PDA

View Full Version : Best Defense ...

Bucs-4-Lyfe
11-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Which Team Has The Best ''D'' In The League Right Now ?

Dix-n-Cider
11-02-2009, 06:06 PM
I have to say the Pittsburgh Steelers did you see how they shut Adrian Peterson down ??

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Ah yes, the old make a new account, make a topic and then reply with your original account trick.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Ah yes, the old make a new account, make a topic and then reply with your original account trick.

lmaoo, I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw this. haha.

Jvig43
11-02-2009, 06:54 PM
I lol'd at this. I dont think Pitts has the best D at all right now.

BlindSite
11-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Arizona clearly has the best run D LOL.

On a serious note, Carolina's pass defense deserves some kind of praise. Number 1 overall, and yes while they're the least passed against defense in the NFL, look at what they did to warner and the Cards receivers yesterday.

The Jets defense is pretty close overall, close in yardage, but they only allow something like 26% of passes for first downs, good enough for best in the league. Denver, Washington, Indy also allow very few touchdowns and seem hard to beat.

The Skins have quietly been something of a defensive force for a long time. Shame about their offense.

MiWolves
11-02-2009, 07:19 PM
The Broncos outside of the last game..

iBoldin
11-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Arizona clearly has the best run D LOL.

On a serious note, Carolina's pass defense deserves some kind of praise. Number 1 overall, and yes while they're the least passed against defense in the NFL, look at what they did to warner and the Cards receivers yesterday.

The Jets defense is pretty close overall, close in yardage, but they only allow something like 26% of passes for first downs, good enough for best in the league. Denver, Washington, Indy also allow very few touchdowns and seem hard to beat.

The Skins have quietly been something of a defensive force for a long time. Shame about their offense.

Other then that game, they have. The unit has stopped every other running back except for yesterday. Don't jizz yourself after one great performance against an otherwise borderline elite run defensive unit.

Shiver
11-02-2009, 07:39 PM
This has been a down year for defenses. I haven't been overtly impressed with any unit throughout the year. There is no elite defense.

MasterShake
11-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't think SF is the best, but they did a really good job against Peyton Manning this week.

SF has a good unit, top 10 in the league probably, but currently they are too inconsistent to really be a top top defense.

yo123
11-02-2009, 07:49 PM
The Vikings have the best defense in the league....for the first 3 quarters.

vidae
11-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I Personally Love It When People Talk Like This. It Makes Every Word Stand Out And Thus Make More Sense.

brat316
11-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Steelers, but nah they are okay.

Vikings have a pretty good defense.

bored of education
11-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Any defense with Jared Allen.

CC.SD
11-02-2009, 09:23 PM
a good offense, obviously.

BlindSite
11-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Other then that game, they have. The unit has stopped every other running back except for yesterday. Don't jizz yourself after one great performance against an otherwise borderline elite run defensive unit.

Never mind champ, maybe next time you'll be able to beat a team with no quarterback that's essentially running on every down. It's not every day your quarterback will look lost, won't be able to stop throwing picks and your defense will be absolutely dominated at the point of attack. No need for tears.

steel man
11-02-2009, 11:33 PM
call me a homer but i have to say the Steelers

wicket
11-03-2009, 01:56 AM
a good offense, obviously.

so the saints have the best D? ;)

but seriously there is not a dominating D like there was in years past imo

vikes_28
11-03-2009, 02:08 AM
I think the guy that made this thread was the same one who talked about healthy hearts last night. LOL.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-03-2009, 07:13 AM
It's between the Steelers and Vikings. I think by the end of the season, Pittsburgh will finish #1.

21ST
11-03-2009, 07:20 AM
if the redskins played offense they would probly have the best defense

UKfan
11-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Pretty sure I read that the Colts D is the best scoring defense in the NFL recently, though unfortunately I can't find the link now.

I wouldn't argue they are the best defense due to the interior run D, but I think they are a good unit, Tim Jennings aside.

Job
11-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I Personally Love It When People Talk Like This. It Makes Every Word Stand Out And Thus Make More Sense.

I can't help but picture a talking robot whenever people write that way.

tjsunstein
11-03-2009, 07:57 PM
There's no hands down best in the league right now in my opinion but aside from who has been mentioned, I have to throw out the Jets as an honorable mention.

Job
11-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I'd probably say the Redskins, which is a testament to how terrible their offense is.

SenorGato
11-03-2009, 10:16 PM
I really like both the Vikings and Steelers D.

But yea, homer in me thinks the Jets D will make more noise in due time (which would be after this bye week).

iBoldin
11-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Never mind champ, maybe next time you'll be able to beat a team with no quarterback that's essentially running on every down. It's not every day your quarterback will look lost, won't be able to stop throwing picks and your defense will be absolutely dominated at the point of attack. No need for tears.

lol. I don't see any tears here either.

Warner had a role reversal of Delhomme. Cool, we get it. The best thing? Warner did it in Week 8, Delhomme did it in the Playoffs. I guess it speaks volumes about your team, salvage an emotional victory before you give San Francisco a top-ten pick.

And no, it isn't everyday Warner looks like that. You should know that after the butthole plunging the Cards gave Carolina last year.

Shiver
11-04-2009, 12:31 AM
"Butthole plunging"? Stay classy.