PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 ... Super Bowl

Dix-n-Cider
11-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Which AFC & NFC team do you see making it to the Super Bowl :confused:

P.S. Help My Reputation

vidae
11-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Uh, kind of early to call this, but I'll go Colts and Saints!

Crickett
11-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm going Colts and Saints too.

Flyboy
11-01-2009, 06:41 PM
No Saints In Super Bowl Imo

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Ravens vs Saints :)

Gay Ork Wang
11-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Bears over Cleveland

BlindSite
11-01-2009, 06:50 PM
St louis cleveland, clearly

Thumper
11-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Eagles v. Steelers :D

Don't knock it, they were down and out and both are back on the rise and both teams have had great success this decade, have a nice mix of veteran and young players and I think they're built for the long haul. I think the Saints will start to collapse towards the end of the season, don't know why but I don't think they can keep this rapid pace and offensive teams usually don't make it far in the playoffs and their defense can be beaten.

EDIT: And remember that the Saints beat the Eagles when they didn't have McNabb playing and even still the Eagles had a close game for the first half until they fell behind and Kolb just started slinging it recklessly while trying to do too much.

tjsunstein
11-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Patriots vs. Vikings

Vikes99ej
11-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Vikings vs. Vikings.

Auron
11-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Way too early for me to make a prediction maybe By Week 14 or so there will be a clearer picture...

it's not always the teams that start the hottest (although they do set themselves up in good position) but the teams who can get hot, and play their best football late in Nov, into December that are the most dangerous come Playoff time.

MarioPalmer
11-01-2009, 07:00 PM
The Youngs win the championship, mark it down, MarioPalmer said it first, Young just wins, and because he just wins the Tennesse Young's will win the Super Bowl.

Crickett
11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
The Youngs win the championship, mark it down, MarioPalmer said it first, Young just wins, and because he just wins the Tennesse Young's will win the Super Bowl.

The Tennessee Young's? Not the Fightin' Jeff Fishas?

The Unseen
11-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Patriots vs. Saints

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Texans - Falcons

Brodeur
11-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Nice username. Also, Lions vs some AFC team sounds great to me.

BlindSite
11-01-2009, 07:45 PM
If Schaub continues this pace he'll end up with 32 TDs and 4600 yards ahead of every other passer in the NFL. he got my probowl vote.

Shane P. Hallam
11-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Looking at the teams, where they may get hot, and who could do it.

AFC Contenders:
-Patriots
-Steelers
-Bengals
-Ravens
-Colts
-Texans
-Broncos

I'm going to toss the Bengals out just due to pedigree and consistency. I'll toss out Broncos due to their offense not being explosive enough to handle it. I'll toss out the Texans, though if there is a team whose defense could step it up and contend, it is them. I'm going to toss out the Steelers. With Aaron Smith out, I don't see the defense getting hot. I do like the Colts, looking great, but I feel like these injuries may catch up with them when all i said and done. That leaves the Patriots, who surprisingly are 7th against the pass and 6th against the run. They could get hot on offense obviously, and their defense has played well, and could definitely keep improving. As much as I hate the Ravens, I am very impressed with Rice, Mason, Flacco, and their O-line. The Ravens seem like the type of team that can get hot, their defense could steadily improve and they have big games late in the year that could give them momentum and confidence. They could sneak into a Wild Card, and dominate in the playoffs. My big question is how Flacco will face adversity. I'll go out on the limb and take the Ravens here.

NFC Contenders:
-Vikings
-Eagles
-Giants
-Cowboys
-Cardinals
-Falcons
-Saints
-Packers

I'm going to toss out a few teams based on consistency. Cowboys, Falcons, and Packers out. Could they get hot? Yes. I do believe they have exploitable pieces that simply can't improve enough to not get crushed by good teams. Giants out. I think we saw the real deal for them. Eli can't have a 2nd half dip, and he will. Just not going to get hot enough to win it. I like the Cardinals, I do, their defense seems improved (even after today,) but I don't think Warner can get to a Super Bowl again. We saw him today, and with no real running game (though they did it last year,) don't see it happening again. That leaves the Saints (my preseason pick to win it all,) and the Eagles. I like them both. If the Eagles get healthy and get going, no one can beat them. I do think it says something how poor they have been in playoff games when it counts. The Saints just aren't moving me. They do remind me a bit of the old Rams. But I don't think the defense can continue this pace of using turnovers to stop teams. Top 8 rushing defense, but they have given up 8 rushing TDs already. I keep thinking, "Darren Sharper can't keep doing this." But he has. What if that lull for him/the secondary is in the playoffs? And Colston is due for an injury. If there is a team that can fall off fast a la the Panthers last year, it is the Saints (though they would do it in a much different way). Then we have the Vikings. Favre looks good, but can he hold up over 16 games and the playoffs? I really don't think so. I do think the defense can rise leaps and bounds and get hot when Winfield comes back. They have the best runner in the game, good O-line, great D-Line and LBs. I think the Vikings are most likely to crumple late. I think the Eagles are most likely to get hot late. I think the Saints could dip very soon, then get hot again late. I'll stick with the Saints I guess.

So, Ravens vs. Saints.

Malaka
11-01-2009, 08:27 PM
You forgot about the Colts in your AFC explanation... I like them a lot better than the Ravens.

diabsoule
11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Texans vs Cowboys!!! Woo, All Texas Super Bowl

Michigan
11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
I'll go for the all-purple bowl. Ravens-Vikings.

Rosebud
11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Colts or Steelers vs the giants...make that the saints. I don't trust Childress or the eagles.

Bucs_Rule
11-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Saints over Colts.

It is really early, last year at this time Giants/Titans were strongest and they combined for 0-2 in the Playoffs.

P-L
11-01-2009, 09:22 PM
I'll say Vikings vs Patriots.

the decider13
11-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm gonna go with Vikings vs Colts...just have a gut feeling.

TACKLE
11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
My preseason pick was Saint vs. Pats so I'll stick with that.

The Unseen
11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
My preseason pick was Saint vs. Pats so I'll stick with that.

Yay someone agrees with me.

Tom Brady vs. Drew Brees will rape the air above them

Shiver
11-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I give Minnesota the edge over New Orleans at this point. I think the Saints have yet to be tested. (that Giants win doesn't look all that great now does it?) The Vikings are the most balanced team in the league, with outstanding players in all areas.

As for the AFC, I think it will be between the Colts and Patriots, what's new? I can't really say right now.

Bengalsrocket
11-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Bengals over Saints. Drew Brees sets a Super Bowl record of 9 TD's right before Palmer breaks it with 2 TD's in the final 2 minutes for a total of 10 TD's.

That's my predicition.

Saints-Tigers
11-02-2009, 01:31 AM
I give Minnesota the edge over New Orleans at this point. I think the Saints have yet to be tested. (that Giants win doesn't look all that great now does it?) The Vikings are the most balanced team in the league, with outstanding players in all areas.

As for the AFC, I think it will be between the Colts and Patriots, what's new? I can't really say right now.

Every time we dismantle someone, the win no longer looks impressive.

vikes_28
11-02-2009, 01:55 AM
I think you guys are seriously overestimating the Vikings. They do not finish games. Sure they are 7-1, but I have a feeling that they will lose in the divisional round in the playoffs. My brother yelled at me during the game vs. the packers cause I was telling everyone not to hold their breath when they took a nice lead, the Pack almost came back. If you are thinking the Vikings win the SuperBowl, you are crazy. They need to learn how to finish games before they win the SuperBowl.

IMO Eagles over the Colts 33-30

LizardState
11-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Ravens almost got there last yr, so I'll say Ravens. Indy Colts look like the obvious AFC choice but they choke in the playoffs to teams that beat them up physically, so I'm sticking with B-more.

And the Saints will get there in the NFC is they remain relatively injury-free, but they replaced their fullback last wk. Brees looks more like an MVP every game

Sniper
11-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Brett Favre vs. Adrian Peterson.

A Perfect Score
11-02-2009, 11:15 AM
As much as I want to say the Ravens, if we met the Colts in the playoffs, I think we would get torched. Unless our pass defense improves tremendously between now and January, I really cant see us going far into the playoffs. I do agree that if we get hot right around the playoffs, we finally have an offense that can keep us in games, but we absolutely must get better against the pass.

I do know one thing: The Pats are not a team I would want to play come January. They were a bit out of sync early in the season, but there is no QB Id rather have come playoff time then Tom Brady, and their defense has been lights out recently. I can definitely see them making the SB.

NFC is a crapshoot IMO. I really like the Falcons to be honest, but they are too streaky for me to pick them to win the NFC. Also, dare I say, Cowboys have looked really good recently, and that triple headed running game could be nice late in the year, as long as Romo doesnt **** it up again.

ChiBear
11-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I'll still stick with the Patriots, and although I picked the Giants at the beginning of the season and was fairly confident with them in the first few weeks, I'll have to say the Saints based on the Giants' last few games.

killxswitch
11-02-2009, 02:14 PM
If Schaub continues this pace he'll end up with 32 TDs and 4600 yards ahead of every other passer in the NFL. he got my probowl vote.

That is impressive, but WTF does that have to do with this discussion?

edit: on topic, I think it'll be Colts vs. Saints. I am not original.

Shiver
11-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Every time we dismantle someone, the win no longer looks impressive.

Have you seen the Giants lately?! They got crushed by Philly and beaten soundly by the Cardinals at home.

Hawk
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Vikings vs. Vikings.

Brett Favre vs Brett Favre?!?!

My head just imploded.

princefielder28
11-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Vikings vs Steelers

Go_Eagles77
11-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Have you seen the Giants lately?! They got crushed by Philly and beaten soundly by the Cardinals at home.
They beat the eagles quite handily as well. The eagles are possibly the biggest enigma in the league though.

skinzzfan25
11-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Pats over Saints

Thumper
11-02-2009, 02:29 PM
They beat the eagles quite handily as well. The eagles are possibly the biggest enigma in the league though.

It should also be noted that when NO played the Eagles the Eagles were missing Todd Herramens and Donovan McNabb. The Eagles also had Jeremy Maclin starting his first game that day, Omar Gaither was hurt, the Eagles didn't have Will Witherspoon and Macho Harris was starting.

Move a month into the future and now Will Witherspoon is a big time MLB for the Eagles defense, the veteran Sean Jones is now the starter at FS, Todd Herramens is back and that allows Nick Cole to move back to RG where he belongs, Jeremy Maclin has progressed immensely since that game and most importantly the Eagles have Donovan McNabb back.

That game was close for an entire half and then Kolb just came out guns blazing like Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman and just started slinging stuff recklessly. The turning point in that game was the pick 6 by Kolb and that will not happen with the McNabb at QB who is the least intercepted QB in NFL history who has only one interception on the year and that was on a great play by Jon Beason. Those momentum killing interceptions will not be there when McNabb is in the game.

I think the Eagles can beat the Saints when they're healthy and at full strength. Those big runs up the gut won't be there with Witherspoon in the middle (Gaither was hurt) and with Sean Jones in the back of the defense (who just took over the starting FS spot and is fantastic in run defense). And IDK if anyone noticed how much better the Eagles offensive line got when Todd Herramens came back.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-02-2009, 03:14 PM
It should also be noted that when NO played the Eagles the Eagles were missing Todd Herramens and Donovan McNabb. The Eagles also had Jeremy Maclin starting his first game that day, Omar Gaither was hurt, the Eagles didn't have Will Witherspoon and Macho Harris was starting.

Move a month into the future and now Will Witherspoon is a big time MLB for the Eagles defense, the veteran Sean Jones is now the starter at FS, Todd Herramens is back and that allows Nick Cole to move back to RG where he belongs, Jeremy Maclin has progressed immensely since that game and most importantly the Eagles have Donovan McNabb back.

That game was close for an entire half and then Kolb just came out guns blazing like Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman and just started slinging stuff recklessly. The turning point in that game was the pick 6 by Kolb and that will not happen with the McNabb at QB who is the least intercepted QB in NFL history who has only one interception on the year and that was on a great play by Jon Beason. Those momentum killing interceptions will not be there when McNabb is in the game.

I think the Eagles can beat the Saints when they're healthy and at full strength. Those big runs up the gut won't be there with Witherspoon in the middle (Gaither was hurt) and with Sean Jones in the back of the defense (who just took over the starting FS spot and is fantastic in run defense). And IDK if anyone noticed how much better the Eagles offensive line got when Todd Herramens came back.

Well to bad this isn't madden and you can't turn injuries off. It is part of the game. Could the Eagles beat the Saints healthy? I am sure they could but they weren't. Ifs don't go to far in football.

Thumper
11-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Well to bad this isn't madden and you can't turn injuries off. It is part of the game. Could the Eagles beat the Saints healthy? I am sure they could but they weren't. Ifs don't go to far in football.

No doubt, injuries are a part of the game. But all I'm saying is that people are giving them a little bit too much credit for beating the Eagles and that if they meet in the future (like the NFC Championship game) it would be very wrong to assume the game would play out in a similar fashion.

Auron
11-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I think the Eagles could beat us... if they remain healthy providing we get a rematch. Then again I think it's very possible the Falcons beat us tonight despite being heavy favorites. These next 2 Division games will tell us a lot about what kind of team the Saints are... yes they've had impressive victories over NFC, and AFC East teams but the real test comes within the Division, against Atlanta a team that is building up to be contenders for the long haul in the South, and a Carolina team that is built to beat us.