PDA

View Full Version : Who is the dirtiest player in the league?

Splat
11-03-2009, 02:00 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/03/ward-porter-haynesworth-called-nfls-dirtiest/

A Sports Illustrated poll of NFL players has found that Hines Ward is considered by his colleagues to be the dirtiest player in the league, with Albert Haynesworth and Joey Porter tied for second.

The question, "Who is the dirtiest player in the league?'' was asked of 296 players during training camp this summer, and Ward, the Steelers' wide receiver, got 11.6 percent of the vote (http://pgplus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php?/200911032407/sports/ed-bouchette/si-poll-ward-dirtiest-player-in-nfl/menu-id-155.html), according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Haynesworth, the Redskins defensive tackle who as a Tennessee Titan in 2006 received a five-game suspension for stepping on the helmetless head of Cowboys center Andre Gurode, got 6 percent of the vote. Porter, the Dolphins' linebacker, also got 6 percent.

Rounding out the Top 5 (or should it be Bottom 5?) are Bengals safety Roy Williams, who got 5.1 percent of the vote, and Titans center Kevin Mawae, with 4.6% percent.

Shiver
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
It is definitely Hines Ward. He gets all this credit for blocking, but all he does is blow people up with sucker hits. Just ask Keith Rivers.

Halsey
11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
As this video clearly shows, Ward hit Rivers during play when Rivers was the closest defender to the ball carrier. Yeah, that's so dirty.

OPbraVljIrc

Hines
11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
If a defender put a hit on an offensive player like Hines does to defenders, it would be fine. But since Ward does it, it's dirty because he's an offensive player? I don't get it.

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 02:08 PM
It is definitely Hines Ward. He gets all this credit for blocking, but all he does is blow people up with sucker hits. Just ask Keith Rivers.

yea going helmet to helmet on unsuspecting players, most of the blocks are pointless and doesnt involve the play

wicket
11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
wait a year. eye-gouger will be in the list

stephenson86
11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
right now aaron rogers spends a lot of time in the dirt

HawkeyeFan
11-03-2009, 02:13 PM
http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/richie-incognito-hips.jpg

brat316
11-03-2009, 02:14 PM
I still don't see how a WR blocking a Lb is dirty? And don't say well he wasn't looking, so it makes it dirty.

If Rivers never broke his jaw, nothing would be made of this other than a good block. If Ward gave him a shot to the knees then yeah I would say its dirty. But isn't that wat the league wants now, go low instead of high?

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 02:15 PM
going helmet to helmet on a unsuspecting player is dirty IMO

brat316
11-03-2009, 02:21 PM
going helmet to helmet on a unsuspecting player is dirty IMO

THere was no helmet to helmet contact, it was shoulder to helmet. Ward lowered his shoulder, and Ward's helmet collided with Rivers shoulder pad. How else do you want a WR to block?

Also there are more dirtier players than if you want helmet to helmet, a few safeties in the league just want to do that all day, lead with their head.

Babylon
11-03-2009, 02:24 PM
http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/richie-incognito-hips.jpg

I'n not sure he's the dirtiest but he takes the dumbest penalties that's for sure. Where's Kyle Turley when they need him?

HawkeyeFan
11-03-2009, 02:29 PM
I'n not sure he's the dirtiest but he takes the dumbest penalties that's for sure. Where's Kyle Turley when they need him?
He's been known to be dirty in piles, chop block a lot, poke eyes... you know, the dirty stuff.

FlyingElvis
11-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Also there are more dirtier players than if you want helmet to helmet, a few safeties in the league just want to do that all day, lead with their head.

I concur. With all the BS spewed about protecting the players, I am always baffled by the lack of crackdown on the safeties banging heads with any ballcarrier as he's hitting the ground. Pick a safety: anoint him as dirtiest player.

Rosebud
11-03-2009, 02:36 PM
He's been known to be dirty in piles, chop block a lot, poke eyes... you know, the dirty stuff.

That's not dirty, that's just being a lineman.

BlindSite
11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
I think this list should just be renamed "guys who take the fight to their opposing units harder than anyone in the league" all three of those guys love to hit their opposites, doesn't make them dirty. I for one haven't seen or heard of them spitting or eye gouging or anything.

Gay Ork Wang
11-03-2009, 03:03 PM
right now aaron rogers spends a lot of time in the dirt
i laughed at that very much

vikes_28
11-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Benny Sapp is pretty dirty. I know you all haven't probably ever heard of him, but he makes really dumb decisions after the whistle is blown.

Shahin
11-03-2009, 03:26 PM
I still don't see how a WR blocking a Lb is dirty? And don't say well he wasn't looking, so it makes it dirty.

If Rivers never broke his jaw, nothing would be made of this other than a good block. If Ward gave him a shot to the knees then yeah I would say its dirty. But isn't that wat the league wants now, go low instead of high?

if hadn't have thrown his helmet into said jaw, it probably wouldn't have broken.

Shiver
11-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Vince Wilfork should have gotten a few votes. That guy is always going out of his way to hit some QB in the knee.

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 03:56 PM
THere was no helmet to helmet contact, it was shoulder to helmet. Ward lowered his shoulder, and Ward's helmet collided with Rivers shoulder pad. How else do you want a WR to block?

Watch the tape again, if Wards helmet hit Rivers shoulder pad how would River end up with a broken jaw?

nrk
11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Watch the tape again, if Wards helmet hit Rivers shoulder pad how would River end up with a broken jaw?

He definitely lead with his shoulder, but he had his helmet lowered and the helmets collided. That's what that video looks like to me anyway.

Jvig43
11-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Mark Sanchez.

Vox Populi
11-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Definitely Pat and Paul McQuistan. Oh, like plays dirty? I thought you just mean dirty human beings :p

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/224433/ept_sports_nfl_experts-774453418-1249767238.jpg

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper985/stills/f888y231.jpg

So amazing.

bored of education
11-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Vince Wilfork, without question.

steelernation77
11-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Benny Sapp is pretty dirty. I know you all haven't probably ever heard of him, but he makes really dumb decisions after the whistle is blown.

Benny Sapp is dirty and I say this as an Iowa fan.

Hines is hated by defensive backs for his play, but he's not the type to, stomp on someone's head, do dirty stuff in the pile, etc.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Sometimes when Ward hits people it is dirty but most of the time he hits people who are pretty close to the ball carrier. I will say he does look for people who are not paying attention.

LizardState
11-03-2009, 06:36 PM

Yeah Sapp is the dirtiest player .. oh wait, Warren has retired.

How about Kimo Von Offeln? he still around? Just ask Carson Palmer what it's like to have a "Kimo" pulled on him.

TACKLE
11-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Vince Wilfork has to be a candidate.

It's a shame that there's so few dirty players in the league right now.

Splat
11-03-2009, 06:45 PM
I would have thought Flozell Adams name would have came up with all his fines and all this year.

Hines
11-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Sometimes when Ward hits people it is dirty but most of the time he hits people who are pretty close to the ball carrier. I will say he does look for people who are not paying attention.

Defenders would do the same thing. If they see someone who isn't paying attention, they will wack them. Everyone needs to keep their head on a swivil(sp).

Vox Populi
11-03-2009, 06:53 PM

How about Kimo Von Offeln? he still around? Just ask Carson Palmer what it's like to have a "Kimo" pulled on him.

lol, Kimo wasn't a dirty player. I guess Bernard Pollard is a dirty player too for diving from the ground to get a sack on Brady which tore his knee ligaments... That rule is so stupid...

Hines
11-03-2009, 06:56 PM

Seriously? Are you seriously calling Kimo dirty after he got blocked into Palmer?

LonghornsLegend
11-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Come on now, Hines Ward winning this award is pure BS.

Where is Vince Wilfork, who loves to poke people in their face through the facemask well after the play is over, among plenty of other dirty things he gets away with.

I'm not buying that because Ward plays 110% and doesn't mind putting someone on his ass he's "dirty" because of it. Does anyone really think he meant to break Rivers jaw?

Dirty would of been Keith Rivers standing still, with the runner on the ground, and Ward going full speed helmet to helmet with him. It's a load of crap to me that because he's a WR, and defenders don't like to be hit hard by a WR, that makes him dirty.

Splat
11-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Kimo wasn't a dirty player. I guess Bernard Pollard is a dirty player too for diving from the ground to get a sack on Brady which tore his knee ligaments... That rule is so stupid...

Both were just freak plays IMO.

themaninblack
11-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Yea, I don't really consider Ward's hit on Keith Rivers to be a cheap shot. It was completely within the rules at the time and the block actually had implications on the play. Keith wasn't wearing a mouth piece on that play either.

John Henderson and Vince Wilfork are the dirtiest players in the league, methinks.

P-L
11-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Taylor Mays.

Raider_fan_Canada
11-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Kevin Mawae is the NFLPA president. Who else finds it funny that he's in the top 5?

Ravens1991
11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Dirty would of been Keith Rivers standing still, with the runner on the ground, and Ward going full speed helmet to helmet with him. It's a load of crap to me that because he's a WR, and defenders don't like to be hit hard by a WR, that makes him dirty.

like he did 28 seconds into this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbLNFiQSTyE&feature=PlayList&p=6E3A78F476CDD78C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33

Hines
11-03-2009, 09:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbLNFiQSTyE&feature=PlayList&p=6E3A78F476CDD78C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33

Yeah I remember that one. That was totally uncalled for.

steelernation77
11-03-2009, 09:50 PM

The guy's been in the league for 11 years, there's bound to be at least one time that he made a bad decision.

Look at this video of Troy P:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0

Pretty dirty, but are you really going to say that Troy is a dirty player? They guy is almost a saint.

terribletowel39
11-03-2009, 10:00 PM

my favorite part of that video is when he lays a block on Ed Reed and automatically he calls to the Ravens sideline medical team to come out and help him and then turns and looks for my bodies to block.

BaLLiN
11-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Man, james harrison when he was pounding on an arizona player on the ground totally away from the play, that was just thug. But that was one play, so i dont think you can judge him for one play. Unless you're Jeremy Stevens who knee'd an oakland player in the balls multiple times.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Man, james harrison when he was pounding on an arizona player on the ground totally away from the play, that was just thug. But that was one play, so i dont think you can judge him for one play. Unless you're Jeremy Stevens who knee'd an oakland player in the balls multiple times.

I don't think that is dirty. I think he was just being a defender. It isn't like he was hurting him.

steelernation77
11-03-2009, 11:21 PM

When discussing everything Stevens has done wrong, I'm not sure that would even crack the top 5. That guy is a total POS.

killxswitch
11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
When discussing everything Stevens has done wrong, I'm not sure that would even crack the top 5. That guy is a total POS.

I didn't know anything about him so I looked him up. What a scumbag.

LizardState
11-04-2009, 10:08 AM
lol, Kimo wasn't a dirty player. I guess Bernard Pollard is a dirty player too for diving from the ground to get a sack on Brady which tore his knee ligaments... That rule is so stupid...

Note that Brady was still holding the ball, that's what defensive players do hit the guy with the ball.

Hines Ward, Wilfork, & Raiders HC Tom Cable are the dirtiest in the NFL.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Howard Mudd is the dirtiest coach. His last name is pretty much liquid dirt.

Haynesworth, anytime you step on peoples necks its not good.

No for real, its Jason Hanson

Matthew Jones
11-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Hines Ward is an easy #1 for me. That helmet to helmet hit on (Daven Holly?) was just uncalled for, and it's not like that's really a rare thing. Ward definitely looks to go helmet to helmet on unsuspecting players. I think the Rivers hit was kind of dirty too. I'm surprised Wilfork didn't make the top five, though. He's a beast but he goes overboard sometimes as well. I'd also say Jared Allen should have received some consideration. Remember that game last year where he repeatedly went for Matt Schaub's knee, sometimes after the ball was thrown? Those three, Haynesworth, and Roy "Horse Collar" Williams would round out my top five probably.

the dude
11-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I'd also say Jared Allen should have received some consideration. Remember that game last year where he repeatedly went for Matt Schaub's knee, sometimes after the ball was thrown?

I remember the game after that one where some guy went to Allens knees trying to block him and Allen was all up in arms. But W/E all nfl linemen are dirty to some degree

CashmoneyDrew
11-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I was at the game when Albert Haynesworth tangoed on Gurode's forehead. That was also VY's first career start.

DexterM
11-04-2009, 02:36 PM
All the people defending Ward:

I'm sure you guys as fans know better than the people actually playing against him. :roll:

TitanHope
11-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Kevin Mawae is the NFLPA president. Who else finds it funny that he's in the top 5?

His reputation was garnered while he was with the Jets, and it's followed him to Tennessee. Mawae's still not a saint, but I betcha the players who picked him are defensive lineman over the age of 28. He was only just recently appointed NFLPA President last offseason too.

Mr. Goosemahn
11-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Lol, just so you guys know, most of the guys you mentioned also popped up on the list. Here's the top 10:

1. Hines Ward - WR - Pittsburgh Steelers
2. (tied) Joey Porter - OLB - Miami Dolphins
2. (tied) Albert Haynesworth - DT - Washington Redskins
4. Roy Williams - SS - Cincinnati Bengals
5. Kevin Mawae - C - Tennessee Titans
6. Cortland Finnegan - CB - Tennessee Titans
7. Richie Incognito - OG - St. Louis Rams
8. Harvey Dahl - OG - Atlanta Falcons
9. Troy Polamalu - SS - Pittsburgh Steelers
10. Jared Allen - DE - Minnesota Vikings

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/11/04/players-hines-wards-the-nfls-dirtiest-player/

TitanHope
11-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Lol, just so you guys know, most of the guys you mentioned also popped up on the list. Here's the top 10:

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/11/04/players-hines-wards-the-nfls-dirtiest-player/

Finny ain't dirty! He's just...fiesty.

Totally different! :D

I almost suggested him though...

brat316
11-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Wow 2 Steelers players. I never would have thought Troy as dirty. I guess going 110 makes u dirty.

Same with Finny

TitanHope
11-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Wow 2 Steelers players. I never would have thought Troy as dirty. I guess going 110 makes u dirty.

Same with Finny

And not one damn Raven made the list... ;)

wordofi
11-05-2009, 08:42 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/03/ward-porter-haynesworth-called-nfls-dirtiest/

A Sports Illustrated poll of NFL players has found that Hines Ward is considered by his colleagues to be the dirtiest player in the league, with Albert Haynesworth and Joey Porter tied for second.

The question, "Who is the dirtiest player in the league?'' was asked of 296 players during training camp this summer, and Ward, the Steelers' wide receiver, got 11.6 percent of the vote (http://pgplus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php?/200911032407/sports/ed-bouchette/si-poll-ward-dirtiest-player-in-nfl/menu-id-155.html), according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Haynesworth, the Redskins defensive tackle who as a Tennessee Titan in 2006 received a five-game suspension for stepping on the helmetless head of Cowboys center Andre Gurode, got 6 percent of the vote. Porter, the Dolphins' linebacker, also got 6 percent.

Rounding out the Top 5 (or should it be Bottom 5?) are Bengals safety Roy Williams, who got 5.1 percent of the vote, and Titans center Kevin Mawae, with 4.6% percent.

The players got it right. Ward is by far the dirtiest player in the NFL.

21ST
11-05-2009, 10:05 AM
The players got it right. Ward is by far the dirtiest player in the NFL.

does anyone no the ratio of offensive players to defensive players

Ravens1991
11-05-2009, 10:08 AM
And not one damn Raven made the list... ;)

I am actually kind of surprised Suggs wasnt on the end of the list. He has done some dirty and dumb stuff. Like in the vikings game we stopped them on 3rd down then he just shoved a offensive lineman over a pile.

Splat
11-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Lets turn the topic to past players...

I'm going Bill Romanowski I had such a hate for this man.

Borat
11-05-2009, 10:31 AM
I think it is Troy Polamalu. I've seen him go after knees way too many times. Great player, but very dirty.

terribletowel39
11-05-2009, 10:40 AM
http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_651611.html

Said Polamalu when asked about his supposedly dirty play, "I always do my hair before the game."

Haha.

does anyone no the ratio of offensive players to defensive players
And the Top 10 is 6 Defense/4 Offense.

TitanHope
11-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Rodney Harrison calls the Titans the dirtiest team in the league, mainly because he got his knee hurt when Bobby Wade blocked him and hurt his knee.

Rodney. Friggin. Harrison.

I was at that game too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/05/rodney-harrison-calls-titans-the-dirtiest-team-in-the-league/

Harrison listened to the list of names on the list and said one stuck out.

"Kevin Mawae is dirty. He's a dirty dude."

Harrison went on to say the Titans, as a team, are the dirtiest in the league. Harrison still isn't happy about with the Titans because of a play on New Year's Eve in 2006 when receiver Bobby Wade took out Harrison's knees, injuring him for New England's playoff run. Harrison says the Titans sideline was laughing, and even coach Jeff Fisher had a smile on his face.

Reminds me of the "Code Red" accusation by Merriman where he said Jeff Fisher put out a hit on him.

EDIT: WTF? Vince Young got a vote on the Sports Illustrated poll...

steelernation77
11-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I think it is Troy Polamalu. I've seen him go after knees way too many times. Great player, but very dirty.

You mean he dives at the ball carrier's legs just like every defensive back is taught to do.

Matthew Jones
11-05-2009, 05:44 PM
You mean he dives at the ball carrier's legs just like every defensive back is taught to do.

This is a horrible argument. I don't think Troy is a dirty player, but the "he plays the game hard" excuse is much better. Troy Polamalu and textbook tackling do not belong in the same sentence, unless it's "Troy Polamalu is a big hitter who rarely practices textbook tackling."

MetSox17
11-05-2009, 06:10 PM

DBs are taught to shoot at the thighs, not the knees and shins, which most of them do.

TitanHope
11-05-2009, 06:16 PM
This is a horrible argument. I don't think Troy is a dirty player, but the "he plays the game hard" excuse is much better. Troy Polamalu and textbook tackling do not belong in the same sentence, unless it's "Troy Polamalu is a big hitter who rarely practices textbook tackling."

I think it's no coincidence that many of those players also go 100% every single play, save for guys like Haynesworth. But when you see Hines Ward, he's always giving full effort even when he's not getting catches. When you see Cortland Finnegan, he's always in the WR's face no matter if he's on the #1 guy or #4. When you see Jared Allen, he's always going for the QB and doing everything he can to get that sack. Troy P is always running in 6th gear and throwing his body around like a weapon. That's part of what makes these players the best at their position.

As for the DL and OL's that made the list, I kinda like my trench guys to have a mean streak.

Boston
11-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Jared Allen...what's that? You don't mean in that sense...

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/content/Image/11-06-2008/Jared-Allen.jpg

BlindSite
11-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Sounds to me like a lot of sour grapes. Sure on the field there's stuff you do without meaning to in the heat of the moment and there's others who become different people on the field, but I don't think we see too many intentionally dirty tactics.

A lot of these might be stuff deemed dirty, like going for the legs, or checking extremely hard at the line, but none of that is outside of the rules, maybe outside of gentlemenly conduct, but nothing inherently miscreant.

D-Unit
11-05-2009, 07:24 PM
James Harrison. Douche Bag.

lordquas
11-05-2009, 07:55 PM
joey porter needs to shut his ******* mouth

scottyboy
11-05-2009, 08:44 PM
joey porter needs to shut his ******* mouth

yea but he doesn't pick on mentally handicapped kids...

and hmm I'm going with Wilfork, mainly for him trying to poke out Jacobs' eye

Giantsfan1080
11-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Brian Dawkins is up there as well.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-05-2009, 08:52 PM

Harvey Dahl's the man. He seems to get a little something of a player after the whistle. He was getting into it with Mike Singletary on the sidelines this year and had to be taken out of our victory formation against the 49ers for getting into it with defensive lineman.

Xonraider
11-05-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't know about the dirtiest player, but Tom Cable sure gets the dirtiest coach!

Borat
11-05-2009, 10:38 PM

Yeah, I meant exactly what I wrote. Troy goes after knees. That wasn't a complicated statement.

TitanHope
11-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Why Cortland Finnegan makes these lists:

5A6HGbdqGC4

Not only the talk, but things like at 2:10. I remember one game against the Panthers in '07 when he went up against Steve Smith...hope neither was miked up for that one! :D

Jpack18
11-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Wow one hit on a Browns DB and Hines Ward gets called the dirtiest player, because i'm sure that was the only late hit in that game being as there is no rivalry between the two teams (note sarcasm). Rivers got jacked but that was a clean block. Jared is the dirtiest player IMO he got fined like 150K last year for going after QBs knees after the play.

CC.SD
11-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Rodney Harrison calls the Titans the dirtiest team in the league, mainly because he got his knee hurt when Bobby Wade blocked him and hurt his knee.

Rodney. Friggin. Harrison.

I was at that game too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/05/rodney-harrison-calls-titans-the-dirtiest-team-in-the-league/

Reminds me of the "Code Red" accusation by Merriman where he said Jeff Fisher put out a hit on him.

EDIT: WTF? Vince Young got a vote on the Sports Illustrated poll...

Well however you want to call it Merriman was targeted by the Titans in that game after Vince flopped after getting breathed on. The result was a couple big blindside hits and Merriman missed the entire next season after getting surgery.

It's in the past but between crap like that, Finnegan, and the rep Mawae and David Stewart have built up, it's no shock the Titans are considered dirty.

after all they rub towels in the mud. Dirty!

Babylon
11-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Well however you want to call it Merriman was targeted by the Titans in that game after Vince flopped after getting breathed on. The result was a couple big blindside hits and Merriman missed the entire next season after getting surgery.

It's in the past but between crap like that, Finnegan, and the rep Mawae and David Stewart have built up, it's no shock the Titans are considered dirty.

Yeah it has to be someone from the Titans, take your pick. They play like the old Philadelphia Flyers. Start enough stuff that the other teams gets flagged for retaliating and after awhile you cant call everything. Not saying i object cause it seems to work.

TitanHope
11-24-2009, 04:56 PM

The Titans are dirty, but they do it within the confines of the game. And they have that, "You do something to us, and we'll return the favor two-fold" mentality. Like the Merriman block, or when Mawae went low on a Texan DL after getting an elbow to the face the play prior. It's usually the other team that'll get the penalty called after they get frustrated and lash out.

They're not obnoxious about it either like Rex Ryan.

Babylon
11-24-2009, 05:09 PM
The Titans are dirty, but they do it within the confines of the game. And they have that, "You do something to us, and we'll return the favor two-fold" mentality. Like the Merriman block, or when Mawae went low on a Texan DL after getting an elbow to the face the play prior. It's usually the other team that'll get the penalty called after they get frustrated and lash out.

They're not obnoxious about it either like Rex Ryan.

Nothing is as obnoxious as a Ryan. Like i said earlier they get away with it. The ref high fiving Vince after the game to me was priceless.

TitanHope
11-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Nothing is as obnoxious as a Ryan. Like i said earlier they get away with it. The ref high fiving Vince after the game to me was priceless.

I thought the High 5 was fun, and kind've shows how loose Vince is playing. Although, some fans didn't necessarily like it. (http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=15194) Guess they've never seen Favre play. ;)

Saints-Tigers
11-24-2009, 05:43 PM
That Finnegan video is awesome lololol.

When he pushes TO then he runs away laughing, I was dying. "You done been on like 17 different teams bra"

I would give my left and right nut to have Kevin Mawae and David Stewart. That's the two holes in our line.

will99890
11-28-2009, 05:32 AM
Agreed, even if it comes off as cocky in some people's eyes, I think Finn just loves the game and loves the competition that comes along with it. You gotta respect someone with that kind of attitude. Guys like him are the reason we watch every Sunday.

IMO the dirtiest player would be Roy Williams (S) or Jared Allen. I know hes a beast, but I've seen Allen dive or roll into Qbs knees very late after a throw on more than one occasion. And I don't even follow the Vikes so I imagine I've missed some incidents.

DoughBoy
11-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Roy Williams killed Tyrone Calicos career. He is the only player I wish would have a career ending injury.

TACKLE
11-28-2009, 12:12 PM

5A6HGbdqGC4

TO is rattled. I love it.

LonghornsLegend
11-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't think some people even know what the term 'dirty player' even means if names like Hines Ward and Finnegan will pop up, even sometimes with certain tackles you can't always anticipate how a player is going to react or fall.

To me a dirty player is Vince Wilfork, a guy who well after the play will go up to a dude and poke his fingers inside their facemask at their eyes(which I've caught him do on live TV with the naked eye more then once, no telling how often he does crap like that). Every time I see him play he does something ignorant like that, not in the flow of the game when adrenaline is taking over, it will be well after the play just because he wants to be a dick.

Nobody can convince me that Hines Ward is a dirtier player then him because he'll hit the **** out of you between the whistles if your out there jogging around or not looking.

Nalej
11-28-2009, 07:53 PM

5A6HGbdqGC4

Not only the talk, but things like at 2:10. I remember one game against the Panthers in '07 when he went up against Steve Smith...hope neither was miked up for that one! :D

haha that was great

Bengals78
11-28-2009, 09:13 PM
My vote goes to Wilfork or John Henderson.

Hines
11-28-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't think some people even know what the term 'dirty player' even means if names like Hines Ward and Finnegan will pop up, even sometimes with certain tackles you can't always anticipate how a player is going to react or fall.

To me a dirty player is Vince Wilfork, a guy who well after the play will go up to a dude and poke his fingers inside their facemask at their eyes(which I've caught him do on live TV with the naked eye more then once, no telling how often he does crap like that). Every time I see him play he does something ignorant like that, not in the flow of the game when adrenaline is taking over, it will be well after the play just because he wants to be a dick.

Nobody can convince me that Hines Ward is a dirtier player then him because he'll hit the **** out of you between the whistles if your out there jogging around or not looking.

I agree with you on Hines Ward. If a defensive player hit an offensive player like that, everyone is giving the defender praise. If Hines does it, it's automatically dirty and he should be labled a dirty player.

Hines doesn't care though.

Someone posted on the Steelers official message board that Brian Billick said that he wants 22 Hines Ward's on his football team. I don't disagree with him.

Bengals78
11-28-2009, 09:28 PM
I agree with you on Hines Ward. If a defensive player hit an offensive player like that, everyone is giving the defender praise. If Hines does it, it's automatically dirty and he should be labled a dirty player.

Hines doesn't care though.

Someone posted on the Steelers official message board that Brian Billick said that he wants 22 Hines Ward's on his football team. I don't disagree with him.

Yeah but you could run all over that defense lol.
I dont think he was dirty (once my natural homer defense died down)
I think dirty gets confused with playing hard.
Wilfork gauges eyes (dirty)
Hines hits people in bad situations (hard but legal)

diesel
12-05-2009, 11:34 AM
All the people defending Ward:

I'm sure you guys as fans know better than the people actually playing against him. :roll:

QFT.

Also, I know this is college but don't act like Polamalu isn't a dirt bag. This kind of stuff doesn't belong in any level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0

Splat
12-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Flozell Adams keeping his case alive.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Flozell Adams keeping his case alive.

Yup! He is by the far the leader in my opinion.

thenewfeature06
12-07-2009, 10:10 AM
It has to be Flozell, i really don't hear from anybody else as consistenly as i do with him. My other vote would be for Hines Ward, its almost like he schemes in his head on how to destroy somebody

Go_Eagles77
12-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Flozell Adams is a POS. It's hard for even Cowboys fans to argue that at this point.

MetSox17
12-07-2009, 11:13 AM
I was drifting in and out of sleep during the Cowboys game after not sleeping at all last night. I saw that he and Tuck got into a scuffle but i don't know what he did. Can someone fill me in?

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Flozell better get suspended for that garbage he threw yesterday.

Splat
12-07-2009, 11:16 AM

I agree.

Had it been a one time deal I would say just a fine but he has all ready been fined like 3 times this year all ready for tripping.

CC.SD
12-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I still think it's Vince Wilfork. Am I officially...behind the times!?!?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Anyone see hines ward purposly grab the Raiders cornerbacks face mask and yank him one way then ran to the endzone and made a TD catch???? Dirty???

Jvig43
12-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I still think it's Vince Wilfork. Am I officially...behind the times!?!?

I hate when Wilfork does stupid **** like the finger in the eye and such, really cheap for such a talented player. Havent seen one for awhile tho.

Go_Eagles77
12-07-2009, 01:47 PM
I was drifting in and out of sleep during the Cowboys game after not sleeping at all last night. I saw that he and Tuck got into a scuffle but i don't know what he did. Can someone fill me in?
M7qye-KxaFc

yourfavestoner
12-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I hate when Wilfork does stupid **** like the finger in the eye and such, really cheap for such a talented player. Havent seen one for awhile tho.

According to this board, Wilfork deserves to be suspended for an entire season and have criminal charges filed against him for said eye poke.

Supporting Caste
12-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Saying Flozell is the dirtiest is ridiculous. The guy shoved Tuck in the back and you have clowns on here saying he's worse than Harris, Wilfork and Haynesworth? LOL.

Flozell had no history of dirty plays before that. He did stupid and lazy crap like tripping, but he's not trying to do anything but cover his own lazy ass when he does that.

It's not like he's stomping on some guys head, punching someone in the face or gouging eyes.

I haven't been able to stand Flozell for years, so don't say I'm biased. If I were Jerry Jones Dallas never would have re-signed him a couple years ago.

Johnny Jolly is someone who does some dirty **** sometimes.

TitleTown088
12-07-2009, 03:07 PM
o.

Johnny Jolly is someone who does some dirty **** sometimes.

If you're talking about vs the Vikings, he was only retaliating ( stupidly) to Chestor Taylor pushing him in the back. I'd say Jolly is more of a stupid player than a dirty player.

Supporting Caste
12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Jolly does shady things in most Packer games I've seen, though I admittedly try to watch as few as possible.

Jvig43
12-07-2009, 03:25 PM
According to this board, Wilfork deserves to be suspended for an entire season and have criminal charges filed against him for said eye poke.

haha while I wouldnt say that, it is a pretty cheap and low thing to do to another human in a game of football. Again tho I havent seen it happen in awhile.

Supporting Caste
12-07-2009, 03:28 PM
The worst gouging I've ever seen was Frank Winters vs. Corey Fuller way back in the day. It was amazing Winters didn't get his eyes screwed up from that one.

Splat
12-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Flozell could be facing further discipline (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/07/flozell-could-be-facing-further-discipline/)

Splat
12-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Reports: Flozell Adams will not be suspended (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/reports-flozell-adams-will-not-be-suspended/)

What a load of crap.

Supporting Caste
12-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Do you have any idea how many players would get suspended every week if that were the standard? THINK.

He shoved a guy in the back.

He didn't gouge anyone's eye. He didn't punch anyone. He didn't vandalize the stadium.

Splat
12-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Do you have any idea how many players would get suspended every week if that were the standard? THINK.

He didn't gouge anyone's eye. He didn't punch anyone. He didn't vandalize the stadium.

Had this been a first time deal I would agree with you but Flo has been playing dirty all year and has all ready been fined 2 or 3 times this season.

TACKLE
12-08-2009, 06:54 PM

And this is why I love Wilfork. He's big, he's mean, he's dirty and he's from The U. Not to mention he one of the best DT's in the league.

Supporting Caste
12-08-2009, 06:58 PM
He's been fined for tripping two times.

I can't even remember any time in the past where anyone gave two shits about tripping until Flozell did it and Justin Tuck got hurt. If Tuck doesn't get hurt the first time, he doesn't get fined and no one cares.

Flozell is getting increased and undue attention because of his history as a penalty machine. Should the receiver from last week who got called for tripping get fined? Better question: Will he?

The better point is that guys aren't getting suspended for things far worse than tripping or shoves in the back. You have to punish those people before you start taking on a guy who truly has only one incident of dirty play.

For what it's worth, I'm one of very few Dallas fans who can't stand Flozell and have been saying for years that he should have been sent packing. I'm not defending him because I like the guy, but the attention he's getting for this is nonsense. I still hope we cut him in the off-season cuz he's a turd.

LonghornsLegend
12-08-2009, 08:30 PM

So now you get suspended for pushing after the whistle? Neat. At least the standards are set.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 08:46 PM
So now you get suspended for pushing after the whistle? Neat. At least the standards are set.

Let's see a shove when the player has his back totally turned the other way and then an eye gouge when he got in your face. Also, this is his 4th or 5th dirty incident this year so I'd expect the punishment to get worse. I'm glad to know Goodell cares more about punishing OchoCinco with his sombrero than having a personal conduct policy on the field. You have to be a real big homer to keep defending this guy.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 08:48 PM
He's been fined for tripping two times.

I can't even remember any time in the past where anyone gave two shits about tripping until Flozell did it and Justin Tuck got hurt. If Tuck doesn't get hurt the first time, he doesn't get fined and no one cares.

Flozell is getting increased and undue attention because of his history as a penalty machine. Should the receiver from last week who got called for tripping get fined? Better question: Will he?

The better point is that guys aren't getting suspended for things far worse than tripping or shoves in the back. You have to punish those people before you start taking on a guy who truly has only one incident of dirty play.

For what it's worth, I'm one of very few Dallas fans who can't stand Flozell and have been saying for years that he should have been sent packing. I'm not defending him because I like the guy, but the attention he's getting for this is nonsense. I still hope we cut him in the off-season cuz he's a turd.

If no one cares about tripping then why is it a 15 yard penalty and an automatic fine? Try again.

T-RICH49
12-08-2009, 08:51 PM

if it were a one time deal then fine.BUT it's time after time.I would love to see Flozell get a taste of his own medicine

tjsunstein
12-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Jolly does shady things in most Packer games I've seen, though I admittedly try to watch as few as possible.

Anyone can talk out of their ass. I've watched every Packers game and once, just once, have I seen Jolly do something stupid that could be interpreted as dirty. Add some substance to your statements. Give me a game and if possible, quarter. Shouldn't be hard since you've watched very few. I want to see this for myself.

Anyone see Jolly do any shady things last night? All eyes were on that game. There's no way he could have escaped everyone.

Splat
12-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Flozell fined fifty large (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/flozell-fined-fifty-large/)

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Flozell fined fifty large (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/flozell-fined-fifty-large/)

I'm not sure he's going to stop this stuff untill he loses more but we'll see. It is a pretty hefty fine.

tjsunstein
12-08-2009, 09:45 PM

No, you should get suspended for deliberatly going out of your way after the play is dead to hurt or harm someone. Especially when the guy's back is turned. This reminds me of some Todd Bertuzzi stuff.

Supporting Caste
12-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Anyone can talk out of their ass. I've watched every Packers game and once, just once, have I seen Jolly do something stupid that could be interpreted as dirty. Add some substance to your statements. Give me a game and if possible, quarter. Shouldn't be hard since you've watched very few. I want to see this for myself.

Anyone see Jolly do any shady things last night? All eyes were on that game. There's no way he could have escaped everyone.

I'm sorry, does your butt hurt? I didn't keep notes, so I guess you're going to have to just cry a while longer.

I do remember him hitting Tony Romo after a turnover after the whistle was blown. Most of the other stuff I've seen him do is ripping at guys in piles after the whistle is blown.

To everyone else regarding Flozell:

First, he didn't gouge anyone in the face. Stop lying.

Second, if the standard is 15 yard penalties demand suspension, again, do you have ANY IDEA how many suspensions you just gave out?

The feigned outrage is ridiculous. You people wouldn't care at all (at all) if a player for another team had done this. The very fact Flozell is drawing this much discussion over a wealth of other players in the league who are CLEARLY more dirty than Flozell shows you are too biased to be taken seriously.

So I'm done.

Babylon
12-08-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm sorry, does your butt hurt? I didn't keep notes, so I guess you're going to have to just cry a while longer.

I do remember him hitting Tony Romo after a turnover after the whistle was blown. Most of the other stuff I've seen him do is ripping at guys in piles after the whistle is blown.

To everyone else regarding Flozell:

First, he didn't gouge anyone in the face. Stop lying.

Second, if the standard is 15 yard penalties demand suspension, again, do you have ANY IDEA how many suspensions you just gave out?

The feigned outrage is ridiculous. You people wouldn't care at all (at all) if a player for another team had done this. The very fact Flozell is drawing this much discussion over a wealth of other players in the league who are CLEARLY more dirty than Flozell shows you are too biased to be taken seriously.

So I'm done.

This whole bit that the world revolves around the Cowboys is getting a bit tired.

Supporting Caste
12-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Ok, so you just think a shove in the back or a trip is worse than eye gouging, face punching and helmetless head kicking.

Gotcha.

Babylon
12-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Ok, so you just think a shove in the back or a trip is worse than eye gouging, face punching and helmetless head kicking.

Gotcha.

I could care less about Flozell Adams, i'm talking the overrall love/hate relationship around here with the Cowboys. To me they're not that significant.

MetSox17
12-09-2009, 01:41 AM
People calling for Flozell to get suspended is really just stupid. Suspension? Really? You're gonna hit the Cowboys by taking away their LT, and taking the guy's pretty fat paycheck for pushing a guy in the back? Give me a ******* break. Besides, wasn't the personal foul penalty for what occurred afterwards?

Splat
12-09-2009, 09:51 AM
You people wouldn't care at all (at all) if a player for another team had done this.

I'm pretty sure had a Giants player done to Demarcus Ware what Flo did to Tuck Cowboys fans would be calling for his head and Jerry Jones would be crying to the media.

LizardState
12-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Reports: Flozell Adams will not be suspended (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/reports-flozell-adams-will-not-be-suspended/)

What a load of crap.

There was a push that started a brawl, followed by a 3 Stooges style 2-finger eye gouge attempt, that's suspend-able if nothing else. It was his 3rd fineable incident this season. What's next, a civil lawsuit?

Flozell has reached the tipping point of more trouble than he's worth, all the yrs he led the league in total false starts/blown snap counts. I'm a Cowboys fan & I say dump him, cut your losses before he does irreparable harm. They of course won't with Columbo out for the yr.

LonghornsLegend
12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm pretty sure had a Giants player done to Demarcus Ware what Flo did to Tuck Cowboys fans would be calling for his head and Jerry Jones would be crying to the media.

So you mean if Tuck pushed Ware after a play which started a scuffle we would be calling for him to be suspended? Sure, it's fun to play the "what if" game when that didn't happen though.

Nobody said he didn't deserve to be punished, and heavily at that. Most people are responding to you getting upset he didn't get suspended, his actions were nowhere close to being suspended, it has nothing to do with who played for what teams.

I hate Flozell as do alot of Cowboy fans so quit making it seem like it's a Dallas/NYG thing, I'm about as impartial as it comes to stuff like this. Still, you don't suspend a player for some stupid crap like that, he didn't even a throw a damn punch and your talking about what a load of crap it is he didn't get suspended lol.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-09-2009, 12:15 PM
So you mean if Tuck pushed Ware after a play which started a scuffle we would be calling for him to be suspended? Sure, it's fun to play the "what if" game when that didn't happen though.

Nobody said he didn't deserve to be punished, and heavily at that. Most people are responding to you getting upset he didn't get suspended, his actions were nowhere close to being suspended, it has nothing to do with who played for what teams.

I hate Flozell as do alot of Cowboy fans so quit making it seem like it's a Dallas/NYG thing, I'm about as impartial as it comes to stuff like this. Still, you don't suspend a player for some stupid crap like that, he didn't even a throw a damn punch and your talking about what a load of crap it is he didn't get suspended lol.

He did it after the play was dead and then went right after another Giants player. Suspension? I say 1 game should of been the correct punishment.

Splat
12-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Flo is a repeat offender that is all you need to know he has been fined four different times this season taking money away from him means nothing.

Gay Ork Wang
12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Just to put this in perspective:

Flo gets a $50.000 fine for a cheap shot.

85 gets a $30.000 fine for dressing funny

MetSox17
12-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Just to put this in perspective:

Flo gets a $50.000 fine for a cheap shot.

85 gets a $30.000 fine for dressing funny

Openly defying the rules that the NFL sets forth constantly will get you an escalating fine. I don't think anything Johnson does should be fined, but the fact that he still does it after the league constantly tells him not to is what gets him that high amount.

Gay Ork Wang
12-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Openly defying the rules that the NFL sets forth constantly will get you an escalating fine. I don't think anything Johnson does should be fined, but the fact that he still does it after the league constantly tells him not to is what gets him that high amount.
And Flozell is at its 4th fine. Ocho doesnt have that many more this season

RealityCheck
12-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I'll never forgive Albert Haynesworth for what he did to Andre Gurode.

MetSox17
12-09-2009, 01:15 PM
And Flozell is at its 4th fine. Ocho doesnt have that many more this season

Which is why he was fined twenty thousand dollars more. Make sense?

Gay Ork Wang
12-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Which is why he was fined twenty thousand dollars more. Make sense?
not if you look at the degree of the fine.

If you think wearing a sombrero should be fined 30.000$ cause it is destroying the integrity of the game, intentional attacking a player with a cheap shot when the play was over and which couldve potentially hurt him is "only" 50.000$ compared to that?

MetSox17
12-09-2009, 01:24 PM
not if you look at the degree of the fine.

If you think wearing a sombrero should be fined 30.000$ cause it is destroying the integrity of the game, intentional attacking a player with a cheap shot when the play was over and which couldve potentially hurt him is "only" 50.000$ compared to that?

OchoCinco was not fined for "destroying the integrity of the game". He was fined for openly going against league rules, YET AGAIN. Not only did he premeditate his rule breaking, but he discussed it beforehand as well. If Flozell were to tweet on how he plans on tripping Luis Castillo next week, then he goes out and does it, i'd expect a significant fine compared to his previous fines.

Gay Ork Wang
12-09-2009, 01:26 PM
okay what rule did he go against?

M.O.T.H.
12-09-2009, 01:29 PM
I'll never forgive Albert Haynesworth for what he did to Andre Gurode.

Me neither, what a dick move. Gurode's a beast, though. Came right back in with that big ole bandage on his face. I used to be a big Fat Albert fan too.

MetSox17
12-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Bringing "extraneous objects onto the field". He tweeted before the game about it, and it isn't the first time he has brought something onto the field to put on.

Gay Ork Wang
12-09-2009, 01:32 PM
yes, so why is that a rule? cause it goes against the integrity of the sports. the NFL thinks its unsportsmanlike conduct. Him tweeting about it is not something to be fined.

MetSox17
12-09-2009, 01:40 PM
yes, so why is that a rule? cause it goes against the integrity of the sports. the NFL thinks its unsportsmanlike conduct. Him tweeting about it is not something to be fined.

I don't care if Goodell put it in there for shits and giggles, it's a rule nonetheless. Him tweeting about it is not a fine-able offense, but scheming to break the rules and telling the world about it only makes the fine worse.

Gay Ork Wang
12-09-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't care if Goodell put it in there for shits and giggles, it's a rule nonetheless. Him tweeting about it is not a fine-able offense, but scheming to break the rules and telling the world about it only makes the fine worse.
thats a mood point. everyone who does it is scheming to do it. it was also put in before goodell was the Commissioner

MetSox17
12-09-2009, 01:49 PM
thats a mood point. everyone who does it is scheming to do it. it was also put in before goodell was the Commissioner

You're missing the point here. It doesn't matter who, or why it was put into place. The fact is that it's there, and he broke it. And can you name anyone else that has schemed to break a league rule and has been fined for it?

Gay Ork Wang
12-09-2009, 02:31 PM
You're missing the point here. It doesn't matter who, or why it was put into place. The fact is that it's there, and he broke it. And can you name anyone else that has schemed to break a league rule and has been fined for it?
TO with the sharpie, Horn with the cellphone?

Also, my point was Flozell deserved a much higher fine.

MetSox17
12-09-2009, 02:57 PM
TO with the sharpie, Horn with the cellphone?

Also, my point was Flozell deserved a much higher fine.

And were they not fined a **** load of money?

Gay Ork Wang
12-09-2009, 02:59 PM
comparing the incidents and comparing the fines, no it was a relative low fine.

Gay Ork Wang
12-09-2009, 03:02 PM
actually never mind, compared to the other fines it was alright, but then ocho cincos is very harsh.

tjsunstein
12-10-2009, 06:58 AM

Yeah, my butt hurts because I called you out. That's it. You got me.

Ripping at guys in the pile? Explain further please. That isn't dirty, that's being a lineman.

I'll look for today when I rewatch the Cowboys game.

Here's what NFL.com has available. From the turnovers in the Cowboys game, here's the interception. Johnny Jolly is 97. Watch him run over to Woodson immediately after he picks the ball off. So, no late hit on Tony there.

Woodson picks off Romo
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009111510/2009/REG10/cowboys@packers#tab:watch

This is the Romo strip sack. Romo is on the ground. Jolly is the one that strips is from Felix Jones the second time. So, no hit after the whistle there.

Woodson sack-fumble

If you consider Jolly stopping Romo from running and complaining to the ref on the Roy Williams fumble near the end of the video, dirty, then your definition is far more extreme than mine. That would make BJ Raji a dirty player as well.

Roy Williams catch and fumble

Let's get a general consensus here on that play. Near the end of the video where Jolly confronts Romo and they talk a little bit. Is that considered dirty? Anyone, anyone at all...