PDA

View Full Version : Brian Hartline

JoeJoeBrown
10-29-2009, 09:57 PM
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Brian_Hartline/606823

So it appears that Hartline is joining the first team. Congrats to him. I remember he was called a reach in the 4th round so I took a look:

=====================
The Dolphins reached once again in round four when they chose Ohio St. WR Brian Hartline, who graded out as more of a seventh round pick on most teams boards. Hartline surprised many when he opted to enter the draft after a disappointing junior season but that drop in production was due in large part to a run-first true freshman quarterback (Terrell Pryor) taking over the starting job. Hartline’s physical tools are relatively average across the board and his upside is limited but his intangibles give him a shot to make it as a backup and special teamer.
=====================

Amazing what a guy who has limited skills can do as compared to someone like Ginn who is super gifted. Some people are born to play football.

As an aside, hopefully for Miami Ginn can figure out how to hold on to the ball. He would be pretty good if he could catch :)

BlindSite
10-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Bess imo has the highest upside on the Dolphins Roster I'm a huge fan of his, excellent after the catch, like a poor man's wes welker, another full season, camp etc and we'll see him improve into a real play maker by next year imo.,

Brent
10-29-2009, 10:23 PM
well, if you do the little things right, you will overcome a lot of physical obstacles. seemed like he was doing really well in their preseason games.

Giantsfan1080
10-29-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm really never like this but does this really deserve a thread in the NFL thread forum?

CC.SD
10-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Let's make it a Bess thread, he is much more interesting.

wogitalia
10-30-2009, 01:35 AM
I still remember the connection that Brennan and Bess had at Hawaii, it's funny that Colt got all the attention but Bess looks like being the better pro.

Shahin
10-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Bess imo has the highest upside on the Dolphins Roster I'm a huge fan of his, excellent after the catch, like a poor man's wes welker, another full season, camp etc and we'll see him improve into a real play maker by next year imo.,

i remember watching him at the SJSU Hawaii game and walking out really impressed.