. It's a story that will be passed down through generations of time.

The Unseen
11-02-2009, 04:46 PM
MarioPalmer's sentiments are dangerous, and what my line of thinking bordered on in the past. We all know Vince Young had overexcited lovers. We all know his faults. But please, chill the **** out.

CC.SD
11-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Still a really weak top 3, considering Elvis Dumervil came 3 rounds and 125 picks later.

There are guys who have had much better NFL careers than the top 3 up and down that draft.

AlexDown
11-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Maybe you shoudl check out the website VinceYoungorElse. It's a true site by which Texan fans threatened the franchise into drafting Young.

I remember that site! They had quite a convincing song...

ADh52Uf2EwE

Iamcanadian
11-02-2009, 05:06 PM

Where have you been? He's started 30 games and won 19 of them, that's a 63% winning ratio. That averages out to 10 wins a season which is hardly garbage by any standards. I guess your claiming he only played 63% of his games against garbage teams??? Your theory has no merit at this time, none at all. Yes, he may fail in the future but nobody can say with any certainty that this is a FACT. It is only an assumption based on ZERO FACTS. Come back when you have some creditable evidence to support your theory.

PoopSandwich
11-02-2009, 05:26 PM
That abortion of a QB is 3-0 against your Texans with a 2.5/1-TD/TO ratio.

Tell me. How does it feel for your team to be schooled by a guy who "is a disgrace, he throws like ****, can't hit the broad side of a barn, is epic dumb, can't disect an offense, has horrid mechanics, has no agility, and is one of the biggest frauds ever"?

Oh, and by the way...

http://www.urbangrounds.com/images/Vince_Mario.jpg

:)

You are 1-6, is it really time to start talking trash after your first win of the year?

A Perfect Score
11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
You are 1-6, is it really time to start talking trash after your first win of the year?

Says the Browns fan. How bout that Derek Anderson?

11-02-2009, 05:28 PM
There are guys who have had much better NFL careers than the top 3 up and down that draft.

Yeah, Mario is definitely better than the top 5 of that draft, but that was such a great draft, there are a lot of guys in later rounds who are as good if not better.

Monomach
11-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Where have you been? He's started 30 games and won 19 of them, that's a 63% winning ratio. That averages out to 10 wins a season which is hardly garbage by any standards. I guess your claiming he only played 63% of his games against garbage teams??? Your theory has no merit at this time, none at all. Yes, he may fail in the future but nobody can say with any certainty that this is a FACT. It is only an assumption based on ZERO FACTS. Come back when you have some creditable evidence to support your theory.
Not saying that Vince has proven himself to be "garbage" yet, but...

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6777/zombiesc.jpg

GAYMESSSSS!

JUSSSS
WINSSS
GAYMESSSSSSSSSSSSS

(fun fact: Sexy Rexy Grossman has a 20-8 starting record if you think it means something)

TitanHope
11-02-2009, 06:20 PM

To MarioPalmer, yes. He doesn't deserve anything remotely close to an intelligent answer. You could say I'm choosing to communicate with him in his own language. :)

I'm in good terms with several other Texans fans on here (except maybe Comahan), and I wouldn't make a post like that in response to anyone of them. The quality of a person's post dictates the quality of response they should be given.

Shiver
11-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Not saying that Vince has proven himself to be "garbage" yet, but...

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6777/zombiesc.jpg

GAYMESSSSS!

JUSSSS
WINSSS
GAYMESSSSSSSSSSSSS

(fun fact: Sexy Rexy Grossman has a 20-8 starting record if you think it means something)

One of the best posts, ever.

aNYtitan
11-02-2009, 07:15 PM
You know the most telling statistic from VY's game that I loved yesterday...no turnovers.

Brothgar
11-02-2009, 07:32 PM
You know the most telling statistic from VY's game that I loved yesterday...no turnovers.

Turnovers has been the biggest problem for the Titans this season dead last in the league at a staggering -10 IIRC.

aNYtitan
11-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Turnovers has been the biggest problem for the Titans this season dead last in the league at a staggering -10 IIRC.

Yup, Collins has been forced to play catch up all season, and we haven't been able to rely on our running game in those games, so more pass attempts mean much higher probability of throwing an INT.