PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Hines
10-29-2009, 04:01 PM
I need help with selecting a class for next year. No, not next semester, but for next year. To get into my school that I am planning on transfering to, we need to take Microeconomics and/or Macroeconomics. If I have to do one or the other, which one does everyone suggest taking? What does each cover? I can say I hated Economics, so is this any easier or harder than the basic Economics?

The major I am looking to get into is Sports Management. Any help would be appreciated.

Jvig43
10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Macro Macro Macro. studies the broader ideas. Haha and thats funny I was originally going into sports management. Normally they make you take both.

slightlyaraiderfan
10-29-2009, 04:19 PM
look at the "descriptions"

jayceheathman
10-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Personally, I like Micro better but that is just me.

SuperKevin
10-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Enjoy getting a job as a UPS driver or something equally as disappointing that has nothing to do with sports....or management

7-11
10-29-2009, 06:44 PM
I preferred micro, but i think that's just because i did it first...

TitleTown088
10-29-2009, 06:46 PM
sXh4EuJa2TU

Better.

djp
10-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I need help with selecting a class for next year. No, not next semester, but for next year. To get into my school that I am planning on transfering to, we need to take Microeconomics and/or Macroeconomics. If I have to do one or the other, which one does everyone suggest taking? What does each cover? I can say I hated Economics, so is this any easier or harder than the basic Economics?

The major I am looking to get into is Sports Management. Any help would be appreciated.

I hope you plan on going to law school if you're doing Sports Management.

I took both and Micro was much easier in my opinion.

fischbowl
10-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Enjoy getting a job as a UPS driver or something equally as disappointing that has nothing to do with sports....or management

Quoted for truth. As someone who works in sports, sports management is an absolutely worthless career.

Frankly, there's no reason why you shouldn't take both (or why your school doesn't require both). Both shouldn't be much harder than your average college gen ed class.

bantx
10-29-2009, 07:49 PM
I am in macro economics right now, and I've never been more confused in that class ever, i have an 86 in the class cause Ive been doing well on the test, but doing horrible on the homeworks.

scottyboy
10-29-2009, 07:57 PM
i'm in sports management and taking micro this semester and macro next.

CashmoneyDrew
10-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Take Macro. That's what I took. I barely paid attention and made a B.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-29-2009, 08:03 PM
I enjoyed micro more than macro, but it really depends on your professor.

Rob S
10-29-2009, 08:14 PM
I am Sport Management, but I am indeed going to grad school. Only way to go.

scottyboy
10-29-2009, 08:17 PM
I am Sport Management, but I am indeed going to grad school. Only way to go.

i don't plan on going to grad school. i plan on using my connections to land a sweet internship and within 3-6 years take over for Jerry Reese.

Rob S
10-29-2009, 08:26 PM
i don't plan on going to grad school. i plan on using my connections to land a sweet internship and within 3-6 years take over for Jerry Reese.

haha......unless you have connections law or business school is the way to go. I probably wont even go into sports. International Business is what I really want to do so I am going to get my MBA in IB in Rome. SPM was a good excuse to mess around and have fun for 4 years tho and build a beastly GPA.

GB12
10-29-2009, 08:43 PM
http://memegenerator.net/Instances/221/Advice-Dog-MAJOR-IN-SPORTS-MANAGEMENT-FAIL-AT-LIFE.jpg

MetSox17
10-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Macro is the broad study. Take that.

haha......unless you have connections law or business school is the way to go. I probably wont even go into sports. International Business is what I really want to do so I am going to get my MBA in IB in Rome. SPM was a good excuse to mess around and have fun for 4 years tho and build a beastly GPA.

Do Finance or Economics. International Business will get you no where.

Wootylicous
10-29-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm in law school and I must say it is so great. I highly recommand it if you can do it.

Jvig43
10-29-2009, 09:01 PM
I just declared for law, I'm pretty pumped about it.

themaninblack
10-29-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm probably going to be going to law school too.

Take Macro. I've done both and Macro was much easier.

PalmerToCJ
10-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Took Macro first with an awful professor, was rough at first but kinda figured it out at the end. Pulled a low B.

Took Micro second with another awful professor, went to class half the time and didn't study... Pulled an A. Granted, it help that I already had taken Macro.

Macro is a little more theory in my eyes, I liked Micro because it was more specific.

The Unseen
10-29-2009, 10:51 PM
I thought I'd like Macro because of the broadness, but I ended up getting pretty bored of it. I've heard both bad and good things about Micro. I've been told it was boring and tedious, but I know an Econ major who likes Micro a lot better and taking it in high school made him interested in the subject.

wogitalia
10-30-2009, 01:17 AM
I found Micro to be much easier at every level that I studied it.

Neither is exactly riveting stuff so that is probably the main reason to pick either especially given you hope to transfer and good grades will never hurt that.

Sports Management is that degree that sounds like it will be awesome but basically has no real world application, be careful with that one.

The Unseen
10-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Aren't alot of people in sports management positions either 1) former players and coaches or 2) from law school anyways?

JF4
10-30-2009, 11:29 AM
I thought Micro was slightly easier. I'd take that

kalbears13
10-30-2009, 04:23 PM
I hear micro is easier. I took AP Macro my senior year in HS first semester but the AP test is in May so I forgot everything and it was the only AP test I didn't pass. I then took Macro my first year in college and got over a 100% so I would pick whatever you did in your first economics class if you're going for the grade.

Rosebud
10-30-2009, 09:45 PM
If you have any common sense economics should be really easy be it macro or micro.