PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 Raiders vs Chargers

RaiderNation
11-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Tom Cable sure loves to be physical lol

11-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I heard Chucky would be willing to return. Bring him back!!!

RaiderNation
11-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Ya so did I. Id love for that to happen. Jeff Garcia would probably come back lol

11-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Ya so did I. Id love for that to happen. Jeff Garcia would probably come back lol

Yeah, it would be interesting to see how he would handle the situation with JaMarcus. Gruden is not a patient guy when it comes to young QBs so Garcia would be a very likely option for him. I'm hoping we could do a little better than that though. Getting Chucky then drafting one of Clausen or Locker to play in the WCO would be a dream. I can only wish lol.

Stash
11-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I would be in love with any coach who came in and found a way to get rid of Russell.

RaiderNation
11-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Prediction

27-13 Chargers

RaiderNation
11-01-2009, 03:11 PM
And thats why I drafted Jimmy Clausen in the forum mock lol

bernbabybern820
11-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Jimmy Clausen will be the first pick taken so i doubt we are lucky enough to nab him.

Stash
11-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Lol, nice pass JR.

RaiderNation
11-01-2009, 03:23 PM
I seriously think I can go out there at 6'1 170lbs and play better than Russell

bernbabybern820
11-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Well it's pretty obvious that the post corner route by Miller is the only pass that they complete. All they have to do is sit on that route.

bernbabybern820
11-01-2009, 03:45 PM
heyyy, oakland has found out how to at least stay competitive in games. don't let russell throw the ball.

. .

Stash
11-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Might wanna cover that guy......

NIN1984
11-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Raiders are playing really hard in this game. Seriously if we had a decent QB we would be so much better.

just decent, someone who can complete a few passes.

bernbabybern820
11-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Raiders are playing really hard in this game. Seriously if we had a decent QB we would be so much better.

just decent, someone who can complete a few passes.

To be fair to Russell in this game, he hasn't missed any open throws this game. All his incompletions have been with receivers who can't get open.

bernbabybern820
11-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Bah i think we should have gone for it. We may not get to that position again.

SwagU
11-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I think really our offense as a whole cant get in sync. Russell is pretty bad and his biggest problem is his mechanics, but honestly lets cut him a bit of a break his receivers cant really get open, Murphy and DHB struggle to get seperation, he needs Chaz back. But credit to our D they keep us in the game with there constant heart.

bernbabybern820
11-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Ehhh im not that pissed about this game. We had our chances and were missing many of our key players. Russell wasn't horrendous. I'm curious what difference Chaz can make after the buy with Gallery and McFadden coming back as well.

Go Raiders?

Xonraider
11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
how awesome is my sig?

NIN1984
11-01-2009, 06:48 PM
when Murphy and Higgins ran into each other i felt a little bad for JaMarcus, this offense is a joke.

Stash
11-01-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm glad that the team actually showed up for this one. When they play hard they can actually compete and it makes the game watchable. If we had a QB we might be able to do something.

11-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Offensively the biggest issue in yesterday's game for us was pass protection. I'd attribute some of that to the lack of mobility at the QB position coupled with Russell holding the ball too long because receivers were not finding very much separation, which was to be expected against a top 10 pass D. Injuries played a factor in that too and I'm glad we finally get our best offensive lineman back following the bye. I would go as far as saying Gallery is one of our best players overall, period.

Cable did not call nearly as many shotgun plays as I had hoped not only to give Russell more time, but to help him see the field better. With young inexperienced QBs like Russell (and Barkley of USC, for example) it is usually productive to give them an abundance of safe, receiving options in the pass game at the TE, RB and FB positions. I was glad to see Brandon Myers get some action, however Gary Russell did not make much of an impact probably because he was losing PT to Luke Lawton in key situations. It did not appear that we had a FB on the field on a good amount of passing plays and the times he was out there it was for pass protection purposes.

Defensively it was nowhere near our best effort this season. Asomugha should have been locking down Jackson all game and instead was used to cover the Chargers’ decoys. The entire defensive playcalling yesterday was shaky as evidenced through Jackson’s redzone TD where he was left uncovered leaving Raiders defenders bickering at each other when I’m not totally sure it was either of their faults and probably something Marshall missed when calling the plays in the booth. The lack of a pass rush was at times disturbing as we resorted back to our typical pass rush with a four-man front awakening terrible memories of the Rob Ryan defenses of the past decade. The funny thing is last year Cable blamed Ryan for our defensive problems, yet the situation is not too far off from where it was before as the results are quite identical.

I could not be any happier to see a bye. Unfortunately, things do not look like they are going to improve anytime soon, especially after I saw this:

"I did a pretty good job," Russell said after the game. "When it all boils down to it, you had a chance at the end to try and win. Didn't do too much damage with the interception. No matter what happened, I think we came out and fought despite the score and just kept pushing and just came out short in the end."

Did you miss the TD the Chargers scored two plays after YOUR INT??????

Can you complete more than just two passes to receivers?????????????

Geez.

NIN1984
11-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Whats crazy is when we took Russell I thought it was the right pick. We had Lane Kiffin, who I was excited about. We drafted Zach Miller, Mario Henderson, Michael Bush the next year we get Darren McFadden. I honestly thought we were on the right track...

so disappointing

Stash
11-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Defensively it was nowhere near our best effort this season. Asomugha should have been locking down Jackson all game and instead was used to cover the Chargersí decoys.
That part shouldn't have been surprising. We usually keep Aso on one side of the field, I don't recall the Raiders moving him around based on matchups at all in the past.

bernbabybern820
11-03-2009, 10:16 AM
That part shouldn't have been surprising. We usually keep Aso on one side of the field, I don't recall the Raiders moving him around based on matchups at all in the past.

They do it when they know that no other receiver has the ability to beat them.

IE: Aso covering Tony Gonzalez

RaiderNation
11-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Who would you rather have a DT Brice Price or Terrence Cody?

bernbabybern820
11-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Who would you rather have a DT Brice Price or Terrence Cody?

I would have no problem with Cody if our run defense was our only problem but we also need a pass rush and Cody doesn't really supply that for a high number 1 pick.

Stash
11-03-2009, 09:32 PM
They do it when they know that no other receiver has the ability to beat them.

IE: Aso covering Tony Gonzalez
That's the only time I recall them doing that so nobody should have been surprised when the Raiders didn't move him around this past week.