PDA

View Full Version : Chris Johnson promises cars for Titans linemen if he hits 2,000

DoughBoy
11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091104/SPORTS01/91104068/1027/Chris+Johnson+promises+cars+for+Titans+linemen+if+ he+hits+2+000

Who thinks it happens. I think there is a 45% chance.

CashmoneyDrew
11-04-2009, 04:04 PM
I'll block someone for him for 20 bones.

P-L
11-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I think it's going to be very tough for him. He's on pace for 1883 yards this year. However, he still has games left against San Francisco (#2 rush defense, 85 ypg, 3.2 ypc), Arizona (#8 rush defense, 96 ypg, 3.8 ypc), and Miami (#6 rush defense, 92 ypg, 3.6 ypc).

Then again, he'll probably rack up close to 300 yards against Buffalo.

aNYtitan
11-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I think he is good for one run of 20+ a game, cause if he gets into the second level, he is real hard to catch and tackle. I'll be optimistic, say a 57% chance. He is right there with being a top 3 RB (Adrian Peterson and after that it gets muddled, Steven Jackson is up there, Maurice Jones Drew and Chris Johnson all in the discussion).

Splat
11-04-2009, 08:04 PM
I don't think he should want 2000 its pretty much down hill after that.

aNYtitan
11-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I don't think he should want 2000 its pretty much down hill after that.

I thought its when you start using racial slurs and calling out your coach. For the Titans its when you have a strip club habit and make it rain and have someone get shot the time you are there.

The Unseen
11-04-2009, 09:15 PM
I put it at 22.3%

TitanHope
11-04-2009, 10:18 PM
For what it's worth, he's got better numbers through 7 games than Eric Dickerson had in his 2,000-yard season.

He has to average around 130 YPG from here on out to reach 2,000, which is higher than his current average. But, he's 13th in the NFL in rushing attempts and is getting 17 attempts per game. If they increase his carries, then it's possible with his "gettin' away from the cops speed," as Gus Johnson would say...

aNYtitan
11-04-2009, 10:21 PM
For what it's worth, he's got better numbers through 7 games than Eric Dickerson had in his 2,000-yard season.

He has to average around 130 YPG from here on out to reach 2,000, which is higher than his current average. But, he's 13th in the NFL in rushing attempts and is getting 17 attempts per game. If they increase his carries, then it's possible with his "gettin' away from the cops speed," as Gus Johnson would say...

I think its likely his touches per game increases, especially with VY now starting, lot more spread, lot more reliance on keeping it safe with the running game

RaiderNation
11-04-2009, 10:25 PM
69% chance.

stephenson86
11-05-2009, 10:14 AM
i hope he goes over 2100

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-05-2009, 10:27 AM
I hope he fails and doesn't even get close. I want Jamal to stay 2nd

Splat
11-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I thought its when you start using racial slurs and calling out your coach.

If that was a shot at Larry Johnson he never had 2000 yards so HA...

Brothgar
11-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Every story I hear about Chris Johnson makes me like him even more.

killxswitch
11-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Could any TN linemen fit in a Honda, though?

FlyingElvis
11-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Considering the Bills made Moats look like a premier rusher, I'd say he's good for the single game record this weekend. Once he goes for 300 against Buffalo he would only need about 109 per game to hit 2k, which would be a reasonable average for him.

Note to the local car dealerships: Call this man, use it as a marketing gig. "The Drive to 2k" or some such ****. Tie in some sort of incentive for other car purchases or simply a charitable donation tied into the number of yards. Offer CJ a discounted rate on the cars he has to buy for his Oline + his pay for the commercials & promotions.

Make Bank.

Send FlyingElvis his 5% cut of profits.

kthxby

TitanHope
11-05-2009, 05:02 PM
I hope he fails and doesn't even get close. I want Jamal to stay 2nd

Well, fortunately we're not playing the Ravens this year, or else ya'll would try to break his ankle again when he's tearing ya'll up, thus putting him out for a few games. :p

I got love for Jamal and all the other Vols in the NFL though.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Well, fortunately we're not playing the Ravens this year, or else ya'll would try to break his ankle again when he's tearing ya'll up, thus putting him out for a few games. :p

I got love for Jamal and all the other Vols in the NFL though.

Hey our guys just played until the refs blew the whistle. Blame them not us. I love seeing Ngata and Suggs hold his bottom half while Ed Reed bent him the opposite way.

TitanHope
11-05-2009, 05:14 PM
I love seeing Ngata and Suggs hold his bottom half while Ed Reed bent him the opposite way.

Whatever gets ya off, RWO... More power to ya.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Whatever gets ya off, RWO... More power to ya.

Not that I wanted him to get injured but I just like watching the clip because it is awesome.

TitanHope
11-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Not that I wanted him to get injured but I just like watching the clip because it is awesome.

How is it awesome? It's not like they laid a huge hit on him to knock him out or some other display of football ability or athleticism. Two defensive linemen wrapped his legs up, and Ed Reed came up and bent his upper body upwards.

Awesome is Ray Lewis laying out Eddie George or George punishing Lewis with a stiff arm. A 200-lb RB getting ganged up on by 3 defenders isn't exciting. I don't see how it's awesome for a Ravens fan besides the fact that it took out the player who was single-handedly beating them?

I mean, the Titans have done their fair share of dirty deeds, but I don't look back at the play against the Chargers where we crack-backed Shawne Merriman and revel in it, you know? The block MoJo Drew laid on Merriman, though, is something a Jags fan could watch over and over.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-05-2009, 05:48 PM
How is it awesome? It's not like they laid a huge hit on him to knock him out or some other display of football ability or athleticism. Two defensive linemen wrapped his legs up, and Ed Reed came up and bent his upper body upwards.

Awesome is Ray Lewis laying out Eddie George or George punishing Lewis with a stiff arm. A 200-lb RB getting ganged up on by 3 defenders isn't exciting. I don't see how it's awesome for a Ravens fan besides the fact that it took out the player who was single-handedly beating them?

I mean, the Titans have done their fair share of dirty deeds, but I don't look back at the play against the Chargers where we crack-backed Shawne Merriman and revel in it, you know? The block MoJo Drew laid on Merriman, though, is something a Jags fan could watch over and over.

I don't know why I like it so much. I just like it. I like clips more than that one. Like my avatar of Lewis laying Ocho out but whenever I see that clip I smile and think it is awesome. Maybe because it makes me think of beating you guys in the playoffs or our awesome season we had last year. I just like it. I just want to make it clear that the the reason has nothing to do with him getting injured.

TitanHope
11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't know why I like it so much. I just like it. I like clips more than that one. Like my avatar of Lewis laying Ocho out but whenever I see that clip I smile and think it is awesome. Maybe because it makes me think of beating you guys in the playoffs or our awesome season we had last year. I just like it. I just want to make it clear that the the reason has nothing to do with him getting injured.

I gotcha dude.

I liked the hit on Ocho Cinco too. It probably wasn't the best thing to do, but I like those kinds of things early in the game. I think it sets a tone. Like in '07, the Titans beat the Jags in Jacksonville. On the first play of the game, MJD gets a handoff and Albert Haynesworth bursts through the line, grabs him, and throws him to the ground like a rag doll. He got a penalty for Unnecessary Roughness (for tackling a RB too hard? Seriously? Lamest penalty I've ever seen, and it only was called because of AH's reputation), but it set the tone that the Titans were gonna be the more physical team that game. And they were.

Just don't do it on the drive where the game is on the line, lol.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-05-2009, 06:14 PM
I gotcha dude.

I liked the hit on Ocho Cinco too. It probably wasn't the best thing to do, but I like those kinds of things early in the game. I think it sets a tone. Like in '07, the Titans beat the Jags in Jacksonville. On the first play of the game, MJD gets a handoff and Albert Haynesworth bursts through the line, grabs him, and throws him to the ground like a rag doll. He got a penalty for Unnecessary Roughness (for tackling a RB too hard? Seriously? Lamest penalty I've ever seen, and it only was called because of AH's reputation), but it set the tone that the Titans were gonna be the more physical team that game. And they were.

Just don't do it on the drive where the game is on the line, lol.

lol Is that a shot at the Ravens because of our lame penalty's at the end of games this year or am I just insecure?

TitanHope
11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
lol Is that a shot at the Ravens because of our lame penalty's at the end of games this year or am I just insecure?

The Lewis hit on Ocho Cinco was on Cincy's game winning drive, wasn't it? That's what I was getting at. But ya'll do have a knack for getting inopportune penalties, though. I remember when Suggs grazed Collins's helmet last year, and got called for Roughing the Passer. Then when ya'll played the Pats and got called for barely touching Brady.

But that hit by Lewis was obviously unnecessary. Those others were the definition of ticky tacky.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Yea I hear you but Ray is allowed to do that sometimes.

AntoinCD
11-24-2009, 06:02 AM
I think he has every chance to do it now. He needs to average approximately 125 yards a game and has still to play the Rams, the Colts, the Chargers and the Seahawks. Not to mention that the Dolphins haven't been as stout in recent weeks

ChefMike
11-24-2009, 10:44 AM
I think Johnson will fall just short, that wouldn't make me happy but I don't think he will do it. In the era of the pass happy offensive Coordinator and the Cards defense stopping the run as good as any he is going to have it easy past that.

I would love to see another 2000 yd rusher as it would further prove that quality RB's need to at least rush for 100 yds per game and great RB's surpass that!

TitanHope
11-24-2009, 07:33 PM
I think Johnson will fall just short, that wouldn't make me happy but I don't think he will do it. In the era of the pass happy offensive Coordinator and the Cards defense stopping the run as good as any he is going to have it easy past that.

I would love to see another 2000 yd rusher as it would further prove that quality RB's need to at least rush for 100 yds per game and great RB's surpass that!

That was the case against San Fran and Houston. The Texans hadn't given up a 100-yard rusher in a while, and San Fran has a studly run defense. CJ still gets his yards. The Cards are middle of the road at allowing YPC - they're giving up 4.3 yards per run. Opposing offenses only run an average of 24.1 times against them, with is the 6th least amount in the NFL. CJ and VY will probably count for around 35 carries.

I dunno if he'll get there either, but even if he doesn't, he could still end the season over 6 YPC, which alone is insane.

BaLLiN
11-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Whatever he's doing he needs to keep doing it, i feel so pro picking him in the 5th round of my 10 team fantasy league.

TitanHope
11-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Whatever he's doing he needs to keep doing it, i feel so pro picking him in the 5th round of my 10 team fantasy league.

It would've been pro to pick him in the 1st RD. How all ten of ya'll let him fall to the 5th is dumbfounding...