bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:11 PM
****** Knicks.

anyway, discuss how much we suck.

LTgiants
10-30-2009, 04:14 PM
****** Knicks.

anyway, discuss how much we suck.

Wow great opening to a thread BBD. we dont suck as much we did last yr so off to 2010 away.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:18 PM
its just so frustrating. at least Galo scored some points in our opener. My boy Wilson Chandler is looking good too.

But jeez, no 1st round draft pick. No real Center to speak of. We have too many small forwards. no point guard, no real shooting guard, we're a hot mess.

We need to trade a forward while we can.

Id package a forward and Nate Washington for a legit defensive Center.

Giantsfan1080
10-30-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm thinking Wade and Bosh come in next year and no LeBron.

LTgiants
10-30-2009, 04:22 PM
its just so frustrating. at least Galo scored some points in our opener. My boy Wilson Chandler is looking good too.

But jeez, no 1st round draft pick. No real Center to speak of. We have too many small forwards. no point guard, no real shooting guard, we're a hot mess.

We need to trade a forward while we can.

Id package a forward and Nate Washington for a legit defensive Center.

Wilson Chandler didn't play good in the 1st game at all so dont know why your happy about his performance.

we have no 1st thank 2 Isiah but hopefully at worst you can buy a pick from a contender who usually sell their picks

Nate Washington? lol idk he left the titans for the Knicks no seriously what center are you going to trade for and expect this other team to take Nate and a extra.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Did I say Nate Washington? lol.

Id love Wade, but can we afford Wade and Bosh? I thought they made some changes to the salary cap and we probably will only be able to afford 1 guy?

Id honestly rather have Amare than Bosh. Bosh is too soft for my liking.

And Chandler had 21 points? How was he awful?

My concerns with Amare are his health and his defense though. But I think you can teach him defense. He has toughness to him. His health scares me though. He was such a monster before that microfracture surgery. I think his game has dipped lately bc he's become unmotivated in Phoenix.

I think the bright lights of NY and coming back to D'Antoni would light a fire under him.

Giantsfan1080
10-30-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty sure they can still afford 2 max contracts.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Well hot damn.

I guess I'll start paying attention next year and just skip this year then. No need for any extra aggravation that this team would cost me.

I said after we traded Ewing (<///3), that I wouldn't get excited about the Knicks until I feel we put together a legit team that could compete for a championship.

That was 10 years ago :(

I still can't believe we traded Ewing. I still haven't forgiven the Knicks for that one.

LTgiants
10-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Did I say Nate Washington? lol.

Id love Wade, but can we afford Wade and Bosh? I thought they made some changes to the salary cap and we probably will only be able to afford 1 guy?

Id honestly rather have Amare than Bosh. Bosh is too soft for my liking.

And Chandler had 21 points? How was he awful?

My concerns with Amare are his health and his defense though. But I think you can teach him defense. He has toughness to him. His health scares me though. He was such a monster before that microfracture surgery. I think his game has dipped lately bc he's become unmotivated in Phoenix.

I think the bright lights of NY and coming back to D'Antoni would light a fire under him.

ya u said Nate Washington

Wilson Chandler shot the ball horribly he didn't make many jump shots yet he took a lot. Look at his shot chart and look at all the missed shots jumpers he took. Most of his points were around the paint except for one shot.

We can only afford 1 guy if we cant get rid of Curry and Jeffries. I would easily take Bosh over Amare. Mike had him in phoenix and couldn't teach him defense but now in NY he is going to teach him defense? come on. Bosh is tougher then Amare yet you want Amare over him. Bosh at least makes a effort on defense unlike Amare.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:40 PM
ya u said Nate Washington

Wilson Chandler shot the ball horribly he didn't make many jump shots yet he took a lot. Look at his shot chart look all the missed shots jumpers he took most of his points were around the paint except for one shot.

We can only afford 1 guy if we cant get rid of Curry and Jeffries. I would easily take Bosh over Amare. Mike had him in phoenix and couldn't teach him defense but now in NY he is going to teach him defense? come on. Bosh is tougher then Amare yet you want Amare over him. Bosh at least makes a effort on defense unlike Amare.

I'm ok with it. We have no jump shooters outside of Gallo, who should be banging in the paint anyway, so I'm ok with him taking jump shots. Somebody's gotta do it.

I don't want Gallo standing outside like Dirk Nowitzki's soft ass and shooting jumpshots, I want him in the paint banging bodies. He has to learn some toughness.

I'm not expecting D'Antoni to be our head coach for more than 2 more years. Signing Amare though would be a long term decision. Amare sucks at defense but can easily learn how to play it. He has the body for it, its just effort, that needs to be taught to him. He'll learn under the right guidance. He's tougher than Bosh. He shows it on the offensive side with how he attacks the hoop. He just needs someone to teach him how to be aggressive on the defensive side as well. Its all mental with him, a good defensive coach with credibility could mold him into a defender.

Bosh is not a banger in the paint. He tries, but he's too skinny. Shaq is right, he's RuPaul.

I don't want that on our team. I don't want to see us become a finesse team, although it looks like thats what we're becoming.

LTgiants
10-30-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm ok with it. We have no jump shooters outside of Gallo, who should be banging in the paint anyway, so I'm ok with him taking jump shots. Somebody's gotta do it.

I don't want Gallo standing outside like Dirk Nowitzki's soft ass and shooting jumpshots, I want him in the paint banging bodies. He has to learn some toughness.

I'm not expecting D'Antoni to be our head coach for more than 2 more years. Signing Amare though would be a long term decision. Amare sucks at defense but can easily learn how to play it. He has the body for it, its just effort, that needs to be taught to him. He'll learn under the right guidance. He's tougher than Bosh. He shows it on the offensive side with how he attacks the hoop. He just needs someone to teach him how to be aggressive on the defensive side as well. Its all mental with him, a good defensive coach with credibility could mold him into a defender.

Bosh is not a banger in the paint. He tries, but he's too skinny. Shaq is right, he's RuPaul.

I don't want that on our team. I don't want to see us become a finesse team, although it looks like thats what we're becoming.

Wilson Chandler should not be taking more jump shots then anyone on this team except for Jared Jeffries that's literally about it.

Gallo should be shooting jump shots till the d was to worry about it him making to many and then drive it in the paint he is 20-21 yrs old he is not going to come and banging in the paint like he is Dejuan Blair that is not gallo's game I hope he does develop a inside game like Dirk(who is far from a *****) has and have Gallo play the 4 so Wilson can play the 3.

D'antoni is going to be the head coach until he says he wants out. Walsh is not going to fire him even if the 2010 plan doesn't work. Amare has been in the league longer then bosh yet he hasn't learned it under our coach so know all of a sudden he is going to learn defense why cause he is being coached in a different state? I am sorry but give me Bosh any day over Amare.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 04:57 PM
We can argue Bosh vs Amare all day and just never agree on it. I always like Stoudemire better. I just feel he's a better player.

Just a difference of opinion. Never was a big fan of Bosh bc I don't like skinny power fowards.

Dirk is a *****. Come on. Always was. Out of all the big men in the NBA, I probably hate Dirk Nowitzki the most.

Im old school in my basketball philosophies, I always felt big men should be post players who are tough. Let the Guards shoot and penetrate. Big men should rebound, block shots, and post up, and have an inside game.

Dirk Nowitzki is a 7 foot shooting guard, and he plays like it too. And is a mental midget. Id never want him on the Knicks. I can't stand his game, or anyone who plays like him. Thats why Im not a Gallo fan, and probably never will be.

He'll never have a ring. (Dirk)

LTgiants
10-30-2009, 05:05 PM
We can argue Bosh vs Amare all day and just never agree on it. I always like Stoudemire better. I just feel he's a better player.

Just a difference of opinion. Never was a big fan of Bosh bc I don't like skinny power fowards.

Dirk is a *****. Come on. Always was. Out of all the big men in the NBA, I probably hate Dirk Nowitzki the most.

Im old school in my basketball philosophies, I always felt big men should be post players who are tough. Let the Guards shoot and penetrate. Big men should rebound, block shots, and post up, and have an inside game.

Dirk Nowitzki is a 7 foot shooting guard, and he plays like it too. And is a mental midget. Id never want him on the Knicks. I can't stand his game, or anyone who plays like him. Thats why Im not a Gallo fan, and probably never will be.

He'll never have a ring. (Dirk)

I am sorry you havent watched much of recent dirk cause he actually is in the paint a lot. I could name much softer players then dirk but im on the run so I cant go through the whole list.

Amare aint that much bigger then bosh yet suffers from the same problems you give bosh flack for.

Gallo isn't the same as dirk similar yes but not the same at all.

I agree I like the 90's Knicks style of using defense to create offense have the bigs rebound and try to post up all game if they don't have it throw it to the guards for the j I understand where your coming from. This isn't the same its about speed and moving the ball more then power and force. Ideally this system would be run like the showtime Lakers good on defense explosive on offense. Unlike the old Knicks which were more about terrorizing defense and points in the paint.

bigbluedefense
10-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah, me personally, I just don't believe in the run and gun type of basketball. Never have.

I've always been a defense/half court offense guy.

I know the league has changed since the 90s, you can't handcheck anymore and all of that, but 1 thing that will always remain true in basketball is defense wins in the playoffs.

You don't need to be dynamic on offense. Thats what your superstars are for. You just need 2 scorers on offense, (ideally 1 inside guy and 1 outside guy), and everybody else just needs to be role players who play hardnosed defense, can rebound, and hit a decent jump shot.

Thats it. I don't like the direction we're heading in. The spread and penetrate style. It doesn't win championships.

Eh, I don't know. I'm just a frustrated fan.

The only players I like on our team are Wilson Chandler and David Lee. I feel like they can at least be decent role players who can thrive around some stars.

Everyone else can go. Al Harrington is a solid player too, I don't mind him. Let's see what our draft pick does, id love for him to be a scrappy dog in the paint.

LTgiants
10-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah, me personally, I just don't believe in the run and gun type of basketball. Never have.

I've always been a defense/half court offense guy.

I know the league has changed since the 90s, you can't handcheck anymore and all of that, but 1 thing that will always remain true in basketball is defense wins in the playoffs.

You don't need to be dynamic on offense. Thats what your superstars are for. You just need 2 scorers on offense, (ideally 1 inside guy and 1 outside guy), and everybody else just needs to be role players who play hardnosed defense, can rebound, and hit a decent jump shot.

Thats it. I don't like the direction we're heading in. The spread and penetrate style. It doesn't win championships.

Eh, I don't know. I'm just a frustrated fan.

The only players I like on our team are Wilson Chandler and David Lee. I feel like they can at least be decent role players who can thrive around some stars.

Everyone else can go. Al Harrington is a solid player too, I don't mind him. Let's see what our draft pick does, id love for him to be a scrappy dog in the paint.

I have no problem with the run gun but the only way run and gun really works is if you have guys who play defense and who can play offense. Which is why I was really happy we drafted a guy like Toney Douglas this year who could possibly be our pg of the future if not then our sixth man of the future.

You don't have to be a dynamic offense but it helps make up if you don't have a good enough defense. Unfortunately we are not 100% good on either side of the ball yet.

Al Harrington has stepped up to be a leader so far this season and has been playing well but we cant afford to pay him any big money he has to be willing to sacrifice possible fa money if he wants to stay.

Imo I don't know how sold Walsh is on giving Lee or Nate a long term deal I think if he can trade them( If he can idk) by the deadline and get something he likes I wouldn't be surprised if both are gone.

Jordan Hill is a project he is still learning he is nowhere near making a big contribution to this team right now maybe towards the end of the season he might show a flash or two.

Rosebud
10-31-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm hoping that Wilson progresses during the season, he couldn't work on his game too much in the offseason due to surgery and you can see he's still shooting too many 3s this season.

Gallo's reminded me why I was so high on him and our O should be running through him by the Allstar break.

Darko has impressed me, I've never been a big fan of his and laughed hysterically when Detroit picked him over Melo, I mean the dude was a bench warmer who had no clue how to use his skills on the court and got drafted 2nd due to workouts, but he's been playing good D and making smart decisions.

NoSharrington is still a bum and the team overall isn't very good but I like the 4 young guys we still have on their rookie contracts, can't wait to see what Hill becomes because he could be an ideal center for Mike D with his athleticism, rebounding, and offensive skills, once he polishes them.

Oh and toney Douglas should be our 4th quarter PG fairly soon because Duhon is just sort of there.

Rosebud
10-31-2009, 12:30 PM
As for cap space at worst we'll have room for a max + 7 mil, there's a good chance that becomes a max + 9mil and if jeffries gets dealt for an expiring, which isn't too unreasonable, that could be enough for 2 maxes, but what I'm hoping for is either Lebron, Mike Miller, Camby and nate or lebron, rondo and camby. If Wade leaves Miami it's to go home to chicago, I don't want amare on a long term deal and think toronto will do well enough to secure Bosh, so IMO Lebron is the most likely max to change teams and the most likely to join us as well, largely because Cleveland is so god awful around him and because they no longer have really good flexibility going forward.

Rosebud
11-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Since I know how much you love gallo BBD I wanted to post that he's averaging 22.7 points on only 15.6 shots a game. That on top of his unselfish play, solid D and good effort on the boards, although he's still too thin to make an impact there. Makes me ecstatic about this pick.

gpngc
11-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Bosh will be a Knick. Francessa has stated it and it makes perfect sense. The question is will that be enough to attract Joe Johnson, Wade, or LeBron.

We have a lot flexibility with Lee and Robinson. We could let them walk, keep them, or trade them this season.

I love Lee, but his defense has gotten worse as his star has risen. Plus, Hill is waiting in the wings.

Sucks that we don't have a first round pick and that we have so much money tied up in Jeffries and Curry.

Hopefully it will be a fun year and we'll see some improvement and flashes from the young guys. Otherwise, let's try and surprise the league and sneak into the playoffs. 0-3 is a great start.....

Rosebud
11-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Bosh will be a Knick. Francessa has stated it and it makes perfect sense. The question is will that be enough to attract Joe Johnson, Wade, or LeBron.

We have a lot flexibility with Lee and Robinson. We could let them walk, keep them, or trade them this season.

I love Lee, but his defense has gotten worse as his star has risen. Plus, Hill is waiting in the wings.

Sucks that we don't have a first round pick and that we have so much money tied up in Jeffries and Curry.

Hopefully it will be a fun year and we'll see some improvement and flashes from the young guys. Otherwise, let's try and surprise the league and sneak into the playoffs. 0-3 is a great start.....

Honestly I'd rather not bring in bosh unless we absolutely have to to draw lebron or wade as well. If we don't need to add Bosh I think we'd be a better team if we brought back camby, brought in mike miller and signed a veteran point guard to share that job with douglas. Let Lee and Nate walk and wait until 2011 when curry expires to make another big addition.

would give us a season of:
Camby/Hill/Curry
Gallo/Chandler
Chandler/Mike Miller
Lebron/Mike Miller
Vet/Douglas

Which could be a true contending team with some progress from Chandler and Hill with another 11 mil in cap space opening up in 2011.

bigbluedefense
11-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Gallo is scoring points.

I just don't like perimeter big men. We'll see. He's doing better than I thought he'd do, I'll give him that.

I wanted Ricky Rubio so bad this draft. He'd actually pair up with Gallo very nicely, and Id be more open to our wide open style if we had a PG like Ricky Rubio.

LTgiants
11-02-2009, 09:06 PM
First Win WOOOOOOOO!!!! 1-3

Rosebud
11-03-2009, 02:28 AM
First Win WOOOOOOOO!!!! 1-3

With Gallo showing how he can make a big impact even on nights where his shot is off.

bigbluedefense
07-06-2010, 12:02 PM
I like the signing of Stoudemire. I really like our options heading forward.

Getting Lebron is obviously the dream, but realistically, I don't see him coming. If we do get Lebron, I'd love for us to pair Stoudemire and Lebron together, and package a sign and trade for Chris Paul and sign him to an extension next year. We can afford another max contract player next year, so pairing those 3 together has championship potential.

If we don't get Lebron, I think we should get Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul next year. Save our money and just get Stoudemire this year. Melo wants to come to the Knicks bad. His wife lives here, he went to Syracuse, he loves NY, he has every reason to come here.

So I'm hoping we either have a combo of Lebron/Stoudemire/Paul in the future, or Melo/Stoudemire/Paul in the future. Either way, i think its gonna be exciting times to be a Knicks fan again. I can't wait.

We suffered long enough.

Damix
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Looks like Melo will be accepting the Nuggets extension offer

OSUGiants17
07-06-2010, 08:33 PM
I like the signing of Stoudemire. I really like our options heading forward.

Getting Lebron is obviously the dream, but realistically, I don't see him coming. If we do get Lebron, I'd love for us to pair Stoudemire and Lebron together, and package a sign and trade for Chris Paul and sign him to an extension next year. We can afford another max contract player next year, so pairing those 3 together has championship potential.

If we don't get Lebron, I think we should get Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul next year. Save our money and just get Stoudemire this year. Melo wants to come to the Knicks bad. His wife lives here, he went to Syracuse, he loves NY, he has every reason to come here.

So I'm hoping we either have a combo of Lebron/Stoudemire/Paul in the future, or Melo/Stoudemire/Paul in the future. Either way, i think its gonna be exciting times to be a Knicks fan again. I can't wait.

We suffered long enough.

If the Knicks get CP3, I will cream my pants so hard. He is the only reason I watch the NBA, my favorite player, met him once and he is the man. If they can get CP3, I will go to every game at MSG

bigbluedefense
07-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Looks like Lebron is choosing Cleveland or Miami. I'm a sad panda.

Now we gotta hope we land Melo and CP3 next year. We gotta fight their big 3 with our own big 3 if we can assemble it.

BaLLiN
07-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Now their saying Miami definitely, i just don't see it. I can't see him in that jersey, i can't see him being in a city that has Wade as their #1, face of the franchise. I could've seen chicago, or the knicks, but not the heat.

BaLLiN
07-08-2010, 09:24 PM
************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************
we're screwed

LTgiants
07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
We are not screwed at all. Obv we would be in a better situation with Lebron here but we are not screwed.

BaLLiN
07-08-2010, 09:31 PM
We are not screwed at all. Obv we would be in a better situation with Lebron here but we are not screwed.

well, we have some pieces but honestly we dont have that one guy who just is a consistent playmaker.

I like lee, hopefully we get him back now. Don't like Stoudemire too much, he could be good or he could be a premadonna. Curry is alright, Gallinari had a great season but hes really stiff. I kinda miss Robinson just because he was fun to watch.

LTgiants
07-08-2010, 09:40 PM
well, we have some pieces but honestly we dont have that one guy who just is a consistent playmaker.

I like lee, hopefully we get him back now. Don't like Stoudemire too much, he could be good or he could be a premadonna. Curry is alright, Gallinari had a great season but hes really stiff. I kinda miss Robinson just because he was fun to watch.

We traded Lee for Anthony Randolph, Kelenna Azubuike, and Ronnie Turiaf

Curry is a huge trade piece at the deadline or can be let expire for making a run at Melo.

I got faith in Gallo. I think he is going to be a star and have a great season for us next yr.

I don't agree with your Stat opinion I don't think he is going to be a problem player for us at all.

bigbluedefense
07-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Now all we can do is hope for Melo and CP3 next year. I think we have a pretty decent chance of landing CP3.

I know Melo wants to play in NY bad, but it's gonna be awfully hard to convince him to pass on that 65 million dollar contract extension.

If we get Melo and CP3, we have hope of taking on Miami's big 3. If not, then just forget about watching bball for the next 5 years.

bigbluedefense
10-06-2010, 12:16 PM
GAMETIME in an hour!!

Can't wait to see Amare.

bigbluedefense
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Gallinari ****** sucks.

Get that bum off my team.

D-Unit
10-06-2010, 03:13 PM
GAMETIME in an hour!!

Can't wait to see Amare.
You can see as much as you want to see here!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Photo-Amar-e-Stoudemire-poses-nude-for-ESPN;_ylt=Ao7LOG6E1QsrL1ILG0pzkDO8vLYF?urn=nba-274711

Wootylicous
10-22-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm gonna be at the game time tonight! Can't wait to see Amare so pumped!

bigbluedefense
10-27-2010, 07:32 PM
We're barely beating Toronto but at least I see some things I like.

Amare and Felton look good. I like Chandler providing a spark off the bench. We need to bench the Russian, he blows.

And get rid of Gallinari. I can't stand him. GET THAT BUM. OFF MY TEAM.

I have no idea what you guys see in him. He sucks so bad. Get him outta here.

10-27-2010, 07:38 PM

I would trade Bargnani for him, straight up. Hell ..you want Amir Johnson and his contract?

bigbluedefense
10-27-2010, 07:41 PM
I would trade Bargnani for him, straight up. Hell ..you want Amir Johnson and his contract?

Na, we're going to trick a team into thinking Gallo is good and "has potential" so we can grab Carmelo Anthony.

Rosebud
10-27-2010, 08:11 PM
What I see in Gallo is the near 20 pt/g guy who drew 7+ FT/g down the stretch last year when we let him take the ball and use his craftiness, length, shot and intelligence to create. A guy who went shot for shot with Melo and became one of our best defenders and the head of our zone. If we had him playing like that alongside Felton/Amare we'd be a really good team.

Forenci
10-28-2010, 11:55 AM
We're barely beating Toronto but at least I see some things I like.

Amare and Felton look good. I like Chandler providing a spark off the bench. We need to bench the Russian, he blows.

Gallo is good. You will just have to accept it, BBD. (Unless he gets traded)

Still, a solid opening night. Too many turnovers and guys were missing shots they normally hit, but that is the norm for the first week or two.

Amar'e had waaaay too many turnovers, but as mentioned it's not too big of deal. Plus also he posterized a couple of players. He's going to be fun to watch this year.

bigbluedefense
10-28-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't want us trading Chandler. I much rather keep Chandler than Gallo.

Gallo can't D up, he's an overrated shooter, and he gives us nothing in the post.

I rather go small and have Chandler in there.

PG: Felton
SG: Fields
SF: Chandler
PF: Stoudemire
C: Turiaf

That should be our lineup.

gpngc
10-28-2010, 04:00 PM
I love when the idea of this lineup for defensive purposes:

Felton
Douglas
Chandler
Amare
Mozgov

A road win is great, but Toronto is horrendous...

Still, 1-0 feels good.

bigbluedefense
10-29-2010, 07:07 AM
Carmelo SO wants to be a Knick.

I can taste him guys. I can ****** taste him.

Melo and Amare. It's time to get excited about Knick basketball again.

Giantsfan1080
10-29-2010, 07:45 AM
I'm not a huge NBA fan but if the Knicks got Carmelo I'd certainly watch them a lot more than I do now. I'm definitely a bandwagoner when it comes to the Knicks doing well. I only have so much fandom in me for all my other teams.

Rosebud
10-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Carmelo SO wants to be a Knick.

I can taste him guys. I can ****** taste him.

Melo and Amare. It's time to get excited about Knick basketball again.

Yeah Melo will be sweet. I really hope he waits it out for FA and doesn't accept a trade to some other team. Melo, Amare and Gallo with a standing offer of AR, Felton and whichever first round picks we can trade to New Orleans for CP3 would give us a chance to actually beat the Heat.

gpngc
10-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Every day that passes makes us one step closer to getting Melo.

We need to root for Derrick Favors to struggle.

Tonight @ BOS will be a great test. They don't look like they've lost a step at all so I'm expecting a W but keeping it close would be encouraging.

Felton - Rondo is the matchup I'm most interested in.

Forenci
11-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I demand an apology by BBD to Danilo Gallinari! He was fantastic against the Bulls tonight. How can you not love him? Solid defender, solid passer, good scorer, and tries hard every night. He and Toney Douglas both dominated.

I mentioned it in the NBA thread but I LOVE our bench. Douglas, Chandler, Turiaf, and when Randolph gets healthier and Azubuike plays we should be really set for the bench. He's starting now, but even Fields looks like a good defender and an impressive athlete. We just need to get another star and we could be a really good team.

LTgiants
11-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Gallo can score 50 and I doubt bbd would compliment him

bigbluedefense
11-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Oh please. Did we forget how he sucked ass the 2 games before that? I want to see him do that for more than just a game here and there.

I do agree that I like our bench though. I want Turiaf starting, Chandler is great energy off the bench, Douglas is solid. I don't like Fields all that much, he shouldn't start.

We need a dog inside in the worst way though. We need a shot blocker/rebounder so bad.

I love Amare, but good God does he suck on defense. Part of me is worried that with him and Melo, our front court will be one of the softest in the league.

You almost can't have those 2 plaing inside together. It's a disaster on the defensive end. I wish we could trade Amare and Felton for Paul and a big body rebounder. Then trade Gallo and whatever else for Anthony, but I know that's not happening.

Forenci
11-05-2010, 03:54 PM
He did suck, but a lot of players (particularly shooters) get off to poor starts. Gallinari is probably our best defender too, which is half depressing. I actually felt like Amar'e wasn't too bad defensively. He's not a shot blocker or anything, but he's improved from how bad he used to be with the Suns.

I have to say, Mosgov actually didn't look terrible last night either. He's been awful the first few games, but he can run the floor well for a 7'1 guy and has long reach. If he can develop defensively for us that'd be a huge plus. I know the coaching staff is pretty high on him.

Fields isn't that great as you mentioned, but he's athletic and can play defense.

bigbluedefense
11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I think we'll get a better idea of this team after about 20 games. They're still gelling and creating an identity.

I do like that the defensive intensity is picking up. We're tall too, which is a breath of fresh air.

We need a dog in the front court in the worst worst way. There's gotta be someone out there we can trade for.

bigbluedefense
11-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Too many jump shots from this team. I don't like how we take so many jump shots.

I love our length. We may not be a championship team, but this is definitely a playoff team. Our length is going to give opponents trouble. We have too many SFs though, we need to move one for a SG.

Amare is starting to tick me off too. Be explosive. Dunk it. Drive to the hoop. Have a clue on defense. Get your head out of your ass.

bigbluedefense
11-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Oh and Randolph is playing like ass cheeks. I'm willing to give him time though, he's so young, he needs more reps.

But he has to chill with his recklessness.

bigbluedefense
11-06-2010, 07:36 AM
I really really really like the length we have on our team right now. And I love our tenacity on defense.

Part of me wants Chris Paul more than Carmelo Anthony. We have too many SFs as is. Felton + Chandler + a 1st for Chris Paul?

Yes?

We need a stud in the backcourt.

Forenci
11-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I really really really like the length we have on our team right now. And I love our tenacity on defense.

Part of me wants Chris Paul more than Carmelo Anthony. We have too many SFs as is. Felton + Chandler + a 1st for Chris Paul?

Yes?

We need a stud in the backcourt.

Doubt that has much of a benefit to New Orleans, especially since we have very few first round picks in the near future.

I'm with you though about CP3. He's one of my favorites in the league by far. Could you imagine CP3 and Amar'e running the pick and roll? They would be unstoppable.

Also, I think Amar'e will get it going soon. Once and Felton get their timing down in the pick and roll it will be impossible to stop Amar'e. They started to get a feel for it last night too.

bigbluedefense
11-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Doubt that has much of a benefit to New Orleans, especially since we have very few first round picks in the near future.

I'm with you though about CP3. He's one of my favorites in the league by far. Could you imagine CP3 and Amar'e running the pick and roll? They would be unstoppable.

Also, I think Amar'e will get it going soon. Once and Felton get their timing down in the pick and roll it will be impossible to stop Amar'e. They started to get a feel for it last night too.

I personally feel that CP3 is the best PG in the league.

And I always felt that Amare is better than Bosh. I had a mancrush on Amare for awhile, it's a shame that his explosion is gone though. The old Amare would just dunk over everyone. Now you barely see him attack the basket like that anymore.

The thing is, he still can, he just doesn't. Not like before, but he can still attack the basket if he wanted. He needs that ferocity back.

Forenci
11-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I personally feel that CP3 is the best PG in the league.

And I always felt that Amare is better than Bosh. I had a mancrush on Amare for awhile, it's a shame that his explosion is gone though. The old Amare would just dunk over everyone. Now you barely see him attack the basket like that anymore.

The thing is, he still can, he just doesn't. Not like before, but he can still attack the basket if he wanted. He needs that ferocity back.

I just think he's struggling to create his own shot right now. Usually Nash would give him great looks and he'd just throw down all the time. I'm confident as Felton learns the offense and he and Amar'e play more you will see Amar'e start to throw down some awesome dunks. He had a couple of amazing jams in the first game of the year.

I agree with you about CP3 though. His injuries scare me a little, but for my money he's easily the best PG in the league. No one passes the ball better than him. He can average 20-10 with almost no turnovers, plus he creates a ton of turnovers against the opposing team with his steals.

I would pay good money to see him lobbing alley oops to Amar'e. Would be a sight to see.

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Would it really be possible for the Knicks to still sign CP3 and Melo?

bigbluedefense
11-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Would it really be possible for the Knicks to still sign CP3 and Melo?

Yeah, they can manipulate their salary cap in a way to pay 3 max contracts.

I just think he's struggling to create his own shot right now. Usually Nash would give him great looks and he'd just throw down all the time. I'm confident as Felton learns the offense and he and Amar'e play more you will see Amar'e start to throw down some awesome dunks. He had a couple of amazing jams in the first game of the year.

I agree with you about CP3 though. His injuries scare me a little, but for my money he's easily the best PG in the league. No one passes the ball better than him. He can average 20-10 with almost no turnovers, plus he creates a ton of turnovers against the opposing team with his steals.

I would pay good money to see him lobbing alley oops to Amar'e. Would be a sight to see.

I hope so. I haven't been this excited about Knicks basketball in 10 years! It's been so long. I know just merely a playoff team right now, but hell, after the past 10 years its a step in the right direction, and something to get excited about.

I'm gonna go to at least 4 games at the Garden this year. I'm so pumped up to watch them play.

Rosebud
11-07-2010, 01:19 AM
So apparently I like Fields more than you guys to. I don't think he'll ever be a great player, but he's really smart, plays hard and has a good skillset. A prime around 14-15 pts on really high efficiency, 2.5 assists, 3-4 boards, with good D and really smart team play is a really useful player. That last part's why I like him so much, the kid just does a great job for such a young player at adjusting to his team-mates and helping the team whenever and however he can. I think Gallo's got that same type of skill for team-work except gallo's a much more gifted scorer, shooter and is longer.

bigbluedefense
11-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Well that was just a good old fashioned ass whoopin.

Gotta start winning some of these games. Too many jumpshots from this team. Need to start attacking the hoop more.

Forenci
11-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Well that was just a good old fashioned ass whoopin.

Gotta start winning some of these games. Too many jumpshots from this team. Need to start attacking the hoop more.

Haha, yeah, I think we're still prone to those. The difference this year is that we now at least have a fighting chance to win most games. Last year it was just expecting to lose and being pleasantly surprised when we won a game.

I'm not worried about the jump shooting too much. That's sort of our style, but even for us it's still probably too much right now. Really it's just about guys missing shots at this point.

bigbluedefense
11-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Jump shooting teams run hot and cold. I hate it. And long rebounds lead to fast breaks on the other end.

I like our tenacity, I LOVE that we're finally blocking some shots, but we need to attack the hoop more. We have the horses to do it, we just have to do a better job of finding lanes and making that extra pass.

bigbluedefense
11-25-2010, 06:08 AM
Gallinari sucks. I hate him so much.

It's nice to see Amare getting his groove back. When he first came to the Knicks, he wasn't dunking it down like the old Amare. Now him and Felton are working on that pick and roll that he thrives in, and he's starting to show that aggressiveness in his dunks again. I like it.

And I love how aggressive we are in blocked shots. I feel like a better coach can really teach this team to be a great defensive unit. Amare is so lost on defense, he's good for blocks but he can't rebound for crap and he struggles locating his man.

But we're getting better. It's exciting to be a knicks fan again.

Forenci
11-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Gallinari sucks. I hate him so much.

It's nice to see Amare getting his groove back. When he first came to the Knicks, he wasn't dunking it down like the old Amare. Now him and Felton are working on that pick and roll that he thrives in, and he's starting to show that aggressiveness in his dunks again. I like it.

And I love how aggressive we are in blocked shots. I feel like a better coach can really teach this team to be a great defensive unit. Amare is so lost on defense, he's good for blocks but he can't rebound for crap and he struggles locating his man.

But we're getting better. It's exciting to be a knicks fan again.

Interesting how you only post on nights Gallinari has a bad game, haha. He pretty much carried our team during the road trip. I still (for the 100th time) will never understand how you can hate such a likable kid. Plays hard, a solid defender (he pisses teams off so much with his pesky D), one of the best FT shooters in the NBA. We just need to stop being stupid and let him take the ball off the dribble instead of making him just spot up from 3 all the time. He knows how to draw fouls and with his ability to hit FT's he could easily be a 20 point scorer every night.

I also don't think Amar'e is that bad defensively. At least, not as bad as he's looked lately. He's been getting into early foul trouble the past few games and you can really see him ratchet back on D once he gets too many fouls.

Rosebud
11-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Our problem is that is that we don't have a pure 3 pt sniper. When Gallo's hot he can drain 3s like nobody's business, but he's a rhythm shooter and so is streaky, unfortunately despite that he's our most consistent and dependable shooter which is why Gallo gets stuck watching on the perimeter so much. We need him out there for floor spacing because our guys don't have the chemistry to create that space with off of the ball motion yet. If we had someone like Kapono to come off of the bench cold and drain open 3s we'd be a much better team and Gallo'd be scoring 20 every game.

Still Gallo's pretty nuts, even against a really good defensive team Gallo has scored 25 points on 16 shots in 2 games, that's the type of effeiciency that makes me love gallo. When we let him drive good things happen, he either draws the foul, hits the open man or gets to the hoop. I love this kid and BBD is insane for not liking him, especially when he's one of our best perimeter man defenders. Hell Turiaf, Fields and Felts are the only guys on this team that are better man defenders than Gallo, even though guys like Chandler are better help defenders.

Forenci
11-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Our bench is pretty amazing though. We really just need one more star and we could be a really great team. I desperately want CP3. Even more than Melo. He's SO good. Everyone always talks about how great Deron Williams and Rajon Rondo are as passers/PG's but Paul averages one less turnover than them. That's insane for how many assists he dishes out. Paul loves throwing alley oops too and with Amar'e it would be almost unstoppable.

Plus Paul is also insanely efficient at scoring and has improved his three point shooting.

Rosebud
11-25-2010, 01:35 PM
I'd love Paul, but I don't think there's any way we add him this year and this year's team needs one pure sniper for the bench and someone other than Mozzie that can be our backup Center, I like what I've seen from Mozzie but he's still really raw, makes a lot of mistakes and looks unsure of his hands.

bigbluedefense
11-29-2010, 12:01 PM
I love Amare. He's better than Bosh, no doubt. He's tougher, he attacks the hoop more, he's a better scorer, and he's not a finesse player.

If only Lebron came to the Knicks...*sigh*. He had a championship team here if he signed with us.

Oh well, we're winning which is great. Amare is coming along, him and Felton continue to work on that pick and roll, and we're on the right track as a team.

I just hate how we shoot so many 3s, and how we can't close out games. I don't like D'Antoni as a coach. I think this team has the qualities to be a great defensive team with a better coach. We're tall and we block shots. We should be better on defense and rebounding.

Forenci
11-29-2010, 12:11 PM
We're a pretty good road team too, which is always a good sign for a young team. I really like the development of our roster.

You forgot to mention how Gallo closed out that game in double OT, BBD! Hah.

We seriously need to get him the ball more. He's so clutch. Just let him dribble to the basket and get fouled. He's one of the best FT shooters in the league. He could easily be putting up 20+ a night with the way he scores and can shoot from the line. Rosebud is right though. We just make him sit at the 3pt line and the times we do give him the ball in non-catch and shoot opportunities he usually scores, gets fouled, or gives it up for an open look to his teammates.

bigbluedefense
11-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Oh please. We went into the 2nd OT bc his dumbass fouled Teyshaun at the worst possible time.

I do admit he needs to attack the basket more. Again, it goes back to coaching. I don't like D'Antoni as a coach. I feel we can be a better team with a different coach.

Forenci
11-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Oh please. We went into the 2nd OT bc his dumbass fouled Teyshaun at the worst possible time.

I do admit he needs to attack the basket more. Again, it goes back to coaching. I don't like D'Antoni as a coach. I feel we can be a better team with a different coach.

It was a BS foul though. In fact, pretty much every one of Gallo's fouls on Tayshaun was nonexistent.

I wouldn't underrate D'Antoni though. I guarantee you half of the players on our rosters wouldn't be half as good as they are now if it weren't for D'Antoni. Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, David Lee (when he was here), Bill Walker, etc have benefited from his coaching.

He would probably be a better assistant coach on a team with a good defensive head coach, though. We've gotten better on defense though, not surprisingly, as we started to accumulate more talent.

bigbluedefense
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Na that was a legit foul. He hit his hand. It was a touchy foul, but thats the home team, they're going to get that call.

Yeah, that's true. D'Antoni is a good teacher. I just don't like his style. We rely on jumpshots way too much.

Fields is great at attacking the basket. Gallo can improve his game by attacking the basket, Chandler should attack more.

We have guys who can attack, but we usually just attack with Amare, and have everyone else sit back and wait for the kick out pass for an open jumper. I don't like it.

And we don't fast break enough either.

Rosebud
11-30-2010, 12:31 PM
To be fair Prince was just on fire that game. Gallo made him take tough shots all game with a hand in his face and Prince was still draining them. This team just needs time and a true 3 pt specialist who can drain open 3s cold, we don't have that guy, all of our guys are rhythm shooters who need to get on a roll to drain open 3s, that's why we're not seeing Gallo drive as much as we should be having him.

bigbluedefense
11-30-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm warming up to Fields. I like him more as a bench guy though, not a starter.

We have a team with one star and a bunch of good role players. We're 1 player away from being a very good team.

The problem I have with getting Melo is I question how effective our team will be with 2 stars in the front court, especially considering both are somewhat of a liability on the defensive end.

The winning formula is usually 1 inside guy, 1 outside guy. In terms of chemistry, we're actually better off going after Chris Paul but I know that's not realistic.

I honestly hope we don't trade for Melo, but instead wait until he's a FA and just sign him. That allows us to shop Gallo for a backcourt piece to the puzzle.

Of course, if the only way of getting Melo is by trading for them, then we have to do it. As much as I question the chemistry of the move, when you get a chance to get a player like Melo, you go for it. You can always move him in the future for perhaps a star backcourt player later on. You can't trade chips until you get em.

bigbluedefense
11-30-2010, 01:15 PM
I'd be crazy enough to get Melo, then trade him for Chris Paul/Deron Williams, but I know a trade like that is unrealistic.

Rosebud
11-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Fields is one of my favorite Knicks right now. Gallo, Fields, Amare and Turiaf are my 4 favs right now. Amare's powerful ogre of a man and the other 3 are so smart and do such a great job of doing whatever they can to help. I think if we could pull of something like Felton, AR/Chandler + picks for Chris Paul we'd be a team that could beat anyone.

bigbluedefense
11-30-2010, 01:57 PM
For me, its

1. Amare
2. Felton
3. Chandler
4. Turiaf
5. Fields

Sometimes I feel like we underrate Felton. He's no Chris Paul, but the guy is pretty decent, and he is developing chemistry with Amare. I'd move him in a heartbeat if it meant getting Paul, but realistically, I won't lose any sleep over having Felton as our PG. He's not bad at all.

As crazy as it sounds, the Knicks initial plan of getting Joe Johnson with Amare wasn't so crazy after all. We need a shooter at SG, and he was it. Plus we still would have enough to get Melo.

PG: Felton
SG: Joe Johnson
C: Turiaf etc
PF: Amare
SF: Melo

When you look at that lineup, it's actually pretty damn good. Bc everyone would know their role. Melo would be the unquestionable #1, Amare would be the unquestionable #2, Johnson the #3, and Felton would dish it out to all of em.

Plus we would keep a healthy bench.

Just the thought of giving Joe Johnson 100 million bucks would drive me nuts though. But in hindsight, it wasn't so crazy after all.

MidwayMonster31
11-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Felton is doing a pretty good job. I think one more thing they could use is a good passing center. That way, after he gets the rebound, he can pass it out to start fastbreaks.

Rosebud
11-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Felton is doing a pretty good job. I think one more thing they could use is a good passing center. That way, after he gets the rebound, he can pass it out to start fastbreaks.

aka we need a healthy Turiaf.

My issue with Felton is that he starts pressing and gets sloppy, plus he's another streaky shooter on a team full of streaky shooters.

bigbluedefense
11-30-2010, 02:10 PM

Hard to find a good center. You guys lucked up with Noah. He wanted to be a Knick too, he was from the area.

Oh well, what can ya do.

I'm hoping we can develop Anthony Randolph into a shot blocker/rebounding Center/PF guy to compliment Amare. Maybe he can be our new Marcus Camby.

It's gonna take time and patience, but he is young, so who knows.

Rosebud
11-30-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't see AR having the mentally toughness to play center. He's more of a forward anyway since it's his quickness that makes him a special prospect. Personally I think having Turiaf teach Mozzie is a good set up. Moz has great potential, a nice stroke and good work ethic. If Turiaf can teach him to pass and stay out of foul trouble we've got our Center OTF.

bigbluedefense
11-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Randolph is young. Give him time. He's already a good rebounder and he has the length to be a good shot blocker.

At the very least I'm hoping he can provide quality defense off the bench in time.

But right now he's just way too raw to see any time. He's pretty terrible right now.

I like our Center by committee approach right now.

Rosebud
11-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I'm content with our front court right now. All we need is a real 3 point sniper, *crosses fingers on buike*. I think that'll help dougie as the backup point to. Cause that kid's confidence is shot and him taking so many 3s isn't helping. Maybe with Buike there he'll feel less pressure to launch up 3s and get his midrange game going again, which hopefully would get his confidence back up which would get him back to being really hounding on D and be more of a point guard than shooting guard on O.

bigbluedefense
12-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Amare is really beasting it lately. I think he's finally found his groove with our team.

I'm diggin it. We should be a playoff team this year. I'm excited.

Forenci
12-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Amare is really beasting it lately. I think he's finally found his groove with our team.

Yep. Dude is a stud. He and Felton are pretty much money so far. A lot of people thought Amar'e needed Nash to survive but clearly that's not even remotely close to being true. The scary thing is Amar'e looks better on the defensive end too. He'll never be elite but when he's not in foul trouble he's pretty aggressive and has been blocking the crap out of everything this year.

Great win on the road against a good Hornets team though.

bigbluedefense
12-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Yep. Dude is a stud. He and Felton are pretty much money so far. A lot of people thought Amar'e needed Nash to survive but clearly that's not even remotely close to being true. The scary thing is Amar'e looks better on the defensive end too. He'll never be elite but when he's not in foul trouble he's pretty aggressive and has been blocking the crap out of everything this year.

Great win on the road against a good Hornets team though.

I still think he's better than Bosh. I love his improvement on the defensive end. He's still a work in progress there, but you gotta love the improvement.

We're a good team. It's been sooooo long since I could say that.

Forenci
12-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Yeah. I like Amar'e a lot more than Bosh of a number of reasons. Maybe it's just because I love super athletic players like Amar'e, haha.

It's so strange watching them be good now. They go up in games on the road and at home and I keep waiting for them blow it. I guess that's what happens when you grow up watching a pretty bad Knicks teams your entire life.

bigbluedefense
12-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Yeah. I like Amar'e a lot more than Bosh of a number of reasons. Maybe it's just because I love super athletic players like Amar'e, haha.

It's so strange watching them be good now. They go up in games on the road and at home and I keep waiting for them blow it. I guess that's what happens when you grow up watching a pretty bad Knicks teams your entire life.

I remember the 90s Knicks. I grew up with them. Growing up, I lived on basketball, I loved it so much, I'd play in the rain, play for hours after school, just shoot around for hours by myself, I'd walk to school while dribbling a basketball I just loved the game. And the 90s Knicks represented everything I loved about basketball.

The toughness, the heart, the passion, aaaah memories. I just wish we could have won 1 for Pat </3

That 99 Knick team, I'll never forget em. Next to the 2007 Giants, that is probably my favorite professional sports team of all time. I still love Sprewell.

The 4 point play <3. Larry Johnson. Allan Houston's game winner vs the Heat. Sprewell fighting his ass off in game 5 of the finals matching Duncan toe for toe every drive to keep us in the game.

How they fought for every rebound, how the entire area was shut down when the Knicks were on in the playoffs. The Garden. The atmosphere. The papers and all the articles. The rivalries.

I just wish we could get Knick basketball to be like that again. There's nothing like Knick basketball. We've had championships with the Yankees, with the Giants, we've seen the Jets do well lately, we've seen the Mets do well back in 2001, but nothing, NOTHING, compares to when the Knicks are fighting for a title.

Nothing.

Forenci
12-04-2010, 09:33 AM
I can only imagine. I didn't start liking basketball (watching it, that is) until 6-7 years ago, so I've basically only seen bad Knicks teams. I've heard a lot of people say what you've said too; that Knicks basketball was pretty much took over the town, ala the mid-80's Mets team. It'd be strange for me to see, since the Knicks talk has pretty much been non-existent for the past decade.

It's exciting though.

bigbluedefense
12-04-2010, 09:47 AM
I can only imagine. I didn't start liking basketball (watching it, that is) until 6-7 years ago, so I've basically only seen bad Knicks teams. I've heard a lot of people say what you've said too; that Knicks basketball was pretty much took over the town, ala the mid-80's Mets team. It'd be strange for me to see, since the Knicks talk has pretty much been non-existent for the past decade.

It's exciting though.

You missed the best era of basketball. The Knicks/Bulls rivalry was legendary. I still hate Jordan. If I see Jordan on the streets, I'd still boo him. Everyone wants to love the guy now. **** him. **** Jordan.

Ewing, Starks, Oakley, Anthony Mason, Derek Harper, later on with Houston, Sprewell, Camby, LJ, I just loved the Knicks.

We were different kinds of Knick fans back then. If we ever get back to that point, you'll see how it was being a Knicks fan. That's why its such a shame to see what has happened to the Knicks the past decade.

Id recommend you see the espn 30 for 30 on Reggie Miller vs the Knicks, or check this clip out.

It kind of gives you a glimpse of what Knick basketball used to be.

5TUDx78lyC0

gpngc
12-04-2010, 10:31 AM
The Oak-man was one of my favorites.

I cannot ******* wait for playoffs. A meaningful pro basketball game... omg.

Da-Phins
12-04-2010, 12:23 PM

Noooo! That makes me a sad panda. Rockets have the rights to swap 1st round picks in next year's draft and its the same year you all decide to look good. Oh well. We are sucking this year so a lotto pick looks likely anyway.

Rosebud
12-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Ha, it was the 99 Knicks that actually sold me on Basketball. I grew up in Chicago and everyone loved Jordan and the Bulls, well being the angry foreign kid I wasn't going to have any of that ish, still root for the Cardinals whenever I'm around Cubs fans but that's just cause Baseball is beyond boring for me. I'm with you BBD, I loved the old Knicks that watched in the late 90's and I loved their toughness and team work on D. But that's also why I love Mike D's fit with Amare, Felts, Fields, Turiaf and Gallo. That's a tough group of guys who'll play hard and with great teamwork on both ends of the court.

Hurricanes25
12-07-2010, 01:19 PM
13-9....Haven't been this excited about the Knicks in a long time.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Big 2 weeks for this team. We'll know what this team is made of in the next 2 weeks.

I'm hoping we can keep pace and establish the 5 seed.

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2010, 03:32 PM
It's still a real tough run for a young team coming together.

bigbluedefense
12-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Melo is going to be a Knick. I can ******* taste it.

I can't wait. Trade Gallo, Fields and a 1st to get him. Hell, you can probably lowball them and offer Gallo and a 1st and they have no choice but to take it.

And this Knick team is good already. I can't wait. Amare Stoudemire is a ******* boss.

I think we need a backup PG though. After getting Melo, we won't have to play Stoudemire for so many minutes anymore, but we need a backup PG to spell Felton.

Felton and Amare are playing waaaay too many minutes right now.

Giantsfan1080
12-13-2010, 10:24 AM
I don't know why you'd trade some of the pieces that are really helping the team when you can just get Carmelo for nothing in the offseason. Realistically the Knicks aren't going to win the NBA Championship this year so it would be a waste to get rid of 2 young players that would be very good supporting players next year. If Carmelo is serious and he only wants to play for the Knicks then you're better off just waiting to sign him in the offseason.

bigbluedefense
12-13-2010, 10:31 AM
I don't know why you'd trade some of the pieces that are really helping the team when you can just get Carmelo for nothing in the offseason. Realistically the Knicks aren't going to win the NBA Championship this year so it would be a waste to get rid of 2 young players that would be very good supporting players next year. If Carmelo is serious and he only wants to play for the Knicks then you're better off just waiting to sign him in the offseason.

Here's my concern: the extension money.

Melo wants to be a Knick, but he also wants that extension money. Who's to say that he doesn't change his mind in the future and chooses the money over the Knicks? It's a valid concern. Especially since if he waits he could potentially lose out on a ton of money signing with the Knicks as a FA vs signing the extension then getting traded.

So if you think about it, it's a big gamble to not trade for him. I think ultimately, money talks, and at the end of the day he'll choose that money over playing for the Knicks.

In his mind, he feels he can have both if he forces his hand, but what if that strategy fails on him? What does he choose, the money or the Knicks? I'm inclined to believe that he chooses the money.

So I rather guarantee him on the Knicks by trading for him. Plus, the guys we'd trade are commodities that are replaceable. Gallo's contract is coming up in a year I believe and we won't resign him if we get Melo anyway.

And guys like Fields, they're great role players, but you can find role players elsewhere. You don't pass on an opportunity to get a stud for the sake of holding onto those 2 guys.

Giantsfan1080
12-13-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm not saying you pass up on him for those 2 but if you could wait then that would be the better way to do it. If Walsh really think Melo would take the money over signing with the Knicks then by all means you have to make the trade but if not then you wait. It's going to be a gamble either way. It's going to be super exciting to watch Melo/Amare though.

bigbluedefense
12-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah, as much as we suffered the past 10 years, hell the past 20 years...even before that...pretty much as long as Ive lived and remembered the Knicks, I say forget the gamble and just get him.

It's not worth waiting and potentially losing out on him for. Just get him. I think we can keep Fields and still get Melo bc the Nuggets are low on options right now.

This essentially would be a Gallo + 1st for Melo trade. Which would be a no brainer. We don't lose much to guarantee the guy in a Knick uniform. I say we make the trade to guarantee that it happens.

Obviously, like you said, if Donny knows for a fact that he'd sign with us anyway, then yeah sure, but if we don't know that, we need to make the trade to ensure that it happens.

Giantsfan1080
12-13-2010, 12:19 PM
What's the difference in money than Melo can receive from the extension or signing with a new team in FA?

bigbluedefense
12-13-2010, 12:23 PM
What's the difference in money than Melo can receive from the extension or signing with a new team in FA?

We don't know bc the CBA situation in the NBA is actually much more messed up than the NFL, but it could potentially be as low as half the money. So from 65 million to perhaps 30 million.

Thats what i heard analysts speculate at least.

That's why I think we should trade for him. It's hard to pass up on 30 million just to play for a team you like. He'll change his mind and choose the money if we can't work out a trade.

Giantsfan1080
12-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Well if that's the case and it really is $30 million then yeah they better make sure they trade for him. Nobody is giving up that much money to play for a certain team.

bigbluedefense
12-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Well if that's the case and it really is $30 million then yeah they better make sure they trade for him. Nobody is giving up that much money to play for a certain team.

Especially when the Nets already have an offer on the table that is 10X better than any offer the Knicks can put out, that would allow Melo to sign the extension and get traded and wind up playing in NY anyway once they move to Brooklyn.

I don't think the Knicks have as much leverage as people think. They have leverage sure, but it's not like Melo can't change his mind any time in the future.

That's why I say we should just get him now while we can, and worry about overspending later. Overspending on Melo is better than not getting him at all.

Forenci
12-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Well if Melo is that worried about money we can just do a sign and trade with the Nuggets in the off-season and give up a first round pick or two so he can get his max contract,

Also, for as good as Melo is, he isn't on the superstar level of guys like LeBron/Wade/Paul/etc. He's damn close, but ultimately there are a lot of people who feel he isn't quite at their level because he's a very one dimensional superstar. He's a superb scorer, okay rebounder, not a good passer, and his defense isn't that great. Granted he might be the most talented scorer in the league because he can post up, hit 3's, hit mid-range jumpers, and get to the rim and hit FT's, but he does lack in some areas.

I think he fits perfectly for the Knicks because we need that from him, and it would mesh better than Miami's "big 3" because they all have roles and can play off the ball.

BBD, I think you're crazy if the Nuggets will just accept Gallo + a 1st. They would rather let him hit FA (like a lot of teams did this year) before giving up on the season and trading him away for just Gallo.

Right now I would just hold off on doing anything. It's too early in the season. I'd still take Chris Paul over Melo any day of the week. For as good as Felton has been, CP3 is a still a million times better than him.

Hurricanes25
12-13-2010, 01:06 PM
BBD, I think you're crazy if the Nuggets will just accept Gallo + a 1st. They would rather let him hit FA (like a lot of teams did this year) before giving up on the season and trading him away for just Gallo.

I'm guessing Curry's expiring contract would be appealing to Denver. I still don't know if that would be enough though.

Rosebud
12-13-2010, 01:13 PM
I'd hope we could talk them into talking AR, Chandler and a 1st. AR is just useless, I didn't like him coming out because he's mentally weak, but I gave him a break. He could still develop into a player, but if Denver's intrigued by his potential I'd much rather get rid of him than Fields, Gallo, Chandler or Mozzie. Hell I even value Dougie more, although there AR's potential starts to balance Dougie's lack of PG instincts. That trade probably isn't enough, although I'd hope with Chandler's increased productivity this year they might figure that securing his services plus AR and a first that that may prove to be enough for Melo around Mid season.

As for the CBA I've been hearing Melo would be looking at something like 15 a year over 3 which is 20 mil, but when you subtract the mil his wife would be bringing in that she isn't right now and the increase he'd get from having his face plastered across NYC.

Rob S
12-13-2010, 01:17 PM
There is no way a deal gets done without Gallo. You guys are proposing Pau Gasol like trades.

It probably going to take Gallo, Fields, Curry's expiring and a 1st. Even then the Nuggets get ripped.

Rosebud
12-13-2010, 01:24 PM
There is no way a deal gets done without Gallo. You guys are proposing Pau Gasol like trades.

It probably going to take Gallo, Fields, Curry's expiring and a 1st. Even then the Nuggets get ripped.

*shrug* They're going to get ripped in any of the proposals I've heard from any other team that would realistically go after him, especially if the CBA moves in a direction that would have a grandfather provision by the deadline, making it much safer for him to wait for a S&T over the summer. Plus Melo's an unstoppable scorer, a modern day Bernard King, for Denver to trade him and not get ripped would mean we'd have to trade Amare for him.

I don't think Gallo, Fields, Curry and a 1st is much less than the Chandler, AR, Curry and 1st that I proposed. Chandler's off contract but he's producing more and is a more athletic while Gallo's only got one more year on his contract. AR and Fields comes down to potential v polish, I think with Denver looking poised for a rebuild it's not that crazy to think they might opt for AR's potential.

bigbluedefense
12-13-2010, 03:01 PM
It will take Gallo, Curry's contract, a 1st, and possibly Fields at the very least.

I'm ok with moving Fields bc we'll just move Chandler to SG.

Our bench will go to the shitter this year, but we'll have enough money that we can retool that bench in the offseason. I'm not concerned about that.

Rosebud
12-13-2010, 03:45 PM
It will take Gallo, Curry's contract, a 1st, and possibly Fields at the very least.

I'm ok with moving Fields bc we'll just move Chandler to SG.

Our bench will go to the shitter this year, but we'll have enough money that we can retool that bench in the offseason. I'm not concerned about that.

I'm not so sure about that, with Melo and Amare that's 45 mil, plus Felton's 7.5 takes us to 52.5 mil, add turiaf and we're right around the cap already with just 4 players, that's without re-signing Chandler which would leave us with the MLE if it isn't eliminated from the new CBA.

Forenci
12-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I am worried about it. Look at the Heat. If they didn't get Mike Miller their bench would be complete trash (it is right now without him). I think if we keep our bench as is, in addition to signing one or two more solid bench players with Melo, we could have one of the deepest benches in the NBA.

The quality of your bench is one of the most important aspects to thriving in both the regular and postseason.

Rosebud
12-13-2010, 05:02 PM
I am worried about it. Look at the Heat. If they didn't get Mike Miller their bench would be complete trash (it is right now without him). I think if we keep our bench as is, in addition to signing one or two more solid bench players with Melo, we could have one of the deepest benches in the NBA.

The quality of your bench is one of the most important aspects to thriving in both the regular and postseason.

Yep, the bench needs to bee deep and versatile, you can't just put together which ever vets are available and hope they can work well together. That's why I'm so loathe to give up Gallo and Fields, the two of them are so good at filling in around other players and stepping up when they have to that they're ideal guys to put around elite scorers like Amare and Melo.

BTW Rumors of Dougie, Walker + 2nd round pick for Mayo. I'd like it although it would really suck to have to give up dougie's ferocious D.

Forenci
12-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Yep, the bench needs to bee deep and versatile, you can't just put together which ever vets are available and hope they can work well together. That's why I'm so loathe to give up Gallo and Fields, the two of them are so good at filling in around other players and stepping up when they have to that they're ideal guys to put around elite scorers like Amare and Melo.

BTW Rumors of Dougie, Walker + 2nd round pick for Mayo. I'd like it although it would really suck to have to give up dougie's ferocious D.

The Grizzlies would be so dumb to take that but I would love them for eternity. Solves our two guard problem. As much as I love Chandler, I think he's a little big to be a 2.

Rosebud
12-13-2010, 09:47 PM
The Grizzlies would be so dumb to take that but I would love them for eternity. Solves our two guard problem. As much as I love Chandler, I think he's a little big to be a 2.

Yeah, I can't believe they've soured on him enough to consider this, but Dougie can play some insanely good D and shoot...

Forenci
12-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I can't believe they've soured on him enough to consider this, but Dougie can play some insanely good D and shoot...

I think Mayo could do that too. The difference is I think Mayo is bigger and better in a lot of other areas also.

Rosebud
12-13-2010, 09:53 PM
I think Mayo could do that too. The difference is I think Mayo is bigger and better in a lot of other areas also.

I don't think Mayo will ever be as good as Dougie on D, but yeah, the other things he brings to the table make him clearly superior. I'd love him, would give us better shooting in the starting lineup and thus better spacing for AmaRay. Plus I think Mayo would really get the other guys involved when the ball passed through his hands and let Gallo drive more. Still not going to get excited about this because I just don't see this happening.

bigbluedefense
12-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Im not a fan of Douglas. He chucks it up too much. I do like his D though.

bigbluedefense
12-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Your bench is important for getting you into the playoffs. But come playoff time, your bench doesn't mean squat. It's all about your starters.

Honestly, I'll sacrifice some bench to improve the quality of my starting 5. So what if you wind up being the 6 seed instead of the 1 seed, once playoff time comes around it won't mean anything.

Basketball isn't like football. Homecourt isn't nearly as important, depth isn't nearly as important, and player development isn't the same. In the NBA, for the most part, you are what you are. 1% of the players in the NBA actually improve their game considerably over the years.

Forenci
12-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Your bench is important for getting you into the playoffs. But come playoff time, your bench doesn't mean squat. It's all about your starters.

Honestly, I'll sacrifice some bench to improve the quality of my starting 5. So what if you wind up being the 6 seed instead of the 1 seed, once playoff time comes around it won't mean anything.

Basketball isn't like football. Homecourt isn't nearly as important, depth isn't nearly as important, and player development isn't the same. In the NBA, for the most part, you are what you are. 1% of the players in the NBA actually improve their game considerably over the years.

I disagree completely. Homecourt means a TON in recent years. It's not uncommon for a series to basically be decided by homecourt. There will always be some upsets, but for the most part teams at home win. I'd argue homecourt means pretty much nothing in football outside of weather conditions.

bigbluedefense
12-14-2010, 11:14 AM
I disagree completely. Homecourt means a TON in recent years. It's not uncommon for a series to basically be decided by homecourt. There will always be some upsets, but for the most part teams at home win. I'd argue homecourt means pretty much nothing in football outside of weather conditions.

When youre a big market team in basketball, you get the calls. The Knicks will get calls on the road vs the Hornets for example.

Remember Dick (Knick) Bevetta? The Knicks will get a ton of calls in the playoffs, don't worry about that.

Homefield in football actually effects strategy, whereas it doesn't do anything in basketball. You can't run your entire offense in football on the road bc of crowd noise, you have to use a silent count, it hinders your offense. Plus weather conditions. It's HUGE in football.

In basketball it doesn't mean jack. It doesn't effect your game, it doesn't effect your strategy. The calls tend to go to the homecourt team yes, but when you're the Lakers or Knicks or Bulls, you get the calls anyway. And star players get calls on the road or at home regardless. So its meaningless.

It's much easier stealing a road win in the playoffs and advancing with a higher quality starting unit than going into the playoffs with a good bench but less quality in the starting 5.

Phil Jackson is notorious for just playing his starters literally the entire game throughout the playoffs to combat any depth issues. Playoffs are all about your starters.

TheFinisher
12-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Bottom line is we need to make a few more moves to be contenders, Mayo and Melo are perfect fits. If the Lakers weren't championship contenders until they got Pau and Ariza, and Boston until they got KG, Ray, PJ Brown, and Posey, then the same goes for us. We need to add to Felton, Amar'e and Chandler...Mayo and Melo are two perfect fits. Then we get a solid big and a backup PG and we can see what we have and what tweaks need to be made to take several runs at those 50+ win seasons and hopefully some championships.

What we have now is good enough for a 5th, MAYBE 4th seed in the East. Nice considering our recent past, but not nice enough going forward.

Get Melo and Amar'e on the same team (two dudes that legitimately command a double team) and throw Mayo out on the wing to shoot and play some D on the other end and we're beginning to say something.

GaMeTiMe
12-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Going tonight against Miami, so pumped!

TheFinisher
12-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Going tonight against Miami, so pumped!

That atmosphere is going to be awesome tonight, no place like the Garden.

bigbluedefense
12-18-2010, 07:00 AM
I was at the game last night. The atmosphere was AMAZING. The first half was SO much fun, but once the game got out of hand the crowd didn't have the same energy.

But I had so much fun. Nothing like the Garden. Everytime Bosh went to the line we all chanted "overrated!" and every time Lebron got the ball we booed him, the energy was just fantastic.

I'm definitely going to be going back to the Garden again.

Disappointed that we lost of course, but at least the Garden is back.

Forenci
12-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I was at the game last night. The atmosphere was AMAZING. The first half was SO much fun, but once the game got out of hand the crowd didn't have the same energy.

But I had so much fun. Nothing like the Garden. Everytime Bosh went to the line we all chanted "overrated!" and every time Lebron got the ball we booed him, the energy was just fantastic.

I'm definitely going to be going back to the Garden again.

Disappointed that we lost of course, but at least the Garden is back.

Haha. Sad thing is Bosh outplayed Amar'e. I don't think Bosh is that overrated, really, he's just the third wheel on a team with two future Hall of Famers. He's not going to put up Amar'e numbers when he's got two other prolific scorers on his team.

bigbluedefense
12-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Haha. Sad thing is Bosh outplayed Amar'e. I don't think Bosh is that overrated, really, he's just the third wheel on a team with two future Hall of Famers. He's not going to put up Amar'e numbers when he's got two other prolific scorers on his team.

Not really. If Amare hits his free throws he scores 30 last night. Plus they did a great job of taking Amare out of the game, they crashed on him every time and forced it out of his hands.

They're 1 of the few teams that has the length and athleticism to defend Stoudemire. Put Bosh in the interior, and crash up at the top of the key with Lebron. Other guys had to step up.

The Heat have the blueprint on beating the Knicks. Zone defense to take away Amare's ability to drive, force everyone to take jumpshots all game, and run the floor on em bc you get long rebounds.

For a team lacking consistent shooting ability, we take way too many jumpers and way too many 3s.

Forenci
12-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Not really. If Amare hits his free throws he scores 30 last night. Plus they did a great job of taking Amare out of the game, they crashed on him every time and forced it out of his hands.

They're 1 of the few teams that has the length and athleticism to defend Stoudemire. Put Bosh in the interior, and crash up at the top of the key with Lebron. Other guys had to step up.

The Heat have the blueprint on beating the Knicks. Zone defense to take away Amare's ability to drive, force everyone to take jumpshots all game, and run the floor on em bc you get long rebounds.

For a team lacking consistent shooting ability, we take way too many jumpers and way too many 3s.

11-19 is much better than 11-28. Amar'e got outplayed by Bosh. Not that Bosh was defending him much, as it was Joel Anthony, but there's no way to argue who was better this game between the two.

Don't get me wrong though, I sure as hell wouldn't trade Amar'e for Bosh, but he did have a better game.

Also, BBD, you forgot to mention the player who has shown up the most in these two tough games (not named Amar'e) in Danilo Gallinari! He's been awesome. Whenever he drives to the hoop he's always making things happen for himself or teammates.

That baseline dunk he had against Boston was amazing, haha. He's kind of sneaky athletic in that way for a guy his size.

bigbluedefense
12-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Build up that trade value Gallo!

Now if Gallo had the balls to drive to the hoop like that all game, every game, my opinion on him would be very different. But he doesn't, which is disappointing.

In a perfect world, he learns to drive to the hoop all the time, and we get Melo in the offseason, and we play

C Amare
PF Gallo
SF Anthony
SG Chandler
PG Felton

but realistically, that's not happening. Plus we'd probably have issues on defense in the front court.

Rosebud
12-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Forenci I'm glad you n brodeur have been talking up Gallo these past two games. Keeps me from having to homer it up, but I just can't not love the kid. Dude steps up when we do call upon him and is a super smart player who's great at helping out the team in other ways when we don't give him the ball with a chance to create, aka most of the time when AmaRay are clicking.

Forenci
12-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Build up that trade value Gallo!

Now if Gallo had the balls to drive to the hoop like that all game, every game, my opinion on him would be very different. But he doesn't, which is disappointing.

In a perfect world, he learns to drive to the hoop all the time, and we get Melo in the offseason, and we play

C Amare
PF Gallo
SF Anthony
SG Chandler
PG Felton

but realistically, that's not happening. Plus we'd probably have issues on defense in the front court.

Considering how Rosebud has mentioned on numerous occasions we pretty much tell Gallo to sit at the three point line in order to space the floor, I don't see why you can blame Gallo for it all the time. Every team needs spacing, and we lack a guy who can give it outside of Gallo.

Gallinari in Italy really wasn't a spot up shooter like we ask him to be. He posted quite a bit (as Rose has mentioned) as well as took it to the rim a ton.

I think if we just let him play his style of game he'll continue to get to the rim more. We also need to stop ignoring him. Sometimes Felton and Amar'e get too focused on the pick and roll and forget they've got players around them.

Rosebud
12-22-2010, 06:47 PM
If we trade Gallo in a Melo deal I'd watch more Nuggets games than I do now...when homerism goes to far?

Damix
12-28-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm not sure if I like Amare playing C most of the time.

If I'm building a team, I want 2 stars that play SF and PF, a thug at C. A sharp shooter at SG and a pass first PG that can knock down a 3.

If we can get Melo, hopefully we can play Felton, Fields, Melo, Amare, Turiaf to start, sometimes subbing in Chandler at SF (if he doesn't go) for Turiaf and bumping everyone else up, against smaller lineups.

I think Fields would be better on the bench, but we really don't have a better option for SG right now and I do like his unselfish game.

bigbluedefense
01-08-2011, 08:31 AM
The offense looks better than ever without Gallo....

We desperately need a backup PG. Amare and Felton are playing way too many minutes, if we don't give these guys some rest they're going to break down.

Forenci
01-08-2011, 09:35 AM
The offense looks better than ever without Gallo....

We desperately need a backup PG. Amare and Felton are playing way too many minutes, if we don't give these guys some rest they're going to break down.

Haha, it's more about the Suns being crap than the offense being better without Gallo.

Felton could certainly use some rest, but he also needs to stop with the turnovers. It's going to become an issue if he doesn't ease up soon. Amar'e got a nice rest yesterday but Felton still played too many minutes considering it was a blow out.

bigbluedefense
01-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Felton always plays too many minutes, bc we have no backup PG at all. Douglas isn't a PG. We desperately need another body back there.

We have 2 expiring contracts coming up don't we? We need to trade 1 for a backup PG.

If we have no chance of trading for Melo, then we need to trade our other expiring contract for a backup Center. Maybe package Gallo + expiring contract for a quality Center.

I know you guys love Gallo, but if we have to lose either Gallo or Chandler in some moves to improve the overall team, I choose moving Gallo. Chandler is just better than him, I rather keep Chandler.

Plus my thinking is Gallo would have higher trade value bc of his youth.

Mozgov is so horrible. He should never see the court.

bigbluedefense
01-08-2011, 09:55 AM
I know in a perfect world we want to keep both, but realistically we can't. And I'm choosing Chandler over Gallo, it's that simple to me.

I know Chandler's contract is coming up sooner, but that won't change the fact that we probably won't be able to resign both of these guys to long term contracts moving forward.

So let's assume there's 2 scenarios:

1. We get Melo
2. We don't get Melo.

In scenario 2, you basically have to keep the better of the 2 guys, which is Chandler, and move your expiring contracts plus Gallo to fill out the rest of the team.

To do that, we'll need a backup PG and a quality defensive Center. That gives Felton his rest, plus now we can use Turiaf as a bench guy who can come in and play hard defense for 20 minutes a game and give us 6 fouls, which is probably his best role. The starting Center can play harder too bc we can always rotate him with Turiaf, and we'll always have a defensive presence in the middle that will allow Amare to do what he does, which is roam and block shots.

It greatly improves the overall unit. Sure, we lose a scorer on the court when we lose Gallo, but we gain so much more defensively. Plus, I think when we come out with Gallo, Felton, Amare, and Chandler, that's too many bodies who demand the ball at once. Once Gallo got hurt Chandler and Felton commanded more on offense and our offense actually looks better for it. I also think moving forward Fields will work on his game (primarily his jumpshot) and we won't miss a beat.

Now in the first scenario, where we get Melo, the whole scenario changes a little. We can give both Felton and Amare more rest by default bc we'll have a capable scorer who can take over games by himself so we won't need Amare and Felton on the floor all the time. And contrarily, Melo can get his rest bc we won't need him all the time with Felton and Amare on the court.

But our bench probably suffers in the process. But I don't mind that. Your bench is just important to get you into the playoffs. They get quality minutes in the regular season and keep your guys fresh. But come postseason, it's all about your starters.

I rather have a better starting 5 than have a better bench, so I'll take that trade off.

Forenci
01-08-2011, 10:15 AM
It's really speculative at this point. I'd like to see how they keep playing from here on out with no Gallo. It's basically been two games.

Overall, I want to see how things go once we get deep into the season. If Felton continues to turn the ball over too much we may have to look at other options like Chris Paul. Not sure if we could get him, but it would certainly be worth looking into.

bigbluedefense
01-08-2011, 10:23 AM
It's really speculative at this point. I'd like to see how they keep playing from here on out with no Gallo. It's basically been two games.

Overall, I want to see how things go once we get deep into the season. If Felton continues to turn the ball over too much we may have to look at other options like Chris Paul. Not sure if we could get him, but it would certainly be worth looking into.

Paul scares me with that knee. I like Felton, I think he's good enough at PG, if we're going to go after another star, it's Melo or bust to me. I'm a HUGE Paul fan, but I'm just scared of that knee right now. And does he really improve our team THAT much? I'm not so sure anymore, Felton is playing like a top tier PG.

I honestly think we need Melo if we want to be considered legitimate Championship contenders. Without him, we'll always be pretenders until we draft a star to pair with Amare.

Forenci
01-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Paul scares me with that knee. I like Felton, I think he's good enough at PG, if we're going to go after another star, it's Melo or bust to me. I'm a HUGE Paul fan, but I'm just scared of that knee right now. And does he really improve our team THAT much? I'm not so sure anymore, Felton is playing like a top tier PG.

I honestly think we need Melo if we want to be considered legitimate Championship contenders. Without him, we'll always be pretenders until we draft a star to pair with Amare.

Paul is a million times better than Felton. It's really not even close. I agree about his health though. He may just need some more time to recover from it. Even without healthy knees he's still having an MVP type season. Or was for a good portion of the season.

As much as I like Melo, he does have some deficiencies as a player. He's very one dimensional, unlike a lot of the other superstars in the NBA. Granted, he does that one thing extremely well, but he scares me a little.

bigbluedefense
01-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Paul is a million times better than Felton. It's really not even close. I agree about his health though. He may just need some more time to recover from it. Even without healthy knees he's still having an MVP type season. Or was for a good portion of the season.

As much as I like Melo, he does have some deficiencies as a player. He's very one dimensional, unlike a lot of the other superstars in the NBA. Granted, he does that one thing extremely well, but he scares me a little.

Oh, trust me, I know Paul is a million times better. But is a Paul/Amare duo enough to win a championship? I don't think so.

Now if we have Amare/Melo with Felton as the PG, I think that has a better chance.

Melo sucks on defense, but hell, let's be honest, we don't play defense anyway right now. And who knows, maybe playing in NY inspires him to get tougher. Amare looks much tougher now than he ever did in Phoenix. So maybe he gets a similar jump start.

I think he'll learn how to pass better in NY too. He has to, if he learns how to pass out of that post up, he'll be so deadly. It's not hard Melo, find open guy, throw to open guy. It's not a difficult concept.

Forenci
01-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Oh, trust me, I know Paul is a million times better. But is a Paul/Amare duo enough to win a championship? I don't think so.

Now if we have Amare/Melo with Felton as the PG, I think that has a better chance.

Melo sucks on defense, but hell, let's be honest, we don't play defense anyway right now. And who knows, maybe playing in NY inspires him to get tougher. Amare looks much tougher now than he ever did in Phoenix. So maybe he gets a similar jump start.

I think he'll learn how to pass better in NY too. He has to, if he learns how to pass out of that post up, he'll be so deadly. It's not hard Melo, find open guy, throw to open guy. It's not a difficult concept.

I don't see it. Melo has never been a good passer. He just doesn't have the court vision, ability or willingness to pass like other superstars like LeBron, Wade and others.

bigbluedefense
01-08-2011, 11:06 AM
I don't see it. Melo has never been a good passer. He just doesn't have the court vision, ability or willingness to pass like other superstars like LeBron, Wade and others.

To be fair, he's never played with a Stoudemire or Felton. Maybe he'll be more inclined to pass with them on the roster.

It's probably wishful thinking on my part.

bigbluedefense
01-12-2011, 01:13 PM
This west coast road trip has been brutal. I haven't seen any of the games bc they're all so late.

Can't wait until they come back east. I might try to get some cheap tickets and go to another game. I love the Garden, it's the best stadium I've ever been to. There's just nothing like the Garden.

gpngc
01-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Was the Turiaf steal (travel), outlet to Felton, pass to fields, oop to Wil for the one-handed throwdown, Amare trailing screaming the play of the year?

I think so.

Four players touched the ball and the one who didn't was the ******* league MVP - and he was screaming because he was so pumped up.

******* awesome.

bigbluedefense
01-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Sick play. I know there are other players out there with better stats than Amare, but he is clearly the MVP in my eyes. No player has even come close to his impact for the Knicks this year. That's what MVP is all about.

To me it's Amare by a fairly significant margin.

Forenci
01-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Sick play. I know there are other players out there with better stats than Amare, but he is clearly the MVP in my eyes. No player has even come close to his impact for the Knicks this year. That's what MVP is all about.

To me it's Amare by a fairly significant margin.

Sadly, the MVP in basketball is a little different than most sports. A lot of the time it goes to the best player on the best team in the NBA, rather than who is the most valuable player to their team.

bigbluedefense
01-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Terrible showing last night. Terrible. How does Turiaf and Stoudemire get 5 rebounds combined?

Pathetic. I guess we can chalk it up to back to back games, the effort just wasn't there, but still. I'm tired of us trying to outscore everybody. We gave up 130 points last night. That's pathetic.

I really don't like D'Antoni's brand of basketball.

bigbluedefense
01-13-2011, 07:16 AM
In more positive news, Melo to the Nets seems to have hit a snag. It seems like Melo really just wants to play for the Knicks.

*crosses fingers*

Forenci
01-13-2011, 08:58 AM
In more positive news, Melo to the Nets seems to have hit a snag. It seems like Melo really just wants to play for the Knicks.

*crosses fingers*

It actually does seem like that. When most Knicks fans were thinking LeBron last year I didn't see why he'd come here when he had better options, but Melo to the Knicks makes sense. He's a New York kid and I since we've obtained Amar'e so I can really see him wanting to come here.

bigbluedefense
01-13-2011, 11:53 AM
It actually does seem like that. When most Knicks fans were thinking LeBron last year I didn't see why he'd come here when he had better options, but Melo to the Knicks makes sense. He's a New York kid and I since we've obtained Amar'e so I can really see him wanting to come here.

What scares me though is I question if we have enough pieces to get him. I doubt we get him in FA bc 65 mill is just too much for him to leave on the table.

I guess only time will tell. I hope we don't give up too much if we get him. But somethings gotta give, so it is what it is.

Forenci
01-13-2011, 12:22 PM
What scares me though is I question if we have enough pieces to get him. I doubt we get him in FA bc 65 mill is just too much for him to leave on the table.

I guess only time will tell. I hope we don't give up too much if we get him. But somethings gotta give, so it is what it is.

That's what a sign and trade is for. We can give him almost all the money he wants and the Nuggets get something for their effort, even if it's just a couple of picks.

bigbluedefense
01-13-2011, 12:26 PM
That's what a sign and trade is for. We can give him almost all the money he wants and the Nuggets get something for their effort, even if it's just a couple of picks.

Would it go down though? I only see it happening if he straight up tells Denver "I'm only signing with the Knicks"

But then if you're the Knicks and you hear this, why even trade for him when you can just sign him?

It's weird how this is playing out. He wants to have his cake and eat it to, but I don't see how it's possible for him.

Rosebud
01-14-2011, 01:29 AM
He can just wait until the summer and get S&T'd to the Knicks. Personally I think we see a 3-way trade with Chandler going to some team with a rookie contract guy going to Denver since Wilson doesn't want to sign with Denver when he's an FA this summer and his game is very similar to Melo's offensively. With Gallo taking a back seat to Chandler in their 3rd option platoon and this injury I think his value has dropped and it's Chandler who'll be the piece on the move.

Personally I just don't care anymore. Give it another year and the Gallo-Chandler-Fields troika will be consistent enough that one of them will go off every night depending on who's hot/has the best matchup. With Chandler capable of going left and getting to the line and Gallo's ability to create from the perimeter the offense will be deadly. Especially if instead of Melo we signed Nene and a PG. Nene would give us a big who we could run the PnR to when Amare's on the bench who can also shoot and pass so he's not in Amare's way when Amare's on the court. With that combo we'd have the best starting front court in the NBA ahead of even the Lakers duo.

My Dream Offseason without Melo?

Re-sign Wilson Chandler - love the progress in his game, he's starting to try and pass and create. If he can learn to do that, how to dribble with his left hand and get to the line he'd become an Allstar.

Sign Nene Hilario - Discussed above, perfect Center for Mike D and Amare, gives us great size when we need it and move Ronny to the bench where we protect his health and have Mozzie developing.

Trade AR, Toney Douglas and a pick for Ricky Rubio - This is a pure pipedream but if Minny wins the lottery they can't pass on Kyrie Irving since he's going to be fantastic. Then you've gotta cash in on Rubio and a long PF like AR to pair with Love and Darko in the paint is a decent start if you can get AR's head out of his vag. Dougie gives them a great defending backup combo guard since Flynn's game has completely fallen apart and he wasn't a good defender to begin with. Probably wouldn't happen but they like AR, maybe Kahn's flying hot since he's hit on his two re-construction projects, Super Cool Beas and Darko, and he really think AR will break out and become a 14/10/2B/2A per game guy...please?

Nene/Turiaf/Mozgov/Amare
Amare/Chandler/Turiaf
Gallo/Chandler/Williams
Chandler/Fields/Felton
Felton/Rubio/Rautins

Championship.

bigbluedefense
01-14-2011, 06:51 AM
I think we can get a defensive center and a backup PG any time honestly. Those are role player pieces, you can find those every year. The opportunity of getting a star player like Melo doesn't present itself every year, so I think we should give a strong effort in getting him.

We'll lose some depth in acquiring Melo in all likelihood, but I really think depth is overrated.

Depth helps you in the regular season, but 8 teams make the playoffs, and depth doesn't do much in the playoffs. I rather us focus more of our resources in making our starting 5 as talented as possible.

Either way, I'm just gonna wait it out and see what happens. I think if we can get Melo and keep Felton in the process, we're a legit championship contender.

If not, we just have to go the other route like Rosebud stated and hope thats enough to make a push. That's pretty much it.

Rosebud
01-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Nene's more than just a defensive center. He's a Center who'd improve our D and rebounding dramatically while also having the offensive skill to be a scorer for us who can help with the offensive flow.

bigbluedefense
01-14-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't think Denver would let him and Melo both go though. I don't think he'll be on the table for us.

My statement was more of a general one, not targetting a specific player.

Rosebud
01-14-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't think Denver would let him and Melo both go though. I don't think he'll be on the table for us.

My statement was more of a general one, not targetting a specific player.

I could definitely see him dipsetting this summer if Melo goes to the Nets or anyone else. I think he'd make as much of an impact for us as would Melo. Chandler, Gallo and Fields are still super young and getting more consistent every game. Chandler's doing all this despite being unable to go left or get to the line, Gallo's doing what he does on a lower usage than even Toney Douglas and has shown he can really dish the rock, what if we let him run the offense a little? Start off when Felts is on the bench and then if he excels like he should you even get to have Felts playing off of the ball a little which will help him get into a rhythm. I fully believe that a team can split the #2 role between a number of good players instead of one elite player. The Spurs to me are a constant reminder of that fact. With Nene, Chandler, Gallo and Felton we have 4 guys who can go for 20+ any night so I really don't think our O would be a problem, even against elite teams because no amount of good defense can stop that many talented scorers. We'd also finally have the size with Nene, Amare, Mozzie and Ronny to match up with even the biggest teams. Our D would get better and we'd be a threat to any team in the league.

We'd still need to find a back up PG, although as I've mentioned I think Gallo should get a chance in that role this season and I think he'll impress, which makes this less pressing of a need.

bigbluedefense
01-14-2011, 03:57 PM
....it's almost like you WANT me to rip on Gallo...

Anyway, see, here's my concern. You've seen the games. You notice how different the Knicks are when they play a quality team like the Lakers or Heat? A team that can defend Amare, we have NO chance of beating them. We need that other scorer. The only time we were competitive against the Heat, we hit an inordinate amount of 3s.

I firmly believe that the point totals of our players are the result of the system. The system inflates the perception of their true offensive production. You see it all the time. How many players looked great in D'Antoni's system then looked like crap elsewhere? It's bc the system fudges their numbers.

Nobody on our roster is a true #2. We won't beat any great teams until we get one. We may deceive ppl into thinking we can by playing competitive games, but we won't beat them in 7 game series the way we're currently built.

The Knicks know it too. They wouldn't try trading for Melo if our pieces were as good as we think they are. We have a bunch of great complimentary players, but if we still need that second ace. I firmly believe that.

gpngc
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Has anyone heard the Marc Gasol rumor?

I'd be on board.

Rosebud
01-14-2011, 05:12 PM
....it's almost like you WANT me to rip on Gallo...

Anyway, see, here's my concern. You've seen the games. You notice how different the Knicks are when they play a quality team like the Lakers or Heat? A team that can defend Amare, we have NO chance of beating them. We need that other scorer. The only time we were competitive against the Heat, we hit an inordinate amount of 3s.

I firmly believe that the point totals of our players are the result of the system. The system inflates the perception of their true offensive production. You see it all the time. How many players looked great in D'Antoni's system then looked like crap elsewhere? It's bc the system fudges their numbers.

Nobody on our roster is a true #2. We won't beat any great teams until we get one. We may deceive ppl into thinking we can by playing competitive games, but we won't beat them in 7 game series the way we're currently built.

The Knicks know it too. They wouldn't try trading for Melo if our pieces were as good as we think they are. We have a bunch of great complimentary players, but if we still need that second ace. I firmly believe that.

*shrug* The Heat are the best team in the league and our youngins are on a playoff caliber team for the first time in their lives. Against the Lakers we were just outsized and outgunned because rip on gallo all you want but other teams respect him and he's always got a tough assignment which protects Chandler from the Batum's, Kirilenko's and Artest's that can throw him off of his game, he also helps the spacing so teams like the Jazz and Blazers can't just pack the paint against us. We were missing that extra weapon on this trip and that's why the offense stuttered, because we couldn't just go to the next guy and have him beat you anymore. With a year I think Wilson and Gallo would be fully capable of sharing the 2nd go to scorer role with Felton, especially if we added someone like Nene who'd negate our size disadvantage against teams like the Lakers.

I mean we've come seconds away from beating boston, whomped on the Spurs and have now gone 2-2 on a tough road trip without a starter. When healthy we can take games from the best teams and with more size and development from our youngins we could do so consistently.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Getting a first for AR. Sweet.

Forenci
01-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Getting a first for AR. Sweet.

Eh? Did I miss something?

ATLDirtyBirds
01-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Eh? Did I miss something?

Chris_Broussard‎ NYK will trade Anthony Randolph for 1st round pick within next 2 weeks, sources say. Minny, Indy, Portland among likeliest destinations

Forenci
01-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Oh yeah, I saw that. I thought you meant it was a done deal with someone. Hopefully we can get something done. Getting a first round pick for him would be a steal at this point..

Rosebud
01-15-2011, 12:12 AM
*shrug* I think he's just not a very cerebral player so he's trying to make an impact instead of just being a part of the offensive flow, that's why AR looks so terrible for most of the times he's on the court. With his potential I think he's still got some value even if it looks like we won't be the team that happens for. I'm praying for AR, Douglas and whatever picks we can trade them for Rubio's rights in the summer after Minnesota's had to pick Kyrie Irving. But I know that's never going to happen...

bigbluedefense
01-15-2011, 06:53 AM
That was a classic trap game. They played like crap from the first whistle. It's ok though, it happens.

Forenci
01-15-2011, 10:48 AM
That was a classic trap game. They played like crap from the first whistle. It's ok though, it happens.

I hate to do this but since you did bring it up before unprovoked: we've played quite ****** since Gallo has gone out of the lineup. Chandler has struggled more, and the offense has been woefully inconsistent as a whole. I mean, other than the Spurs game we really haven't looked impressive thus far. I'm not saying Gallo was the difference maker every game with his play, but there is something to be said for the spacing he gives guys by being a threat from 3pt land. Amar'e and company seem to need that spacing to be more effective, and it also creates open looks from three for other guys.

That and the fact he gives is automatic points from the FT line.

And while I do defend Gallo when you call him a bum (because it's down right BS), most people know I'm pretty objective when it comes to his play. I don't think he's going to be a star, nor would I hesitate to trade him if I thought it would benefit the team, but I think it's pretty obvious he's important to the construct of this team.

That might change if we bring in Melo and he's struggling to find playing time or a position, but right now we've really looked mediocre for the most part.

bigbluedefense
01-15-2011, 11:48 AM
We miss his size. That's what we're missing. We have no other big body to sub in when Turiaf hits the bench.

So D'Antoni in all his wisdom decides "F it, let's just come out with 5 guards"

And we get killed when we do that, we get no rebounds, we can't defend anybody and give up a ton of easy buckets underneath etc.

So for those 5 minutes a game when we have to run with 4 Guards and a PF or 4 Guards and a SF, we get dominated and if we're not up or playing an inferior opponent, it'll cost us the game.

That's all there is to it. We need another big body.

Gallo is an average player. My hatred for him stems from the fact that he's thought to be more than that, when he's clearly not. He does add to our team, but he's not as important as we make him out to be.

If Gallo is a deal breaker for us when it comes to trading for Melo, I'm going to be PISSED. Gallo will never be anything more than mediocre, holding on to his "potential" is a waste of time.

Get him outta here while his stock is high. If Gallo was viewed as a guy who is a solid role player than I probably wouldn't have a problem with him. But bc he's viewed as a #2 guy, I can't stand him. He's no where close to being at that level, and he never will be.

Forenci
01-15-2011, 12:41 PM
We miss his size. That's what we're missing. We have no other big body to sub in when Turiaf hits the bench.

So D'Antoni in all his wisdom decides "F it, let's just come out with 5 guards"

And we get killed when we do that, we get no rebounds, we can't defend anybody and give up a ton of easy buckets underneath etc.

So for those 5 minutes a game when we have to run with 4 Guards and a PF or 4 Guards and a SF, we get dominated and if we're not up or playing an inferior opponent, it'll cost us the game.

That's all there is to it. We need another big body.

Gallo is an average player. My hatred for him stems from the fact that he's thought to be more than that, when he's clearly not. He does add to our team, but he's not as important as we make him out to be.

If Gallo is a deal breaker for us when it comes to trading for Melo, I'm going to be PISSED. Gallo will never be anything more than mediocre, holding on to his "potential" is a waste of time.

Get him outta here while his stock is high. If Gallo was viewed as a guy who is a solid role player than I probably wouldn't have a problem with him. But bc he's viewed as a #2 guy, I can't stand him. He's no where close to being at that level, and he never will be.

I don't see that many Knicks fans that are in love with him. In fact, I'd say the vast majority of Knicks fans despised the Gallo pick and most just fell in love with him because he was the one player who tried and showed up on ****** Knicks teams the past couple years. Rosebud is really the only one I know, but he usually only discusses Gallinari when someone feels to need to knock him (which happens far more than anyone praising him).

I view him as a great #3 scoring option on a good team (with a couple stars like Melo/Amar'e). If Gallo is your third scorer on a team like that, he could be pretty special in that role. There aren't a lot of guys who can get to the line and be automatic points, as well as give the team a much needed sharpshooter.

I mean think about it. If we bring in Melo at some point, who the hell is going to shoot the 3 for us? Even in systems that aren't like D'Antoni's which rely on the 3, being able to shoot from behind the arc is critical in the NBA today. Chandler has improved from deep, but I'm still not a huge fan of his jump shot. Douglas is kind of a chucker. We could bring in some role players who can shoot from 3, but usually they're inconsistent and one dimensional.

bigbluedefense
01-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Gallo is not a smooth shooter though. He's a rhythm shooter. If he had touch like Ray Allen, that's a different story. But he doesn't.

Rosebud
01-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Gallo is not a smooth shooter though. He's a rhythm shooter. If he had touch like Ray Allen, that's a different story. But he doesn't.

But you have to admit that he gets a lot of attention because if he does get into a rhythm at 6'11" there aren't many guys who can bother him. So even when he's not hitting shots he's helping keep teams from packing the paint on AmaRay.

Rosebud
01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Look Gallo isn't a first option right now and likely never will be. What he is is a 6'11" player who's a very good perimeter defender, and an exceptionally versatile offensive player who's sharing the #3 role right now and doing well in his second season on tiny usage, evne Dougie has a higher usage rate than Gallo.

Gallo can become a deadly scorer if he develops his midrange game, he's also got quite a bit of potential as a playmaker who could ease Felton's work load while also letting Felton get into a rhythm as an off of the ball shooter. He's shown he can make some exceptional passes and that he's a smart guy who understands how a player can open up his team-mates for passes. He's a smart kid who's shown he'll put in the work to be a guy like Lee or Chandler who'll consistently improve unlike those failed projects who never improve.

In a year or to he can be a guy like Ginobli who can take over a game offensively but is also a very smart player who helps the team when he's not fire. With him, Felton, Chandler and couple more guys like Nene, Fields and Douglas?, we could absolutely contend for a title if Amare can keep up his newly improved passing when his scoring efficiency returns. Especially if Fields can develop his 3-ball and Chandler can keep working on his jumper, learn to go left and keep working on his passing.

In the playoffs what matters is your best 5, with Felton, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, Amare and Nene we can put out 5 guys that'll match up against any 5 in the league and stands a chance to win every time. Amare has absolutely blown me away this year, his passing has even been improving. If that keeps up and his confidence in his team-mates grows he can be that unstoppable #1. We don't have a clear cut #2 option, but neither did the Spurs, with Gallo, Felton and Chandler we've got 3 guys who can take that mantle on any night, we'd have an exceptional #3 and #4 option and between Fields and Nene we'd never have a guy out there in crunch time who teams can ignore. If we can become just an above average defensive team with that offense our team will make a couple Eastern Conference Finalses and a chance to win a title if the right guys get hot. We'd also have the depth to keep those key players fresh for the playoffs.

Forenci
01-16-2011, 06:11 AM
I think Manu is the perfect comparison. Obviously not their size or play style, per se, but I could easily see Gallo becoming that third scorer who on any given night can put up big numbers or help the team in a number of different ways. He can block a shot, get a steal, grab some boards, and pass too if needed.

Every team needs those types of players. No one is saying he's going to be a star BBD, it's just there a lot of people who see that he's a pretty useful/good player and could really be an asset on a team with a couple of great players.

Rosebud
01-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Style wise I think Gallo's really similar to Paul Pierce, not a great athlete, not a great shooter, but a really crafty and clever player who can shoot the lights out when he's in a rhythm, a guy who can get to the hoop and line with his craftiness and who'll make good passes and open up team-mates. I don't think Gallo will ever be quite as good as Pierce but style wise their games have a lot of similarities. I think Manu is just the best example of a championship winning player that does what Gallo can do for us.

bigbluedefense
01-17-2011, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't mind the guy as a solid role player, but if he's a piece we need to move to get a Carmelo Anthony or a legit Center, I'm moving him.

He's not an untouchable guy on our team. If you expect us to win a championship any time soon with Gallo as our #2, you're in for a rude surprise. It's never going to happen, no matter how good the rest of the pieces are.

If we want a championship, we need a better #2 option. It's that simple to me. If we can keep Gallo while getting that #2 option, sure, sounds great. But chances are it won't happen unless we move him. So move him. It's a no brainer to me.

Or if we do get a #2 option I rather move Gallo for a legit Center. I think that would make the team better. I think holding onto Gallo's stock is just going to hurt this team in the long term. His stock won't get any higher than it is now, sell him while it's high.

bigbluedefense
01-17-2011, 03:10 PM
I really hate D'Antoni's brand of basketball. It's a regular season system. You're not winning a championship with this style of basketball.

We're winless at home when trailing after 3. That's sad. You can't try to outscore opponents when you're losing. It's a flawed system.

And our rebounding is sad too. A lot of it is bc we constantly throw a small lineup out there and we don't have enough big bodies in the paint, but it's also effort. Amare had what, 7 rebounds today? That's not enough.

And we can't keep playing Felton like this. The man is going to break down soon if we don't get a legit backup PG.

2 losses in a row now. It's looking like we're going to be the 6 seed if we keep the status quo.

Rosebud
01-18-2011, 09:05 AM
At least our coach isn't Jerry Sloan. Now that's a guy who's system can't win in the playoffs...

Forenci
01-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't mind the guy as a solid role player, but if he's a piece we need to move to get a Carmelo Anthony or a legit Center, I'm moving him.

He's not an untouchable guy on our team. If you expect us to win a championship any time soon with Gallo as our #2, you're in for a rude surprise. It's never going to happen, no matter how good the rest of the pieces are.

If we want a championship, we need a better #2 option. It's that simple to me. If we can keep Gallo while getting that #2 option, sure, sounds great. But chances are it won't happen unless we move him. So move him. It's a no brainer to me.

Or if we do get a #2 option I rather move Gallo for a legit Center. I think that would make the team better. I think holding onto Gallo's stock is just going to hurt this team in the long term. His stock won't get any higher than it is now, sell him while it's high.

If you really want to get a good player back you'll have to give up Chandler at the very least. With Gallo's injury it's going to take some time before he can work his value back up again. And he can't do that until he can play.

I like Chandler a lot though, so I wouldn't deal him for a mediocre center. If we're getting a Marc Gasol type of player though I'd likely ship him out, but otherwise it's not worth trading him off for a short term solution like Marcus Camby.

bigbluedefense
01-18-2011, 09:42 AM
We just have to be patient I guess. We're not going to be contenders this year, but I would like to win at least 1 playoff series.

Regardless, we have movable pieces, if we can't package them for Melo then we have to do something with them. You figure the expiring contracts alone should at least net us a backup PG moving forward.

bigbluedefense
01-22-2011, 08:08 AM
5 in a row. How's that great supporting cast now? We need Melo.

You win in this league with stars. I've been saying it forever. Don't get a hard on for these mediocre players, bc that's all they are. When you have a chance of getting a star, you go get him.

We're a playoff team the way we are now. Even if we get that Center and backup PG, we're still nothing more than a playoff team. If we want to be championship contenders, we need Melo.

I'm hoping the current situation regarding Melo is a good sign for us.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah, the team needs someone else. I'm just not sure if a ballstopper is what's going to make it click. For as good as Anthony is, I'm not sure it works.

bigbluedefense
01-24-2011, 11:12 AM
My thinking is, even if Anthony isn't a good fit, he's still a commodity. You can always trade 1 star for another star. So perhaps down the road we trade him for a star that actually fits our lineup.

But trading a bunch of scrubs for a star is not easy to pull off. This is an unusual circumstance for us bc this certain player pretty much only wants to play for the Knicks so we have leverage. This opportunity won't present itself again.

That's why it's a no brainer to me. Worst case scenario, you have a movable star player which will yield either a top draft pick or another star who can fit your lineup.

bigbluedefense
01-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Our team might be the worst rebounding team in the league. It's pathetic. And as much as I love Stat, he's a horrible rebounder. We need a rebound machine at Center so bad.

I love how Fields plays the game. If he just worked on his jumpshot, he could be so much better. Chances are we lose him in a package for Melo though, which sucks, but hey, as much as I like Fields he can't be a dealbreaker in a Melo trade.

bigbluedefense
01-29-2011, 06:49 AM
I know we lost the game, but I like the fight in this team. We haven't seen this from the Knicks in awhile. It all starts with Stat. He's been such a great leader for this team.

And the toughness seems to be coming back. I like what Shaun Williams did, it reminded me of the old school Knicks.

This team isn't scared and doesn't back down from anybody. I love the fight they have now. I can't overstate how much Stat has meant to this team.

Rosebud
01-31-2011, 09:14 AM
psh, ****** gallo. 29 points on 12 FGA, what a bum...

bigbluedefense
02-01-2011, 11:43 AM
http://empiresportsnow.com/2011/01/26/nba-writer-says-danilo-gallinari-is-overrated/

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this turd is overrated.

Btw, we went so long and peacefully without talking about Gallo, I guess all good things come to an end sooner or later.

LTgiants
02-01-2011, 03:39 PM
http://empiresportsnow.com/2011/01/26/nba-writer-says-danilo-gallinari-is-overrated/

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this turd is overrated.

Btw, we went so long and peacefully without talking about Gallo, I guess all good things come to an end sooner or later.

Wow you found 1 writer who works at fanhouse to agree with your opinion. I guess you 2 are right and everyone else is wrong all is right in the world again.

bigbluedefense
02-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Wow you found 1 writer who works at fanhouse to agree with your opinion. I guess you 2 are right and everyone else is wrong all is right in the world again.

Except that it's not just 2 people. The only people who think Gallo is the greatest thing since sliced bread are dellusional knick fans.

Gallo is a solid #3 option on a team, nothing more, nothing less. He's not a star, and he'll never be a star.

I can't believe how much hype this guy gets. I say it over and over again, but I still don't get an answer: If Gallo is SO good, why doesn't he take over games when Stoudemire is on the bench? Why does he look so mediocre?

Bc he IS mediocre. Good 3rd option, but that's it.

LTgiants
02-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Except that it's not just 2 people. The only people who think Gallo is the greatest thing since sliced bread are dellusional knick fans.

Gallo is a solid #3 option on a team, nothing more, nothing less. He's not a star, and he'll never be a star.

I can't believe how much hype this guy gets. I say it over and over again, but I still don't get an answer: If Gallo is SO good, why doesn't he take over games when Stoudemire is on the bench? Why does he look so mediocre?

Bc he IS mediocre. Good 3rd option, but that's it.

Really where are all the other people you have quoted that says Gallo is over rated. No Knick fan is comparing him to Lebron or MJ so where is the delusion in saying Gallo is a good player.

He is a clearly right now the 2nd option no one else on the team is scoring like him and he is doing a pretty good job at being a 2nd option so if he was the 3rd option it would be even better for us so I am not seeing the problem.

Ever think its cause the opposing team adjust their D to focus on making sure to limit the Knicks best offensive threat when Amare isnt on the court?

No that's crazyness cause b/c Knicks fans talk about a player BBD doesn't like so we should hold him to some crazy standard.

Can you name 1 2nd/3rd option that "takes over" the game every single game when the star player is on the bench. I doubt you can(and no guys like Wade or Pierce don't count as #2 options). There are games were he does well when Amare is on the court and games where he does well when he isn't on the court nobody is perfect every game.

How is he look mediocre? saying someone is mediocre or looks that way doesn't make it a fact why don't you actually try to prove a point for once instead of waiting for Gallo to fail so you can comment. Honestly thats all you do is say ooo hahah Gallo sucks if he has a bad game or you wait for someone to post something with similiar opinion as yours.

We really don't hear you say much when he has a good game hmmm I wonder why?

bigbluedefense
02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
How the **** is Gallo a #2? #2 guys are Russell Westbrook, Manu Ginobli, Tyreke Evans (not good enough to be considered a 1 at this point).

Star #2 options are the Gasols of the world.

Putting up good numbers on a 500 team doesn't make you a #2. David ******* Lee puts up better numbers for Golden State, is he a great player? **** no.

I bet you guys were saying the same crap about David Lee when he was a Knick. Please. Mediocre talent is mediocre talent. There are such thing as compilers in the NBA, putting up numbers doesn't make you a great player. You see it all the time, a player puts up 20 and 10 on a bad team, goes to a good team and disappoints. Why? Bc he was never that good, he was compiling numbers on a bad team.

That's what Gallo is. You go to the NBA forum and you ask all those people what htey think of Gallinari. I guarantee you more people agree with my description of him. He's not that good. Get over it Knick fans. He's a marginal player.

I know we sucked for a long time so we'll prop up good players on our team, but jeez, this is getting ridiculous. I never seen a more overrated Knick in my life time.

LTgiants
02-01-2011, 05:03 PM
How the **** is Gallo a #2? #2 guys are Russell Westbrook, Manu Ginobli, Tyreke Evans (not good enough to be considered a 1 at this point).

Star #2 options are the Gasols of the world.

Putting up good numbers on a 500 team doesn't make you a #2. David ******* Lee puts up better numbers for Golden State, is he a great player? **** no.

I bet you guys were saying the same crap about David Lee when he was a Knick. Please. Mediocre talent is mediocre talent. There are such thing as compilers in the NBA, putting up numbers doesn't make you a great player. You see it all the time, a player puts up 20 and 10 on a bad team, goes to a good team and disappoints. Why? Bc he was never that good, he was compiling numbers on a bad team.

That's what Gallo is. You go to the NBA forum and you ask all those people what htey think of Gallinari. I guarantee you more people agree with my description of him. He's not that good. Get over it Knick fans. He's a marginal player.

I know we sucked for a long time so we'll prop up good players on our team, but jeez, this is getting ridiculous. I never seen a more overrated Knick in my life time.

Who is the #2 on the Knicks? Is GALLO. I didn't say he was one the best #2 options league wide. I said he is the #2 option on the Knicks. If he was #3 option for us obviously that would be better but we dont have another option right now

No I couldnt stand David Lee towards the end of his Knicks run cause all he was doing was stat padding and playing no defense. So nice try. Loved him when he was first drafted where he actually hustled made a effort on D though.

The NBA Forum? Really? Really? that's your defense? wow that's sad. Of course they would agree with your opinion that Gallo is crap cause Rosebud pissed everyone off with his Evil Nixon-Monta Ellis like love for Gallo. I am sure that isn't the only reason but I just has to throw it out there.

Why don't you actually try to prove a point and talk about an actual flaw in his game? Here I will give you an example your boy Wilson Chandler has an awful shooting selection and settles for way to many jumpers which is his weakness. He should be driving more to the hoop more.

See now you try what is your beef with his game? See if you an actually discuss what you feel his problem basketball wise people would probably respect your opinion more when it comes to basketball.

You are right now the Knicks equivalent of a guy saying Eli is a bad leader cause you don't like the look of his face.

Edit: I forgot yes Tyreke Evans is the #1 option on the Kings even though that has no bearing on the Knicks or your Gallo rants

bigbluedefense
02-01-2011, 05:11 PM
I've broken down Gallo plenty of times in the past. I said he settles for too many jumpers, he's a streaky shooter, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't block shots, he's heavy footed on defense (he has effort but he's not a great defender), and he can improve his passing.

The guy is 6 11", you expect him to do a better job of rebounding and blocking shots.

Him and Chandler are essentially the same, I prefer Chandler over him bc we can move Chandler to SG if need be.

Gallo isn't even tough enough to defend PFs. We put Chandler on them. How pathetic is that?

And FYI, Raymond Felton is our #2. If you're goign strictly by numbers, Felton is our 2nd scorer. Not to mention even from a purist sense, he's our #2.

And yeah, I am gonna mention the forum, bc where else can we go and take a poll? It's not like any of us know each other adn can ask the same people.

LTgiants
02-01-2011, 05:25 PM
I've broken down Gallo plenty of times in the past. I said he settles for too many jumpers, he's a streaky shooter, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't block shots, he's heavy footed on defense (he has effort but he's not a great defender), and he can improve his passing.

The guy is 6 11", you expect him to do a better job of rebounding and blocking shots.

Him and Chandler are essentially the same, I prefer Chandler over him bc we can move Chandler to SG if need be.

Gallo isn't even tough enough to defend PFs. We put Chandler on them. How pathetic is that?

And FYI, Raymond Felton is our #2. If you're goign strictly by numbers, Felton is our 2nd scorer. Not to mention even from a purist sense, he's our #2.

And yeah, I am gonna mention the forum, bc where else can we go and take a poll? It's not like any of us know each other adn can ask the same people.

If anyone mentions any Knick outside of Amare most people there will hate on them there so its not like your going to get a 100% unbiased opinion over there on Gallo.

How can Gallo be heavy footed on defense yet he is near the top of the league in charges taken? that's pretty much the opposite of heavy footed

No I don't expect a SF who comes from Euro ball to be a great rebounder height doesn't equal rebounding ability or what position you play on the court.

Him and Chandler are not the same at all in terms of style play they play the same position but that's about it.

and no Chandler can not play SG we tried that experiment and it was not good. He is to slow to guard them which is part of why he guards PF's and Gallo doesn't. Chandler is stronger then Gallo which also has to do with it.

I don't think its pathetic at all there are plenty of PF's that are smaller then Gallo.

No I wasn't going by #'s. Gallo is more of a threat then Felton on O which is why he is the 2nd option just cause Felton has been jacking up more jumpers lately doesn't equal he is the 2nd option.

Rosebud
02-01-2011, 11:21 PM

You do realize we play Gallo on the perimeter because unlike Wilson he can actually stay in front of his man right? I mean sure he's "heavy footed" but that doesn't stop him from getting in front of guys and not just getting blown past every time like guys like Chandler? I mean you can **** on Gallo all you want but for a guy who's in his second full season and the first where his athleticism is starting to look like it used to in Italy, yet he's going to the line like a star, makes good passes, knows how to pass off of the drive and can get so hot from 3 that teams regularly play their best perimeter defender on Gallo because he scares them.

He won't be LeBron but if he becomes more consistent, starts boxing out hard again and develops his midrange game Gallo will be a force. He's already our second biggest threat, judging purely based off of the attention he gets, and he's still inconsistent. He's a youngin who works really hard so expecting him to keep improving his consistency is just reasonable.

Basically I don't get why you hate on gallo. He can get hot and take over games, he's the only guy other than Stat who we can depend on in the half court to get a bucket against tough D, he's our best perimeter defender, he's a smart and very willing passer who's a good team-mate and has the eveything you'd want from a Championship level 3rd option and possible 2nd option on a team with a great 3rd option. He's got work to do and isn't a superstar yet, otherwise there'd be no use for Melo here at all, but he is a very useful and versatile player who's consistently improved in his little time with this team and has a skillset that gives him an exceptional ceiling.

Rosebud
02-01-2011, 11:24 PM
As for Gallo v Chandler

Wilson's strong with better hops, he's a midrange assassin and is very explosive attacking the rim when he's on his game. He's also mastered the transition block and is a very good help defender. He's however still a mediocre 3 point shooter, turrible perimeter defender, simple passer and has absolutely no skill at drawing fouls. He's a very good young player, but he's completely different from Gallo and frankly Gallo's weaknesses are not only Chandler's strengths, but also the one part of gallo's game that would be most simple to develop, his midrange game.

*shrug* I brought up Gallo because he's playing like the kid I feel in love with watching in Italy ever since he's come back from his injury. Taking it to the hoop hard and he's even got his athleticism back as you could see with that powerful dunk on I think Greg Monroe where he scorched Prince and then just powered past Monroe. That's a move he couldn't make last year as he was recovering from his back and re-building his core strength. Now that athleticism is back and at 6'11" with the ability to get unstoppably hot from 3 Gallo is playing like a force to be reckoned with and a guy who deserves favorable comparisons to a young Manu, which is what I've said I think his impact will be, a smart and efficient 2nd or 3rd option who can take over games ever now and again.

bigbluedefense
02-02-2011, 12:18 PM
My main beef with Chandler is he can't drive to both sides of the ball. That's a major flaw in his game. His game has fell off lately since the Melo trade rumors, it's clearly effecting his game.

Truth be told, the way things are shaping up, it's a very realistic possibility that Melo becomes a Knick. And if that does happen, we're simply too deep at SF.

Bc there's just no room for both melo and Gallo/Chandler. Sure, we can go small and have

C: Stat
PF: Gallo

but, that's probably the worst rebounding and defensive front court in the league.

If we get Melo, chances are we're going to have to trade both Gallo and Chandler. 1 in a package for Melo, and the other for a legit defensive rebounding Center.

Hurricanes25
02-02-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm a fan of both Gallo and Chandler but the Knicks need Melo if they want to take the next step into the NBA elite. It's really that simple. Stat & Melo would be a dangerous 1-2 combination.

bigbluedefense
02-02-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm a fan of both Gallo and Chandler but the Knicks need Melo if they want to take the next step into the NBA elite. It's really that simple. Stat & Melo would be a dangerous 1-2 combination.

Pretty much. And if we do get Melo, whoever stays, be it Gallo or Chandler, either of them should be moved for a Center.

The only player that's untouchable to me is Stat. I really wish we can keep Fields too, but I doubt we can. He's almost guaranteed to be part of a trade for Melo.

Fields needs to work on that jumper though. He'll never be an elite player, but he'll always be a great role player. I'm gonna miss him if we lose him.

Forenci
02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Honestly, I've kind of soured on Melo a bit. His attitude isn't great, he's not an elite superstar, he's a excellent player and a superb scorer but he's just not a very good team player.

I really don't want to give up Gallo or Chandler for him. If he wants to come to the Knicks so badly he'll sign in the off-season.

Right now I'm more concerned with getting a big man who can play some defense, a back up PG, and maybe another outside shooter or two.

bigbluedefense
02-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Carmelo is 3X the player than Gallo or Chandler. 3x is probably an understatement.

Think of it this way, who was the best player Melo ever had on his team? He's never had a guy like Stat to play with. He's not on the same level as Lebron or Wade, but Melo is one notch below that.

And worst case scenario, you move him for another star player in the future. It's easy trading 1 star for another. This is a great opportunity to aquire a star player while only giving up role players for him.

These kind of opportunities don't present themselves all the time.

Forenci
02-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Carmelo is 3X the player than Gallo or Chandler. 3x is probably an understatement.

Think of it this way, who was the best player Melo ever had on his team? He's never had a guy like Stat to play with. He's not on the same level as Lebron or Wade, but Melo is one notch below that.

And worst case scenario, you move him for another star player in the future. It's easy trading 1 star for another. This is a great opportunity to aquire a star player while only giving up role players for him.

These kind of opportunities don't present themselves all the time.

I'm not trying to say Gallo or Chandler is better by any means. I just think if we want Melo we should wait to the off-season. It's clear he doesn't want to go to the Nets. It's also clear his number one team is the Knicks. Lets keep guys who can be great contributors or trade pieces in Gallo, Chandler and Fields and let the chips fall where they may in the off-season.

Worst case scenario he goes elsewhere and we package some players for another star who will inevitably want to get dealt.

bigbluedefense
02-02-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm not trying to say Gallo or Chandler is better by any means. I just think if we want Melo we should wait to the off-season. It's clear he doesn't want to go to the Nets. It's also clear his number one team is the Knicks. Lets keep guys who can be great contributors or trade pieces in Gallo, Chandler and Fields and let the chips fall where they may in the off-season.

Worst case scenario he goes elsewhere and we package some players for another star who will inevitably want to get dealt.

In a perfect world we get Melo in the offseason, but I just don't see it happening. He'll eventually cave and sign that 65 mill extension.

bigbluedefense
02-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Honestly, I rather trade for Chris Paul than Melo.

Then trade Felton for a Center, or a SG. And sign a C/SG in the offseason. Guys I'd be interested in is Chandler and Dalambert at Center.

Rumor has it the Knicks aren't that interested in Melo to begin with. I forgot where I read that. They don't want to give up 5 guys in a deal for Melo. Supposedly 3 players and a draft pick.

Which will probably be:

Chandler
Fields
Curry's contract
1st for Randolph

Rosebud
02-02-2011, 04:28 PM
My main beef with Chandler is he can't drive to both sides of the ball. That's a major flaw in his game. His game has fell off lately since the Melo trade rumors, it's clearly effecting his game.

Truth be told, the way things are shaping up, it's a very realistic possibility that Melo becomes a Knick. And if that does happen, we're simply too deep at SF.

Bc there's just no room for both melo and Gallo/Chandler. Sure, we can go small and have

C: Stat
PF: Gallo

but, that's probably the worst rebounding and defensive front court in the league.

If we get Melo, chances are we're going to have to trade both Gallo and Chandler. 1 in a package for Melo, and the other for a legit defensive rebounding Center.

Melo guarded Kobe in the WCF. If he can do that he can play the 2 down the stretch in the playoffs. That's why I think it's so important to keep Gallo or Chandler, with Gallo being my preference. It lets us go small with Felton, Fields, Melo, Gallo and Stat or big with Felts, Melo, Gallo, Stat and a Center.

I think it's a mistake to give up one of Gallo or Chandler for a Center because we won't get a C good enough to replace the impact a guy like Gallo has on the game. If we could get a guy as good as Mark Gasol, Bogut or a prime Okur that'd be great and I'd do it, but we won't. Any C we get for Gallo or Chandler won't be complete and will either get in the way offensively, or be just a mediocre Defender or Rebounder at which point is he really that much better than a guy like Turiaf or possibly even Mozzie?

I just don't know who this magic C we could get is other than Nene, who I like, but isn't worth giving up Gallo for. Dallas won't trade Chandler and Dally would get in the way on O because he's not even a good passer like Turiaf is and isn't even a great enough Defender to make up for it. That's not a solution and would be a down grade from either Gallo or Chandler's impact on offense and our ability to get out and run.That's why so many of our rebounds go to our guards, we're trying to get out and run and so instead of waiting the few second it would take for Dally to find a guard and pass him the ball, our bigs will just box out and let the easy rebounds go to the guards so that we can start moving down the court faster.

Honestly, I've kind of soured on Melo a bit. His attitude isn't great, he's not an elite superstar, he's a excellent player and a superb scorer but he's just not a very good team player.

I really don't want to give up Gallo or Chandler for him. If he wants to come to the Knicks so badly he'll sign in the off-season.

Right now I'm more concerned with getting a big man who can play some defense, a back up PG, and maybe another outside shooter or two.

I'd give up Chandler, but I really would hate to give up Gallo, you saw in the Miami game that the only guys we have who can score in the halfcourt against good D are Gallo and Amare. We could use another guy like that in Melo, but Melo's a guy I waffle on and that worries me when talking about giving up a king's ransom for a "superstar" we can sign in the offseason.

bigbluedefense
02-03-2011, 06:33 AM
The rebounding on our team is absolutely pathetic. It's going to be the death of us. I love Stat, but god he is an awful rebounder. Sometimes it doesn't even look like he tries to rebound.

So many rebounds by Dallas last night where they simply just out hustled our big men. It was pathetic.

I guess Mozgov fell back down to earth too. Just a bad game.

We really need to do something about our rebounding woes.

Rosebud
02-03-2011, 08:49 AM
I thought Mozzie played alright, he's still a raw rookie getting acclimated to the NBA. Games like Detroit just reminds us of what tools he has, games like today remind us how much work he still has to go to properly utilize those tools.

bigbluedefense
02-03-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm not gonna give up on Mozzy just yet. He needs time. I do think he should get more minutes just to get his feet wet. 1 rebound in 10 minutes is pretty awful at 7 1" though. He's gotta get stronger.

I noticed our team is so eager to get going in transition that often they forget to get the damn rebound first, and they just get out hustled on the boards. It's so frustrating.

Our best rebounder is Fields, and he's a SG. That's sad.

Forenci
02-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Yeah, we certainly need to get a rebounding/defensive center during the off-season. If we can't get a quality player like Gasol or Bogut, like Rosebud said, we're better off seeing if we can get someone on the cheap in the off-season via trade or free agency. Even if it's just a one dimensional center.

I agree with BBD that I'd rather have CP3 than Melo. I've always felt that way though. Can you imagine CP3 in D'Antoni's offense? He could put up 25-12 every night with ease.

Rosebud
02-03-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm not gonna give up on Mozzy just yet. He needs time. I do think he should get more minutes just to get his feet wet. 1 rebound in 10 minutes is pretty awful at 7 1" though. He's gotta get stronger.

I noticed our team is so eager to get going in transition that often they forget to get the damn rebound first, and they just get out hustled on the boards. It's so frustrating.

Our best rebounder is Fields, and he's a SG. That's sad.

Read one of my last posts, Mike D wants the guards grabbing as many boards as they can. Plus Landry Fields just has sublime instincts when rebounding the ball, he is afterall one of the best rebounding wings in the league as a rookie. Not saying we don't need to rebound better, just saying I'd look at our team rebounds instead of getting to focused in on individual numbers since ideally on D our bigs would box out and one of the guards will come down with the board, letting everyone just start running the instant the board is secured.

Forenci
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
5vy5cfDcH70

You know you love him BBD! Haha.

Rosebud
02-04-2011, 01:24 PM
That's so great, BBD, how can you not want to make cute Gallo babies after seeing stuff like that?

bigbluedefense
02-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I tell you what, if he can consistently attack the basket the way he has lately, I'll like him a lot more.

That has always been my main beef with him. Now he's finally attacking.

bigbluedefense
02-05-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm so pissed we lost last night. How did that happen? The Sixers suck. It's like we came out flat bc we underestimated them, then came back, then let up, and before you know it, had to make a crazy come back just to potentially send it to OT, and we lose.

The Knicks don't do a very good job of winning close games. It all goes back to defense and rebounds. You will not be a successful playoff team if you can't win close games, and you can't win close games if you can't play defense and rebound the ball.

It's part players, and part coach. I really don't like D'Antoni's brand of basketball. There are elements of it that I do like, but his overall blueprint is just flawed.

Positive notes:

-Mozgov is developing. He's high effort, you can tell his teammates don't trust him yet on the offensive side of the ball. He posts up, he requests the ball, but they just don't give it to him. All his points are on put backs. That trust will develop with time. I like his rebounding as well. It's obviously too early to really expect much from him, but the progress is nice to see. I want him to get more minutes as the season goes on.

To be fair, I expected us to outrebound Philly. They're a very short team. The true test of our rebounding is when we go against the Dallas's of the world, the teams with some muscle up front. We were dominated on the boards vs them.

-Gallo is really attacking the hoop right now. I tell you what, as much as I kill the guy, if he can bring it like that every night, I'll turn a new leaf on him. That's exactly what I've been asking from him for so long. He's finally attacking the hoop on a consistent basis.

Damix
02-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Melo's agent informing teams he will only sign an extension with the Knicks.

bigbluedefense
02-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Melo's agent informing teams he will only sign an extension with the Knicks.

That makes you wonder. If his agent is making it known he will only sign with the Knicks, then why on earth should the Knicks trade anything away for him? Why not just wait until next year and get him as a FA?

And if you're Melo, what do you gain by putting this information out? Now your chances of signing that extension is pretty much zilch. Why should the Knicks trade for you when they know you'll sign with them anyway?

It's all kind of confusing to me. I just hope we get him somehow.

Rosebud
02-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm so pissed we lost last night. How did that happen? The Sixers suck. It's like we came out flat bc we underestimated them, then came back, then let up, and before you know it, had to make a crazy come back just to potentially send it to OT, and we lose.

The Knicks don't do a very good job of winning close games. It all goes back to defense and rebounds. You will not be a successful playoff team if you can't win close games, and you can't win close games if you can't play defense and rebound the ball.

It's part players, and part coach. I really don't like D'Antoni's brand of basketball. There are elements of it that I do like, but his overall blueprint is just flawed.

Positive notes:

-Mozgov is developing. He's high effort, you can tell his teammates don't trust him yet on the offensive side of the ball. He posts up, he requests the ball, but they just don't give it to him. All his points are on put backs. That trust will develop with time. I like his rebounding as well. It's obviously too early to really expect much from him, but the progress is nice to see. I want him to get more minutes as the season goes on.

To be fair, I expected us to outrebound Philly. They're a very short team. The true test of our rebounding is when we go against the Dallas's of the world, the teams with some muscle up front. We were dominated on the boards vs them.

-Gallo is really attacking the hoop right now. I tell you what, as much as I kill the guy, if he can bring it like that every night, I'll turn a new leaf on him. That's exactly what I've been asking from him for so long. He's finally attacking the hoop on a consistent basis.

Mozzie makes me really happy walsh took that gamble. He's clearly been putting in a lot of work in practice with the coaches and Amar'e. I think if he can actually become the player he has the talent to become he'd be one of the best fits at Center for this coach and roster. His athleticism, jumper and unselfishness make him a potentially good fit to not clog the lane for Amar'e on O. He can block shots on D even though his man D in the paint isn't very good, although that's because he doesn't have much experience with it since his teams in russia had him rushing out to meet the point guard on the perimeter. He's rebounding a lot better than I expected. Being a guy who was taught to focus on boxing out and not going after the boards I thought he'd struggle to rebound consistently although he seems to be making a much better effort on that front now than he was. I gotta give the coaching staff and Amar'e credit for what they've done with Mozzie so far, kid good get some real burn as a serious rotation piece now and I'm excited to see how it goes.

BBD this is the guy Gallo was in Italy, well he also was the primary playmaker for his team, but we haven't seen that yet, but as a scorer Gallo was a slasher who could hit some clutch shots and get really hot from three but it was his craftiness going to the hoop that lead to all of his success in Italy. Then he came to the knicks, hit a growth spurt and just showed up hitting every shot he could find, so the team mis-read him thinking that he would be a Dirk or Peja like perimeter sniper when that wasn't his game, it didn't help that on those god awful knick teams he actually was the most consistent 3-pt sniper we had. Now he's finally getting to play more like he did in Europe and I think the next step we'll see from Gallo is him running the PnR sometimes, be it when Felton's on the bench or even with Felton spotting up I think we'll start seeing Gallo and Amare raping some teams with that. If that happens before the playoffs start this year I'm going to be really excited for our matchup with the Bulls, might even get tickets to one of the games in chicago.

Rosebud
02-05-2011, 01:08 PM
That makes you wonder. If his agent is making it known he will only sign with the Knicks, then why on earth should the Knicks trade anything away for him? Why not just wait until next year and get him as a FA?

And if you're Melo, what do you gain by putting this information out? Now your chances of signing that extension is pretty much zilch. Why should the Knicks trade for you when they know you'll sign with them anyway?

It's all kind of confusing to me. I just hope we get him somehow.

Knicks lose at least Chandler and probably AR or Turiaf just to open up a full max to sign Melo this summer and lose the chance to use the MLE if it still exists in the next CBA. So there's that inherent cost to waiting for the summer, which is why I would trade Wilson Chandler, AR, Buike and Eddy Curry for Melo if Denver would take it but wouldn't up that offer. Which I think is somewhat close to what Donnie's doing as he waits it out.

bigbluedefense
02-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Mozzie makes me really happy walsh took that gamble. He's clearly been putting in a lot of work in practice with the coaches and Amar'e. I think if he can actually become the player he has the talent to become he'd be one of the best fits at Center for this coach and roster. His athleticism, jumper and unselfishness make him a potentially good fit to not clog the lane for Amar'e on O. He can block shots on D even though his man D in the paint isn't very good, although that's because he doesn't have much experience with it since his teams in russia had him rushing out to meet the point guard on the perimeter. He's rebounding a lot better than I expected. Being a guy who was taught to focus on boxing out and not going after the boards I thought he'd struggle to rebound consistently although he seems to be making a much better effort on that front now than he was. I gotta give the coaching staff and Amar'e credit for what they've done with Mozzie so far, kid good get some real burn as a serious rotation piece now and I'm excited to see how it goes.

BBD this is the guy Gallo was in Italy, well he also was the primary playmaker for his team, but we haven't seen that yet, but as a scorer Gallo was a slasher who could hit some clutch shots and get really hot from three but it was his craftiness going to the hoop that lead to all of his success in Italy. Then he came to the knicks, hit a growth spurt and just showed up hitting every shot he could find, so the team mis-read him thinking that he would be a Dirk or Peja like perimeter sniper when that wasn't his game, it didn't help that on those god awful knick teams he actually was the most consistent 3-pt sniper we had. Now he's finally getting to play more like he did in Europe and I think the next step we'll see from Gallo is him running the PnR sometimes, be it when Felton's on the bench or even with Felton spotting up I think we'll start seeing Gallo and Amare raping some teams with that. If that happens before the playoffs start this year I'm going to be really excited for our matchup with the Bulls, might even get tickets to one of the games in chicago.

Mozgov makes you wonder, do we need that backup center or do we just gamble on Moz developing more in the offseason?

That's why I hope we really increase his minutes this year. So we get a better idea of what to expect next year from him. He needs reps.

I really like the matchup vs the Bulls. I think we should beat them if we play them in the playoffs.

To me, this year will be a success if we win the 1st round. Everything after that is gravy. But I do want to win a playoff series.

Rosebud
02-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Mozgov makes you wonder, do we need that backup center or do we just gamble on Moz developing more in the offseason?

That's why I hope we really increase his minutes this year. So we get a better idea of what to expect next year from him. He needs reps.

I really like the matchup vs the Bulls. I think we should beat them if we play them in the playoffs.

To me, this year will be a success if we win the 1st round. Everything after that is gravy. But I do want to win a playoff series.

I want to win a playoff series, but this is the first time I've been able to tell people in Chicago that I'm a Knicks fan without feeling a little embarassed since 99, when I was all of 10 years old and the Michael Jordan statue could still teabag me from the United Center. If we can make the playoffs and our young guys can really get a good taste/make it a really tough battle. I want a win, but I will be happy if the Knicks can do what the Colorado Avalanche did in the NHL last year, which is put up a really tough fight before ultimately losing in 6 after losing an OT game in game 5 where they were a few inches away from a win.

Rosebud
02-05-2011, 01:18 PM
As for Mozzie yep. That's why I don't want Dalembert or a guy like that who's not going to get more than 20 minutes on this team. If we could get a guy who'd get big minutes like Nene I'd be all for it, but he's almost the only guy we might be able to get who I'd be really stoked about.

Forenci
02-05-2011, 02:32 PM

if we're just talking about a back up center I would take a risk on him for sure. Considering there are almost zero good back up centers in the NBA (much less any good starting centers) I think he's worth the risk. He's got the skill set. He just needs time to adjust to the NBA and to develop.

bigbluedefense
02-12-2011, 06:47 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&id=6115065

I agree with this article. As much as I rather have Chris Paul/Derron Williams, 2 years from now is a long time to wait and there's no guarantee it happens even then.

And a player like Melo doesn't come up on the trade market every year. If the Knicks miss out on Melo bc they thought giving up Fields and/or Gallo in a package wasn't worth it, then that's just further proof that this organization is poorly run.

You can always replace role players with other role players. But you can't replace stars with a bunch of good role players and think it's equal. Look at the Celtics. When they got Garnett and Allen, they basically gave away their whole team to get em.

And what happened? They just replaced those role players with other role players. It's not the end of the world if you lose a Landry Fields in a package for a superstar player. Role players are a dime a dozen.

All I'm saying is, if we miss out on Melo to a different team, I'm going to be pissed.

Isn't it obvious we need another star? Every time we play a good team they mop the floor with us. We need another star player to be legit.

Add Melo, bring in a Center in FA and a backup PG, and we'll be contenders.

Until then, we'll still be pretenders. This team is the 6th seed. While I love the progress we made, being the 6th seed isn't THAT great. It's the friggin 6th seed.

Stat needs help. I hope the Knicks stop dicking around and get Melo already. Enough is enough.

bigbluedefense
02-12-2011, 08:43 AM
In a positive note, I LOVE the Knicks throwback jerseys. They should wear those all the time.

Keep the new white jerseys, and bring back the old blue throwbacks.

Rosebud
02-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Look it'd suck to miss out on Melo, but Melo, Amar'e, Felton and one of Mozgov/Gallo/Fields/Chandler isn't going to win us any rings if we get rid of all of our draft picks since there's more "super-teams" via-ing for those ring chasing role players than there used to be when the Celtics won their ring. I want Melo badly, but we're in a really strong position here which is why I'd hate to see Donnie isiah away our chance at a title just to get too watch Amar'e/Melo/Felton lose int he second round of the playoffs year after year until Amar'e knee finally explodes.

If we can get Melo at just the cost of Chandler, AR and our first rounder in the summer that leaves us with enough young talent to actually pull off a trade/S&T for Paul or Deron to actually become contenders. That's why it's important that we don't crack and give up our future to Denver unless we absolutely have to, which would mean another team with a viable offer that could get Melo to sign with them getting in our way, which I just still don't buy the Lakers or Nets being, Lakers because Bynum's too iffy and expensive without getting them under the LuxTax and the Nets because he won't sign there. It's greedy on my part but we're in a position to be greedy and demand an unfair price, that's the nature of the beast, it's our job to make good on that leverage which I think Donnie's doing which is why I'm one of the knicks fans who's not really all that concerned with all of this Melo talk. I just want the deadline to come and pass so this can all be over and our team can focus again on getting their heads out of their collective asses, I'm look at you AmaRay and Wilson.

Forenci
02-12-2011, 01:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&id=6115065

I agree with this article. As much as I rather have Chris Paul/Derron Williams, 2 years from now is a long time to wait and there's no guarantee it happens even then.

And a player like Melo doesn't come up on the trade market every year. If the Knicks miss out on Melo bc they thought giving up Fields and/or Gallo in a package wasn't worth it, then that's just further proof that this organization is poorly run.

You can always replace role players with other role players. But you can't replace stars with a bunch of good role players and think it's equal. Look at the Celtics. When they got Garnett and Allen, they basically gave away their whole team to get em.

And what happened? They just replaced those role players with other role players. It's not the end of the world if you lose a Landry Fields in a package for a superstar player. Role players are a dime a dozen.

All I'm saying is, if we miss out on Melo to a different team, I'm going to be pissed.

Isn't it obvious we need another star? Every time we play a good team they mop the floor with us. We need another star player to be legit.

Add Melo, bring in a Center in FA and a backup PG, and we'll be contenders.

Until then, we'll still be pretenders. This team is the 6th seed. While I love the progress we made, being the 6th seed isn't THAT great. It's the friggin 6th seed.

Stat needs help. I hope the Knicks stop dicking around and get Melo already. Enough is enough.

I disagree. I'd rather have Williams or Paul times infinity over Melo. They are so much better as players and not only can they score at a high level, but they make their entire team superior. I mean look what they've done with a real lack of talent for several years now. Imagine if you stick them on a team with some really talented players like Amar'e, Chandler, Gallo, Fields, etc. I can only imagine the numbers they'd put up in D'Antoni's system, too.

If we're going to trade Wilson, Gallo, or Fields (or in some combination) I'd much rather it be for one of those two PGs. I think we all jumped on the Felton bandwagon too early. He's not a great player. Personally, I like him more as a back up, but with his contract it doesn't make sense to keep him as one.

Rosebud
02-12-2011, 01:28 PM
I'd love CP or Deron but I agree that if we can get Melo on the cheap now we need to pull the trigger. Worst comes to worst we then use Melo in a trade for Deron or Paul, although my dream scenario would be gettin Ricky Rubio to backup Felts for a little while before ultimately letting felton fall in the Barbosa role as a scoring point off of the bench. But that's just a pipedream...

bigbluedefense
02-12-2011, 01:30 PM
What makes you think we are title contenders with the current nucleus? We're not even close.

Like I said, losing role players isn't the end of the world, you can always find new role players.

I'm all for getting him for cheap. My main point is if the current deal is not good enough and all that's missing is giving up a Landry Fields in the package to make it happen, then ****, you make it happen.

Landry Fields should in no way be a deal breaker for a Melo trade. Nor should Gallo quite honestly. His contract is up in 2 years I believe, and if we get Melo + a credible center, we probably won't be able to afford Gallo long term anyway.

I like our complimentary players, but none of them are that good to me that they can't be included in any trade talk. If they were that good, we'd have a better record. We're falling for the trap of overrated our own players. No one is head over heels in love with anyone from our roster. League GMs have made that pretty clear.

bigbluedefense
02-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I disagree. I'd rather have Williams or Paul times infinity over Melo. They are so much better as players and not only can they score at a high level, but they make their entire team superior. I mean look what they've done with a real lack of talent for several years now. Imagine if you stick them on a team with some really talented players like Amar'e, Chandler, Gallo, Fields, etc. I can only imagine the numbers they'd put up in D'Antoni's system, too.

If we're going to trade Wilson, Gallo, or Fields (or in some combination) I'd much rather it be for one of those two PGs. I think we all jumped on the Felton bandwagon too early. He's not a great player. Personally, I like him more as a back up, but with his contract it doesn't make sense to keep him as one.

I absolutely agree with you. I rather have CP3 or Derron over Melo.

Here's the thing though, we have NO idea if they will even want to come here. Whereas Melo, we know we can get him.

I don't want us to wait 2 years, only to get the same song and dance that Lebron gave us. And Amare is already rocking the knee pads, do we really want to waste 2 more years of his prime waiting for CP3 and Derron?

That's why I want Melo now. 2 years is a long long time.

Forenci
02-12-2011, 01:37 PM
What makes you think we are title contenders with the current nucleus? We're not even close.

Like I said, losing role players isn't the end of the world, you can always find new role players.

I'm all for getting him for cheap. My main point is if the current deal is not good enough and all that's missing is giving up a Landry Fields in the package to make it happen, then ****, you make it happen.

Landry Fields should in no way be a deal breaker for a Melo trade. Nor should Gallo quite honestly. His contract is up in 2 years I believe, and if we get Melo + a credible center, we probably won't be able to afford Gallo long term anyway.

I like our complimentary players, but none of them are that good to me that they can't be included in any trade talk. If they were that good, we'd have a better record. We're falling for the trap of overrated our own players. No one is head over heels in love with anyone from our roster. League GMs have made that pretty clear.

Based on what exactly? That sounds like total speculation. Every move Donnie Walsh has made so far has pretty much been gold. I trust him to make the right moves. He's said all along his plan is to bring in a couple stars. I highly doubt he'd let anyone like Chandler, Gallo or Fields come between getting Melo.

Even as much as some of us may dislike D'Antoni, Walsh bringing him in as the coach was brilliant. His system allowed us to ship off guys that may not have had value otherwise. Also likely had a huge hand in getting Amar'e here, even with their speculated disagreement between each other. Even if we fire him at some point it was the correct move.

bigbluedefense
02-12-2011, 02:02 PM
I just want Melo :(

Rosebud
02-13-2011, 09:58 AM

Here's the thing though, why should we give up one of those two unless we have to? Sure if it was Melo and no Fields or no-Melo and Fields I'm going with the former, but if we can wait til the summer and get Melo while only losing Chandler and AR, then why would we give up CHandler, AR, Fields and Gallo? It's not I think Gallo >>>>> Melo, or that Fields >>>> Melo, it's simple that Gallo, Fields and Melo >>>>>>>>>> Melo.

Plus our record's pretty good for a team that started the year with 10 new faces, the 4th youngest roster in the league, a first team franchise player and a first time co-captain. Mix in some injuries and our record is pretty damn awesome since we're the only other team other than OKC that has an average age under 26 but is still on pace for the playoffs. Sure our guys aren't super stars yet, but they're still super ******* young so streaky play is to be expected, especially given how much we really on some of those super young players. Sure a lot of guys in the NBA never get better, but those guys are usually busts, the guys we have have shown they'll put in work to get better, even AR was able to not be completely useless in that Detroit game a week or two ago.

If we can get Melo now we should do it, but my dream scenario is letting this young team make a playoff run together this year and over the summer bringing in Melo to a more experienced team so that next year we can make a deep playoff run.

OSUGiants17
02-13-2011, 10:42 AM
trade for CP3, then sign Melo <3 my dream

bigbluedefense
02-13-2011, 03:36 PM
That would be my dream too.

I'm really hoping Mozgov develops more. He has a lot of work to do, but he's improving and the guy seems to be a high effort guy. You would like to think he's going to improve with time.

Gallo is in a slump. His shot is just off lately. He'll get it back, it happens. Douglass had no assists yesterday. We need a backup PG so bad.

bigbluedefense
02-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I think it would be wise for the Knicks to just rest Amare for a couple of games. He needs some rest, that body can't take that much punishment.

We're locked into the 6th seed anyway. I can't imagine us moving up or down by the end of the season. We just have to maintain, and focus on getting guys fresh for the playoffs.

Rosebud
02-14-2011, 03:34 PM
I think it would be wise for the Knicks to just rest Amare for a couple of games. He needs some rest, that body can't take that much punishment.

We're locked into the 6th seed anyway. I can't imagine us moving up or down by the end of the season. We just have to maintain, and focus on getting guys fresh for the playoffs.

I dunno, I think we just need to get to the trade deadline so that we can either start adapting to Melo or all of our youngsters can stop worrying about getting traded for Melo. Once we're passed the deadline I expect us to go on a bit of a roll once everyone's realized their still here. I kinda think we should try and keep Amar'e involved until we start that run and then give him some games off. Although I also think what you're saying makes sense, just use the all star break as an extended recovery period for stat in preparation of making that run.

Damix
02-14-2011, 06:26 PM

A few days old BBD but I just wanted to comment, as seen by Boston and the Heat (this year) those veteran role players will flock to these star studded teams as well.

And they will play for the minimum for one last chance.

bigbluedefense
02-14-2011, 06:28 PM
A few days old BBD but I just wanted to comment, as seen by Boston and the Heat (this year) those veteran role players will flock to these star studded teams as well.

And they will play for the minimum for one last chance.

That's why I'm not going to lose any sleep if we give up more role players than we'd like for Melo.

Seriously. Who cares. We're gonna miss out on Melo bc we like Gallo and Fields? Come on.

Of course, it's been stated plenty of times that we just need to stay firm and play cool and we'll probably get him for cheap, but if we lose out on him completely bc we were firm about keeping Gallo and Fields I will be very disappointed.

Forenci
02-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Eh, the only real valuable piece that got traded in that Boston deal was Al Jefferson, and even he has some major flaws as a player.

The rest were all pretty much all scrubs/cap relief and not really comparable to the Knicks trading away Fields/Gallo/Chandler.

Rosebud
02-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Eh, the only real valuable piece that got traded in that Boston deal was Al Jefferson, and even he has some major flaws as a player.

The rest were all pretty much all scrubs/cap relief and not really comparable to the Knicks trading away Fields/Gallo/Chandler.

Yeah, the next best player they traded where the pick that netted Jeff Green and Gerald Green, that's like us giving up AR and Bill Walker on top of Wilson Chandler (AlJeff) for both Allen and Garnett.

Plus on the ring chasers point there's more superteams now than when Boston came together. We'll be competing with Boston, Miami, Orlando, Dallas, LAL and OKC for those ring chasers.

bigbluedefense
02-15-2011, 10:07 AM
I think we're overrating our own players. I love Landry Fields, every team needs a Landry Fields, but he's in all likelihood going to be nothing more than a very good role player.

Gallo is a solid #3 option. Good player, never will be a great one. Again, it's not the end of the world if you lose a guy like that in a package for a great player.

Role players are role players. They're easy to replace.

Having that said, I'm feeling confident we get a trade done after the all star break, and I think Donnie is going to get a good deal done. I don't think we lose all our pieces for Melo.

We may give up 1 extra piece just to get it done, but let's say that piece is Fields for example, do any of us really care if we lose him along with Chandler plus the cap relief and Randolph to get Melo?

Bc I sure as hell don't. And I love Fields too. He's probably my 2nd favorite player on the team behind Stat.

Forenci
02-15-2011, 11:05 AM
I think we're overrating our own players. I love Landry Fields, every team needs a Landry Fields, but he's in all likelihood going to be nothing more than a very good role player.

Gallo is a solid #3 option. Good player, never will be a great one. Again, it's not the end of the world if you lose a guy like that in a package for a great player.

Role players are role players. They're easy to replace.

Having that said, I'm feeling confident we get a trade done after the all star break, and I think Donnie is going to get a good deal done. I don't think we lose all our pieces for Melo.

We may give up 1 extra piece just to get it done, but let's say that piece is Fields for example, do any of us really care if we lose him along with Chandler plus the cap relief and Randolph to get Melo?

Bc I sure as hell don't. And I love Fields too. He's probably my 2nd favorite player on the team behind Stat.

I think Gallo can be a great #3 option. The way he shoots at the FT line, his ability to pass off the dribble, and his outside shooting ability is the perfect compliment to two really good players.

Supposedly the Nuggets want a TON for Melo. Gallo, Felton, Fields, and possibly Chandler too for Melo and Billups. I don't care what Melo brings to the table. He's not worth giving up all our young pieces. If the Nuggets are going to be pricks and demand the house I say we take our chances in the off-season. If it doesn't work out lets go hard after CP3 or Deron Williams instead.

bigbluedefense
02-15-2011, 11:09 AM
There's no way they get all of that. This is a classic case of posturing on both sides. We're lowballing the hell out of them, they're demanding a king's ransom, and realistically, something in the middle gets agreed upon.

Probably skewed more towards our offer than their demands.

I'm intrigued by the thought of getting Billups and Melo if we put Felton in part of the package.

What's your thoughts on that? I don't know how I feel about it. Billups is pretty good, but he's getting old.

He's Mr. Big Shot though, which will be huge in the playoffs when teams crash Stat and Melo in crunch time.

bigbluedefense
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Here's a thought. What if we throw in Felton and Gallo in the trade, to get back Melo, Billups, and Nene?

Then our lineup would be:

C: Nene
PF: Stat
PG: Billups

Thoughts? Our 3 scoring threats would revolve around Melo, Stat and Billups. Nene and Fields would be the role players who do the dirty work.

They get Chandler, Gallo, cap relief, we'll throw in Mozgov for shits and giggles.

LTgiants
02-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Here's a thought. What if we throw in Felton and Gallo in the trade, to get back Melo, Billups, and Nene?

Then our lineup would be:

C: Nene
PF: Stat
PG: Billups

Thoughts? Our 3 scoring threats would revolve around Melo, Stat and Billups. Nene and Fields would be the role players who do the dirty work.

They get Chandler, Gallo, cap relief, we'll throw in Mozgov for shits and giggles.

I doubt they are going to trade Melo and Nene let alone trade them both in the same deal.

bigbluedefense
02-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah, wishful thinking on my part.